Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 8 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Dementuo Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 am

Karin lifted her arm to Yukino so she could see the Reality Bangle clearly. "Well, you gave me this during the first Reaper attack... but, I could remember three months ago, after I, um... carried you through the snow after your fight with Haruka... You gave me one like this back then, too.

But, it's gone now... Probably because of the Reapers.
"

Karin put her arm back down. This was the first time she had talked about what she actually remembered. Well, "remembered" about the now-likely-erased timeline, anyway. Even just thinking about how powerful this alien threat was made a depressive frown cross Karin's face, though she at least felt a small inner peace in knowing why her memories had been so awry as of late.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:30 pm

"... The previous bangle is useless anyway, it wasn't engineered to be able to call units into reality by itself, so it couldn't help against the reapers."

Yukino wasn't sure if Karin was actually aware of the timeline's distorting or not. It could have been a simple guess over what she just said about Reapers being able to delete time. It'd be nice to know someone was aware, but that was likely not the case. The memories of the snowy battlefield between herself and Haruka came back to mind, but she didn't remember Karin carrying her back... because she blacked out from heavy blood loss.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Xat stood up from were she was sitting and left the slums heading towards the forest were she uselly gose to think.
Xateramusa
Xateramusa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Although the brief meeting between acquaintances was something that Carlos didn't want to interrupt, he decided to continue with what he came to say. "Sorry for the interruption, but there's more I need to tell you. Apparently, we don't need to worry about Gear Chronicle. They wont fight against us... Or help us in our fight, either way. They are the controllers, the pioneers, the guidance, the... Huh, dancers. And a lot of other titles".

"Maybe they want to help, but their leader can't because... Well, reasons. I guess if he doesn't give the order they can't do anything. But on the bright side, they will act against the Reapers only if they happen to destroy every single human being. So it's a maybe".

"Oh!" He recalled another detail. "The agent, named Chronos, summoned or transformed into some kind of dragon that gave me this thing" He said while showing them the sheet of paper shaped as a vanguard circle. "Along with cryptic instructions on what I have to do to make this circle react".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm

"What's this now?" Yukino inquired, staring at the blank card Carlos was holding. This organization of pioneers or whatever sounded amazingly useless. A true form of neutrality not wishing to fight for the Reapers... or humanity. At the very least, they wouldn't be another issue, so the commander didn't have to worry. Plus, they'll help out... if everyone dies first. That's not a "maybe" that was favorable to anyone.

"Chronos... What did he tell you to make the circle react?"

A lot of this sounded like baloney, frankly. But she knew better than to not believe in the supernatural.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:51 pm

"What did he tell me? Let me see..." The young man tried to remember. "... That's a good question" He answered, unable to recall the instructions. "I'm sure it was about life choices, but that's not the most important part".

"Knowing that he was an agent of time, it was logical to think that he could see the future to a certain degree. I asked him about the next Reaper attacks. Everything he told me was that we'll win the next battle, but said nothing about the others. It's hard to believe that we can beat one of those monsters given what happened the last time, but I'm confident that Chronos told me the truth".

"And that's i- No, wait. There's more" Carlos said, recalling one last detail. "He also mentioned something called the Rift as the reason of why his clan fell apart. He also said that my 'commander' should know about it. He was talking about you, right?" He asked Hikari. "If that's true, I need you to tell me. If we know about it, maybe we can convince them to help us. Chronos seemed unwilling to lend a hand because of that".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:33 pm

They'll win the next battle against the invincible reapers? Is this some sort of condescending joke? "You'll have to forgive me if I find his prediction hard to believe", the command stated coldly. They don't have a realistic chance of winning when they can't put a dent in those monsters. Their only hope was pushing them back and save people under fire. That aside, what caught Hikari's attention was Carlos' statement about the Rift and the clan. The reason they feel apart...? Yukino was slightly wide-eyed, surprised there was a connection, and pondering what Gear Chronicle actually was. If it was the Rift, and the Seeds appeared from the Rift...

"... That Gear Dragon?" The Chosen Sword questioned out loud. After a few moments, she sighed, and her expression softened from its bewildered look.

"The Rift is a tear in space-time that's been plaguing us for awhile. A few years ago, it seemed to be some sort of radical void formed by the mind of whoever was there, stole away people from this time, and even granted immense power. The Dragon of Hell: Phantom Blaster Dragon evolved from this power, my sister's clan: Bermuda Triangle was once sucked into that nightmare, and demigods have come out of it. I'm still not certain what it is exactly - nobody is, but if there's a connection between Gear Chronicle and the Rift... a reason why their clan fell apart...

... I'm going to need to meet with this Chronos."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:53 pm

"I'm beginning to think that this is no longer about the lore of the game" Said Carlos. "Meeting Chronos is a good idea, but there's a little problem with that - I don't know where he is right now" He explained. "He literally disappeared after giving me this piece of paper. He could be anywhere. Or nowhere, for that matter".

"But..." Carlos continued."What are you planing to do once you meet him? Nothing bad, I hope. Remember he's one step from being our god and all that".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:54 pm

With all of the commotion, it wasn't even noticed that Raiden slipped away in order to do research on his own. He was in the labs that the scientists had constructed with what little they could and was now analyzing the energy of Malice as well as checking it with what was on his Deleted units. They were not the same at all. It was surprising. They both should come from a power that had origin with Link Joker since Deletors were a form of Link Joker and the Seed came from that as well. Why was this not the case?

Whatever the reason, it meant they were uniquely different. With some time, Raiden could develop a means to track them. Time was something they didn't have, though. The wheels of fate were already turning. Raiden took a moment to look at his units. Compared to what everyone else was capable of, he was just an ordinary fighter. He would do all he could to help them, though in his heart he had a feeling it would be the end of him. "Its not like anyone would miss me," he said to himself as he continued his work.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Yukino glanced off in the distance to see Raiden's movements in her peripheral vision. She didn't follow him to the lab or follow him leaving Umano, she simply knew to keep track of him and get a lock on him after this. He was a valuable ally that should not be lost by any means if she can help it. "This wasn't about the lore of the game", the commander responded to Carlos, looking back at him. "He'll be somewhere. There would be little reason for him to wander about if he wasn't going to help anybody. He could have just stayed in whatever pocket of space in the Rift he came from, if he's from there like the rest of his clan. If I were to meet Chronos, I'd ask him about Gear Chronicle and everything he knows about the reapers."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Karin had been holding her tongue, more or less accepting she wouldn't get any better answers than what she had been given. She simply sat in silence, listening to the other conversation going on between Carlos and Yukino. That is, until a vibration in her pocket brought her out of it. Pulling out her phone to check the new message, she sighed in frustration.

"God damned...!"

Standing up and tucking her phone away, she turned to the rest of the Resistance base, then to Yukino herself.

"The squid is back in Kizoku. If we're supposed to win this fight, then we've got to get there as fast as we can."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:58 pm

"Commander!!" Several soldiers cried out in a panic, rushing toward their leader armed with weaponry. "Kraken's back! He came back and he's right back at Kizoku! He's stampeding through the area!" A male warrior reported, synchronizing his information with Karin... well, more of repeating it.

"What?!" Hikari reacted with shock, surprised. No... why was she surprised? They couldn't kill a Reaper, so better to attack quickly instead of waiting for humanity to come up with an answer. And that was their biggest problem, they had no answers to defeating that abomination. The Chosen Sword's teeth began grinding again, seething with frustration over her own powerlessness. It was heart-breaking, yet, a mask had to cover that up for this moment. Even if they could not put it down, they could...! "I want able bodies to Kizoku to start an evacuation effort! Those who can fight with the Reality Bangles are going to stand in the front line and hold Kraken off! We're at least going to save people if nothing else!"

Yukino spoke with booming motivation, not sugarcoating the fact that Kraken cannot be stopped entirely. However, standing still over one thing you cannot do leads to misery across all sides, as she has learned from experience. The army was moved simply to hear they could do something.

They began to move.

"There's an answer", Ahmes' voice rang out. "I believe in the power of hope - the might of faith. An answer will reveal itself unto us."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Karin gave Yukino a quick salute. "On my way immediately, ma'am!" Karin confirmed her orders, barreling out the door and off towards Kizoku at top speed.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Raiden heard what was going on. He took off his pair of glasses as he stood up. He wondered if he should even go and fight, if his time was be better spent researching and finding a means to stop them for good. He sighed as he knew that wasn't the right way to think. He hated himself for having that in his mind for even a moment.

He stood up as he grabbed his deck. It was still damaged from before, but it would have to do. He sent a text to Yukino. I'll be right there.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 pm

"W-What!?" Carlos shouted upon hearing the news. "The monsters are back!? This is happening so fast!". The young cardfighter was hesitant to go and fight the Reaper even if he knew that they were going to win. But, after seeing Hikari giving orders even though she doubted they even had a chance to beat them made him change his mind.

"OK, let's go! Wait for me guys!" He said while running with the others. "We are definitely going to win this!"
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:27 am

A lone figure roamed about the slums. His movements were not fast or hurried but clearly carried direction and purpose. Lights shimmered on silver fur as tails swayed behind the figure. Or one might have thought that without taking another glance. It was merely a man in traditional Japanese dress and long white hair. A simple mistake for one to make perhaps. Strange maybe that he was out and about given the events of the day.

Even when he appeared to be fairly alone Okuri kept up his disguise, not wishing to cause any uncalled for distress to any who might stumble across his path. And today was important to not cause trouble. A long search was at its end. He had observed many battles silently, tracked several people's movements. All the waiting and looking had led him to the conclusion that the base of operations was here. The brave warriors, or at least he hoped bravery was present, who had fought to defend the Earth. From what Okuri was still not entirely sure. Any attempt to directly observe battles met with some rather disorienting and painful headaches. Yet there was an unspeakable terror to what had happened and whole cities had been ravaged.

Today as well he had heard news of another attack. He carried no electronic device of his own so as he moved away from the crowded places his access to coverage of the events diminished. He had found the place the group he sought worked out of. What he saw when they returned, or if they returned, would inform him well enough. For now he paced about. A strange sound could be heard around him, something of a growl but almost attempting to hum. His wait was almost over and the potential excitement had him restless.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:11 am

The squad of Yukino, Bashiro, Jessie, and Aoi entered HQ, greeted by cheering and praise for Commander Espoir. Having composed herself during the trip, she gave her gratitude but also wanted to get straight back to work. As usual for their workaholic leader. A few of them stated they have gifts for all her friends and comrades when they come over that weren't hired by the Espoirs, just to celebrate. As Aoi said, it was a good day.

Bashiro watched the Umano folk walk about with a little more freedom and less stressful caution. They were still scared, but began to feel safety with heroes around. Looking back at soldiers moving about for various duties made him feel safer too. Maybe he wouldn't mind getting paid to throw caution into the wind and nearly die. Being a warrior came with a nice, blonde wife and plenty of money for drinks.

"Is that a dog?" Aoi inquired, pointing toward a pacing... man. Not a dog. Bashiro wasn't even going to try and figure out how in god's name she confused a full grown man for a dog of any sort. Maybe if another was around and she meant to point to that, but... he was just too exhausted to deal with her cute little shenanigans. So he simply shook his head. "Am I seeing things? I really think it's a dog..."

Yukino believed Aoi simply due to her firm belief for that which is ridiculous. Wanting to confirm, the Espoir's eyes glew with pupils morphing into green swords, staring at the pacing man who seemed to be waiting for something... or someone. This person had never been here at the base to her knowledge, so was he here for the resistance?
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 am

As Okuri continued his wait eventually activity throughout the slums in general picked up. Clearly something was going on. And before long he saw before him three women and a man. One of the women seemed to have noticed the slight adjustment of her vision to the illusion as she questioned what he was. This magic was in constant need of tweaking. But every time Okuri felt he finally had it down his reincarnation process would generally kick in again and he'd have to relearn a fair bit of the tricks he'd acquired. He was about to greet the three when he noticed the other woman's eyes change. In Yukino's field of vision the image of a man quickly faded and that of a large canine creature replaced it. The creature she saw had whitish-silver fur, deep blue eyes, three tails behind it, blue markings about it's forehead and neck as well as some sort of black and dark blue sash about it. Truly a strange sight to behold on normal circumstances but likely not so odd for her. Okuri knew well enough this one was able to see past his facade. He moved closer to Yukino until he was practically in her face. On all fours he stood nearly at eye level with her, though to the others it seemed the man had simply walked up to her and was looking down at her somewhat. He returned her gaze examining what he realized to be sword shapes that had appeared there.

"You see right through me don't you miss? I would speak to you in private as your comrades look ready to pass out. I can tell from those eyes that I've indeed found who I was looking for. Such deep sorrow runs in them yet they are somehow recently lit ablaze with hope." he said as he pondered the kind of person this woman before him was. He turned to begin walking the other way as if expecting her to reply in the affirmative already, his tails nearly brushing up against her face as he did so. Or rather to the others as the man turned around his clothing and hair almost brushed up against her as he began walking the other direction.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Jessie left the group to see if he could actually get some sort of assistance on the hundred-quest list Cero made for him and Bashiro. Meanwhile, the queen, thug, and prodigy stared at the man/dog before them. Bashiro genuinely didn't understand what he meant by "you see right through me". However, he didn't have the eyes or hyperactive imagination Hikari and Aoi had respectively. Something about this... entity's description of her unsettled Yukino, simply because she didn't like being analyzed by people.

Regardless, if this person had been looking for them, he's potentially a strong ally.

Yukino leaned back from the tails, Aoi leaned forward to feel the majestic fluff tickle her cheeks.

Bashiro's wondering if they actually lost against the reaper and everyone's gone insane. The brawler noted that he'll leave them some privacy, and tells them to let him know when they're heading out to see Satoshi. Hikari left to follow Okuri, and Aoi came after due to curiosity and a desire to pet the dog.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Yukino and Aoi both followed after Okuri while the rest of the group dissipated. It seemed the other girl was seeing through his disguise as well as she leaned in to let his tails brush up against her. All sorts of surprising people here. After walking forward some and a little more confident that they were removed from potential eavesdroppers, Okuri turned to face the two women and took a sitting position, his front legs straight so as to keep his head high to speak with them. Neither immediately asked anything of him perhaps expecting him to begin with what he had to say. The two ends of the sash about him swayed almost as if they were tails as well.

"You're both quite calm given you've seen me for what I am. Most humans panic initially. But then I imagine I'm hardly the strangest thing you've seen today." he began as he took some time to examine Aoi. The air sort of shimmered a bit around him for a brief moment. "There's little point in maintaining my illusion around you two as you've seen through it so now you'll be able see me unaided. Though I would ask of you both to refrain from divulging what I am to anyone else." he stated calmly. For Yukino what she actually saw didn't change but she would no longer require the use of her special eyes. For Aoi, Okuri's form came into focus finally.

"The Earth has been crying out in pain for some time now. And from what I've observed I believe you and your group here to be the ones seeking to soothe that pain. I've watched your battles, tracked your movements, and sought you out so that I could join with you. I too wish to protect the Earth. However, I also needed to be able to judge you all more clearly. Though you protect the Earth should you be of wicked hearts your actions will merely inflict greater suffering at some future point. I've seen it happen again and again among your kind for centuries." Okuri continued as he now looked around the slums. Everywhere he looked he seemed to be both merely looking and deeply analyzing.

"Should you prove to be unworthy the Earth would be better served if I were to strike you down and allow it to die at the hands of this current threat than to have to suffer what wounds you would inflict. I intend to help you while I make that judgement and you should know it will be made regardless of whether you want me around or not. I can continue merely observing if that's what you wish." he finished turning the decision over to Yukino. He hadn't said much of who or what he was and was quickly realizing that might have helped some as humans liked having a lot of information about new things they encountered.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Within an isolated space of the Umano Slums Resistance Base, the girls had followed Okuri away from the public eye so that he may reveal his true colors that they've already seen. Aoi simply got a clearer view of it as opposed to a fuzzy one. Yukino's pupils reverted to their normal states, and the queen stayed deep in thought - listening carefully to this spirit's words. Eyes closed, she pondered more information about the man - err, beast himself more than his willingness to join them. However, upon hearing that the world would be better off dying to the reapers than what she could do as a malicious being, anger made itself present.

"I care not if I'm an evil person... I won't die, even if I were judged as wicked, until every last one of those creatures is dead-"

"Fluffy!" Aoi cut off Yukino's wrath filled response and quickly approached Okuri, crouching down to pet him without permission. Even worse, she began reaching out for his tails to rub them - to feel them. It was as if the situation at hand flew over the prodigy's head, and this left the commander speechless. How could she stay angry when this girl is reacting like a child who just got a pet for their birthday?

"... I want to believe I'm a good person", Hikari sighed, speaking with a calmer tone of voice. "I'd like to know who you are and why you look like this before anything else."

He wanted to be a judge of character? That's fine, but she's a least getting a name out of him. "I'm not entirely shocked by your appearance, seeing as I've seen those horrorterrors roaming about. Still, it is... kind of weird. Color me curious."

"Good boy..." Aoi said, even if Okuri ignored her.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Something Okuri said had angered the woman in front of him. Such raw emotion as she declared death to all of these creatures. As Aoi approached him he initially shifted slightly away from her but she followed through and began petting him. A low growl set in, hopefully enough to dissuade further touching but the girl was not to be stopped. She began reaching for his tails calling him a good boy like some common house pet. The growling ramped up as she continued but he decided to let it pass for now. This girl seemed pure hearted if anything not that that helped much. He shifted his attention back to Yukino.

"You appear to have indeed suffered far beyond your years yet you bear the weight of it well. A good first impression to say the least. I simply call myself Okuri. You would know of my kind depending on which myths of your people have been passed down to you of the okuri inu. Some describe us as yokai who would devour travelers through the mountains if they stumbled, while others made us out for some form of helpful spirit who would guide humans through the mountains and then judge their hearts. Both of these stories are true enough of what my kind did in times long past. But the short of it is I look like this because it is what I am. I'm no dog, wolf, fox, or whatever else you might be thinking. And as you can tell from your... friend here..." he said obviously annoyed with Aoi, "I'm very much tangible."

"I could tell you more of the dozens of lives I've lived among your kind and bits and pieces of the past but I doubt you've much time for stories. I should like to know of you and what you fight. You called them creatures, you clearly know what you're fighting yet I've not been able to look very long at your battlefields with them." he said trying very hard to not bark or snap at Aoi.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:34 pm

The China girl refuses to cease. Yukino stared at her, a drop of sweat falling at the sight of how obnoxiously oblivious this sweet little punk was. An idiot and a sleazebag named Bashiro from before... these are the kind of people joining the Resistance... The Chosen Sword felt unsettled. At least Okuri here sounded reliable enough, and intriguing seeing as he was a spirit. If she didn't have connections or knowledge of Cray and how they operated, aid that wasn't human would've pleased her greatly. It meant it wouldn't have the same weaknesses and exploits as them against the Reapers... but even demons and guardian dragons struggled against them.

"I'll have to hear about those stories when we do have time, but it is a relief to know you're on our side and not trying to... eat us. Judging by you saying you can't look at the battlefields very long, I assume even not being human, you can't look at them for too long... But I don't exactly have a Reality Bangle that can fit you." Yukino replied to Okuri, showing genuine interest while beginning to return the favor of introductions and the gift of information.

"Make a Reality Collar!" Aoi suggested.

... You know, for a moment, Yukino actually considered it, given his form. He said he was no dog or fox, but that didn't change the fact that he resembled those animals in particular...

"... Anyway. My name is Yukino Espoir. I'd prefer you call me Hikari. Her name is Aoi Undyne. What we're fighting is Link Joker - an alien clan that came to conquer, harvest, and or kill every last one of us. Those abominations are Deletors - Reapers that are the elites. Monstrosities that can erase time and space, destroy energy and matter... We use these devices called Reality Bangles among other powers to see them, as they inform wearers of similar brain waves of mine. I can look at the reapers because my mind has gotten used to it. We also need them to materialize Vanguard units into reality and simulate the "game" of Cardfight Vanguard to do battle with them-"

Yukino's long-winded explanation of the reapers and the bangles came at a halt when her eyes widened and realized an important question: How on earth would this spirit be able to play Vanguard? Did it even know what it was?

"Do you know about Vanguard?" Aoi asked for Hikari.

Hikari's phone buzzed with a text, having the queen see Satoshi change their meeting place.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Aoi and Hikari were there names. That much at least Okuri would remember. They seemed fitting enough. The information was fascinating. Deletors, reapers, reality bangles, and of all things vanguard used to fight. Okuri couldn't help himself and began laughing. It was a strange sound, not exactly like human laughter but it was clearly laughter all the same.

"I had theorized it was somehow involved but you really do fight with that game. Oh this is beautiful!" he said taking a minute to calm down. He almost had to lay down on his side but realizing Aoi might take that as an invitation for further petting he quickly sat up straight again. The sash about him shifted some and produced two decks. The two ends even went so far as shuffling and drawing cards showing he not only possessed cards but was capable of holding them. "I apologize I didn't mean to make light of your struggle. I've heard about this game for some time now particularly among the human children I encounter. I prepared decks as a means of interacting with them but to think this is really how you engage in battle. I do know my way around the game so you needn't worry there." he said as the sash wrapped around the decks taking them out of sight once more.

He was quickly liking these people, the joke about a collar aside. They seemed genuinely good and kind. He was hoping the first impression would ring true for all of the group. He wanted to believe in them.

"We've barely met and already you entrust me with such information and show concern for me despite all you've been through yourself. You're a good woman if ever I've met one Hikari. How long might it take for you to acquire one of these 'reality bangles' for me? In the mean time I do still wish to aid you however I can even if battle is not yet an option for me. Simply let me know what I can do. I'm not usually one to do it but if you need fast transportation I can move quite swiftly even with one or two of you on my back." he said. Happiness over the meeting was filling his heart and for the moment he even forgot that Aoi was still touching him.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Yukino felt mocked for a moment. He started laughing, and it was ticking her off. Regret started setting in - she should have never told him anything, he could've been aligned with the reapers, this could've been a lie, this could be... him taking out two decks with his sash and surprising her. Regret was replaced with an odd fascination, awe-filled eyes watching them shuffle and draw cards. While the spirit was on all-fours, the queen understood that cloth was more than magical - working in his favor for even simple things like playing this game. With that and his apology, Hikari accepted that she should trust this spirit for the time being. Her expression softened with a smile, believing him to be reliable.

Aoi was clapping and kind of wanted to give him a treat.

"Maybe I'm desperate", Yukino said in response to Okuri noting how fast this trust came with all she's been through. While unsure if it was the entire truth, it was a fact nevertheless. In these dark times, they needed willing arms. Hands that were ready to fight against the illogical and otherworldly. That which causes "death" by "total erasure". Her stern, stoic look returned, speaking to an excited soldier. "I will need to get you fitted for a bangle, but it shouldn't take long to create one. I thank you for your eagerness and your service to come."

"You gotta meet with your friend first, though." Aoi reminded the commander.

"Yes, I do go need to meet him. I'll get to work on the Reality Bangle soon after. I need to hurry."

With a salute to fellow soldiers, her majesty departed. While Bashiro and Jessie would have come along, they stated they need to get some absurd "chores" done. Aoi decided to stay with Okuri and bug him some more.

"So how'd you pick up the game? Do the okuri inu play card games in the mountains? Did you eat people? Do you eat people?"

The game of twenty questions, starring little miss China began.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next