Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess)

2 posters

Go down

Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess) Empty Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess)

Post by Nova Major Sun May 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Victoria stayed in the sidelines after the Zoo event finished, with a lot on her mind and looking at the noisiest group talk about practically everything (She wasn't paying attention, of course) and then walk away to wherever they wanted to go (Again, she wasn't paying attention). It was strange to see them go as they were the most passionate about the game, but maybe it was related to the fact that the branch director wasn't there. Anyways, that wasn't important at the moment.

The young girl only thought about how people could hold a card game so dear, finding it completely crazy and delusional. No matter how much she analyzed it, her logical way of thinking couldn't wrap her head around the whole idea. At much as it pained her, she decided that, to finish her little experiment, she had to actually play the game. She came to the event just because she promised her older brother to do it if he stopped ignoring his work. As far as she knew, he did it just once, but given that she knew him pretty well, she needed to make sure.

Stepping up towards the man known as Varess Yamata, right hand of the branch director of Zoo. Given that she won one of the prized golden cards during the event (By doing 0 cardfights whatsoever), she had the right to challenge the branch director or at least the previously mentioned cardfighter. Ignoring the rest of the fighters present, like a particular green-haired girl she had a brief altercation with, Victoria stated her intentions.

'Mister Yamata, my name is Victoria Estevez' The girl started. 'As I won a golden card, to truly complete the event I only need to have a final cardfight. As the branch director is nowhere to be seen, I suppose you will be my opponent'. She took out her brother's deck, preparing herself. 'I don't, no, I can't understand the love people feel about this game, so I decided to try cardfighting at least once before making any new judgment. Will you please help me?'.

Last edited by Nova Major on Mon May 07, 2018 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess) Empty Re: Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess)

Post by Best Girl Mon May 07, 2018 12:12 am

"Ah?" Varess busied himself with the event wrap up, thankful a number of people didn't care about fighting him in Rikuto's place... And quickly dealing with those who did want to play. His trademark grin was upon young Victoria, seemingly most uninterested, despite his expression. Why people cared about Vanguard or not wasn't exactly his territory, nor did he have any strong feelings toward it himself, so he didn't know how to help the girl with her problem. "I can't exactly give you an answer to why people like the game so much." He replied, making his way to the nearest fight table at the pavilion as he continued. "But I can try to help, I suppose. At the very least, you deserve that game you were promised."

Boy, the man wished he didn't have to fight. Ah, well. If he could assist, then he's doing good, so he had no vocal complaints.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess) Empty Re: Little Bit of Understanding (Victoria and Varess)

Post by Nova Major Thu May 10, 2018 12:30 am

'Don't worry about it, mister' Said Victoria to Varess. 'I want to figure out why everyone loves this game so much by myself, but not before having a, heh, 'serious' match with another player'. She then followed Yamata to the fight table he approached. 'I really appreciate all the help you can give. I just want to give closure to this whole deal'. She then placed her borrowed deck on the table. Shuffling cards was nothing new to her, she played Uno before. However, she had to admit that Vanguard cards had some... Weight in them. 'Hmm, strange' She thought while handling the cards.

Taking a good look at her opponent, Victoria noticed how his general attitude showed no intentions of having a cardfight. 'I'm sorry Mister Yamata' She spoke. 'Could it be that you don't want to have a match?'. Victoria turned out to be quite perceptive.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri May 11, 2018 11:46 pm

"Well... It's nothing against Vanguard, just... effort and I don't get along."

Varess is a lazy man for his cunning, permanent smirk. He took note of Victoria's plight, not having the most positive look toward the game as a whole... and realized perhaps the fact that she came off as knowing little about it may have contributed. She almost started with a trigger unit instead of her forerunner, and made a lot of cocky guards that ended up hurting later, but it was more fault of her not knowing his deck than her playing badly. Admittedly, despite her misplay through Recklessness Dragon, she knew the deck well enough to combine her Stride's skill with Crimson Knuckle Dragon, effectively retiring two of his cards thanks to Wrench Knuckle with it while she still came out with one of her own. Wrench Knuckle didn't come from her hand, making it a strong plus two advantage play.

This hindered the Heart Beat of Big Berry a lot, but Varess wasn't overly concerned.

As they went through the game, they mentioned their relatives to one another. He had Ves and someone important he met that got him into Vanguard, while she was looking into it because of her older brother, using his deck. However... "If you can't connect with it, and you come into things with some disdain, it's gonna be hard to see what you're trying to find." He thought so, anyway. Victoria did say she's trying her best to look at the game objectively, and he does believe her... But with no link to a deck that is not her own, she was already not getting the full experience of it all.

Perhaps that's why Varess was able to steal a win through a Double Critical for Managrmr, having two Critical Two attacks on Geograph Giant thanks to Crayon Tiger, and a Critical Two Managrmr that helped the giant panda seal off shields. It was a bit of a sudden victory as opposed to one with build up, in which Varess' expression and tone of voice didn't change at all.

"I hope the conclusion you came to was a good one, missy." The slick gent offered, seeing the result of victory or defeat was less important than her ability to understand.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Wed May 16, 2018 12:23 am

To the young girl surprise, Varess mentioned before the fight that he didn't hate Vanguard, it was just a misunderstanding between him and effort. Victoria obviously didn't understand that, but decided to not investigate further. However, she saw herself intrigued after learning that he had a relative, namely his daughther, that got him into the card game to begin with. Now that was something she could try to relate to.

Victoria used all the knowledge she managed to get from the first cardfight she saw, making some mistakes here and there, like trying to use a Trigger Unit as a starting Vanguard, commenting vital information about her hand to her opponent, or even doing a lot of early Guards to prevent  damage. Even though she understood pretty well the strategy her brother's deck used, she didn't really worked towards acomplish it during the whole fight, focusing only on what she thought should be the most optimal plays. That cost her the match, not that she cared that much.

She assured herself that she was trying to take an objective look at the game, seemingly ignoring Varess comments about not being able to connect with the game af she wasn't using a deck of her own. 'Why would I need my own deck? Playing with any other deck should help me. They always talk like there's something mystic about this stupid game' She said to herself during the fight. The fight reached a sudden conclusion as opposed to what Victoria was expecting, but she didn't mind losing one way or another.

Varess commented that he hoped Victoria reached a good conclusion. 'Yes, I think I reached a good conclusion' She answered while grabbing her cards. 'Thanks, mister Yamata. I think I learned a lot about the game than I wanted to. I wish you good luck'. Once she got them on her pocket, she proceeded to leave the Zoo branch to her brother's home. What was her conclusion? Simple:

'Vanguard isn't made for me. I'll never play it again'.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down