Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 16 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:06 am

Okuri had kept his eyes on the various screens, simply watching, hoping for the success of his allies and friends. Battles were fought, the news teams weren't able to get good lucks of who all was involved. But one thing was clear as time marched on, nothing was happening to the Reaper. Then something horrible happened, another Reaper appeared. The camera's began losing their signal and the quality overall dropped to almost nothing. Then for a brief moment, the sky in the footage darkened and then all at once the cameras cut out. The feed didn't come back, the various anchors called out to their teams from their studios not getting any response. Okuri's heart sank, something felt wrong.

Not long after rain began to fall, and then pour all at once. Not wanting Jessie to get ill, Okuri managed to find the strength to stand. With a bit of a struggle and help from the sash he managed to get Jessie on his back and made his way back to the barracks. Every part of him wanted to rest but not until he knew something of what was happening. At the first bed he saw Okuri practically fell over, Jessie falling onto his back onto the bed. Not a great landing but it worked. Standing once again he went to shake himself off from the rain that had hit him. As dry as he was going to get, he went back over to Jessie who he adjusted some into a slightly more comfortable position then lied down right beside him on the mattress to continue his watch over the boy.

"Please tell me you made it out of there..." he thought towards his friends who had been fighting the terrifying monsters. He thought he saw what looked like Sera, though it was Haruka, coming into the barracks as well. That certainly didn't look like good news. No cheers outside with more arriving. Just a lone soul that looked ready to drop. He had to know what had happened.

"Sera! What happened out there? Where is everyone?" he called out.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 am

Haruka's eyes opened drearily. The sound of rain outside was getting louder, thudding against the glass windows. He rose up seeing what looked like... a large dog. A really large dog. Haruka swore he was hallucinating for at least a moment. Maybe his exhaustion was getting to him. He reached out his hand, palm facing up. Almost hoping to grasp something.

"Se...ra...?"

He shook his head, trying to respond. Trying to find words. Something to give the voice that spoke to him, back.

"My name is Haruka... That's, Haruka Nakahara, actually."

The outstretched hand stayed out, looking for reality. Maybe to touch the dog? He was really having a hard time deciphering the area around him as his tired mind was overtaking him. He wanted rest, but he wanted to know there was something out there still. Maybe to vent? Maybe to relay the defeat? Maybe...

"Who are you?"

He asked, groggily.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:48 am

"Haruka? But you look just like- nevermind I'll take your word for it. " Okuri began. What it was with humans and having multiple names for themselves he still never understood. Or maybe this was simply a mistake on his part, he was pretty tired after all. Either way this Haruka seemed really out of it. He had his hand out and seemed awfully confused. Come to think of it even if this was a very out of it Sera he hadn't shown his real form to him yet so that was a perhaps understandable response. But something more seemed to be at play than simple fatigue and confusion. Okuri got up from the bed and stood to talk with Haruka however tiring it was for him.

"I am Okuri. I've been with the Resistance for a little while now." and then he touched a paw to Haruka's hand briefly, a sort of attempt at a handshake but mostly just letting the man know what he saw was real. "Hikari had given an order to find a traitor and then not long after the news was covering a new Reaper attack. But all the footage cut out right as the sky in the area seemed to go dark. Were you out there? What happened?" he began asking.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:22 pm

After the encounter at Lake Miseria, Seifer made a trip back to the mansion to grab his old Revenger deck, making sure to get in and out without being seen... And came here... His hands in his pockets as he looked around slowly... eyes half shut. For some reason this place had grown on him. Like home. Walking around, the brunette made sure that everything was okay for the time being... It seemed so, but the air was just depressing... Sighing, the male continued to look around for anyone... the red scarf draped loosely around his shoulders blowing behind him as did the coat tails.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 pm

The handshake continued as usual. Even with a dog.

Also Haruka came to a realization that he was indeed speaking to a rather large dog. This made him a tad uncomfortable because he had no idea why a giant dog that could SPEAK was in the HQ, but then again he's seen significantly stranger things as of recently. He simply nodded, using his free hand to wipe the sleep from his eyes and get his bearings

"So you're also a Resistance member. Ah... I see."

Haruka nodded, connecting a few dots. He does remember seeing Okuri before at the shrine, as he was the one fighting against the Shadow Fighter to protect Jessie. He sat up straighter, feeling a lot of respect for Okuri. It almost made him feel bad for forgetting Okuri in the first place.

"Y-Yeah we found her, Harbinger... We were---"

Haruka felt like he was going to get sick. Memories of that hell were still ringing clearly through his mind. The crushing defeat they faced was more than physical, it sent mental shudders through his body.

"We were unsuccessful. Neither Harbinger, nor Sovereign had taken anything close to casualties. Due to what the commander believes to be armor, we couldn't land a scratch on her. Sovereign was assisting Harbinger roughly half-way through the assault and it only got worse from there..."

Haruka swallowed the sickness in his heart and let it sit in his stomach. He might just go puke it up again when Okuri wasn't looking, as to not get embarrassed by him.

"We all scattered in different directions. N-Nobody died, at least no Resistance members did. But a lot of us were injured and a couple went MIA."

His eyes looked down from Okuri, and back up.

"I'm sorry about what happened at the shrine by the way. How are you feeling? Jessie too?"

While changing the subject wasn't very easy, he wanted good news on some recovery people might be making... although after arriving at the base, it was clear the Nightmare Doll girl put a lot of work into the base getting totally destroyed. Haruka was still a bit shaken up about that.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Yukino carried Haruto back to Umano, being greeted by the militia. And... it wasn't pleasant. Almost immediately, soldiers rushed in the direction of the commander, bombarding her with information and questions. After yesterday's turmoil with Sophie, they had a large number of reports, especially about her capture and the conditions of those harmed in the battle. Then, they kept mentioning some tournament with Chronojet's image on the poster, with greatly surprised her. Some medics took Haruto from the queen, then attacked her questions about her health, considering she simply looked like Hell. Even worse, there was naturally "What the hell do we do now that Harbinger is invincible?!"

"H-Hold on..." The commander tried to calm everyone down, feeling her heart begin to race somewhat as she was assaulted with inquiries. Reports and the sight of Chronojet were one thing, but then...

"What am I supposed to tell my family that I can't do anything?!"

"I remember this Gear Dragon from last year, what are we doing about it?!"

"Commander, you need to watch your health."

"What's wrong with Haruto?"

"Ma'am, we've taken a lot of damage because of the Workeroids! I'm not done with my report yet!"

"When are we questioning the prisoner?"

"I..." Yukino was ridiculously stressed out and being pelted with a large amount of problems and questions made it worse. The queen was beginning to grow dizzy, vision blurring as the thumping and pounding of her heart started to reign dominance over her hearing. Her eyes kept darting around in the crowd, trying to keep focus of who she needed to respond to: the highest priority. Try to work down from there. At least, that was the plan until everything started spinning. Probably not the best time to notice Bashiro was coming in from behind with a large box of fancy alcohol from Cero's "reward".

"Drinks for everybody!" The thug shouted. "Hey boss lady, you want some?"

She was quiet.

"Boss lady?"

Her eyes widened, a loud ringing sound racking at her eardrums. A small bead of sweat... she gripped at her chest and grunted. "Kuu-" She breathed before falling forward onto the ground. In a panic, Bashiro set down the boxes of drinks, and approached the unconscious queen, unable to catch her. "Shit! Alright, everyone back up!" Bashiro shouted, getting the other grunts to back off as he and a doctor crouched down to check on her condition. After a few moments, the strong man lifted up the general, and followed the medic to the infirmary.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ngh..." Jessie turned in his sleep, finally beginning to awake.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Seifer was still wandering around really watching everything before noticing a commotion and... Oh... ...O-Oh... "N-Nee-San?..." he called softly before following in a panic to the infirmary, though kept his distance so that he didn't cause any issues. What had just happened. "Bashiro?..." Seifer called softly, wanting some context on what had just happened. He was worried about his sister. If something happened to her, what was left for him then?
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Oddly Haruka returned the little awkward handshake. Not that he seemed any less out of it. But he did seem to be realizing just what he was looking at. But more importantly Haruka's report was in line with what Okuri had been feeling. Two incredibly powerful reapers had fought them and there was nothing the Resistance could do. But Bashiro had been there. The one who was capable of breaking open Reapers which humanity had thought impossible before. Surely they were just missing something. But if even he couldn't get through Harbinger's armor then, well perhaps it really did require Jessie and Bashiro to be there. There was still that hope. But the idea of sending them up against such a monster didn't sit well with Okuri. At the very least none of the Resistance fighters had died. The Earth seemed to be calming itself as well. For now there was a moment's peace but for how long. Soon Haruka turned to asking about Okuri and Jessie. The fact Haruka recognized him at all only reinforced his thoughts that this was somehow a very out of it Sera.

"I'm fine thank you for asking. That's a whole story in and of itself seeing as I was about dead but it wouldn't make much of any sense to you if I told you. Jessie here," he started looking back to the boy, the events of the day cycled through his mind again. "Jessie should be alright soon enough. The Nightmare Doll user attacked the base. She was simply killing anyone she could. Seifer fought her then vanished after slowing the pace of her assault. Jessie and I stepped up to stop her while you all were out. Jessie fought bravely but wasn't able to win and was knocked out. Then I... handled things with the girl. She's currently our prisoner, Carlos is seeing to securing her. So if ever Hikari or whoever she assigns wishes to interrogate one of the servants of the Reapers that should be simple enough." he said. Just as he finished he heard sounds outside. Stirrings among the base. People were returning. But more importantly Jessie had made a noise. His attention instantly redirected he walked back over to the side of the bed and sat down near him.

"Jessie!" he said eager to at least see his friend alright after everything that had happened in the day.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:20 pm

"The hell was going on?" Bashiro asked Seifer, not really understanding what just happened while doc took a look at Yukino.

"Ugh... I'm so tired maaaaan..." Jessie sat up in bed, nursing his head as he saw Haruka and Okuri. "Hey... What's... up?" Jessie asked, confused about what happened before, during, and after he was asleep. The boy grunted, groaning a bit over how groggy he felt after getting sent flying into the ground by Sophie's Nightmare Dolls after failing to guard one last attack. Remembering when he had seen Sera before, he was lost on if this was Haruka or Sera, which only further gave him a headache over how perplexed he was.

Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 pm

"I-I don't know..." Seifer bit his lower lip, watching his sister's examination, arms crossed in worry. "I-I think she actually had a panic attack or something... With how she's been working, and the stress of everything, being a leader..." he shut his eyes halfway then fully. "I... Think it all finally got to her then. ...I... Nee-San." he sighed before looking at Bashiro with half shut eyes. "...She needs a break. Now more than ever. ...Bashiro will you help me out?"
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:35 pm

Haruka noticed the awakening Jessie, giving a slight wave. Haruka was forcefully waking himself up now, just for appearance's sake. He nodded to him, then back to Okuri.

"Glad your friend is finally waking up."

His somewhat fake smile was plastered on his face, only to not make the scene around here as depressed as it could be. The sound of people outside gave Haruka a slight spook, wondering what people were doing up and about this early. He raised an eyebrow, dismissing it for the time-being. If it really concerned him, there would be notice in the bunker ASAP.

Haruka discarded his dirty, and admittedly bloodied, gloves in to the desk. He would grab them later for cleaning or what not.

"Hi there, Jessie. Remember me? We met here in the bunker last time, my name is Haruka. Bashiro and I were talking when you came in, and then we had to go?"

Haruka was speaking in an almost gentle tone, as to not startle the lad after just waking up and have his condition worsen. As to answer his question, however...

"We're losing the war right now, Jessie. Harbinger is, as far as we can tell..."

He didn't know how to word this, other than.

"Invincible."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:43 pm

"Man... I'm surprised it took this long. She held out, but we all knew it was happening." Bashiro spoke, quietly cursing himself for not contributing to stopping it by simply pulling her out of the fray. Not like she would let anybody. Why the hell was she so hellbent on this anyway? She mentioned her timeline getting destroyed a couple of times, but he didn't understand a single word of it. Then... Seifer asked him to help him out? "Huh? Help you out with what?"

----------------------------------------

"Oh, you are Haruka this time. Man, you should let people know you have a twin or something. Whenever I see you and Sera, I can't tell you guys apart for shit", Jessie swore, slowly gaining some senses as the two greeted him back into the waking world. The lad needed a notice or some sort, at least. Is this what the adult world and the military was like? His head continued to tilt and teeter as he listened to Haruka answer his question of what's up.

What's down, more like.

"... Come again?" He questioned the word invincible.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Now it was Okuri's turn to overreact a little to Jessie waking up. As the boy questioned what was up Okuri energetically licked at and nuzzled his face a bit. He backed off some as Haruka began addressing Jessie and he didn't want to continue to disorient the boy any more than he already appeared to be from waking up. Haruka continued to describe some of what was happening. Describing Harbinger as invincible even. Okuri didn't want to dwell on the idea for long.

"You did it though. We stopped the girl from attacking the base together. I'm very proud of you. We'd have lost more men without you. Are you alright? How are you feeling?" he questioned as Jessie was still waking up. Okuri wasn't entirely sure how to feel. He had been worried and yet also certain he'd be alright the whole time Jessie was out. And Jessie getting hurt had almost led him to killing the nightmare doll girl out of rage. He mostly just wanted to hug the boy some more. Haruka probably needed some of that too. They needed to be able to cling to some small victory in light of what had happened.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:12 pm

"I want to... Do something for her. Something special." his eyes shut half way then fully again. "I want to, try and put a smile back on my sister's face. Try and show her than she can lean on others... So that she doesn't have to go through this again..." he went quiet again before placing a slip of paper in Bashiro's hand with his number on it. In all honesty he didn't remember if he'd given the man his number or not but... "If I'd given you this before I'm sorry. It's been hard to keep up with a lot lately. ...That being said, it'd be best if we can keep in touch." he gave a faint smile before looking at Yukino again.

"She's strong. ...Stronger than anyone I know. ...But like any of us, she's not without her weaknesses and faults. I want to protect her..." he sat there for a moment before looking at Bashiro out of the corner of his eyes. "Not just her, everyone. ...Even if things seem hopeless, I refuse to lose hope. ...I can't lose hope. ..." he shut his eyes again. "To that end I want to become a pillar to everyone." he went from talking about just his sister to everyone but... It showed what Seifer really wanted. He didn't want everyone to succumb to despair like he had. It... Just didn't seem right after everything they've been through.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Haruka watched the little sign of affection that Okuri gave Jessie. They must be really close after all then. Haruka felt a semblance of happiness run through the air. Maybe even in the darkest times, you can still feel a bit of hope. Haruka wasn't having any of that right now, but if others wanted to share it, so be it.

"That's right. Invincible..."

Haruka stood up, pacing in the bunker for a few moments at least. He ran his hand through his damp hair, just fixing it up. After getting it cut, it felt strange with it not hanging down his shoulders or anything anymore.

"We didn't leave a scratch on Harbinger, and not really even a decent one on Sovereign. They're both nearly indestructible, as far as we know."

Haruka placed his hands behind his back, staring out the window behind Jessie. He saw Seifer, Bashiro, and a giant crowd. Though no other recognizable faces were... in sight. The dramatic irony.

Haruka frowned a bit, still not knowledgeable of Yukino's location. After scattering, he had no idea if she was okay. This made his gut twist a bit more.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:51 pm

"We miss you."

Images and voices flashed through Haruto's mind as he lay asleep, he had no idea where he was. He could feel someone carrying him, probably Yukino, but at this point all the events felt like a giant nightmare or a collage of strange events that affected him in each way. When he woke up, he woke up rather calmly in comparison to how he felt yesterday, he looked exhausted but it was probably emotional exhaustion only. He did feel guilty about seeming tired when he could not help the Resistance yesterday...

"...Where's Yukino?" he asked, as he opened his eyes and saw the medics around him.

Once he was told what happened, he immediately jumped out of the bed and ran towards the area where she was being treated. At this point hearing that any wrong had happened to someone he cares about was devastating to him.

He ran through the crowd and stood there watching as his teacher and friend lay there unconscious.

"...Oh Yukino..." he said, kneeling on the wall for support. He stood as closely as possible, hoping that she would wake up, he may have wanted a comforting shoulder to rest on, but not this time. This time he just wanted to know that she is okay and that she is back with them again, he was sure everyone else thought the same way.

"Come back to us please...let us bare the pain that you feel as well, we're in this together you don't have to shoulder it all..." he said, hoping she could hear his words.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:59 pm

"At this point, all I can think she can be happy with is a long vacation with Haruka or to bathe in the blood of our enemies. She's not just a workaholic, she's a freakin' psychopath. I don't wanna give up either, but Jesus..." Bashiro insulted Yukino, trying to set his feelings of her straight. He wasn't wrong, as a number of soldiers agreed with him. Perhaps, to continue fighting crazy powerful monsters, you need a crazy leader? Regardless, the brawler didn't think just throwing the girl a party or getting her a present would work, so he had no idea what Seifer had in store. The man would help still, of course. He took the slip of paper, remembering to add to his contacts.

"She had a panic attack, but she's stabilizing. I'm going to have to ask you all to give the commander some space." The doctor informed the army and ordered everyone to back off with barrages of questions and reports.

Jessie was immediately surprised with Okuri nuzzling up to him and licking him like a normal dog. He never had a pet before, so this was new, but it was very refreshing to have affection like this from a new friend. Again, he couldn't help but pet the spirit, simply happy to see him and have his comfort. "I'm alright, just kind of... sore in a couple places. Still, the big bad is invincible? And that one dude we saw in Hoshiko is too?" He replied to Okuri then questioned Haruka, in some disbelief over such a revelation. So they likely lost when they went to find Harbinger...

"... We'll figure out something!" He immediately shouted in defiance.

A soldier peeked his head into the bunker rooms a bit timidly.

"Uh... Haruka... sir..." He addressed the Aqua Force captain with respect and knew that if he spoke to the boss lady's hubby and the leader of a legendary clan improperly, he'd get destroyed. "The commander uh... had a uh... well... she fainted because of stress... and they wanted me to tell you. B-Bye."

He ran.

He wasn't fit to talk to authority.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:31 pm

"That's right, we only had half of the unstoppable duo there this time. With Jessie back in action we'll get them split open whatever armor they have." Okuri said in response to Jessie's declaration. Jessie was petting him again and it was nice. He wanted to believe in Bashiro and Jessie. He hadn't seen Harbinger or Sovereign first hand so it was perhaps easier for him to still think there was some sort of hope left. Haruka didn't seem as ready to accept such ideas. And Okuri himself knew from what he had felt that the hope he was trying to keep alive was likely foolish. But if Jessie wasn't ready to give up then he'd try to believe.

Soon a soldier entered reporting to Haruka that Hikari had fainted from stress. All around it sounded like everyone needed a lot of rest. He took note of Haruka's gaze and following it out the window, saw what looked like Bashiro and bunch of other members of the resistance. Hikari fainting was likely the cause of the commotion outside. Anything she did had a way of making something of that nature happen.

"Sounds to me like you're rather close to Hikari Haruka. You should go to her. She'll need a good friend at hand when she wakes up." Okuri said turning to Haruka. Hikari's passion and anger when she had described the traitor had made quite the impression on him. Now to find said traitor was an invincible monster could not possibly be leaving her in very good spirits. Turning back to Jessie he continued worrying. "Are you certain we don't need to get you checked over by a doctor? Researcher Fox was able to catch you before you hit too hard but you still got knocked around quite a bit by that attack."
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:44 pm

Haruka enjoyed Jessie's enthusiasm. He sighed with a slight smile on his face. Every soldier that remained hopeful meant that the sliver of hope they had would always exist. If even one person can smile in the face of absolute and imminent adversity... it wasn't over. Haruka frowned, not able to personally believe in that lesson right now. He nodded, glad somebody else could at least feel that way.

"Right, Jessie. Right..."

He tried to agree. Then a soldier came in. While Haruka tried to be inviting as possible, his resting bitch face must've been showing considering the way he simply ran in and ran out without much else other than---

"Wait, what did he just say?"

He looked at Okuri and Jessie.

"She's my fiancée. Sort of."

Haruka waved quickly to Okuri, boding a small farewell as he ran out the door after the soldier who seemingly disappeared. However that didn't stop him from chasing the commotion.

"Y-Yukino?!"

Haruka sprinted across the alley and towards where the giant crowd seemed to be dispersing from. He noticed Bashiro and Seifer off in that direction as well, waving to them, and rushing to the door where she was apparently recovering, or so the people around the area had said. Doctors were stationed out front.

"It's Haruka Nakahara, is Yukino in there?" He looked to each doctor. Blinked.

The icy sensation started showering over the area.

"ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME IN OR WHAT?!"

Yo chill man. She isn't dying or anything. Like, seriously.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm

"Yeah! Yeah..." Jessie was enthusiastic, but then sweating. With Bashiro, he could do anything, he believed. But he also believed the adults were all super powerful monsters that could beat anyone. His childish mind... turned to doubt if said adults that were there talked about an invincible enemy. Hearing the boss pass out from stress didn't help his faith either. "I'm okay though, really!" He responded to Okuri, then watched Haruka storm out.

The message soldier ran out of Umano, God save him.

Bashiro turned to see Haruka. "Hey, yeah, she's in there." He replied, watching others leave as commanded while the doctors stayed in front to keep troublemakers out for the general to rest. They looked at Haruka, internally debating on letting him in, then the world... felt cold. Frozen. Haruka yelled and startled them. Bashiro was taken back, and one of the medics accidentally threw their clipboard up, then fumble about trying to catch it before it and the holder fell onto the ground.

"Relax sir, please! Or I'll be in there on bed next!" The other doctor shouted, gripping at his chest, breathing heavily. "She isn't dying! She just needs rest! You can see her, just don't hurt us!"

They opened the door.

Yukino was asleep, yet it looked like she was fighting against unconsciousness, trying to force herself awake by turning bit by bit, side-to-side.

Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Mostly content that Jessie was okay Okuri turned his attention to the group outside as Haruka departed to go to Hikari. Leaving the boy for just a moment to step outside he quickly found a lot of them were discussing some tournament that had popped up. There seemed to be fliers everywhere. It wouldn't have meant much to Okuri but then he saw one of the fliers. And there it was right in his face, the dragon that had appeared to him while he was unconscious. The look was unmistakable.

Okuri rushed back to Jessie in doors with one of the fliers. He was tired enough that reading human language was proving a bit difficult for him and that had never come easily to him as it was. Handing the paper to the boy he asked, "Jessie the others are talking about this tournament that's being advertised, could you read the flier for me?". While a vanguard tournament in and of itself didn't particularly interest him he had to know why this flier had that dragon on it. Maybe others had seen him or knew about him. Okuri himself sat down on the bed next to him, his legs begging him to rest for a bit.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:29 pm

"Huh?" Jessie was confused upon Okuri's return as he began getting out of bed to go outside. Spirits can't read? Wait, did how did he play van- you know what. The boy took the flyer without asking anything else. A picture of a Gear Dragon was painted on it, and he was surprised the army was interested in a tournament of all things. "Something about 'Chronicle's Eve'." Was read, and another thing about "Celebrating time's coming", he further spoke.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Haruka immediately calmed down once the door opened. He didn't yell very often, because he himself wasn't very fond of screaming. But when Yukino was at stake, and her state of mind was threatened, he was going to be the first to go assist her.

"Sorry about that guys..."

Haruka scratched the back of his head, stepping passed the line of doctors and medics, also nodding to Seifer and Bashiro. He adjusted the collar of his jacket and relaxing his shoulders. His face became pale seeing her expression. Haruka shut the door behind him quietly, taking slow steps over to the bedside. He knelt down, feeling a lot of mixed emotions.

Well, she was finally getting some rest. And she was alive! That was probably the news Haruka needed more than anything right now. His eyes fluttered around the room for a moment, before fixating on the restless woman before him.

He reached a hand out to her, but she seemed to be moving a lot. It was like she was fighting the sleep. Haruka placed a hand on her face, if only to touch her one more time. It was weird to think that any day now she might not be there again. Despite the circumstances, and despite all the hell they, Haruka and Yukino, the Resistance, the world, has been through, despite it all, Haruka was glad to have this moment. To have a moment to stop taking everything he had for granted for a minute. When you're at war and the things you love the most are on the line, it takes a lot to now break down every minute of the day. He knew this all too well now.

"Yukino... I'm... so sorry."

He was questioning if whether or not rejoining the Resistance was really worth it now. Was fighting this battle something that Yukino really wanted of him? What if he was in this bed right now?

Before the Aqua Force commanders could reach Haruka, as they normally do when he's in doubt, he spoke up.

"It's not like I could stop fighting this battle anyways. I can't stop being by your side, even if it kills me in the hell of war."

Lambros was... quite astonished. He wasn't quite high-spirited to fight, but he was adamant about staying with her. Maybe that was the motivator to fight all along. Who needs pride when you have love? Thavas was already blushing a little at the moment happening.

Haruka caressed her face carefully, as to not wake her up. She needed the rest.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:59 pm

Yukino stopped fidgeting in her sleep at Haruka's touch, her mouth even opening for a quiet gasp. Everyone wanted her to rest, no, she can't rest. It isn't allowed. If she's asleep, she's with Haruka or dead. It was his warm touch, like the captain grabbing the commander's hand as if she were about to fall off a cliff. His light in the darkness of the void the Reapers wanted to desperately drag her down into. Screaming ghosts of red and black hollered and screeched for the Chosen Sword.

Lead me out with your light, I have breathed in
The disgusting air of darkness, but I never lose out

Her dream fiance pulled his dream wife from the edge of nothingness.

Yukino's eyes opened slightly and slowly, instinctively reaching for his hand on her cheek. "I'm... sorry... for always..." The Chosen Sword couldn't finish, barely having her vision return. She was so sorry that she was the warrior always needing to protect him and everyone else, yet kept falling down. Kept tripping, kept becoming fatigued, kept getting hungry, kept needing basic human needs that she ignored and fainted due to neglect. An apology for not ending this already and bringing them into a fight they didn't have to be in - bringing Haruka into a fight she didn't have to be in.

They just apologized to one another.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Seifer watched silently for a few moments before sighing and shutting his eye, turning on his heel and walking out... Hands in his pockets. He wasn't needed here. Who was he kidding. It's fine though. As long as she wasn't alone, it didn't really seem to matter. Seifer made his way out of the base... Wanting to be, alone for a little while now.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next