Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 33 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 4:49 am

"Before I disappeared... after the battle against Neu..." Jellal said slowly as he started having flash backs of that last fight.

"Hmm... and then when you guys first saw me at the park again. You asked if I remembered Aqua Force. What ever became of them? Maelstrom especially, or Glory Maelstrom, last I remembered."
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 am

Neo was shocked to hear Neu's name after so long. He didnt want to remember those times when he served her. Funny enough Jellal was one of those who tried to snap me out of the spell with Aqua Force. Neo didnt really know how to answer that question so he gave Jellal an honest answer..

Haruka, Fubiki and Aoi play Aqua Force but thats all I really know in terms of the clan. I dont know what happened to Maelstrom. Im sorry
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 5:21 am

"Hmm.. I want to find him again..." Jellal thought back to all the fights he had with Maelstrom, Dragon of Blue Storm, Neo especially. He remembered how he felt 'right', to have something of his own, his own strength.

"Hey! Jellal!" an angry voice shouted at him from his deck. It was none other than Blaster Dark.

"Hm? What's up?" he said to his partner.

"You wouldn't happen to be planning on ditching us for Aqua Force again would you?" said the black knight, glaring at Jellal. Because if you think, you can waltz your sorry ass back here only to run off with those puddle paladins, you gonna have a war on your hands!"

"-sighs-" Jellal closed his eyes and looked back at Blaster Dark. "I'm not ditching you. However.." Jellal stopped and sharply opened his eyes. "As much as I appreciate the help you've given me time after time, Aqua Force is my true clan after all. I have to find out where they are, maybe Maelstrom can lend a hand or something.

"OoooOoooo I see how it is. Traitor!" Blaster Dark said while turning his back towards Jellal.

"I mean. Shadow Paladin was never my clan if you remember correctly. The only unit I attached myself to, was you, Blaster Dark. He used Phantom Blaster Dragon, but I always counted on you. And I've gotten quite fond of Raging Folm Dragon, so I won't be ditching you guys. I'll keep you guys around me." It was true, after being with Blaster Dark and the Shadow Paladin for so long, memory or no memory, Jellal became attached to them. He enjoyed calling the Revengers his allies once more and knew that without their help, he wouldn't be where he is at this very moment.

"Hm, if you're serious about finding that ice-dragon Maelstrom, then I'll be glad to assist you." Blaster Dark said while turning and facing Jellal once more. Jellal accepted his generosity as he put away his deck and continued snacking. "However Jellal, personally seeing how you do with Raging Folm, you should keep your options open too."

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Jellal said confused and puzzled.

"You'll find out more from Haruka tomorrow. After all, you have been gone for a while, and not everything stays the same."

"I suppose I can find out more from Haruka tomorrow. I wanna fight with my real strength, just like how I fought Neu and everyone else before."
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm

He spent the majority of the long-winded and rather uneventful evening doing paperwork. Upon arriving, he had been barraged with question after question concerning the stability of the Resistance, where the commander had gone and where the brooding fist guy's little guy was now.

Haruka spent moments at directing anywhere but at him because the last thing he wanted to say over and over again was 'they're gone and never coming back,' because Haruka himself had faced that truth every second he was taking steps forward. Upon arriving at a makeshift office in a bunker at the slums, he sat himself in front of a large stock-board, cleared of information.

He wanted to feel like this might be where he'll plan any further events, put pieces together, things like that, but he already knew that no matter how much evidence he had to put the Reapers down for good, he'd never be able to see it perfectly enough to finally realize the answer. Things were going to be done the extremely tedious and difficult way. Trial and error.

After a long night of pushing his damned emotions off of his chest to a concrete wall via his fists, he walked out with bandaged hands. A medical officer stopped herself before even offering assistance, seeing the dead expression follow on the commander's fiance.

As soldiers scrambled in miniature panics, Haruka spoke into his reality bangle, sending a message to every remaining Resistance member willing to fight. He was counting on his voice reaching his comrades, no matter how far they were now. According to the remaining staff... the ones who hadn't already defected to Cero's training facility, the three had ordered to head here made it safely, and a few other survivors of the last tragic battle were alive.

He raised his wrist to his mouth with a brief message.

No rousing speech. Nothing big.

"All members of the Resistance, this is Haruka Nakahara speaking. The commander of the Resistance was deleted by Harbinger... my fiancee. This is a request from me: Please continue this fight. This war. I wish to see this through to the very end. Everyone willing to fight, report to the Umano slums, where the original HQ is. I'll be awaiting all who can make it. Thank you. I'll be briefing in approximately two hours."

He clicked off his transmitter and walked out into the fresh morning. The sun was shining, but Haruka still only felt hell in his lungs. He placed himself in the main square of the slums, awaiting all who were still able-bodied to fight. Morality was one thing, but knowing whose still on your side is important. That was what mattered, first and foremost.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Tue May 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Noel heard Haruka's message via the Reality Bangle. Such a nifty thing, it can do just about anything. Even though Carlos requested her help to go "Drone hunting", this feels more important to go to. Everyone is falling into despair on not knowing what to do so if people see others gathering towards Haruka then they would feel impulsed to join. The Resistance needs everyone they can get to stand together. This isn't a good time for everyone to scatter.

"I'll join you on this hunt of yours but first let's go to Haruka. I'm sure everyone, especially him, need all the support they can get. Then we can go and get things over with." Noel said to Carlos as she started making her way to wherever Haruka might be.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulcecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Megumin~min Tue May 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Hearing the surprising message, Mitsuki arrived at the slums. She wasn't much help during the rematch against Chimera, Legion and Hydra as she was not adept with her Spike Brothers so summoning two units drained her much not to mention her 'bad landing' due to Devildom Chemist.

The sun was scorching bright, maybe a bit too bright for her liking so she wore an oversized brim hat here. Usually the slums are dangerous at night so she had no trouble reaching the depths of the Resistance. She wiped sweat off with her hand-knitted handkerchief and proceeded inside, taking off her hat out of courtesy and embracing it. She immediately headed for Haruka and bowed a bit.

"I-I-its sad to hear...My condolences..." Mitsuki said as she handed over a bouquet of pure, white lilies to Haruka. Her eyes got a bit watery seeing Haruka in this state so she reached for her sweat soaked handkerchief and dabbed away her tears.

"I don't have a spare one, sorry maybe next time" her brazenly shaken voice directing at Haruka. She laughed a bit and let out a sorrowful smile.

Last edited by Megumin~min on Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megumin~min
Megumin~min

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Neo had fallen asleep talking to Jellal last night. Who could blame him he was exhausted from carrying Haruto and Jellal everywhere. He woke up, got freshened up and when he went to put on his reality bangle, he received a message from Haruka:

"All members of the Resistance, this is Haruka Nakahara speaking. The commander of the Resistance was deleted by Harbinger... my fiancee. This is a request from me: Please continue this fight. This war. I wish to see this through to the very end. Everyone willing to fight, report to the Umano slums, where the original HQ is. I'll be awaiting all who can make it. Thank you. I'll be briefing in approximately two hours."

Seems like Haruka is starting to take action. Time to support him and help fight against this war!

Neo then got dressed and walked into the room Jellal was in

Haruka is calling us in, you ready bro? Neo asked
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Jellal woke up from a rough sleep. He heard the message, opening his eyes and getting focused. He walked into the bathroom and threw his head under a sink of running water. The cold water ran down his face from the back of his gold and black hair, into his eyes, washing away the dirt, sweat, and any negative thoughts in his mind.

He grabbed a towel and washed off his face, then his hair as he heard Neo at the door waiting for him. Jellal grabbed his jacket and his deck case and opened the door. Neo looked determined and so did he. He nodded before turning back and closing the door and walked with Neo to Umano.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue May 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Bashiro returned to Umano, wanting a drink after all, but not with the fellas. He was still upset about losing his brother, and now he was even more upset because he made a promise to some sweater-wearing lunatic who wanted him to train her. He can't even get his own life together, and someone wants to learn from him? Ridiculous. Groaning, audibly annoyed, he pushed his way through the bustling activity of the Slums. The hell was going on, anyway? Wasn't everyone a depressed wreck? Finally standing still, seeing the bar, he felt something soft squish at his back. Turning to look, it was little miss Undyne who...

"Holy shit, Aoi, you okay?" Bashiro inquired, crouching down and placing a hand on her shoulder. Her eyes were swollen and a little red, her face just looked like hell, as if she had gotten no sleep. That usual bubbly cheer was nowhere to be found. It was only a couple hours since they last spoke, wasn't it?

"I'm okay... W-What's going on?" Aoi spoke softly with her hints of sadness and fear blatantly present. Bashiro wanted to ask that question himself, but one of the brawler's buddies popped in.

"You two hear the message on the bracelet do-hickey? Haruka's takin' over, they're sayin'. He's 'briefing' us in a lil' bit." The man spoke, surprising the two.

"Well I'll be damned." Bashiro put on a light grin, proud of his drinking buddy. Haruka already earned a lot of favor with the bunch of grunts and scumbags by partying and drinking with them. This was a natural step up, but that also reminded him: where the hell is Okuri? The spirit loved Jessie, so he's probably taking things just as hard- oh. The thug... realized the new commander must be going through the same brutal hell right now. He was so upset about Jessie, he didn't even think about Okuri and Haruka at first... For fuck's sake, another horrible thing on the list of sleazebag's sins.

"Master Haruka..." Aoi quietly whispered, wanting speak with her fellow in Aqua Force, but really had no idea what to say. She's Cyan, someone who brought distortions and destruction here in the past with that same clan's name. Should she even face him with that knowledge? She couldn't lie and say it wasn't her... She is Cyan. Her frozen world grew colder.

I'll have a drink with him, Bashiro mentally noted. He wasn't expecting a whole lot, but the selfish part of him just wanted to sit down and have a drink with someone who understands the recent loss of a loved one. Haruka could probably use a drink himself anyway. "Alright sweet-pea, let's stick around for what pretty-boy's got to say, yeah?"

"O-Okay..."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Tue May 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Daidragon flew above the base in Umano. The sight of different energies in one area caused Darren to blink. His eyes were difficult to turn off now, but they weren't causing him pain like they were before. He couldn't explain it but his power took less of a toll on him now. It was on the list of things he would have to find out.

He jumped off the unit. It soon disappeared after he did. He came down from above until his feet hit the ground. A normal human would have broken both of his legs. Another sign Darren wasn't a normal human anymore. He stretched his body out after the crash landing and said, "A lot busier than I expected... What's going on?"

He overheard some of the men around talking, saying that Haruka was gathering people for a briefing. He smiled at the idea of it and said, "Good job. Someone's taking it up." He had thought before that Haruka was the most natural choice to carry on the work that Yukino did. He was always by her side and was even her fiancee. Not only that, but his victories in the tournament and against the Reapers inspired others to fight. It would be worth seeing him bring people together.

Without much of a plan of his own, Darren figured the best he could do would be to walk to the place everyone was gathering to. He wanted to believe that they still had a chance. In his mind, they did now that the Dimensional Robos had returned. That said, one set of soldiers didn't win wars, and this was still a war.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Tue May 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Beatrice arrived at Umano, sighing as she began to look for Haruka. She noticed Aoi and Bashiro, approaching them as she felt a twinge of guilt. "Hello there, I am...sorry for your loss Bashiro." Though Beatrice tried to keep herself the same calm maid, there was a bit of sadness in her voice at the mention of Jessie, but she wouldn't break down. She wouldn't cry. She did her mourning and right now she had to be calm and collected to do her maid duties.
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Haruka gave a small nod to Mitsuki, trying his best to show his thanks. His face broke from the mold it had been in for the past few hours. He was trying desperately to not break down as familiar faces began showing up in the Umano main square.

"I... appreciate it. Don't worry about a handkerchief."

He waved away the wet one that Mitsuki had presented. His mind was clamoring on thoughts of... well, what to say when people show up? What if nobody showed up at all? What if this army had really become nothing after losing its main commander? What if.... What if....

Haruka stood on his box, placing his now empty crappy paper cup of coffee on the concrete ground. The cracked earth manifested around him as if it were a render on a computer game. The world was vivid and shining, yet it smelled like the bottom of a filthy garbage bag. That had nothing to do with the location, but the atmosphere instead. The story of these people was... not yet over.

Nobody's story had to be over. He didn't want to end any stories. He only wished for everyone to reach the end of their own books.

"Welcome."

Haruka didn't exactly prepare any speech or something resolute for the group. Many were looking for hopeful words, other wanted closure. Some came maybe just to hear him out, despite of their intention. He desperately wanted to believe that everyone here would stay and fight.

Faces he recognized showed up. Two hours passed significantly faster than he imagined they would, as many people he expected to be here did in fact show up. His heart was no longer sinking, but instead stayed afloat in the sea of his body. His memories of Yukino came flooding back violently every single time he went to speak. He wasn't sure what to say.

Haruka's throat grew dry, despite finally being on his feet, he still wasn't on his own. He couldn't do it on his own...

"Isn't that why we're here? ... I don't think anybody could do this on their own."

The Aqua Force was already behind the failing commander. Unable to speak to troops that aren't even his to command yet, and he felt like fleeing. He didn't possess the bravery or the courage of his wife. He didn't have the momentum, nor the passion---

"Stop self-loathing. You are the captain of a whole naval force on Cray! The least you can do is round up these guys and say a few words, don't you think?"

Haruka breathed scarcely. His mind started to ease itself. The voices quieted quickly as even more and more showed up. The two hours passed by about ten or fifteen minutes and what he saw was... a sea of soldiers. Not nearly as many as they had before, but it was the force Haruka was hoping would appear.

Neo and Jellal were close to the front of the crowd, as was Mitsuki for arriving so early. He was glad they were so early to support him. Later came others, like the maid Beatrice, the heavily grieving Bashiro and a... rather unstable looking Aoi. Even the justice hero Darren came to support Haruka this time around. His heart pounded. Noel, the Jewel Knight was also present at this time.

It pounded harder.

It hurt.

Good. As long as he hurt, he could feel, and that's what mattered. Haruka's lips, like that of oceans opening to show the horizon. He clicked a button on the bottom of his bangle, transmitting his words to all the soldiers who would not show up here. While it sounds asinine to group everyone here if they could have just done it this way, it makes for better trust to show up and say what you have to say face-to-face.

It hurt. Perfect.

"Fellow members of the Resistance. Friends. Family. Comrades. In the past twenty-four hours, we have lost a great deal. The commander of this Resistance, Yukino Espoir, a mother figure to some, a sibling to others... a lover to myself, and a role model to the masses... she's been deleted by the Reapers."

He placed a solemn hand up to keep the masses quieted, as he had not forgotten the other loss among the soldiers. A younger one.

"We have also lost an invaluable member of the Resistance. Jessie Hakaisha, was also deleted. A brother to our very own Bashiro Hakaisha..."

Haruka cleared his throat, relaxing his shoulders. The sun stopped shining, as the clouds gave Haruka an everlasting reprieve.

"I have no anecdotes or words of wisdom to offer. Nothing in the way of true comfort or solace I can possibly offer to anyone here. My condolences cannot reach every heart, I'm afraid. However... I have a request for each and everyone of you."

He placed his hand on the hurting heart.

"Fight with me. This war is not even close to over. Despite the loss of our commander and our beloved comrades, we still have seven-point-six billion other people on the Earth to protect. If the chances of success are not 0%, than the chances remain possible."

Soldiers mumbled, one of which was going to ask the obvious.

"How do we defeat that invincible Reaper? Harbinger!"

He answered immediately, if only to pacify the soldier... he didn't know if there was any truth to the words he was about to speak.

"With everyone's will... Allow me to, rephrase."

He cleared his throat, attending to the audience at hand.

"I am Haruka Nakahara. I'm not a Blaster. I'm not a supernatural being with powers from Cray. I'm not anything special in the way of exceeding the ordinary. That being said... how many of you are? Not many, I can assume... Why should we have to be to fight back?"

He stepped off his crate, becoming head-height with the crowd. He stepped through it, opening a path down the center, walking through towards the other side. He stood on the opposite side of the giant mob, the sea of soldiers and Resistance members here.

"Everyone here came back because they want to fight... that's my belief. We don't have the magnificence of Yukino and her arsenal of tactics and weapons and knowledge. But we have something else. No, not hopes and dreams. You've gotta be kidding me if that's where you thought I was going. We have something far superior to it all."

Everyone stared in disbelief. What weapon, what potential did they have that they didn't have before.

"We have a bloody chance. We saw Harbinger get sliced. We saw pain inflicted upon Sovereign. We have defeated Reapers. We have swam through hell's high waters and more, and there is no reason we can't again. I know it sounds like spouting bullshit and maybe that's exactly what it is, but I need every single one of you to be here. By my side. Not behind me. I'm only a human, but so are you, and you, and you. So help me create a future for everybody else. If not for yourself, then save the world for someone else in the world. Besides, if we don't fight back..."

He turned around, facing the exit of the slums.

"What does it matter? We'll be erased from existence anyways."

He turned back around, taking a large breath. The entire crowd was... dead silent. Haruka didn't know if what he had said came through. He didn't expect to give one of these really crappy, cheesy speeches... But he had to make his intention clear.

The war isn't over, and the odds are higher than ever, but if they don't take the opportunity to at least try, then the chances of survival were already zero.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Darren looked around to see friends and allies alike around in gathering at this "event". He wanted to know what the new force fighting for their freedom and future looked like. Haruka stood up, looking like he couldn't speak. He wanted nothing more than to go up there and assist, but he knew it wasn't the best way. What needed to be said, needed to be said by him. He was the only one who could do it.

Hearing his words, he spoke true. Haruka was ordinary, a human who got caught in a war to save everyone. Darren was like that too... once. It felt like a lifetime ago where he aspired to be... basically what he was now. After having the power to do so much he had almost no ability to use it. He couldn't do anything alone in this situation, who could? No one man could be an army, and Harbinger alone was powerful enough to need an army to defeat. Yukino's battle proved no one person could do it.

Haruka asked everyone to fight with him, from the bottom of his heart. Darren couldn't help but smile at the words. When it was finished there was silence. He broke the silence by beginning to clap his hands. Slowly at first, slowly and loudly. He called out, "Hope will never die!" The words didn't mean much alone, but Yukino did believe that hope for peace would never truly die out. They owed it to her to keep that alive. Even if Haruka's words didn't apply to a non human like Darren, he was going to help fight.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Fubuki arrived late to the speech, having gotten lost in the maze of the unfamiliar slums without a guide. Eventually, she found her way to it. However, the moment she saw Haruka giving the speech, she hid herself from view and listened in.

"Why. . . Why is he doing this. . ." She muttered under her breath, "How can he, after what happened to him?" Fubuki didn't understand. She knew what it was like to feel loss, but how could someone be so. . . Positive after such an experience? How was he that strong of a person? Knowing someone could be capable of this just made her feel even weaker.

When the speech was done, Fubuki stepped out of the alley towards Aoi. When she neared the girl, Fubuki noticed Aoi's face. "Aoi, are you alright?"
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Tue May 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Before Noel could give a proper response to Carlos' little project, their bangles started to transmit a message. Its was Haruka. He wanted to keep fighting... 'Till the very end. "Haruka...". Noel expressed some sort of interest in joining the 'Drone hunting' but she also stated that first she was going to see Haruka, who was coming to the slums to address those willing to keep fighting. "Yeah, good idea. See you in a bit". He said to the parting Noel. "Let's go Recklesness. This is going to be quite the meeting if Haruka is really going to appear" He told his Avatar, while searching for the lace most likely to hold a meeting of that magnitude. "Just don't push yourself too hard, buddy..." He though

People began to gather quickly. Carlos saw Bashiro in the distance. He was talking with Aoi who... Didn't look good. "What the hell happened to her?". Not long after that, the maid who started following Jessie after the tournament joined them. He wanted to approach them and talk, but Haruka appeared and started giving his speech after spacing out a little. "Oh no, he's nervous!" He though, worried. However, his fears were quelled once the new commander began his speech.

The speech was... Something beautiful on its own merit. It wasn't some kind of movie speech, but it was full of naturalness and good feelings towards the future. He acknowledged that, despite the loss of the previous commander - "Hikari..." - and valuable members of the resistance - "Jessie..." -, hope wasn't lost. The invincible Reapers, 'Harbinger' and 'Sovereign', received some injuries in the last fight. Invincible beings can't be injured. They still had a chance to win. Of course, negativity plagued the place with some mean-spirited comments. But, as Haruka said - "The war isn't over, and the odds are higher than ever, but if they don't take the opportunity to at least try, then the chances of survival were already zero".

Breaking the overwhelming silence left after Haruka's response to the pessimist crowd, someone among them started clapping and shouted "Hope will never die!". That person was goddamn right. "Yeah! Hope will never- Please help me, Reckless..." He shouted, trying to stand on top of Recklessness who was also clapping (Or what appeared to be some kind of clapping). "Louder, Recklessness, louder! Hope will never die!" He added. "As long as I'm alive, you'll have my support Haruka! Lead the way, commander!".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Neo had arrived to the briefing with Jellal and listened to what Haruka had to say to everyone. It was amazing that everyone was coming one by one to continue fighting in the war. He smiled knowing everyone was supporting Haruka in these tough times. Haruka didnt have much to say but everything he said was important. Im sure everyone in this room knew what would happen if we gave up now.. Yukino and Jessie's deletion would have been in vein and no one here was going to let that happen.

While Haruka was talking, Neo took out his Brawler deck and stared at it ready to fight. His passion was at an all time high and he was ready to fight.. and this time win!

But at the same time Neo was worried for Jellal. Last night he was thinking about his Aqua Force and although he had Shadow Paladin, Jellal still didnt seem like himself.. Neo knew his true deck and clan was Aqua Force but he wasnt sure how he can get it for Jellal..

In the meantime Haruka finished his speech but he noticed Haruto wasnt around..guess he was still in recovery. He needed the rest anyway

Alright Jellal, you ready!?
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue May 03, 2016 8:46 pm

Aoi gazed at the new commander, surprised by his expression and willingness to stand. As did Bashiro and so many, many others. That miraculous moment of light born by the return of Exculpate the Blaster before her fall... they had nothing like that. If it took all of that to damage Harbinger and Chronos' cooperation to hurt Sovereign, what could they do? ... Should they just think they could do something, even without knowing what it is? Did this chance the Marine Commander spoke of really speak of their potential to just create a miracle like that? It was hard to believe, naturally. Yet... they did see the invincible Reaper harmed. They saw the twin towers sustain damage. No one wanted to believe in the ridiculous odds stacked against them, but as many have been preaching, they could not deny Yukino did the impossible to leave hope behind.

That undeniable wail the God of Death let out resounded in the hearts of men.

Bashiro didn't care as much. He already knew he was going to stay and fight for Jessie's sake. However, unlike the masses, he wasn't going to truly hold faith in winning an impossible war like this. Unless a million men, all of the heroes and Resistance gathered, could pour everything into an attack akin to that light, the severe damage to Japan was just going to continue. They got nothing to lose except all of existence. ... The thug just wanted his family back.

Aoi was inspired by the emotional strength of people around her. Devastating losses made the air feel heavy, pressing them down into the dirt as if to bury them in their own despair. Yet... the Aqua Force Master, who lost his lover, stood to speak a fighting chance. Cyan stood next to her in the frozen world, both of them remembering the faces of every last man and woman encased in tombs of ice. ... This world still didn't have to turn out like that. This isn't her world, but... "I'm... so scared... of disappearing..." Aoi mumbled to herself, holding Cyan's hand tightly. "But... I'm more scared of watching everyone else around me die or be miserable forever." The China girl found some kind of resolve, if nothing else. If she's going to disappear, no one else has to, at the very least. People like her Masters, Haruka, Fubuki, Bashiro, Darren, and so many, many others... Chronojet revived this poor lass for a second chance, keeping her away from the harsh truth of her past life. Why?

That didn't matter.

Her meaning of birth didn't matter if ignoring it meant finding the courage to help people, as Jessie did for her.

Aoi's exhausted eyes were downcast for a moment, but looked up toward the sky after Haruka's speech was over. "I'm as okay as I'll be." Cyan's second life: Undyne answered Fubuki. "... I think I'm gonna do something for those we've lost in a bit. I just gotta make sure I remember the words."

Bashiro grabbed a pack of filled beer bottles, raising it up in the crowd, hoping Haruka would see and understand the brawler's offer.

The crowd was mumbling to themselves, some growing louder after Darren shouted. It was filled with a mix of doubt and belief.

It was a start.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Jellal looked at all of the fighters who were gathered. He stood ready and waiting.

"I'm ready to win." he swore to himself.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Few voices began to cheer out, namely Darren and Carlos. They were the first to start cheering for Haruka. His heart lightened a bit, but slowly dampened again hearing the slight mumbling of the crowd. It didn't seem like the reception a commander would receive. But it was exactly what Haruka expected.

Doubt.

Fear.

Anxiousness.

Perhaps the lack of powers really did affect the crowd mentally. What did Haruka, someone who was only a second-in-command at best have to offer this army that could win them a war? Haruka wasn't exactly a miracle worker, and he couldn't promise victory on a platter. Haruka was no liar. He was a cheat, a scumbag, the ultimately worst thing to eventually come into your life when it came to having fun, but he was an honest piece of shit.

He accepted that honesty was his best, and only policy. Perhaps that was all he had going for him in the way of winning these folks over. Realism.

"I can't say we'll win this war. I can't promise it. There are lot of things I can't promise and that makes me qualify even less to lead you all. But I won't apologize for doing what's right. And if saving the world isn't the right thing to do, then I couldn't tell you what is. Thank you for your time and listening to this address... I'll be around. Those who wish to fight, stay. Those who want to take sanctuary with your families, safe, at home... I don't blame you. Thank you."

He responded to the doubt and hopes of everyone in the crowd, with a final, solemn respect. He walked into the crowd, waving to those who seemed to agree with his ideologies and stay, as well as giving waves to Darren and Carlos for actively supporting him in the silence. It made his heart skip, actually knowing he wasn't alone in this darkness entirely. Maybe it was a brief moment of security he was feeling. Even a thin grin rose to his face as he pushed through the crowd to reach his offer.

A cold beer from a large case, which he clasped in his hand victoriously from Bashiro.

"Bashiro."

Haruka's smile faded nearly instantly, as he maintained eye contact with Bashiro, cracking open a beer and taking a gulp. He ended the transmission on his bangle, and shook his head, unable to even really come out with... with a phrase for his sorrow.

"It hurts, doesn't it?"

Seems to be Haruka's question of the week. It really does hurt. He sipped the beer, motioning him to follow to a less crowded area. He wanted the remaining army to mull it over, at least think about it. Whether or not they stayed to finish this battle out all the way, he was going to with anyone who would fight alongside him. That was the resolve Haruka came to, despite the calamity he was facing on the inside.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue May 03, 2016 10:12 pm

With Sera close at hand Okuri stumbled through the city. He hadn't bothered to shake any of the water out of his fur so he was still dripping a bit. He'd sat down on the stone floors of the shrine so he slightly muddy as well. Though not as obvious as in humans his face was slightly swollen from all the crying particularly around the eyes. The tips of his tails dragged across the ground and he seemed to be shaking a little bit from exhaustion. But all that aside he arrived at the slums with Sera. There was a fair bit going on. Haruka's speech had no doubt caused a bit of a stir in the area.

Standing at the edge of the slums Okuri looked out and sighed. He'd teared up several times on the way back but hadn't really started crying again. He was nervous now that the other friends he'd made were so close. A fear that he'd quickly lose another struck at the thought of speaking with them. But he kept going. Some of the thugs from the various drinking parties recognized him and tried saying hello but given that he looked like hell and seemed really out of it they stopped part way through the energetic greetings. He found the crowd that had gathered around Haruka and could see some of his friends amidst the crowd. He stopped where he stood and took a bit to stabilize himself.

"I'm scared..." he said out loud to no one in particular though perhaps Sera since he had come here with him. He froze up. He was in particular scared to see Bashiro who would remind him most powerfully of Jessie.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue May 03, 2016 10:30 pm

The masses of the Resistance couldn't help but just ponder and ponder. They had no special powers, and Haruka didn't make them a promise or vow like Yukino always did. The difference was, Haruka didn't set their expectations high. Yukino did, and then Yukino died. He was honest, not going to sugarcoat what he can and can't do. ... Some found solace in his honesty, some found fear in his lack of confidence. These idiots really did need a booming, loud voice to inspire them to move, and maybe that was wrong from the beginning. Maybe their own lack of decision-making is what helped drive the late commander's heart into bordering a heart attack on occasion. They...

They don't want that to happen to Haruka, when he's being clear and concise with them.

"Haruka", Bashiro responded to the new commander, giving a salute with his free hand, and a grin. Meet him with a sense of pride and dignity. It was a good speech that followed the thug's own philosophy. Just be frank, clear, and honest, even if you turn out to be a complete scumbag. At least nobody can call you a liar. Then, he popped the question to the eyepatched brute: "It hurts, doesn't it?" Bashiro wanted to say no shit, but instead, looked down, sighing deeply. He quickly looked up at his friend, staring him in the eye, and put the somber smirk back on. He pointed backward with his thumb, "Come on man, let's numb the pain a bit." He suggested, and Haruka motioned to a less crowded area. "How you holding up?" The brawler inquired as they were getting to some seats for some mindnumbing drinking. Or at least, that's what Bashiro was going for. "I mean, looking a little better than when everything... first happened."

Aoi flipped through her phone, confirming she remembered the words for songs she looked up. Nodding, she clapped her cheeks, smacking them to get pepped. "Everyone! Wait! Before you leave!" The prodigy called out to some of those who were giving up, going to meet their families and huddle up for the end. "At least... at least hear me out. I want to... honor those we've lost, and I want you all to do it too!"

Alright, fine, they can stay for that much, if nothing else.

Aoi had a ladder dropped down for her by some kind gents out of nowhere, and they had a microphone ready. Speakers too, ready to play. They must've seen what she was doing on her phone, or someone else was already planning on singing. Who cares about the randomness of it? The prodigy began quickly climbing up, some light restored in her tired eyes.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Even though Haruka had his full support, the cheering didn't start after his and the unknown man efforts. Carlos was enraged but he could understand them. After all that happened, it's a little bit difficult to put your trust in someone who looks... Weaker than the last commander. But if he managed to be the lover the previous commander, it's because he had some strength.

After addressing the fighters one last time, Haruka proceeded to walk into the crowd. He waved at the ones who wanted to follow him, like himself. "Hey!" He waved back. He kept walking to Bashiro, who by the looks of his gesture was offering him a beer. "H-Hey, Haruka!" He followed him. "Bashiro! Guys, wait! I need to tell you something!".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue May 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Sakuya leaned against her staff, listening to Haruka's speech. She was glad that the National Champion shared her mindset- They could lose everything tomorrow, but they still had a chance. Sakuya thought that was the most important point, and she smiled to herself when Haruka made that point.

Then there was Aoi she had to worry about... The girl was still so shaken up, but at the very least, she seemed to be getting better. That was good. Sakuya prayed silently for Aoi's safety.

Then Aoi went up on stage. Sakuya looked up at her friend and rival, who had said she was going to honor the fallen. Sakuya had another thing to smile about now.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Haruka took up the offer, but only after a moment of hesitation. Getting drunk was one of the answers to escaping pain, but it also defeated the purpose of coming to impress the soldiers and win them over. Despite not having the backing of everyone there, he tried his best to grab the hearts of who was left. Haruka wasn't stronger than Yukino, and he certainly couldn't do anymore than she could, but having heart was... all he could do. Even if it was a fake heart that Haruka put on his sleeve, it was something for everyone to try and believe in.

Carlos was hollering over to them, apparently wanting in the drinking session it seemed like. He blinked, shrugging with a small grin to one of his loyal soldiers. Carlos was one of the few cheering wildly for Haruka at his address. He was welcome to have a drink with the commander anytime, if he asked.

"Hurry up. We're just cracking open the case for a little...---"

The sound of Aoi in the distance caught Haruka off guard. What was she up too... a eulogy? Haruka nodded, taking a seat next to Bashiro a bit ways off in the main square, still in eye and ear shot of Aoi and her performance. He wanted today to be a day of understanding and recovery for everyone.

If they wouldn't stand under his banner, then they would at least be dismissed with some semblance of warmth in their heart.

Bashiro inquired about Haruka and how he was... It was funny he asked. Haruka felt like absolute shit and below that. Even if every soldier in the base cried for glorious treatment for Haruka as their leader, he would still feel worse than nothing. It wasn't depression holding him down now. It was anxiety. The future was something he swore he'd fight for, but now it was a matter of discovering that future. Planning, coping, planning, coping, an endless cycle of never ending nights.

"I want to die a little. I'm sure you understand..."

Haruka faked a chuckle, sipping his beer. He blinked, taking the swig down a bit harder than he wanted. The truth was hard to swallow after all.

"I'm not much better, but I can't let it stop me. Stop us."

While Haruka never really showed it or even spoke about it, he was internally enraged. So many times he wanted to just break everything around him and scream and yell, but never did. He kept his composure.

"If I could end everyone's suffering once and for all, I would. Not that it would mean much to me, but I think it's what Yuki-... What she would've wanted."

Saying her name choked him up already.

---------

Sera strolled in lazily with his depressed pal, Okuri. Despite the speech being mostly over by the time they were here, Aoi seemed to be setting up some sort of concert idea. Sera pocketed his right hand, and pet Okuri with his left. It was something he was growing fond of, as Sera really did appreciate Okuri and what he had done for the group. Despite not being as close to him as Jessie, he wanted Okuri to realize the important thing is not the loss, but that it was only one instead of many.

"Okuri."

Sera walked forward a couple of steps, towards the large crowd.

"C'mon. Let's get a front row seat for this, okay?"

He gave Okuri the kindest smile he could, despite himself feeling exhausted and wanting to give up.

"I'll buy you ice cream if you stay for the whole thing!"

That's an offer you simply cannot say no to.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Tue May 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Haruto was simply watching and listening in the masses, he wanted to hear more of what Haruka had to say even if he was strengthening himself on purpose for the sake of his soldiers and the challenge ahead, now that Yukino is gone...

".......My choice was already clear and now more than ever you need those who will stand with you Haruka...." he said, pocketing his hands. "I will make sure I help you, like you helped me...the same she helped me as well." he said.

His eyes turned to see Aoi with a mic after the speech, it was no surprise that she was upset given all that has happened but the mic was definitely an off element, "...What is she..."
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next