Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 30 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

"...Maybe settle down. Start a family. Who knows." it was the first words he spoke after a rather long silence. And it was rather sudden. Obviously just the first thing that popped into his mind for the moment. Rather straightforward as well, and... possibly a bit awkward. It was evident now that Seifer didn't have his usual demeanor or filter.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Well, starting a family was always an option. The pinkette wouldn't lie though; the idea startled her at first. Yet, as she continued thinking about it, perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea? They may be relatively young to be considering parenthood, but everyone probably felt twelve years older after fighting the Reaper, and there was still more to go through. Actually, that would be a future she wouldn't mind.

Rosalia could picture a nice little house, and while their friends were nearby and in great condition, there was a little kid running around outside. Yeah, she liked that thought...

"Heh.. We can try. I'm sure you would be an amazing father~" she giggled softly. Even if Seifer wasn't feeling the greatest right now, she wondered if perhaps having a kid was actually in their future. "I know we would probably love either, but.. would you rather a boy or a girl?" What? This wasn't an abnormal conversation for a committed couple. Don't be weird about it.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:03 pm

She actually went along with it. But then again, he half expected her to. Didn't know why. In any case the question made the brunette think. "I actually don't know. . . . Maybe a girl?" he spoke after several long moments of silence. What? He didn't know if he wanted a daughter or a son. The idea that he could be a great father though, he didn't know if that was remotely true or not for... various reasons.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 pm

"Hum... I'd love either one, but I think a girl would be adorable because we can go dress shopping every day~" Of course she would be one for shopping. Who could blame her? "I would think a boy might be more active, but who knows? Boy or girl, however, she would have one heck of a family... Noel and Yukino as aunts alone would probably drive the poor kid nuts..." That was a nice thought though; a kid could bring everyone together. It was a future she was looking forward to, and smiled as she looked up at the sky. "Think he or she will like Vanguard as much as we do? We can't really force a kid to like card games."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:13 am

At the question, the brunette went silent again, looking back up at the sky. While this whole thing was nice, just talking about things they probably shouldn't in the place they were in. Let alone, what they just had to deal with. All of this, this invasion, the Deletors. They were turning humanity themselves into monsters. Shutting his eyes halfway, Seifer let out a long breath that he'd apparently been holding. To him right now, Vanguard was in itself, the focus of his stress. And he was afraid of any offspring of his getting wrapped up in the things he'd had to deal with.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:02 pm

xat stopped working and sighed before looking at the workers. She felt really bad thst her clan attacked them and how innocents were almost cought in the crossfire. She then picked up her bag and walked to the entrance to the hidout not to sure were to go. Her villaged sounded good but shook her head not ready to go back yet. She got a text and smiled her friend riko was comming to stay with her as the villagers all left the village to live normal lives. So with that she headed to the train station to go pick him up.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Noel finally woke up after the chaos that loomed right after the tournament ended. She wonders if the Resistance managed to finish off the Reaper or if she had personally done that after the passed out. Seeing how the Jewel Knight is in a bed within the medical ward at the base, its only safe to assume that they won. "Ugh... my head hurts a little still... I should probably take it easy for the next few days..."

She sat on her bed and held her head with one hand and reaching for her phone with the other. "We won right...? Just making sure if we did or not..." After typing that on her phone, Noel sent it to Seifer who would most likely know the outcome of everything.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulcecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Rosalia's smile faded ever so slightly as the brunette male didn't quite answer. Then again, the sigh in itself could be his answer. She knew just as well as he that Vanguard has been the cause of it all, but to imagine the world without Vanguard is just.. impossible. She missed the mall they used to go to, and she hasn't even spoken to her parents in ages. Did they forget about her? Oh, well, she did get a new phone, and a new number... The pinkette frowned to herself, knowing that it wouldn't be good for her to check up on them until after this mess was over with the invasion. If anything, maybe they would have seen her fight in the tournament recently? Mooncrest really isn't a common last name...

She sighed, then shrugged. No need to get down right now. They just won against one of the Reapers! This was a time for celebration, or at least relaxation. Not to mention Rosalia now had to think about her newly discovered power. Whereas people like Yukino and Noel could summon a unit's weapon freely, the Angel Feather user could do just what her deck could: heal. In all honesty, she had no idea how she did it. Just... she could see this light from her deck, and she summoned said light/energy/whatever the heck it was, and it healed the wounds and exhaustion of others... Well, there was no sitting on the sidelines from now on; Rosalia was going to play the supporting role for the battles to come.

"One day, everything will be normal again, however normal our lives can be with Vanguard. No Reapers, no invading aliens... We can live happily, all of us together..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:54 pm

The flying jetpack queen descended onto Resistance HQ's district. All the men outside greeted the commander as the armament vanished. She'd have to get back home to Haruka soon, but for now, reports need to be cleared up and made. There was a bit of... fear from the soldiers looking into the red eyes of transcendence, but they knew her raw hatred of Link Joker would chew them out more if they didn't listen and cowered away. No, if they were still here, that meant they were ready to fight, and no chickening out was allowed in the war with Reapers. However, the queen began telling those who didn't participate in Chronicle's Eve's preliminaries and didn't have a good excuse to leave their Reality Bangles in a box. They done - fired. If they won't even join in a simple competitive sport to restore faith in the masses, in an attempt to clear civil unrest, then they wouldn't join the most pressing of battles against Harbinger and Sovereign.

Humans needed to know their place, but if the Resistance assumed that place was away from everything, they had no place here.

"Has anyone seen Haruto and Seifer?" Exculpate inquired of her disciple and younger brother.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:14 pm

The sound of something... What was that sound exactly? In any case, the brunette tilted his head for a moment, hearing the sound fade away. Wait a minute... he recognized it, though it was further away than last time. Standing up, the brunette started walking in the direction the sound came from... seeing Yukino'd returned. Wait where was she all this time?

"Seifer and this pink haired g-"

"You're back. Hey there, have fun with the celebrations?" the brunette rudely interrupted one of the members who attempted to give a report on at least Seifer. The look in Seifer's eyes though weren't normal. He wasn't his normal self, or at least so it seemed.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Rosalia perked up immediately when Seifer seemed to hear something. What was he listening to? She tried to listen in as well, but whatever that noise was, she couldn't recognize it to be Yukino's jetpack. Shrugging, the pinkette followed her fiancé to where Yukino was, smiling widely at her future sister-in-law. "Hiyo, Yukino-oneesama!~" she said brightly, rocking back and forth on her heels. Rosalia at least seemed happy at her sister's return, even though she did glance at Seifer. He didn't seem well, or at least still a bit down. She hoped that their conversation earlier would have at least done something to help him feel better, but oh well... Everyone would feel better once this war was over. "So, what'cha up to, Oneesama?"
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:22 pm

"There's one", another soldier spoke as one of the two people the general was looking for appeared. Getting back to work, they left the siblings alone with one another, as to not disturb them and preferably just not get on Yukino's nerves. The enlightened queen gazed upon her younger brother, noticing the oddity in his eyes immediately. A happy light named Rosalia appeared as a swift distraction from the possible issue though, just being cheery enough to get the queen to... barely smile. She was pissed and was getting back to work, but her younger sister did please her by just being there.

"I came back to cut out dead weight who don't plan on fighting. Then, I'm almost making sure everyone's working even after our success against Chimera. That was one Reaper, not all of them." Yukino answered Rosalia's question with honesty of working everyone hard after their parties. The war was still on, and they still had no answer to Harbinger. "I had... fun, I suppose. It's good to see you both, but Seifer, what's wrong?"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:38 pm

When asked what was wrong, the brunette didn't reply. At least immediately, a grim look crossing his face. Even with Rosalia there at his side, he didn't seem to thrilled. His eyes remained rather absent as he sighed, scratching the side of his head looking away. "I'll be fine, I always am." he avoided the issue of how he was feeling for once instead of saying exactly what he was feeling. But he didn't just leave it at that.

"We lost quite a few people because that blue haired bitch was still alive." a foul word spoken by someone who had yet to utter one about another being. "I honestly don't know why you didn't just kill her off after you got what you needed. ...She may be a human like us, but she's no less a monster like the Reapers themselves. But then again, I'm not enlightened." his speech was starting to sound all to familiar. He was in favor of honestly killing another human being to...
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Somehow.. Someway.. Neo made it back to the slums after partying. He probably danced the whole way home knowing him and how much he partied hard. He made his way down the stairs and into the deepest of the slums. Neo noticed Yukino, Seifer and Rosalia talking and gave them a wave hello
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

The pinkette's bright demeanor started to fade when Seifer and Yukino spoke. Truth be told, Rosalia wasn't even sure if she should be around. Maybe they needed to talk privately?... After all, Seifer was clearly not alright, and she couldn't seem to do anything to help. But for him to talk about killing someone...

She lowered her gaze, and rather than latching onto her fiancé's arm like always, she hugged herself instead. Of course they were in a war, and people were going to die, but the thought still never sat right with the younger female. These Reapers were monsters, so attacking them didn't mean much. Attacking Drones (which is what she assumed this "blue haired bitch" was), however, was a different story. They were just people that.. could be saved, right?... Or not?... Rosalia frowned. What did she know about the Drones and Reapers? She barely even understood her new deck. "S-should I leave you two alone for a bit?... I can just.. go find the medical bay and see if I'm needed..."

And at that exact moment, Neo waved from down the hall. Rosalia glanced up when she had heard footsteps, and waved in return. Maybe if she wasn't needed as a medic, she could just hang out with Neo while Yukino and Seifer talked.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:02 pm

"... Ah, so that's what everyone keeps telling me about blood on the walls." Yukino confirmed the incident involving several murdered soldiers from an assault of Chris locking them, then Sophie killing them. The Chosen Sword was already entirely intent on executing that little blue nuisance, no longer seeing value, and still being a revenge-thirsting psychopath. "I'm not disagreeing with you on her being as much of a monster as them. However, anyone we can take from the Reapers is an information dump. The plan was the prod her for more information later, but our forces all leaped with Chimera's sighting and Harbinger's move, and they used that chance." Exculpate explained her reason for not immediately killing: interrogate anyone possible on gathering knowledge of the Reapers. More importantly, find someone who might finally know Harbinger's weakness. With the desire to destroy the armored titan in mind, Sophie was to be kept prisoner if they hadn't made the mistake of leaving behind scarce forces in the Resistance to watch her. They all should have at least expected Chris, but it is an err she'll have to live with. More blood on her hands, people dying for her cause like the Reaper overlord keeps taunting.

Exculpate didn't bother letting out her disdain, but her fury was obvious. She turned to wave at Neo, trying to look less angry, but that just wasn't happening.

"You don't need to leave", she spoke to Rosalia. "However, Seifer, I know you well enough to know you're not always fine. You're my brother, you can't be."

Look, trying to not worry people about her problems was one thing. But this boy who was influenced by her trying it and being in the same war made it more than clear to the enlightened blaster: if she's never fine, he's never fine.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:12 pm

It was sound reasoning. It made sense that things just happened as they did. But the loss of comrades didn't sting any less from hearing it. Sighing however at the rather easy way she just saw through him, he turned to Rosalia first. "You don't have to leave. And to be quite honest... I'd rather you be around. ...As much as I'm trying to hide it, she's right. ...I guess I'm really not alright..." the brunette turned back to his older sister after waving at Neo. He didn't even attempt to hide his misery anymore.

"Well, I guess I'm glad you can see it at the very least. But you're right..." he caved since he knew he was caught. There wasn't a reason to try and deny it, to hide it any longer. "I feel useless. Weak." the male looked down at the open palm of his right hand, just looking tired now.

"I can't protect anyone anymore it seems. I lost Nouvelle Vague to Harbinger, allowed a Drone to beat me in the tournament, which caused more issues for you all. Even though we won. ...I can't even remember the last time I actually had the strength to stand beside you all." he closed his hand into a tight fist shutting his eyes. "I don't have the same abilities as anyone else here. I'm not strong enough. ...Just like against Neu, just like against Glendios..." he was always the first one to fall in those fights no matter how hard he tried. "Nothing I do ever seems to work. No matter how strong I seem to get, I get left behind."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Neo had walked into the conversation seeing Yukino and Rosalia wave back and after hearing what Seifer said, Neo seemed to be triggered by some of Seifer's words:

"I feel Useless

Im weak

Then after Neo heard Neu's name he stepped in full on well knowing he probably had no business doing so, but did it anyway.

"Your wrong" He said to Seifer

"Look.. I know im probably the last person who should be saying anything but you arent weak or useless. All of these wars and all of this fighting has taken its toll on all of us physical and mentally. Look at me.. After Tsubasa un-reversed me, I just walked away and left.. and I know full well I shouldnt have. I should have stayed with you guys and fight and because of it my best friend is dead. I dont have any damn special powers. I dont have any talents. So if there is anyone who should feel the way your feeling its me.." Neo said has his voice started cracking up letting his emotions out.

"Even after coming back.. I have already suffered so much of an emotional toll, but you know damn what Seifer!?" Neo said as he showed him his new ace: Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster

"As long as you fight.. As long as you believe and as long you never give up.. You will always have a chance.. And I honestly think I dont deserve one.. but I was given it anyway... and I dont plan on wasting it... And neither should you!" Neo said wiping his tears
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Rosalia at least didn't feel as bad when she was told she didn't have to leave. She would have been worried anyways about what the two were talking about. Still, it didn't make her feel any better when she heard how Seifer really felt. Well, hey, she wasn't strong either. She was a medic, not a fighter, though she did beat a Drone in the tournament, even if it was because of luck...

Then Neo started on his own rant, inserting himself into the conversation with emotions packed behind every word. And through all of this, the pinkette was simply... lost. She hadn't heard of "Neu" for the longest time, and honestly didn't remember anything about said.. person?... She knew nothing about what happened with Glendios. Tsubasa, of course, was a name she recognized, and a friend they all missed...

"Neo..." Rosalia sighed. Just what could she say that would help the situation? Shaking her head, the female turned her gaze to her lover instead, entwining her fingers with his. "I won't lie. I have no idea what to say. I wasn't.. well, around for most of what happened. I don't know what happened in the past, so all I can do is press forward to a future that I want to fight for. But I'm not a fighter, so I don't.. I really don't know what it means to be strong.."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 pm

"The Reapers are insanely strong, I'd be surprised if people weren't having doubts about themselves and their own ability by now", Yukino opened after hearing Seifer's lament over his believed powerlessness. Losing Nouvelle, a God Dragon was a devastating blow to Cray's morale. The very sight of these destroyers killing a deity was enough to drive fear into the hearts of men like knives. Seifer was taken out round one in the tournament, so he definitely can't feel good about that either. ... Then Neu, who Yukino most certainly didn't want to think about, and Glendios... Neo stepped up, joining the conversation by telling Seifer he's wrong. He suffered after running from cowering away in the Star-vader invasion, but was still given a "chance" by revealing the evolution of a thunder dragon: the Big Bang Busters.

While it was passionate and full of emotion, the Chosen Sword was a realistic pessimist. She didn't agree with Neo to an extent.

"Failure plagues us like a disease", she stated to her brother. "It's mortifying, as in times like these, we have to build up on it. Someone will tell you every failure is a step closer to victory, but it isn't as pretty as that. No, when we fail, and as we keep falling, we're going to feel worse. Of course we're going to feel powerless - and of course you do. I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you either. I agree with Neo that we simply must keep trying for a bright future where us tripping doesn't mean an onslaught of our loved ones. Instead, channel all the sorrow and rage conjured by mistakes into an attack. Hate and rage are a double edged sword, and one will always come to you about the drawbacks.

But I don't turn a blind-eye to the benefits. Wrath can protect people by eradicating evil. We have to get stronger, and emotions drive us to be stronger."

Bad, bad influence. No, an influence of utter hatred, thirsting for vengeance against the invaders that ruined her life. Not everything is a candy-coated with a "hey, just keep trying!" or "don't lose yourself, this isn't right!". Sophie is a target for just execution, the Reapers cannot be forgiven after annihilating various timelines and leaving everything in existence miserable or terrified. While it was initially temper issues, now the queen felt power from anger. She spoke to her brother by attempting to show more than anything: this was not a light matter simply grazed over or fixed with a speech like an anime or something of the sort. It would never be that, and she would never believe it'd be that. So instead, understand fate's unfair treatment of them, and get upset. Get very upset, and crash into the aliens with power born from distraught.

"Super powers and talent are meaningless in soldiers to me. You simply need the will and cards with the Reality Bangle. I'm going to give you and Haruto extra once I find Haruto."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Seifer listened to the three speak, the feeling of uselessness permeating even more... Neo's bright optimism of emotions remind him of how he used to be, though now... He was more realistic. Though as Yukino spoke he thought, and mused over her words. Bad influence indeed. However, the issue with that is that she wasn't wrong. Hate and rage... The drawbacks were apparent, but the benefits...

In the back of his mind, Seifer could feel it... Could feel him. The Dread Dragon, his past... Almost laughing at him. It was inescapable it seemed. And yet, turning his tired eyes toward his older sister there was a commitment. The desire to harness it. "I'll contact Haruto then." the brunette pulled out his phone, finally noticing a text from his younger sister. He didn't notice, and the idea made him feel worse but he pushed it to the side, choosing to reply to her first.

'We won yeah. Get some rest.' it was a simple message that was sent to Noel.

Flipping through his contacts, he searched for Haruto's name... almost missing it as he was scrolling to fast.

'When you get the chance, return to Umano.' it was simple, and was sent to Haruto.

Putting away his phone, there was one thing he wanted to ask. "...How is she." he was obviously asking about Karin, though neither Neo nor Rosalia would be able to know that.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:07 pm

"... Sovereign has her on a leash", Yukino answered about Karin, irritation still ever-present. "I'll get her back - you watch. I'll rip her away from his cold, dead hands."

The day she kills Sovereign, one of the twin towers of the end, Hell freezes over and she basks in the ice. Yukino's expression was softening, even with such commitment to slaying monsters in tone. She got her point across, hopefully, and didn't want Seifer to linger too long feeling miserable about himself. She did that for years, and barely trusts anyone with her worries as a result. Knowing Haruka before anything Link Joker-related started, it was miraculous he got something out of her, but also depressing over how long it took.

"Thank you all for cleaning up Sophie's... 'mess', by the way. I promise you, those men aren't going to be put to rest in vain."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Neo knew deep down that Yukino and Seifer were in reality and he was trying to do was get them to cheer up. But Neo knew that wasnt possible with everything that was going on. Neo just wanted to feel like he was being helpful towards everyone. He then heard Seifer say "How is she?" But Neo had no idea who he was asking about.

I know not everything is sugar coated, but im here to stay and wont give up this time!

Neo didnt know what to say after that...
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Rosalia fell silent, letting the others speak. After all, she had no words of encouragement to say when the truth was right in front of them. This war was still going on, whether one was optimistic or pessimistic. Though what was this extra practice that Yukino mentioned? Heck, the pinkette could use all the practice she could get, both with her cards and with her weird healing affinity. She would be needed at least as a medic for each of the battles against the Reapers, so even if she didn't fight, she had to master endurance with using her ability. "M-mind if I tag along for help I guess?... If I can help out on the battlefield as a medic, then that's what I'll do. But I'm not really sure how to.. well, practice healing..." Definitely an odd question, and she wasn't even sure if Yukino knew how a healer could train without having injuries to "practice on". That just wasn't right though, to ask someone to get hurt for her own needs.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:24 pm

"Sovereign huh..." he shut his eyes, understanding the situation better than he probably should honestly. Still, when she mentioned the mess, he flashed back for a moment to the mess they returned to. "Even if you don't make sure of that, I will." he was still prepared to kill someone for that himself.

When Rosalia asked to tag a long, he just gave a nod as if saying 'of course, why wouldn't you be coming along.'

As for not trusting people, Yukino might already be to late. He already distrusts Darren for being Malice, and he definitely didn't trust himself... But if Rosalia and Yukino were around, then maybe... Just maybe if he went crazy again, things would be fine...
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next