Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beach

+12
Nova Major
Doggy
NeoBuster
Dementuo
Xateramusa
Lightning King
EternalDollie
Angel
Rawkobo
BluishOver
Jello
Best Girl
16 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Beach - Page 6 Empty Re: Beach

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:38 am

Fubuki started stepping backwards. This man was disturbing. He was acting far too nice and knew far too much. One of Fubuki's hands gripped the sweater, a nervous sweat beginning. Nobody should know about her story beyond the one responsible and those close to her. Every word made Fubuki trust this man less. She was half-expecting him to ask her to follow him to some run-down building that nobody cares about.

"I don't believe you," she spoke, her piercing stare like ice.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:03 am

This was expected... she couldn't believe his kindness. He was doing his best to be genuine and trustworthy, but perhaps he didn't have the people skills? Kachidoki sighed, not upset with her, but himself for being socially awkward. At least, he thought he was. "My apologies..." he began, "however, I want to do what I can to make you believe me. I am allied with one who can affect time and space, one who could not only give you power for revenge, but possibly your friend back as well."

The samurai held his offering tone, but kept distant, to have her feel less danger if possible. Give her space, maybe he should take an extra step back for good measure.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:43 am

This was just getting harder and harder to believe. Allied with someone who can manipulate time and space? But. . . His claim. . . Even if it was impossible, far too good to be true. . . This was a chance. A chance to get her back, a chance to get back at her, and a chance to be happy.

"Fine. . ." Fubuki spoke, "Take me to this ally of yours."
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:17 pm

"I'll take you to Shop Handsome. You can speak with Harbinger there." Kachidoki informed Fubuki, offering to lead the way.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Karin sat at the far edge of the pier, feet hanging some distance above the water. It was nearly deserted today, only a handful of people scattered about; a couple people fishing further down, a few of the employees who run the pier's shops, and maybe one or two tourist-type people just here for the view. Karin held her deck box in her hand, staring down at the water's surface. "The water always seemed calmer this far out." She remarked to no one in particular (though she knew Solis had undoubtedly followed her). "No waves like on the beach's edge, no rough currents like in the middle of the ocean. It's nice. Sometimes."

She pulled out a copy of her new Overlord from her deck box, and turned her eyes to it. She scanned over every detail, every edge and line of the card, etching it into her memory as best she could. Its voice had grown silent since she left the shop. Perhaps that was simply because there was nothing that needed doing yet.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 pm

"The Aqua Force cultists I knew in my day would always remark on how different parts of the ocean and the tides they came with affected the minds of ship-goers." Solis replied to Karin, even if her words weren't directed at him. His hands were in pocket, red hair flowing about slowly and gracefully in the calming breeze. Hollow, teal colored eyes gazed off toward the nigh-infinite vastness of the sea, finding solace in the majestic view of this world's water. Though his expression stoic, it was clear he enjoyed standing here where he is.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:08 pm

"Aqua Force cultists, huh? Were they trying to convert you, or the other way around?" Karin made an attempt at cracking a joke. It was probably bad and in poor taste, but she found it a little humorous all the same. Slipping the Overlord back into its box, she got up from her spot at the pier's edge, and looked out in about the same direction Solis was looking. Karin's eyes still had a faint orange tint to them, a sharp contrast from their usual deep blue color. "I guess I found a pretty bad spot of the ocean, then, if I ended up like this."

Karin let out a long sigh. It was a bad spot for her. She was a member of the Resistance and had fought against the Reapers on numerous occasions, but now here she was, ready to serve them at a moment's notice. All because it was her Overlord's wish- no, her Overlord's order. And an order from him was something she couldn't bring herself to go against. "...What was it like on your side? Your world controlled by Reapers."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm

"Those damn fools were actually trying to convert me. Prattling on about Maelstrom being the supreme God and how the water controlled the circulation of life. Hmph, no one had anything to say when Overlord barbecued a number of the navy." Solis responded to the joke with an experience of how he was actually at risk of becoming a cultist of the aquatic clan himself. However, due to the ancient clash of water and fire, neither him or Overlord were going to let Maelstrom have them. The Dragon Empire's strongest would have nothing to do with the admiral of a washed up clan. The man smirked over the memory, particularly remembering the verbal contest between the dragons.

He kept quiet at Karin's next sentence, however. His expression returning to a stoic frown. He honestly wished she could easily sever her connections to the fools of this time that rejected nothingness, but couldn't expect her to so early. Perhaps, once she sees what it's like on a Reaper's side during an attack? Overlord will keep her whipped in the meantime.

"The third crisis that invaded my world... I and Overlord were the only useful ones. Even so, it was still an utter calamity. Harbinger herself appeared to show us what it's like to be helpless... the armored titan not even we could pierce."

His tone was solemn and defeated, with a hint of pride and arrogance for being a top-class warrior above the rest... that still failed.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:07 pm

"A reaper with near-invincible armor... If not entirely invincible, then... I guess it's little surprise why they've had so much success, despite us having found the way to kill them."

Karin pondered her counterpart's situation. Three crises struck his world, with the Reapers being the one he couldn't overcome. Karin remembered her own life three months ago, when she got dragged into the war against Link Joker and the Seeds from other timelines. Their situations, and their circumstances, were similar after all. They had both tried to fight against the Reapers. They had both felt that helplessness against them. And they had both been pushed down the path of destruction. "Hah. 'Apocalyptic' Flames, indeed." Karin muttered to herself.

Turning to actually face Solis this time, Karin crossed her arms, looking him over. He didn't necessarily seem as physically fit or buff as she did, but he didn't look incompetent or incapable either. For one of Overlord's envoys, he was surprisingly... plain. Average. But then again, the embodiment of Link Joker didn't look even close to what one would expect either. Appearances could certainly be deceiving.

"Hmm... Hey, tell me something. Do we share blood?"

Karin reconsidered the wording of her question rather quickly.

"Er, I mean... Do you have blood of a dragon in you too?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm

"She told me I was one of the those who lasted the longest against her, and I could not find a weakness at all. Overlord and I even discovered the weakness of their skulls, and still could find nothing that worked on her. To this day, I still don't know, and I'm the highest drone."

Solis expressed fear and discontent in his voice. Though he followed the god of death loyally, the fact that she had no weakpoint unnerved him greatly. Immortality was one thing, but invincibility was another. Pure invincibility not even all the power in the world could do anything about. And that was likely what made the redheaded shedevil so happy about this timeline. They were so eager after finally finding something to work with, but once they discover the leader of it all cannot be harmed...

Such is meaningless, would be directed at those who made speeches of hope.

"Dragon blood?" Solis questioned what Karin was asking him, somewhat confused by it. He wasn't even aware she had any herself. "I don't believe so." He followed up, certain he was as human as he could be after becoming a drone.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Karin looked back out at the ocean, a little surprised herself by Solis' answer, and a bit unsatisfied. "No? Huh... I guess it's just me then."

Karin put a hand to her chin, looking deep in thought for a few moments. Solis seemed loyal enough to Overlord, but definitely showed a significant loyalty to Harbinger, as well. But for Karin herself, her loyalty to Overlord was more than just that- It was like an urge, a need that she couldn't shake off. She had no choice but to obey. Where Overlord's voice boomed and inspired, Harbinger's fell flat (ignoring the fact that they may as well be giving the same order). Maybe that was why, Karin began to think, she was the way she was. Maybe it was just in her blood, and this guy from another timeline lacked that gift- and curse.

"Well, whatever. It doesn't really matter much, anyway."

Turning to leave, Karin shot a glare at Solis. "Don't misunderstand... I'll follow Harbinger to the end as long as Overlord commands it, but I still despise her, and her Reapers." Karin's tone sounded almost angry, dripping with hate and malice. Her stare was sharp and piercing, her orange eyes practically burning. "And if you're right about Harbinger being truly invincible, then my hatred of her and her kind won't matter anyway."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Solis kept quiet, watching the woman begin to live. There was a number of things he could say about her rejecting loyalty to the reapers was futile, but it seems she knew trying to go against that which cannot be defeated was a waste of time anyway. The man said nothing, giving Karin a look of words he wanted to say: "I'm sorry this happened to you" and "You both simply belong to her now". A breath of annoyance, he turned back to the ocean.

Overlord picked a useful servant that would obey his command as second nature.

Whether or not she was a good friend of his as well would be gauged eventually.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

"Our time has come. Go."

Karin sighed, putting her hands behind her head. "Guess that's our queue... Round four has started. I'll be going on ahead." Karin shot one last glance at Solis, giving him a half-hearted wave before dashing off towards the Reaper's location of descent.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:19 am

The normal relaxation spot for Haruka. He kicked off his dress shoes, peeled off the socks and popped the top button of his collar. He laid in the sand and stared at the stars. This was something he had been doing for years, to calm himself down. The sky was a palace of its own. He closed his left eye, and used his right hand as a gun shooting into the stars.

The waves were crashing onto the shore and Haruka's heart calmed down. His angst moved from his body and into the open air. Sera was on standby about twenty yards away, knelt behind a trashcan and a walkie-talkie channeled to Uncle Toshiki.

Thavas and Lambros stood a foot or so on either side of Haruka. Lambros was still cold about earlier today, and Haruka's attitude, however Thavas had already forgiven Haruka for his actions. The tension was dissipating in the Aqua Force finally.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 am

Walking along the beach was a red head (well his hair was pretty much orange but details), with one hand in the pocket of his skull hoodie, scratching the back of his head with the other sighing. "No luck anywhere. I wish they weren't so stingy with details." he sighed to himself before noticing another person on the beach (not the creepy walkie stalker but the guy laying in the sand), and decided to walk up to him waving, a massive... almost stupid grin plastered on his face. "Yahello there, I was wonderin' if ye could help me?" he asked Haruka in a rather thick Irish accent... Though somehow it was even easier to understand than it should of been. The fact that the boy was standing the way he was, there'd be a rather remarkable appearance to an all to familiar blonde headed dumbass.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:36 am

"Master Haruka?" Aoi, walking away from the chaos of a battle's aftermath in the mall, called out to the man in the sand. The curious lass approached him with a confused look. First Fubuki, now him laying in the sand. She didn't understand why people were so fond of it, didn't it mess up their hair and clothes? Maybe it was just the fact that she prided her hair and fashion to do what she could to keep them out of harm's way, unless necessary of course. Patting her ponytail and dress, she bent over to get his attention.

She didn't even notice someone else talking to him first.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:51 am

Sera's eye twitched as he reported in to Toshiki. "Two weirdos I've never seen. We're clear I think."

Haruka put his little hand, gun, thing down and looked at the two people approaching him. A Chinese Champion of Vanguard (who whooped Haruka's ass last time they fought) and an Irish Man who actually looked internationally famous to a degree. Haruka was in for... quite the treat.

"Evening, what's your favor, sir? Also, good evening Aoi. You did really good work last night, Lambros personally wanted to congratulate you on your efforts. Thank you."

Haruka sat up, brushing the sand out of his hair and off his button-up shirt.

"So, sir, what can I help you with?"

Haruka was trying his best to accommodate to both of the people talking to him. It was a tad difficult after only starting to recover.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:56 am

When Aoi showed up, not really intruding but more or less being slightly rude... To some people at least, the male just merely smiled. It was fine, they seemed to know each other anyway. Sides, he could wait. "It's fine, let the lass go first. Ladies first is a good rule 'o' thumb to live by. Specially when they seem as sweet as this one." a compliment. Might of sounded creepy, but it seemed this person was rather direct in a way so it could pass. "My name's Aedan O'Brien by the way, when ye're done with the lass." he still intended to wait, merely sliding his hands into his pockets.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:03 am

Genovious, ethereal, saluted to Lambros, giving him a silent "well done". Aoi, however, was internally freaking out over a master praising her. "I-I did good?!" Then it was externally. Her hands clapped together as an ecstatic expression painted itself. "Ah! I can't believe I really did good! But you were really good yourself, handling all those locks so masterfully, even when they're a big hindrance on our clan, and still doing so much damage! You're so cool and I can't believe you praised me!"

Genovious apologizes for the hopping fangirl who ran her mouth with a horrendous pun. His invisible hand grabbed the girl's head, and turned her to the Irish man that had approached. He was talking with Haruka too.

"Oh, sorry! I just wanted to see what Master Haruka was doing. Don't mind me if you were asking him something."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:07 am

Haruka sighed with a rather easy-going smile on his face. He nodded to both Aedan and Aoi, probably two of the more colorful people he knew.

Lambros saluted back, Thavas giving a dorky peace sign from behind his back.

"You can relax, Aoi. You're a master of the craft yourself, able to outmaneuver delete very skillfully with Odysseus' power. It was refreshing to see."

He gave a small applause of his own. The Aqua Force roared as two of the adepts of the clan were having what one might call an assembly, but really it was just praise.

"As for you, Aedan, I can help now if you need something. As long as Aoi isn't too offended by time being used elsewhere. Unless of course, whatever you need can be completed here... You aren't from around here are you? I feel like I might have seen you somewhere before."

He almost forgot. Haruka placed a hand out for a shake.

"I'm Haruka, by the way. Haruka Nakahara."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:14 am

"That's mighty kind of you lass, and it's no trouble at all." he smiled a thanks at Aoi before turning his attention back to Haruka, taking his hand and shaking it. "You're spot on. I'm not from around 'ere 'Aruka. I lived in Ireland until now." scratching his cheek and glancing to the side, he just continued to smile. "I'm also Ireland's Vanguard Champion if that means anything. Pretty small place though." he gave a rather odd laugh before continuing to smile like a mad man. "In any case, the favor I had was that I'd heard there was another Euro League champion around here, and was wonderin' where he might be? I don't really mind waiting however. I've got all the time in the world now, since I've decided to move here." his smile actually seemed to be growing, and he even bowed. "Ah, where're me manners? It's a pleasure to make both of your companies."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:31 am

Militiades gave an excited two-thumbs up in the gathering of navymen. Just like the rest of the clan, the Ripple forces were all hollering proudly, throwing Odysseus in the air triumphantly. The poor flash ripple simply hoped his fellows wouldn't accidentally toss him up and over the ship. Genovious told everyone to calm down and that went about as well as calming Aoi down. Aka: nobody chilled. Aoi was excited to still be complimented, then heard Haruka introduce himself to the other lad here.

"That's Master Haruka to you!" She added, demanding he get the respect he deserved. Though, hearing the man state he's yet another Champion that came to Japan caused her to perk up in interest. "Oh? I'm the Chinese Champion: Aoi Undyne! Good to meet you!"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:40 am

T-Two champions.

Haruka was sweating under the collar. It felt like everybody he knew these days was prominent and famous and it really made him feel inferior, until he remembered the presence of Lambros and Thavas. They wouldn't let him feel inferior. He relaxed, smiling and ready to talk... until Aoi just said to call him Master. These were the quirks with people that made their title a little less terrifying to Haruka.

Sera shook his head in disappointment. A text from Karin appeared on his screen, calling him out to the place they usually meet. He started walking off the beach path towards the other side of the city and into the Outskirts for a quick reminder as to why he was here. More sorrows to share. His mood called for it anyways.

"You're looking for Cero Kirguis, King of the European Circuit and French Vanguard Champion."

Haruka shrugged as being able to tell where he is often becomes difficult.

"The Cardfight Vanguard Training Area is your best place at finding him. It's that-a-way."

Haruka swiftly pointed his hand in the western direction, down the coast and through Hoshiko. His sense of direction was really good when the wind was blowing. Which it was tonight.

"If you need help finding how to get there, you can contact me here."

Haruka handed him his business card, as a barista from the Espoir Mansion. It felt really official to have a business card, and especially since it was coffee-scented. He stretched out his back, listening to the waves crash again, only realizing now...

"Aoi, why are you here? It's really late to be at the beach. Like. Way too late at the beach."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:45 am

"It's never too late to be near a large body of water!"

Yes it is.

"I was trying to help with looking for survivors and stuff for a little bit, then I came out here to relax, but then I found you!" Aoi answered his question with delight, the chipper little scamp reporting that she was an upstanding foreign citizen to her idol. Keeping on a friendly, yet almost childish smile, she proceeded to ask him the same thing: "What are you doing out here? Why were you lying in the sand?"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:48 am

"Oh, another champion here? And far more good looking than meself or the French Champion that's for sure." still direct Aedan, calm it down. "It's an absolute pleasure to meet ye lass, and you as well 'Aruka." taking the business card, he smiled shrugging. "And it's fine, like I said. I've got time to burn. It'll be awhile until the next championship anyway. 'Sides, you two seem more fun to be around. I've 'eard some pretty nasty stories about 'im. Then again ye can't trust rumors to much anyway." he gave a sheepish laugh scratching the back of his head. "Say if it isn't to much trouble, do either of ye mind if I hang out with you two? I've yet to meet another person really, so I could officially say you two are my first friends since movin' 'ere."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum