Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messiah Scramble Arena

+11
NovaRaizer
Doggy
Nova Major
Xateramusa
NoelKusanagi
EternalDollie
Dementuo
Jello
Cipher
NeoBuster
Best Girl
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Messiah Scramble Arena - Page 2 Empty Re: Messiah Scramble Arena

Post by Dementuo Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am

Karin was... shocked, to say the very least, by Yukino's sudden change in apparel, but moreso concerned for the woman's sanity. She'd been with Yukino when she nearly collapsed in the snow the fateful day Karin saved her life. She'd watched Yukino transcend beyond the Reapers' deletion and cleave an arm off Harbinger, only to be erased shortly after. She went through the same hell Yukino did as Nemesis, forced to fight against the Resistance, giving them false hope and destroying it right after, no matter how much they hated it. And Karin had fallen right alongside Yukino when Leviathan first awoke and devoured their planet whole. They'd faced enough nightmares and despair to last them both this lifetime and the next several. But the look on Yukino's face, struggling to keep her last few shreds of dignity, told Karin one thing.

This surpassed all of that.

Just as she had witnessed Yukino transcend time and space to become Exculpate the Blaster, she was watching her figure transcend reality, and she looked beyond divine. Enormous globes that Harbinger would envy, and hips that made her look like the Messiah herself. If Yukino held her pom-poms up at her shoulders, one might even mistake her for a reincarnated Messiah. Even when under her influence, Harbinger never managed to look this obscene- If Karin didn't know any better, she might have assumed Harbinger was the one behind this charade in the first place.

Karin couldn't help but avert her eyes and pray for a hasty end to this spectacle. She'd seen Yukino almost die once, actually die once, and face the pit of despair at Leviathan's hands more than once. She didn't want to watch Yukino die again, especially on such a grand stage as this.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Sovereign chuckled in his sleep.

--

Kishi had been doing her utmost to maintain her composure, resorting to clenching at her sleeve as she normally did when the world began to annoy her more than usual, but this was too much. Seeing one of the Grand Sanctuary onstage in such an appalling outfit, shaming both Yukino herself and the Grand Sanctuary as a whole, made Kishi feel like puking, almost. This was beyond the sickness Liberators could ever strike her with, and it surpassed any annoyance she'd ever experienced before. This was truly a disastrous day, for Yukino and the Sanctuary both.

Kishi stepped forward, raised a hand, and snapped her fingers. The resounding crack echoed across the entire stadium, piercing the ears of anyone within the mile. A single moment of silence followed her snap, before she spoke.

"Enough of this farce! This is what the future generation desires? This is what you came here to see?! Fools, all of you! This... This is a sham! You pieces of "idol" filth are a disgrace upon mankind! This herd of sheep of an audience, even more so! I reject you, Yukino Espoir! I reject this crowd! I reject this event!"

Kishi's words echoed loud and clear to all who were present, and anyone could feel the seething hatred burning behind them. Kishi had grabbed her sword and pointed it directly at Yukino when she called her out, but quickly sheathed it after, sliding it back into its proper place at her waist. Without another word, the Black Knight turned around and disappeared into the stadium's interior, refusing to watch another second of the scene that had unfolded.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 am

Jellal walks down the hallway with his sword resting on his shoulder in the grip of his left while his other hand held his deck. The hall was dark with a bright light at the end of it. Each foot step echoed as he saw other people strolling and running past him, some were pumped and motivated, others were in deep thought, much like himself.

"So today is the day..."

"You feeling alright from yesterday? Surely you'll be good to fight right?" Blaster Dark appeared beside his master, with Jellal's purple eyes darting towards his partner.

"Yeah." he said before his eyes went back down. Blaster Dark continued to stare at him as he remembered what took place yesterday, playing in his mind.

FLASHBACK

Jellal jump off the elevator and read the note handed to him by the hotel receptionist.

"Room...905... 907.. 909..." he counted with each passing foot step. "911... huh..." Jellal then took another look at the note with Blaster Dark over his shoulder.

"Room 919 is down the other end." The dark knight said while lifting his sword, pointing to the opposite end of the hall. Jellal smiled back at Blaster Dark and ran down the other end, leaving behind a smiling Blaster Dark. As he got to his door, Jellal pulled out a hard plastic card and positioned it into a slider on the door from the bottom of the card. Jellal slid the card down, causing the red light on the card reader to go from red to blink green. The dark-blonde grabbed the handle and turned it down while pushing onto the door. His room was dark with little light from the rays of the sunset, piercing through the curtains of a giant glass window with a patio on the outside. As he pressed his hands against the wall and started to fondle it, hoping to find a light switch, the door behind Jellal shut and locked itself.

"Would think there'd be a mini light to make things a bit visible." he said out of frustration while cautiously taking steps.

"You can't see in this darkness?" Blaster Dark chuckled.

"Nah I'm just doing this as part of my aerobic exercise."

"Oh, finally. Because good lord, you're always out of breath after a 2 minute jog."

"Quiet!" Jellal shouted as he felt his fingers connect with a switch on the wall. He lifted his hands, his fingertips pressing up on the switch, which engulfed the room in brightness. "Hey,
would you look at that."

"I mean..." Blaster Dark chimed in to reign on Jellal's accomplishment. "Most of us, in the Shadow Paladin: can see in the dark. It's a standard to be able to be member of our clan."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, I can... show you. Surprised I never taught you this earlier. It's really handy. A lot of our missions are done covertly, so it'd be a pain to not be able to fight in the darkness. It isn't just our creed that exists in the darkness, just as a heads up." Jellal continued to observe the room after taking an interest in Blaster Dark's proposal. He saw a King sized bed, with a rather large HD TV, estimated 52' flat screen. There was a large fan/heating system on the opposite wall where the head of his bed was. Next to the TV, was a desk of sorts with a few propped up cards and papers and in between the desk in TV was the true treasure.

"Oh shoot, they got a fridge!" Jellal ran towards it and looked inside. "WHAT!? NO FOOD? WHAT KIND OF HOTEL...?" Blaster Dark let out a satisfactory laugh, almost sinister that would've made a toddler cry. Jellal's expression, certainly matched that toddler.

"That's what you get!" The dark knight continued laughing uncontrollably as Jellal got up, slamming the fridge. He walked past his avatar who was trying to hold himself together, his hand was covering his face with his head tilted upwards. Jellal crashed onto his bed and proceeded to start laughing with his avatar. They laughed for ten minutes straight.

After calming down, Jellal was drinking out of a soda can, Blaster Dark looked back at him. "So, shall we continue from earlier?" Jellal continued sipping out of his can, before pulling back and taking a loud belch. He sat his can down and folded his hands together in his lap.

"I'm... kinda nervous about seeing people from back in the resistance. Friends, allies, anyone really." He finally admitted, as Blaster Dark stood in front of him. "I mean, you already know: I'm kinda shy of people anyways."

Blaster Dark shook his head in confirmation.

"But specifically, with them. I just feel during that time,
it was a pretty horrible time. Especially since I had amnesia, I started bawling like a baby, and it took Aoi and Maelstrom of all people, to get me back on my feet. I just want to forget all of that, and I don't want people to remember me for that either."
Jellal picked up his soda can and continued to drink the last half of his can, gulping down each.

"But... aren't they your friends?" Blaster Dark asked. Jellal finished his can, crushing it in his hands and tossing it into the trash. His head was kept down, in deep thought while he was searching for another soda can from his backpack.

"I mean... I haven't talked to any of them ever since they finished." Jellal cracked open a grape soda and took a swig. "Only like 2 or 3 people while I was there but, can you really call someone a friend if you haven't spoken to them for a year or two? Besides, I don't want to go searching for them either. I just want to play in the tournament and that's that. Not for fame, not for recognition, just want to enjoy myself and start fresh."

"This social anxiety of yours..., I hope you grow out of it. I feel you should go out and socialize more with the other fighters, let them know who you are and solidify a friendship, especially those that have pre-existing friendships. You don't have to stay secluded." Blaster Dark said while staring at his master.

"This coming from the 'Shadow Paladin', who does everything in the Shadows."

"What does that mean?"

"Is there really a difference in what I'm doing from what you've spent the majority of your life doing?"

"Hmm. You're not wrong." Blaster Dark said while turning his back on Jellal. "However, it's because of my experiences that I believe you shouldn't completely remain in the shadows and be secluded from your friends." He turned back around and placed his hand out towards Jellal. "If you want them to forget about what happened, then make new memories, but that won't happen if you're always away in the shadows. Especially considering your goal."

Blaster Dark was right. Jellal needed to understand that despite everything that has happened, Jellal shouldn't turn his back and live a life of seclusion. To achieve his 'goal', his mission for Vanguard, Jellal needed to establish a relationship with all of his friends to let them know he's always there and that he's dependable.

"In the mean time, just know I'll always be beside you. Regardless of who you face, I'll be there as your partner." Jellal looked up in Blaster Dark's jade eyes as he smiled with a wide eyed expression. He reached forward to the hand that was in front of him and connected. A flash of multiple memories entered Jellal's mind: all of various people whom he had come into contact with: friends, family, enemies, rivals. "Don't forget them."

FLASHBACK OVER

"Yeah, I mean, I got the ultimate partner on my side." Jellal said confidently looking at Blaster Dark. The dark knight closed his eyes and faded into Jellal before they stepped out of the hall into the Arena.

The bright light of the sun started to expand as he placed his hand and arm over his eyes to block out the light. The crowd showered the arena with their voices. Jellal proceeded to step forward to the center of the arena where the rest of the fighters were. He saw many familiar faces but didn't want to make it obvious that he was staring at them, or better yet, avoiding them. He kept quiet and stayed to the back while Blaster Dark's words, "Don't forget them." echoed in his mind. "I won't. Because I know I'll have to fight them head on. And I don't plan on running away from a challenge. We all fought on the same side once but in this tournament, they're all good fighters and rivals: and I
don't intend to hold back on my opponents."
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 am

Yukino could only whimper pathetically, reduced to mere sex appeal as she hid her redder-than-Overlord face behind her pom-poms. "Give it up for your Legend Generation Leader: Yukino Espoir! But watch out, boys, her husband's right in the arena! In fact, he's participating!" Tomozo was evil. She wasn't Harbinger, but she was still EVIL. No one is ever letting the Chosen Sword live this down, despite Bashiro and Gastor being sent flying by said husband seconds within the redhad's message. The two actually skid across the ground and slammed into the wall together.

To them, it was still worth. The scars left by Haruka's unyielding rage would serve as reminders for the glorious happenings of today.

Ow.

Meanwhile, Jessie no longer knows who Bashiro is. He is refusing to acknowledge what just came out of his brother's mouth and in-fact silently praised Haruka for laying down the fiercest smackdown of the law he could on the two degenerates. "Don't encourage Bashiro or be like him." The young Hakaisha advised Tamo, having not forgotten the howling. He probably did it just to be part of the fun, but still.

"Hey!!" Aoi finally took her attention from Yukino, bewildered by her complete makeover as Carlos called out to her. "Of course I remember you! Good to see you!"

At least she wasn't reading too into it.

Now that Yukino had made her embarrassment quota of the century, a bright light suddenly flashed from the sky. The laughing, cheers, and whistling stopped immediately after Kishi Kurokiba - the Black Knight of the Grand Sanctuary let loose a deafening snap with speech and as a majestic presence beyond man was felt. Initially, they thought the light was conjured by Kishi's incredible finger snap, but a deity of heavenly prowess began to descend instead, mankind finally seeing it's godlike entity tied to Vanguard in the day. Numerous detached wings spread outward, practically blanketing the stadium's open sky. A staff in hand with sharp, irregularly shaped legs, the God's thin structured body unveiled itself for the eyes of mortal to gaze upon in awe. Crescents shaped at its shoulders, two worlds rested in place - fixed in their positions at the sides. While difficult to see, the figure had an eye-less face to meet with.

That face filled Yukino with an infinite amount of relief after being scorned and rejected by one of her superiors. This wasn't her fault, she promised.

"Greetings, children of man." The Divine Power: Salvation of Creation - Messiah had graced the world with its appearance. "I am Harmonics Messiah, the aspect of Creation who will be overseeing the proceedings of today as the next step toward our future." Its voice was... angelic and feminine, soft and warm with an absoluteness only an emissary of above could carry. Its wings closed, fitting properly into the arena as it stayed afloat to the left of the trophy. And to the right... a portal with the imagery of a clock opened, revealing the scarved alien-esque peacemaker who had made his identity known to man already. Being the forerunner of the newest addition to Cray: Gear Chronicle, Divine Power: Mediator of Time - Chronojet had arrived, levitating next to his godly equal. "I am Chronojet Dragon, another figure who will be overseeing with mankind's blessings, I surely hope." Unlike the Messiah, Chronojet was humbled, feeling grateful for even being in the sight of humans.

"Yes, six godly entities known as Divine Powers, and two of them have joined us today." A large man spoke from the Association's VIP seating. The friendly neighborhood Buddhist: Zahvi. He had a very bulky figure with closed robes, his dark skin and closed eyes making a keen impression with the spitting image of Buddha. "Hello, everyone! I am Zahvi, the leader of the natives residing upon his humble island. This tournament is very, very special and all of you have good reason for partaking for more than just competitive reasons." His voice was kind and dignified, but not refined. He sounded akin to an elder, but looked nothing like one aside from his big stature.

"Indeed." Messiah nodded, the Divine Powers facing the trophy. "Children of Man, I congratulate you for surviving a crisis unlike any other - the Era of Void. Now, all that is left is to truly mark the worlds with your new beginning. Use this week to close the book on history forevermore as you march forward."

"With the revitalization of Stride and Gear Chronicle," Chronojet chimed in. "Mankind must go further. There is Generation Breaks One and Two to your knowledge... however. For your victory, the lead among those who triumph will receive a power beyond that and the ability to shape the future unique to yourself.

Generation Break Three. And those with an image beyond even that... further power can be obtained.

The prize you fight for is a future molded by your hands and power relative to your triumph as an individual."

This was a critical event. This is almost akin to a world tournament with the prize being even more power with the glory of victory. It would be a prize molded by the Gods' approval of the top player for the top player.

"Erm... yes, right." Yukino finally got a hold of herself, trying to ignore the horrific occurrence and cleared her throat. Taking the microphone, she called for a commentator at the ready with his own seating area and equipment table. He'd be the overall announcer for the event, but she had to get the rest out. The Salvation of Creator waved its arm out, conjuring the holographic screen of empty brackets for the Chosen Sword. "Eyes here, this will explain the tournament proceedings. They will be best of single games through single elimination with no second chances. This Messiah Scramble is one-on-one confrontations in a traditional format you are all familiar with. There is the A Block and the B Block, which will naturally converge and meet at the finals. The victor, as stated, will receive a future beyond the current limit of images, possibly even further than that depending on the person. Your character is key and I am sure it has been polished through the years. There will be two passes for players and the entirety of the tournament will occur over the week, ending in three days.

Today, Rounds One and Two will take place, moving along quickly through the beginning winds."

Yukino explained the details needed to know as the screen showcased the two blocks, using animations of some empty squares being crossed out while others have red lines showing that they've advanced. A red and blue light meet at the end of the animation from the two blocks and a golden line is shown as the victor.

"The decks you've polished will shine for this very week. Whether you plan to stay with them or evolve even further, the fact of the matter is that for the deck you're playing: this is its biggest event. Display skill with no peer and ascend to the summit of the champion."

"Don't forget we've gone through a lot of effort to really get you guys going." Tomozo stopped the music with a sly smirk. A vein of relentless fury instantly began to pulsate at Yukino's temple. She was going to scream death-threats, but Fuki and Koga grabbed her, pulling her back as Tomozo continued. "And as you guys go on - giving it your all - we will too! I'm finally reunited with my sisters after a long conflict, so I'm really gonna enjoy it as much as you guys! Here we go!"

Somehow, someway, they were completely undaunted by Kishi's scorning. They took "you can't please everyone" into a very literal term and Tomozo's trifling managed to let her brush it over. Fuki laughed a bit nervously, actually affected by it, but Koga only giggled at their success.

Familiar music began to play, and Yukino was forced to quickly try and pull off dancing to the idols' pace and structure. She's never done this before and only learned in a short amount of time what she could. With her assets bobbing and jiggling about, this nightmare wasn't over yet. The Messiah released a shot of light, letting it explode into the sky as fireworks went off in ceremonious harmony as the idol group plus Chosen Sword sung beautifully in rhythm with it.

That hand -
Draw the Card
- that attracts a miracle
Ride On!
Call Out!
Stand Up!
Believe!

"To the next stage!"

With the commentator and Chronojet's declaration, the brackets were quickly filled with every participant and their placing. Tables shot upward to the stadium grounds through machinery as hoards of screens appeared for everyone to see any and all action-packed games they wanted. The fighters ran forward, searching for their opponents as war broke loose.

Let the games begin.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 am

The young spirit accepted his boy's scolding and calmed down while Bashiro was busy being killed. But something else stopped the beast even more effectively. A bright light with two heavenly beings appearing. Messiah and Chronojet, two beings the spirit had seen in his past life yet did not remember now. Still the power was unsettling and yet demanded silence and respect. No barking or whining could be done here. Even if the words didn't make sense they were filled with power.

Tamotsu began whining as the message concluded. He sat down in front of Jessie and just stared his boy in the eye. The look spoke of concern, the dog wanted to protect his friend and didn't think going near the divine powers was conducive to that. He hunched over, looking sad and hoping Jessie would ask him to go on a walk with him instead.

-----

Kachidoki was able to look again as a light caught his attention. The Messiah's advent was breathtaking. And yet here he was face to face with the two beings responsible for brining the world back into existence. Harbinger had succeeded in ending it all yet the others fought and these two beings condemned the world to continued suffering.

But his anger aside, the appearance restored some semblance of honor to the event. The man seemed intent on defeating his first opponent. But more than that there was a drive. He wanted to win it all. He wanted to defeat all of these people who had felt the future was worth fighting for, stand to receive this gift of "Generation Break Three" from the very beings who prolonged his pain, and then throw it in their faces. He would make his point to the gods who toyed with his life. And then he would challenge the Chosen Sword herself and show the world their hero was nothing.

While the thoughts filled his mind he called his own sanity into question. The ideas were appealing but far from realistic. But at the least he spoke something of it to his allies. "We should show them it was a mistake to invite us." he said calmly, a bit devious though.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:57 am

As everything subsided, including his ears ringing from the snap from Kishi, Seifer turned to see something... Unreal. Actually something that caused him intense pain, but he didn't show it, more because he was awestruck by the magnificence of it. The Messiah? Generation Break Three was mentioned as well. Is that what his sister meant? Turning his attention to the idols as the brackets and tables sprung up, he breathed in deeply. Suddenly it was a free for all, and he made his way to his first match: Neo Isamu.

"Seifer? Hey! It's been a long time, how've you been!"

"...I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"You don't remember me? It's me Neo!"

"Yes, that's what it says on the bracket, but no I don't remember you. Sorry."

"Oh, well you may not remember me, but I'll make you remember with my fight!"

The fight started off awkwardly for Seifer. Yet someone else who knew him, but he didn't know in return. However, past the awkwardness, the battle was standard, with both steadily riding to grade three, Neo on one Seifer hadn't seen before. Oh well, he'd just have to respond in kind and just fight, for himself... or for his sisters however he wondered?

"Dark wings, shadow this battlefield. Ride, Revenger, Phantom Blaster "Abyss"!" okay maybe he was getting to into this, considering he himself said he didn't want to be here. But the feeling of the opponent across from him, the cards in his hand... The excitement of a fight, maybe he missed this feeling. One of the cards in his hand began to glow softly as he withdrew it, placing it into the drop zone.

"Generation Zone, Release! Dark Knight, Grim Recruiter!" He struck viciously, only to be stopped by a perfect guard, halting his advance and ending his turn with hardly any real progress. On Neo's next turn however, he struck back just as hard, even removing two of Seifer's units from the drop zone out of the game, unable to be used, and making Legion harder. Moving on to Seifer's next turn, he strode once more...

"Guide me to the right path, the right future. Answer my call! True Revenger... Dragruler,
Revenant!"
he cried out a plea to an inner dark light, and the phantasmal dragon responded, roaring at the Narukami dragons laid before him, and using all of his might and power pushed back against Neo's fight... with the feeling of static crackling in the back of his mind from summoning Dragruler, a pain shooting through his mind, which he ignored as best as he could. Moving on to Neo's next turn however, Seifer's resolve almost wavered, as Neo summoned Dragonic Warning, a powerful aura exuding off of it, which crushed his front row in one fell swoop. Gritting his teeth, as the rear guards powered up from Neo's attack, Seifer formulated a counter attack, legioning Phantom Blaster Abyss and Blaster Dark together... and devastating his own field, so that he could get around that monstrous stride... but it was to no avail.

Yet another dragon with an overwhelming aura appeared, and powered up Neo's own front row, just for Seifer not having rear guards in his front row. He took the first blow, and made sure to Perfect Guard the Vanguard swing, which pulled a critical and stacked on the rear guard that was still standing. Seifer received a heal trigger in response, which left him at four damage to four at the start of his next turn... However, before drawing, he assessed the situation. He had almost nothing to come back with... No grade three to ride or stride with, until pulling the top card of his deck.

"Mordred..." the silver haired young man spoke the name of the card he had, before quitting, called his avatar, staring down at the elf he now held in his hand. Shutting his eyes, he though back for a moment to his conversation with Haruka. How maybe he was wanting to be here more than he would like to admit. And... Maybe that was true. Maybe he really wanted to be here, and despite always having lost, he loved this game. Maybe...

His eyes snapped open, giving Neo a hard stare. "For my sisters, my brother... but most of all for myself. ...I cannot lose!" the card in his hand, Mordred Phantom, began to glow softly as he put it into the drop zone, bringing his hands together and... in those imagining the fight would seem to glow with a bright purple light.

"Answer my will, and guide me to the future I seek! Stride, Generation!"

The Mind's eye of the fight seemed to explode, as a massive black dragon, wielding a double sided spear descended behind Seifer, the hesitance now gone from the Cardfighter. "Dark Dragon,
Phantom Blaster Dragon "Diablo"!"
he cried out the name of this dragon, which responded in kind by howling, shaking the very air around it. Calling both forms of Blaster Dark, Seifer decimated Neo's field to where he only had the Vanguard, and one unit left before beginning his assault, and when the massive shadow dragon attacked, it's eyes began to glow, as three units were removed from Seifer's field.

"By sacrificing my own units, I force you to retire two of your units if you wish to guard.
If you cannot... Then you cannot guard my attack."
Neo had nothing to retire for the cost, and thus, Seifer flipped over the first card of his deck. "Critical Trigger. All of it's effects go to Phantom Blaster Dragon." flipping over the remaining two cards revealed nothing, but the attack was still three critical strong... and Neo's Vanguard was enveloped in void energy, before exploding... with Neo's damage checks revealing no heal triggers.

Visibly shaking, Seifer extended his hand across the table, shaking his opponent's hand and making a promise to try and rekindle their friendship, which he didn't know existed.

Seifer took a victory, not only in the tournament, but for himself.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 pm

A shadowy force stood atop the coliseum's outer ring, silhouetted by darkness in broad daylight, yet still going undetected. The Divine Powers temporarily vanished as to not obstruct anyone's view, so they were not around to do something about the malicious presence looming over the event. Within the purple mist, one could make out the figure of a woman, the fog coating her pale, white skin - near ghostly white hugged by a golden, sleeveless uniform. Outfitted with a skirt, the enigmatic entity was dressed like some sort of highschooler... save the armored gauntlets and greaves at her arms and legs. A black visor sporting protruding horns at its top covered her eyes, a purple light softly emitted from underneath. Her gaze piercing through the blindfold, setting sights on multiple targets, especially the bluenette singing and dancing with the idol trio - Generation Rare.

"What an entertaining festival... my darling Meister." The evil's voice was alluring, filled to the brim with malice and mischievousness. "Huhuhu..."

And down below, Jessie Hakaisha had gotten a hold of himself, preparing to find his opponent... but... The sight of the Divine Powers made him uneasy. Chronojet Dragon was kind to humans, but Harmonics Messiah appeared only at the finale where Divine Power: Leviathan had to be put down when at the edge of extinction. People should be excited that Gods walked among them, interested in their progress and results... yet he wasn't. He was disturbed - not at all at ease and knew should something happen... "... Okuri..." The brunette had his companion's deck of Great Nature in hand, but the name he spoke carried a level of grief, knowing the painful memory that came with a sash in his other hand. It also had joyful memories which outweighed the sorrowful, though... Gripping the sash tightly, he turned to the young Tamotsu and spoke quietly: "Sorry... I thought it'd be better if you could enjoy your days as a normal dog. For you and us, we'd just be two knuckleheads and their dog. ... But I can't help it. I can't help but missing the spirit thing I met that went out of its way to protect and care about us. It sucks... but I need you. I'm always going to and if something goes wrong, I can't let you just stay like that to try and avoid it all.

So, here." The young Hakaisha set the deck and sash down in front of the reincarnated Okuri - Tamotsu. "You'll know what to do, right? You always do." Having grown up into more of a cynic, Jessie couldn't take it easy with deities appearing. The peace he valued for them can easily crumble, and he couldn't bear leaving Okuri in blissful ignorance.

Meanwhile, the Messiah Scramble immediately blistered with heat, "As we begin our specially created World Tournament, First Blood has been drawn by young Seifer Espoir - utilizing Shadow Paladin to combat Neo Isamu's ferocious Kaisers!!" The announcer took over for the other officials, especially with Yukino too preoccupied with her cheerful dancing, despite not wanting to be up on stage. The normally tranquil Isle Jigen resounded with the roars of the crowd, many cheering for the young Espoir while congratulating Isamu, being awed by Revengers still at their prime and the absurdity of Dragonic Kaiser "Warning"'s powerful skill. Hana sucked on her teeth in minor annoyance, having wanted the attention of first blood. At least it was her brother, but she didn't intend on living in his shadow like she previously did Yukino's.

King Artorias - who would've followed Kishi out if he didn't have to watch over his scantily-clad subordinate - folded his arms and crossed his legs. Enma doing the same, though in a much less dignified manner than his friend. In a way, it was most certainly the image of royalty next to common townsfolk. "It has yet to appear." His Majesty noted, eyes peeled for the ulterior motive behind his tournament. They were looking for something, and it wasn't among the participants currently going at it.

"They might've been one of the Byes." Enma noted. It was likely, given there were two Byes, but neither of their names were revealed on the brackets. By process of elimination, Sophie and one other player were left out of round one. The monarch's blue eyes focused intensely on his surroundings while his comrade scanned over the current player roster. "As expected, the new Espoir guy made it through. Ah, that sucks though, that Neo guy had so much fighting spirit! I gotta talk to him when I get the chance, he's pretty different from Europe's King of Vanguard - despite having the same deck." Enma added, going on about the event.

"You ought to focus on the task at hand before that."

"I know, but we should keep our eyes on the competition too. We got promising players from all over the world, you know? It's exciting to see them all brought together."

"... I suppose."

"Come on man, just agree with me for once without the begrudging tone."

"Heh."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Kao’s head perked up at feeling some dark and turned to xat who nodded and looked around for the sorce of that darkness the divean power still was over the arena and the trail was cery faint to track the aura. xat sliently got out of her seat and walked twords the outer most part of the arena away from the fights, and summoned one of her murakumos who knelt before her. “please go and find that dark source.” she asked it and the unit nodded before dissapering to find the source as xat contunied to walk around the promiture.

”you know if you were in your true form you probly could find it easer.” kao said to her and xat shook her head. ”i dont think theybwill accept my true form after all kitsunes are know for tricks and deseptions.” she replyed placing her hand on her sword in case she needed to draw it.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Tamotsu seemed to be listening intently as Jessie spoke to him. He didn't understand the things his boy was saying but he waiting to hear one of the magic words, preferably walk or good boy. But none of those things were said and his friend seemed to be bothered by something. He was holding somethings in his hand and one in particular caught the dogs eye. Jessie set the deck and sash down before the dog and Tamotsu got excited at what to him looked like a makeshift leash. He looked at his boy briefly before sniffing at the cards and sash.

Sniffing soon turned to the canine getting his nose under the accessory. He raised it off the ground with it resting about his snout which looked a little silly. Eventually he grabbed it with his teeth and managed to throw it over his neck. He seemed happier as he turned to the side hoping Jessie would tie it up and start the walk. Nothing seemed to be happening.

But then the sash nearly stood up on end as it tied itself into place about the dog's neck. A howl of pain sounded as Tamotsu began shaking his head back and forth violently. The sash was in no way tight about his neck but it seemed to be hurting him. He wanted to get it off but nothing he did worked. The dog fell over, shaking his body every which way he could hoping to make it stop.

The spirit's body was not in pain but his mind was in agony. Thoughts and memories were flooding in. Words suddenly made sense to him. That wasn't right he was just a dog. Dog's didn't know human speech. How did he even know what speech was? Things kept flashing through his mind. Scenes of a mountain and many different cities. They seemed like his memories but he knew they couldn't be. He was a young pup, born not even three years ago. He hadn't done any of these things.

As the ongoing stream of centuries gone by poured back into the dog's mind, he eventually pressed his face up against his boy's body and began scratching at his head with one paw as he whined and moaned. He was just a pet dog. Jessie and Bashiro were his family. And yet, he saw them. He saw them from before. Things he'd never experienced yet he'd done with them. His leg had been hurt and the boy got him help. He saw it, it was him, but it wasn't him. What was happening?

The dog opened his mouth slightly, his jaw and tongue moving as if there was something he could do that everything the pup knew told him he couldn't. And yet in a voice that would be unmistakable, if a bit younger and less deep, to the younger Hakaisha came the pained words, "Je-Jessie... help... it hurts... My head hurts...Ma-Make it stop..".
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 pm

"It's almost my turn." The dark figure murmured, moving about the ring at the top of the stadium, setting her eyes on one of four targets. With the Byes unrevealed, she had four possible opponents. A spirit, Meister's new boytoy, a boneheaded athlete, or a girl coated in an invisible aura of Void. She knew several were looking for her, but she paid them no mind, further hiding her human form within the black mist.

On the surface - in the middle of the arena, Jessie felt his heart begin to race in explosive anxiety. Shit, what did he do?! Tamotsu was suddenly writhing in pain, and he wasn't sure if he should've yanked the sash off or let it continue. He needed Okuri, but not like this. "H-Hey...!" He couldn't even really figure out what to say. The brunette looked around for his older brother, but in his stupidity, he had gone about all this after Bashiro had left to find his opponent. "Aw... fuck... U-uh..." The boy dropped to his knees, sitting closely to his friend as he... he didn't know what to do. His hand moved subconsciously to rub and pet the canine's head, as if that would help soothe the incredible migraine because of the sash. "O-Okuri... Okuri...!" The previous name used for the wolf spirit kept being called out on impulse and panic.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:13 pm

The dog's whole body tensed at Jessie's touch then realized what was going on. The boy was calling his old name. That's what he was. He wasn't a normal house dog. He was an Okuri Inu. An ancient being. The memories he had seen were all his. He had lived countless lives. He had met Jessie in a previous life. Then came the images of the last bits of his previous life. The spirit had asked his boy for the life he had been leading. A simple life as nothing more than a pet.

The flow of information seemed to slow. The memories had all found their way back into the dog's mind and while they were all still wildly out of place, the spirit's mind seemed to be catching up to make space for it all. The storm calmed as Jessie continued petting his head and calling his old name. His body relaxed and sort of collapsed into Jessie's lap for a moment.

He was still conscious but his breathing relaxed and the shaking stopped. Slowly the canine opened his eyes and raised his head to look at his boy clearly. Most of what he remembered remained murky. But he knew enough. He had fought with the Hakaishas in a past life. And upon the end of that life he had asked to be Jessie's pet and receive a name. "Tamotsu." he said to correct the panicking child while also licking at the boy's nose. "You named me... like I asked. Thank you." he said with a soft smile reminiscient of those the spirit had shown in his past life. Tamotsu then rested his head against his boy's chest taking a moment to appreciate the current calm in his mind.

"I need you to think for a minute for me Jessie. What's going on here?" the spirit asked, wanting to understand what all had happened. He had experienced the introductory events of the tournament but everything felt different and out of place now. He needed to hear it again with this expansion of his mind and experience in place. But thinking felt painful at the moment. There were so many thoughts, emotions and memories waiting to be reexplored it felt like touching one would set off another chain reaction he wouldn't be able to handle.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Jessie nearly choked on his own fright when the wolf spirit kind of... slumped in his hands. "Oh, shit!" The boy swore, ready for a meltdown until he heard his friend's breathing somehow buried within the chaos of the tournament. Gritting his teeth, he was still extremely concerned and confused until he heard Okuri speak again and correct him. His name... was Tamotsu now, not Okuri. Just as he requested at the ending celebration after the legendary era's climax, Jessie named him. He's supposed ot be using that name, but, "S-... Sorry... I couldn't help it." His tone was filled with a great level of relief, seeing that his friend was okay after the painful convulsions.

So now came the explanation.

"Well, uh... You see..." This was difficult to put into words. Not the bit about needing him, but the tournament itself. "Bashiro and I... took you along with us to this place - a tournament... and signed you up. But those god things... Jet and Messiah appeared, like how Messiah showed up in the Reaper Invasion. I thought something was gonna be up and... I thought it'd be good ot have your help."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:48 pm

The information seemed to match about what Tamotsu remembered. He recalled the boys packing for something and realizing they were probably going away for a while. He hadn't wanted that so he made a fuss about coming along. And here they were in the tournament. What he couldn't understand was why they would sign him up if he wasn't himself. But the arrival of the god like beings who had helped end the Reaper War had obviously unsettled the child. The spirit himself was worried about their presence now that his mental faculties were coming around.

Tamotsu saw his deck still on the ground and went to pick the cards up with his mouth when the sash moved ahead of him and picked them up for him. He had forgotten they acted as pseudo limbs for him. The control was natural and instinctive as the dog sifted through his old cards. As he fiddled with the sash more his old wallet fell out of what seemed like hammer space. Well look at that, endless cash was back. He quickly tucked it away back into the folds of the accessory and it seemed to vanish. His focus returned to the deck. Each card brought memories with them. Portrayals of friends who had helped him fight for the planet. Upon arriving at the g units he seemed confused. He hadn't had these cards. Someone seemed to have been maintaining his deck for him.

"So... a tournament's started and I'm in it. And the gods themselves seem interested in the results." Tamotsu began wondering aloud as he stretched and stood. He shook himself and took inventory of how he was feeling. Did he even remember how to play vanguard? No way to know but to go for it he supposed. Looking at the brackets the dog saw his name and smiled as a warmth filled his chest upon seeing the Hakaisha last name after the name Jessie had given him.

His opponent in the first round was one Haruka Nakahara. "Haruka..." he mumbled. "I know that name. I know the person, I just can't place it." he said as he ran a paw over his face again hoping he could shake the memories into place. It didn't matter. He had the rest of his life to try and sort things out. For now, his boy needed him. "Let's do this Jessie! I wanna fight you at the finals!" but there was a little issue. He was a talking dog. That wasn't exactly normal. But thankfully he remembered being able to do an old trick.

After focusing for a moment Tamotsu was able to project a false image into the sight of the unaided eye. It was that of a young human boy, perhaps only twelve years old with bright blue hair matching the spirit's fur color. He seemed proud of his work until he realized he'd forgotten to give the projection any form of clothing. Whoops. Dont look audience. Some more focusing and he finished the process this time and could pass for a young human. Though one might wonder what someone so young was doing in the middle of all this. The spirit seemed to recall being able to drop the illusion for specific people but for the life of him couldn't think how to do it. So the human form waved goodbye to Jessie as the dog jogged off to find Haruka. The likelihood of that all working seemed highly unlikely as the form seemed to blink out of existence occasionally showing the dog's true form for moments at a time.

He was gonna need a lot of time and practice to get back to his old self.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:55 pm

The unit serched high and low for the person with dark aura as well as xat who bit her lip walkong around with kao looking back and forth, she soon wa bear the tornament grounds and taking a quick look at the barackets saw the byes. ”could it be one of them?” she asked kap who surrged and looked twords the stands making sure no one was around and went into a little place where she could not be seen. once she made sure she was hidden took off her neckless and transformed into her true form.

”the willo wisps will come in handly.” she said and using her tail summoned some. ”go and find that aura and report back to me.” she commanded it and watched as they took off. she then quickly put back on her neckless hoing back to her other form before returning to the stands.

the wisps searched high and low making sure they couldnt be seen.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:30 pm

And so the beginning of Round One was underway. Haruka was pitted against someone by the name of Tamotsu. He shared a last name with the brothers Bashiro and Jessie, as the players introduced themselves this became abundantly clear to Haruka. Regardless of this, the fight was underway and the clash of Vanguard started. It was the legendary clan Aqua Force pitted against the bastion of knowledge Great Nature from the Zoo Nation. Haruka was familiar with the clan if only due to an old friend he once fought that had a similar clan in their arsenal.

Rage from the earlier display of his wife and her... jiggling... cursed his thoughts and, in a sense, put his entire game on tilt from the very beginning. His ability to judge calls was off, as seen by his riding a 6000 Power Vanguard and calling the booster to a rear where it was unable to boost, causing his attack to whiff against Tamotsu's 7000 Power Vanguard. Conversation broke out between the two, memories colliding against one another. It seemed as though Tamotsu had began to have vivid flash backs of not only Haruka, but this particular fight in a sense. As if this archetypal battle was imprinted into his mind. Haruka and Tamotsu made it a mission to retrieve these thoughts as they clashed onwards.

Triggers were hidden beneath the waves for Haruka, as zero were shown during Drive checks throughout his first three turns. Tamotsu was the first of the two to unleash the Generation Zone, striding in Eternity Professor, Phoenicialux. With its ability to grant rear guards power, on top of two Critical Triggers planted directly onto Lambros, Haruka was facing a lethal situation early on in the game. The memories of Tamotsu were flooding back but nothing was surfacing. In an effort to show this future to Tamotsu, Haruka devised a new strategy. He disregarded victory... for it was not victory he sought anymore. If he could push Tamotsu a step further into the bright lights, just inch Haruka's name back into place, then it would all be worth it.

Haruka released the Generation Zone as well, striding in the Marine General of Sky and Earth, Lambros. It was the future of his Grade 3 where he was beyond the days of myth, now a legend immortalized. Haruka knew the full effects of the card wouldn't be able to surface due to restrictions, but he pressed on with a successful assault anyways. No triggers were shown here either, but it mattered not. Tamotsu was in awe, and Haruka was slowly recovering from his earlier rage. Unfortunately, the damage he needed to deal wasn't here and the game was swiftly going to be brought to a close by Tamotsu's final stride of Omniscience Dragon, Managamr. With his ability, similar to Phoenicialux, to power up the rear guards and grant them an even great skill of Guard Restriction, Haruka found himself guarding with every last card until all that remained in his hand was Thavas and Milos, neither of which fit the requirements to guard the last attack. The damage was dealt, and Tamotsu was victorious in Round 1.

His memory cleared, and he began to remember his friend. Haruka Nakahara was clouded less by the fog, and his face came into view not as a name to decipher but as a friend to reimprint into his heart. The fray was slowly closed and Haruka smiled at his defeat, chuckling even realizing a friend he once thought lost to eternity had been returned to him. The small blue dog leapt into Haruka's arm at a burst, Haruka transferring to momentum into a swing as he hugged the ball of fur and pet him close.

"Welcome home, Oku— err, Tamotsu. It's going to take some time to adjust, sorry about that." Haruka grinned, setting him down and looking up the stage where his scantily clad wife remained. He noticed the change in the scoreboard, Seifer having claimed victory over Neo. It seemed the Rounds were escalating in pace, these two being only some of the earlier ones to finish. Haruka looked to Tamotsu, kneeling to his height.

"Next time you see Bashiro, tell him Haruka isn't done with his attention yet." Haruka smiled a grim, eerie smile, turning to look up at Yukino once more. Veins of his fist were visible through the white fabric of his gloves.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Tamotsu knew from the start that he knew the person before him, and not just from earlier when he'd tried to say hello. Haruka Nakahara was a familiar name and the presence of Aqua Force, Thavas and Lambros in particular, were sure signs this was the person that his memories were trying to tell him he had known. As the two rode their early grades they would chat and try to make sense what each was feeling about the other. The spirit was doing okay at maintaining his illusion but it faltered briefly still at times. Riding to grade three and eventually striding proved to be strains on this effort to stay concealed.

Triggers proved to be on Tamotsu's side as the game progressed. His first stride revealed two which gave him an advantage over his opponent. However he wasn't sure if he was prepared for the oppresive power of the legion he had fought years before. As it happened, Lambros' power from the future arrived as a G Unit. Haruka's turn proved inneffective due to triggers not arriving but the dog was mesmerized at the evolution. He knew this person and he knew he did.

During the fight Haruka asked him if the name Okuri meant anything to him. Haruka knew the old him! They did know each other! They'd done all of this before. And with that the spirit dropped his illusion to the awe of the audience. He didn't particularly mind what they thought of him, he wanted to remember his friend. And so with Chatnoir's help he strode again, this time unleashing a creature that had learned all there was to learn. Managarmr, an Omniscience Dragon. With the power to Duckbill and Mikesaburo and the skill that prevented grade one or higher cards from guarding, Tamotsu secured the finishing blow.

In an instant, memories crystallized. He had fought the man at the Chronicle's Eve tournament in the past with the reverse result. He had spoken with the man several times throughout the Reaper War. He had asked him about how to talk with the units of Cray. It was his help that allowed him to eventually speak with the foxes. How could he have forgotten?

"Haruka... you're my friend!" he yelled out at the fight's conclusion and ran as fast as he could to the man. He jumped and Haruka grabbed him close and spun him around before setting him back down, welcoming him home. Then he said something about having unfinished business with Bashiro. Tamotsu was confused until he saw the man look towards his wife, Yukino.

Oh no. The words made sense now. Yukino was... thicc. Embarrassment filled the spirit immediately as he looked over at Yukino again. He'd loved several human women in his many centuries of life and the gravity of the situation hit him now that he had his mind about him again. Yukino's appeal was not lost on him now. This was his friend's mate, it wasn't appropriate to be thinking those things about her.

"I-i hope you and Yukino are doing well friend. Your mate is really pretty... you're lucky to have her..." he said trying to comment on it without being rude like Bashiro had been.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Karin's first fight of the tournament was against... Cero. Wonderful. Karin had mostly bad memories of the King of Vanguard, ranging from their very first meeting inside of the Resistance HQ where she dropkicked his face, to the time they encountered while Karin was still a drone, to when they both swapped sides, shortly after Karin's reawakening. It seemed like no matter where they went, they wound up butting heads over and over. Such was the rivalry between Kaiser and Overlord, she supposed- it wasn't like the parallels weren't obvious as it was.

On the other hand, Cero was pretty helpful during the Reaper Invasion, even if he wasn't technically affiliated with the Resistance. So, maybe he wasn't completely bad.

Though, it didn't take long for the sparks to fly anyway, once their match actually began. They were both heated right from the get-go, agreeing on just one thing: Their fight would be a showcase of their power for the New Generation to witness, one of the few interested they shared.

Both of them rode to their respective "true forms", Cero riding Dragonic Kaiser Crimson, and Karin riding Dragonic Overlord "The X". Having gone second, Karin was the first to perform Legion, calling Dragonic Overlord The End to her side- and although she had a copy of The End ready to restand her vanguards after their first swing, Cero guarded her attack completely.
The Kaiser followed suite and performed his own Legion, the ghost of Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion taking to the field. He was just shy of his Limit Break, but his attacks were fierce regardless, pushing Karin to four damage, and clearing her board of rearguards.
It was the following turn that Karin put their new power to the test- the Generation Zone was released, and Karin strode the first Kagero G Unit, Divine Dragon Knight Mahmoud- One of the units portrayed in the advertisements for this tournament. The power of the heart-enhanced Vanguard with a Triple Drive was too much to guard, and with a few more rearguards called to aid, Karin wiped Cero's field right back, and pushed him to four damage as well. The score was even.

But, strangely, Cero never strode. Maybe it had been her comment near the start of their match, where she referred to the Kaisers as "cornerstore knockoffs". Maybe she wounded his pride again, maybe he was trying to prove the Kaisers' strength. Whatever his reasons were, though, Crimson's and Vermillion's "Legion Break" skill was just a hair short of a G Unit's power on its own. At no cost, the twin Kaisers could strike the entire frontrow, and with just one Soulblast, they matched a Stride's twenty-six thousand base power. A perfect guard from Aermo ensured Karin survived, but her frontrow was wiped out, and a Crownholder Dragon paired with a Risei handed out large power boosts to both of Cero's frontrow rearguards. Karin took her fifth damage, having to guard the last attack.

It was here, on her fifth turn, that Karin strode her "Ace"- literally. Dragonic Overlord "The Ace", the stride that had been called to earth two times before in the past, made its appearance for the first time under Karin's command (a moment she'd been very excited for). With the base power of a Stride and for a cost of losing a drive check and discarding two cards- one Overlord and one other card- "The Ace" could perform the Overlord's signature restand, regardless of if it hit its target or not, on top of adding an extra five thousand power upon its restand. Karin was betting everything on this stride, having discarded one Overlord in her hand for her perfect guard the previous turn, and calling the over to the frontrow to clear out Cero's own frontrow. Even top 5 check from Red Pulse whiffed, and Karin was left with a huge risk.

Cero guarded the Vanguard's swing, two to pass.

Karin's first check revealed a Critical Trigger. Not an Overlord.

But her second check... Revealed The End!

With an Overlord arriving at last possible moment, Karin restood her Vanguard, and attacked the Kaisers once again, with a Two Critical vanguard. Cero couldn't guard the thirty six thousand power swing, and the game was hers. Just barely scraping by, Karin had toppled the Kaisers.

Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down after a heated battle, she gave Cero a confident smirk, and gave him a thumbs-up. "Don't worry, you've made your point, Cero. I can see the Kaisers are no mere knock-offs." To the rest of the world, she was smiling with pride after overcoming a truly worthy foe.

To Karin, she was smiling with relief, because Cero never Strode Warning.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:35 pm

The crowd hollered with hype and upset, round one alone making a huge impact on expectations for the future. Jessie, who had been caught offguard by his revitalized companion, heard him say he'd like to fight him down the line. The sudden burst of energy was a bit jarring, but the brunette was happy nonetheless. "Yeah!" The boy shouted, running forward to find his opponent. Little did he know his foe was so far out of his league, they'd write books on how thorough the thrashing was. And some upset fans were ready to burn books and merchandise. Not only did two people drop out, but Europe's King of Vanguard and a Beacon of Light: Haruka had both been defeated... in round one no less! Cero's fans were taking it a lot harder than Haruka's, despite the duel between Overlord and Kaisers being hugely even, especially with both of them wielding revival legions: Legions that used two Grade Three units on the Vanguard Circle. As for Haruka's... well, some kept hope and some others had some quips.

"Eeeeh, Haruka lost?!"

"To Great Nature...? Man, that bites."

"Yo, what's up with that, I thought he was good at this game."

"He must just get lucky every so often. Probably how he landed his hot wife."

It was a group of delinquent teenagers, so Haruka shouldn't feel too bad... Meanwhile, Karin and Tamotsu's victory drowned them out. Great Nature was finally being represented in a grand light while Overlord "the Ace" was huge with the fanbase.

Lucky for the neanderthals, Yukino didn't hear them badmouthing her husband. In fact, she had been released from Hell's grip and allowed to exit the stage. Though, she was advised to keep her outfit on in case of an encore. While she knows she could take Tomozo on a head-on confrontation, she'd get overpowered with Koga and Fuki added to the mix... At the very least, she was getting out of this skirt. Slipping her shapely legs into a pair of blue sweatpants for the time being, then fitting her arms through the sleeves of a blue sports jacket, Yukino was dressed enough for her cheeks to finally un-redden. She... reluctantly kept the crop top on with a sigh, and walked out of the changing room. The Chosen Sword finally took her place at the VIP seats with her superiors and the friendly neighborhood Buddhist: Zahvi. They greeted her, though King Artorias' tone filled with clear annoyance.

"Glad to see you didn't die of embarrassment up there." Enma said, friendly as he patted a hand onto her designated seat.

"Kishi didn't come back...?" Yukino asked, quietly thanking Enma as she took her seat.

"Of course she didn't. And if I trusted Enma enough to keep watch over you by himself, I wouldn't be here either. You looked like a disgrace up there." Artorias quipped, wasting no time grilling her for her slutty uniform. Even worse, she still had half of it on! "That's too much skin!"

"It wasn't my idea... I was outnumbered... I'm... sorry."

"Come on, Arthur. You two should cut her a break. It's not like she wanted to be up there - she clearly wasn't enjoying herself."

"Hmph."

"You sound like her dad."

"I do not!"

"You sound exactly like my father."

"You should chill, Arthur. Grey hairs start early the way you act."

King Artorias almost blew a gasket and more at Enma's remark, which he chuckled at and Yukino giggled with.

"This is a fine spectacle. You've all picked some powerful contenders." Zahvi praised the association's representatives, who all nodded, appreciating the sentiment.

“Round one only grows more and more intense in incredible ferocity! The strongest fighters of nations gathered here today in celebration for the newest, greatest evolution of Vanguard! And see them adapt! The coming Stride Generation is looking bright thanks to the naturals of the legendary era!” The commentator emphasizes the hype surrounding the event as he stands, lifting his foot up onto his desk as he hollers into the microphone, praising the combatants for how smoothly the power to transcend has blended with their strategies. Fans of champions from different nations roared while the home-fielded Japanese crowd waved about their merchandise of their hometown heroes. Banners with names and cheers rolled out, held up high as the white-hot flames of competition burned throughout the stadium. The directors and sponsors watched carefully while Generation Rare encouraged the players with their mesmerizing cheers and dances. Yukino’s cold, focused gaze were directed at her sister and others performing exceptionally well. This tournament is the scene of the utmost professional and those who overachieve will be the ones to rise in the coming era. That is her firm belief and she won’t budge as she sits, armed folded and legs crossed trying not to be distracted by the embarrassing thought of her own makeshift idol performance.

Speaking of idols, a lot of eyes were on the younger Espoir sister: Hana who was previously one of the national champions of Japan. With her first official event signifying her return to the world at large, she faces off against the rogue-ish brawler Bashiro Hakaisha in a duel between Bermuda Triangle and Narukami. With the ultra powerful True Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Turbo, one would believe the thug had an overwhelming advantage with such efficient board clear. Interestingly, however, that does not seem to be the case as unleashes vibrant assaults through multiple attacks that return her units to safety - her hand. Bashiro comes across an issue that he notices very quickly as he curses, “Shit. Conquest Dragon’s Generation Break Two gives me full power because you have no front row, but you still have all that hand to guard with! Never thought a bunch of fishes would be a pain in my ass. Learned something new thanks to you, pretty lady.” The man gave a grin with his snarky remarks, letting the adrenaline coursing within continue running its course as the wind blew. The bluenette - his foe - gave a confident smile.

“I had proof that I was the best of the best, you know. Narukami is strong, but I’m just stronger.” Hana radiated amazing confidence - bordering arrogance as her triumphant statement called for screaming cheers of fans that laid dormant for so long until her return. Masterfully did she keep Bashiro at bay for most of the game, being able to safely endure his humongous attack powers later on. For her, in her ready stance, being prepared and outplaying her enemy was as natural as breathing. Her edge over all players in the event was the Stride tailored to her avatar: Twinkle Star Happiness, Pacifica and the Generation Break Two of School Etoile, Olyvia. A perfect lineup of Critical Two monsters from the getgo that aim to decimate the opponent through harsh pressure. Against Bashiro, this tactic worked all too smoothly as Brawlers built no advantage and easily fell behind. It was a swift finish as Bermuda Triangle stood victorious over Narukami.

“Isabellaaaaaa!!” Fans called by her idol name. Hana gave Bashiro a kind smile, while the older gent could only chuckle and laugh it off.

“Christ… Had I known people I didn’t even know were this good, I’d have passed on playing… Well, I got to see some action from all sides, at least.” Bashiro spoke, defeated and accepting he was out of his league entirely. The difference was vast, despite him feeling motivated to do well for the bodacious idols.

“You have a really good deck and a great sense of connected plays. You’re just...  hm.” Hana complimented Bashiro as they approached one another for a handshake. “You’re a pervert.” The younger Espoir smiled, having properly dissected her opponent’s character. Despite her positive expression, it was obvious she thought it a waste for someone’s talent to be used to attract women instead of anything better.

“Hey, I’m just a guy who knows what he wants.” Bashiro shrugged, not denying it but feeling a little bit more resigned with Hana being able to judge his personality in so little time.

“Fair enough.” Hana responded, shaking his hand in a show of sportsmanship. Bashiro seemed happy enough but alas, the fate of the Hakaisha brothers showing their stuff through this incredible new beginning was to be short-lived. Jessie - the younger of the two - was paired against a monster from the start: Solis Guren’ou. The ancient sun warrior took advantage of the young Hakaisha’s inexperience, purposefully retiring his rearguards by effect to bait him into using counterblasts. Through the power of Perditions, Solis proved that he was still in peak condition as he effortlessly destroyed Jessie through denying him plays. Indeed… through the fight, anyone could see plain as day that Jessie was a part of the new generation being built up so much for the coming new times. His sense of flow and ability to outplay are poor, and he focuses on his own explosive plays rather than playing to stay ahead or not give Overlord the Great more fuel through having a frontrow.

It was a total defeat for Tachikaze.

“W-Woah…” Jessie stared in awe as the silhouette of the God of the Sun enveloped by flames stood in silence for a moment, letting the boy absorb the ferocious image and engraving it into his mind.

“Remember what you’ve seen here and what you will see here, as it will serve to be a guide of where you want to be.” Solis advised, knowing the difference as soon as the fight began, and yet… he gave a smirk. Though this tournament was for the world of pros, new faces like his participated anyway. Those new faces will experience the turbulence of real fights and grow into renowned warriors. Satisfied, he made no quip about the future and instead felt joy that those who fought for it have a bright one ahead of them. After all, Jessie was a member of the Resistance and he… one of the leading Reaper Drones that stood against humanity to end the world.

Those foes from the legendary era still walk, and they still fight for their own reasons.

Even when paired against one another like Chrisaline and Gastor. The former was known as a psychopath who wielded the most wicked of a long-rejected clan of invaders while the latter is the very essence of a jock - the leader of Spike Brothers. Oddly, the one playing Megacolony appeared to be on the ropes while the Spike Brothers player was ahead… but not for long. She who should have been in rehabilitation for a longer period grinned maliciously as the shadow of insanity silhouetted her gaze. “No matter how you go about it, a meathead is still a meathead, Gastor… But meatheads aren’t a big deal with broken limbs!” Chris mocked as she slammed her G Unit down onto the fight table. Carapace Mutant Deity, Machining Destroyer… the ability immediately made it feared as one of the strongest G Units in the initial Stride scene. It has the ridiculous power of stunning the vanguard…!

“Allow me to explain!” The commentator announces, having sat back down in his chair. “When a G Unit becomes Stride over the Heart card - the Vanguard underneath the G Unit, it appears in the same state as the Heart card was in! So! If the Heart is resting, then the Stride too will rest on appearance!” He explained the ruling for clarification’s sake as most - if not - all viewers were baffled by the strength of such a bordering completely unfair card. Gastor expressed his shock as his sharp teeth clenched together, seeing the sadistic Chrisaline - his comrade - wickedly hissing as the insect abomination chained down Bad End Dragger.

“You have no choice but to ride a grade three… and waste your Break Ride if you want to Stride or immediately make your legion play. But you won’t have the hand for it~” Chris sneered with a bright smile, almost radiant in how child-like it was. The sick pleasure she took in this was blatant, and Gastor only snarled.

“Your tactics won’t keep working on me, Chris! You can’t bully me forever like you did years ago!”

“Is that so…?”

And she was right, Gastor took out a chunk of his hand that wasn’t dedicated rearguards or Stride fodder. Yet… Gastor gave a broad, toothy grin - baring his shark-like teeth as sweat rolled down his forehead. “H-Heh... “

“Burned out?”

“No, just… excited. I’m gonna have to use that move.”

“What move?”

“Just watch!” Gastor howled as he slammed a new Grade 3 down onto his vanguard circle, pointlessly procing his Break Ride with another one, then striding. “Divine Hand, Good End Dragger!” A legendary Bloodball player of a potential future appears at his summoner’s call, then the summoner’s hand calls upon an entire squadron of players, over the stunned and injured rearguards. Chris kept a humored expression as Gastor gave a type of grin that whispered: I will humiliate you. Gastor had no hand left, sparing only the cards he absolutely needed for this ridiculous gamble. Good End Dragger had no skill for attacking or giving any rearguards a boost, but instead… it rode a Grade Three from his deck as rest and called one to open rearguard circle.

And that was the play.

“It’s open rearguard circle, but I don’t have any open, so I ride the rest of the grade threes as rest! Meaning Double Break Ride!”

“Excuse me…?!”

“By riding two Bad End Daggers atop a third, I ride twice while Good End resolves! At the end of it, I Break Ride twice, choosing the remaining Vanguard! And as such, by the effects of my Limit Break, all of my attacking rearguards will get twenty thousand power!!” Gastor explained the cleverness of his loophole play that left Chrisaline in shock, along with spectators whose jaws have dropped from the insane combo play. The judges - being the hosts - quickly cycle through ruling books to confirm it is a valid play and the crowd goes wild while Chris is bombarded by completely unguardable attacks. It was only two more attacks, but they were insanely high while she was already high on damage. Her gleeful grin broke into a furious frown as she was defeated by the surprise combination.

“Damn you, Gastor!!” Chris’ tone was violent and appropriately filled with incredible rage.

“Alriiiiight!!” Gastor bellowed, basking in the afterglow of victory with the underestimated Spike Brothers.

With several fights of round one completed, Yukino stood, albeit slowly to not excite anyone any further while still stuck in the cheerleading uniform. “Continue pressing on, Vanguards of Exceptional Skill! Those who have progressed to round two may begin immediately!”

“You heard it here folks, find your next opponent on the standings, and proceed with your next incredible matches!! For the two players whose opponents did not show up, you may proceed just as well!"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 am

The appearance of the two Divine Powers, Chronojet Dragon and Harmonics Messiah, here personally to observe the tournament, was more than a bit of the surprise to the Kaiser. After all, during the entire Reaper Invasion, they hadn't shown themselves until the very end. Though, the Kaiser didn't think about it enough to realize anything was off beyond that. The prize on offer, the power of "Generation Break Three" and to "shape the future unique to yourself," and the was of no interest to the Kaiser. To be handed that power here by the Divine Powers attending would be an insult to the path he followed. He would achieve that power on his own, without their aid. What he was interested in from winning this tournament, however was... He looked again at his rival, having forgotten the horrible get-up she was in only to immediately be reminded of it and turn away in anger and shame.
Hopefully she wouldn't be in such horrendous attire when their fight came.

As he attempted to ignore the existence of the idol group during their number, Cero began to wish he had brought a pair of earplugs. Every second of it was a reminder of the cause of his current anger and embarrassment. However, once it was over, the brackets were announced, and that meant it was time for the tournament to begin. However... his first opponent was Karin Ouriel. The Kaiser bit his lip, his frustration only intensifying. At no point had he ever gotten along with this woman. Since their first meeting, they had always been in conflict until the very end of the Reaper Invasion. Though, Karin was one of the few people in this tournament that he acknowledged the strength of, as well as her title as Overlord. At the very least, this fight would be an incredible display of power for both fighters.

Before the fight had truly begun, Cero was insulted by Karin's mockery of the Kaisers. To call them "cornerstore knock-offs" despite their power, despite the fact that Crimson had appeared before Cross, was the last insult Cero was willing to put up with today. The Kaiser swore a silent oath to himself. He would defeat this woman without the power of Stride, solely with his own power. The power of Crimson.

From the very start, the fight was tense. Triggers were flying from both sides, but when both of their True Selves entered the battlefield, the fight between Karin and Cero finally had its true start. Riding to Grade 3 second, Karin was the first to Legion. Calling forth The End from the past and adding another copy of it to her hand, she swung at Crimson only to be completely stopped by Cero's guardians. Cero responded in kind, calling the ghost of the presumed deceased of Vermillion to his side and attacking, following his silent oath of not striding. Even without stride, he was a force to be reckoned with and pushed back against Karin as hard as she had pushed him.

The next turn, Karin unleashed the power of stride and wiped away Cero's field and dealt the fourth damage. However, Cero did not respond with his own stride and continued to use the power of his Legion. He activated his Legion Break along with Crimson's soulblast, allowing the Dragonic Kaisers to rival the power of Stride. With Risei, Crownholder, and Ruglas on the field, he struck forth with his full might. While it wasn't enough to end the fight here and now, Karin had been pushed to the brink.

But Karin wasn't done. She unleashed her true "Ace" Stride. With it, she refilled her own field that had been decimated by the Kaisers' last attack and charged forth. Without a Perfect Guard, Cero was forced to guard for only two to pass on the Ace's first swing. If no crits appeared during these four Drive Checks, his survival was sure. However, during the first drive check one appeared. The Ace swung again, this time with Cero unable to guard. Another critical trigger appeared. However, Cero's eyes didn't waver as he looked at his damage triggers. To lose round 1, even against a worthy opponent, it was unthinkable. He was being watched, not just by devoted fans from Europe, but by the young child who he had seen incredible potential in. With her watching, the Kaiser was perhaps even more determined than he had ever been in a tournament. He was going to draw the last two heal triggers in his deck. There was no other option. Losing in front of her could not happen. Especially not the first round.

The first damage check... A critical trigger. Five damage.

The second damage check... He gripped the top of his deck. The possibility of defeat wasn't allowed to even be acknowledged. He flipped the card.
It was another critical. The Kaiser had been defeated. Sadness and disappointment were almost visible on his face. He did not return Karin's smirk or thumbs-up. He simply turned away, saying only a single word: "Good." As he walked away, it was clear that the audience was not happy with this result. The devoted fans of the King of Vanguard were outraged. The number of times their King had been defeated in public were incredibly small, and his record in the European Circuits was a 100% win rate. Some of the more zealous ones even stood up and tried to accuse Karin of unfair play, shouting from the audience that she should be disqualified amid the many boos from those in Europe, having seen that their King hadn't used Stride once during the fight. The fact that they had been evenly matched without him using it only made things worse. They were positive if Cero had used it, if whatever Karin had done to make him not use it hadn't happened, the King would've had a clean and easy victory against this fighter who, to them, was a complete no-name. Some of the fans of Kaisers in general joined them, in an attempt to denounce Overlord. Others who weren't so entranced by the King of Vanguard's status cheered on the incredible fight, happy that the iconic Overlord had defeated the Kaisers. The crowd started arguing, but before any of those running the tournament could intervene, it was interrupted by a very loud sound from the arena itself.

"SILENCE!" The Kaiser's voice boomed, louder than the complaints of the Europeans. He glared fiercely into the camera that had been recording their fight. This was the result. Karin was a worthy opponent. She had won fairly. The fault of Cero's defeat lied with no one other than himself, and he accepted that. It didn't matter who was happy and who was unhappy with the result. It wasn't going to change, and he wasn't going to allow his opponent or his fight to be tarnished by these pointless squabbles. His single shout was enough to silence the booing and false accusations. Once he was certain it wasn't going to start again, the King of Vanguard exited the arena in solemn silence.

-

Fubuki was also stunned by the appearance of Chronojet and Harmonics Messiah bringing her laughter at Yukino's situation to an end. More so by Harmonics, as during the only time it had shown itself during the Reaper Invasion, she had been dead, so this was the first time she had witnessed its divine presence. She began to sweat a bit, fearing the worst with the appearance of two Divine Powers. The announcement of the prize intrigued her, however. The power of Generation Break Three and the ability to shape the future unique to you. She wasn't quite sure what that second part meant, but the first part was enticing. Maybe, just maybe, this power would push her forward and passed both Aoi and Bashiro, at least for a while. If she even managed to win this tournament... Fubuki had very little confidence in herself for this tournament.

She felt like she was miles behind both Aoi and Haruka, the two other Aqua Force users in this tournament. If she had to face either of them, she didn't think she had a chance. In fact, there were many people in the tournament she doubted she could defeat. But, she wasn't going to back down. She wanted to get as far as she could, even if that wasn't even to round two. Her self-doubt wasn't obvious to the world around her, though, and maybe she'd gotten stronger than she thought she did during her training with Bashiro. This was an opportunity for her to prove her strength to herself, even if she didn't realize that at this moment in time.

Once the song started and the Divine Powers disappeared, Fubuki's attention was allowed to return to the idols on stage. Spending two years training under Bashiro had given Fubuki... some might call it a "dirty mind," others might call it "an appreciation of the female body." She didn't make her admiration apparent, however. Better to not risk the rage or envy of anyone in the vicinity.

Finally, the brackets were revealed, and Fubuki wasn't particularly excited with the results. Haruka was very close to her in the bracket, and her only opportunity to face Aoi was in the semifinals. Something she'd have to get passed Haruka, or someone who defeated him, to reach. Her side of the bracket looked almost completely stalked, which only made Fubuki's nerves worse. The breathing she had been able to keep in control started speeding up noticeably.

In order to try and save face and make sure Aoi wasn't worried about her, she turned towards her best friend, "Let's meet in the semifinals," she said with a small forced smile on her face. She really didn't think she could make it to semis, and she felt like Aoi would have a hard time even with how strong of a fighter she was. But this was all she felt she could do to keep Aoi from worrying about her, even if it was a promise she didn't think she could keep. Better to let Aoi focus on her own fights. "I don't plan on losing to anyone, not even you, and you shouldn't either."

With that, Fubuki would set out in search of her opponent. The name was one of the few on the bracket she didn't recognize. But, it wasn't long before she heard an announcement of her fight being a win by default. This didn't feel right to Fubuki. She made it to round 2 and she didn't even earn it, and the opponent next to her in the bracket also got a win by default. Deciding it'd be best for more of the round 1 fights to finish before she engaged in her round 2 fight, Fubuki set out in search of Aoi, waving to her friend as she approached her.

"I'm sure you heard the announcement, so... I decided I'd watch your first fight," she said while still forcing a smile. However, this time, the disappointment and nervousness was less hidden than it was before.

-

Cassiano was especially baffled by the appearance of Chronojet Dragon and Harmonics Messiah. He had never seen anything so distinctly alien on Earth before, and most definitely not Gods. The Italian Champion was left in utter shock at this revelation. Not only did Gods in fact exist, two of them were right here in front of him. This whole time he had thought Cray just a myth, but if these two were here, did that mean Cray was actually real?

Cassiano tried to clear his head after this revelation, but was unable to do it in time to hear the prize for the tournament. Not that it really mattered to him. He was here to show off to the audience, mostly the ladies, and another opportunity to defeat his self-proclaimed rival on the big stage. Ideally in the finals. However, his mind was cleared by the fireworks and the beginning of the singing and dancing from the trio of idols and the other divine beauty on stage. The bluenette and the redhead in particular seemed wonderful to Cassiano, completely oblivious to their natures. Without a doubt, both of them were contenders for the “most beautiful woman he has ever met.”

Finally the brackets of the tournament were revealed, and Cassiano… Was displeased with how soon he’d be facing his self-proclaimed rival. It would only be round 2. Though, perhaps that was for the best, as he’d have the chance to prove himself superior to the man he had never defeated early on in the tournament. Shame he wasn’t aware of the strength of any of the other fighters, or that Cero would soon find himself defeated. Of course, he knew very few of the names actually present in the bracket as he hadn’t been in Japan during the events that made them legendary. In fact, he only knew one, and that was Cero’s.

He was fairly sure that his opponent in the first round was, by their name, a woman, so that was something to look forward to. Of course, he wasn’t completely sure since he had absolutely no familiarity with Japanese naming conventions. With that knowledge in mind, he walked towards the place where he would fight his first opponent of the tournament, still unaware of his rival’s impending defeat.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:46 am

It was obvious that, sooner or later, someone would be disgusted by Yukino's display of her... Let's see, which one did I not use? Ah, bebops, nancies, bronskis, dueling banjos, fog lights, spongecakes, kumquats, guavas, silos, etc. And said person was none other than Miss Kurokiba from the Vanguard Association, who voiced rather loudly and harshly her disapproval at the idols, but mostly at Yukino, calling them filth and pointing at them with her sword. I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. Artorias also looked enraged at the act, while Enma was trying a little to hard to hide his nosebleed. If Carlos hadn't looked away from those huge magumbos, pontoons, tatas, waldos, pagodas, babaloos, pointer sisters, etc, he would be sporting the same red line on his face.

As soon as Miss Kurokiba left to the interior of stadium, the sky flashed brightly, taking a lot of people by surprise. After blinding him for a brief moment, he saw how a form he thought he was never going to se descended from the sky - Harmonics Messiah, the planet-shoulders deity. Her calm and soothing vloice resounded through the coliseum, greeting all the people present. Alongside her, was the familiar blue dragon-looking being that, among other things, gave power to the young man when he needed it the most - Timeplane Dra- I mean, Chronojet Dragon. The familiar-looking fellow from the registration area spoke, standing from the VIP area of the coliseum and presented himself as Zahvi. He then proceeded to explain about the Divine Powers, a group of six entities with godlike powers that both planet-shoulders and Chronojet belonged to.

The messiah congratulated mankind for overcoming the aptly called Era of Void, while Chronojet announced that the winner of this tournament would recieve a power beyond any other at the moment - Generation Break 3, with possibilities to go even beyond. "Generation Break 3 and beyond..." Thought Carlos. "That kind of power would be out of this world". The fact that literal gods were basically walking among them didn't bother him at the moment, though. But it was just a matter of time for it to happen.

Yukino and her mammaroonies, pendulums, dingers, cream pies, ear muffs, lulus, umlauts, snuggle pups, pool toys, bikini stuffers, etc, proceeded to explain how the tournament would be carried out using an impressive looking holographic projection. The format was pretty simple - One-on-one, two blocks, nothing out of the ordinary. And to get things more interesting, Generation Rare forced the fearless leader to put everything she got to good use by dancing and singing alongside the them, as planet-shoulders shot a beam of light to the sky among the numerous fireworks going off. What a sight to behold. And with that, everything was ready - Time to start the Messiah Scramble.

As the screens with the brackets started showing the names of the participants, every single cardfighter in the area started running around looking for their respective opponent. Carlos found himself separated from Jessie, Tamotsu and Aoi due to the ensuing human stampede. He tried to protect his luggage, given that he didn't got the time to actually leave it at the hotel. In the end, separated from his friends, the young man resorted to look for the person he was supposed to fight according to the screens - And his name was Kazuki Ikaruga. "Oh boy..." He thought. Although he was feeling really proud at himself  for trying to make some kind of progress on his condition, a part of him held on to the idea that everything was going way too fast. The memories still lingered on his head, resurfacing wherever they wanted to. "But..." He repeated to himsel. "... I have to do this. I need to do this! I don’t want to stay in the past!". His resolve was restored, all he needed to do was fight again.

Cardfights were being fought everywhere he looked at, with the screens updating every time with information like winners of each match. For example, Carlos found out pretty fast that Seifer defeated his opponent Neo Isamu, advancing to the second round. The young man laughed a little, feeling relieved to see that one of his friends could claim victory. However, the second fight he noticed was the most surprising one - Haruka Nakahara vs Tamotsu Hakaisha. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?" Carlos shouted, drawing the attention of some participants nearby. There was only one Tamotsu Hakaisha that he knew, and he wasn’t in conditions to actually grab a card, even less participate in the tournament. "What the hell were they thinking!?" He continued. "There’s no way Okuri could cardfight in his actual condition". And he was right - He used to be an ancient spirit, capable of feats beyond his comprehension, but now he was just a simple dog.

However, everything changed when he saw a naked young boy materialazing his clothes out of thin air in the distance, who then ran towards Haruka. The appearance, mannerisms, everything that boy had reminded Carlos of the human disguise his friend used to fool him once. Did Okuri’s power return? Did he... Remember everything? The young man recalled the times he spent with his canine friend, and the memories of his past life that Okuri decided to show to him after sacrificing himself to stop Leviathan. Time passed by as he remembered the past, coming back to the present when Tamotsu dealt the final blow to Haruka. Another friend of his advanced to the second round. Carlos wanted to go and find if he really was his old friend or just something else, but his attention was soon caught by another surprise...

... Cero Kirugis, the Vanguard King of Europe, lost his first macth against Karin Ouriel. While the outcome was certainly astonishing, Carlos wasn't completely surprised at the results. After all, he fought Karin during the first round of the Chronicle's Eve tournament. She's strong, no other way to put it. "Cero fans are going to be pissed..." Carlos thought. "... Well, that's unless he shuts them up first". He also saw the results of Jessie and Bashiro's fights, taking notes of their losses against Solis Guren'ou and Hana Espoir respectively. Even though he hasn't interacted with any of them, he knew pretty well that they were strong cardfighters. Clenching his fist, Carlos decided it was time to get moving for him. Most of the first round matches were being finished, and he still couldn't locate his opponent. "I'm not going to be late again" He said to himself. "Regardless of the outcome, I'm going to prove myself I can move forward. Fuki, Jessie, Bashiro, Tamotsu, Koga, Cero... Everyone, watch me! I'm going to overcome my fears!". Well, that cheesy as hell. But that cheap motivational speech... Was also a good sign.

Last edited by Nova Major on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaze Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Both competitors arrived to the fight table with their names on it, Kazuki Ikaruga and Carlos Estevez. Both players got on to the area getting ready to to start their fight. As Kazuki is getting ready to set his field and hand up for the game about to take place Carlos seemed to have been stunned by something as he looking at his deck and trembling as it was cold. It was hot though so he’s probably just a special case. Weather he was or wasn’t didn’t matter to Kazuki. He had his field and every set as to where Carlos was just standing there. “Hurry up will you.” Kazuki said to Carlos. He apologized and got ready to set up as he was still very shakey.

Standing up the vanguard from both players the fight had begun, with this Kazuki’s clan was revealed and Carlos was surprised. The clan was one nobody had seen before Cosmic Defenders. The fight started to progress with Carlos taking the first move. Grade 1 to Grade 1, Grade 2 to Grade 2, “Let the red night form and the black skies spread. I ride my Avatar.” with Kazu saying this, finally the real fight begins with both fighters on their Grade 3 getting ready to show the arena what they can really do.

As the fight was progressing Carlos was still very shaking and taking his time with his plays. This tended to make Kazuki very impatient. “You literally in my way and taking up my time.” Kazuki said to Carlos as he was clearly going through something. None of that mattered anyway though. Kazuki has but one goal and that goal is very clear to him no matter what. He started to think to himself as he formed a fist, “Aqua Force were able to break loose so why is it we are still here suffering.” He took a deep breathe in and exhaled. Kazuki informed Carlos that he was nothing more than a waste of his time in which Carlos responded to as rude. Kazuki had no problem shrugging it off though. Carlos took action with his turn trying to out best Kazuki using Armor Break Dragon’s Limit Break retiring Kazu’s frontrow and giving it 10k Power and +2 Criticals meaning taking the damage Kazuki would lose at 3 damage. Kazuki grinned “Lets finish this, shall we!” he said as he perfect guarded Armor Break Dragon and in Carlos drive check he got a critical trigger giving it to his rear. Kazuki took the damage just to let him have some self satisfaction.

Kazuki stood and drew. After letting out a crazy psycho laugh he performed Legion bringing 2 units to his Vanguard circle. Kazuki began his onslaught allowing him to drain portions of Carlos’ deck force without it being noticed. It was unnoticeable. With the massive barrage of attacks and power Kazuki whipped Carlos’ field, hand and dealt the final damage. Carlos told Kazuki that he won in which Kazuki responded “Obviously” as he rolled his eyes and packed up his cards exiting the scene. “Geez what a waste of time that was he wasn’t even enough to get my blood pumping. he thought to himself as he looked at his deck glow for a moment before the dark light started to go dim again. In due time. he thought to himself again as he put his deck away closing his eyes with his hands behind his head as he continued to walk away.

Last edited by Kaze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaze
Kaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 pm

The announcers had said those who were ready for round two should proceed immediately. And as it happened, Tamotsu's opponent in round two had received a bye, meaning the two were ready to fight whenever. As Haruka seemed preoccupied with his wife's circumstances, the young-but-also-old dog took the chance to excuse himself from the man's company before anything like what happened to Bashiro had happened. He would have gone about looking for Jessie and Bashiro but something told him to go do his next fight first. Then they could all relax together after.

The name of his opponent seemed familiar like Haruka's had, yet not in the same familiar friendly way. More importantly the spirit was trying to get what Bashiro had said about Yukino out of his head. The old him had never viewed Yukino as attractive, this was no time to start. But the new him was still a young pup and he had certain desires. He started shaking his head trying to change his thought process, and nearly ran into his next opponent as a result.

It didn't take long for Tamotsu to realize something was off about this girl. And it only took slightly longer for him to remember what exactly it was. He had fought Sophie before during the war. She had hurt Jessie, that particular memory made him snarl quietly, and they had fought. He had to ask her what she was doing at this event to which the girl could only say it was to have fun. From what he was recalling, her way of having fun was nothing he wanted any part of. But as it stood, he would have to play the game with her.

And so Nightmare Dolls stood again against Great Nature. The spirit remembered their strategies. The deck sought to perform an awful chain of attacks with Alice being strengthened by Catherine. If he didn't give the girl too much counter blast to work with before she got going, and if he took hits from Alice's where he could, he could cut back on how devastating her combos would be. And so the dog went as far as to not attack with a rearguard he had empowered with Binoculars Tiger, because the more damage he gave her without winning the fight, the deeper he dug his own grave.

The girl's grade three turn threatened to be dangerous as two Alice's appeared. But thankfully Tamotsu hadn't taken much damage and didn't have to guard the prominent Doll's attack. A critical trigger on the vanguard attack had him at four damage however and he didn't want to think about the stronger Alice turns to come with his damage already that high. He responded by riding Tester Fox and striding into Phoeniciax. The triple drive revealed a heal trigger and a critical trigger. Sophie in turn healed leaving her with four open counter blast while Tamotsu was at three damage. It seemed dangerous to be certain and the girl's attitude was really unsettling. The Nightmare Dolls too had acquired the power of Stride as Beatrix appeared. Her skill made Catherine the vanguard again after attacking and could call Workeroids from soul. But thankfully Tamotsu hit a damage trigger which largely voided attacks from Alice.

With five damage to Sophie's four, Tamotsu strode into Omniscience Dragon, Managarmr. Its skill empowered his rearguards and prevented the use of grade one or higher guards against them, which ultimately sealed the deal. The sixth damage was done and the dog breathed a sigh of relief at having made it through without someone getting hurt. With an awkward goodbye of sorts the dog ran off, in search of his family. He couldn't wait to tell them about his two successful fights and he hoped they had progressed too since he wanted to face one of them in the finals if he could.

Eventually the dog locked onto his target: Jessie. He ran off calling out the boy's name. But as he ran a sudden fatigue overcame him and the dog tripped over himself and rolled a few times before settling on the ground on his side. It was all he could do to just lie there and pant. He felt like he was burning up and a fever would be easy to confirm should anyone touch his head. It seemed he had very much overdone things for just having got his memories back. Tricky things spirits and magic sashes.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 am

Jellal stood leaning on the railing watching the fights progress while waiting for his to start. He saw the many animated movements and the ever-changing expressions from each fighters face as they were engaged in their matches.

"Jellal, look!" Blaster Dark said while pointing towards the match where Neo's match concluding. He walked over to see that Neo was defeated but saw Seifer approach and offered each other a handshake.

"Hmmm.." Jellal was shocked to see that Neo was defeated, considering he was looking forward to them facing off. But, he was also interested in his opponent Seifer Espoir, whom was using Shadow Paladin, specifically Phantom Blaster Abyss.

"So I guess others from back then are here after all." Jellal thought under his breath. "Just. Great."

Just great, indeed. Just when he only expected a few people to participate, he finds out more people from his past are entering. Jellal took a deep breath and sighed, but his eyes had more intensity than before. "Guess you were right." he said to Blaster Dark who turned back to him. "Might be difficult, or rather impossible, to escape my past."

"Yeah, so what will you do?" The dark knight asked, waiting his masters' response while continuing to look at the other matches. He saw Cero Kingus, an old opponent that he faced off against defeated, which also shocked Jellal but wasn't able to respond to it: while he was occupied by his thoughts and situation.

"Well, my priority right now, is this tournament." Jellal answered. "But, if I do have to cross paths with them...,
I'll fight them."

"And what about outside, the tournament?

"I'm... not sure yet." Blaster Dark continued to stare at Jellal who looked a bit gloomy. Until something caught his eyes. He walked over to the match, with Blaster Dark joining, seeing Carlos and another unknown player.

"Interested in Car-"

"Nah, look closely." Blaster Dark stopped and turned and saw the unknown player playing an unknown clan. "Yooooo." Jellal's eyes lit up as he was enthralled by the new cards.

"I've never... seen this before. But, I think they're called... 'Cosmic Defenders'? First time I've seen 'em. Jellal continued to watch at the very end, studying the cards and how their player was. "The kid is seems kinda punkish. Rather rude to his opponent."

"Yeah but, if he can back it up, then that's just something we might need to accept." A few minutes into the match, the match concluded with the Cosmic Players' victory. "It'd be ashame of a new clan to lose right off the bat. I'm... interested."

"Gonna check out the kid?"

"Yeah, let's try to catch him before our match starts."
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:14 am

After concluding his match, Seifer turned his head to see other matches concluding... but what he noticed surprised him. Haruka had lost? Somewhere in his heart he was disappointed, maybe wanting to face off against his brother. Then again, he could always face off against him and his sisters outside of the tournament after this was all over. Actually, he mentally planned himself to ask each of them to help him after the tournament... his match with Neo making up his mind. He wanted to begin playing again, despite the doubts that continued to swirl about in his mind.

Noting he had yet to have a second round opponent yet, he decided to wander around and take a look at the other matches while he waited. He noticed a few of the matches had yet to actually begin, and they were already noting that round two matches could start... but round one didn't seem over. However, in a time saving sense, it was the best idea. The names, he recognized, but the one that stuck out... one that lost, Carlos's name. He blinked a few times, turning his gaze in his direction, seeing a haughty looking boy walk away. He seemed to radiate with an ego, so he felt bad for Carlos... but what could he really do or say? 'Sorry for your loss, I'll avenge you?' That sounded far to anime and childish, even if he wanted to, even if he didn't really know Carlos.

The silver haired boy sighed, rubbing his cheek, then looking for Hana, opting to watch her fights, since he was still waiting, guilt gnawing at him for at least not going to see how Carlos was... just, he wasn't sure how to approach anyone yet.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:55 am

Xat watched the fights happen, and smiled at how fun everyone seem to be happy. She stood up and left the stands again as she saw one of her will-o-wisps and followed it to an less populated area. The wisp dissappered after showing that the sorce was a competer. Xat sighed and looked at Kao. "I guess we should keep our eyes on the players." she said to kao who nodded.

meanwhile shriayuki met with the other murakumo units. "Any luck?" She asked them as they shook there head and vouge spoke. "There is an uneasy feeling i felt on cray so we need to be on guard." he said as shirayuki nodded and the rest of them dissappred after the meeting and shirayuki went and appred before xat. "the others feel uneasy on cray, but we will keep an eye on the procedings, and you be safe." she said as xat walked to the arena and kepeing to the shadows with both kao and shriayuki in spirit form watching with her.

The other wisps looked over the stadium and one silently checked out the VIP box in case the being they were searching for was in there, it slowly floated out of sight. meanwhile anouther checked locker rooms, and bathrooms, the 4th one checked the outside the arena all of them not being able to seen in the light.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:25 am

After wandering around the coliseum like a homeless man carrying stolen luggage, amid the current cardfights, Carlos was able to finally find his opponent. Kazuki Ikaruga, an orange-haired young man, waited for him to get to their respective fight table, though he was showing obvious signs of irritation at his tardiness. The young man hurried to the stage, and started getting ready his deck. Like a precious gift, he guarded his card in a special case alongside his Reality Bangle. After taking out the case from his backpack and opening, Carlos felt a little nostalgic looking at his treasures from the past war. At the top of his deck, his precious Recklessness Dragon card showed. "Reckless..." He thought. "I know I don't deserve your forgiveness... But please, lend me your power. You don't know how much it pains me to actually do this".

Carlos placed his deck face-down in its respective area, but struggled to grab his first Vanguard card. His fears became a reality once more - Just getting his hand closer to the pile of cards made him relieve the fights against the Deletors and his numerous deaths at the hand of Leviathan. His whole body started shaking, and the only thing he could think of was getting out of there as fast as he could. However, a little ray of light shined among the darkness, encouraging him to keep going. Before allowing his fears to dominate him, Carlos would rather scream and look like a lunatic in front of a lot of people. In fact, that's precisely what he did, taking the top card from his deck at the same time. "I did it..." He said in awe. "I actually did it! I still can do it!" He celebrated, full of joy. But that was only half the battle.

Kazuki was still there, having previously voiced his discontent and waiting for his strange display to finally end. Carlos apologized, his resolve seemingly restored, as he placed his first Vanguard face-down on the table and drew his initial hand. The young man was totally in awe when he noticed that the cards in his hand weren't as heavy for him as before. Among deep breaths to mantain his composure and peaceful thoughts, Carlos started his fight with Kazuki. To his surprise, his opponent used a never seen before clan (At least for him) - The Cosmic Defenders. The sudden appearance of a new clan reminded Carlos of the Link Joker rumours he heard before coming to Japan, rumours that turned out to be true. However, he'd never heard of the Cosmic Defenders before. No rumours, urban legends, nothing. What a fight that was going to be.

As the cardfight proceeded, Carlos used all his might to play cards and make plays without crumbling. However, he noted a rather disturbing lack of two of his most important and iconic cards - The gift from Chronojet, Detonix Stinger Dragon, and his precious avatar, Recklessness Dragon. He tried not to worry about it too much, given that Kazuki's well thought attacks and the surprising and unknown tactics of the Cosmic Defender clan were doing quite a number on his field. "This guy is strong... Maybe way too strong" He thought, trying to defending himself from every kind of attack thrown at him. Also, alongside the rather rude attitude he showed to Carlos, Kazuki's voice sounded a lot like that participant that signed up with Fuki. You know, the one that called her a 'sweetheart'.

Notheless, the absence of the units he needed the most made him do something really, heh, reckless. Using Armor Break Dragon Limit Break, Carlos hoped to break through his defenses and deal 3 or more damage to him at the cost of losing a lot of potential shields. A perfectly placed Perfect Guard from Kazuki destroyed his plan, and left him wide open for continuous attacks. Using his Legion skill, his opponent launched a total of five attacks, more than enough to defeat him. With 5 damage at his Damage Zone, the result of the fight was clear - Kazuki was the winner of the fight. Trying his best to hide his sorrow, Carlos smiled and congratulated his opponent. However, his attitude showed that he knew he was going to win no matter what the Narukami player did. As soon as he picked up his card, Kazuki left the fight table.

Carlos resorted to do the same, as he didn't have nothing left to do at that place. "Heh... I lost..." He said to himself. He knew that was the most likely outcome, given that he hadn't played the game in two years. Nonetheless, he secretly hoped that he could win. "I see. You didn't want to help me this time, Reckless... " Carlos said. "I... I respect that...". Still shaking with no signs of trying to stop, the young man picked up his cards and his belongings, and slowly left the coliseum. "I respect your decision...". Inside the hallways of the coliseum, he just sat looking at the floor. "What a show I gave to Fuki, eh? I expected this to happen, but I was hoping for the best. I always hoped for the best". A smile quickly appeared on his face. "But this is just the beginning" He said. "I still can improve. I proved myself that I still can play. I can fix myself".

"I can do this! This isn't the end for me!"
. Carlos didn't notice the tears falling down his face or how badly he was shaking as he spoke.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next