Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege

+7
BluishOver
Xateramusa
Doggy
Dementuo
NovaRaizer
Best Girl
Cipher
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege - Page 3 Empty Re: Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:00 am

Yukino turned to her younger brother, feeling nothing in this dark space but herself and him, even if the sight of Karin would greatly trouble her. These words coming out of his mouth... she heard them all before in a different tone of voice. "I'm a failure, I've always failed, I lost everything". Those kinds of words, anything similar. "I appreciate you trying", he would tell them. The wordless queen stared at her brother with the resolution his own Blaster Dark would hold true, and courageously spoke with the power Ahmes would offer to her heart. Spoke of the despairing past that plagued her.

"I wanted to kill myself thinking I was nothing but a failure", the woman began. "When I lost to Neu Edelweiss and didn't even know it, losing everything I had worked up to and built on... Just when I thought it was alright in my life to fail for once after meeting Haruka and Satoshi... My despair set me on the course of infinite failure, to where my own sister despised my very being for trying to jump off of a construction beam. Because she tried so hard and then I made it all look like it wasn't worth anything. That wasn't the truth, but still a pain I had to live with. I even left to train on Cray for two years because I was scared of this Earth - of those close to me who would turn to see me with disgust or hatred.

And I still stood throughout the failures, despite believing that, I too, was 'weak'."

Painful, painful memories flooded in. Deserved agony too. The arrogant queen Yukino fell in Regionals, and thought her life was over until she made friends for once. When it all seemed well, she still lost everything to a witch claiming to be a savior. She couldn't win, she couldn't protect anybody, she couldn't save anybody. In her sorrow, even after deciding not to jump, the coward ran to Cray because she couldn't face anyone. No... she was scared of them facing her. The punishments of Hana hating her and then having Haruka cheat on Yukino with her... Malicious feelings toward her sister and boyfriend? No, there was none of that. Only berating of the self.

Yet, the strongest woman in the world stood confidently, attempting to sympathize with Seifer. Before she could say more, the confused and bubbly prodigy cut her off.

"If you wanna be stronger, be stronger!" Aoi cheered, still having no idea what this space was or any of the things she saw being real or not. "If you keep losing something, you can keep finding it again and again! Don't be upset with yourself! It's only over if you let it be over! It's only hopeless if you let it be!"

Bashiro spoke too: "I tried to tell you back at Tokyo Tower, but I wanted to say if you feel like no one could catch you, let them try first. If you don't think you're strong, just hang back on us, man. Hell, I'm a grown ass man who's supposed to be a role model for some of the brats here and outside. I ain't the best, but I'll do my job as an adult to carry you. Burden or not."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege - Page 3 Empty Re: Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege

Post by Dementuo Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:04 am

Karin let go of Seifer's collar, her hand dropping to her side. Her eyes were filled with anger, a rage that covered her face entirely. "So you really are just giving up, then? You just want to disappear, have us pretend like you never existed?" Karin's fists clenched.

"Do you even understand what you're saying? About not being strong, not having a reason to live..."

She grabbed a card from her deck box, holding it up to Seifer's eyes. It was Dragonic Overlord. The original Dragonic Overlord. "...I lost mine too. It was taken from me and I was left with nothing. But I gave myself another reason to keep going."

She turned back, walking back towards Yukino and the rest of the group. Turning around again to face Seifer this time, she held her deck out at him, staring him down with fierce, fiery eyes. "...Fight me, right here, right now. Just like when I was blinded before, by my own weakness... I'll make you see that there's a path still open to you."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 am

The images springing on the screen gave Haruka... a stress attack. He was nearly screaming at the top of his lungs, rewatching the deed he had done before. He simply crawled back against a wall in the corner of the room, watching as Karin declared battle on Seifer. His head shook somewhat violently, unable to comprehend the events of the room any further.

I'm sorry Seifer, I'm so sorry, Im so sorry im so sorry imsosorryimsosorryimsorry

He opens his eyes, blankly watching Seifer, fixated on him and only him. Haruka couldn't spit out the apology for making him feel this way, because he knew Seifer wasn't a failure, and there were so many things he wished he could say to help but his throat was closed and his confidence wavered.

Only a few stray tears fell from Haruka's widened eyes, but no real crying. He kept breathing calmly, simply watching. Observing. The grief he made his friend go through, on top of losing his most beloved, was a thing that Haruka himself could never replace or be forgiven for. This was true punishment, for both himself and Seifer.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 am

More words, more thoughts. Aoi was still a bright bubbly ray of sunshine. Bashiro spoke truth, and Yukino... He could tell, and he connected easily with her. But, that wouldn't be enough. No...

Sighing the blond listened to Karin speak, Blaster Dark seeming to appear out of no where. "If that's the case..." he started to turn around, Blaster Dark raising his sword, then stabbing it into the platform. Everything went dark, and then... They were at the outskirts, where the last battle with Glendios was fought.

Seifer had turned around completely now facing them, eyes half shut... And Blaster Dark still at his side. "I'll get rid of you all from this world and die in peace." there was no more talking, as a reverse board appeared between Seifer and Karin.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 am

Dragonic Overlord versus Phantom Blaster Dragon and, subsequently, Phantom Blaster Overlord. This fight was familiar to Karin... It was a fight long etched in Cray's history, the clash between the two great Overlords. The full might of the Dragon Empire crossing swords with the strongest of the Shadow Paladin rebellion... A fight Dragonic Overlord had lost. But even with history's constant repetition, Karin pushed this fight forward to its limits.

When Phantom Blaster Overlord descended, Karin barely had enough to guard. She had responded to Seifer's own aura of darkness with her aura of fire, blazing forth with an endless stream of Breakrides, turn after turn. With Overlord and Dauntless Drive Dragon leading the charge, they pushed against Shadow Paladins fiercely, neither side giving way for the other. A miracle heal on both sides, with both of them continuing to push forward against one another. They clashed one final time, both at their full power, and then...

...They both fell. Phantom Blaster Overlord, despite his injuries, pushed Overlord back, along with the rest of his army. Dragonic Overlord himself had managed to push Phantom Blaster back as well... But neither could continue their fight. They had pushed eachother to their limits, and though the fight was won, the war would continue on. Karin stepped back from the fight arena, falling in line with the rest of the group... Standing right next to Yugure. Karin's eyes remained forward, never once turning to face Yugure directly. Instead, Karin would only speak quietly.

"...It's pretty late, but... Welcome back, Miss Yugure. I'll assist you in any way I can."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:53 am

Raiden stepped up after the display from before. He looked at Seifer with a stare of determination as he placed his deck on the table he had made for these fights. "You were the one that told me reckless actions hurt people," he said to Seifer. "What do you think this is that you're doing? Trying to sacrifice yourself to erase your mistakes... There's nothing more reckless than that!"
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:56 am

The fight between Overlords was one to behold, flames and darkness rising up constantly everywhere. It was fierce, and even as it came to a close, both Overlords heavily injured. Even so, Phantom Blaster Overlord pushed back the entire Kagero army, to prevent them from reaching Seifer. The deck itself seemed willing to die to protect what it was Seifer himself wanted. However... Static appeared around the Shadow Paladin deck for a moment, and only a moment... before everything seemed fine. Just what was that?

"If you people want me to be happy, then have you considered this is what I want? This is how I'll be happy?" he responded to Raiden as a Reverse Board appeared between these two this time. It was time for round two, and Seifer's aura had just flared up exponentially.

[8/20]
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 am

The battle was a fierce one. The Shadow Paladins battled the Liberators. It was exactly what one would expect from such a battle. High amounts of early damage from both sides. Seifer with an early critical trigger. Raiden responding with one of his own as two Escrads allowed for 2 more Liberators to be called. One turn later, Seifer's field was full. Raiden barely scrapped by with 4 damage to 3.

Raiden drew and saw a unit he had once lost. The one who was deleted before, but this was not then. He would fight by Raiden's side now. "Ride! Twin Sword Liberator, Margaux!" The Knight appeared and his Limit Break saw a wellspring of power on all sides. Seifer was force to take the Vanguard's attack but with no triggers on his end, and a damage trigger assisting Seifer's defense, even Garmore, his most trusted unit, could do nothing.

Raiden then watched as Seifer's power was unleashed. Phantom Blaster Dragon appeared, and that was only the beginning. He brought forth the spirit of Blaster Dark which removed his rear from the field. Raiden realized he couldn't guard much this turn. Without the damage trigger, and with a heal on Seifer's side, he could guard one attack but not two. He took the damage from Blaster Dark, needing a heal trigger. It did not come.

He saw Margaux stabbed by Blaster Dark. It was just like when he fought the Deletors. He wasn't strong enough to win the battle. He went into the fight knowing this, and Margaux paid for it. Every time... He looked at Raiden as he picked up his deck. "Your strength is powerful... but you can't want to say goodbye to them... Someone who wanted me to better understand making bonds with others... can't want his to die this way..." He stepped back after that, unable to say anything more.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:35 am

"... I'll deal with you later", Yugure spoke to Karin, not looking at her. Another emotional dilemma, but not one just out of anger. The snow queen approached her beloved, noticing his very obvious discomfort, and gently reached for his cheeks with her ungloved hands. She already knew she couldn't settle what's going on in his mind all at once, yet, she still offered a loving kiss just to calm him down internally.

"You gotta tell us man! We ain't mind readers!" Bashiro shouted at Seifer. "We'd love nothing more than to help you out and help you be happy again, but you gotta help us help you!"

The true power of the Brawlers that was formed by the unification of Bashiro and Jessie were ready to not simply coddle Seifer, but do what a man would to another in need. And that was beat them until they were ready to comply and be healed.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:38 am

Phantom Blaster Dragon's true strength, with the darkness of the Paladins defeated the light... And then... Seifer's attention was brought to Bashiro. "There's nothing left to read..." he sighed, a reverse board appearing between the two. "If it helps you come to terms with what I want, I won't feel any pain anymore. No more suffering... I'll be free."

[13/20]
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:44 am

Raiden heard what Yukino said to Karin. He realized he never gave the message he had needed to give to Yukino all this time. He thought this would be the best place to say it There were no Reaper Drones here, nothing Reaper related at all. Nothing would be compromised. "Yugure..." Raiden said first as it was the first name he ever knew her by. "Karin... she was never against you. She had no choice... Something made her battle us without her wanting to..." He didn't know if saying this now meant anything. It was already so late into the situation. Still, it needed to be said.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:49 am

Yukino took immediate action to aid Haruka. His physical reaction was natural. He kissed her back and it in fact did send him back to the situation at hand, his mind somewhat returning from the horrifying nightmare of killing and destruction in the past timeline. He didn't stop shaking, but it was a good way to at least keep the guy in check. When he pulled away from her, he wiped the marks tears left on his face, looking back at Yukino.

He nodded. This wasn't the time for her to be helping out Haruka, she needed to be helping Seifer. He was the one with the death wish, not Haruka.

With that, he leaned farther up against the wall, giving Yukino the pass to go ahead and deal with whatever issue was at hand. In reality, he was glad she took the moment to come to him and pass off whatever comfort she could. Guess even if he did kill her in another timeline, she would've been the best wife to have.

Two homicidal sociopaths, makes sense. Though she knew of Haruka's misdeeds in the past; he was only learning of what she had done now... and questioned how Seifer was still alive to this day. The image flashed in his head, causing him to instinctively move a bit farther from Yukino, clearly not having fully faced that challenge yet.

"I-I'm sorry. Maybe you should, you know, go to Seifer..."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:28 am

Yukino caressed Haruka's left cheek and moved that hand down to his left arm, then gently squeezed his hand. Simple, wordless gestures to soothe him and remind him that the past is the past, and they're both still here now. That's what the girl has changed to thinking. Yesterday was filled with stress and mind-tearing emotion. However, the present and the next day are what they make of it in that moment, regardless of yesterday. She accidentally stabbed her brother, he killed her in another timeline.

That was then.

With a smile of warmth and confidence, she turned to face Seifer, who was fighting Raiden and Bashiro. Raiden had pushed through with the Liberators and informed her of Karin's situation, and how she felt about Karin not having a choice... Something about that the woman didn't believe nagged in mind. If she had no choice in the matter, why is she here helping them? Harbinger would love to see someone close to them die off and their HQ cloaked in a thick fog forever. In that case, why allow a drone here?

Regardless, the commander took in this information, and continued to watch the Shadow Paladin of the Civil War fight in earnest.

And that man: Bashiro, was hauling more ass than he ever had before in his life. Loss after loss, failure after failure for him when he got involved in this giant mess. He wanted to get trained by Cero to finally be able to do something. But now, he was clearly doing something after the massive bout with Gigaton. The newly superpowered Brawlers fought with the black knights, with the thug attempting to reach his friend with promise, assurance, and the manly way known as a punch in the face.

They were on a roll.

Bashiro's usual curse of a lack of triggers but a massive abundance of rearguards to work in came in initially... then that exploded. With just a draw trigger, then double criticals, he slammed all of his feelings into Phantom Blaster Dragon with a powerful blow from the ultimate manifestation of physical brutality: Big Bang Knuckle Buster. This pinnacle wrecked Blaster Rapier, then further went on to hit the Abyss Dragon. With a Legion, a reveal of being a Crossride, the Manly Leg Brawler, and the evolution of Jessie's image: Big Bang Slash Buster...

... An endless barrage happened.

The two strongest Brawlers revealed that their evolution wasn't just a lesser cost, but now they hit four units of their choosing. The diamond breaking fists rapidly shot and collided into the Abyss Dragon and the Blasters, hitting like machine guns as the others gained massive power levels just from the two of them hitting anything. "Just come back, we'll have some drinks, and a good time", was a promise made behind these blows.

This gauntlet was far too much even for a hand full of large shields.

The sixth damage was dealt, Seifer wanted freedom, and Bashiro was pushed away into Yukino. Honestly, even if he didn't reach Seifer, this was a good reward for his efforts as the man and woman flew into what felt like a wall, him on top of her.

Aoi was too busy wondering what in the hell just happened with Gold Paladin and Narukami. Hell, Kagero too. This isn't as durable as a Reaper, so shouldn't he be down after all of this?!
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:31 am

Bashiro against Seifer, the rematch. And yet, it went about as Seifer expected. Even before Seifer was off grade two, his damage was nearly six. The static roared, nearly covering Shadow Paladin in it. And yet, they still fought. Seifer prepared the counter attack, which ultimately failed to get through the Brawlers might, who in turn flew at Shadow Paladin with a fury of punches. It was over, they'd won... They'd won right? ...The static around Shadow Paladin grew to an massive fury, and the remaining Shadow Paladin troops pushed the Brawlers away and then... Disappeared completely, even the deck was gone... Save for two cards that fluttered down to the ground, glowing softly.

Seifer sighed, shaking his head. The area around them shattered, revealing the platform in darkness from before. But this time, something was different. Seifer was wearing a rather formal outfit, with what looked like a fedora hat, and his hand was on it, crimson eyes staring out from under the edge. At his side was.... Companion Star-Vader, Photon?! The Star-Vader was bowing to Seifer, as if he were some king, though possessed the same lifeless eyes he did. "Why don't any of you understand. Why won't you just let me disappear in peace?! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE FREE?!" Seifer's calm visage vanished, as he shouted... the corpse of Garnet Star Dragon suddenly slowly standing up with new life, standing over Seifer protectively. "All of you go away!" he shouted again, a black and red aura shooting up from his body, enveloping him, and only growing stronger... But the feeling of Reverse wasn't there.

As he spoke, reverse boards appeared in front of those who had yet to fight, Yukino, Haruto, and Aoi. He wasn't giving them a choice. This battle of hearts, was reaching it's climax.

Seifer's Gambit/One's Broken Heart - Umano Underground Siege - Page 3 21033015-ae5c-42e4-b111-91d68787483f_zpsxykqzrtz

Garnet Star Dragon modified skills
[ACT](VC)[CB2, SB1 and Lock one of your Star-Vader Rear Guards] If your Vanguard is in Legion you may pay the cost. If you do, choose up to one of your opponent's Front row and Back Row rear guards and lock them. Then choose your opponent's mate and retire it.

[AUTO](VC)[Choose two of your Star Vader Rear Guards and Retire them] When this unit attacks a Vanguard, if your Vanguard is in Legion, you may pay the cost. If you do, this unit gains Critical +1 until the end of the battle.

0/20

Last edited by Cipher on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:49 am

"Get off of me you idiot!" Exculpate shouted at Bashiro, who really didn't want to move. He groaned in pain, trying to draw out this moment, then the space around them warped and distorted as the Civil War Blasters disappeared in a howling static. They were on a platform of sorts, and Seifer's appearance had changed once again. Even in the flooding distortions of time, Yukino knew she had to get her brother back and destroy the Companion Star-vader that helped completely rend this timeline's stability to pieces. Pushing Bashiro off after getting fed up with him not moving, the blaster woman began to approach the reverse table, noticing the aura. This was all Link Joker's fault, and it isn't going to continue. She didn't reply to Seifer's yelling... yet. No, that was soon to come as the woman who understood the pain of wanting to die and losing everything was ready to talk to him again. To tell him what he can do to feel happy.

Even if becoming a furious, hellbent-on-the-death-of-enemies war hero wasn't exactly an option for him.

"We won't go away! You don't really want us to go away!" Aoi shouted, taking a stand at the table with the Ripple faction behind her. "If you wanted to disappear, you would have already! If you want to be free, then just be free!! We'll even help you!" The prodigy sounded illogical motivation. She truly believed that if the person before them wanted it all to end, they wouldn't be here. Not even he would be here right now. Humanity didn't want to despair and lose to the Reapers, so they killed one. Militiades and Genovious were touched by the childish drive of their vanguard, and stood ready to fight what is possibly their worst matchup: Link Joker's Star-vaders.

Seekers, Liberators, and Ripples would revive the light in this dark domain.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Xat quickly saw the battle happening and heard Aoi shout, and this one time xat felt completly helpless not sure what should be done, she looked at the reversed table and gritted her teeth, and walked over to Siepher. "Why are you doing this? SHe wouldn't want this for you." She asked him refering to the woman he had loved.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:43 pm

It began, the final battles... And Seifer was getting desperate... First up was Aoi, and her Ripples. The precious child, oblivious to what was actually going on other than Seifer wanting to leave fought hard to keep him here. And dear precious child managed to get something other than defiance out of him, even offering him a gumball mid fight, which he awkwardly accepted... This fight was no longer really serious, especially after the gumball, and Photon's constant flipping Militiades off, taunting him... And even revealing a skill that Garnet Star never had before... Genovious... Was retired. At the end of the fight, Seifer apologized again, growing frustrated with how everyone continued to try to get him back, and his inability to actually leave. ...Was Aoi right? ...Next to him, the Photon's visor began to crack...

The next step was against Haruto and his Liberators. This match was... Something else, even with the shy awkwardness from the first fight coming from Seifer, he continued to rebel against them... Fighting Haruto's evolved Bluish Flames blow for blow, until...

"Just fall!" he shouted at Haruto when he no guarded, Garnet Star having gained an extra critical, and Seifer being the scumbag he is driving two extras... pushing Haruto from four to eight. Photon's visor cracked more, and it seemed the blond was losing steam. He was panting. Are you guys actually going to be able to do this?

9/20
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Outside the base, Okuri simply stayed in Jessie's embrace, letting the boy take his time to get his pent up feelings out. He felt truly happy here and it would have been great if not for the fog and overall ominous presence he felt in the area. He inquired of the nearby medic staff who had begun looking him over to ensure he really was okay. They explained simply that somehow the fog had moved everyone in the base outside and that Yukino had taken a unit in to deal with the issue.

Okuri began looking to stand up thinking he should be there to help. The medics quickly objected but they didn't really need to say anything as his legs didn't hold out for very long. He wasn't in pain but every part of him seemed entirely fatigued.

"Guess I'm not a hundred percent yet." he said with a halfhearted chuckle. It seemed he was going to simply have to wait with Jessie for this one.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Yukino versus Seifer. Brother against Sister, and... The fight went beyond the clash of blades. But the Star-Vaders, somehow they were losing their will to fight, even triggers failing to fully activate. Photon's visor broke fully as the siblings fought and spoke... Yukino relating to her brother her own misery through words and actions. They were to similar, to much alike. Maybe it was the resonance between siblings that caused the Star-Vaders to develop some emotions. Or maybe it was their deep connection to Seifer... In the end however, against the King of Knights, their will wavered and ultimately... Even with the advantage, they accepted defeat. Even they wanted Seifer to live, to return home.

As the last damage was dealt, Seifer's head went forward, his bangs covering his eyes... And he shuddered. They'd won this time right? But the space stayed up, there was something wrong. It wasn't over.... Quietly Seifer hugged himself, tears rolling down his cheeks. It wasn't over, but he didn't know if he could fight anymore. ...He had to. He knew, but it hurt now to fight them more than ever. He thought he'd steeled himself for this... But he was wrong. Aoi was right... He didn't want to disappear. ...But who was left to fight?... Who was it that would finish this?

Garnet Star Dragon's skill return to normal.

[15/20]
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm

The sound of breathing was echoing in the hallways. His breathing was growing heavier and heavier with every moment as the battles waged on. His heartbeat was growing rapid, as if it were going to literally beat out of his chest. What was this feeling? What was going on in his head? Why couldn’t he understand…. Why?

Ripples, Liberators, and Seekers all raced onto the battlefield that was Seifer’s domain. The ferocious dragon, Garnet Star Dragon, of the Star-Vaders. Seifer was now aided by the power of Lock inside of this realm and it was to this degree that he realized… this was not going to be an easy battle to win.

Ragged breathing approached further, his heart was now on fire. It was as if no matter how hard he tried, every attempt to get closer to Seifer was slowly disappearing. Despite the success of his comrades, he felt trapped…. He felt weak. He despaired. The cavity in his chest that formed from the beginning of his life had only grown larger and larger ‘til he was literally falling apart at the seams. Seifer was now feeling that way; the way his live began to unravel was tragic, and even more so because every attempt at saving him resulted in only his further ambition to disappear into nothingness.

This served as his stepping stone.

Memories of the park. A moonlight shone on these the two quietly. He was apologizing… memories of the past that he could never forget he created. The day that he and Seifer formed a true bond. This bond was strong, but it only further strengthened further as only weeks later did the two become engaged in a battle to save each other from self-destruction from the black rings of Lock. But even then he felt it… in his heart? No, he felt it in his mind.

Because it wasn’t until three months after that day, did he finally manage to gain a body. And with this body, and the memories of emotions he gained, he would bring back the Seifer he apologized to. The Seifer he battled to save the world. The Seifer who took him out to get ice cream and the Seifer he knew and loved and swore to nobody but himself, that he would bring back. Not for anybody else’s sake but their own. They had a score to settle, and Haruka refused to let this guilty king fall from his throne just yet.

“Seifer!” He turned the corner of the hall on his ratty converse, dashing as the fog drifted from his shins. Sera Nakahara was lathered in a mix of many different emotions, but the one that rang true in his eyes and on his face, was latent disrespect.

“Sorry I’m late.”

His breathing was heavy, his shoulders rising and falling. Memories of the last talk they had in the park now before was pushing him to act. He was always taught that you need to have hope for the future. Without hope, you lose faith and lose your path. But Sera knew just a little better this time. Hope doesn’t matter if you aren’t willing to act.

Hope is for the masses, but the heroes will always act. They are the hope for the people, and right now Sera is the action. Seifer was the motive, the Resistance was the hope and in this very moment in time, Sera was going to be the action.

His voice grew warm. The way a father talks to his son about learning to play ball, or the way two brothers talk about their new favorite video game, or how two best friends get ice cream together and talk about the past.

This was the now.

“Seifer. I’m sorry.”

The words Haruka could never speak, said by the perfect counterpart.

“I’m sorry I ruined your life, and I’m sorry you followed me to get me back for all the suffering I caused you back then and I’m sorry Rose is gone but the life you’re giving up is just as precious to everyone here and more. I’m sorry I killed Tsubasa twice and that I took him out of your life and you have every right to want to tear me to shreds but despite that… I don’t want you to go because I exist.”

He walked forward, catching his breath now. That was not a delightful nap earlier. He placed a finger on the stitching on his lip, ripping the red thread apart with the nail. It snapped, falling through the small holes in his flesh. Next were the arms. Then the neck. The thread all came loose, hitting the floor and snapping apart. Sera was fine.

“Don’t you get it? I’m real now, Seifer, you can’t run from an illusion that’s walking and talking and feeling what other people feel. You won’t wake up and the evil will just be gone.”

He smiled at him.

“Seifer, someday the dream will end. And I won’t let it be today. Or tomorrow. Or the day after that. Not until this walking illusion right here,” he pointed to himself, “is six feet under.”

His smile was accompanied by a finger at Seifer now.

“There isn’t a thing in the world I can say to bring you back to us. So now’s the time for action.”

Dark Zodiac wasn’t laughing. Astro Reaper wasn’t spinning his scythe with a cackle anymore. A battle of brethren on two fronts, this time not to save the world…

But to save a life. This wasn’t Sera’s fight. This was Seifer’s.

“We have a score to settle, after all. And I expect you to buy me more ice cream when this is all over. Take responsibility, Seifer!”

W-What.

"By the way, Happy Birthday, man."

His grin rose a bit.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

The battle between the Chosen Sword and One's Broken Heart began. Aoi reached Seifer's heart with her bubbly personality, telling him to just be happy if he wants, and that he wants everyone to be here helping. She offered him candy in the middle of the fight, destroying the harsh tension of seriousness that choked the air as much as possible. He took it, and she knew it was tasty - because he wanted it to be. Depression, despair, it can lead one to believe food no longer has taste. Yet, because he still believed, it still had taste.

The words of a childish soul reached out.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to take away your pain yet", Yukino apologized, believing everything that happened to everyone in this war was her fault. She wasn't strong enough to end pain in an instant. Seekers - just as Gold Paladin with Ezel did before years ago, relayed the feelings of heart for their Vanguard by slamming into the Star-vaders. ... And they would not allow Photon and Garnet Star to harm Ahmes, Exculpate, or Alfred. Though the queen drew triggers without end, the benefit was she had an enormous number of guardians. The ability to Superior Call from the deck even further balanced this.

King of Knights, Alfred XIV stood firm to protect his nation from the invaders, and restore light to the world. Even if it wasn't with everyone initially, he did not falter, for the aces of light: Blaster Blade Seeker and Exculpate the Blaster were next to him. The will of the locked dragon and his subordinates were fading as they were attacked and the elder sister spoke to her brother. For, unlike others, Yukino did not have an answer beyond sorrow, still experiencing it herself. Like drowning in the ocean of your own mind, it was Hell just because it wasn't numb. Because she didn't know how exactly to make it go away, she wished she just didn't feel it. To be a sword without a heart.

Fate hated these siblings. Yet, the woman did not believe in simply rolling over and dying - a rejection of destiny. It's not fair, but that didn't mean they still couldn't find some happiness. That didn't mean they couldn't get anything back. No, Yukino would say not they "might" get them back, nor would she give up and say "it is impossible". That person who watched the end of a timeline said they will get everything back. Seifer has to be there - alive - to greet Rosalia back home. He has to come back, because the selfish queen wanted everything back. She wanted her brother back.

The Star-vaders, the triggers, even skills from Garnet Star began to fade.

All of the Seekers banded together in a full field, holding hands and swords up together. His Majesty struck true against the zombie dragon and the mate that stole away his dear friend from the timeline. Tearfully, Exculpate the Blaster... reached out for Seifer, beyond Link Joker.

"Just come home. You don't have to fight anymore, all you have to do is stay alive and be there. I'm your sister... so just let me handle everything. I'll bring back your smile."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:17 pm

The battle between Haruto and Seifer started off in a strange way, with the quiet Seifer not talking as much until he was forced to later on in the fight. The liberators gave their all, transitioning from Prominence Core to Percival for his words to reach Seifer and then to Alfred for an increase in power. Unfortunately, Haruto's fear of the Star-Vaders got the better of him in this fight, especially when Garnet Star forced his legion with Aglovale to be stopped. Even the new unit that had joined Haruto refused to activate its ability.

"Tch, I'll make you see, you don't have to disappear!" was yelled, as Haruto and his Liberators charged against Garnet Star and the Star Vaders, unfortunately their power was not enough to break through...

Failing to draw a Perfect Guard allowed for Garnet Star's double critical check to end the fight and pushed Haruto away with its force, in the end the boy was ready to face Seifer but he was not ready to face the Star Vaders and ultimately himself.

"Yukino....everyone...please help him see that he should not disappear." he said, with tears flowing down his eyes.

He had failed when his friend needed him, when the Liberators believed in him, in the end he felt unworthy and ultimately a failure, nevertheless he continues to hope that Yukino and...Haruka? Will be able to help bring Seifer back.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:22 pm

The last fight... Sera against Seifer, and yet, unlike the rest of the fights...Sera's shit eating grin turned the fight from somber to something more... Comical. They were constantly badgering each other, and then Sera made it awkward by taking something Seifer said a bit to seriously. "Quit!" he yelled at his now blushing friend. Sera, stop, you're doing to much. But in the end, even as their Link Joker rematch raged, the two were smiling... Seifer was... having fun. And at the end of it all... Even losing, Seifer retained his smile as Dark Zodiac, and Garnet Star bro fisted.

"...Ha... I lost. I really am no match for you guys..." he was smiling softly looking at each member of the group. While his eyes remained mostly lightless, there was life in them now, their color slowly shifting to a gentle violet... The roots of his hair turning brown again like his hair used to be. It seemed reverse's influence was wearing off. Slowly, the space they were in started to crack and break down... Shattering around them. The group would find themselves all just outside of the HQ, as if they'd never gone inside... And Seifer was now outside with them. He staggered for a moment before falling onto his back, barely breathing. Of course he'd do this now, he was exhausted. ...However in his right hand was a new deck, that seemed to glow with a bright flame... And a single face up card at his side. It was mostly blank, except for looking like Blaster Dark. There was no other text on the card...
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3