Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 12 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Bashiro gave a breath of relief, glad that Haruka wasn't about to chew him out or kill him. He thought, as her boyfriend, either he'd kill him, or Yukino would get wind of it and kill him. Unlike the crazy snow lady, this guy was much more chill. The brawler was able to relax knowing this. A nervous chuckle still came out of his mouth, slowly turning into a more natural one. The guy even wanted to share a drink with him to tell of war stories. Best not let him know Bashiro isn't all that good at Vanguard, just fighting in general. "Good enough" is what Haruka called him, and that's probably the best the thug could hope for as praise for his... brutish attire. "I wanna hear some stories about Aqua Force, hear what results you got out of being a 'worthy' able body." Being treated as grunt was fine, he wasn't into any high or important positions, but he was curious as to what made this fighter valuable as a defender of the planet... and kind of wanted juicy stories about their relationship to gossip over. So hearing about how he was worthy of dating Yukino was going to be a delight.

No guilty pleasure like gossiping about your boss.

Bashiro quietly snickered to himself. Oh man, this is going to be great.

That laughing came to a halt when Haruka called him pretty cool. That's something Jessie himself hasn't said for years about his personality. The man was touched.

He's a good guy goon.

"... Heh, alright. I gotta make sure to throw my life into the wind to make sure there's no more you-shaped holes on anything though. So you stay alive and safe, I stay alive and safe."

Win-win. This friendship would be alright.

--------------------------------

"Tell my bro to stop getting drunk and help me with this list if you see him!" Jessie called out to Sakuya, waving as he watched her leave. Now came the difficult part of explaining this... Okuri. At this point, he's not even sure what to categorize him as. Honestly, he had no plan. This may go terribly as he doesn't have Bashiro who is an excellent liar and Yukino who has the word of God for this army. He... was just a kid. Gulping anxiously, scratching his head, then looking around - just stalling for time, the boy finally began walking forward with Okuri behind him.

Multiple people were already curiously staring at them.

Just... keep... walking... Jessie mentally pushed himself through this, trying to ignore everything except the coming medical bay building. He almost forgot he was supposed to be making sure Okuri was following him okay. A quick glance down and backward made sure, then he opened the door.

"Start explaining", one of the guards of the militia's many clinics ordered the younger grunt, holding a rather... absurdly long rifle. It almost looked like Cray technology Jessie had seen on cards. This army is actually more terrifying than he gave them credit for, and regretted jumping into this mess of a war without thinking about it. ... Even still, like his older brother, he's a good kid at heart. Meaning that he'd have to trek through it for Okuri.

"T-This is my dog!" He sputtered out. "He's injured, can you-"

"Ah? You think this is your everyday vet, punk? And even if it was, that doesn't like an ordinary animal to me."

"... H-He's a big dog."

That's the exact plan he did not want to go with.

"... You a wise guy, kid?" The soldier asked.

"N-No sir."

"I SAID", the man shouted, causing Jessie to literally jump with fear. "YOU A WISE GUY, KID?!"

"N-No sir!!"

"Then tell me what the hell that thing is!!"

"He's a friend of mine and he's hurt, sir! I just want him to get his leg treated!!"

"And why shouldn't I just blast that thing's head off because it could be with Link Joker?!"

"Y-You just have to trust me sir!"

"And why the hell should I do that!"

"I don't know sir, just please, trust me and help!"

It was all Jessie could do, just yelling earnestly in response to this army man's loud interrogation, which involved putting the gun toward Okuri after mentioning killing him. As if he could, anyway. Or, maybe he could. How do spirits work here? Regardless, the gunman stared the boy dead in the eye, instilling fear, testing to see if he would give in and turn tail, running far away from Umano. Yet, Jessie held a firm stance, praying to whatever God got them this far to get them over this too. After a few seconds of the poor lad whimpering, the soldier gave in first, believing in his tenacity.

"Alright, fine. But any funny business, and... you know."

Jessie's eyes lit up.

"T-Thank you sir!"

One of the doctors who were greatly knowledgeable in the supernatural came over with the soldier's good word to inspect and heal.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:42 pm

Turns out Jessie's a really good kid. He seemed about as nervous as Okuri had ever seen anyone been yet on he went, helping him out despite hardly knowing him. All around were people staring at the large animal moving through their base of operations. Yet Jessie just kept walking ahead, hardly even looking back. It wasn't hard to keep up of course even with three of four legs operational. But their greatest trial awaited as they approached the med bay.

The guard was either very angry or took his job very seriously. Okuri couldn't entirely tell which one was more accurate. It quickly devolved into a shouting match with the guard intimidating Jessie and Jessie doing all he could to simply stay in the competition. Okuri half expected him to give up and run away several times but he persevered through. Okuri was doing his best to not look like he was following the conversation which proved difficult when the guard mentioned shooting him and aimed the gun at him and everything. It really got him thinking staring down that barrel. He could get injured yes but he'd never exactly been killed before. Every so often his life cycle sort of half restarted itself simply from natural causes. He'd often thought if it was even possible for him to die and if getting killed was the means to do it. While lost in those thoughts eventually the guard moved aside for them to pass. As they moved through Okuri looked back briefly and nearly made eye contact with the man, and quickly turned back around.

Soon a doctor came to them and quickly began inspecting Okuri's leg. They quickly diagnosed the dislocation and saw nothing out of the ordinary, just a regular canine like bone structure. Easy enough to fix, pretty darn painful but easy. The rest of the proceedings were Okuri's turn to be embarrassed, fitting punishment for what he put Jessie through perhaps. The doctor not knowing any better spoke to him like some sort of pet dog, throwing in good boys as he would perform various tasks.

Eventually Okuri was set down on his side and two or so people handled relocating his leg. For the few moments they were moving it Okuri was in excruciating pain and the whole of the med bay, maybe even the slums in general, heard him howl and bark. The others on hand to help hold him down tried to calm him but only the sudden relief of pain managed to do anything for that. It felt remarkably better and sure enough he was able to put weight on it again. Amazing what humans knew sometimes.

But it wasn't over for him yet. Fate must have decided he'd been just a little too mean to Jessie as the doctors wanted to properly clean the various cuts and scrapes he'd picked up in the midst of the battlefield with Scorpion. But he was pretty dirty in general so the doctor sent some nurses and other less medically skilled staff to give him a proper bath and disinfect the cuts. Okuri knew he was dirty but he handled his own hygiene rather well on most occasions. To be given a bath by humans, hands rubbing soap all over him and water being sprayed everyone on him, it was all he could do to resist shaking up a storm and leaving the facility. But he resisted the urge and the great embarrassment of being rubbed and cleaned in certain areas. Very thorough work these humans did.

Eventually with his leg mostly good as new, some general immunizations the doctor felt he needed, another shot for any left over pain, and a bath, Okuri and Jessie made their way out of the med bay. The boy probably happy to be alive, the animal feeling disgraced and almost even violated.

"... I suppose I deserved all that." he muttered softly to Jessie as they exited the premises. "Thank you for the help though."
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Jessie had waited for a long time with the soldier that screamed at him. Turns out, the guy was a nice fellow, just... angry and took his job seriously. Both of what many would suspect. He occasionally assured the boy everything would be fine, and spoke of how he had a dog himself named Zappy. Honestly, Jessie wasn't really interested, but it passed the time. ... Until loud howling was hear to the point where Bashiro in the barracks sat up and wondered what in God's name was happening. Jessie and the soldier were quiet after that and both kind of worried.

After so long, Okuri finally came out, looking brand new and squeaky clean for... some reason? Jessie didn't bother questioning it. With a breath of relief, the boy was joyous he made it out alive, and just as happy Okuri made it out alive. He's never doing this again without boss lady or big bro around, or Aoi at least. She wasn't blood and had no authority, but her peppy spirit did things to people.

The spirit didn't seem all too happy though.

"Uh... your welcome, but what did you deserve? What did they do?"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:08 pm

"The Aqua Force came about... in a strange way. I didn't use to play Aqua Force actually, I commanded the Dragon Empire. Like, a lot of it. Alongside Dragonic Overlord. You know, Apocalyptic Flames and all that. Leave nothing behind, yadda yadda yadda..."

He rolled in bed, thinking about it.

"It was only a few months did Aqua Force come to me. Overlord had left me... and I left him. A legendary being approached me... Last Card, Revonn. The final being to exist.

He told me I had some destiny involving the Aqua Force. Three months later, two new units of the Aqua Force that nobody had ever heard of showed up to me, calling me their Vanguard. I asked 'Who are you?' and they said, I kid you not, 'We're your mates, captain.' Needless to say, the relationship improved rather quickly between me and the force... Wanna hear a story about me and Yukino? I feel like you'd be more interested in something funny then business-related after all."

Haruka smiled, with a really great story in mind.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:37 pm

"You probably heard the setting the leg back into place." Okuri started very aware of just how loud he had been during the procedure. "But then the doctor decided I needed shots. Every time I see you humans get injected it's in your arm but he stuck the needles right in my hind quarters. And to top things he off he had me bathed so whatever cuts I had could get a proper cleaning. They scrubbed me everywhere. And I mean everywhere." Okuri said. It was sort of clear he was referring to some very embarrassing scrubbing, aside from the three tails he very much had a normal canine anatomy.

"All while treating me as some pet. Not to mention it just had me remembering the last time I let a human bathe me. She d-..." he cut himself off coughing a little bit. "Well we don't need to go into that. Fitting punishment for putting you through so much though to say the least. I hope the guard was kind enough to you while you waited." Okuri finished. Once again outside he trotted around at a bit of a jog to be sure his leg was working fine and it held up perfectly.

"I wish I could do something more than simply vocally thank you. Perhaps I could buy you something? Money's not an issue so anything you'd like." he said as he returned closer to Jessies side to try and keep things looking normal. As normal as they could anyway.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Carlos walked around, hoping to find a familiar face. It was strange for him to be that nervous around new people, given that up until now he has been surrounded by, well, strangers. Of course, except for people like Aoi, Bashiro, Jessie, and others. Maybe it had something to do with the contusion. Those things can mess you up pretty bad.

Too much thoughts in his head made him unable to see where he was going. The clash with anyone who was walking around the place was imminent. This time, the winner of the raffle was a black-haired young boy who happened to be there. He was... Clearly too young to be a soldier of the Resistance. But again, he thought the same about Jessie the first time he saw him. "Oh, sorry!" He apologized. "I didn't see you. Are you ok?" He then helped him up.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:04 am

After Aeden had left Haruto simply started to wander around HQ as well as ponder about all that has happened thus far, he still beats himself up pretty badly for what has become of Seifer and Xat-

"Ow" was Haruto's response as someone bumped into him by accident.

Haruto looked up and saw a person he had not seen before at HQ, "I'm fine no worries." he said, as he rose up and regained his composure. "I have not seen you around here before who are you?" he asked, as he examined the face of the person who just crashed into him, thankfully the crash was not serious.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:07 am

Bashiro heard of yet another Overlord player. Well, rather, another Kagero player. First the old man in the mountains, then the Karin chick, and now his new drinking buddy. What's with people and fiery dragons? ... Asked the thug with fistfighting thunder dragons. The transition sounds like a story in itself, and turns out it was. Aqua Force came to him first, and then something about... a legendary being that was the last being. You know, if it wasn't for seeing gigantic monsters erase things from existence several times and helping fight them, this would have went completely over his head. But he did see and fight them, so it didn't. It was then the brawler realized his life went from your average super-strength wielding bum to the supernatural born from a card game. That was a terrifying revelation.

"Destiny... huh." Bashiro muttered to himself, listening to Haruka still, but pondering the word. It was normally a cliche, but are the events this boy already went through and the new ones this man got sucked into under the definition?

Then he got up at "We're your mates, captain", right after laying back down too.

"... Did you tell them that phrase is-"

No, never mind.

"Well... I was hoping to hear some interesting bits of the boss lady and her more... vulnerable persona. But I like listening to your story here."

He's at least acting like he doesn't want it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessie blinked, and came to realize life as a dog with any sort of pride... must be extremely challenging. All he wanted to do was get that leg fixed, but Okuri told him it turned into your everyday visit to the vet. Honestly, he was surprised it sounded like the spirit's body was actually built like your average canine's, save for the extra tails... and a magic-looking sash. The entity was going to bring up a story about a woman, but his boyish mind was probably not ready to hear it if it had anything to do with... washing him "everywhere". Plus, he got enough stories about random floozies from his brother.

At least he was doing okay.

"You don't have to get me anything, the vocal thanks is enough. Unlike my brother and some of the women he... gifts drinks, I don't need money to know you appreciate it."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:13 am

"Nah, I'll tell you it."

Haruka got comfortable.

"Lemme tell you the story of when we, me and Yukino first met. Yukino was a bit different then. Get this. Imagine me, her, and another guy all watching the Japanese Vanguard tournament online. She's cheering her sister on, knocks one of us out, that one of us is the other guy. So I carry him in, but its summer, its hot out, we're all sweating and its gross."

Haruka is smiling, having this vivid memory of the first time that kind of attraction was ever felt. He tilted his head to look at Bashiro. Gotta be a good story-teller.

"We get inside, and I pop the top buttons of my shirt off, just to cool off a little. I catch her staring across the room sitting in a chair, while our friend is unconscious on the couch after we treated him with water and a towel. Her face is bright red. Like, Christmas green and red? That kinda red. So, me being as naive as I am..."

He trails off, laughing a bit, now sitting up, getting into the story. Haruka even starts using hand gestures to kind of explain the situation better.

"I press my head against her forehead, thinking she was like, sick? And she gives out this girlish yelp, and it was probably the most adorable thing she had done ever since I met her. That was probably what tipped me off she was attracted to people. Because she was a total ice queen before this. Guess you could say she melted, here."

He is now on the edge of the bed, really into the story. Haruka is on fire, ready to explain the best part. His almost untimely death.

"So the house is shaking, and at first I think it's my heartbeat because I had never been so close to her before. That's when it hit me. Almost. Her father I mean. Almost hit me. Like, really hard. Except we got saved, and by we I mean the friend I was with, when Yukino's little sister, Hana---"

Haruka's mood dampened a little. She was no longer around after all, and the things he had done with Hana actually caused a lot of tension with Yukino in the first place. This story was light-hearted to Bashiro, but held a lot of dark sentiment to Haruka, some good, some not so much.

"She came down, and found a way to calm down the Pops, right? We just barely managed to survive unharmed. We even spent the night in the guest room with Yukino. Played some Vanguard and stuff... I remember as me and her were passing out, since our friend was down for the count anyways, I had apologized for what had happened earlier. The face thing. Didn't want her to get the wrong idea. Guess what?

She said she didn't mind it."

Haruka clapped his hands, metaphorically closing the story in between his hands.

"That's how this whole thing started between me and her anyways."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 am

"Oh, I'm Carlos" He answered the young boy. "You haven't seen me around? It's kinda understandable. I mean, I'm new to this whole "Cray is real" thing. Not that there's a problem with it...".

"Huh, now that I think about it, I haven't seen you around before too" Carlos added. "But again, this place has a lot of people. Wait... Weren't you in the last Reaper attack?" He asked the young boy, remembering seeing him from afar the last time he fought the invaders.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:37 am

This guy sure had a lot to say, but then again given what just happened and this nature it was not much of a surprise, this type is well known. For now Haruto had to understand more about this person.

"Oh, I see, well you get used to it eventually but yea I was part of the reaper event." he answered back, the fact that this person was already inquiring about the reaper event did make haruto slightly suspicious.

"Hey if you don't mind, i'd like to have a cardfight, there is something I want to confirm." he said, taking out his deck.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:46 am

Jessie didn't want anything which was odd. He seemed rather young now that Okuri bothered to think about it. Most younger humans could usually list off a dozen or so things they wanted to you. Something that happened in the winter encouraged them to keep such lists up to date. But Jessie had nothing in mind. Perhaps he was slacking in his duties in terms of maintaining that list.

"Well, if you say so. I need to get out of sight and get my illusion going again quickly before too many people start bugging you about what I am." he started as he found a nearby building to duck over to to do so. Back to hiding it was as the image of the white haired man resumed once more to replace Okuri's real form. Though Jesse simply saw him dash over then walk calmly back out from behind it, still very much a dog like thing.

"No sense hiding what am I from you. I'd ask you to not tell anyone about me to facilitate my time here in the resistance but then I've been doing a very poor job about keeping that a secret of late myself. Regardless, keep it 'on the down low' if you could." he said, stumbling through the slang a little awkwardly not unlike a middle aged man.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:00 am

"Huh?" Huh. In other circumstances, Carlos would've jumped of joy at being challenged to a cardfight by a stranger. But, given the current situation, the only response he could mutter was... Huh. "Don't take me wrong, I love cardfights like anybody else. But... Huh?"

Carlos was thinking it too much. The last time he played the game, it was a matter of life and death. And I bet it's pretty obvious what losing means at this point. "You know what? Whatever, let's do it. I've been itching for a normal match anyways" He said. "But... I wonder what's so important that he has to confirm it right now? And with a cardfight, no less. I hope it's nothing really serious".

Placing his deck in a nearby table, he prepared his starter Vanguard. "Are you ready? You still haven't told me your name".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 am

Bashiro got himself up and back on the edge of the bed, exciting to hear what dirt he could get on the ice queen of a leader he had. Making jokes behind her back with the other soldiers was mean, but goddamn if it wasn't going to be the most fun activity. Haruka told him of the way their relationship began to kick off with... her knocking someone out. He can't say he didn't expect it. Anyway, when he heard about what happened when they got inside, the thug was genuinely surprised. Holy shit this guy was good. He just comes into a girl's house, unbuttons a bit, and then gets face-to-face with her under the premise that he's hot in the summer and she might be sick? Damn, Bashiro's taking notes.

Then he said Yukino let out a girlish yelp.

... She's physically capable of that?

Sitting in disbelief, it all crumbled down when Haruka talked about how he nearly died thanks to the presence of a rich, powerhouse monster of a dad. The thug was now thankful he didn't actually try anything with her... yet. Well, this guy was her boyfriend! He can't do anything... in front of him anyway.

"She had a sister?" He asked, a bit confused, but his mood visibly dropped upon mentioning her. Better to just let it go. "Damn man, you're good. You go in there taking a hell of a risk and come out with the girl regardless. That's better than most dates I've had."

And he's had plenty.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A drop of sweat came down Jessie's head when Okuri tried to use some form of hip, teenaged lingo. He didn't even use it himself or know how old the spirit was, yet it still made the boy cringe just to hear it. Old people should not be trying this. Putting a smile back on his face, "I'm glad your leg is better and you're trusting me", was given to Okuri. The youth was happy to know he was rewarded to helping someone in need, even if it started with rudely waking them up out of curiosity. Knowing that he'd always see this true form was kind of exciting and made him feel special.

It was nice.

"I won't tell a soul."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 am

"At the time, I didn't think about it. You know what you said about wanting a pretty girl? In some ways, that was the mindset. It wasn't, "Oh, she's really rich," or, "Wow, she has a lot of influence," it was, "This girl is really something else, mind and body."

Haruka for once didn't sound like an absolute fiend when it came to women. Not that he intentionally was. It just sort of happened. If Bashiro knew the stories Haruka has had...

"You'll learn too, no worries pal. Every girl is like a story, you like some more than others. But none of them are finished. You have to pick one and go with it, finish it 'til the end. After all, the ending is one of the best parts, right?"

Haruka laid back, attempting to relax. The night before flashed in his head, causing slight blush and discomfort all around in his head. He didn't particularly want incriminating thoughts flooding in his head when talking to a member of the Resistance.

"As for her sister, yes. But she's not around anymore." Haruka left it at that.

Oh wait.

"I also dated her. But we don't talk about that."

Haruka returned to story-time.

"How about I tell you when I first got my courage. Wanna hear?"
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:33 am

Okuri smiled as Jessie agreed to keep his little secret for him. It was nice getting to meet more of the people here. Each one was a fascinating story all their own. And so far he hadn't met someone he didn't overall like. An interesting bunch to come together to fight for the world.

"I should probably get you back to your brother... wait a minute you're young enough shouldn't your parents be looking after you? Bashiro's one thing but I thought parents usually held on to their children a little longer than..." he started. He was attempting to gauged Jessie's age and it wasn't going over well. "Anyway, I should get you back to whoever it is that looks after you. I don't know much of Bashiro past his strength, I wonder where he might be right now." he finished deciding to drop that line of thought instead.

"Though for that matter what brought you two here? You in particular seem awfully young to be joining this fight." he questioned.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:02 am

Haruto was curious and quite frankly suspicious of this person, the way he approached Haruto (literally bumping into him) and then his main points of mention are the reaper event were a bit strange. Nevertheless it was just overexaggeration on Haruto's part, which he confirmed from the intense power this man had.

"That's game." said Haruto as he took the 6th damage. "Thank you for the impressive fight Carlos, I'm glad we were able to have it, anyway I need to leave for now, I appreciate the fight and I look forward to meeting you again." he said, as he took off.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Bashiro smirked, his arms folded as he talked about how a similar mindset to his own led him to Yukino. A fellow who could enjoy the pull of the female body, it's like he found the Jessie he always wanted - the comrade, the kinsman of romance. This was less about gossiping about the boss, and more about just relating to another guy. He gave some wise words about women, not stay "there's a lot of fish in the sea", but instead calling them all their own individual stories. ... Yet... "I'unno about the ending being the best part." The thug replied, having multiple negative views of an "ending". Could be a bad breakup, a worse divorce, ... or death.

The sister was apparently gone, and Haruka said no more, except the part where he also dated her.

"Wait, what?" Bashiro questioned, not even hearing his friend mention another story.

--------------------------------------------------

"We don't have parents", Jessie noted somberly, but with an attempt to act as if he's gotten over it. "That asshole is my parent, and he's a reaaaaally bad one if you hadn't noticed", the boy chuckled as he told how his brother was supposed to be his fatherly figure. All that scumbag did was drink, hunt for someone's butt, and not pay anyone back for buying him drinks. The worst influence imaginable. "He's probably still at a bar or tried to crawl in a bed somewhere."

Then Okuri asked what Jessie himself wasn't actually sure of. Why were they in the Resistance? Well, rather, why was he in it? He's way too young and knows little about actual wars beyond turf wars.

"I just followed my brother. We're a duo, so he's pretty useless without me. He wanted to help people, so I did too."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:20 pm

"I dated Yukino's sister. At the same time I was dating her. Berate me if you will, it wasn't for the reason you think."

Haruka blinked, realizing that it probably didn't matter what he said about the situation. He was permanently labeled the bad guy among his peers due to his rather awful choices in the past few months. The only thing he's managed to keep a leash on is his true wishes, to protect those he cares about. Even though he's been getting protected more than protecting.

Haruka sighed, looking at Bashiro. He felt a sudden level of possessiveness come over him. As if he knew that despite the situation happening so long ago, he doesn't want Yukino to feel like he's just toying with her. It isn't like that, and it never has been.

"Hey, Bashiro... I need to tell you something."

He breathed in, prepared to give some sort of lecture on love and mystery and romance. But then something entirely else came out of his mouth.

"I know you're a cool guy, so it doesn't really matter but.... if you lay a hand on Yukino, you leave me with no choice but to have you killed. Nothing personal."

It was completely personal.

He sniffed the dusty air of the slum air inside the crappy room they had decided were now 'quarters.'

"But you're a cool guy. So I have nothing to fear." He smiled, eyes dulling a bit.

"As for the ending, I know for sure it isn't the best. The best part is learning the story. Reading it word for word, and in between the lines and all that. It feels good seeing your name on the next page, too."

Maybe Haruka's metaphor was getting too convoluted for Bashiro, but it was sincerity driving everything he was saying. A new kind of engine was running Haruka. A mix of understanding, a promise, and the will to protect. That was it.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:27 pm

"Berate you? Hell, I envy you", Bashiro viewed him in the exact opposite manner anyone else would about someone dating sisters. Being the sleazebag he was, all the brawler believed was Haruka is a good player. There were tips to be picked up here, and this boy gave the thug hope of being able to pick up every girl he saw until he'd find his perfect blonde wife. Yes... if this guy here still lives after dating a violent queen and her younger sister, there was a bright future beyond the Reapers. He believed in it.

Then Haruka got serious and threatened to kill him if he laid a hand on Yukino. Great, they're both ready to kill anyone for even touching their significant other. Bashiro sweat nervously, but assured Haruka with these words: "You don't have to worry about that buddy", which was a lie given how thirsty the thug was. "Your girlfriend's a bit of a twig anyway."

Okay, maybe he didn't need that part, but he thought he could get away with it seeing as Haruka let him off the hook for calling Yukino a lunatic.

"That metaphor is making less and less sense, man." Bashiro noted how convoluted the saynig was getting. The brawler understood the point he was trying to make, at least.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:56 pm

To hear that one's parents had passed away always saddened Okuri. Though his own memories of her were faint he knew his mother at least had been there for him when he was very young and couldn't imagine not having had her around at all. Jessie was quite young and attached to his brother because Bashiro was all he had. Okuri got closer to Jessie, brushing his side up against Jessie's leg, not something he did often.

"I'm sure your brother cares as much for you as you do for him. That said I think I'd like to help keep an eye on you myself. You're going to be a fine man one day Jessie and I don't intend to let the Reapers take that future away from you. I won't try to stop you from taking part in this fight but I'll be watching your back. If ever you need anything don't hesitate to come to me" he said with a happiness he hadn't experienced in some time. Caring for the young always brought a certain joy with it. His tails casually brushed up against the back of Jessie's head as he stood by his side. Eventually he walked forward a few steps towards the main parts of the base.

"Well Bashiro's in there somewhere, best get looking." Okuri said as he began walking toward the barracks. If anything it'd be a chance to meet more of the resistance.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:01 pm

"Oi! She might be crazy, but that's part of the fun. Don't gotta go insulting her weight though, just because her frame is a bit smaller. She's perfect the way she is, ya numbskull."

Haruka displayed an annoyed face, then it quickly dissipated into a chuckle. While has genuinely defending her in the end, Haruka was bad at being aggressive. Unless you actually did touch her. Your hand would be gone in an instant, and not even Haruka himself could tell you where it went.

"Speaking of women, who are you looking of going after? There is no way you've been listening to me ramble on about Yukino and you have no word yourself on the subject. C'mon, spit it out. Not like it matters since honesty is the only policy when you're drunk so I'd get it out of you eventually."

He messed with a watch on his wrist that he sort of forgot he had on from the date. Oh right, Haruka never went home after the date to get changed or anything. He was still in a dress shirt and slacks. If the situation wasn't a tad awkward before, it kind of was for him now.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Bashiro couldn't help but grin like an idiot seeing his new buddy snap over him insulting the commander's figure. Fine, fine, he'll just call her that with the other grunts of the Resistance. It was cute, getting his new drinking buddy all riled up for a second, only to see it drop into the two of them chuckling. "Alright, alright", the brawler laughed, not wanting to try pushing any more of his buttons... yet. Messing with the boss' boyfriend was going to be another fun activity for the boys of Umano. "Ah, the woman I'm looking for..." Bashiro leaned back, thinking deeply about it. The only women he knew had boyfriends in these parts, already dated him, are crazy, or Aoi. ... Aoi fits in the crazy department, but she was as close to the dream figure he always wanted, just not the same hair color. ... Unfortunately, there was this little seven year difference between them, and the prodigy having a child's mindset.

Searching for your dream girl was a rough road, that's what his long, depressing sigh told.

"No names in particular. There's this one crazy chick who uses Aqua Force like you, but she's too young for me. I want a nice, kind, pampering blonde cutie with some nice assets. You get me?" Bashiro described the crazy Aoi, then remembered Haruka actually knew her because, as he knew before, Aoi never shut up about him. Then, he talked about the wife of his dreams. A fine hussy who had no qualms with this sleazebag whatsoever, and in fact, rewarded him for being who he was: a thuggish asshole. Seeing as he could be honest with Haruka here, he didn't stop himself from mentioning that he's kind of shallow, looking more in a woman's body along with a personality that treated him like a king.

---------------------------------------

While Jessie was glad Okuri was willing to look out for him, he's going to have to get used to this thing with the three tails. ... And, you know, the part about some dog spirit trying to be like a father-figure. Then again, he was already more responsible than Bashiro in the few days he's known him compared to being with his brother for most of his life. That was amazing, yes. Was the boy surprised? Not even. Still, he was glad to feel what the others in this militia feel. Knowing someone had your back in the middle of Hell was a calming, refreshing thought. He was a bit scared he was growing up too fast, learning about this companionship.

Jessie nodded, following Okuri to the barracks.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Was he talking about Aoi for a second there?

Haruka just looked away with a rather awkward smile pasted on his face. Not that he was trying to do or say anything shady, but he definitely wanted to avoid the topic now. Memories are too fresh, still. The word 'Master' forever rings in his head.

"So, blonde, makes the cut in all areas, so to speak."

He clasped his hands together, thinking hard. Haruka was in fact, determined to help Bashiro. If only to ensure he would lay off of Yukino or so help Poseidon shit was going down. But he was also sort of interested to know what kind of woman fit Bashiro's description. He tilted his head, blinking, remembering the waitress from the time he, Yukino, Seifer and... Rose, had all gone to dinner. More painful thoughts. Just can't avoid 'em these days.

"I think I might know... someone? Uh, don't quote me on that, actually. She's a stalker last I remember..."

Haruka shook his head clear of all those thoughts. Setting his shoulders back and leaning on the palms of his hands, he took a serious thought about a few things. The first was helping his new friend here find the dream woman. The second was fixing the shit about to go down with Blue Storm and Seekers, or more straight-forwardly put, Haruka and Yukino. Third, how he was going to bring back everyone from the Reaper's. Bashiro was apparently willing to give up his life to watch people not be sad anymore and that was a start.

"We'll find you a girl in no time, Bashiro. Once these Deletors are dealt with, of course."

Assuming they ever could be dealt with. This was the modest truth Haruka wanted to believe, but was still unsure of in the end.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Okuri wandered about the barracks some, looking for Bashiro. Though he'd never tell anyone he did have a pretty good nose and relied on it a lot. He knew how to track scents pretty well and despite not having been around Bashiro much he was quick in finding him. From a ways off he seemed engaged in conversation with someone.

"Well your brother's off over there." Okuri began speaking to Jessie. "I should probably go find somewhere a little more secretive than last time to go resume napping myself." he said. Hopefully somewhere he didn't get poked awake. But then if being abruptly awoken led to making the acquaintances of people like Jessie he didn't mind too terribly.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Jessie, til next we meet." he said with a slight bow if one could call it that, as he turned the other way to go. Last thing he needed was to go to sleep here with his illusion up for people only for it to drop as he fell unconscious.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next