Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Toshiki's House

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Uncle Toshiki's House - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncle Toshiki's House

Post by Jello Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Haruka very nearly so closely had a heart attack at the appearance of Seph. This would be the 2nd or so time Haruka had made a real conversation with the spirit of Cray but even then if he wasn't talking to someone from the Aqua Force or hearing remnants of the Overlord's voice, it scared the spooks out of him.

"Lord... please, at least announce your arrival next time... Ah, I'm glad to hear she's doing okay though. Really. I myself have been, erm... recovering? That's the best way to put it. I'm good though, thank you for asking... did Satoshi send you here for something to check on me?"

Haruka placed his hands in his pockets, like the old days. All he needs now is a scarf, some coffee and a secret stash of ice cream and nobody would be able to tell the difference. Oh, how the times have changed.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 pm

"Sort of." Seph stuck his pinkie in his ear, clearing it a little. "He's gonna send either you or your caretaker a message about it, but from observation, he may or may not have convinced her to, once again, take a break to go to dinner with you guys. Emphasis on 'you guys,' because it's a double date."

His eyes narrowed. "Really, all I was supposed to deliver that message, but I have another reason for staying. It's about your caretaker, actually." He crossed his arms. "Is she actually your relative?"
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 pm

"Double... date? Last time I was on one of those was with... Seifer, if I remember correctly. That was interesting."

Haruka's memories of basically pledging his heart to Yukino in marriage came back. A slight red rose to his face, but the wind quickly whisked it away.

Then a question about Mizumi rose up. This was... interesting, to say the least.

"As far as I know, yes. She only recently started living with Uncle Toshiki though, so she hasn't been around all my life. Only a few years, since my parents died and all that."

He looked at Seph intently for a moment, giving a kind raise of the eyebrow.

"Why...?"
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Seph shrugged. "The last time Satoshi was smitten with someone, he turned out to be their pawn in a plan to permanently take away clans from the world. I want to be sure there's no risk for him." His look turned a bit more dark. "Especially now, with the reapers about."

The spirit's eyes wandered to the window. "Your look-alike isn't any more comforting."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:33 pm

"She's crafty, I'll give you that. But I don't think she wants to do anything inherently wrong."

Foreshadowing is probable.

"Sera is definitely fixed up to a degree. His lack of humanity made his respect for humans before very.... very low. Now that he understands humans, he feels like one of them. Unified in a sense, and wants to protect them. He's very protective of me in the regard that we were the same person at a time."

Haruka drooped his head a little, words becoming softer.

"I know his Reverse powers and the ability to Lock are discontenting to most, but I feel that is part of the key to defeating the Reapers. Most people would say it helps, but I think its more than that. Its deliberate and on-command control for things we've never fought before. He himself feels more proud.... than ever before."

Haruka looked up, staring at Seph. His eyes gleamed with the pride of a soccer mother whose kid just scored a goal from halfway down the field.

"He wants to make a difference." Haruka is best mom.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 pm

"...Well, if you truly believe that, I have no reason to pry any more than that." Seph gave a gentle smile. "Let your caretaker know she should try to wear something nice."

And just like that, he was gone.

---

Shortly following, a text went out to Mizumi:

You, me, Haruka and Yukino. Tomorrow at 6. It's formal, so you better look nice.

xx

Satoshi
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Haruka, without another word, waved the spirit away as he disappeared. His smile did not fade as he returned to his sky-watching. The day had turned to night much faster than he imagined. It was already past dusk, but he still felt like staying out a bit longer. Maybe camping out on the porch would be fine...

"Oh. Oh. OH!!"

Mizumi was hopping up and down in the kitchen. Haruka and Sera both peeked from outside on the porch and upstairs, respectively.

She quieted down, giggling a bit. With a silent fist pump, she tossed her phone back on the counter, contemplating a dress option. Sera went back upstairs in his boxers and a t-shirt, brushing his teeth. He was prescribed a bedtime in order to keep his late night roaming in check. Haruka stayed on the porch for a few moments longer before also retiring to his basement chambers.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Satoshi ran his hand through his hair. Still spiky and messy, but it went well with suits. As did his glasses; he had opted to not go with contacts tonight, if only because he felt it was maybe a bit more...attractive? He didn't actually know. When was the last time he ever went on a date?

Come to think of it, had he actually ever been on a date?

Stopping outside the walkway to Toshiki's, he pegged out a few texts. First one was to Yukino:

Hey, I'm picking up Mizumi and Haruka. You want us to come get you, or do you just want to meet us at the spot?

Satoshi

Always good to double-check. The next was to Haruka:

Hope you're ready for tonight, man. You don't have to dress too nicely, they'll understand if we bring you in that wheelchair, unless you don't want to be in it. I get it if y'don't. I've arranged for someone to pick us up, anyway.

Satoshi

Finally:

I'm walking up the walkway right now. I can't wait to see you.

xxx

Satoshi
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 pm

"I'll meet you there. I may be running a bit late due to work piling on and me needing to get home for a dress."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Haruka received the text just as he finished suiting up himself. He had made it home from the outskirts nearly an hour ago, and was preparing most of the remaining time to make sure he looked... suitable. He was afraid to be on a date again. It generally got nerve-wracking going somewhere with Yukino. Not that he was embarrassed, but the other way around. She was like royalty, and he had to show up as well. If she was a Queen, he had to be the King. Though he was always more of a little Prince if you were really going to compare him to that...

"Just a minute sir. This tie is not cooperating as well as I would've liked it. Remind me next I go out to buy better ties, please and thank you. -haru"

Mizumi was in her room, stashing notes and journals into drawers haphazardly. She had her hair perfectly done and was keeping it up for the past two hours. She was wearing a slender purple dress with a high bun. She wore ornate hair pins she kept in a glass jewelry box. She hadn't touched these puppies in ages. After practicing her opening impression four, five, ten times, she clicked open her phone.

"Will be down in just a minute. Haruka is almost done getting ready too~

xx Mizumi"

Haruka brought his supposed-cousin down on an arm to the front door.

"You ready?"

"Of course I am. Do you think I'm gonna let a little trouble with space creepers a week ago ruin this?"

Ha. HA. Ironic.

Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Satoshi sat on the steps to wait. If they were going to take a bit, he could think and get ready for what was likely to be a fun evening.

If by "fun," one meant "extremely awkward and if there's a god please don't let these ladies choke themselves out over Haruka." Actually, that was making him feel more and more of a third wheel by the minute. He acknowledged the text from Yukino:

See you there, then.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:05 pm

Out the door Haruka and Mizumi went, arm in arm. It became somewhat apparent that Mizumi was somewhat anxious already, Haruka was in 100% top-shape form now. Strange turn of events.

"Well don't you look very slick, sir?" Mizumi teased, walking up to the suited man. While she wouldn't say it outright, she honestly adored the suit. Haruka himself gave the thumbs-up of approval from behind. Sera did as well, from his window on the second floor.

Doofs.

"Ready to go?"
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Damn. The both looked great. Was that awkward to say? Eh. Might as well go with it.

"You both look fantastic." Satoshi smiled. "Yeah, Haku's visiting." He jerked a thumb at their ride, offering an arm to Mizumi. "Shall we, my sweets?"

Seph observed silently and invisibly.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Sera immediately trudged upstairs, not wanting anything to do with anyone for the time being. He felt a bit disgraced at his performance that night, and realized that he needed too, to train. Mizumi felt the same, but had somebody to take care of for the night. Uncle Toshiki helped carry him into the basement for 'operation.'

This was the most interesting talents of Mizumi, and the one most people don't know, and probably never will. She tied her hair up in a bun, pulled off her shirt and put on a white tank top instead. It got rather stuffy in the basement due ventilation issues in the house.

She sat at a stool, and placed a hand on Satoshi's chest, who now laid on the bed in the corner of the room. She smiled as the soul resonance from the night before re-emerged. Her eyes lit up a light purple. The power of a reincarnated soul in this timeline. The boy, Amatsuki, left her with this. The ability to travel through somebody's soul, their memories, their consciousness and make a deep contact through touch.

Mizumi was willing to delve as far as she pleased into most people's minds, but she had repairs to do first. She left this meeting of spirits as... purely professional as possible. Prodding into people's minds often leads to malevolent acts and that wasn't a wise way to keep somebody you like around.

The pain would slowly recede into Mizumi's own body, but only at a snail-like pace. Like a glass of water placed in a sink basin, that would which be filled by a faucet of only dripping water. It takes a lot of time and patience. This is how Haruka was healed, by transmitting the pain from one host to another, very slowly. This caused the transferred pain to be at most, only half as strong. It was something she was 100% willing to risk.

"You'll be good as new, darling. Just give me a little time..."

A smile, one of warmth and promise rose. She wears this smile because the look in her eyes during this process is haunting and horrifying to most, so a smile must be the only counterbalance.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Satoshi laid still, feeling the pain fade from his body as Mizumi did her work. It almost felt pleasurable, what she was doing, simply because the pain was leaving so smoothly, even if it was slow. Her hand's touch was light, yet firm...thoughts wandered to the possibility of suddenly taking her hand and pulling her over to him to maybe...

No, none of that yet. She didn't need to know he was consciously aware of all of this just yet.

On the other hand, however, Seph watched from a distance, staying undetectable as he possibly could. the spirit thought to himself.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:31 pm

She spent a few moments in trance, finishing up the process. It took a lot more time than people realized, though the procedure only felt long to her because she had to concentrate. However she accidentally stumbled upon.... another presence, within the man. Disregarding the thought for a moment, she finished as quickly as possible without delving into his thoughts. Satoshi's mind was his own and Mizumi, although she had done a similar procedure to Haruka, wouldn't take that approach with Satoshi. Her manipulation still had morals tied to them and this.... wasn't one of those times where she felt it was necessary.

Mizumi stood up, ending the soul resonance transmission, and walking over to the sink across the lab. She hung her head over the sink for a moment, feeling sweat drip from her forehead, and then a nosebleed right after. Running the essence of humanity through another body while also trying to dodge out on any memories, thoughts, or otherwise decision making motives, was tiring and dangerous in its own. It took a tissue or two to fix up the nose bleed but she was fine otherwise.

Leaning against a wall next to the bed, she just awaited for his awakening. She was tired herself, but was a sturdy girl. Given birth to soul manipulation was a stimulant for living. Her life force was not only expanded, but so was her age deficit. She would look like she was in her 20's for couple more decades at least. What a plus!

Now we wait... Ahh...
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:58 pm

It felt like she was done. Satoshi's fingers rapped the bed as he let a smile come onto his face. "You have an interesting method, y'know." He half-opened one of his eyes. They had reverted to their normal hazel color from the golden influence of Regalia of the Fool. "It feels pretty good, though, having you touch me. I noticed that at dinner, too."

Honestly, he wanted to see if he could get some little confessions out of her. It probably wouldn't work, knowing her, but all the same...
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:09 am

Mizumi would've jumped and maybe hollered if she wasn't so mentally drained and wiping the rest of the blood from her nose next to the bed.

"Glad you're awake, there.. It's rude to fall asleep in front of a woman you know. That's how you get dumped. Nice line, by the way," she said out of breath still.

She wiped her face a bit more, and let the bun fall loose. No use in keeping her hair up if she wasn't working. Her heartbeat was finally slowing down too, as well as her nerves. The pain was finally fleeting from her body, putting her under small bits of pressure as she relaxed a bit. She was mostly coated wit sweat from the arms, hands and face, due to those being the main places where soul resonance affects.

"How do you feel," she asked a bit more sweetly. Or rather, less sarcastically.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:12 am

"Well, when you get hit in the chest with void energy, it would normally...I dunno, possibly put you in a coma? But I've been awake since we started leaving the mall, which is kinda nice." Satoshi reached out with a hand for hers.

"And of course, I figured you'd be doing some mad science to me to try to make things work again, but here we are, in the same...uh...basement, without my heart beating outside of my chest literally." He smiled. "I'm glad for that, by the way."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:17 am

"Did you expect me to pull a Frankenstein and shock you to life or something? No, it's no the same. Not... scientific at all really."

She clasped her own hand in between his, fixing the messy waves coming out in her hair.

"I'm glad you took that shot for me... I wish I had a better way of conveying my thanks. If it weren't for you, I might not be here to give you this treatment. And I have no idea where you would be."

Sera peeked around the corner of the basement staircase at the two, wearing his pajamas and long white t-shirt. He was brushing his teeth very quietly, snooping as usual.

"Thank you again, Satoshi. Though next time, you won't have to protect me..." She trailed off a bit, nodding. Mizumi was reassuring herself that with enough effort and training, some strength would come to her. That was the goal all along anyways.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:23 am

"I know you think that, but it's my job to protect people. Especially people that mean a lot to me. As for a proper thanks...let's also say what I'm about to do is my 'thank you' for taking care of me the way you did."

Satoshi leaned up, took her other hand and pulled her down a little for just a moment. Why, you ask?

Oh, no reason. Just a first kiss.

Seph, who had been watching this whole time with serious curiosity, suddenly became a bit flustered and turned away. That was completely unexpected. His Vanguard had some nerve doing that.

But he wanted to do that. Even with his reservations about Mizumi's true intentions...Satoshi was happy. And he wanted to be happy, even in these troubled times. Because if someone could be happy...maybe he could help others be happy, too, and perhaps even win the war with it.

"Love conquers all," after all. Or, erm, is that actually how the saying goes?
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:32 am

Mizumi didn't spend a moment at waste and pressed her lips against his. Soul resonance became active again due to physical contact, but she simply blocked her mind out altogether. That was also part of her ability; the ability to not think at all. She placed a hand on his jawline, leaning on the bed. It was a strange sensation for somebody who was regularly never involved with other people except for purely business reasons. Her heart was beating at an abnormal pace for obvious reasons, and not so obvious reasons.

The obvious reasons we'll leave out of explanation.

The soul resonance affected not only her heart, but applied a light aphrodisiac to the target. She had silky smooth skin because skin care, but a little bit of magic never hurt either.

Sera dropped his tooth brush onto the metal staircase, toothpaste foam dripping from the corners of his lips as he awkwardly stared and pointed at the couple on the bed with wide eyes.

"TOSHIKI, TOSHIKI, GET THE CAMERA!!!"

Sera dashed upstairs. He forgot his toothbrush.

Mizumi giggled lightly, against Satoshi's lips.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43 am

Satoshi also chuckled. "Guess we were being watched, huh?" He held her close. "Oh, well. They'll have to deal with it." This was too perfect. He felt like this was something that should last forever, if at all possible. Even if this basement was a bit...dank.

Seph shrugged, still turned away from them. <Well, his funeral if things go wrong, I guess.> He left. Cray business needed handling, anyway.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:54 am

Mizumi didn't really mind so much as Sera probably didn't really care in the end. He wasn't going to cause trouble for the two in reality.

Til' the flash of a camera went off from the staircase. Uncle Toshiki in his 7 foot 2 inches glory was standing there with a camera, grinning, as Sera, who was a dwarf in comparison stood there hopping with joy.

Maybe he really did care? Is this what it meant to have close people?

Mizumi wasn't used to being around people still, even after so many months of being around here...

"Yea, they'll deal."

She smiled, digging her head into his chest. Another flash. Memories for safe keeping, it seems. She breathed out, realizing how late it was getting. Where was Haruka...?

Sera realized what was up to and was already up the stairs and strapping his boots on to go looking for the guy.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Satoshi yawned and stretch. A whole day had passed, staying in the care and comfort of Mizumi. God, she was sweet. It was stuff like this that could help keep everyone together. If only it were okay for Haruka and Yukino to see each other without...well, possible hindrances occurring. He continued to lay there, staring at the ceiling.

The basement was something he was growing accustomed to. Sure, it would be nice to whisk this girl of his away one of these days to see Hawaii, but there was something almost...homely about this dank dungeon beneath Toshiki's home. It was like a new opportunity had presented itself.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next