Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 22 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 am

This is starting to get worse even without the Reapers.

A large amount of the militia took in many wounded and comatose members of Anafall City to assist with the medical efforts due to overloaded hospitals. Halcion had done a massive number on the citizens. The Chosen Sword watched as the masses all returned to Headquarters, walking ahead of her at the entrance. Her war is causing - the war she made them all get sucked into. "Have you no shame? Signing them up for your war." Harbinger's voice haunted Yukino, causing her to grit her teeth. Her ring hand gripped at her heart, feeling it stop momentarily again. Then, thump, thump thump thump, thump. Her pulse caught up with the missed beats.

Yukino leaned against a wall, wincing audibly. She left like this was years ago when she was hungry and didn't eat during the War of Liberation. Hana's image was here in the front in front of the Chosen Sword. ... The princess glared stoically. "What...?" The elder sister asked, a bit panicked. "Stop looking at me like that...!" Panic furthered. "I'm doing all I can! Just stop staring at me with those eyes!!" Was screamed, and Hana remained unchanged. That lost girl began approaching the mess of a queen, scaring her before the image faded.

Soldiers started to believe the commander was going crazy.

"I..." Yukino breathed heavily and slowly.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:56 am

Opening his eyes, Seifer felt himself leaning against something warm... Right, he'd fallen asleep with Rosalia. Smiling, the male nuzzled against his beloved for a moment before hearing... something going on outside. He hated leaving Rosalia by herself, but she'd be safe in here at least... Using a bit of paper he found, he quickly scribbled that he'd be around, placing the paper in her hands... and kissing the pinkette's cheek as he tried to quietly exit the room... Going outside.

Glancing around, things seemed fine at first, but then... He noticed Yukino against the wall. Did... Something happen? ...Of course it did, what was he even asking himself? "All of you back off." the brunette barked as he made his way to his sister, holding out his uninjured hand so that she could see it, if her vision wasn't to blurry to actually see. "Hey, here... Let me help you... Let's get you inside..." he spoke softly to his snowflake of a sister, and while she was older... He hoped maybe this time he could be the one to help.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:01 am

Yukino was exhausted, and her eyes showed that of a old, tired war veteran. She was still young, yet she felt as if she aged to her forties. Shakily she took her younger brother's hand, and wobbled off of the wall, gritting her teeth as she stared at the ground. Stay resolute, stay brave against the adversity. They need you, they need you, they need you. You're the pillar. Leaning on another draws failure as a commander in these dark times. No, not even Haruka can save you.

You stand at the highest point of the summit, and all you want to do is get down.

The Chosen Sword's breathing was still unsteady.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:09 am

"Yukino..." Seifer began to shepard his big sister inside the infirmary making sure she was stable enough to walk first, shutting the door behind them before leading the snowflake to a cot, slowly sitting her down... Calling for a doctor. "Look. ...I don't care what anyone says, you're not a failure." he sighed sitting across from her, placing his hands in his lap. "We all make mistakes. It doesn't matter who we are. ...But no matter who we are, we can't shoulder it all alone." scratching his cheek, he gave a soft sigh shaking his head. "No matter what has happened, nor what will happen, I won't think any less of you.

He continued to stare at her, offering his hand again, a different meaning this time. "Let me help you. Let your brother stand beside you instead of behind you. I don't want to see you suffer anymore." the brunette gave a gentle smile. "We're family, even if we're not related by blood. So let me take care of you to, okay? ...Let me become your pillar and everyone else's. You don't have to bear this burden alone." he's just trying to help. That's all he wants.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:16 am

"I appreciate it..." Yukino let out a sigh - nay, a soft wheeze as her brother led her to the infirmary. With his help, the woman sat down, sweating a little bit. Just like Malice, she put up a strong front against Trinity, but a strong front didn't mean they were wrong. "... But I am a failure", she began, staring down at the ground again. "My mistakes get people lost or killed. How slow I move, react, how many casualties I can't figure how to avoid in strategies: all of this is my fault. None of you should even be in this war, especially you, but I appealed to your heart. I brought you in with the notion of Rosalia being in danger if you didn't help. I used your lover as an excuse to turn you into a soldier... I'm... I'm no better than Harbinger."

He took up her hand, willing to stand with her, just to end her suffering. To be a pillar and take the burden... no. "No, I can't..." No one else can be allowed to take this in - only her. These people were brought in to fight, and she would not pain them with anything else at the very least. If Yukino Espoir was to suffer the failures of improper plotting and timing, no one else is to feel the shame of it. Even if she wasn't the one who came up with the plan.

She was beginning to grow weary and sleepier.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:26 am

"Don't be stupid." he sighed, hugging his sister. This was weird for him, since he was still really tall compared to her and Rosalia. When did he actually get this tall? Whatever. "It may be true that you tried using her for your own gain. But now look where we are. We're family. ...Besides..." he leaned back a bit, his face firm but kind. "I chose to fight. It wasn't because of what you told me. I chose to fight because when I thought about it, it didn't matter if you showed up to tell us or not. We'd be attacked anyway. We would of been brought into it, with or without you. But with you..." he sat down on his knees in front of the snowflake so that he could at least try to make eye contact.

"With you, we had a fighting chance. We could be prepared. It's good that you take responsibility for your mistakes, and losses. That's the sign of a great leader. But I've always told you that you needed to rest. Yukino Espoir, my beloved sister, you are one of the strongest people I know, but if this stress... This pain kills you, it's not worth it. Not at all. You can't bear the burden alone anymore. ..." he paused, thinking of what to say. "We chose to follow you in the end. You didn't force us. All of this is our choice. You're not alone. You're never alone, and I refuse to let you be if you tried." keeping her hand in his he smiled shutting his eyes as the doctor came over. "Let me help you, as you have helped me. Given me hope and life. And rest. Alright?"
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:39 am

The Chosen Sword just couldn't find the strength to hug him back, simply leaning forward in his arms. They're family based on her dragging them into this war, and that's terrible. Had she left them alone, maybe Seifer wouldn't have been stabbed in the past, maybe Rosalia wouldn't have kept vanishing, maybe they'd get to live normal lives while just hiding from the invaders. He chose to fight, but...

Her eyes flashed red listening to Seifer. The sign of enlightenment - Yukino Espoir is running herself to death, and acceptance of this was clear. Had she not returned from another timeline, humanity would be less prepared for both invasions, and would've been worse off at best. They need you. The strongest woman's eyes reverted, still staring at her brother as he spoke highly of her and voiced his concern.

"The burden isn't yours alone", a vast multitude of paladins spoke at once with Seifer. She's not alone and she didn't have to take this alone. Relying on others is United Sanctuary basics.

"I..." Yukino opened her mouth as the doctor walked in. "... Okay." Was all she could muster, unsure of how to respond.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:23 am

Seifer gave one last reassuring smile before standing up. Actually he almost regretted calling the doctor. But it's better that he did. He didn't really have any medical expertise. "I'll be nearby alright? Relax, rest. Let the doctor look after you... And seriously get some rest." he kept going on that point but he was still just worried. "Stop blaming yourself. We're not in this position because of you." he should probably stop. He probably would after that point honestly. He could only keep beating the same point over and over. One more reminder. "I'm here... We're here with you." he was referring to everyone that trusted her. With that he nodded to the doctor who'd step in first to check on her overall physical health and pulse.

He however walked only a few feet away to check on Rosalia. She was still asleep? Well, going to leave her alone for now. Turning his attention away from the pinkette, he pulled out his deck looking through it... Stopping on Mordred for just a moment, before continuing on through the rest of the deck. He was now completely determined protect everyone.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:58 am

Darren awoke in the medical ward. He moved his hand to his head. That power... He could 'see' things like the energy of the Seeds and the Reapers. He could even fight with the same effectiveness as someone with a Reality Bangle could against this threats, but he didn't have one. He had a small understanding of how he could do all of this, but his understanding of it was small.

Darren let out a small sigh as he said, "We need to talk..." To his call, Metalborg, Sin Buster appeared next to his bed. He was slightly smaller than he should be. He had to be in order to fit in the room. Super Dimensional Robo Daikaiser was there as well. Daikaiser was the first to speak.

"You overdid it, kid. You don't have to work that hard to get a carbon copy of Daiyusha's body. The real deal is out there. We'll find it.

Darren sighed lightly. "Yeah, I know... But I saw a chance and I went for it. I'm not used to that power yet and I don't know its limits."

Metalborg, Sin Buster spoke next. "That power is important. It gives you the strength to stand against your enemies, to protect what is important. We need time to learn how to harness it."

"How can you say that after what just happened?! He needs to get one of those reality Bangles.

"His power alone is stronger than those! Even untapped, he equals them. When trained..."

"Of course you'd be all about power! You are a creation of Malice, after all. I don't know why Darren trusts you!"

"I didn't ask to do what was done at that time! The Seed's power forced me to. You felt it yourself, so don't speak as if I fought by my own choice."

"And how do we know you aren't trying to get Darren to use that power so it takes him over and he becomes Malice again?!"

"Do you want to feel my sword in your nuts, Dimensional Robo?!"

"You wanna get blasted in the bolts, Metalborg?!"

At this point, Darren was holding his ears and trying to drown out the argument. It wasn't working. He finally yelled out, "ENOUGH!" The two large robots stopped from that. Darren let out a sigh and spoke. "Sin Buster and the others were being influenced by the Darkness... just like Daiyusha was once. I forgave him for what he did... what I did... So there's no reason I can't forgive Sin Buster. I can't ask you to do the same, but for Daiyusha who went through a similar situation, can you at least try?"

Daikaiser sighed lightly. "Now that you're up and moving, you can pick up my deck and..."

"No." Darren interrupted, causing Daikaiser to turn to him in shock. "You have something more important to work on right now. You said it yourself, we'll find Daiyusha's body. Its not gonna happen unless someone is looking. I can't have you fighting with me and searching at the same time. That's why I only used a few of the Dimesional Robos in this deck. Everyone needs to be there, helping to recover Daiyusha. That means you too, Kaiser."

Daikaiser wanted to argue, but Darren was his Vanguard. Daikaiser didn't allow Darren to fight Glendios due to his worry for Daiyusha. He didn't have the right to go against Darren now. "I'll protect him with my life." Sin Buster said to him.

Daikaiser gave a sigh of defeat. "You better..." was his response. "I'll make it quick. Don't miss me too much." Daikaiser disappeared after that. Sin Buster disappeared after that and Darren's cards started to glow.

Everyone in the Medical Ward that didn't have a Reality Bangle was looking at Darren with worry, concern, and fear. They thought he was losing his mind, talking to nothing. He probably should have chosen a less crowded area for a talk like this.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Neo made his way back to the slums after the attack of Reverse although he wasnt in the best of moods. He felt like he let everyone down and let down Narukami. Neo made his way deep underground until he heard alot of screaming.

"What in the world is that about?" Neo asked himself

Neo walked toward the Medical Ward and noticed Darren talking to his units with everyone else watching in worry.

"Alright all of you can get back to what you were doing, nothing to worry about here" Neo said as the people walked off

Neo then turned to Darren.

"Its been so long.." Neo said
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Darren stood up as it looked at if he were about to leave. There were a lot of things he still needed to do. He needed to take some time and understand his new abilities, and he also needed to get a better handle on his deck. Before he had a chance to go anywhere, he heard a voice. He turned and saw that it was Neo once again.

"Oh Neo. Last time I saw you, you had red eyes and various Thunder Dragons." He was obviously referring to when Neo was Reversed. "Ah... sorry about all the stuff Malice put you through. That was a bad..." He didn't really know how to finish the sentence, but he felt bad for what everyone had been put through.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:26 pm

During a time of trials and pain, the pinkette slept soundly in the corner of one of the medical rooms. It was where she last found Seifer after the issue with Noel, but it looks like she had stayed asleep longer than he. When she shifted, something moved a bit around her, and there was nothing in her embrace save for a scrap of paper. The paper was a note from her lover, just saying he would be around, while the "blanket" over her was actually his jacket.

Well, when she rubbed her eyes and glanced around, it seemed the note was true. He was right there in the room with her, and on the nearby cot was Yukino. Guess he went to help her; that's about all that made sense. Rosalia yawned before getting to her feet, pulling the jacket around her petite frame more. Given how tall Seifer had gotten, his jacket seemed that much larger. She only filled the empty jacket space because of her shawl and the scarf.

"What'cha got there?..." Rosalia mused softly, making her way to the brunette's side and peeking over his shoulder. He was looking so intently at his deck that she thought her voice might startle him. "Shadow Paladin?... Well, you did say you had them and Kagero. I don't think I'd be any good against either of your clans though." She paused, glancing over at Yukino on the cot, then sighed while twirling a lock of pink hair between her fingers. "How bad was the attack?..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Her voice did indeed startle him, though he didn't jump, merely set his head atop of her's while removing the deck from sight. "I think you'd do fine. ...As for that.." he shook his head. It shouldn't be brought up for now. In any case, the male lightly slipped his arms around the tiny frame of his beloved... burying his face into her hair with his eyes shutting. "Did you sleep okay?" this right here, was the reason he could be strong. Her. Just being with her allowed him to break his own limits. It let him be who he truly wanted to be... That same guy who always wanted to just help everyone, and now... that was multiplied. He'd help anyone and everyone he could... "Sorry I didn't wake you, I figured you could use the extra sleep..."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 pm

"Even with all the sleep in the world, I still pass out in the middle of public at the most inopportune moments... I swear I'm narcoleptic," the female fussed, but only shrugged at the thought of not being woken up when Seifer got up. It was alright. She probably wouldn't have woken up anyways, or would have been as little help possible. Which reminded her... "Well, I still think I wouldn't be good... I just don't feel like a fighter like I was before, and even then..."

Rosalia sighed, shaking her head as she tried to relax in his embrace. "I want to actually learn how to be a proper medic... I can figure out basics on my own, but I want to do more because of everyone being hurt... Maybe that's why I got Angel Feather..." This time, she took out her own deck, with what could be safely described as her current avatar on top: Overdose Celestial, Asmodel. Both unit and human even had pink hair. Cute coincidence, though she only sighed again and kissed Seifer lightly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be complaining like this to you..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 pm

"Don't you start that to." he mumbled before kissing her back. "I'm tired of everyone around me being a defeatist. Tired of them shouldering to much, feeling like they're unable to do anything because they think they're weak. Failure... Things like like." his eyes drifted to the small space that was barely between their bodies. "I'm tired of it all... I didn't accept their help to come back to this." he realized he hadn't told her yet... Told her what had happened with him not even that long before she reappeared. ...Honestly, he preferred it that way.

"I'm tired of us being talked down about, tired of feeling weak. ...So because of that... I'm going to work to become the strongest..." taking the female's hands, he tenderly placed his forehead against hers... his eyes shutting. "I could easily be the weakest person here. The biggest failure. So maybe if I work myself to being the strongest, then maybe everyone can stop looking down on themselves and evolve." he sighed, squeezing the pinkette's hands tightly, but not so tight that it'd hurt her. No, he would never be able to live with himself.

He was trying to be quiet so Yukino didn't over hear. Honestly he could probably of just moved them elsewhere. Maybe he should, but in any case... "It hurts, but I choose to believe..." he probably didn't make a whole lot of sense with very little context but... Maybe it was just him ranting to his lover.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Something about 'coming back' confused the female, but not for long. Whatever happened in the past was something she couldn't change. He was right though; ever since the pinkette returned, everything around them just seemed so depressing, as if all of the hope had vanished and they were just going through the motions of fighting a losing battle. They had to work towards a future they could all be happy with...

Rosalia shut her eyes, her own hands squeezing his in return perhaps a tad tighter than he was doing so to her. Taking slow deep breaths, the female remained silent for a solid thirty seconds, then opened her eyes. Bright crimson stared at her fiancé's face, and if he were to just open his eyes, the male would see a smile on the female's lips. "Okay. Then I'll be optimistic. I won't just try to be a good medic, but I will be a good medic. No, I'll be a great one, just the one that this place needs so I can help you and Yukino, and everyone else..." Maybe she just needed a little moral boost, but Seifer clearly needed one himself. Heck, everyone in this place needed one.

"I believe in you, and we'll get through this..." Another light kiss, this time to the male's forehead, was followed by a soft giggle. "Now you get to help me figure out how to learn all the medical stuffs I need to know~"
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:16 pm

He didn't have to open his eyes to tell, but he did anyway. He always felt some form of relaxation looking into her eyes. It was still odd, seeing her hair as it was... And the fact that she was still so short... But... A soft smile, a tender kiss, and a caress of the hand. "We're not alone. None of us are. We just have to believe in each other. That's how we get by." He lightly pulled himself away from the embrace they'd been holding the entire time, though he was rather reluctant to do so. "And hey, I dunno how much help I'll be with medical stuff. I guess I can help you practice though." a light tease at himself for always getting hurt somehow.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Rosalia pouted a bit at the thought of Seifer always getting hurt, but it was something that even the gods above couldn't stop from happening. In a split second, he thought that grabbing the sharp edge of a blade was a good idea earlier with Noel's incident, as did Yukino... Seriously people. Sharp things are bad for you. Speaking of which, the female glanced down at the male's bandaged hand, rubbing the back of his hand lightly. "Guessing I did okay so far, given you haven't said much about your hand. Then agaaaaain, you would hide it from everyone anyways if it did hurt," the pinkette huffed before climbing out of her lover's embrace. She walked over to where she left the medical supplies she "borrowed" earlier and brought them over to the brunette's side. The female then snatched his bandaged hand and carefully removed the bandages, which were a tad soiled from the obvious cut bleeding earlier. "Well... it looks clean anyways..."

Sighing mostly to herself, Rosalia cleaned up the dried blood, added just a tad of disinfectant (she was paranoid about any little cut getting infected), and then wrapped his hand up in fresh bandages. "I should check Yukino's hands, but I'm not sure if someone else did earlier.. That, and I don't want to wake her..." the pinkette playing medic added at the end, glancing at the future snowflake sister-in-law.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 pm

"Hey Neo, I'm gonna go check on Yuki. Talk to ya later, okay?"

After speaking with Neo, Darren decided to check on Yukino. He probably had a lot to talk about with her and he knew that he was going to need to cheer her up. He could tell the armor used by that Star Vader was made of the same material as Harbinger's armor. Who would have thought they could mass produce it? It makes one wonder if others were going to be using the same armor. Most would be distraught at this thought, but Darren smiled at the idea.

"If they keep using it, we'll eventually find a way through!"

That made some sense, but in reality, how could you break armor that negated actions against it? It wasn't physically possible. Still, if anyone could break defenses in an impossible way, it would be a Hero. If Yukino and the others needed such a person, Darren would be that person, even if his body couldn't handle it.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Yukino had been pulled into a deep slumber after utter exhaustion of the body and soul. Worrying as far as the doctor was concerned, but this wasn't the first time. The Chosen Sword found herself within a dream - a transition to Cray's United Sanctuary once again. She stood at a cliff in front of a vast, orange ocean reflecting the color of the sunset sky. A gentle breeze, still causing her military cape to flutter slightly in the wind, along with her ponytail, as she stared in sleepy confusion. Softly, the crashing waves slammed against the rocky terrain below, as if trying to reach her. Why was she here now of all times? First, in the civil war, she watched the swordsman of light clash with Blaster Dark in an attempt to win him over, and received Majesty Lord Blaster. The second? Ezel and her fell into the Rift, and sat on a beach together. The third time after she lived on Cray was to speak with all the paladins before the final battles with Chaos Breaker and Glendios, which ended up being a pledge to Alfred becoming the Genuine King.

Now, a fourth time...

"My vanguard..." Ahmes' voice spoke a familiar phrase to when they first met - the first natural connection they had in her younger years. That hero of light approached her from behind, and stood at her side in front of the falling sun. It was Blaster Blade's turn, the first of her avatars, to truly speak to her and her heart. Exculpate and Blaster Blade Seeker gazed off into the distance in silence for a few moments, not sure what to speak to one another. It was difficult, as Ahmes was still coping with the fact that he "disappeared" in the past, brought into a future of what happened without him. Then, the Chosen Sword was just as bad off, wanting to give up in a fight the world needed her for. As human and avatar - they were connected by the same threads of fate.

"... You brought me here?" Yukino asked, slightly turning to him.

"... I wanted to talk to you privately. We did so all the time when you were a child, but ever since the civil war, our communication as simply... friends has been scarce."

"It's... been busy."

"Far too busy."

After a small exchange, the two seated themselves at the edge of the cliff, sitting closely by one another.

"I'm sorry", the man began, surprising Yukino. "You feel stressed and weak for all you're going through and the fact that you can't just make it disappear. That's our fault. We dragged you into everything by designating you Espoirs to be connected to Cray. I chose you, and made you a part of a fight you no longer even want to stay in. While it is noble to stay for the people... You still deserve happiness and relief."

"... I chose to stay in the fight."

"If I told you earlier at any point you no longer had to do anything, what would you do? What if I told you we could just stop the Reapers, and you didn't have to put a hand in it anymore?"

Yukino fell silent, not eager to say she'd help anyway just to see those monsters killed by her own hands. No, the woman was tired and no longer wanted to stand. To be told everything would be taken care of, then it was actually taken care of in confidence... She'd take a vacation in a heart beat, pulling Haruka out of it too for good measure. Lord knows he probably doesn't want to keep at this either, and their honeymoon would be...

"You said you wanted to have that vacation here on the planet, right?" Blaster Blade inquired.

"... Y-Yes."

"After this all is finally over, I'll find you some place nice away from the United Sanctuary. Perhaps on the edge of Zoo so you can enjoy an ocean's view with a side of pleasant nature."

"Why not in the Sanctuary?"

"Because no one would shut up and leave you two any peace. I can't imagine Magallanica would either on Haruka's end. So, I want to settle you both somewhere nice and quiet as a reward for the hardships you've both gone through."

"... As a soldier, maybe I wouldn't be able to sit down in the quiet for so long."

"Well, I don't expect it to be that quiet with you both secluded together."

"A-Ahmes." Yukino grinned and the swordsman of light had a smirk on his face. These two Blasters happily looked toward one another, eyes flashing red for a moment as they near enlightenment together. "Exculpate" was soon to fully return, but in the meantime, this little break from the chaos in contemplating a calm future relaxed the mind and soul. They were synchronized, so their evolution and moods would match. They chuckled, relieving the heavy air of war from their lungs. Even if Ezel was her best friend, Ahmes was akin to a brother. He'd make sure everything is alright to the best of his ability, an ideal paladin that defends and fights for the people, then does what he can to ensure further joy. That Courage forever implanted in Yukino's heart would be at her side through life, turmoil, and even death if it came down to it.

A real avatar.

"I know you've heard it plenty, and you're going to hear it again, but this burden isn't yours alone. If something happens, it's our faults to. If you weren't fast enough, we weren't fast enough. If you weren't strong enough, we weren't strong enough. Our battles and lives aren't to pass the blame or let one absorb it for themselves, rather, we stand united and sharing the blame to grow together. I don't care if your name is Exculpate, Hikari, Yami, or any of that. You're a paladin among us, so you are united with us."

"I..."

"If it's painful, we'll all be in pain. You want to save everyone and make them happy, but everyone includes you."

Yukino stared longingly into the ocean, bewildered by the notion of sharing the pain she's felt for so long. Part of her believed there was no point in bothering others with it, another simply believed that the emotion of sorrow was a weakness, and it had to be ignored. Yet, everyone wants a piece of it. Suffering unites the cornered rats against the giant tyrants, and a revolution is born from the desire of those in misery. Another red flash, she's learning. She's accepting reality.

From day one, she was not alone.

"You even have that beast at your side." Ahmes spoke, standing up with her. The two sighted Yunos in the distance. Drawing the black claymore, a purple light shined forth as the Dragon of Hell was summoned. Their sworn enemy from the start of it all, the corrupted Guardian Dragon. And from Ahmes' own blue light on his blade, Thing Saver Dragon was called beside him.

"... Guardian Dragon Thing Saver", Yukino began, walking toward them with Blaster Blade. "I initially believed Zenon summoning you was a grand idea, and Ahmes became your sort of tour guide for this timeline. However, you are in reality a selfish deity who didn't fight with comrades in the name of companionship. Your ability is powerful, but ignores everyone else. You simply have Ahmes' power to boost your own strength... I started to hate you, and the truth of your future told me why. Because your name is..."

Thing Saver vanished.

"Phantom Blaster Dragon", the Abyss Dragon answered. "Does it not make sense, Exculpate? I sacrifice my subjects in order to advance and conquer. Haha, meaningless tools to further my own ambitions. I even used that fool Jellal to assist me in the civil war, and nearly won it had you not reached out to his heart. If you hadn't united both of our clans. ... And yet, despite this, I'm here with you against invaders. Oh, the delicious irony born from a despairing past. It pleases me greatly."

"... You're a monster."

"Yes, but I am a monster with a heart of sorts. A past of good will. While that is not the case in the present, I'm better than a monster with no heart, so I get to be arrogant about it."

"I suppose this is the part where you say you're standing with me willingly now?"

"I'd kill you if I wasn't sealed in Blaster Dark. However, you need me to carry out our title: "Revenge". I care not for noble sentiments or the like. All that matters is we can get the job done. If I have to kill everyone bearing the same name, it's for the sake of killing that which plagues my sanctuary. I want to rule this land, but I cannot rule that which is deleted. I'm strong, and you are as well. Together, we can break apart that which ails us and... hm... a bit more."

The Abyss Dragon chuckled evilly. While they could not condone such malicious and vile intent on top of willingly casting aside allies to press forward... As a paladin, he still acknowledged that his power comes from sacrificing others - he needs others. That demon would not speak it aloud, but it's always how he's done things. Even as "Dragruler Phantom" in an alternative form, he has thrown his fellows under the bus for power. ... And they needed power.

"What do you suggest?" Yukino asked him.

"You need to speak with that Darren child, as he knows too much for how long he's been out. He didn't need your device to fight either. Find my, ahem, "previous master" Jellal who has returned. That imbecile is suffering amnesia, so give him a weapon. Whether he remembers or not is of no concern to me, but he is useful, as he defeated you several times. Also, interrogate that hapless twit you have jailed. Learn Harbinger's base of operations or plans if possible."

"How do you suppose I interrogate someone who gets off on misery?"

"Quell your rage for one. You get angry at her and she will jeer. Threats are meaningless, simply give her no quarter. Do not take bait as you almost always do."

"I don't always take bait!"

"Like that."

"Ugh..."

"I am merely attempting to assist my nemesis. Why so hostile?"

"I didn't trust you in the past, I didn't trust half of your lingering spirit as Mordred, and I still don't trust you now."

"You have nothing to lose if you trust me. You have all of existence to lose if you don't."

With the Reapers around, that was a decent point.

"If light is to return to this world, you need to follow up your little speech in the untapped timeline as Exculpate and believe in light and dark needing one another."

"You still have your memories?"

"Hahaha! Even in the shadows, there are miracles! Do not doubt me Exculpate, for I am powerful! You want a future? I'll throw the past into the faces of titans like a cannonball! With this Damned Lance, I can cleave all that opposes me! I am supreme! I am majestic! I am destruction itself!"

Ugh, now he's going on about himself. The other human blasters sweat nervously, not even bothering to make the abyss dragon cease his shouting. Yukino looked pleased enough anyway, knowing that even her sworn enemy would stand against the invaders with her. The border of enlightenment was near - light would return to this world. Shadow is to be trusted. Gold is still united under the flag of companionship between both. This Chosen Sword that wished only for rest was spoken to in a dream that everything and everyone stood alongside her. In the waking world, everyone and everything would continue to stand alongside her. The dividing of humanity is simply another thing on the long list of things to take back from the invaders. Cracking Harbinger's armor is just something they'll have to come up with in the future, but they'd still have to avoid fighting her directly. Chronos was right, after all.

Yes.

Everyone is right.

You are learning, and knowledge is a power.

Transcend as you did before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yukino's eyes finally opened in the medical bay.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:30 pm

Darren was in her room, his arms crossed as he looked down at her. He smiled lightly when she opened her eyes. He had no idea what she was dreaming, what she saw, but he wanted to cheer her up as best as he could. "Wakey wakey, Yuki," he said to her. "Have a good sleep?"
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Yukino groaned softly, trying to force herself to sit up with haste after awakening. However, violent palpitations decided against that, and caused her to wince and breath heavily. The Chosen Sword took a moment to calm her pulse before addressing Darren, stabilizing her breaths. "Darren... hello. We need to talk a bit, so I'm glad you showed up..." The commander smiled, relaxing. His good mood upon returning from the chaos he had been locked up in was a very, very good sign, and it made her happy to see him smiling.

"My sleep was fine, however... We need to talk about how you were fighting without a Reality Bangle."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Darren gave a small chuckle from her question. He knew this was coming. He took a seat next to her on the bed so she would be close to him. He placed his hand onto hers as he saw she was in pain. He wanted to ease the pain at least by taking away her need to move around.

"Right... about that..." Darren began, trying to think of how to say it. "Well, I couldn't really remember anything that happened after getting that Seed unto me... at least not until I touched this..." He showed her his deck. It was Metalborgs. "After I remembered everything, I noticed I had abilities of my own. Probably has something to do with the Seeds. I couldn't just fight without a Bangle. I SAW her power, all that was happening."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Of course, the Seeds did it. Speaking of that: "Figures you'd still get Metalborgs out of this, and I'm glad to have more allies. What's Daikaiser doing? Not only that, but did you recognize that woman we fought?"

That probably isn't how Seeds work, but if they can recognize either, then it's something.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Many questions at once. Best to address everything in order, one at a time. "Metalborgs were a product of Malice," he began. "Heroes touched by the Seed, they didn't have a choice because Malice used it to control them. I don't want to judge them on that... not like I did Daiyusha. He gave a small sigh at the memory. He felt betrayed by Daiyusha telling him to doom humanity only to learn that it was never him speaking. How could the hero ever forgive his Vanguard for that?

"As for Kaiser, he is searching for Daiyusha's body. He had to be restored... We need him. I... I need him back. As for the woman. Seeds don't really know each other like that, but I can see the Seed Energy in her, and others too lie Aeden and the Aqua Force girl. I see your energy too... if I try hard enough. I know you aren't from this dimension, though I guess its obvious. Anyway, I do recognize the girl, but that's because she was with Tomato-Head a lot at her base of operations."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next