Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 43 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Dementuo Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:59 am

Karin stepped forward once again, facing the rest of Humanity. She unsheathed her blade and pointed it out, towards the Resistance now that they had gathered. She paused for a moment, remaining completely motionless, her cape flowing slowly in the breeze. By now, the wisps, the tiny flames had settled and dissipated. Karin now stood as their brightest light, their Ray of Hope amidst a sea of darkness... The only one left standing, at least. No one would soon forget the sacrifice the hero Aoi had left them, nor the hope she had managed to impart upon them all. Then, at last, Karin spoke.

"Soldiers. Heroes. All of Humanity and more. What you have just heard are the true feelings of the Hollow Sword who fights by our side. True feelings that come from the Heart itself... From an inextinguishable Flame of Passion that burns within us all. And though some of you may have been familiar with it, others may not be. What Yukino has told you all is that of the beginning; The start of this wretched story we call "Fate". Where everything began, where our Nightmare first took root. What I will share with you now... Is what comes after.

The genesis beyond the beginning.

...When I first fell into this nightmare, I was like many of you. Confused by what I saw, frightened of what I felt. A chance encounter with a friend brought me to the Resistance. Back then, I didn't have a clue what my future was going to be. Never in my entire life would I have assumed I would be standing here now, as commander of the Resistance, preparing to lead a final charge against the last remaining Reapers. Perhaps, I was even a little naive. But a single moment pushed me in this direction. A single action led me to this life, to this future.

I reached out, and saved the life of another. A friend's life, one who I've come to understand more than I ever thought possible... One who I've shared a trip through hell with. Had I never saved that friend's life, I would have never remained in the Resistance. Had I not remained, I never would have started on my ruinous path of destruction. Had I not walked that path...

...I would not be standing here. I would not be alive. My future would have ceased to exist.

But, through that single action, and the weave of time and everything in between, I have been given this chance, a chance to take hold of a future all my own. And with this chance, I vow to see it through, to the very end.
"

Karin paused to take a deep breath, raising her sword up again. The flames that pulsed within the blade shined brightly, for all to see.

"And to you, the rest of Humanity, I bid you take this chance with me! Follow me through this war, and seize a future for your own. Humanity, there is but one path open to us... Forward!

Upon this sword, and on my own life, I swear to show you the way! Three Reapers remain, and the location of their dwelling is at last within sight! With all our strength and all our hope, we will cleave Legion in two! We will pierce Sovereign's skull! We will, at long last, be rid of Harbinger's never-ending nightmare!

Hearken to me and follow in my wake, all of Humanity! Stand with me, and push straight ahead! For beyond the edge of Oblivion that we stand at, our Future awaits us!
"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:53 am

Xat closed her eyes at the words that were spoken and knew that it was time for the final battle to approch. She sat down a little ways away and pulled out her deck taking out both yukina dn glacia and replacing them with her new leagon. After she was done her mind driffted back to the harsh words that were spoken to her on the mounten by a ghost of Malice.

'You wait in the shadows like a coward and freed a unit or two after the grunt work was done. Just like the Murakumos you use.' She felt doubt rise in her again as the words played through her mind. "Do I really just wait int he shadows?" She asked outloud as more words from him flashed through her mind.

'Unable to fight your own battles so you wait for your opponent to be weakened by stronger fighters, then kick them when they're down. You're really no better than I am.' Thoughs words came next to her mind and they alone made her question things. "Am I really that shallow? Do I let others do the dirty work then finsih it off. Was he right?" She asked as she looked around at the others seeing them finishing what they had to do before the battle.

She knew Riko had left for the village and wont be partaking in the battle and that gave her some soft hope that one fo the people she cares for will be out of the way. With a heavy heart full of doubt she stood up ready to go to the final battle.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:31 am

Okuri listened intently as his friend began sharing details with his past. A friend named Arturo. They'd done everything together including vanguard. But his friend made choices, started running with the wrong crowd and Carlos found himself unable to help him. The man wouldn't say it but it certainly sounded as though Arturo had passed on. This soon led to anger and frustration concerning the current state of events. All the people he couldn't help came to mind. Koga, Sophie, even the woman Harbinger had fused with Tomozo were beyond his help. But more than the he admitted he was more than just interested in Fuki, he'd fallen in love with her. And like the others there had been nothing he could do for her.

Okuri saw his friend hit his limit. Past and present pain melded all too powerfully in the man's heart and mind. He questioned his worth or why he was even here fighting. He then apologized and seemed to indicate his suffering meant little compared to the spirit's own centuries of experience. He had seen what a war like this could do to people. He was ready for medical attention at which Okuri began slowly walked off back towards the infirmary. It was a lot of information and emotion his friend has shared with him.

"Thank you for sharing all that with me Carlos." he began as their slow but steady pace continued. "There's no need to undermine what you're feeling in comparison to me. I've seen whole decades pass in what felt like a brief moment of monotony and boredom. But you humans are deeply and passionately experiencing every year of your lives. I've lost many dear friends over the centuries. Many to time, others to other causes. Like you there were some I couldn't help. But losing the next in a long line of friends has never made it easier for me. No two of us are the same. Each bond brings its own happiness and sadness. Arturo must have meant the world to you. And to see him go down the path he did must have been unbearable. Never forget what it felt like. And don't make less of it simply because I may have lost more than you. I'll never understand the exact sensation of Carlos losing Arturo no matter how long I live. It's unique and special and sign of the bond you two shared."

As they continued they were once again passing by the craters Gigaton had created. "What are we doing here is a good question. Chronojet's visited us both thinking we both had some significant contribution to make to this effort. And so far all I seem to have done is bond with you all only to lose you in the next battle. But our contributions don't have to be anything amazing. Chronojet merely wanted us to see the future and be happy in it. Aoi and the others who we've lost entrusted that future to all of us not simply to Haruka or Hikari or some other important figure. This will ever be a united effort. Individually our influence seems weak and insignificant but together we'll change everything." he continued.

Okuri continued at this same pace and was drawing nearer to the slowly congregating resistance. Loud voices shouted out to all around them. It was Nemesis first. Still claiming to be Yukino with bothered the spirit. But the message carried real heart to it. A story of her past, and how though she was similar to the fallen Aoi she had not fought with the same courage. A sense of hope had been given even to the Reaper weapon. She asserted no one had died in vain or without purpose. And while everything in him wanted to yell at the woman about Bashiro again he found himself mostly agreeing. They were to approach Karin when they were ready for when this next battle began there would be no going back until the fate of the Earth was settled once and for all.

Karin next spoke. She too shared the story of her pain and struggling. Perhaps the two meant to inspire the rest of humanity with their words. Perhaps they simply needed to voice what they had felt to come to terms with it. Regardless Okuri appreciated the words of the former servants of the Reapers. He had wanted to still hate them but Aoi had helped him set that aside. Hearing the words of their hearts helped confirm the girl had been right in stopping him.

The spirit quickened his slow pace now. "Carlos, the past is painful, the present is frustrating and the future is unclear. And yet I hope you'll keep moving forward. We can't control everything in our lives no matter how much we want to. But life is precious and while it's still ours we should keep moving forward. Carry the memory of those you've lost with you. Let them see the future through you. That's what I've determined to do at the least..." he said trailing off. He had arrived at what remained of the base's infirmary. Medical staff were still on hand and tending to the wounded. Upon the pair arriving they took Carlos from off Okuri's back and looked Okuri over himself. The Spirit was fine and made it clear he was going to stay close by his friend while they treated him. They got Carlos to a bed to begin cleaning and treating wounds and Okuri sat at the bedside, his size making it so he could see most everything they were doing to his friend even while sitting.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:25 pm

As the preparations for the final battle came, a familiar yet unseen man walked towards Yukino and the others currently with her. It was Raiden Mujo. He had been unseen since the battle in which he helped bring back Mirai, the moment Nemesis was first revealed. He had kept up with everything, but he decided his talents were best kept away from the battlefield.

He stopped inches in front of Yukino. With a smile, he said, "Its good to see you well, Yukino Espior. I have been hearing everything through the comm. system of the Reality Bangles. I wanted to give you one final gift." He handed her a USB drive. "The reason I haven't been in the recent battles... or at least one reason, was because I was researching something that can help to damage Harbinger or at least Sovereign. It was proven that a powerful enough force is able to do so, and we recently learned that the concept of hope makes them physically ill and weakened. As a result, I have made this... A program containing the mathematic secrets of Absolute Hope. You can think of it as all of the hope Aoi Undyne gave to us but magnified to a universal level. Add this to the Reality Bangles, and you should be able to damage Sovereign."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:40 pm

After sharing his history of failures with the spirit, Carlos was actually ready to receive some kind of bad response from his friend. Instead, Okuri gave the most understanding and caring answer the young man could've expected. He thanked him for telling him his past, even though what he felt that he only complained on and on. The canine began his way to the infirmary, telling him that he didn't need to undervalue his feelings and saying that most years of his life felt as boring, short and monotone moments. The words his friend spoke made him realize something he may have forgotten a long time ago - How special were the bonds he shared with his friends, specially those who are not with them anymore.

The spirit talked about the judgment of Chronojet Dragon for choosing them as, well, whatever the hell he wanted them to be. He speculated that maybe he just wanted them to be happy with the future and fight for it together. Every single one of them made a contribution to the efforts of building that bright tomorrow, and that was something that needed to be recognized. While carrying him, Okuri passed by a conglomeration of Resistance soldiers. They were listening to the words of Cyber Hika- Well, just Hikari. Or Yukino. Or Nemesis. Never mind her name. She talked about her past and also spoke kind words about how the loss of their friends weren't supposed to be in vain as they left the lingering feeling of hope they desperately needed. Even though memories of Bashiro resurfaced, he agreed with the previous commander-turned-bad cyborg-turned-good cyborg.

Next, it was the turn of their current commander to speak. After sharing the story of how she came to the Resistance, she followed with a promise to guide what was left of the freedom fighters to victory against the invaders. Carlos couldn't agree more with the notion of finally having a way to bring that horrible war to an end, but he currently was to physically and emotionally exhausted to pay attention to the words of those prominent figures. He tried to close his eyes for a bit, as he continued listening to Okuri's inspirational words. As the spirit said, what was left for them was simply carry on. Live to see a bright future in the name of those who were left behind. A part of him felt that knew that already, but an occasional reminder from time to time wasn't a bad idea.

Once they arrived to the infirmary, Carlos was quickly attended by the medical staff. "Wow, you're so kind. Hey, did any of you treat me once after those disastrous first missions I had before?" He asked them. When he felt the comfort of not an improvised stretcher, but a real bed with pillows and all, the young man finally relaxed. He was surprised that Okuri wasn't leaving his side as he was treated by the personnel. "Okuri... I want to thank you" He put his hand on top of his friend's head. It was becoming a bad habit, but he didn't want to stop as he finally understood how having a pet companion felt. "I really appreciate what you've done for me in the last few... Weeks? Days? I lost track of time a while ago, so I don't know anymore. You stop caring about those things after nearly dying twice or thrice". The young man looked away, trying to find the correct words to express what he wanted to say at that moment. "I'm so grateful to you... I know I'm not Jessie nor Bashiro and that I would never be able to replace them. But... I just wanted to say thank you. It's really an honor to be considered your friend". He then closed his eyes to rest after being completely treated.

"... Good, good doggy" He said, completely falling asleep after many restless nights.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:59 am

The spirit smiled as Carlos thanked him. The man's hand came once again to rest on Okuri's head. He didn't mind. He would have yelled or barked in the past but now it was okay. It was a friend's touch and to still be able to have such a thing was a little miracle in and of itself. Carlos thanked him and while he couldn't replace the Hakaisha's he said he felt honored to be the spirit's friend. Okuri remained mostly quiet, enjoying the brief calm brought to them before the final confrontation.

Finally Carlos lost consciousness but not before the words "... Good, good doggy" escaped his mouth. It cause Okuri to reflect some. He'd accepted many sort of typical dog and human type interactions with the people here. Dogs seemed well loved by their humans, their lives seemed comfortable, carefree, full of excitement and affection. What would such a life be like? One not tied down by centuries of experience. Perhaps he'd have to try it in his next life. Just find himself a good human boy and have that simple strong relationship with them. The idea was amusing but unrealistic he felt. Fascinating the things he could think about given all that had happened. And though Carlos was now asleep he finally had words to the thanks he'd been given.

"Of course you're not the brothers. I would never want you to be. The friendship of Carlos and Okuri is unique and special. It's an honor for me to that any of you trusted me enough to call me your friend." he said to his friend who could no longer listen. Content that Carlos had been treated and would recover well Okuri left his sleeping friend's side. He took to wandering the slums reviewing places and events. Places he'd first met various friends, when certain news had been received, where Sophie had first attacked. There was many a memory here in the slums all made in so short a time.

Eventually he wandered back to where he had fought Nemesis and the spot Aoi had embraced him. He could still smell and see it, the faint traces of her blood on the ground from the injury he'd given her. To think there was nothing else left. He reflected again and again on the numberless thoughts and memories running through his mind. Yet more powerfully than ever now a hope was intermingled. A hope for a future worth living. A freshness to life he hoped to enjoy with good friends. He couldn't help but let out a howl that resonated across the slums. But unlike the ones preceding it this one was not mixed with anguish and grief. It carried a simple message to those friends who'd gone on before him. A simple "thank you".
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 pm

"... I don't think hope works on a level of mathematics." Nemesis responded to Raiden, greeting him with a grin and releasing Fubuki from a returning embrace. "We'll be able to damage Sovereign, but with these we'll be able to land deafening, decisive blows needed to kill him." Despite being a cyborg, Yukino didn't think hope could be actually magnified and manifested as a power through a device instead of raw emotion. However, any kind of weapon with just the concept was good enough for her. Besides, Harbinger's stomach churns at the thought of unbreakable hope and faith, so an extra layer of it is sure to piss her off beyond all belief. Even if that ends up a bad thing, the Chosen Sword wants it for sheer spite. Handing the USB to a Resistance Officer to make sure the upgrade goes widespread, the woman nodded and turned to the detective's son.

"Thank you for your service."

That's all she could say to everyone around her as one of their previous leaders. That's all she could think to say to Karin, Haruka, and all those who lost their lives among those still alive.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Raiden nodded to her. Yes, it was a hard to find thing and even Raiden didn't know it existed until it was actually found. He was happy to have it, though. The Resistance was strong enough to harm Sovereign, but he was still the most physically powerful Reaper who wouldn't give many changes. If there was anything that could make victory more assured, he had to help however he could.

"I won't be staying any longer," Raiden said to her. He turned as his hands were in his pockets. "The battle where you first appeared was proof, not the first of it, more like the final straw. I'm not a warrior like all of you are. In this world, everyone has things that they can do and things that they can't do. That's the truth... I've done something you couldn't do with this... so give everything you have doing what I can't do."

Raiden had originally appeared at the tail end of the Reverse incident to discover the truth of what happened. During that investigation, he promised to help find and return Darren to Yukino and everyone else. The truth of the Reverse as well as Darren's return were both accomplished already. His duty as a detective was done and he even discovered that, as a scientist, he has other uses to the world worth looking into.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:05 am

It was quiet, somber. People seemed to be reminiscing about losses, friendships, and other such things that have occurred since they came here. His eyes scanned over everyone he could see, taking account of who all was about to move forward into the final stretch of this war, noting one such bright shining star missing. Tilting his head to the side, it didn't take long to figure out what had happened to the gumball. Sighing to himself, he began moving about Umano just looking about really. His mind felt blank, those who deserved to live sacrificed themselves for the progress of their allies.

Flinching, his hand moved up to his right eye. "Why's it acting up now?" This eye was a weakness, something he considered himself full of, and it would get those around him killed. Maybe he should just...

''Run away?'' a voice echoed from behind. Whirling around, he found himself in the dimly lit space that was his mind, the platform that was always there not so comforting. Before him stood Mordred Phantom, and... Thing Saver Dragon. Glancing to the side, he didn't answer the massive light dragon that had spoke.

"It's hard to believe she fell for someone like you. Both of them really." the dragon spoke again, prodding a nerve.

"Then again you weren't as spineless back then. You had a backbone, you fought without fear against foes well beyond your level not even thinking of the cost to you." Mordred spoke this time, who's words prompted the brunette to finally glance back at the duo.

"Back then I had-.." Seifer started to speak but was quickly silenced as the booming voice of Thing Saver seemed to hit him from every direction at once. "Quit making excuses. She didn't exist when you fought Sera in the snow covered park. You succumbed to your injuries and exhaustion and then when you finally woke up, injured and barely alive you were still the first person to fight Omega Glendios."

The dragon leaned in, staring hard at the brunette who's life he had brought back during the war with Star Vader. "You allowed yourself to be killed by your now sister, just to try and calm her unbridled rage. You used to have no fear, but now all I see before me is a child whining about he lost something. Stop being selfish and go back to being who it is that I chose."

Glancing up at the dragon of light, the brunette opening his mouth to rebuttal... only to close it shut. Thing Saver was right. Even if he had continued to stand, he was knocked aside so easily because of his fear, his true weakness. He had lost so much, the love of his life more times than he could count, friends... comrades, even the will to live at one point. In all of that, he lost sight of so much, of who he should be. His friends, those he cared about should be put first, his body as a shield. Taking a deep breath and shutting his eyes, he took a moment to compose himself before opening them again.

When he did, he found himself back in Umano, in his right hand was a deck.. one he had on him, but rarely used. Looking at it, the white dragon was looking back, the dragon of light that rested at the center of his soul. These last battles would be fierce, so using anything less but his everything would be suicide. Gripping the deck, he turned towards where everyone was gathered... moving to join them, and stopping not far from his sister.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Listening to the speech of our leader. The final battle was near. This war was almost over. It was as if our happiness was the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone's future was finally in our own hands and everyone was ready. Ready to fight the final battle.. all of the pain, suffering, and sorrow leading to this.

Despite not doing much in the last fight. Neo was ready.. although the pain in his shoulder was too much for him right now. He had to keep the cast on and couldn't take it off for any reason at all. So his options right now were to either stay on the sidelines or do everything with 1 Arm and Hand. Neo wasn't one to be on the sidelines, especially for a battle like this. So he prepared.. One arm and all.. for the final battle. And no matter how great the pain, this was no time to give up. It was time to fight for the final time!
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Humanity began to stand bravely in lines, saluting to their commander. "Like Darren said... for Earth, Cray, and everyone on both, let's finish what was started." A captain spoke to many soldiers around him, and some shouted courageously while others nodded approvingly. Nemesis noticed the Resistance beginning to gather in front of their leader, despite the named heroes not doing as asked yet. So, turning to Raiden, she spoke: "You don't have to be a warrior, even those who stay behind can be heroes for cheering and guiding from the backlines." The android noted, turning to face her partner for the end of the era - Karin. Her "wielder", as her persona as a sword demanded. Her imperial wrath would be unleashed without limit in this final battle, beginning to walk away from the detective and the child of potential's best friend. Detached blades spreading like wings as the nameless grunts opened themselves from formation to make a path for the strongest woman in the world. And her image showcased her being surrounded by the Paladins of the United Sanctuary, crossing the red carpet to reach the throne of King of Knights, Light Origin Seeker, Alfred the XIVth and the spirit of the late Princess of Cray.

"I'm going."

All of those iconic warriors and the navy blue haired specter nodded affirmatively. Though their voices could not reach Nemesis or the Ahmes behind her any longer, they didn't need to. Their feelings were more than enough - louder than words could ever be.

"Friends, fighters, soldiers, Heroes--" Yukino Espoir spoke to every being left fighting this war, turning to face them with Karin at her back. Glancing to the friends she's made, the brothers in Seifer and Darren, the invisible souls of those erased still lingering in the hearts of man- "This is the end, once and for all." She spoke in an absolute, starry eyes born of Hana's power gleaming brilliantly.

"A cave, seems rather roomy.
Somewhere in a forest.
One moment...

There's a restaurant somewhere nearby.
This forest is within the city.
Yes...

I know where the Reaper HQ is."

Nemesis began to levitate, eventually moving about to fly.

"Follow me!"

"Let's do it, you bastards!!" Several nameless heroes hollered, and humanity roared as the Chosen Sword began to fly away in sight, heading to the ending Hana's sight had granted.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:19 pm

"Everyone, on Nemesis! We'll follow her straight to the Reapers! The order is given!!" Karin barked out, donning her Overlord armor. Drawing both her blades and unfurling her wings, she took to the skies, soaring to the front of the Resistance. She would lead them from here, ensuring they kept pace as they began their march to their final battle.

Karin stretched her thoughts to the back of her mind again, reaching out to her heart- and her still-sleeping self. "Your nightmare will end soon, too..." She thought to herself, feeling the cold, black seed that remained embedded in her flame-wreathed heart.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:25 pm

"No words, just actions..." That was the last thing Raiden said as he walked the opposite way of Yukino. They were going towards the final battle, a battle he wouldn't be taking part in.

Darren slammed his fist to his hand as he was more than ready to end all of this. If he was lucky, he could settle the score with Trinity... even though he beat her twice so there wasn't much to settle. More likely, though, he would be using all of his power to take on the two Reaper Gods. That was all that was left. Once they were gone he could have fun and test himself in Vanguard again without the baggage of the world coming to an end.

His aura flared with the power of the Seed within him as Daiyusha and Daikaiser both appeared. "Anyone who wants to get there in a hurry, come with me!" he called out as the Dimensional Robos were offering faster travel to the end game. Once everyone going his way was on board the two giant machines, they would fly off after Yukino.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Watching Yukino and the others take off for the Reaper HQ, Neo used his power to summon Blitzkrieg. He decided to fly with everyone else rather then rush there with Darren.

"No need to rush, rushing in will only be our downfall" Neo said

NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Jellal still in the shadows, soaking in Karin's speech. The words cut deep like a hot knife on butter. Hmmm... butter. Jellal was impressed that he felt a sense of motivation.

"Final Battle huh..." he said calmly to himself. "Haven't heard that line in a while." Something about it, excited him. Throughout Vanguard's history, Jellal has always stood on the front lines of any final confrontation. First with Yukino, the second against Neu despite that he lost but we don't count those. "Hmm.." Blaster Dark couldn't help but notice Jellal having a mix of emotions, although hidden, but in a serious deep thought.

"What's on your mind? You are helping them right?"

"Of course I am. I was just thinking... how many more final battles would I get to participate in?"

"I don't... get your question..." Blaster Dark said puzzled looking at his master.

"This has been the third 'final battle', unless I missed one. But... I wonder how much longer will we need to keep doing these final battles. Every time we resolve one, there's always another. Seems like an endless struggle. I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm grateful to be able to participate in yet another final battle but..., is this really the final battle?"

Blaster Dark tried to search for an answer to give Jellal, however...
"That's the thing. We'll always have to keep struggling past many obstacles throughout our lives just as our friends are. This is the final battle of this struggle, but... who's to say there'll be another struggle?"

"So, we're doomed to keep fighting without an end?" Blaster Dark's silent was taken as an agreement. "I suppose that's the nature of our worlds, huh. We fight for our right to live in the future, just as she said. If that's our fate, our future, I'll accept it and continue the fight." But still... "There must be someway to end conflict, don't you think?"

"We won't know unless we overcome this battle."

"I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pull a Neu here and do something contradictory. After this battle, there should be something that I, no, we can do. Within each conflict there's sadness, pain, sacrifices, and more negativity."

"Are you sure?" Jellal looked up at Blaster Dark meeting his gaze. "You're right, but isn't there something else you can gain from conflict?"

"I....'m.. not sure I can answer that." Blaster Dark turned and walked out of the shadows that they were hiding in.

"Aren't there these things called bonds, strength, hope, and friendship that is also obtained from fighting?" Jellal had forgotten. The reason he has so many friends is from fighting alongside them and occasionally fighting against them, or fighting for them. That gave him and others the strength to hope towards the future. "You also fight to protect those things and the future. I understand what you were asking of, a method of protecting those things without fighting but not all fighting is breeds negative aspects, Jellal Kisaragi." Jellal slowly stepped out of the shadow, making himself aware towards everyone. "Who knows? Maybe your friends can help you in your quest."

"It's weird though. I love to fight more than anything, however, we've actually lost a lot in these fights, even forcing me to the point of despair. That's why, I want this to truly be the 'final battle', Blaster Dark." The dark knight nodded at his master's words. However, Jellal realized in order to explore this idea, this dream, he'd need to participate in this battle.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Okuri had spent the preparation time alone. It was strange to reflect on the sensation of being alone. Though he had not long been with the Resistance it felt like the war had been going on for ages. And in that time he'd always been surrounded by friends and allies. But for years prior he'd been alone, an impartial observer of world events. How had he gone on before not interacting and building friendships? It seemed so strange now to not have someone by his side whether a unit from cray or a human friend. He no longer had a desire to be alone.

Soon the rally call came from Nemesis. Okuri found himself hesitant to follow her but knew the resistance needed to stand united. The masses moved out to follow the former weapon of the Reapers to the current base of the Reapers. Okuri ran back to the infirmary intending to pay Carlos a quick final visit before departing. He was let through to see his friend without much resistance or question. As he approached he stood up on his hind legs, resting his front paws on the bedside to get a better look at his friend. Carlos seemed to still be sleeping peacefully. The spirit thought for a moment to leave him there to rest. To let him recover and wake up to a world bright with a future in view. Or at the least to spare him the danger of losing his existence at the hands of the Reapers.

"You'd never forgive me if I did that though would you Carlos?" he said aloud to himself. With his nose he started nudging the man, hoping to wake him. "Carlos. Carlos wake up, we're moving out. This is going to be the final battle. You don't want to miss this." he said as he attempted to stir him.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Fubuki had been a bit surprised by Nemesis returning the hug, especially after the speech. She remained standing next to her until it was time to move out, and followed... As fast as she could. She didn't hop on one of Darren's robots, instead bringing out Tetra-Burst and climbing onto its shoulder to follow.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:25 pm

He didn't know how, but suddenly Carlos was in what could be described as his most desired place right now. "Huh? W-Where am I?". The place was a generic but elegant restaurant with an amazing view to the unique and unparalleled Eiffel Tower ("France!? How and when did I get here!?"), enjoying an expensive but already paid dinner ("How the hell do I know that specific detail about the food!?"), accompanied by a familiar beautiful blonde woman ("Wait... Isn't that Fuki!? My God... She looks gorgeous!"), without any kind of worries about intergalactic wars, giant squids or worse, the costs of bread and hard candy ("Good times, being honest"). It took him some time, but he finally managed to connect the dots. "Wait a minute... I'm in a date!" He thought. "Eat your heart out, brother! Who's dating cardboard girlfriends now! Enjoy your imaginary classes in your imaginary law school!".

Everything was good for just a single moment. A moment that he desired could last forever. But suddenly, the young man started to notice something strange about the customers on other tables. "Hey... I think I've seen them somewhere". All of them had familiar faces. He saw Seifer enjoying tea with Rosalia ("Hey, long time no see those two"), Kachidoki and Solis eating while Okuri ordered more to the waiter ("That waiter doesn't know he's serving a dog"), Koga and Chris just laughing and pointing at him ("Hey, now that's rude"), Haruka and Hika- Yuki- The previous boss enjoying some good-looking desserts as Sera distracted them to steal them ("Classic Sera"), Cero eating alone ("Hah, how fitting")... Then he saw, in the far corner of the place a table without food nor decorations. It was occupied by four people - Jessie, Bashiro, Aoi and... Arturo. "W-What the..." He muttered. The young fighter began to feel uneasiness, as if something was wrong. "I shouldn't be here..." He said to the woman while slowly getting up from his chair. "I shouldn't. This is wrong... This is all wrong. I should be somewhere else, fighting". He was ready to leave the place, but his date resorted to an infallible method to calm him down.

"Please, stay" She said as she touched his hand.

"... Yeah, alright" The young man sat down immediately. Human contact from the right person was and will always be his only true weakness. "W-Well, I g-guess I c-could fin-finish the food be-before I leave" He stuttered. "Lets see what did I ord-" He stopped, as he noticed that his plate was filled with miniature versions of all the Reapers he had fought. "... -der. I didn't order exotic squids, did I?" He said as he raised his eyes, only to see from the window that a giant fist was approaching. He immediately recognized the body part as one of the arms of Catherine the Nightmare Doll. "Oh shit! We have to go!". He grabbed the hand of the woman, but she didn't move from her seat. It didn't matter how much force he applied to pull her, the blonde didn't budge even a little. With sharp precision, the woman proceeded to grab the arm of the young man with such unnatural force that he thought it was going to break if she continued squeezing it. "W-What are you doing!? We have to leave this place now!". He tried, but her strength was too much for him to move her. Before the giant fist, now bigger than before, crushed the restaurant, he saw with horror that the face of his date was slowly changing to that... Of a Deletor.

----------

That's when he finally woke up. Sweating enormously, he noticed that his friend Okuri was at his side and waiting for him. "Hey Okuri... Eh, did I miss something?". The spirit tried to wake him up before but it was to no avail given that he was completely immersed in his strange dream. "Huh, sorry about that. I was having a... Pretty weird dream. But now I'm 100% good to go again at those stupid squids and save the galaxy from the forces of evil!" He joked, letting his friend now that he was fine. "Now, tell me the news. What happened?". As the canine explained the current situation, the young man couldn't help but marvel at the extremely good work the medical personnel did on him. "Wow, I feel like if nothing happened to me at all! That's some good effort they put in patching me up" He thought. Putting on a jacket, the young man rushed with the spirit to where the Resistance was located in order to follow them to their final destination. But he couldn't shake the strange feeling the nightmare left on him. "I hope that dream doesn't mean anything. It looked prophetic and all". In the end, the young fighter decided to suppress his fears and continue his way to the Reapers HQ.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Aoi was gone. It was kinda hard to believe that happy, energetic, carefree gumball was gone. Deleted. Even though she was going to disappear just like Mirai due to their tragic fate as a Seed, maybe getting deleted was better since she went down fighting than just waiting for time to run out. Noel was still in disbelief that it happened. Yet another comrade lost to the Reapers which only hope to bring back is winning this nightmare of a war. However, would Aoi truly be saved though? If she is saved, would she then suffer the fate of disappearing regardless? Mirai pondered at the thought, it would be cruel to bring her back just so that the gumball be overwhelm by sorrow of disappearing anyway.

Both present and future Kusanagi girls met up back at HQ, resting and trying to let the events that unfolded to sink in. The Resistance won the mental war against Harbinger. Humanity is no longer afraid, Aoi's sacrifice brought hope to everyone that cannot be broken by the Reapers. She wasn't really gone, no. Aoi is now within everyone's heart, fueling their resolve to win against the Reapers. For now, this moment of rest is just brief. There is war to finish and win. Everyone began making their final preparations. Everyone knew that this would be the point of no return. The Kusanagi girls were aware of that too, they can feel it in the air. "This is it... the fate of the world, our future is about to be determined in the next fights to come... well... your future at least..." Mirai said as she looked at her deck, Light Saver Dragon glowing a faint light blue. Aoi had given her hope and courage to fight on, even if the future isn't hers to have, Mirai will fight to protect it with even more conviction.

"Yeah... we can't turn back now. We came too far to give in to anything they may throw at us. We have friends waiting on us to rescue. I have no future without them by my side and for anyone else. Things won't be the same without them so we have to see this through the end!" Noel told her future self. Yes, there is no future without their fallen friends. Salome is waiting. I swear I will save you... even if I have to go to the deepest parts of hell to do so...

Both girls were resolved to fight. Now the orders were given towards one of their final destinations, the headquarters of the Reapers. The beginning of the end is about to begin. Their brief moment to rest and regain strength is over. Self-reflection will now have to wait after the war. "It's not just my future, we will find a way to prevent you from disappearing... so until we find a way or at least a way to prolong the inevitable, let's fight on..." Noel told Mirai as she got up and began to make her way with the others to the Reaper HQ.

"Noel...." Mirai then stayed silent and brushed away her negative thoughts and nodded in agreement to Noel's words. It's time to end things.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulcecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:26 am

Neo with Noel on his back riding on Blitzkrieg finally made it to HQ. It was the only place Neo deemed safe for now. Blitzkriegs spirit went back into his card and Neo carried Noel inside and took her to the infirmary so the doctors could make sure she was alright.

"Could you please take care of Noel please?" Neo asked the doctor

"Sure we can! We will exam her right away!" The Doctor said

Neo then walked off toward his room but as soon as he got there..

'Blahhhhhhhhhh" *Cough* *Cough* "

His stomach was turning left and right and his emotions were all out of control right now with Seifer's death and Hyperdeath causing chaos out there. Neo hoped and prayed that everyone else got away safely.. He had hope... no matter how little of it he had..
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Xat appered at the Hideout and qucikly fell to her knees not use to using so much power at once. SHe felt useless and hit the ground with her fist with tears falling down. "Why is this happing why did they have to die?" She said softly as she let out a pained cry feeling hurt flow though her body at the loss even though she was not close to them she still cared for them. Her units appearead and gently placed there hands on her shoulder, giving her comfert. She still couldn't beleve that this might be the end, and at this point did not know if others still lived or they stayed in fight.

Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43