Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outskirts

+5
Cipher
NovaRaizer
Dementuo
Jello
Best Girl
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Outskirts - Page 3 Empty Re: Outskirts

Post by Megumin~min Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

Megumin sat in the corner, unnoticed and unharmed yet covered in dust. She was absolutely silent but without anywhere else to go she followed the crowd once more. She brought out her dusty cards she dropped onto the floor earlier and tucked it away along with her useless tome of incantations. If only magic existed, there has to be some sort of connection between these cards and magic. She knew it, not only did everyone else appear to be summoning cards but the cards had a weighty feeling of power in it. She stood up and shook her body for a bit.

"Please explain what is going on, I may not be of much help in this state but I still want to know what is happening, is the world going to be destroyed? There must be a connection between this unnatural coincidence and where I came from." Megumin earnestly bowed down with courtesy in order to ask everyone for a favor. "My name is Megumi Nase and I am originated from the Crimson Village, one of the few remaining untainted places in the world. Upon exiting, some kind of natural disaster swept away my village, leaving me as one of the last few remaining wizards. Despite this, I am not able to utilize magic but in exchange I received these pile of cards instead. I really need your help in teaching me what these cards can do beyond simple children's play." Megumin begged.
Megumin~min
Megumin~min

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 am

"I haven't done anything to your 'sister' but tell her the truth." Chronos responded to Seifer. The anger of the humans was of no disturbance to him. His faith in mankind was misplaced, and now, he's not putting it back in them. Seifer's determination was futile to the agent, and Karin's hypocritical rage didn't reach him. "I gave you an answer, then I decided to do what Chronojet always does: bet on human potential. It was a wrong bet, and you're a good example of why I should've never trusted humanity. You and those drones. Your words are as empty as your free will from your flame dragon."

Yukino, deep down, wanted Chronos to have been right in that bet. She didn't know who Gear Chronicle was or this Chronojet very well, but they are entities of time that believe in them. Well, this one was past tense now. Those two that caused everything... Harbinger and Chronojet... The Chosen Sword hated the Gear Dragon, but felt like she let him down. That person didn't sound like he was attempting to completely condemn humanity. He wanted to help them... he even tried helping them individually with Jellal and Neu.

Chronos knew he was right, as even humanity's leader filled with hatred and rage didn't back up anything else she said as others yelled for her. Even Haruto got himself into the conversation. The Spirit of Time knew from day one that Exculpate is an incompetent leader, and she will lead everyone to die. Exculpate herself was accepting the horror of that, choking down some sobs to remain quiet.

"People die, get over it", Chronos began in response to Haruto screeching over his brother. "We are not to give humans immortality or save them from death when their time has come. We don't owe anything to you. With my help, nothing would change. I cannot harm Harbinger and neither can Chronojet Dragon. I have no sympathy for humans, and I am not lazy because I don't help you specifically. Especially when I realize it's fruitless."

"... What does Chronojet want?" The tearful Yukino asked. "What in the HELL does your master want?"

"Humans to survive and for time to change."

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU HELP US SURVIVE?! Time can't change if that harlot DESTROYS IT ENTIRELY!!"

"I did help you, you stupid woman! If it wasn't for me, you all would have flailed about with even MORE destruction caused by the Reapers because you wouldn't understand their weakness! Harbinger is the armored titan no God or Devil can touch, but I believed human potential was beyond that. I'm not beyond that, but I wanted to believe Chronojet Dragon was right and you all were!"

"... Damn... Dammit..." Yukino was far too torn apart to continue retorting to the same thing Chronos said.

Blaster Dark noticed Megumin and realized everyone else was caught up speaking Chronos, and approached the little wizard, even if it was a bit odd to see him talk. "We're at war with massive monsters of the Link Joker Clan. Deletors - we call them Reapers. The world won't be destroyed, but it might just be erased entirely from existence. If you wanna help out and stop this, you can join the Resistance. You were given that Reality Bangle there to summon units, and we can help you out with learning your cards better. There's... still some kind of hope." The ace of darkness spoke to the girl clearly, as if Yukino would. Yami had rubbed off on him, and he was glad he met the Chosen Sword. Now, it was his turn to stop with his edgy bullshit and truly help. All he could do was recruit this young girl who wanted to assist, and held onto a belief that Chronos' faith wasn't misplaced. That was enough.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 am

"Truth? There is no truth other than that you're a coward." Seifer didn't stop. Didn't matter what Chronos said. He still held onto faith, still believed. He himself didn't even know why. "Yukino, don't listen to this trash. We can still win... ...I'll bet my life on it." the brunette stumbled forward a bit more, breathing going ragged. He wasn't in a position to keep talking and yet... "Trash, that's what you are. Just like me. The difference here is I can still believe." the fire continued to burn, Seifer's determination still unwavering. "I've lost everything, my own timeline... My love, my life." Seifer stood fully. "But I'm still alive. I'm still alive, and that's enough to change things. We're not dead yet. The future isn't written." he growled taking another step forward, his Perdition Dragon Knights rushing to join him. They were worried but... They couldn't stop him, even if he was picking a fight with someone stronger than him. "If you're going to give up and run away, then do it. Get out of my sight. But don't you dare try to tell me we're powerless. No matter what it is, no matter what obstacle is in our path, there's always some way. I firmly believe that, and I will gladly die for that ideal."

The Perdition Knights glanced at each other, worried before looking up at Chronos. "I choose to continue believing in Yukino, and humanity. No matter what you say. That will never change, so call me a fool all you want... Say it's useless. I'll just prove you wrong."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 am

"Free will..." Karin's expression turned from bitter to solemn. Chronos was right- She had lost her free will when she sacrificed it to bring Overlord back. It was the very reason she was now called a Drone. She hated admitting it... But he was right. He stood there and stated, in plain truth, that humanity wouldn't stand a chance against Harbinger and Sovereign, and he was right. Karin looked toward the ground, the faint image of Overlord doing the same. Avatar and Vanguard hung their heads as one. They had failed their nation, and their world. Only, Karin didn't want to give up.

She approached Chrono, Overlord's shade gliding behind her, and stared him in the eyes. Amidst the constant rain, both of Karin's eyes shined their beautiful blue, sadness evident on her face. "...Then what? You say Harbinger's armor can't be broken by any god or demon, and clearly humanity can't do it... So then what's left? Nothing can be completely invincible... Right?" Karin had been crying the entire time, but only now did her voice begin to waver and stutter. She was losing her grip, both on herself and on hope. She wanted- No, she needed something to believe in.

"R...R-Right..?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:11 am

"Your foolishness and defiance of those higher than you are what resulted in this. Calling me 'trash' simply showcases that you idiots have no respect, and that is exactly how the Reapers tower over you. You thought it would be simple to 'do the impossible' again and again with no regard to what you were dealing with. Just because Harbinger appears to be squishy as a human didn't mean she was as a Reaper. You all saw that she was armored, and still thought it was so easy. If I'm trash for having common sense and realizing there was nothing we could do from the start, then your battle confirming I was right, then you're all even worst than that. You continue to believe in a woman who no longer believes in herself."

Chronos hissed back at Seifer, revealing his feelings toward humanity's rebellious attitude against the supernatural. It was insolent and arrogant, they deserved this reality check, and had it coming across all of time and space for eons and eons since the very beginning of time. Even Eden, the will of "we'll just do it" was present. The Agent of Time hated this line of logic, and hated that humanity did not know their place. They never accepted their place, and their cockiness would be their downfall in the battles that matter most. Then, he pointed out Yukino's loss of hope. He wasn't wrong, as the Chosen Sword no longer wanted to try. There was no point. If they can't kill Harbinger, kill every other Reaper had basically no meaning other than surviving just a little longer.

Why fight a battle when the final boss isn't any fair?

"I've been searching through every timeline and the Akashic Record for an answer on how to kill Harbinger. I don't care about any of you, it's Chronojet I'm concerned about. And he won't tell me anything, if he even knows. Perhaps, when you mongrels learn to stop judging everything as 'I already know I can', you won't face this again in the end of days."

Chronos turned his back, leaving the mortal stupid to be dumbfounded and left in despair. They could get angry, they could keep crying, but he wasn't watching any of this asinine woundlicking any longer. He did as Seifer requested and got out of their sight.

And it was like God turned his back on them.

Yukino's sobbing ceased, but the tears didn't. She didn't even move from being bent over.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:19 am

Flash. Thunder. The Kaiser entered the Outskirts. He stepped forward, through the crowd, towards the fallen queen. Looking down at her, he reached into his deck and pulled out all his copies of the Abyssal legion, and threw them to the ground in front of her.

"Worthless," the Kaiser said. The self-proclaimed queen was nothing more than an empty husk yet again. "You are completely worthless. One defeat, and this is what you're reduced to? You're unable to break armor after measly attempts and this is what happens? Disgusting," Cero continued as he lifted his boot. It looked as if he was about to stomp on his rival herself, but his foot came down onto the copies of the Abyssal legion in front of her, grinding them into the mud. Except one copy of each.

"You were never fit to be a 'leader' if this is all you can do. I can't believe you were ever my 'rival.' Stand up and face me or I'll drive your skull into the mud, and kill you before the Reapers get their chance to," the Kaiser demanded, his eyes filled with disappointment and disgust.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 am

Seifer gritted his teeth before finally succumbing and falling over... almost. Tarayev caught him, holding him up on his shoulder, with Sheer nearby. "Yukino, when you're done wallowing... Lead your people. You're the only one that can. ...I'm not telling you this because I'm your brother, it's because I believe in you. ...I always have, ever since you first asked me to join your fight when we first fought Star-Vaders..." the weakened man was turned with Tarayev leading the way. "I'm always going to follow you, no matter what. Even if it kills me. I'm holding onto hope and ignoring whatever he says. Talking about not having respect, but he was disrespecting us from the start. Above us or not it gives him no right whatsoever to put our efforts down. We still have the ability to win ...We're weak, but we've always survived somehow. Humans I mean..." he paused looking at Karin for a moment before sighing.

"Yukino nee-san I love you. You're part of the only family I have left. One of the only things left that actually matters in this world. ...You pulled me out of despair... You'll find a way out of this..." with that, he let Tarayev lead him away to somewhere. He was doing his best not to cry, but as he passed Yunos, he spoke softly for a moment, before continuing on.

"I suppose I don't have to tell you this, but.. please take care of my sister."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 am

That was it. Chronos had turned his back on humanity, for good. A good chunk of the Resistance had fallen into Harbinger's grasp, and the Deletors were beyond invincible. How could there be any hope left, when all their hope had either abandoned them, or been crushed? Karin didn't know.

Letting herself drop to her knees, she remained still, the image of Overlord fading completely, her blue eyes shedding tear after tear. Even for her, a Drone taken to Harbinger's side who still wished for humanity to succeed, was lost. This was truly the end. There was no hope left, no miracle to save them. There was just nothing.

Karin begun to understand a little of Solis' nihilism.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:28 am

Sera just... didn't listen. He stopped after the screaming began. He knew people were angry. Emotions flared. But at this rate, war was breaking out within the ranks themselves. Sera commanded an entire army of Star-Vaders before this, he knew how military worked. Losing a battle meant that you would berate yourself, then look to force that suffering on others, guilt would spread and anger and blame would surface. Sera simply closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and pushing the thoughts of every soul around him out.

"Tsubasa, it's been awhile. How's it been? Everyone still really misses you a lot.

I wanted to tell you about how it's Seifer's birthday! Everyone forgot to tell him so I had to. What a silly bunch, huh?

By the way, don't worry about us. We're doing fine today. It's a bit dreary as of this evening because of the rain, but otherwise I'm sure it's gonna be okay. Okay? Don't worry about us.

And I'll take care of Haruto... like I promised. It's hard approaching him i-is all."

Sera was on the verge of tears. He had never cried before. Haruka said to him that crying was a sign of humanity. But he got embarrassed crying in front of others, so he only did it here. Except others were here now. So instead, he stopped, and gulped them down.

"Yukino is leading the group really well as always, and Haruka shared coffee with me again a few days ago.

It was really nice talking about the way his cousin, Mizumi, was hiding stuff in her room. We thought maybe she had a pet cat we weren't allowed to see or something, haha..."

He was smiling a bit, then he stopped. He stopped smiling.

His head drooped a bit. His neck craned down.

"I'm sorry, Tsubasa. I'm sorry that you can't be here today to see everyone. T-Their smiles' are the most precious things and I, you know, I feel really awful being the one who gets to see them and n-n-not you..."

He couldn't do it. He was breaking down. He stopped, hoping the rain would drown out the noise.

"We miss you. A-And... I'm so sorry."

Sera sat there for a long time. He didn't move. He wanted everyone to leave before he finished saying his good-byes. He would stay there all night if he had to.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:36 am

Yunos and others turned to the sight of the Kaiser arriving. He dropped all of his copies of those two who belonged to "purgatory", and that nearly set Blaster Dark off. How dare he just throw him onto the ground like that? He thought his vanguard was do something, but she didn't move... It took a few moments for her to stand, her expression lost and darkened by Chronos' words and Harbinger's immortality.

"I don't care", the woman finally replied, surprising Yunos after everything Seifer just said and told him to do. "I don't care about being your rival, I don't care if I'm worthless or pathetic. I'm facing reality for once instead of just trying to brush it off!" Yukino began to scream again, shaking her head as water flew out of her head and off her skin from every side. She can't keep doing this. At least, she can't keep doing it while lying to herself and doing exactly what Chronos just said is their downfall. As much as she wanted to believe in Seifer, humanity was arrogant and cocky. They screamed, kicked, punched, gritted their teeth, and prayed for victory. But they can't say they once truly accepted something was just... stronger than them. The Deletors are massive, but they believed they could do it simply because they could. Drenched in reality was the commander of the Resistance. The undeniable Gigaton was a hint, Harbinger was just solidifying the point.

"Facing you like this doesn't mean anything! If you kill me before the Reapers do, what do I give a damn anymore?! Harbinger's invincible, and we're all going to die the second she gets to the Akashic Record! All you do is speed up my inevitable demise! Does that make you feel good Cero?! That that's all we can do?! I don't want to give up, I never wanted to give up! But I'm tired of fate and destiny imprisoning me in binding chains every forward step I take! I'm not like you - I can't just shrug it off and say 'okay everyone, we'll figure things out, and get them next time'!"

Only negativity and pessimism gripped at the snowflake, realizing that being a realist was a horrible, horrible thing. She wanted to believe, and after today, it was no longer possible for her to believe blindly. If they couldn't pull a miracle on top of three more miracles, then another, Harbinger was just going to kill them all eventually. And, as broken as she was, all she wanted to do was apologize to Haruka, Hana, Rosalia, Tsubasa, and others while finally just... resting. Fighting was so exhausting, and all she wanted to do was sleep.

Yukino clenched her teeth, standing in the rain. She wanted to go back home, but home was Headquarters. That place as a soldier in a battle she no longer wanted to be a part of. That place was home for the warrior who won't sleep. She wanted to go home.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:47 am

"Then give up. Resign to your fate. No one needs a weak leader. Maybe we won't figure it out. Maybe we will die. But if we're to die anyways, I think I'd rather die knowing I never bowed down. Knowing I tried, even when the last shred of hope was gone. I already know Harbinger's invincible. I'm aware that no regular human has a chance to change this world, but I'm not a regular human and neither are you," the Kaiser spoke. He didn't care about being motivational to the white-haired garbage in front of him. He just wanted her to know how inferior she was.

"Even if no way exists, I will search for a way even if my very existence itself ceases to be. Humanity does the impossible, and I will go beyond 'humanity' for the sake of my vengeance. And if you can't do that, then I'll lead this rebellion. I'll be the light of hope for the world itself, for I will not bow. I will not break. Now. . . Stay down in the mud where insects belong." And with that, Cero's fist met Yukino's face.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:56 am

A split-second before Cero's fist could make contact with Yukino's face, Karin's foot flew straight into Cero's side, as it had three months ago. Karin had cleared the distance (a sizable distance) in mere seconds, almost like some instinct in her mind made her react to the attack against Yukino. It didn't have nearly as much force as she had displayed against Cero three months ago... But it was enough to force Cero to stand aside. At the very least, Karin had enough free will to protect her leader from one of her aggressors, and she had enough strength left for one last furious dropkick. Placing her foot back on the ground, she glared fiercely at Cero in disgust. "Don't you dare lay a hand on Yugure."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:03 am

Cero's eyes shot to the side, just barely raising his arms to defend himself in time, being pushed back, mud splattering in every direction. "That was a mistake, girl," Cero spoke, "And you hardly have the right to lay such eyes upon me, slave of the Reapers," the Kaiser spat. He stepped forward, reaching to grab the head of the drone that has given up her free will to the harlot, preparing to throw her into face-first into the mud. Cero was ready to kill, and he didn't care if it was Yukino or the Drone that was killed.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:05 am

"Do you think your pride means anything when you get deleted instead of death?! You'd rather die knowing you never bowed down - knowing you tried. We tried!! I'm not just a complete coward who gave in before trying! I have been trying over and over you stupid prick, and this is the result! I would love to give up, just so I can finally have a break! But people who didn't give up on the future, I still love people, and I want them to be happy, even if I can't!" Yukino responded to the lesson Cero was trying to give her, one she already understood. She's weak, even after going beyond humanity, she's weak. Yet, after getting worn down so much, she stopped caring about being the strongest woman. Even if saying she wanted to give up in front of these members of the army was detrimental, she's not holding it in anymore. She's inferior, and she's done pretending she isn't.

"You want to be the light of hope? Fine, go ahead! But try looking toward people's hearts instead of just their pride and power, or you're as useful of a leader as I am! We're both useless in front of the Reapers, and you can't-"

The pessimistic queen stopped at the sight of Karin cutting off Cero's punch with a kick.

... The traitor still protected her failure of an ex-leader.

Her mouth was open with shock, yet... Why? Why were these people here? Why was Cero tormenting her again? Why can't everyone be like Haruka, just petting her gently as a reward of sorts and just protecting her with his warmth. He was kind to her, even when he was upset, she never felt like he would call her a miserable pile of trash. Why couldn't more people be like Karin, even defending her when they left her leadership for reasons unknown?

Why couldn't everyone just stop pressuring humanity and let her be happy?

Exculpate wondered why everyone just didn't turn over to Cero as he offered, or just left for the Reapers like Karin did. Cero, like Chronos, knew of Harbinger's invincibility. What was the point in being erased from time just "not backing down"? How could people do this? That woman who had people asking the same questions about her tale from another timeline - the tale that led the Resistance to believe she's emotionally the strongest, ironically questioned the motivations of humanity.

She wanted to stop Cero, but in reality, what was the point of moving?
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Megumin~min Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:06 am

Megumin received the Reality Bangle from Blaster Dark, accepting it sincerely before keeping it safely along wit her cards and books. Seeing this personal drama wasn't really appealing to her so she silently did a curtsey towards Blaster Dark for his kindness, and carried her belongings away. No other farewells were given to anyone else though she secretly wishes things would settle soon as there is a greater goal to achieve: defeating Harbinger, but first Megumin needs to become much stronger.
Megumin~min
Megumin~min

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:20 am

Karin began to move to grab at Cero's own incoming arm... But was stopped. Overlord's voice- No... It must be Harbinger's voice again. Harbinger's voice, in tune with Overlord's, spoke loud and clear again. A bright flash against one of her eyes, and the corrupted orange color returned to it. Karin froze in place, unable to move.

"Cease, and return."

Karin's arms fell to her side. She turned to look down at Yukino, barely able to keep herself from running off at the immediate command. "Yugure... I'm sorry. I have to-... To go."

Turning her back on the broken leader once again, she walked away. There was only one place left for her to go, one place she could go, and nowhere else. She had seized a brief few minutes of freedom, but now her life as a drone would continue. And being the Drone she was... Consorting with Yukino clearly wasn't an option.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:27 am

Cero's arm had also stopped when his mind processed what Yukino had told him. He lowered his arm to his side, stunned.

His voice was quiet, barely audible as he spoke, "This isn't about pride. That was already taken from me," the Kaiser said.

"Sorry," the Kaiser said, turning away from Yukino. "I won't give in because of pride, but because I have nothing left to lose and nothing left to gain. I'm already living on borrowed time," he muttered. He wasn't moving, just standing there. Even Karin leaving was not a concern right now.

"I can't change your path, but I will pursue mine. It's all I have left."
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:40 am

Could anyone blame Haruto for feeling this way? Not entirely, after all the boy has gone through a lot, and lately he's gone through it all on his own, the only close tie he started to feel was with his Liberators, but when even his ties with Seifer which were starting to appear were about to be severed and he was incapable of stopping it...it triggered something...the same feeling he had months ago. Not having the ability to go visit Yukino or Haruka made it even more difficult since he was starting to feel the loneliness that was overdue but it was harder now because neither his old nor new family was here.

"............................................"

He then heard what Sera said, although he may not know who he is aside from his resemblence to Haruka, all he knew was his words were....too much for Haruto to bare...it was as if he could see himself there sitting and talking to himself as he thought of his only family that had disappeared....with every word, Haruto's eyes became almost lifeless...

As his eyes began to dissipate into a blank void he used whatever strength he had left to say these last few words to Yukino and Cero now that they stopped their little fight, "..You could have come clean from the start....not being honest to each other really made it hard for you both to communicate outside fighting, even though you clearly understand one another....if neither of you is enough then together things can change, with all of us...things can change...today we are all failures in our own accord....but maybe zero plus zero does not have to equal zero..." he said his last words trailing off as he began to slowly drift between being awake and fainting on the spot. "...I'm sorry Yukino..."

He used his remaining bit of strength to walk closer to Sera so that he can hear him better, until now he thought he was Haruka but something felt off...so he would wait no matter what he would hear this person out before falling once again.

"......................-a tear flows from Percival's face-"

Last edited by BluishOver on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:51 am

"... I'm not going to stop you.", Yukino said to the both Cero and Karin. They made their decisions and their paths. If the Chosen Sword would get the power to bring Karin back, she would. If Cero would get the power to fulfill his ambitions, he would. If Karin could break free from a spell on her own, she would. But for now, she's done. She's going home, to Umano. Haruto's words came true, and it still isn't what she feels is the answer. It's not like she lied to Cero before, and she doesn't much want to butt heads with him without end in these dark times - or anymore for that matters.

The Chosen Sword honestly wished the Kaiser would come along and end this charade. "Zero plus zero does not have to equal zero". That illogical phrase was not something she was against.

"I''m going back to headquarters", Exculpate announced. Turning to the boy who inherited blue fire, she proceeded to pick him up, and see Sera in the distance. ... Blaming Glendios was pointless now, so she did not scowl or turn away in disgust. She simply turned, taking the boy back to the thuggish district, and the scattered soldiers instinctively followed. As did Blaster Dark, looking at one of his vanguards - Cero - one more time before turning to leave.

He never did forgive him for stepping on his card.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:58 am

Cero turned to the. . . Whoever this person was. . . . At their nonsensical statement. "That's not how math works. . ." he said to himself as he watched them go.

Cero himself set out in the direction of the facility. He turned towards those who remained, and shouted towards them. "If you still have hope in defeating the Reapers, follow me! Stand beside me in Rebellion! We shall not submit to the Reapers and we shall fight until the bitter end, even if every last shred of hope is snatched away from us! If what you have seen today has discouraged you, then leave. You will not be reprimanded for your actions." And with that, Cero set off towards the facility without even checking to see if anyone was following him.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Sera did not look behind him. The voices began to fade and the quiet drizzle of the morning was remnant of the horrible downpour of the eve before. Sera didn't lie... he stayed all night to finish his message. He wasn't sure if anybody else was still around, because if they were they'd have been silent for at least an hour or so now.

He opened his mouth, just a crack. It didn't take long for him to start trembling again when speaking.

"We miss you."

He started.

"We've made some new friends recently too, y'know?

They're names are Bashiro and Aoi. Oh, and this one other pretty girl who works at the shrine. Her name is Sakuya and she's a sweetheart. Told Haruka and I's fortunes for free! It was really cool."

Sera scratched his chin, as if almost cheekily embarrassed to tell that story, despite it not really having a whole lot of meaning on the surface. It was quality time with Haruka so that story made him feel especially human inside.

"A-Also this girl Fubuki is out to kill Haruka. She's like... really weird, but she doesn't seem that mean on the outside. I think she thinks Haruka did something wrong... but he didn't do a-anything wrong."

Sera was stumbling over his words a tad bit now, his fingers twiddling. The rain was starting to come down a bit less... and less.

"Have you ever wished you could go back and change some things?"

Sera moved from a cross-legged position to his knees now on the ground, using them as the weight. He started again.

"I have."

He wanted to hit things. But he wouldn't. It's disrespectful to do that in front of friends, he thought. So instead he just nodded, biting his lip, hard.

Sera swallowed the guilt a little longer. Just, a little longer.

"Tsubasa, we're going to be alright. I wish you could be the one telling everyone that. Haruka says you're really smart and sensitive. If you were here, you could help everyone too."

His headache grew. His back hurt. But he didn't let his soul wither.

"Tsubasa, we're going to win. Okay? We're going to win it all. I-I have no idea in hell how we're gonna do it. But... we're gonna do it. If you can save the world once, I'll do it too. I have to carry on your legacy after all, because I can't let Haruto do it, and Haruka would kill me if I went and let Yukino sacrifice herself. I can't let Seifer go, not after getting him back and I refuse to let anybody else be hurt."

This didn't even sound like Sera anymore. He wouldn't say this to anybody else. In fact, he was always berating Haruka for being weak but it seems that he was just protecting his own weaknesses.

"So watch over me, Tsubasa. Watch over all of us. Oh, and one more thing."

Sera produced a small seed. He dug into the ground a little, stuffing the seed into the Earth and covering it back up. He stood up, dusting the wet soil off his hand.

"T-There buddy. Now you can grow really big and tall... and w-watch over us, o-o-okay?"

He was this close to sobbing. But he didn't want his friend to see, so he walked away, waving and smiling anyways. It seems all of the Nakahara's are bloody crybabies.

That tree would take a long time to grow. Sera didn't know that.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Fubuki had ran and ran and ran, all the way out of town. She just needed to escape. Get away. Eventually, she thought she had outrun anyone trying to pursue her and just. . . Collapsed on the ground, crying. She stared at the muddy ground before her, and staring right back at her, was a Legion pair. The Abyss cards, a bit dirty but otherwise in perfect condition. A reminder of a power Fubuki didn't have.

"Why. . . . Why can't I do anything. . ." she muttered as tears rolled down her face into the already muddy ground.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:09 pm

"Fubu...!" Aoi had followed Fubuki all the way to the outskirts of the city, panting heavily, then stopping a little ways from her friend to bend over, holding herself up by her knees. Normally, she was energetic enough to run at the speed of sound. However, after a Reaper battle and her developing back issues, the lass was a bit... winded, to say the least. "Fubu... fubu... fubuplease..." Aoi wheezed a little, catching her breath. With a groan, she stood up straight, and continued rushing to her fallen friend. "Fubuki, what's wrong?! Why did you leave?!"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Fubuki didn't respond to Aoi's question. She simply continued staring down at the 'Revengers' before her. Her mind was plagued by feelings of worthlessness, hatred, failure, sorrow, loss, despair, fear.

Why? Why is this what fate had in store for me? Why can't happy endings be real? Fubuki thought to herself. She reached towards the cards on the ground in front of her and picked them up. Anger at the word 'Blaster' made her want to crush the cards right then and there but she resisted. She shoved them into her pocket just so she wouldn't have to look at them anymore.

She felt so useless, she just let herself lay face down completely in the mud. Unmoving beyond the jerks from crying.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:41 pm

"Hey, Fubuki!" Aoi crouched down, shaking her friend, filled with concern. "Why are you crying? What's wroooong?!" The china lass kept trying to simply get her friend to respond, and starting digging for a gumball. While she had no tissues, the candy would help at least. It would at least prevent any sort of headache after prolonged tears.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum