Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shibuya Shinto Shrine

+5
NovaRaizer
aja201
Jello
Dementuo
Best Girl
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shibuya Shinto Shrine Empty Shibuya Shinto Shrine

Post by Best Girl Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Shibuya Shinto Shrine YV2O9th
The power of Christ compels you- wait wrong religion.

Field Status
People pay money to Gods like they need it.
Don't laugh at them that's very rude.
There's statues of random deities in this area.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shibuya Shinto Shrine Empty Re: Shibuya Shinto Shrine

Post by Dementuo Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Sakuya dropped a few coins into the collection bowl in front of Tsukuyomi's statue. "I hope this helps in some way." She whispered happily to herself, leaving the moon goddess' shrine. This had become standard routine for the girl, visiting her favorite deity's shrine and leaving a small token behind after a short prayer. In fact, Sakuya had been doing this for years now. She pulled out a deck of Vanguard cards and flipped through them, smiling to herself. Sakuya felt like her prayers were answered, at least most of the time, with her incredible fortune in Vanguard. She was often lucky, and had participated in a number of regional-level tournaments and placed within the top cut almost every time (well, after the first few being total disasters for her). To Sakuya, it was as if Tsukuyomi herself was gracing her almost every time she played.

Tucking the deck back into her pocket, Sakuya wandered off gleefully towards whatever events the day had in store for her.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:54 pm

"This is really awkward."

"Nah, it's fiinneeee!"

"I-I don't feel comfortable though."

"Why can't friends wheel each other around casually?"

At the top of the shrine on this decently nice day out, Haruka was in a wheelchair due to lack of strength. But he insisted on going out today, so Mizumi ordered the boys do some bonding time and visit the local shrine and pray for good health, and in doing so, Sera was delegated the task of wheeling Haruka around for the day.

Haruka was dressed in his normal suit and outfit, expecting to return to the Espoir Mansion for work. That didn't happen. Sera was wearing a blue and white baseball t-shirt and jeans ripped at the cuff, and lots of really colorful bracelets. Twins from two different worlds, some might say.

"Haruka, let's get fortunes!"

Sera was giddy with enjoyment, learning about culture. Although, Haruka really had no complaints. He shrugged, gesturing his head to shrine box for Sera to wheel them over.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 pm

"Um, excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear, did you say you wanted your fortunes told?"

The Korean champion tapped the shoulder of Sera, giving a polite bow in greeting. "My name is Sakuya, and I do fortune tellings. If you'd like, I would be more than glad to tell yours, as well as your friends' fortunes. At no charge, of course." She gave the group a million-dollar smile, pulling the deck of Tarot cards from her deck box. Sitting on one of the steps of the shrine, she set the deck down next to her, laying a few of the cards out from the top of the deck in the usual Tarot fashion.

"Just tell me who wants to go first, and we can begin."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Daichi slowly made his way to the shrine, viewing the multitude of people abound today. It was probably the nasty bit with the weird space monsters, lucky for him he was pretty far out on the day of the attack, and today it seemed like many were here to pray for.... Well, whatever they wished for. Some for their families, some for their safety, a odd group of folks nearby chanting to accept the inevitable.

Nothing like space beasts attacking the world to cause everyone to be even loonier than normal.

In his case, he was paying a visit to wish for good luck. He wasn't all that superstitious but then at the same time it never hurt to have some sort of emotional crutch for ones wishes.

Today the young man was dressed in a casual manner, a white shirt with a light brown jacket and a pair of dark jeans. A single strap backpack was around him, heaving his deck, a metal water bottle, some oatmeal bars, and head ache pills. Daichis' the kind of man that prefers to be ready damnit.

In his ascent towards the fortunes he spotted what seemed to be two white haired folks. Now normally he would conclude that it was just a elderly couple, if it weren't for the case that they didn't seem all that old and that the one pushing the wheel chair just had the same body type as Sera.

Without much fuss he would speed up his pace to the two, seeking his revenge against the lad for before. His hand reaching out to pat his back, a forced attempt to mimic the young mans voice from the day before. All while the twins were already speaking to someone else, yikes, talk about rude.

"Ohayou Sera-kun~"

The words said in a almost mocking manner. Though, this was probably the case. A forced smile as he would pat the young mans back a solid ten times for emphasis.

Would be a weird time if it wasn't Sera, but he was pretty sure.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Sera and Haruka's attentions immediately diverted.

"That's very kind of you, my friend here is just excited today is all. He hasn't visited a shrine before--- Ah, Sera, respond nicely to--!"

Sera was already chatting up the other visitor.

"Daichi-kun! Nice to see you! What are you doing here? Do you want to get a fortune too?"

Sera was grinning ear to ear at the appearance of his friend from the day before, whilst Haruka was busy apologizing to the kind woman who offered to tell their fortune. Considering Sera was catching up at the very second, Haruka offered to go first.

"I'll take you up on your offer I suppose Miss. I don't, uh, have to climb out of the chair, do I? For like, palm readings or what have you..."

Haruka was already breaking a nervous sweat, somewhat unsure of what was really going to happen with this reading. Awkward.

Sera on the other hand, was dragging Daichi around the side to come watch the fortune-telling. He crouched down next to the wheel chair to watch the lady on the steps perform her little magic on the cards. Sera was truly and 100% fascinated with the idea of it all, knowing the future and whatnot.

"Oh, this is Haruka by the way, Daichi. He's my---"

"Brother. We're brothers."

Sera looked at Haruka, semi-skeptical of that choice of response.

"Yeah, we're twins."

The twin boys attention turned back to Sakuya, preparing for the fortune-telling.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Daichi felt the painful sting of defeat, defeat at the hands of the personal space breaking teen. "Y-Yes, just here for a fortune." The first word staggering out painfully, the man trying to accept his loss with pride. Oddly enough that would be pretty fast, he didn't have the time to lament it considering he was dragged haphazardly by the menace that was Sera. He'd make eye contact with the twin, they looked the same to him minus the whole stitches and fashion sense.

One of them actually had one.

It was Haruka.

"Heya." He'd nicely say to the wheel chair rider, flashing a quick peace sign as he spoke, turning his attention to whatever the other two were waiting on.

"What's going on?" Whispering, though oddly enough everyone was probably able to hear him anyway considering the close proximity.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 pm

"Oh, no need to apologize. I understand how hectic it can be for first-timers visiting the shrines. Anyway, without further ado..."

Sakuya laid out and flipped over Tarot after Tarot, checking the fortunes of all three of her guests. Sera got a fortune of "Guidance and higher purpose in life", while Haruka had a fortune of "Abrupt and sudden change". Daichi was given a fortune of "New beginnings".

Having read the fortunes of all three boys, she scooped her Tarot cards back up and tucked them away into her deck box. "And there you have it, friends. Three fortunes, and I do hope that all of them turn out to be good things, for each of you." Sakuya gave the group another million-dollar smile, practically glowing.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:02 pm

Sera clapped with joy, and was really happy with his fortune. Higher purpose in life made him feel like a hero, and immediately wanted to start working harder. Maybe there was more to him in the end. Haruka's fortune was straight-forward, but vague. Haruka had no idea what it would to have an "abrupt, sudden change" in his life.

"Thank you... very much." Haruka was mildly awestruck by the girl's wonderful smile. She looked genuinely kind and all that jazz.

"Arigatou, Pretty Priestess!" Sera was significantly less subtle about it. His eyes were gleaming with gratitude. Sera clapped at Daichi's fortune too, excited about the idea of new beginnings. Maybe it meant he would start anew with Sera and Haruka and their friends.

Wouldn't that be the life?

"How'd you like, Daichi-kun? New beginnings?"

Haruka returned his attention to the fortune-teller.

"Once more, I apologize for my brother here... Sera is a bit of a troublemaker sometimes. Oh, I'm Haruka by the way, Haruka Nakahara."

The hand reached out for a shake. Signature.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Sakuya took Haruka's hand and shook it gently. "Oh, of course, I never fully introduced myself. My name is Sakuya Fagan." Sakuya repeated her name, tacking on her last name in response to Haruka doing the same. "I'm a fortune-teller, of course, and I come here every so often to pay homage to the goddess Tsukuyomi."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:16 pm

"Fagan... Sakuya... O-Oh my--"

Haruka's face lit-up realizing the presence he was in. Things had suddenly become very different. Haruka immediately flicked Sera on the forehead.

"Apologize to the Korean Vanguard Champion, immediately!"

Haruka's face was slightly red, only if by a concoction of anger and embarrassment and pride.

"I, uh... Miss Sakuya, if you don't mind my asking... What are you doing here? In Shibuya I mean."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:20 pm

"New beginnings, huh. Sounds nice I guess." Replying to the hyped up Sera, at least he seemed pumped about his fortune.

Though of course he had a though, just how accurate could those flimsy pieces of cardboard be? Not like he'd ever put his faith in cards! Oh what a silly thought. At least she was cute.

"Thanks for your time." Taking time to thank the woman, just because he wasn't all aboard the fate train didn't mean he had to be rude about it. Then he watched as Haruka went in for the handshake, Daichi simply looked at the group, noticing Harukas comment.

"A vanguard champion?"

Asking that as he opened his backpack and reached in for a notebook and pen, going by Sakuya and holding those out but not actually saying anything. He hoped she'd understand.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Sakuya put her hands up, waving off the bashful boy. "Oh my, please, it's quite alright. I'm just a fortune teller here, no need to let titles get in the way of anything."

"Oh-" Sakuya turned to the boy who had just offered her a notepad and pen. "Oh my... Well, I suppose one wouldn't hurt. Very well~" Taking the notepad from the boy, she signed her name with fancy cursive writing and everything, and even drew in a small Oracle Think Tank clan symbol next to it. Handing the notepad and pen back to Daichi, she bowed once more before turning her attention back to Haruka and Sera.

"Ah, anyway... I'm here in Japan visiting home for a while. Someone already dominated the Chinese Vanguard scene, and I took Korea, so... Here I am back home. The tournament season doesn't really start up again until the Summer, so I have plenty of time here too." Sakuya glanced back towards one of the many shrines, specifically the one dedicated to Tsukuyomi. "It's always nice, getting a chance to spend time with friends and family."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Formed a warm smile after receiving the autograph, stashing the notebook back into his backpack but not before giving it a oddly warm hug. Seems he'd treasure it.

For now Daichi would really not be doing much besides listening in, after all besides Sera they were all strangers to the young man. Of course with the topic of family coming up he pulled out his phone, glancing at something for awhile before putting it back into his pocket. It wasn't too important anyway, probably.

While they were talking his attention would be attracted to random things while lost in his thoughts. Things like what he'd eat today, how to frame the autograph, the weird doomsday folks nearby and their preaching. You know, the important things.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Haruka showered her with praise while Sera sort of just pouted at Haruka's scolding earlier. He felt as though it wasn't fair that just because she was famous and really pretty that he should have to act any differently. Maybe if she could bend the will of the universe like he could...

"Whatchaaa' doin thereeee?" Sera poked Daichi's cheek as he was spacing out really hard after acquiring his autograph. Sera thought maybe autographs but trances on people and automatically assumed that maybe this Sakuya lady did have the power to bend the will of the world.

His eyes filled with awe and then went away as he immediately returned to Daichi while Haruka made common conversation with Sakuya. This was the second National Champion Haruka had met in the past few days. First the Chinese Champion, and then the Korean one? Maybe Haruka is destined to meet them all before the week is over. His smile glowed, despite becoming increasingly tired. His constitution was very low.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, by the way. I'm sure Yukino wouldn't mind meeting you..." Haruka reminisced a little. It's been awhile since he saw her face but only in memory as of recent.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Daichi poked back, he wasn't going to lose in a battle of personal space invasion against Sera if it was the last thing he did. Speaking amidst the random poking.

"Has anyone eaten sushi with a spoon?"

He asked curiously, this being one of the few ideas that had floated through his mind but this was one of the more acceptable ones to ask out loud. Well, barely.

"I mean, it sounds silly but...."

His voice trailing off as he went once more into his backpack and pulled out two oatmeal bars. Chocolate glazing because yum. He extended one to Sera as well.

"Want one?" Asking him, he would offer one to Sakuya and Haruka as well but they seemed to be talking about important things like national champions of vanguard.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Sakuya waved off the offer for the chocolate-oatmeal bar. "Ah, thank you, but I'm afraid I have to decline. That was very thoughtful of you, though." Sakuya flashed a third million-dollar smile towards the kind boy. She was sure giving a lot of expensive smiles today.

"Ah, Yukino? Um..." Sakuya thought about the name for a few moments. It was familiar, for sure. She swore she had heard it at least a few times before. "...Hmm, do you mean the leader of the Resistance Force, Yukino Espoir? You know her personally?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Sera's eyes shined as he accepted the bar for himself, taking a bite out of it immediately and producing a rather satisfied sound.

"Mmmm!!"

Sera smiled and nodded while licking the corner of his lips to get the excess of the bar that he just nommed on. Then he poked Daichi again, moving from his knee to sitting cross-legged on the ground.

Haruka perked up slightly at the sound of somebody knowing her. Obviously her fame gets her places, even locally. He never really thought about it, but dating a famous person was kind of weird since not only did you know them, but everyone did. You didn't get that 'Let me introduce you!' feeling anymore.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend. She's been working hard with the recent disasters befalling the area."

"I'm helping too!!" Sera chimed in, as very, nearly unnoticeable red and black electricity distorted around Sera's area for a brief moment.

"Yes, he is too. He isn't a formal Resistance member per se, but he works with them and might as well be one...."

Haruka and Sera both felt awkward at the same time, as they were disclosing information about the Resistance to the outside world, to people who don't really know much about the existence of the Reapers, who they are, or what they want.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:52 pm

"Resistance force? Is that some team name or something?" Asking as he tried to rationalize whatever they were talking about into something day to day that didn't involve weird monsters. Like a normal person would.

Daichi then proceeded to rub his eyes, feeling as if he saw something but wasn't paying attention enough to actually notice anything. He shrugged that off, finishing his bar before throwing the wrapper into a garbage can and turning back to the group. Hoping a answer was going to be thrown his way, moving his hands into his pockets as he eyed the group curiously.

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Sakuya's cheeks flushed a little. "Your girlfriend? My my, I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like... But she sounds like a wonderful person, and it warms my heart knowing kind people like yourself are helping her. Her work is very inspiring. Like how she took down that monster last night. It was quite a spectacle to see, almost like some old legend made real. ...Oh!"

Sakuya pulled out a notepad of her own, offering it to Haruka. "Actually, if it isn't too much to ask, perhaps I could take you up on the offer to meet with her? I was actually considering it myself, to be perfectly honest. If I could maybe help in some way, even a small way, I think that could be a big step towards helping the world become a better place. So, um, if you could write down an address I could go visit her at, that would be very much appreciated."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Sera cued Daichi in, if anything to stop confusion from spreading at all.

"The Resistance is a group of fighters dedicated to taking down the invaders that is currently attacking Earth. The group formed back during an invasion by another... force of similar caliber. They never made it here, to Earth, not all of them. It was stopped in the nick of time..."

Sera's voice was somber this time, maybe guilty. Definitely guilty, actually. It was ridden in the sins that have been left crawling on his back.

Haruka noticed and placed a hand on his twin's head, patting and rustling his hair. Sera instinctively cheered up, but was still a bit down due to the basic explanation of his own attempt to annihilate the world.

"Well, she's up and about these days, so no where definite... oh, well. Couldn't hurt I suppose."

Haruka shut up and scribbled down the location in Umano where the base of operations had been for some time now. Haruka himself hasn't visited it in about a week, and knowing the fickle nature of the Resistance and its line of work, it may have already moved.

"That address is subject to change, by the way. The Resistance tends to move around sometimes, is all. If you need anything, this would be the first place to go. You can also reach me or Sera at this number."

Haruka left the Toshiki Residence number on the notepad.

"If a woman answers the phone by the way... hang up immediately." Haruka nodded, leaning back in his chair and fixing his tie."

"Sera, can you fix my ponytail for me?"

Sera nodded, climbing from his sitting position and retying Haruka's hair in a high ponytail, redressing his collar and dusting off his clothes in the process. Sera was a really nice thing for Haruka in the long-run, even if he was psycho and lock-happy on the battlefield.

"The invitation is handed to you as well Daichi. Sera, text him the address?"

"Way ahead of you." Sera already did it.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Sakuya bowed politely once again, taking her notepad back and stowing it away. "Well, thank you very much, you two. I truly do appreciate your trust, and I certainly hope I can deliver on that trust in some way or another. I'll head there right away."

Sakuya turned to go, but stopped for just a moment. She turned back around, and gave Sera one last smile. "As for you- Sera, I believe your name was- Keep faith, and I'm sure a good future will come your way soon enough."

With that said, Sakuya waved goodbye and turned to leave, walking off towards Umano.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by aja201 Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Daichi let out a chuckle, dismissing Sera initially but taking note of his shift to seriousness.

"Wait, how would you guys take on giant monsters? That's ridiculous." He commented in disbelief, eyeing the folks. After all, the thought of giant alien creatures existing was already a possibility. Folks being around and taking them down maybe wasn't so far fetched after all.

"I mean hones-" His phone began to ring, his bosses name sat on the screen. With haste he answered.

"Right now? Yeah, yeah I'll be on my way then." Finishing the call with the same speed at which he picked up, a sigh given before speaking to Sera and somewhat Haruka as well.

"I got called into work but I'm probably going to call you later, a nicer explanation wouldn't hurt. Anyway I'll catch you two later." Firing one more peace sign to the two before fast walking away, a small wave to Sakuya thrown as well though he wouldn't be sticking around to hear any longer replies than a "Bye".

aja201

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Later that evening...

"Sir, sir, let's play more," cried the young boy. He and his troupe of grade schoolers were running circles around Sera who was making funny faces and pretending to run away from them in a fruitless game of tag. Nobody was ever going to catch him because he can literally manipulate the rate he moves in time. It's not physically possible.

Haruka sat off a ways watching with a proud smile on his face. The night had set in and the candles around the shrine were lit. They stayed all day for reasons Sera didn't particularly disclose. He said, "Mizumi-chan said its good for your health to be outdoors, but somewhere safe."

Haruka took the words to heart, in a sense. A priestess came out from the side of the large temple at the head of the shrine, and brought out lemonade for the two young men keeping the attention of some of the local orphan boys. It was a memorable experience, knowing even in a time of fading hope, you can rekindle the flame of youth.

"Hai, haii, okay, one more round. Ready? Go go go gogogo!"

Sera dashed off into the trail that goes around the shrine. That's where they had been playing their games of tag. The kids all giggled and started running after him with the eyes of warriors. "Charge!" the biggest one of the kids proclaimed. They all followed his heroic lead.

"Ah, thank you," Haruka said to the priestess. She simply bowed and walked away with a small smile. She was experiencing what Haruka was: pride.

Haruka turned his chair around to face the shrine itself. He sat the lemonade in his lap, pulled his hair out of the ponytail and clapped his hands together. Haruka had really long hair, and many tended to confuse him as a woman due to it.

His eyes closed, and his lips murmured...

Yukino... Karin... Satoshi... Seifer... Haruto...

He further rattled off names.

... Uncle Toshiki... and Sera. Please, stay well. Be safe. Please.

The priestess had to stop herself from retrieving the glass of lemonade as Haruka was struggling to not cry at the shrine. He felt the weakness set in. His lack of contribution to the effort. The fact that so many people are fighting and he has done, what? Stay in bed and dream of water? Then get babied by his cousin and Sera?

It irritated him, to say the least. He grit his teeth slightly, releasing the clapped hands and taking a few deep breaths. After fixing his emotional compass, he nodded for the priestess to retrieve the mostly empty lemonade glass. Just as she did, he could hear the kids yelling from the other side of the path, and Sera running out with them in tow.

"Another sir, another!"

"Now, now boys. These two have to get home soon, its getting late." The priestess chimed in on behalf of Haruka and Sera. The boys all simultaneously rounded Sera and gave him hugs. He stood there with an astonished look on his face. Several moments later, he crouched down to their height and took all 7 of them into one giant hug.

"I'll be back to play more again, okay? I promise!"

The kids all cheered in rejoice. They couldn't wait for Sera and Haruka's return.

"Shall we go now?" Haruka asked Sera, who had just sent the boys off down the shrine and back to the orphanage for the night.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Malice walked towards the Shrine. Deities were plastered all over as statues. This was something Malice could easily alter. His hand went to the ground as he let the power of his Seed alter the reality around him. It was more than he had done at once in some time. He would have to thank the latest battle against the Reaper for the amount of energy he had to do just a thing.

Shibuya Shinto Shrine IG0HdyH

"Now to wait for their arrival..."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next