Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Toshiki's House

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Uncle Toshiki's House - Page 2 Empty Re: Uncle Toshiki's House

Post by Jello Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:52 pm

How many times have I been here?

It feels like ages since...

Coming here the first time was calming... relaxing

But every time I sleep and wake here...

I find myself...

Drifting farther from the shore,

from reality.

The body of a frail, pale boy lays in the sinking abyss of the waters of the ocean. Right off of the coast of some forgotten land that now lays in ruins, Haruka Nakahara is soundly sinking, drowning under the weight of the waves. The glorious azure reflected off of the waves was only a grave for Haruka to accept. A beautiful, majestic tombstone that adorns many names. The sunset glimmers across the waves, like a million little sparkling stones skipping across the water. He smiles. 

"How many times have I been here now?" He asks. Haruka's voice does not move, it is still within his throat, but the thoughts produce a resonating echo within the sea. Lost worlds and cities exist under these waves, buried by catastrophe or otherwise. But Haruka was not being put to rest because of a catastrophe. But his own inability to act. To understand that he is not to exist in the whim of others, but to act upon his own heartbeat. 

If he could not learn this lesson then, it may no longer matter. Every day he drifts to sleep, and only finds himself a few more feet, meters, miles under the ocean. It's been three days in reality since he has really known the world. The only place his mind truly wanders is under the great cerulean palace he has forged within his mental scope. He is the prince of a dead kingdom with no subjects, and his coronation is simple act of

Drowning.

"I wish I had at least gotten to see them... one last time. This might be a lot more peaceful..." He said. His mind was... not at peace. He was unable to sleep, unable to finally rest at peace until his final thoughts could be shared. Haruka had last words for everybody but he was simply unable to convey them to anyone. Only the desperate fantasy he forged in his dreams was there to comfort him, when he was not bound to the world of grey and disability.

The Reaper threat had taken his freedom from him; his ability to walk, speak, move really... This made him indifferent. He gave nothing but sorrow for not being able to help others. Not being able to fight for them and instead simply became another worry for everybody...

This was the most graceful way to go. In a lovely dream, blessed by the underwater world. Nobody must mourn if he dies here and is never to be seen again.

"Maybe I can just... sleep here... I won't have to wake up anymore? Right...?"

"Wrong."

".... What? Hello?"

"My Vanguard... Can you hear me?"

"M-My Vanguard... Are you there?!"

"My Vanguard!"

"Haruka!"

The calls, the roars of triumphancy... It... It couldn't be...

"Haruka, at last!" Cried Tidal Assault.

"Don't you dare scare us like that, Captain!" Roared Blue Storm Rider, Savas.

"Thank Poseidon you live. I'm not sure what would have happened if we had lost you, sir..." Prayed Blue Storm Marine General, Hermes.

"...It's good to have you back, My Vanguard." Saluted Blue Storm Marine General, Lambros.

"Our Vanguard!' Rallied the Aqua Force. 

Upon their steeds of kelpie, they wore grins of victory, despite not fighting any literal war. Haruka blinked, astonished. He was barely able to move, but it mattered not. Savas was the first to grab onto Haruka's arm, Tidal Assault taking the other. The rushed the boy forward, torpedoing him through the waves. The quiet of the ocean disappeared, and instead the horns and strings of a masterpiece played from the ships of the Aqua Force. The fleet awaited their Vanguard. Instead of them... being in ethereal form, it was Haruka who, only now realized, he was not in a full human coloration. 

"What... Happened?" 

He was whisked... carried away by his Guardians. His Avatar, his formation, his army. He was the captain and he had given up on everything because he was... what? Weak? Useless? Right... Weak...

"You are the Vanguard of Savas and Lambros, then?" Spoke a booming voice. What?

Haruka landed on an island, as the force docked there. It was the ancient ruins of... Wait. This was familiar. The fight with Yukino and Jellal...

Magallanica Ruins!

"W-What...?

"Welcome, to the ancient city of our people."

"... I-"

"Speak not, Vanguard of Earth. We come to you for one purpose."

Lambros and Savas stood on either side of Haruka, with somewhat cheeky grins and arms crossed. His ghostly form was slowly beginning to dissipate from the feet, up.

"We request of you, to take on a task. It is of utmost importance... Do you accept?"

He never even explained the task...

"Y-Yes, sir!" Haruka saluted, gulping at the absolute and diademesque form that stood in front of him. Maelstrom...

"Good. Listen closely, then. You must lead our forces into battle. There are other Vanguards of the Aqua Force, I assure you. But you... Have forged a special bond with these two. Dolts, they are."

Savas laughed at the remark, Lambros cracked up a little. Idiots.

"They are powerful... and have a path of their own; to grow, to guide, to save. They are the future heroes of the Aqua Force. Now I must ask of you, Haruka...-

You must carve a path for their future; carve a path for the last resort!"

Chills ran down Haruka's arms and spine. Another gulp, more fear, more angst. How... how would he even go about accomplishing this task? He was not strong enough, nor worthy to fight alongside such a prestigious army if he was so willing not even moments ago to give up his life.

"I..."

"My Vanguard."

"Can you chill with that? It's getting sort of repetitive..."

"What should we address you as then, if not that or Haruka?"

Haruka breathed in, and looked over at Savas with a nod. He ran his fingers through his hair, blinking. He shook his head, staring up at the glorious blue sky overhead. 

"Address me as he has this whole time."

Haruka turned around, facing the sea. The fleet of the Aqua Force sat in anticipation; soldiers with their feet planted on the railings of ships, others on their kelpie ready for the order.

The Aqua Force straightened their backs.

"Sir!"

"Aye!"

"At your service!"

Everyone stood ready. The wind began to blow like a gale, as the trees within the gilded, marble ruins began to sing a song of their own. The trumpets and the drums of the Aqua Force intertwined with the natural song of the world. Haruka put a hand up.

"At ease."

They all returned to their original positions, eagerly awaiting their first order from the new Captain.

"We are to carve a path for our heroes. Whether we fight in succession and perform our best, or fall horribly to the pull of riptide... The Aqua Force is the first line of offense; always has and always will be. That is our resolve! The rush of the battle, the adrenaline of living by the skin of our teeth. Under my command, the order is given. Carve a path for the last resort!"

"Hoo-rah!" Called back the Aqua Force.

Haruka smiled, alongside his comrades. He had... forged a bond with them. A real bond. Something to stick in the real world. Something he would never forget to this day...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haruka awoke in bed, staring at a grey ceiling. The feeling of wind blowing did not stop. In fact, his hair was in fact still flowing with the feeling of the breeze. His arms and his legs... had feelings. He blinked. Tears. No... sweat? Water. He felt drenched in the water in fact. 

With a swallow, he tested his bodily abilities... and like a charm, he threw off the sheets, swung his legs over the bed, and stood up. With a breath, Haruka threw a triumphant fist to the air.

"So... this is what he meant. Revonn."

Haruka nodded, sitting back on the edge of the bed. He wasn't going to alarm the others of his recovery just yet. It would create a rather large fuss... Haruka was alive and well; and his bond with the Aqua Force, the legendary clan of the sea, was formed at last. His deck was at his bedside, and with that, so were his comrades. 

His mates.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:28 am

Satoshi jogged up to the side of Toshiki's house. He had remembered a door to the kitchen from his visit, and the entire point of evading Yukino's eye culminated it making it to the place she couldn't see Haruka.

Speaking of, the monkey on his back wasn't really why he was out of breath. Rather, it was the amount of incognito side trips down various alleyways he took out of fear of running into her or any of her posted guard. Granted, he encountered none of them in the process, so they certainly weren't looking very hard...if they were even told to, anyway.

The young man pegged a text to his benefactor inside. I'm here, on the kitchen end. Lemme in.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 am

Haruka limply hung, breathing scarcely from Satoshi's back. He was in a state of mixed exhaustion and delusional. He had made small claims at seeing non-existant things here and there.

From inside, a pacing Mizumi bit her lip in worry. She received the text from Satoshi that Haruka had been located but had been in a near state of panic since then. Uncle Toshiki and her had been awaiting his arrival in the living room for the remainder of the time.

Her cell buzzed against the kitchen counter again; she snatched her phone up immediately and read the text, then dashed over to the kitchen door.

"Satoshi, thank god-- Haruka!"

She ran out immediately. Shaking her head, she placed a hand on her hip noticing her basically asleep cousin. He looked like a sleeping kid, despite his actual age. He was just a little dopey.

"... Ahh, just get him in here. We'll put him to bed I suppose... Thanks, by the way."

She turned around walking into the house, leaving the door open for the hero and the sleeping beauty to come into the house.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Satoshi gave a slight grunt in response to the thanks, moving up the small set up of steps to the kitchen with Haruka still on his back. "Just tell me where to put him, I guess. Guy needs some rest, he's been out and about all day by the sound of it."

There was still a twinge of guilt about him doing this behind Yukino's back, but all the same, this was the best he could come up with. If Mizumi really did know what she was doing, what good were standard doctors that didn't?
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 pm

"Leave him in the chair in the living room." Mizumi pointed right across the hall.

"I'll bring him downstairs later."

She nonchalantly returned to the kitchen sink as she started water in a team kettle to get ready. Today was a tea day. Coffee days were for when Haruka was ready to be at it again.

Therefore, a tea day.

"Want some tea, Satoshi? You must've been out all evening searching for the poor boy."

Mizumi slightly grinned to herself. Company was never a bad thing once in awhile. Even Uncle Toshiki encouraged having people in your life.

"How about it?"
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Satoshi set Haruka down on a rather soft-looking armchair out in the living room. Hopefully he'd get some nice rest and be able to take things one step at a time.

Coming back to the kitchen, Mizumi had offered him tea. Well, he had been looking for quite a bit, and there wasn't too much of a reason not to at least stay a little while...

"Sure, why not." Satoshi took a seat closer to her part of the table. She was probably going to ask about his relationship with Yukino and Haruka, which he did promise he'd try to tell her about a bit at some point when they had time.

He glanced over at Mizumi as she was working on the tea. Man, she was really pretty...
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear, Mizumi set the water to boil and took a seat at the table next to Satoshi, folding her hands on the tabletop.

"So, tell me about your little trinity. Haruka only mentioned bits of it to the uncle who relayed that to me so I'm not too keen on it. Is it true that wench is really Haruka's girlfriend? Doesn't she seem a bit... old, for him?"

No chill.

"Excuse me, it's rude to talk about one of your close friends like that.... I'm just really glad Haruka is safe. I nearly punched a hole in the wall when I got wind that he was missing."

Precisely. She did not punch a hole in the wall.

She punched two.

"Anyways, yes, about your friends. Lets go back to when you all met. Tell me about it?"

She smiled, pulling her feet up on the chair and pressing her legs against her chest, as if to get comfortable for a story.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:39 pm

"Old?" Satoshi snorted. "Last I checked, we're all about the same age. She's maybe...a little bit older, but not by much." Two years wasn't that wide of an age gap, was it? Then again, one year was much closer, so maybe it was...

His smile faded a little following that crack. "I'm lucky I found him still awake." He rubbed the back of his head. "Haruka definitely seems a lot better than you led me to believe, but he'll definitely need some time to get his energy completely back. Chances to do so, too, I might add." Satoshi wanted to be completely sure his friend wasn't just straight up locked in a basement again.

Then, the question he had expected. Meeting them.

"A few years back, we all met at regionals after being eliminated. We came together 'cause we all saw the potential in each other, and that's just...how it all got started. Turns out the Espoirs had a pretty good premonition of the kind of shit the world would go through." His leg moved over a bit to, as silently and unnoticed as he could, tug Mizumi's chair closer to him. "We've had each other's backs, fighting the power of Void, dealing with crazy new world order notions, all of that. Even when we've been apart for some time."

A slightly pained look came onto his face, upon that recollection. "Since Yukino and Haruka got together, I've been givin' them some space, but it always ends up bein' something that brings me back to have to sort things out. Of the three of 'em, I'm probably the least likely to stay in one place these days. Picked up a wanderin' habit from an old friend."

Satoshi's marked hand rested on his knee as he became a bit more lost in thought. Maybe the same thing was going to happen again...once the problem with the Deletors was addressed, he'd be on his way once more, nothing tying him down as per usual. Was that actually okay anymore?
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Meanwhile, in the living room across the hall...

Uncle Toshiki has the living room lights off, save for one television that displays the news at all hours of the day. Never off. Never a different channel. It only shows the same news channel, and it's always the one talking about the mysterious and destructive attacks from whatever freaks are coming from outer space.

Haruka was restlessly sleeping in the armchair that Satoshi had left him in. It took only four or five minutes to wake up in a slight sweat. His memory was fuzzy and doesn't particularly remember how he got back home. Uncle Toshiki put the newspaper down, and slid across the couch out of his usual spot. Even Haruka was a little surprised at it.

"Hey there... Haruka. I'm sorry I didn't catch you going out the door."

"Ah, no worries..."

Toshiki simply nodded, sliding back to his spot. To which he nodded at Haruka's cellphone. Haruka glanced over at it himself, and picked it up. He felt the urge to talk to somebody. Normally this is where he'd call Yukino, but she's probably busy doing stuff to stop the Reapers. He just saw Satoshi not too long ago... although Haruka can't quite put a finger on where.

What about Tsubasa--...

It struck Haruka that he was gone again, and it made him a bit twisted in the stomach. Instead, he contacted the next in line of that lineage.

Haruto, hey, its Haruka. Come over to this address... I wanna talk to you

Haruka punched in Uncle Toshiki's home address.

"Make sure he comes in through the window, quietly."

"W-What, why...?"

Toshiki raised an eyebrow, gesturing towards the kitchen. Apparently Mizumi had company over today. Strange. She usually just stays in her basement lab all day or watches the news.

Haruka sent the text with

PS: Come in through the window, quietly. Resident orders. c:

That was all he wrote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, maybe she isn't really that old after all. But still, she gives me a bad vibe sometimes I guess. A workaholic at best..."

She stretched, not noticing the chair too much, but instead took the visual cue at the mark on his hand. He placed a finger on it, tracing around it.

"So you guys met awhile back then? I remember when Haruka came back teary-eyed and upset at losing the tournament so quickly. He felt like he didn't stand a chance... What a sweet boy..."

She flitted her vision up to his eyes, to Satoshi's eyes, then back to the mark quickly.

"Travelling and the like... What's this all about?"

She finally popped the question she had sort of been self-hinting at asking for the past few moments. It was an oddity and she normally doesn't get absorbed in people very much, so this was a new one for even her. Just as she was expecting an answer, the kettle of tea started piping like a maniac.

Tea was ready!
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Mizumi's touch was deliberate, but gentle. Satoshi bit his lip at both this and the question she asked. This was something he had spent some time mulling over at the lake, and in truth, when it came down to it...

"You might say the snow flower rubbed off on me a bit." He wrinkled his nose a little. "I could easily stay away these days, let them take care of everything, live a mostly normal life. But since being involved back in the early days of all this...I have a bit of a duty to fulfill, and I can't escape it no matter how I try." He shook his head and sighed, a bit of a laugh mixed in. "Trust me, I did my best to last year, and instead, that mark happened and I became an Invader thrall. Can't even take a trip to Hawaii and just clear my head...always gotta be somethin'."

He looked down at his lap as Mizumi got up to get the kettle. "I'm tired of it, but all the same, I'd rather something held me here than all this periodic nonsense...if I had something more permanent, maybe I wouldn't be halfway across the world all the time..."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 pm

After his fight with Seifer, Haruto decided to head to where Haruka was he wanted to be sure that everything is okay after his strange behavior when they met. Though his fight with Seifer was still etched in his memory, the power he felt from that dragon and how far he feels he has to go, it made him question his own strength but it also gave him a goal to reach.

He luckily received a message from Haruka indicating where the address was and a rather 'satisfying' way to get into the house. Haruto immediately replied with "Alright, i'll be there in a few Haruka." and went on his way.

Once he arrived he immediately surveyed the area figuring out which window is the best for a brea- I mean entrance. He had to make sure that he was not gonna break into the kitchen window so as to not spoil the ongoing...business.

So after a few minutes he found the window he was looking for and with some swift movements he made his way into the window landing with his feet on the ground, causing almost no sound. He saw Haruka rested on the armchair, though he looked a bit different from yesterday as if something had happened, "I'm here, what's the matter Haruka?" he said, as he walked up near Haruka, giving a slight wave and nod to Uncle Toshiki as a greeting.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:19 pm

"Something... permanent?"

Mizumi diligently poured two mugs of green tea, store-brand. Nothing special, but it was calming to the nerves at the very least, especially in such trying times as of recent. After placing both on the table, she walked over to the pantry, clicking her heels against the linoleum looking for a snack. She brought out a small box of crackers.

"Sorry, I get antsy around this time of the evening. Nervous eating habit."

She sat back down next to Satoshi, tying her hair up in a messy bun.

"So, what is it that keeps you coming back? Haruka and Yukino? A rekindling?"

She sipped her tea, yelping a little already forgetting how hot the tea was and shaking her head. She took a cracker out instead and started munching on it to keep her mind off of her burnt tongue. Serves her right.

"Speaking of those two, do you think they're, y'know... good for each other? I mean, you're their closest friend so I would assume you know more about it than anybody..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle Toshiki gave a light chuckle...

He...

Emotioned? He does that? I thought he was just a plot-character-Kai-cameo.

Well enough, he emotioned to Haruto who was spending his time with his nephew. He was in debt as Haruka should be too.

"Thanks for coming to visit, Haruto. It's been awhile since we've talked, huh? I never got to send my condolences about... you know."

Haruka raised his arm to blow the hair out of his face but he was basically unable to complete even that much so instead he made some somewhat whacky head movements to get the hair out of his face. Then tried blowing on it and that wasn't working either.

"A-Anyways. I needed to ask how you were doing. You never really got around to contacting me so I wanted to make sure you were okay, maybe if you needed anything? I know its probably a lot harder without him around, you know. Is there... anything...?"

Haruka's voice was cutting off here and there, becoming a mix of whispers and low speech. He was still very underpowered at the moment. Maybe he needed some buffs. The nerfbat had not done him well in his comatose state, it seems.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:34 pm

It was rather difficult for Haruto to see someone he considers his friend struggling to say anything especially when the words he said were of a topic that was rather tender to Haruto. It did strike Haruto as strange the way Haruka seemed so tired when compared to yesterday but for now Haruto reserved his curiosity, afterall it was hard to say much after what Haruka said or was trying to say.

"It's...alright Haruka really..." he said, as he helped move Haruka's hair away from Haruka's face. Haruto had not come into complete terms with what happened, he tried to put up a front but with certain people it's hard to do so. "I'm fine really I just did not want to trouble you until I felt ready to come back is all...besides it looks like you need help more than me man." he said, ending with a slightly joking tone.

"I'm sorry for not getting in touch sooner..i've been...busy I guess and with all the commotion that was happening I had to prepare myself for the worst, but what happened to you? wht caused you to be so..exhausted?" he asked, pulling a chair and sitting next to Haruka.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:12 pm

"Whether or not they're good for one another is...part of what keeps me here. The other is that I just don't want to be alone." Satoshi sipped his tea, his ringed hand resting on the table again, craving Mizumi's touch again.

"Haruka is certainly good for Ms. Workaholic, but the other way around, I'm not sure of. This way, I can make sure they're still together, or that someone managed to pick up the pieces."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:27 pm

"Well if she makes Haruka happy, I won't bitch about it too much... Oh, excuse my french." She shook her head, once more sipping her tea. She liked the atmosphere of the quietness of the room. It was nice to have a relaxed day for once---

"O-Oh no."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS: ATTACK ON KIZOKU

Haruka blinked, trying to find the words to say to Haruto before the broadcast of what seemed to be a reporter explaining destruction in Kizoku happening right at that moment. He blinked, feeling his heart sink. Debris and helicopters--- wait who was that in the heli flying by just now?

"A-Ah, Haruto... it isn't really safe outside right now. You can stay here for the evening if you want. Relax maybe? The big bads are at it again and all so I don't know if it would be okay to go out there--- Oh. M-Me? I've just been tired recently. Got caught in an accident with one of... those things. I'm sorry if I'm in bad shape right now, haha."

Haruka still laughed lightly, trying to convince Haruto everything is okay, but that he should probably stay out of the fight. It's really dangerous out there, after all. People getting erased from existence, etc.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:51 pm

".............." was Haruto's response to the TV announcement, he could not believe that this quickly things were about to go to hell nor did he want to think about what would happen if anyone he knows tries to fight....what if...

"I'm sorry Haruka...but I have to go...I might not feel ready or anything but I have to make sure they will be okay at least.....I promise I'll be back you get some rest." he said, as he dashed out of the house from the same way he entered.

"....I don't know if i can handle this...but I have to at least help..." he thought as he continued running towards the area where the situation is unfolding.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm

"Mizumi?..." Satoshi had no idea what made her suddenly stutter, but his inquiry was answered just as soon as it came to mind as the TV called out, once again, an attack on Kizoku, once again.

"Dammit...not again." He went to get up and go, because he wasn't going to miss another fight, but then something occurred to him.

He didn't have a Reality Bangle.

Satoshi sat right back down. He'd at least stay here with these two and try to figure out what to do. His rings glowed a little on their edges, a deep red, to signify his frustration.

"I'll stay here with you until it's over. I promise."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Mizumi tugged Satoshi along to enter the living room with her and the rest of the residence. The window was left open which is sort of odd... Regardless, they checked out the commotion on the television.

Mass destruction was widespread.

The Reapers, as Mizumi had gathered they were called by Sera, were at it again. She covered her mouth, listening to Satoshi's promise of staying with her. Her eyes somewhat welled up with tears of fear for the people in the town and importantly enough, Sera. He was in the fight and even caught on camera literally skydiving off of a 12 story building.

Haruka nodded in approval of such epic actions. Even evil can be heroic in desperate times.

"Satoshi, look... is that Yukino in the helicopter? Are they going to be okay!?"

Haruka had a distraught look across his face. All that came out of his mouth was, "Yu-ki-no..." He was obviously calling out to her, but his strength was stifled and absolutely drained. He would have to wait until another time to see her. Time was out for him for the day.... he soon passed out due to exhaustion as the news broadcast kept on the battle and mostly away from sight of Kraken. It made heads kersplode after all.

Soon things seem to change. As if the tide was changing... then the broadcast abruptly stopped upon the sharp metallic screeching of some sort. Probably Kraken. It was breaking up heavily, but what could be made out was further retaliation of the forces.

They were finally winning.

Mizumi was nearly in tears and had a giddy smile on her face. It was hard to tell her emotions but you could tell one thing; Mizumi was glad they were finally winning a battle. One she never thought they would.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:37 pm

The fact that they were actually winning this time was amazing. Sure, they were still taking on casualties, but Yukino and co.'s experiences seemed to pay off, despite the stress associated with such intimidating beasts.

This would be the third fight he missed out on, though, and a tide-turning one for all he could tell. Satoshi was still bothered he wasn't doing his duty to Yukino. But then...

"You know what it means when you swore your oath, right?"

A familiar voice coming from nowhere in particular but his head. Sephirot was paying him a visit.

"When you swore yourself to be the Protector...to be a part of Cray's story the way the Espoirs were, and many others have ended up being...you weren't swearing yourself just to her, you know. You were swearing yourself to the people of this Earth, too."

Satoshi's eyes looked from Mizumi, almost exuding tears of joy, to Toshiki, still stern as ever but his own eyes glued to the television, to the exhaustedly passed out Haruka, one of his best friends. All of these people were...just as important. Seph had a point.

"You're right in wanting to find another way. But in finding that other way, you might have to cross on some people you've held dear...to stick up for others you hold equally so. There's nothing wrong with that. You know this, deep down, my Vanguard."

That was the first time in a long time the farmboy had heard his guardian call him his Vanguard. This respect was something Satoshi felt obligated to reciprocate. His eyes wandered to his mark, glowing with a familiar energy. This wasn't dark energy, or energy stemming from frustration, but energy that reminded him of transcending the realm of possibility and bringing forth Demeter.

He closed his eyes briefly, then opened them again, looking back to the TV. Yeah, he'd find a way. His own way. Like he had since the return of Aqua Force. Even if it meant, once again, he had to cross paths with Yukino Espoir.

His other hand interlocked fingers with Mizumi's, as if to make a profound statement of "Right now, this is where I'm glad to be."

Truth was, that was indeed the case right now. A smile crossed his lips.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Mizumi leaned her head into Satoshi's chest, if not for balance, than at least comfort knowing everybody is doing well. Only few are taking casualties, but Mizumi was too blinded by the feverish joy of success among comrades. She almost wished she could've been there to assist, but she had a dopey little cousin to watch over and a man at her side to keep her company right now. Uncle Toshiki had also admittedly fallen asleep on the couch finally as it was closing to a dark night.

Sera was still applying lock pressure around the battlefield. It wasn't until now that Mizumi had respect for Sera's area of effect lockdown. As nerdy as she makes it out to be, he had well over.... 200 things locked in binds at one time, not counting Zodiac and Photon, or Ignoble Ray Dragon. He himself was doing his part, atoning for the wrongs he had done... he tried to destroy humanity once, he would save it now.

Mizumi gripped Satoshi's hand, placing head against him to finish her blubbering. She was perhaps too happy it was finally coming to a close, if even for a night. Things were turning up and she didn't want to tear her eyes off the screen, but she had to take a small glance at the guy who promised to stay with her right now. It was probably because of his that Mizumi wasn't curled into a ball on the sleeping Haruka crying into his shirt about how well his friends are doing right now. She has a story, albeit a bit goofy in a serious time, to be kept and with a person she trusts. That was enough for her.

"Thank you for staying, Sa-Satoshi..." She was still hiccuping a bit.

"Sorry you had to see me all like this, it's just, you know... Ah..."

She sniffled, regaining her composure, wiping her own tears like a big girl. After a few deep breaths she came back to her composure just a bit.

"Thank you. A lot."

The tea was cold by now, but Mizumi really didn't care at this point. Today was a win out of a thousand losses.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:59 pm

Having Mizumi close like this...seeing the success of his friends...all of this brought back watching the lost Hana Espoir a long time ago with Yukino and Haruka. These feelings...

Satoshi chuckled a little, stroking his fingers against her hands. "If it's any consolation...this is as much a confession as I can make in the meantime." He laid his chin on top of her head. "I want to get to know you, Mizumi. I really like you, and I want to help you, especially considering how much you've done for Haruka."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:13 am

Mizumi giggled a little.

"Okay. I think, no, I do like you too. It's been weird having Haruka back in my life after so long, he feels like a little brother to me. I want to take care of him. Having you there to assist in his recovery would definitely make him feel better and, while I don't like her that much... I'm sure Yukino would help him start recovering quickly as well, to be by her side if anything."

She smiled.

"Thank you for being here, again. I, uh, come visit again, okay?"

She didn't look up, somewhat stumbling over her own words. The normally bratty, talkative Mizumi had become shy and unable to speak. What a sight. Sera would never let this sit, not for even a moment. Once he cooled off anyways.

Haruka tossed in his sleep. What came out of his mouth?

"Cooooofffeeeeeee.... zzzzz....."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:20 am

Satoshi set her down in the chair as he got up to head out. "Yeah. We'll get dinner at that place in the forest, like I said." He grinned. "Hope you've got a nice dress."

His grin lowered back to a smile. "And...I'll see what I can do about Yukino. I probably still have to update her about Haruka, but...y'know, leave that to me."

With that, he set off back, giving her a light wave as he exited kitchen side. And even through the turmoil of the Reapers, he shout out loud to the sky:

"YES!"

His declaration of joy was soon followed by a quick text to the Chosen Sword. Everything was going so well, what could possibly go wrong after all this success to have this conversation?

Found Haruka. He's in good hands at the moment. He needs rest. Will take you to see him at some point, I promise.

In the meantime, I know you're likely basking in this victory, but can we meet? It's been a while since I was last around you.

Satoshi
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:01 pm

"Haruka, pancakes!"

"I'm fine, Sera got me a cupcake earlier!"

Haruka was seated on a porch swing out front of the Toshiki residence, enjoying the feeling of the breeze. It was the first time in a long time he was out of uniform and was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

He stared outside to the sky, letting his hair down. He's stopped tying his hair up now that he's off duty. It was a nice relief, after so long of being couped up and having help from his friends.

"Wonder how she's been..."

Haruka brushed his hair, eyes wandering the Hoshiko wasteland after it getting wrecked by Reapers.

"... I hope she isn't working too hard."

Haruka was a worrywart about Yukino even when he was the injured one. The irony.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:58 pm

"Of course she is. She's the Chosen Sword. She never takes time off."

Appearing almost out of nowhere was Seph, Satoshi's guardian. More than a year ago, he had attempted to reach out to both Yukino and Haruka about the disappearances of both Paladin factions and Kagero. Since then, while he was able to appear to them, he kept himself relatively incognito, only recently having returned to his Vanguard.

"You look comfy." Seph crossed his legs and assumed his normal floating position. "How've you been?"
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next