Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espoir Mansion

+7
Dementuo
Rosalia Izanami
Rawkobo
Jello
BluishOver
Cipher
Best Girl
11 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Espoir Mansion - Page 19 Empty Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Darren nodded and said, "So we crack the big guy open and if he bites it, so will the Tomato with tits. Got it!" Despite her warning, he was still confident. It wasn't because he had the arrogance to think victory was assured. It was more because he knew woe and despair really didn't help anything. Having on possible chance meant that they could do this.

He stretched in front of them which cased him to turn and he saw Seifer. "Oh, hey there," he responded. He turned and thought for a moment. Most of the drones are gone, and now Tomato Head and the Big Guy are by themselves. But I need more control over my power before I can take part in a battle like that. Nothing I can do here...

He heard them speak about Haruka. It was unfortunate, but he had done a lot. He deserved the break. If that was what was the way things were going to be, he would just have to fight harder. He had no problem doing that. Seeing how Yukino was so defeated, there really was nothing else to say.

He gave a wave as he said, "Whatever you think, its really good seeing you, Yuki. With that said, if there's nothing else I'm gonna get ready for whatever comes next. This fight still isn't over yet. I never understood why you and that Blank Tsubasa were so different but here you are now. That's all that really matters right now."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:54 pm

The empty sword listened, and nothing really clicked. Karin will lead, Seifer will try to take her place, Darren is just happy she's back. What did any of it matter? Nemesis is a shell pumped with the fuel of her nightmares, and to ever be even a ghost of her former self, she'd need a miracle. Desperately did she want to believe Sovereign is a cocky idiot like Harbinger, but that won't be the case. That'll never be the case. The Deletors aren't mindless abominations, they're cold, calculating, and lust for the end of everything in their own special variety. Yukino saw it all without end, and now... she, Karin, and Tsubasa had fallen into Harbinger's grip. Karin escaped on her own, but Yukino couldn't even dream of doing it - she didn't even know who she was. She doesn't understand what's going on with Tsubasa, and still can't grasp a real point or purpose beyond what she's been forced with. A tool - a weapon for a means to an end.

... Of course Nemesis is going back to battle. It's all she's good for, and staying home was a terrible feeling. It's not even really home to this mechanical monster.

"... Satoshi." Nemesis called the name of a member of the Triad. They had barely spoken since everything went to complete hell, and even in this state... it felt bad to never have a word with just her best friend.

---------------------------------

Mother Espoir sat on Father Espoir's desk, thumbing through cards with a plethora and several stacks of paper on it. The former seemed very focused, looking for something important. The latter was surprisingly the less composed... despite still being more composed than anyone had ever seen. He was visibly sweating a bit, grunting and sighing every few minutes, annoying his wife but she understood his turmoil. She felt the same. They're both distraught about their daughters, however, the mom felt a duty in trying to find evidence to show Nemesis anything to rekindle a spark. The Chosen Sword of Void said she has no heart, but her parents obviously thought otherwise.

And that's why...

"It's open." Mother Espoir responded for her husband as Seifer requested entry.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Darren walked out of the room with that. He realized there was nothing left for him here right now. If asked, he would return. However for now there was no reason for him to remain. Yukino wasn't ready to do anything, and he wasn't going to try and force her. As far as he was concerned, he needed to fight even harder.

Karin could lead the Resistance. He could never do such a thing. He wouldn't expect any of them to trust him enough to follow him. At the end of the day, he was still a dumb kid. Without a clear direction, he raised his arm and Dimensional Robo, Daidragon appeared. He jumped on the back of the robot and flew away from the area.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:17 pm

There was a shiver that was sent up his spine as he heard Mother Espoir's voice instead of Father. He couldn't actually... remember the last time he saw her, and he regretted that. He loved both as if they were his true blood mother and father, so when he opened the door to walk in... seeing Father Espoir as troubled as he was visibly hurt the brunette. He knew something like this would be the case, but no matter of preparation could of readied him for it. "It's good to see you again mom." it was genuine, though he didn't smile.

He glanced once at Father Espoir, before looking back at Mother. What did he come here for again? What was he wanting? ...Oh right. "I just wanted to come and see you both, to say that I love you both as much as any child could love their parents." he wasn't related by blood, but he considered them his family more than his own father and mother. That's why this hurt to say, why it felt like he was twisting a knife in their hearts... especially with what happened with Yukino.

"I'm happy. Despite everything, you allowed me to be a part of your family. That's why I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I'm going back out to fight." he shut his eyes halfway. "I cannot afford to sit to the side." his uncertainty was still there, unsure of what any future held. But he was resolved to see it through to the end, no matter what happened. His burning determination now unwavering in the face of his loss and misery, the sight of Yukino as she was having caused some change in the brunette.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Satoshi's eyes were closed. He had spent most of their time together in this room simply...absorbing what everyone else had to say. Having been away from them so long had left him relatively clueless to everything that had happened. He had simply used his influence, as a member of Yukino's closest two, to allow for people he hardly knew to see the Chosen Sword in this clearly broken state. With everything that had been said, it was clear that he had been gone from the fight too long to clearly grasp its effects.

But the frustration of losing units, losing people...it was really starting to get on his nerves. And something told him, even with what Yukino told Karin and Darren, that there was simply no way she was going to stay here. She wasn't out of commission as much as she perhaps desired, so it was obvious she would bear arms once again.

"I know you're not going to stay. You never have, so long as I've known you. The sidelines have never been your strong suit, at any point." Satoshi's eyes opened halfway, still split colors. This was half the Guardian speaking, but also half Seph, his spirit, offering his own input. "But understand that, whether you do or don't, the Reapers are probably going to try to take you back by any means necessary."

He turned to her, moving a bit closer and placing a gentle hand on her leg. "What Haruka and I did to get you back was both brave and stupid, but the likelihood of it working a second time...I don't know what your dad would actually do if we somehow lost you again. So if you're going back out there, let me be with you."

Satoshi gazed into Yukino's yellow eyes and offered a slight smile. "It's a promise I made to not just Haruka, but myself and the rest of Cray...and you. I'm not about to lose anyone ever again. I've lost them too many times to let it keep happening. In your husband-to-be's stead, let me be your strength, your knowledge...your heart."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Nemesis stood in wonder of Satoshi's words, thinking of if whether or not the Reapers will would try to take her back. If Sovereign's master plan accounted for her going back and Harbinger hasn't immediately come to pry her away, did she stop being useful to even the Outer Gods? ... If they did want her back and she stayed, this residence would be in grave danger. Yukino- no. A total stranger shouldn't put the lives of the precious innocent here at risk. On top of that, Haruka was out of commission and Satoshi wasn't sure they'd be able to pull her back if lost again. "So if you're going back out there, let me be with you." Satoshi's words came to her ears. The mirror of the queen... accepted that her emotions are weak, useless, and powerless. Her raw hatred, courage, and determination that led to the rebirth of Exculpate the Blaster still brought her to defeat by the hands of the Death God. So then, why would she step back out? ... Because her powers are useful.

Yes, that's all that mattered.

Satoshi won't be losing her again, and offered to stand in Haruka's place beside her. However, she imagined it as Satoshi taking her up as the hollow sword she thought she was.

And that was enough.

"... We'll go. If you want to be the heart of the girl that fell, fine." Nemesis made her decision, her empty, yellow eyes gazing into Satoshi's with a dispirited expression. She is far too committed to this nightmare, and will see its end, even if she ends first for it to happen, regardless of circumstances. Within her, Void was conflicting with the light restored by her memory, now even further at odds with the Guardian's oath engraved in the shine. The voices of Royal, Shadow, and Gold Paladin couldn't be heard anymore. Blaster Joker had not his mind, but found composure somehow. Photon sneered and scoffed, stuck with his toys by his own volition. The traitors were gathered, and the courage and determination Yukino had learned still remained in the super weapon crafted by nothingness.

----------------------------------------------

"Seifer?" Mother Espoir noted the arrival of their adopted son, concern and a bit of relief found in her tone. Father Espoir looked up at his boy, quickly wiping away the sweat at his brow with a cloth. The parents were going to question what he wanted and if he was okay, especially with his sister being a nihilistic android, but it seems they didn't have to. He confirmed his affection and attachment to his parents and announced his determination to continue the war. ... Of course they couldn't do anything to stop any of their children. None of these people allied with their kids either. They're heroes who have given themselves a duty to see the end of an era.

"... Tch, dumb brat." Father Espoir insulted his son with a grin, his nervous demeanor finally breaking down some, even past his own stoicism, both engulfed by a sense of pride detected in his daughter from a distance, Seifer in front of him, Haruka when he walked out, and the actions performed by the late Princess of Cray. "What are you doing apologizing? You're our boy, you owe it to us to put your mind to something."

"Just come home. I can't stop you with your eyes like that, even if you can't see out of one of them... I keep losing my children, and I don't want you to vanish either... But I can't stop you all from growing up and leaving the house. So please... just come home when it's over and done with." Mother Espoir too accepted this generation's unyielding will to fight, despite how much it pained her to watch people leave the manor to the Hell of the battlefield. Honestly, her own kin couldn't have stopped her either. They most certainly didn't when she decided to marry the lion sitting in a chair behind her. Planting the cards down, she hopped off of his desk to pull the brunette in a warm, tightening embrace.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:24 pm

The Father and Mother's words only helped to bolster the boy's own determination to see this through to the end, a gentle calm radiating from the normally depressed young man. Smiling at both Mother and Father, he returned the embrace shutting his eyes for a fleeting moment. The warmth was welcoming, and he allowed the embrace to last for a few moments longer before pulling back slightly. "I'll come back. No matter what happens, and I'll make sure everyone else comes back with me." he gave one last smile at both mother and father before pulling fully from Mother's grasp and walking out of the office. It was something he needed... Something to help solidify his decisions, both up to now and in the future. Breathing out slowly as he left the manor, Seifer made his way to Umano to join with the rest of the Resistance.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:24 am

Satoshi cringed a bit. Her harsh tone reflected the emptiness that still remained, eating at her for what she did under the supervision of the Reapers. It was as if she wasn't understanding how intense the Triad's feelings for her were.

So, perhaps against her will to some extent, he hugged her close, and spoke.

"I'm sorry I've been away from all of this. I meant to accept Haruka's invitation of best man, but ever since this war started it's been difficult to keep track of things...it drove me away, kept me from talking to people, even to my own girlfriend." He bit his lip, still holding her tight. "In trying to find answers, I forgot myself. So Haruka gave me what I deserved. A punch right in the face."

Satoshi pulled back for a moment, his hands still gripping her biceps, so she could see the abrasion her husband-to-be had accomplished. He gave a small chuckle upon the memory. Already, he was looking back on that and laughing. "It reminded me of that time you accidentally clocked me in the face when we were cheering on Hana, and he rushed to take care of me while you just kind of...ogled us. At least, that's what Butler-san told me."

He held onto a weak smile, trying not to possibly cry a bit. Maybe going down memory lane would help loosen Yukino up a little, even still as Nemesis.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Nemesis immediately freaked out in response to Satoshi's embracing her cold, robotic form. Her detached blades all rose, poised to rapidly impale him in succession. She wanted to scream for him to get away from her, don't touch this sad, metal excuse for a woman. Her breath hastened with a violent gasp, feeling her insides tense up with malice for the self, rather than the one in contact with her. "Don't touch me!!" The super weapon shouted, her yellow eyes bulging with anger, and her hands reached for his shoulders. ... And couldn't find it in herself to push him or break out of his hold. Remaining still, the conflicting cold steel and warm body was washed over with a sadness of the fact. Satoshi apologized... he had been away from the war, and it was hard to keep up with everything. Hard to stay in touch with it all.

"Why... are you apologizing...?" Yukino didn't really understand. She was going to blame herself for everything that happened to everyone, not let him try to take it as a problem like her current body was his fault. Though, before she could voice this, she bore witness to the bruise created by Haruka's apparent fist colliding with Satoshi's face. Her expression turned to shock, not knowing the boys of the Triad had scuffle. In fact, that wasn't the only thing. The fact that Haruka actually welled up with enough emotion to attack his friend like that and Satoshi having a girlfriend she heard nothing about-

Wait, girlfriend?!

Nemesis tried to process everything with her cyborg-like reworked brain. Her expression was strained and confused, distressed while trying to calm down. The time where, a long time ago, she hit Satoshi in the face while watching Hana in the National Tournament. ... Right... yes... her memory is intact, the robot found the imagery of that time. ... A weak smile, the girl wanted to cry as she quietly chuckled. That day where her father almost killed the boys. She could at least revel in nostalgia... she could feel nostalgic...

"... I don't remember ogling." Nemesis lied, clearly remembering being hot and bothered by Haruka unbuttoning his shirt and Satoshi just being generally well-built. "... What is this about a girlfriend...?" She asked out of genuine curiosity with a hint of desperation in her voice, yearning to hold onto the nostalgia. It reminds her even a little bit that even if she's a monster now, she remembered events experienced by a human - by herself when everything was happy.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:56 am

Satoshi gently removed his arms, so as to avoid death at the hands of the lion for touching his daughter for just a moment...but he did keep in mind that instead of pushing him away, she clung for a while. As much as she wanted to repel him, it was clear, at the same time, that Yukino didn't exactly want him to leave. At least, not just yet.

He scratched his head a little. "Yeah. My girlfriend. You met her once, we went out to dinner with you and Haruka. Her name's Mizumi." He looked away briefly, blushing slightly. "You two didn't exactly get along all that well, but since then...she's kind of saved your husband and helped me get through a lot of trouble I was going through."

Satoshi looked back over to her, still slightly blushing. "Thinking on it, I was really happy because it was the first time, since your little rejection, that I had actually felt something for someone so passionately..."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:03 am

"... Oh, her." Nemesis checked her memory, feeling a little revolted as she did so inhumanely, literally running programs she apparently understood how to control to scan her brain. A contorted face of disgust was present after pausing for a moment, then it softened back to the somber cyborg's normal state. He gently separated from her, and she felt relieved. To her, people touching her was the equivalent of a kid touching a ball of slime that used to be their old friend. She's slime, she though. That aside, if this lady friend of Satoshi's has helped Haruka and Satoshi himself, she can choke down her disdain and feel grateful. The weak smile returned as she thought about the "little rejection" - the day she created Majesty Lord Blaster and found herself an acceptable mentality.

Or one thought acceptable, anyway.

"I'm glad to hear you found someone like that, even in the middle of this nightmare. Finding a light is a godsend. ... If I didn't look like this, I'd say we can look forward to maybe me getting along with her, since she sounds like a good person."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:07 am

Satoshi chuckled. "Well, I mean, if we both go to the wedding, you might have to whether you like it or not, assuming I'm allowed to bring a date. She'd make a cute bridesmaid, though."

He sat next to Yukino again, twiddling his thumbs. "Hopefully that's still going to happen when this is all over. If anything, we could all use something happy in our lives as soon as possible." He moved his lips around a little, thinking. "But anyway...just...lemme know when we're heading out. We could also sit here for a while. Whatever you want to do, or ask about...anything, really."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:14 am

"Wed... ding." Nemesis slowly spoke that word, then repeated it a few times in a hushed tone, looking to her hand. ... It never came to mind, but the engagement ring gifted by Haruka was still there... Probably left by Harbinger like the broken memories to tease and torment humanity while she didn't have her mind. Such a thought felt... crippling, nearly having the android vomit over the idea of marriage in this grotesque form. If by any new miracle they would make it out of this, she deeply wishes to do so in her own body - her form that belonged to her. "Wedding..." was muttered again out loud, finding the idea exciting yet depressing.

"... It's all almost over..." Yukino realized as the idea of Harbinger's weakness returned to mind, thinking about the future. This is the real endgame where the final decisive battles can take place, determining whether or not they get everything they dreamed of or if even dreams cease to exist.

"... What do you feel you should be doing as the Guardian? It's been on my mind since I saw you when Harbinger's identity was revealed at Gotem City. You haven't used Neo Nectar since either, though I know why... But never your own personal goal for it all.

Answer me that...? And we'll head out."

It was a desperate plea to remember one's role. The Chosen Sword was nothing more than a tool now filled with remorse and fury. What the Guardian thought of his place in the two worlds... the Twisted Exculpate would like to believe she can find some kind of solace in being Nemesis. Even if she doesn't want it, just finding the purpose in her role can be enough to get her out of the house.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:38 am

Satoshi's eyes closed, remembering when the Peony Musketeers disappeared at the hands of Harbinger. Yukino witnessed that for herself, and she remembered...

"That fight...I failed my role. Or, at least, part of my role." His eyes half-opened, gazing at the floor. "I failed to protect the units of Cray that I held dear to my heart, and they were erased from existence by the Reapers...so I took up the Regalia of the Fool." He pulled the gun from its pant leg holster, rotating it in his hands. "If I failed part of my role, I wanted to make sure I wasn't a complete failure...so I focused on upholding the second half. Protecting the Heroes and Saviors of Cray, including the Chosen Sword."

Satoshi turned to her, gave a defeated chuckle, and shook his head. "You can see how well that turned out for yourself, that failed too." Honestly, what was he? His eyes gazed to the pale ceiling now.

"At this point, what am I doing as the Guardian?...Nothing more than anyone else is doing in their place in all of this. If anything, my role has changed from what it was." Satoshi cracked his knuckles a little, still fiddling with the gun. "I'm not really a Guardian of Cray...but a Guardian of the Chosen Sword, and a portion of Cray's secrets." He turned back to her. "You may not see yourself as the Chosen Sword, Exculpate, but...even as Nemesis, I'm still fulfilling my role by being at your side. And right now..." He gave a slightly teary smile, eyes closing again.

"That's all that matters to me."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 am

... That's right.
"Chosen Sword".
"Guardian of Cray".

Right now, these titles didn't mean nearly as much as Yukino would have liked to believe. Even Hana failed as the Princess of Cray at one point. However... compared to everyone else... "At this point, what am I doing as the Guardian?...Nothing more than anyone else is doing in their place in all of this." Satoshi spoke to the super weapon, reminding her that her heartfelt duty to humanity - the will that is the "Chosen Sword" isn't different from what others are doing right now and have been since the Star-vader invasion. This revelation shook her to her very core, understanding that the entirety of the universe had been combating with the Reapers - nay - an innumerable amount of timelines all with the same will, conviction, courage, and resolution. Nemesis stared at the gun, seeing that Satoshi is more than a Guardian, he's her friend, and he's someone who rejected a nihilistic ending. That's all that really mattered.

That's all that should have mattered.

Fists clenched tightly, An empty sword... can at least have the desire to watch this nightmare end. It wasn't enough to save her from the depressing horror of her body, but it was enough to give even an empty sword a wish. These two of the Triad believed they had failed, just like they did when they first met. However, failure taught Yukino that life - destiny was not to be governed by absolute, consecutive victory. Because of the miracle of failure, the queen made friends, a lover, avatars, and found a place in two worlds. From the day she didn't make it to the National Tournament, not succeeding has driven her - motivated her beyond a means not thought possible.

"... You're fulfilling your role..."

Not as the Guardian, but a Guardian.

"... Which is all I have to do too.

All I have to do is be the weapon I see myself as, and it'll work."

Nemesis stood from her bed, the air around the android growing less stagnant and heavy. "... Let's head to Umano. ... You go ahead of me, I need to... speak with Mother and Father once more."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 pm

Satoshi nodded. "Tell him I'm sorry I yelled. And..." He hugged her tight one last time.

"I love you, Yukino. As a friend. Don't ever forget that."

He released her from the hug about as fast as he gave it, winking and starting off in the direction of the door.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Nemesis watched Satoshi leave, and felt the presence of a ghost watching the two of them. The specter that haunted Yukino with a scornful look as she ran herself ragged to command humanity... that entity was now smiling. Indeed, Hana's ghost behind the super weapon was never upset enough to stop loving her big sister, as Yukino discovered during her erasure. The revelation of duty left to fulfill shown by Satoshi's love and care for his friend revitalized the sole woman of the Triad, and her kin had nothing but pride in heart watching the android find a way. Walking out of the room, determined and following Satoshi, the parental Espoirs stood off to the distance, catching her attention. Father Espoir had finally stopped sweating and regained himself, and Mother Espoir still had a look of concern. Without even have to think about it, they talked about how they couldn't stop Yukino - they couldn't keep her home and let her sleep the rest of the war off. She couldn't accept her body and likely thinks the worst of herself. "But we still love you", Mother Espoir continued. "And I'm more proud of you brats than I've ever been before. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting old." Father Espoir added, a grin of fatherly pride for his stupid sons, his reckless daughters, and all their crazy friends. The mother hugged the Chosen Sword, and father placed a hand at her shoulder. Nemesis didn't run from them or push them away either, now that Satoshi's warmth has changed her outset even a little, she embraced her kin, feeling the spirit of the Princess hugging her from behind as well. The Espoirs united in warmth one last time before the end of an era...

"We love you."

"I do too, that's why even I want to see the end of this."

They let her go, unable to keep her forever. Though, suddenly, Butler-san and company arrived to the party. "M-Mistress... About... Haruka." The employee spoke to Yukino, knowing it would matter to her most. The parents still listened however to him explaining that the previous second commander was supposed to have arrived with Karin, which collaborates with what Satoshi told them about him being on the way. The problem was he was found barely driving Oblivion back home, beyond exhausted and drained by the lot of everything that has happened across the war to the point of being lucky someone found him before he fell off the bike or worse. They brought him back, and he's been asleep ever since. He genuinely passed out on the way, but when they brought him up, carrying him, he was simply resting. Unable to continue, Nemesis told them to bring him to her bed, and they did so without question. Everyone then departed for her to go inside and speak to her slumbering husband one more time.

And so, she gazed down at the man who accepted this broken woman as a lover.

From the day he stupidly popped open his shirt because "it was hot", pressed his forehead to hers out of genuine concern... she had never been that close to a boy before. Naturally, the overprotective Father Espoir appeared to nearly kill both Satoshi and Haruka that day. The Triad advanced and grew together, and when Yukino had lost Royal and Shadow Paladin... Haruka comforted her, held her close, and offered affection new to her that she answered back with in kind. The day they kissed under the moonlight... She was attracted to those eyes that didn't know when to embrace defeat. Knowing he'd stand, even if he had lost. When she had returned from Cray, though he was with Hana at the time, he came back to her, and they hugged one another closely, to not let the other go. Haruka had been possessed by "Seraphim", one of the two critical foes Yukino had to face off against, "Glendios". Though their clashes, she reached out a hand to her beloved, trying and desperately scraping away to grab him and pull him out of it all. The day she nearly died in the snow after defeating the Clown and fighting Haruka's new Aqua Force...

Nemesis planted a kiss on the cheek of the man who stood with her throughout the nightmare and took her place when she left unintentionally. Even if her body had no warmth, she simply wished to convey her undying gratitude and unyielding apology... and a promise she'll die to see fulfilled: "We'll be wed soon."

Not: "I'll see you soon" or "I'll end this".

But "we're going to be wed."

Nemesis spread her detached blades, reminding herself that she was in full control of her cyborg body, and tucked Haruka into her bed, wrapping him in the blanket. Then departed from the Espoir Manor with Satoshi, if he hadn't left himself already.

There's work to do.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Yukino... ran home. Like a coward, she didn't go to Headquarters, she didn't try to meet up with anybody, she didn't even try to see how many people made it out. She just fled, never looking back, and lamenting over the coming death of her loving parents. The super weapon barged through the doors, falling to her knees immediately, and screaming. The lamenting Chosen Sword wailed like a baby, surprising the staff as she began beating on the ground, crying over the matter of it all. Her dead parents, her wasted time, her wasted life, and knowing it was all over in the favor of her sworn enemy. Why did she even suffer and struggle if it was all rigged?! That isn't fair, how is it fair?!

"M-Mistress-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Nemesis hollered, a sobbing mess on the floor urging Butler-san to just go away. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and die, knowing it was all for naught... but her parents wanted her to live. But she certainly doesn't want to live anymore, and has hasn't for a good while as it is. So what now? What the hell does ANYONE do NOW?! She even... Yukino even... lost Ahmes again... and this time she didn't even go with him. Her lover was in a deep sleep from exhaustion, and if he woke up, he'd be despairing just as much over news. Her best friend was nowhere in sight, her units couldn't speak to her, Ahmes was gone again, her parents were probably dead by now, not to mention her brother was already dead, and an omnicidal Divine Power is going to kill everyone.

"Aaah... waaah... uuuww... aaa..." The woman bawled, sniffling and sobbing. Despite her protests, the servants had approached the last living Espoir, helping her to her feet and at least sitting her down on a couch. She could hear a television nearby the maids were watching, surprised anyone could get news of such a catastrophe. Occasionally, news reporters on the channels would stop talking, and there would be a long beeping. It didn't take rocket science to deduce they were likely being deleted live. Nemesis only sat in wonder and dejected loss, leaning forward and holding the back of her head with both hands.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Karin landed just outside of the front door, her armor disappearing as she did. Espoir Manor... It was "Home", in a sense. She'd been here a number of times already, to regroup with friends and others who she considered family. To meet people who would become her allies. And, not too long ago, to reach out to a friend who had fallen down the same hole she had, in hopes of rekindling that tiny ember.

Only this time...

The scene she was greeted with upon entering was a crying, broken Nemesis... And a strangely empty feeling, as if some part of the house itself was now missing. Karin sighed again, stepping inside. Chances were, Yukino wouldn't even want to put out the effort to use her sight in an attempt to find Chronojet, even if Karin needed her to do so. She sat down on the couch next to Nemesis, leaving a decent-sized gap between them- It probably wouldn't be wise to touch her right now.

Karin wanted to say something, some word of encouragement or give a bit of support, but none of those words would come. All she could think of was that she needed Nemesis' help, and likely didn't have much time left before Leviathan devoured the entire planet.

She took a deep breath before speaking.

"...Whenever you can, I need the power of your eyes. If we can find Chronojet, we have a chance." She got straight to the point, voicing exactly what she needed from the crestfallen android.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Darren rolled up to the manor on the motorcycle of Raiden. His head wobbled at the trip as he stumbled to the door. A lot happened for him in a short time. When he rested, his body recovered enough energy for the Dimensional Robos to manifest. Daikaiser and Daiyusha combined their own power to give it to Darren. As giant robots, they used a power supply that only needed a small amount to restore Darren's comparatively micro-sized body. Darren awoke after that and went to the first place he could think to go, to find Yukino.

He had been selfish, wanting to make sure everyone else survived. He didn't realize that if he had gone through with it, Yukino would have lost him just as she did Seifer. He didn't even know about her parents, though he couldn't sense the fury of the Papa Lion that was Father Espior. He didn't fear the worst, not yet at least, a he stepped inside.

It didn't take long for her to see Yukino and Karin. Actually it was pretty instant. Yukino was a wreck and he didn't blame her in the least. Everything they fought for was nothing in the end. He frowned as he took a step forward. He had no idea what to say at a point like this. There was basically nothing to say. You couldn't put a positive spin on an invincible god demon becoming a more powerful invincible god demon because they fought for a hopeful future that now seemed like it wouldn't happen.

"Yuki..." he said to her before he turned his head. He gave a small sigh. For his age, Darren was probably one of the youngest of those still fighting and yet this was where he was. He wanted to be a supportive little brother for her but even that didn't amount to much now.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 pm

"... You..." Nemesis didn't lift her head up when Karin had arrived, but only spoke when the commander needed her eyes. She needed Hana, but... A look of trembling rage came to face, and it was raised to show her friend. "Chronojet?! You need my power?! This isn't my power, it's Hana's! My baby sister who's gone! Lost to the Void! Just like my parents! Just like Ahmes! Just... Just... like..." Yukino screeched angrily, only to quickly break down into tears again, lamenting in the horrible realization that she was the last of her family. Her body teetered and quivered, shaky fists balling up as she stopped, knowing Karin wasn't responsible for this and meant no harm. Knowing Karin still believed and had some form of hope, but the Chosen Sword was necessary for that... She gritted her teeth and could only grieve, unable to find it in her to even look for the Gear Dragon who could potentially have an answer. Where was he, anyway? Where was he when his agent died or all the humans he loved so much were being eaten?! Where was he when she or her family were being lost to time?! "Uu... ghhh..." She groaned, sniveling further, her head hanging low again, unable to look at Karin.

"I'm sorry... I'm so..." Nemesis muttered and whimpered this to her friend and her spiritual younger brother.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:01 pm

"Sorry", she said...

She was sorry.

Karin felt a memory resurface, one she hadn't thought about in quite some time. She had been in Yukino's position once, bawling her eyes out and groveling at a friend, unable to do anything but apologize, unable to say any words except "I'm sorry".

"...Sorry doesn't bring them back, Yukino. Sorry doesn't bring anyone back."

She repeated the words that friend had spoken to her back then, recalling the event as if it had been yesterday. "I'm sorry that Seifer is gone, but that doesn't mean he gets to come back. You're sorry that Okuri, hell, whoever else Leviathan nabbed is gone. But they aren't going to come back like that either."
She leaned her head back, looking at the ceiling. She was no longer talking just to Yukino.
"It doesn't matter if anyone's sorry anymore. You lost a family member and a number of your friends. I failed all of Humanity. The world itself is about to lose to a gluttonous god of death. And all we can say... Is that we're sorry?"
Her voice raised as she spoke, sounding marginally angrier.
"Why does every win have a drawback? Why does every loss hurt more than the last?"

She breathed in deep, and exhaled just as slowly.

"You heard this all before, Chronojet, and I know you can hear it now... So why? Why won't you do anything? Why haven't you helped us yet?

You want to help us, but you won't lift a finger in our name?

We've sacrificed so many for the sake of our future, but you're too afraid to pitch in?

While our world slowly fades away, you're just going to sit and hide? You're just going to do nothing?!
"

Karin paused, taking in another deep breath. She didn't have the energy to be angry anymore.

"At least Chronos had the courage to do something..."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Darren understood how angry, frustrated, scared and downright broken these two were. Hana was an important friend to him who was still gone to this day. Seifer disappeared before his eyes and he couldn't do anything for him. Darren had personally threatened to destroy humanity as Malice and now he couldn't do a thing to make amends for that.

He walked forward again and he spoke. "Hana was one of the first friends I made here, and she went out of her way to free me from the Reverse... Yuki, I know what you've lost, but Hana... Seifer... they wouldn't want it to end like this. If there's anything we can do, I wanna try for their sakes..."

He then gave a sigh as Karin's words rang in his head. Chronojet really had been nowhere around. Why was that? "If someone really wanted to see what we could do on our own, I'd say this is our limit here..." His tone increased as he spoke. "I admit it, okay?! We have done everything we can, and you know its more than we ever should have been able to do! Its your turn! You have as much in this as anyone, especially now! We need EVERYONE in order to finish this, so that means you!"

Darren panted a few times before he sat down. He looked up to Karin and to Yukino. He couldn't help but smile and said, "I was kinda hoping the next time we were in the same room like this would be a bit... cheerier. Guess that ship sunk..."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

"I know... I know it won't bring any back... It won't stop Leviathan... It won't reach any kind of God who gave enough of a damn about us to save us... But I'm still..." Nemesis sniffled and moaned, desperately, yet completely defeated. They weren't going to be saved, and life would not continue. The Chosen Sword didn't understand, having asked every question Karin was asking. Why did every win have a drawback? Why was every loss worse and worse? Why did everything feel like such a pointless, uphill battle, only for them to make it to the top and see the other side was the gate to Hell? Then they look back, and the bottom is the same, just further away. Why did the Gear Dragon do nothing as they cried?

... Chronos was annoying, condescending, and made Yukino feel like trash, but maybe he was right. He put effort into helping humanity, even a little bit, and even fought the Deletors himself. Even worse, if it wasn't for the controlled cyborg "Nemesis", he might have actually been able to win. He may have been able to use the Agent's Override... But there was no point in thinking about that, because she had no control over it, and it was in the past. Chronos is gone. Everyone's gone and everyone else is going to be gone too. That's why she couldn't muster up... anything in response to Darren. The Chosen Sword simply gave up, unwilling to use Hana's ability of Star Travel. Knowing how rigged the game is, would it even work? She doubted it, she doubted anything they could try would make a difference.

"It was all for nothing", Nemesis replied, giving a sort of hysterical chuckle. "... I've had enough. Please, just leave me alone."

She isn't taking her turn, she isn't making a move.

This was it.

Yukino held herself, quietly sobbing.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Karin leaned forward in her seat, remaining silent. That was it. Chronojet wouldn't come. Nemesis- No, Yukino was completely defeated. There wasn't anything left to do, but to wait for the world to stop. No one could stand up to Leviathan. No one could find Chronojet. No one could breathe life into this dying, decaying world as the Hyperdeath god slowly consumed it. There wasn't a single thing any of them could do. They'd lost.

"...Alright."

Karin spoke with the sound of thousands of years of fatigue and wear. Even she felt tired, fed up with the nightmare that truly had no end. She shared in Yukino's hysterical chuckle, remaining next to her comrade- Two souls who had gone through hell and survived, only to be broken by what came after.

"How pathetic, that we'd end up welcoming the end...
But I understand. You're tired...

...I'll let you rest for a while.
"

Karin shut her eyes, having nothing more to say. Both the Sword and its Wielder had been broken. There was nothing left for either of them, and Karin was tired too. She imagined, this must have been what her other self felt like. This was what lay in wait at the bottom of despair.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next