Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 4 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Jello Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Sera snapped awake, nearly falling off of the boxes but instead catching himself dramatically on a lightpost a few feet in front of him. He formed a figure similar to a bridge, as his back slowly started to hurt immensely.

"Hi, Hikari. Good to see you. How can I help you today-?"

Find Haruka she said. Sera started to sweat. How should he put this lightly...

"He almost died in that last attack. Uh. One sec lemme fix this."

Sera thrusted himself off of the boxes, doing a 180 degree spin on the light post and landing gracefully a few feet away from it. He bowed.

"Right. He's uh, not really available at the moment. Whatcha' need him for anyways?"

Sera scratched his nose, backing up to the light post and leaning on it, whilst he took one blow to keep his bangs out of his face. They landed in his face. Curse his air-blowing skills.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 pm

"Ok miss" Said Carlos, looking at the place. "Just... What the hell is this? What was that? What's with them? What's with you? ..." He asked fast. "You know? Just a "What" covers everything". Indeed. "Just tell me clearly what's happening. This isn't a marketing campaign of Vanguard. Those campaign don't destroy buildings to market a product".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 pm

The sound of cracking could be heard when Hikari's head slowly turned to look at Sera. The MOUNTAIN of things to say to him made Mount Everest look small. More than that, the fact that he was alive, right under her nose, brought in by Haruka of all people was plenty in itself. The woman was cut off by Raiden's explanation and Carlos' inquiries, however, along with questions from the residents. An annoyed growl was given, she'll answer them first, then address that little asshole.

"Wait, Xat can communicate with Cray?" She began. That was... surprising. Yukino didn't know that girl had a connection like that. "I'm going to need you to ask for a more specific topic when asking me 'what'." She turned, replying to Carlos. "These 'Reapers' are cosmic horrors that exist far beyond the Star-vaders of three months' past in Link Joker. These abominations are here to kill us, not play games with us. Vanguard is just a toy in their eyes, not even giving it a second thought. If they do, it's only to try and further us into some sort of deeper despair, as they're cunning and malicious. My name is Hikari, and I'm the commander of the Resistance fighting against Link Joker - fighting against them."

That about summed up a couple things.

"How do these bangle things work?" Bashiro stepped up and asked himself, holding his up that he took off.

"I'm the only person here who has seen Reapers before", Yukino started, not even seeing Sera as a "person". Her hate for him was still pretty strong and nasty after so long. "As such, I was the only person who'd be able to look at them. I modified these Reality Bangles to do two things: one, allow normal people to summon units in dire circumstances. Two, to send brainwaves akin to mine to be able to comprehend the Reapers. As long as you get used to them, you won't need the Bangle for the second part after awhile."

"Back up honey, did you say 'get used to them'? As in there's more of those things?"

"... Yes." Don't call her honey, Bashiro.

"You more there's more of the thing we barely scratched?! You fuckin' serious?!"

"... Yes."

"Aaaah... Shit. I just wanted to get a drink with the boys man..." Bashiro groaned, running a hand anxiously through his hair. He was but a simple man who wanted a simple life, and he was met with horrorterrors dropping down and annihilating the next bar. This, like Stride, was way over his head. Even more, this lady had a whole militia force here to deal with a clan of Vanguard? Isn't it just a game? It's just a game right? Why the hell isn't it a game?! The man sweat more, gripping his head with another hand, and visibly panicked a little.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Xat walked into the slums and looked around surpised that a place like this exsisted as silver wolf spoke up. "You know thanks to your spirit animal we can communicate better however i don't think its a good idea to mention our plan. After all the fewer who know then the more chances no one can stop us." He said to her as xat came to the group she looked at the people assimbled only reconize 2 of them. "So i was told that i need to come here?" She said wondering why they called her here.

Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Raiden looked at the Reality Bangle. He hadn't gotten one himself yet, not that he could use it much. He wondered if Xateramusa needed one as well. Likely not. Her spiritual powers were impressive. He'd have to tell Yukino about that soon. What about Noel and Seifer? Did they need these? Seemed unlikely. Of course, he could only base this on the Spiritual Awareness level of people based on his own findings. All he knew was that his was second to non existent.

"If we can fight them through Vanguard, even if it is with these devices, then it still means we have a chance," he said to her. "I had a theory related to these... Reapers... I am not sure how it holds, but it seems they are trying to target Fighters in particular. It is likely they want to cut this world's connection to Cray by deleting Cardfighting from the world. As I said, that is only a theory. If it is true, it might mean they wish to attack both Earth and Cray and wish for them not to join together as they have in the past. From what you've told me over these three months, human interaction can make drastic changes to the Balance of Power within Cray."

Raiden heard Xat, turning to her as he said, "Ah, that's right. Yukino... Hikari now I suppose, wanted to speak to you about your spiritual abilities and their connection to Cray."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Xat looked at Raiden and debated on what to say, however she looked at hikari then she held up her bangel. "so these things can do more then stride then?" She asked hikari.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Back away slowly. You're faster than them. But are you smarter than them? Probably not.

Sera blinked, as he returned to his throne of boxes, listening intently on the conversation between the three going on right now. He was actually more than interested in learning new information to relay back to Haruka in the meantime.

Man it's cold outside. Should've worn Haruka's jacket.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:14 pm

After thinking about it for some minutes, Carlos talked. "Huh. I see. And I can see that you have your hands full with this too. So... Do you need any help?" He asked. "I still don't understand what's happening (and I'm sorry I'm that slow) but something tells me that this is going to las- Wait. Sera, is that you?" Asked Carlos, finally noticing him. "Long time no see!".

Last edited by Nova Major on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:32 pm

"Xat, I need your connection to Cray explained to me", the commander requested. Words of reunion after three months could come later. "Also, they don't even Stride. ... The power to transcend is gone."

Hikari had a theory as to why, and was already dreading it.

"Raiden, your theory isn't too far off the mark. However, that's not their overall target. They're not even worried about our connection. They simply know it's important to us, and as such, want us to suffer by... erasing it. They're... not afraid of anything we do and they may never be. Them deleting our units isn't targeting Vanguard, it's simply hitting Earth and Cray at the same time." Yukino confirmed parts of Raiden's theory while explaining her own experience backing her beliefs. The reapers knew no fear, and cardfighting is minuscule in the grand design the Deletors want to make disappear. Targeting fighters is exactly what they'd do, but only to make them want to stop living before deleting them entirely. The way the Chosen Sword spoke of them as monsters left a number of soldiers contemplating how hopeless the situation was if even their commander had nothing but... informative praise. Basically, she's saying they're gods, and isn't even trying to lower them from that plane. Though, his next words caught her off guard. "Spiritual... powers I have?"

Were the powers of the Meister "spiritual"? The woman actually never thought about that.

"I need every hand I can get that's willing", the woman responded to Carlos while thinking about it. "Also, Xat, I'll need that Reality Bangle. It's useless now, and you need the modified one."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Xat handed over her bangil. "Its really easy for me. No one knows this but the way i communicate to my units on cray is through a spirit animal. I have one that guides me to and from cray. None know this but while i was raised as an Assassin i was also raised as a Shaman. Shamans are connected to the spirit world and uses different verity of finding answers." She explained with a shrug.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:41 pm

"Uh, Hi Carlos. Don't pay any attention to me, haha... Seriously. Don't."

Sera looked off in the direction out of the slums. Not that he was leaving, but looking anywhere else meant looking into the slums and that was just a bad time for Sera. He wanted candy.

He pulled out a small stick of cinnamon gum and started chewing, blowing a few bubbles here and there as he fiddled around with his cards a bit more. Just learning the gist of what they did.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Raiden sighed lightly and said, "An enemy that chooses to make us despair for no other reason than to see us suffer. That would mean its appearance was simply to thin our ranks and test our resolve." Raiden thought about this for a moment, something with the power to delete things and leave them as nothing, taking everything, even identity from someone so they had nothing left but existence, then taking that as well.

"It might be different... if he were still here..." Raiden said lightly. "From what I heard, Darren was someone who didn't falter. The only time he didn't fight was when he was told not to. Perhaps the force that has him now is connected to the Deletors as well..." It was a theory, Raiden's detective mind trying to connect everything even if they were not connected at all. Looking at many small images never bred as much result as seeing a big picture.

"Its possible that we can defeat these Deletors simply by denying them what they wish. If we continue to fight, they will never win... of course, they would likely be willing to fight forever if allowed. I don't consider them to be cunning from what I have heard. Their reasoning is shallow and without an end goal. Its practically instinct, feeding off of despair in order to gain strength. I also cannot help but think Xateramusa's unique abilities can assist with research. Through them, even someone like me who has no Spiritual ability was able to communicate with a spirit."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 am

"A... Spirit Animal? A shaman? Cray isn't a Spirit World, so I need you to elaborate", Hikari spoke to Xat, then turned to Raiden.

"Kraken didn't do anything other than destroy part of a town and thin our numbers. We could barely scratch him, so he could've just ignored us and kept destroying everything. Thinning our numbers and testing our resolve - just seeing us, was probably his goal", Yukino agreed with the conclusion Raiden came to. The Reapers were already toying with them for their first appearance. Unfortunately, breaking them worked, as everyone was terrified and unprepared. Even the queen who thought she was finally ready still had nothing to do against them.

"... They... don't care who falters or not, unfortunately. In a way, I'm glad Darren isn't here to be stubborn about it... He'd turn into me and feel worse for resisting. The Reapers find you interesting if you aren't scared, and they... they make a game out of hunting you down."

Bashiro looked up at the commander, quickly detecting that fear she tried to coat. The way she made it sound, they were hunting her now. This woman is leading the charge against them, and she sounds as if she's been a target for awhile.

"I would love us fighting the Deletors for eternity being our solution, but we don't have that kind of... life span. The majority of them aren't cunning as far as overall planning goes except for Sovereign and the traitor. They just overwhelm us, and don't think that much about it. I haven't even the slightest clue what their end goal is other than trying to obliterate everything.

... They annihilated my timeline just because they wanted to. There was no real reason.

If Xat's power can help us, I'd love to have her assist."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 am

"Its kind of hard to explain, I even have a hard time understanding it. Though i know spirt animals are also guides for our spirits. s maybe thats how." she said shurgging again. When she heard Raiden say that she could help Xat was kind of shock. "I guess i can help." was all she said as she looked at the slums. She didn't tell anyone this but she sent a word out to Malice saying she would like to meet with him before even comming here.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am

"That... doesn't really make sense. So your first job is going to be trying to understand it more, so you can explain, and I can figure out how to use it", Yukino gave an assignment.

Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 am

"Thats what i've been trying to do, and ironicly it's the same task my Spirit Animal has giving me clues to look for. I know for sure that you will need a spirit animal to be your guide to switching inbetween plans or worlds by spirit." She told her.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:49 am

Cero stepped towards the group that had gathered.  He had been listening to the conversation, semi-uninterested.  However, he wanted Revenge against the Deletors for wounding his pride so much.  "I'll fight those damn reapers," he said, and staring at the faltering Yukino, continued, "and I'll destroy them.  No matter the cost."  Of course, Cero was being extremely arrogant.  He knew full well that he had no chance against the Deletors, but that didn't particularly change how stubborn he was.  Even if it killed him, he'd try and find a way to stop the reapers.  That much was certain.  If they hunted him down, he'd gladly take them on.  And probably lose.  Horribly.  

"You may think they're an impossible enemy, but even Neu was able to be defeated," Cero said, also aware that Neu and the Deletors were on completely different levels.  "And if the 'heroes' all run away, who'd be left to slow them down?"  This was said mostly for Cero to convince himself this was the only think to do.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:01 am

"That's a good start. Tell me when you figure out more-"

Cero approached, speaking... nonsense, of course.

"You can stop now, Cero. We have to destroy them anyway, and you should already know there's no way in hell you can do it alone!" Yukino shouted in response, rather tired of Kirguis' decision to try and take on an enemy himself. The Reapers already couldn't be killed by conventional means as it is. No matter the cost? To be honest, the Chosen Sword hadn't the foggiest what "cost" would exist in order to stop them.

"Neu Edelweiss... was possible to defeat, you and others proved that. I'll give you that much. However, the Reapers are on a different league entire-"

"Easy there, honey", Bashiro intervened, calling Yukino by the name again. "He's got a point on something. You're talkin' like they're invincible, but in that case, you wouldn't be doin' all this, would you?"

"That's-"

"If it was to try and get us running away, the way you're talkin', there is no where to run. So we're all in this to fight, like the pretty doll here said. We'll bust up those Deletor things, and fix what they erased from the streets, yeah?"

"... Who are you?"

"Just a guy who wants a drink, honestly."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:13 am

"I will get started then." Xat said as she walked towords a secluded place to begin the search for answers.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:35 am

Sera did it again. Passed out. Sitting up. Eyes open. He was even still holding his cards in his hands, anyone would think he's simply reading card effects or something.

Nope. Fast asleep. Would actually be snoring if he was lying down or something.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:24 am

Raiden listened to all that was being said. He could tell Yukino was afraid. Not for herself, but for others. They must have been targeting her. Did she think they were attacking her friends to bring her despair? It wasn't as if it was her fault, but she was the type to blame herself for it. Based on the other dimension and the other Yukino, she was that kind of person.

"As long as we have the ability to fight, we still have the ability to stop them," Raiden said to them. "Losing hope of that means they've already won. If you truly believed that they were too powerful for us, you wouldn't have done this much. Believe in your friends and don't try anything on your own, any of you."

He then turned to Xat. The idea of her abilities was something he was thinking about as well. "I have a theory about Xateramusa's abilities. Units appear within this world in astral form through a certain medium. Its possible that Xateramusa can spiritually copy the same thing and astral project onto Cray using unts as a focal point. To confirm it though, someone would have to do it. The spirit I spoke to told me I could not, however it also seemed to have the ability to interact with Cray. Is it possible that one can travel between the worlds using the spirit world? After all, we all have the image of appearing on Cray in astral form, so its not impossible."

Raiden thought for a moment beyond that, then said, "Unfortunately, we may have to assume the Reapers cannot be destroyed. They may not have physical form in this world that can be destroyed the same way we can. The best we can do it cut off their gateway to and from their world. If we do, even if some are here, there is a chance we can force them to follow our rules of existence." This was a disheartening thought, but at the same time, it gave Raiden something to do. If he could find the source of where they enter this world from, he could lead someone there who could close it, whoever had such a power. "For now, I'll leave you to prepare things here," Raiden said as he began to walk away. He had parked his motorcycle some distance away. It would be quite a walk to get back to it.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:33 am

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what?! If those things don't have physical forms, how the hell do we kill 'em?" Bashiro panicked over the thought of the Deletors being ethereal on Earth and Cray. They already don't follow the rules of logic, can they even follow rules of existence when they want to wipe it out?! The man wanted to say more, but Raiden was already departing. "Shiiiiiiit, come on!"

"Glendios, wake up", Yukino demanded, turning to Sera. "You and I need to talk about how you're even still here."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:45 am

Zzz...zzzz...zzzzz...!

"Huh-wha-candy?"

Sera had a small exchange with the air as he proceeded to fall face first into the ground from sleep. Ow.

He stood up, holding his back with one hand like an old man, and holding his face with the other.

"Hi, hey, hello, Hikari. How can I help you today?"

He was still in pain. Sleepy too. Needs coffee.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:49 am

"How in the hell are you still here? Didn't Tsubasa kill you?"

Hikari was less than thrilled to know the Clown's most prized creation was here... posing as a human. He wasn't aiding the Reapers, at least, as she recalls him disliking them as well. Mind you, having a Star-vader in front of her didn't put her at ease either. The woman folded her arms, giving a stern, yet annoyed glare, tapping her finger on her left arm.

"And why are earth were you living in my house for these three months?!"

Better question is how did she not notice?
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Sera scratched his head, taking in the anger somewhat radiating from the beloved of his best friend. Sera blinked, took a small step forward and began to explain.

"Er, yes and no. First of all, call me Sera. Glendios is outdated and too diabolical. Secondly, allow me to explain."

Sera performed a curtsey before giving his piece.

"Tsubasa, descendant of the bluish flames, was indeed the one to fight me in mortal combat as I inhabited my golem body. Here's, uh, the thing. Its not like I wanted everyone to die or anything. I was just fulfilling the wish of your dearest; save everybody. But Tsubasa wouldn't let me and now we're in this mess with the Reapers."

He crossed his arms, giving a falsified pout, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"His... Sacrifice was only for naught. No matter how many times you destroy the golem, the seed inside will only further move on. Without a host to take, I would've been forwarded to a new universe... Had Haruka not existed. Living in his body made me, hm, curious."

That's the word.

"I want to learn. I want to live. Maybe even love. Just to experience a human life for myself. So using a large amount of energy, I formed a body of Haruka's lifeforce, and made this body. I took the liberty of changing up my wardrobe so we don't look too similar."

He giggled.

"Your house? You act like I have another place to stay. I don't know how a lot of human economy works, therefore getting a job at the moment is near impossible. Sorry."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next