Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 5 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Nova Major Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Carlos was just standing there, listening to all the conversations of the woman in charge. He was overjoyed to hear her said that he was allowed to help, but he found strange that later she was referring to Sera as Grandiose or something like that. Even Sera was sort of ignoring him. Then the conversations about Cray, spirit worlds, rulers, shamanism and a guy that just wanted a drink (And he could relate to that). Very confusing, but it was beginning to seem that was the norm now.

"I can help, right? Do you need me to do something miss?" He asked the woman. "Oh, and my name is Carlos. Nice to meet you" He added, shaking her hand. "By the way, do you know what happened to the girl I fought? I couldn't see her anywhere".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Yukino's expression didn't get any lighter, and in fact, become more irritated at hearing Tsubasa's sacrifice being for naught and Haruka's lifeforce being used to keep this thing in their world. Great, so he's a parasite too. "You're the essence of a doomsday weapon that could still kill us all, I'm going to call you what you are", the woman stated, adamantly refusing to refer to him as Sera. He's a Star-vader with a name given by the Clown, and that is his only name as far as she's concerned. Curious and want to be more human? The paranoid and racist commander didn't believe that garbage for a second - Link Joker still isn't to be trusted. ... The only thing that kept her from trying to put him back down is the fact that he too was trying to do something to keep everyone form the Reapers. His dislike of them was something they had in common, and it was enough, surprisingly.

"This is all ridiculous and I'm going to deal with it in more detail later. Especially getting you out of my manor and into someplace... cozy enough for your interests. Maybe a jail cell."

Maybe a sewer.

"Whatever, I'll talk to Haruka to confirm your story later on. Where is he?"

The woman unfolded her arms, and turned to Carlos when he spoke. "Well met, Carlos. I don't know where that girl went, and for now I just need you to stay where I can see you."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 pm

"Where you can see me? Huh, ok. Like the hotel or the park or somewhere near, I suppose" Answered Carlos. He planned to return to the hotel, but a little question made him stay. "Question - Why do you seem, and this is an understatement, so angry with Sera? I don't think he's bad guy, miss... What was your name again?" He asked, without a shred of tact.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 pm

"Hikari Espoir. I'm angry with Glendios because additional suffering we've gone through with the Star-vaders is thanks to him and his creator."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Sera chuckled a bit at Carlos completely forgetting Hikari's name for a small bit. Then the question he was sort of hoping trying to avoid altogether.

Where is Haruka?

"Haruka is on the southern side of Hoshiko in the rural district with his Uncle Toshiki and his second cousin, Mizumi Shiina. She's a crazy magic doctor. Satisfied?"

That was... the most... absolute truth he'd ever told anyone, as there was not even a hint of a lie. And yet, if anyone else heard that, they'd think that Sera is more or less batshit crazy.

"She hates me because she's afraid I'm going to steal her boyfriend. Spoilers: Already did."

Sera winked in their direction, sticking his tongue out.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 pm

"Southern side of Hoshiko... I'll have to head over there in a bit then. Thank you", Yukino expressed her gratitude. Aside from the "satisfied?" bit tacked on at the end, it was surprisingly devoid of a snide comment. ... Then he messed it up and made it seem like she was jealous. Jealous of Reverse energy taking her beloved?! Is that some kind of joke?!

It is, Yukino. Calm down-

The snow woman summoned the Bifurcation blade, pointing it at Glendios' face.

"Excuse me?!"

"Oi, oi! Relax! I'm sure he was kidding!" Bashiro intervened, having been listening to everything with Jessie and trying to take it in. This little snarky kid riled up the queen, and while it was cute, he'd prefer them not breaking out into a fight.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:40 pm

After receiving the text, Seifer lead Noel and Rosalia to the Slums. On the way he'd explained to Rosalia that he was just going to have some people get her stuff, people that he trusted. Arriving here though... This situation wasn't great. He saw a sword with the point at Sera, the bearer being Yukino... Bashiro trying to calm her down, and Carlos nearby. What in the world... "Hey!" he shouted, walking into the midst of it, albeit, tentatively because of his broken ribs but... This was ridiculous. "What the hell is going on? Why do you have your blade drawn? Didn't we just go through enough with the Reaper?" to be honest, he had a feeling it was because Sera said some smart remark but... This wasn't necessary. Standing there, off to the side (as he would much rather not be stabbed again), his gaze swept between Yukino and Sera, brow furrowed.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 pm

"Woah, what the hell!? Is that sword real!?" Said Carlos, retreating because of the big sword that Hikari pulled seemingly out of nowhere. "That's some David Copperfield-level stuff!! Its awesome, but scary at the same time!!". He was able to calm down thanks to the intervention of the guy in need of a drink, and some of the people he saw in the park the last time he was there. "Huh. You guys are here too. Hi there!" He greeted them.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm

At Noel's reaction at the hospital regarding the engagement announcement, Rosalia scratched the back of her head with an almost embarrassed look. "Happened just the other day... Though as far as I know, Seifer was adopted by the Espoirs sometime during the three months or so we were both gone. So that sort of happened... But I really missed you being around, Noely. When everything is over, I want you to be one of my bridesmaids~" What? Having something happy to look forward to made the havoc happening now seemed a bit more bearable.

But, that happy feeling faded when they reached the slums. More so, it was when she saw Yukino wielding a sword and pointing it at someone... Wait, wasn't that the guy who was at Seifer's old house the day the brunette appeared back in reality? What was his name... Drake or something? That's about all she remembered. Whatever the case, Yukino being ready to kill someone probably wasn't the most ideal situation. "Y-yukino-oneesan! Please calm down.. I'm sure whatever is going on isn't worth killing anyone for..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:57 pm

The tips of his fingers glowed a violent red, with black static emanating from the fingernails. A maniacal grin nearly grew from the seams before something hit him. Not literally, but he came to a sudden realization. If he wants to help Haruka, then just help the one he loves.

Except Sera hates her.

What a dilemma.

He dropped his hands down, allowing the reverse energy to dissipate into the air. He simply looked off, staring at the nearby buildings.

"He flew at 42 kilometers per hour across jagged gravel and into the Yoshikawa Banking Center. A Haruka-shaped imprint is left in the concrete. If you expect him to be functioning like a normal human being again, you should probably think twice. He's strong, I'll give you that.... he didn't die on impact, and that's a feat in itself."

Sera said this with a solemn... sadness.

Sera craned his neck, looking Hikari in the eyes. One of his serious moments, perhaps? Nobody really knew when to trust Sera and his thoughts. But he was sincere for once. Just this once...

"Be careful, Hikari. Haruka would be upset with me if I let you get erased before he got to put a ring on your finger, you know? Not that you can't handle yourself. Just."

He sighed, stretching his back out, turning around all the way to face Bashiro and Hikari. He opened his mouth, but the words sort of came out wrong. It was the right phrase. Maybe it was just that he never liked being a 'good guy.'

"Call it a promise."

He nodded, stepping back to his boxes, fiddling with his cards. No use provoking the Ice Queen anymore. Sera knew that if he didn't side with her and soon, inner-civil war would break out between the Resistance, and that plus the Reaper invasion only spelled death for those who were even capable of surviving.

"Hey guys. Uh, good to see you."

Sera's jovial, childish demeanor slipped from under him along with his thoughts for Haruka's well-being.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 pm

You know, Yukino loves Haruka to death, and respects his wishes to the fullest. If he wants to help Sera be more human, learn to be mortal, that's fine. She'd even help out her beloved in his quest. ... Except Yukino hates Glendios with a burning fury that makes Yunos' envy look tame. Truly, a dilemma. Sigh... the girl's angry expression faded a bit into one of concern when the Seed relayed a report on the circumstances of Haruka's injuries. Fine, fine, she lowered the sword from his face. It was still there, but she wasn't going to try and kill him now. Her boyfriend is a tough enough cookie to survive, and that was pleasant. Yet... even his twin here had a hint of sadness in his tone.

What are these two going to do with their trouble-prone boy?

Glendios warned her, even hinting that he'd help her not get deleted if possible for Haruka's desire.

"... That tone isn't suited for-" Ugh, Hikari just stopped talking. A Link Joker looking after her is disgusting in itself for the pride-driven soldier. She could've attempted striking or yelling at him, yet chose not to, only watching him fiddle with his deck. Him playing the nice guy is not a real way she can envision him. Not even after he tried to "help" them all by fulfilling Haruka's wishes three months ago.

"Feh", Hikari scoffed, having the sword vanish into light, and shoving Bashiro aside to leave without greeting anybody.

"... Jesus", Bashiro breathed. Who are these people and how are they more ridiculous than most of the brawls that break out with the toughest of gangs down here?
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Seifer sighed as things seemed to calm down. Good, at least there wouldn't be any fighting, as far as he knew... Stepping back so that he was next to Rosalia, the blonde stood quietly, watching. It wouldn't do any good for everyone to be divided. He knew of Yukino's hate, and the fact that she lowered the blade... That was good in and of itself but... How long would it last? Seifer's hand found it's way to Rosalia's... Fingers sliding between hers, for comfort maybe? He'd just gotten out of the hospital to come here to... this... It sounded like Haruka was hurt to. Great... Another sigh, his eyes turning downward.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Upon seeing Hikari leaving, Carlos noticed some weird, uncomfortable silence. It was his duty and moral obligation to make it stop. "So... How are you today? Did you already, eh, eat or something?". Smooth.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm

"I miss things too I guess... I just want to live in peace for once in my life... I would love to be your bridesmaid. It would be fun and it will be a great memory too!" Noel looked down and sighed quietly. All the chaos and the hell trip home ruined Noel's life a bit, she just doesn't know what she wants anymore and feels like her world will never be at peace. She internally wished Seifer was never adopted as an Espoir though, even if her own father hated him. The fact that he was still a psuedo-Kusanagi felt more closer than what he is now.

Noel saw Yukino pointing a blade at a person. It was interesting to see, one thing after another, life in this city doesn't seem to get boring. However, this was the first time Noel ever stepped foot into the slums.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulcecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Rosalia breathed a soft sigh of relief as the tension diffused, at least to the point where a death threat wasn't hanging over anyone's head. Or as a sword in someone's face. She squeezed Seifer's hand lightly in return, offering him a weak smile; anything to keep up a slightly more positive attitude... But it just wasn't that easy. No matter what happened, it seemed destruction and pain was always around the corner for them or those that they cared about. Squeezing his hand again, the brunette placed a light kiss on her fiance's cheek, before glancing at the departing Yukino. Everything will work out, and everyone will be okay... I just know it... She wanted to say it out loud, but with the mood still as stiff as it was, she might end up causing more trouble than good. At least Noel agreed to be one of her bridesmaids, whenever the wedding would actually happen. That was something to look forward to... "So.. what are we doing here exactly?..." she asked Seifer softly, looking around.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm

"Well... uh... Hey man! Good to see you made it outta the hospital! You look like hell but better than you were before."

Bashiro tried to add onto starting conversation, greeting Seifer specifically. He would've greeted Noel and Rosalia, but he knew the brunette and the blondie here must've been dating. Not only that, but Noel was already standing close enough to Seifer as it is.

He'd wait before trying to make a move at least.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:45 pm

"I'm... Better, thanks uh..." Well, shite he didn't know the guy's name. "Sorry, I don't believe we met properly, what with the giant tentacle monster and all." Seifer took a half step forward, extending his right hand to the man. He really didn't know this guy. Not that it mattered much. "Thanks for helping out back there. You really didn't have to." it's probably a good thing he did though. Without the amount of strength the WHOLE group mustered up, they may not of been able to drive it back... Unless it just got bored.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:00 pm

"Well, classic guys whose names I don't know. Ignoring me and all that" Carlos thought, saddened by the feeling that he was unimportant. But he had a plan to make them notice him. "Hey guys, do you want some candy? Or bread? Or both? I got both".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Rosalia nodded her thanks to the man that greeted Seifer. If she remembered, she saw him briefly before Seifer was taken to the hospital... Oh right, he was in the fight too. It was pretty hectic, so could you blame her for not remembering everything? "Thank you for helping him get on the motorcycle too. A few broken ribs, so there's not much we can do except wait out the healing process," she mused, glancing at her fiance. She DID tell him to try and take it a little bit easy, though that would be highly unlikely, given the invasion...

Then another guy came over to them... Wait, was this one of the guys she saw briefly at the park? At the time, he was yelling something about a cardfight and food. Oh well. He was here now. "I'm not really sure I can eat anything right now.. Thank you for the offer though~" Rosalia replied nicely, trying to be nice at least.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Bashiro took Seifer's right hand to shake with a firm grip, His glove clapped onto the palm of the blondie's hand. "Bashiro's my name. Don't sweat it, helping people is my thing", the thug spoke to him and his obvious girlfriend. He even gave a twinkling grin, showcasing his pretty-boy sincerity. Then, almost immediately, voices screamed "liar!", and Jessie practically busted a gut laughing, beating on a wall while clutching his stomach with his other arm. The brawler's smirk went from sincere and alluring to annoyed and twitchy.

"I'm this dumbass' little brother, Jessie. Don't think too badly of him if you can."

"Hey man, you're bailing me out, but then you're laughin' with 'em while I'm trying to make a first impression!"

"Come on dude, helping people is your thing? You can't even pay people money back!"

"That's entirely different."

"Sure as hell ain't!"

"Whatever, I'm glad you guys are alright."

"I'll take some candy though", Jessie spoke to Carlos.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:00 am

"Of course! Take some... Jessie, is it?" Said Carlos to Jessie, feeling grateful that the kid didn't ignore him and giving him candy from his bag. "Oh, before I forget, my name is Carlos. I think we haven't met properly since that day on the park... Huh, what are your names again?" He said to the couple, offering candy to the blonde guy as the girl said she wasn't sure if she could eat. "The same to you, drinking guy. Nice to meet you all".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 am

Blondie shook the brawler's hand, smiling, then laughing as things shifted mood. Man, this was probably good for him. Stepping back to Rosalia's side, he nodded to Jessie when he introduced himself. "I'm Seifer, Yukino's brother." Seemed that Bashiro and Jessie were siblings to, so that was cool. Oh and... that guy from the park... Who was it? "I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really hungry. Thanks though." it was a sincere bit of gratitude, even if he'd never met him before. And he introduced himself as Carlos. "It's nice to meet you as well Carlos. As I just said, I'm Seifer."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 am

Rosalia waved her free hand, still holding one of Seifer's hands as she looked between the "new people". "My name is Rosalia, and I'm Seifer's fiancee. It's nice to meet all of you~" she said happily, or proudly. Whatever the case, she was much more relaxed around "strangers" than she was the day or two before. Better than having a panic attack every two seconds. "I'm just glad all of you are okay after the fight with that monster..." Her smile faded some, glancing in the direction that Yukino had gone off to, sighing quietly. "Yukino-oneesan is probably under a lot of stress right now... If it wasn't for her though, and these weird bangle things, we wouldn't have lasted two seconds against that thing..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:26 am

"Seifer. So you can talk and introduce yourself without going full wolf mode" Joked Carlos, recalling the last time he saw him before bursting in laugh. "Sorry, sorry. You just seemed to... Volatile that day on the park. I suppose you were going through a lot at that moment. Oh, and nice to meet you, Rosalia".

"Wait..." He paused, remembering something after hearing Rosalia mention the bangles that summoned Units. "You were at that place with the giant tentacle monster? The one that nearly destroyed all the city? Did you fight it?".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 am

"The boss lady's brother? Her sister too?" Jessie spoke with a muffled tone, chewing on a handful of candy. Bashiro whacked his younger sibling for having no manners, and the younger one winced. Nursing the back of his head, he looked at his brother wondering what he did wrong, and Bashiro didn't say anything. "But they don't even look alike!"

"Neither do we man", Bashiro folded his arms. "Your older sister's something else if she's maintaining this real ass militia for some... horrific looking monsters. I can't be here, I ain't cut out for the job."

"What happened to helping people being your thing, man?" Jessie asked.

"I might have lied."

"Of course. Good meeting you guys, anyway." Jessie raised his hand in a friendly, introductory gesture.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell do you mean Shiki's gone?!" Yukino screamed in another sector of the slums.

"There isn't even a guard left, and there's no bars either! The prisoner's gone!" A soldier responded.

"Wasn't he in a coma?!"

"Y-Yeah... the boys say he was still in one, and his vitals never actually picked up, even when he got disconnected..."

Lovely, more to worry about. Hikari was in shock, clenching her teeth at the sight of the barren jail cell. The boy who nearly killed them all to make a point is gone, and it was more than obvious the Reapers had done it. What Reaper, though?! Those things are enormous, and someone would at least be able to tell if it was just a drone or something... right? Dammit, it could have been a drone they couldn't see.

"What the hell are you all standing here for?!" The commander shouted. "Get a search party looking for him!"

"Sir!"

"I'm... I'm going to find Haruka."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next