Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 27 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Best Girl Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Yukino's cool was ready to fly south for the winter, clenching her teeth angrily in response to Sophie's jeer. As expected, she cannot do this. So, the Dragon of Hell snickered at her lament. Alright, fine. You were right, so what's your plan? The Chosen Sword mentally questioned, visibly scowling at the prisoner.

"Ask her about what they're feeding her."

What?

"Just do it."

"Uh..." Yukino stammered. "So... hmm... Sophie, was it?" This was difficult. "... How is the food we're serving you? What are the guard feeding you?"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Sophie felt as if she was hit on the head. How did this turn from interrogation about Harbinger to her jail condition. There was a confused look on her face as she stared at Yukino. "Why would the commander of this little group of roaches not know what she ordered her troops to feed their prisoner? Is this suppose to catch me off guard?"
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Good question Sophie proposed, and not even Yukino knew what was supposed to happen. "No, no. I just don't have a lot of time on my hands to know, actually. You're our first prisoner, so consider it an honor." The Chosen Sword replied, trying her best to hide the fact that she was as confused as the bluenette.

"Good, yes excellent." The Dragon of Hell chuckled. "Talk to her like you would others. Be her 'buddy', her 'pal'. Make her 'feel good'."

What is this plan?

"Just keep going, it'll work out. Her bed is an interesting subject. Offer to improve it. She likes those cuffs, but you humans don't exactly enjoy those normally. Offer to remove them."

Are you mad?!

"Yes, and you're going to listen to this mad dragon."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Sophie raised an eyebrow before smiling again. "Really? Well no wonder I've been given such a top rate treatment. Must suck having such lousy fighters you can't even capture a single person that doesn't just give herself on a silver platter. Well if you MUST know. The food is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Worse than garbage. I just can't get enough of it!!! My compliments to the chef. I almost can't wait for the next meal!!"
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 pm

I'm not even going to question how disgusting it is to even be able to judge it's worse than garbage. Yukino gave an uninterested look while being revolted mentally, already wanting to just walk away and leave her here. Unfortunately, they needed information, and they couldn't exactly freely execute her to stop her from being a use of resources. ... Even if said resources are more or less awful food. Whatever. Putting the insult aside, the woman started to get the memo of what Phantom Blaster was suggesting. "If it's really that bad, I guess I'll have to improve it. The Espoir chef team is much grander than Umano's volunteers... Yes, in fact, I'll do that now. You'll be happy with this change, yes?"

Yukino didn't bother waiting for a response, hastily communicating the message through her Reality Bangle to actually feed Sophie actual food.

"Ah, yes, and we should also get you an actual table - actual plates. No need to just sit on the floor with a dinky tray of food."

Phantom Blaster smirked, she's learning.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Sophie's face froze for a moment. It started to look forced as she spoke again. "Huh? Why would you do that? I didn't even give you any information you wanted." There was...a hint of fear in her eyes? No....she shouldn't be afraid of just better sitting arrangement and normal food. Sure normal and good food was....bland....but it wasn't something to get afraid of.
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 pm

"That's alright. You won't give me information because we're mistreating you, so it's my job to make you feel better. You'll be more talkative then", the Chosen Sword smiled smugly, happy this was actually starting to work. She also couldn't believe this was actually working. Why can't the bluenette just be normal and they threaten to torture her to make her talk? Ugh... Right, moving on, Phantom Blaster mentioned her bed and the cuffs. Looking to the side of the cell, the bed was... really terrible looking and almost looked like it could break someone's back.

"... Hm. I suppose a lack of sleep from an uncomfortable bed doesn't help you feel better either. Tell you what, I'll have a mattress ordered."

"Good, good!" The Abyss Dragon cackled. "Don't forget the cuffs. Offer her a spoon or a shovel too, give her the hope that she could get out!"

How about no?!

"Those cuffs don't look comfortable either..." Yukino mused, feigning concern for Sophie. "While I shouldn't remove them, it isn't really as if you could get out of that cell... We have your deck and you're surrounded. We even took your bangle. We can at least let you have the freedom of using your hands in there."

If this works, Yukino'll start drinking coffee again. Not just any caffeine, no, but the local coffee shops. No leisure in trying Haruka's tolerable brew.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Sophie gave Yukino a blank stare. "I underestimated you....Yukino did your friends call you? To think you'd go so far to get me to talk that you'd disrespect the family of all I killed by making me feel.....good." She smirked at the thought of how the families would look at Yukino but said nothing more of the matter. "Fine. I'll tell you want you want so long as you leave me like this. I'd like my last moments before the boss decides she's done playing. What the fuck you want to know first?"
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Yukino honestly wasn't sure whether she should feel victorious or further insulted. Never mind the disrespect, it worked in favor for everyone's future, so they'd understand... hopefully. Part of her kind of wishes Sophie hadn't caved so she wouldn't have to follow her word on drinking from local coffee shops, but... bluh. Well, a note to have Haruka help her down a brew that isn't his in the future. Anyway, the Dragon of Hell began laughing maniacally over this asinine victory while Yukino finally got her interrogation started.

"Where is Harbinger's current HQ in the city? And do you really not know anything involving her and this tournament? Or Gear Chronicle at all for that matter."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:10 am

With the help of his friends, Carlos had two practice matches for the upcoming tournament. His first opponent was the seemingly millionaire, not-dog and not-human Okuri. Unknown to him at first, the Great Nature clan at the hands of his friend Okuri proved to be a great challenge to face. Using the dreaded combination of Break Ride and Legion, the young man suffered his first lost against said clan and against Okuri. The result however was good fight that satisfied both players and allowed them to know more about their opponents.

Carlos wasted no time and challenged Jessie next. The young boy used a more familiar clan against the Narukami user - Tachikaze. Said clan seemed to counter the most basic tactic of the Narukami clan, by allowing their units to be revived in the case they were retired from the field. Both players fought with all their might, but the young Jessie came victorious at the end. 

Despite losing two times in a row, Carlos was more determined to keep practicing. But he remembered that he had something to check. "Hey, good fights guys. But right now I need to check something" He told his friends. "Can we practice a little bit more when I return?".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:23 am

Sophie fiddled with her cuffs again as she closed her eyes, laying on the terrible bed. "Man...I wonder if the pillow chest will know I told you. Think she'll kill me by frying my brain? Sounds delicious if she didn't have a way of blocking my senses while hurting me....Still....in the end we're all gone eventually....but at least I get to see a world of chaos and despair before it happens. If you want to meet your death, go to the forgotten cardshop. If you don't believe me, ask your friend...Cero was it? Considering he came there twice acting all tough and badass despite just being another roach." Sophie sat back up, looking at the poster. "Honestly I never even seen that poster before nor heard of a tournament. Hell all the busty red head does is talk about making YOU suffer, bounce her stupid chest around like if they were the best thing in the world, and brainwash people. Man the most hilarious brainwash she done was stick her fingers in this blond one's mouth. I didn't think you could rape someone's mouth with your finger."
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 am

Okuri very much enjoyed the fight with Carlos. Ultimately he won with a break ride legion turn. But he wasn't so certain he deserved to win that. He had been stuck on grade two for a little bit and knew Carlos had had a grade three he could have ridden to get ahead of the game but he chose not to do so figuring it wasn't fair. It wasn't something the fighters in the tournament would forgive but for a fun game the thought was nice. Carlos and Okuri exchanged some stories, shared things about themselves and their decks. Ultimately it was a good way of finally getting started on knowing each other.

Jessie's fight went in his favor but as in their fight it seemed Carlos had had a good time regardless. This was the game truly shining as a game. A means to sit down, talk and have fun together. Carlos had to run after the game with Jessie but was looking to practice more.

"Of course Carlos, we all need to be in top shape for the tournament. With any luck we'll get Jessie here a shiny trophy to take home." he said as he playfully nudged the boy. "You wouldn't think we were trying to save the world after a few games like that got going around here. I wonder how long we'll be allowed to simply prepare for and play a tournament?" he pondered aloud as Carlos left.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 am

Jessie had achieved an interesting power among the Resistance evolution. Normally, a "Crossride" is the involvement of a Grade Three unit's next form that created a sturdy defense of a thirteen thousand base power. However, this young man was proof times were changing and the new generation's revolution was bearing fruit. "Spinocommando" is the evolution of "Spinodriver", and their "Crossride" state was constantly break riding over and over again, drawing three cards total off of them both every turn, and Commando even being able to mitigate part of Driver's cost. He challenged Carlos with this power, feeling doubt he could rival the monsters of this army even still. Jessie kept drawing triggers and feared Carlos' Limit Break with Armor Break Dragon, so he did all he could to avoid it... until he not only gave it to the Narukami player, but also healed himself out of his own Limit Break loop.

Amazing.

Jessie still won due to a ferocious consecutive assault. "Phew, that was a good game!" The boy exclaimed. "We can keep practicing when you get back!" He happily answered his friend as he left to go check on some business. Collecting Tachikaze, he turned back to Okuri grabbing at his attention. "Hm... I can't really imagine we're going to get another refreshing break like this after the tournament. I'm surprised we're even getting one before it."

----------------------------------------------

"Forgotten card-" Yukino stopped after hearing what Sophie had to say after some pushing that Phantom Blaster was still laughing over. While the woman had never been there herself, she believed it was Shop Handsome she was referring to. A very quiet and near nonexistent cardshop in the city, losing out to Card Capital's more natural theme as opposed to the more rough approach Shop Handsome had. The girl contemplated carefully, believing that Harbinger would casually sit in such a blind spot just to call them stupid again. That monster enjoyed laughing at them for not noticing her hiding in plain sight as Tomo-Zo, so this wouldn't be different. The Chosen Sword scowled and growled, irritated with the very thought of that woman laughing up a storm over everyone being inferior.

Harbinger wanted to make Yukino suffer. Yukino wanted to tear Harbinger apart limb from limb. Like day and night, except both of them are complete lunatics.

"I thank you for cooperating." Yukino bowed, hearing of the God of Death brainwashing others. Is this what happened to Karin? She did her best to just block out the part of Harbinger's breasts, and didn't want to think about what kind of violent things she did with fingers. Some information, finally. With a smirk, "I'll come back to talk to you soon. Perhaps actually get some of those changes arranged for you anyway" was spoken. She got her info, but she could still nag the hell out of Sophie by actually making her comfortable.

Turning, the Chosen Sword began her departure from the jailing site.

"Alright, alright. That was a good idea", Exculpate spoke to the Dragon of Hell.

"Of course it was. After all, I'm brilliant."

"Yes, yes..."

The commander walked outside to see... Sera? Napping. "Glen-" She almost called him by that name on sheer instinct. Then, remembered how he was trying to live life. For being one of the most horrible things Link Joker had ever spawned, she had to acknowledge the fact that he was still helping them out with the war and not exactly plotting to kill anyone... to her knowledge. ... She enjoyed kicking him awhile back when Seifer blanketed HQ with a fog. "Sera? Is that you?" Yukino inquired with a bit of concern in her tone. Where had he been, anyway? The Chosen Sword started shaking him gently.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Megumin~min Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Mitsuki cluelessly arrives at the Umano Underground Slums in attempt to search for the Resistance's hideout her brother has once told her about before. Ominous stench to shady people trying to hit on her made her quite uncomfortable but she chose to ignore them; worst case scenario she can always bring out her pepper spray. Flashes of luminescent tube lit in intervals, giving off a sense like she was in a Ghost movie though she wasn't here to waste time and mess around. After scavenging the wild for several minutes, there was this structure, secluded from the rest of the worn-out buildings, constructed from the same material including the iconic metal sheet roof however it was strikingly well designed both practically and aesthetically. It has to be this building she thought, the Headquarters of the Resistance. Mitsuki took a deep breath and stepped forwards as her small white knuckles tapped the wooden door a phew times.

"Sorry to disturb you, is anyone in there?" She asked while waiting patiently in order to avoid barging in rudely.
Megumin~min
Megumin~min

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Sophie scowled at Yukino's departing words, but she should have expected as much. Still, she gain a newfound respect for the Chosen Sword to tolerate actually making her comfortable just to make her prison time horrible. "I can see why the Boss likes toying with her so much...Welp...better enjoy as much as I can before this all goes to hell." She fiddled more harder with her cuffs as she laid on the hard bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking. 'What the hell are you up to Boss? What the hell is so important in a cardfight vanguard tournament you haven't just blown everyone here to smithereens?'
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:59 pm

"You're right, this feels much like we've passed into the eye of a storm. But you should let us old relics worry about what's coming up ahead. The young should be happy and carefree." Okuri responded. He wished these people had just been allowed to be happy. Most of them were far too young to be experiencing the things they had. "And seeing as now may be all the peaceful time we have I feel I should be doing something special with it. But then what haven't I done already?" he continued. He took a sitting position as he began thinking through the years to the various experiences he'd had. It felt easy to just brush things off as not new or interesting. There was one particular something he hadn't done yet in this incarnation but he quickly dismissed the thoughts. Once he got thinking about that he'd have to go do something about it. Eventually he simply lied all the way down on the ground and began looking around.

"You should make it a point to not live for centuries Jessie, people are about the only thing left that's interesting to me." he said sounding quite like an old man in the process. Looking around he took note of Hikari emerging from a building looking over to what seemed to be a very ragged Haruka. But then Haruka had been fine on their way back from the beach. Was it Sera perhaps? There also seemed to be a woman knocking on the doors to the main building of the resistance HQ. She seemed out of place, perhaps not confident enough to ask about of those outside and about the slums. "Thankfully your kind's never gotten too dull." he said smiling as he kept his eyes on the two different scenes from a distance. If that was Sera he was seeing he wanted to be able to talk with him when he was in a little better shape.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Several soldiers approached the wandering and lost Mitsuki, asking for identity and purpose in trying to enter the Resistance HQ.

"Hey man, we're all in this war. So I'm gonna worry about what's ahead. We can do a lot of special stuff once it's over anyway!" Jessie responded to Okuri's trying to handle with things as an adult. Sure, he was still just a kid, but so was Aoi. Yet, they both kept pressing through the storm with the older generation - the veterans. With enthusiasm, he awaited the return of Carlos or any more practice games with the spirit. Honestly, the boy didn't expect to win, but his goal was to at least get far in it. To at least make some progress in keeping up with all the soldiers and monsters like his brother or Hikari.

Then the spirit seemed to... spew something else an old man would say. Man... he was like a grandpa at this point. Jessie gave him a confused look, then looked over to where Okuri was. The commander was messing with Haru- Sera. That's probably Sera. ... Then again, it could be Haruka. Then another chick is at the doors of a building the Resistance occupied.

Humans aren't dull creatures to someone who lived for hundreds of years?
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Okuri started examining the girl at the door more now as Jessie responded to him. She seemed young enough for what he was beginning to come up with in his mind. This would be the part where any normal person would get the "bad idea" alert in their head.

"Say Jessie, that girl at that door seems a bit lost. Why don't we go get you two introduced? I think she's about your age..." he trailed off. Okuri was a horrible judge of human age most of the time. Too late now. Jessie needed more friends his own age and here was an opportunity right here. Making sure his illusion was in place for the girl so that she'd see the white haired man as opposed to the huge canine he stood and began nudging Jessie in her direction. This probably came off as Okuri trying to set Jessie up with the girl not that Okuri would ever realize it in time.

"Hello there miss. Can we help you?" he called out as they approached Mitsuki who was still waiting patiently outside the door of the building she had knocked on.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 am

Footsteps entered the Umano Resistance HQ. Slow, weak footsteps. They were coming from Raiden Mujo, the MIA Detective who had disappeared for days. He had gotten injured, almost killed. Even with days of recovery, his wounds were still crippling. Truth be told, he wasn't even suppose to leave the hospital, but if a great detective knew about anything, he knew about making an escape when the time was right.

Now he was back. He needed to warn someone about what happened to him, even if he was now in a limp. His body shook on the crutches that were keeping him standing. He couldn't handle his own weight anymore. He fell to his knees, collapsing on the ground, hoping that someone would notice. "Have to... warn them..." he muttered, feeling like he could black out. The trip here had not been kind, then again he shouldn't have bee able to even get this far on foot.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:10 am

Neo came back after spending all day at Card Capital practicing with his decks. Neo walked down the stairs and into the deepest of the slums until he noticed someone on the ground..

Raiden!

Neo helped Raiden up and carried him to a bed in the medical ward and went to go get a doctor to help him.

Raiden what happened? Who did this?
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:28 am

As Raiden was in a bed again, he started to cough lightly. Doctors said he had many internal injuries, most were difficult to explain whereas most could be best described as multiple stab wounds.

He was panting in the bed, looking at though he needed rest. Before he passed out completely, he simply said, "Mirai... Noel..." After that he passed out. The doctors heard his message, so if anyone were to check on him they would learn of it even if he was still asleep.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:37 am

Neo waited for the doctors to come out and give an update on Raiden. The last time Neo saw Raiden he was bleeding out and Neo had to carry him to the hosiptal which he barely made it alive. This time it wasnt as bad but still not good.

You must be Raiden's friend Neo. Your friend has multiple stab wounds and is in serious condition. He has been set up and is getting some rest. But before he passed out he said the names Mirai and Noel.. Do they mean anything to you?

Neo's heart almost stopped after that. He couldnt believe hearing the names come out the doctors mouth.

No.. they dont ring a bell..

Neo played it off as if he didnt know anything as he watched the Doctors leave. Neo then pulled up a chair and sat next to Raiden.

So Mirai did this.. Dont worry. She wont get away with this either!

NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:54 am

Sera blinked. It was dark. Darker than black. It was a void none had seen before. It was swallowing him whole---

Oh right he had a box on his head. Sera took off the cardboard box carefully placed on his head and face to block out any and all sunlight from his nap to see the Queen in his face. If he had half the energy he should, he might have spit on her just to piss her off. But he actually wasn't really here for that.

Why was he here again.

"Ehhhh..... Oh!"

Sera blinked awake, realizing his purpose for coming to the slums. He hadn't seen Haruka, nor heard back from him since the attack at Gotem City. It worried him to death that Haruka was now MIA, and wasn't answering his texts---

Note: While Haruka was at dinner with the boys, his phone was dead.

---therefore giving the white-haired twin a near heart attack. These things tend to effect siblings, even if they aren't both born biologically the same way.

"Ah, Y-Yukino?"

He forgot her name for a second.

"Have you seen Haruka around...? I fear the worst. Did he die? Is he dead?! DID YOU KILL HIM?!"

Sera was jumping to conclusions and for whatever reason assumed Yukino had more intention to kill him then Harbinger did back at the battle. Probably has something to do with Sera not being aware that Haruka already did his time for the "gumball" incident weeks prior.

"I-I mean is he okay?"

The alien boy stumbled on his words.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 pm

"Huh?" Jessie perked up at Okuri's noting a girl and taking off. "What does her age have to do with it?" The boy obliviously asked, not even remotely sure if this was just to get them a new friend or get him a... girlfriend. He'd be embarrassed if he actually understood which one was the spirit's aim. Sure, the lass over there was... pretty, but he didn't actually... Oh, great, this is what Okuri is doing, isn't it? Sighing, the youth simply followed.

Meanwhile, the Chosen Sword gazed upon Glendios in confusion. Not by his stammering or why he was here, rather, why he hadn't tried to irritate her into all hell yet. Is something wrong? He even said her name without an extra sneer. Instead of vocally inquiring it, she listened to Sera ask about Haruka, then completely overreacted and asked if she killed him. While her brow was raised to respond with "are you stupid', if no one saw Haruka after Gigaton and knew about the... gumball incident, then... Some would believe he was dead.

"I haven't seen him since the Halcion operation. I didn't kill him. I'm sure he's fine, as I would know if something's wrong."

Call it Yukino's magical and imaginary Wife's Intuition.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Megumin~min Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:22 am

Two figures opened the door and invited Mitsuki inside as she bowed gracefully just like a lady would. "Ah, I'm sorry to intrude but is this the Resistance?" Mitsuki questioned as she noticed a girl around her age and smiled warmly as soon as they made a short eye contact. The inside was surprisingly well decored, a little bit narrow and crowded, but nonetheless good taste in furniture. She then touched on the edge of the sofa and leaned against the antique leather, as cold as ice. She took a deep breathe in, ready to tell her reasoning but she sure would appreciate if someone told her to take a seat. Sitting down before the owner of the household invites them is a tad rude.
Megumin~min
Megumin~min

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next