Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espoir Mansion

+7
Dementuo
Rosalia Izanami
Rawkobo
Jello
BluishOver
Cipher
Best Girl
11 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Espoir Mansion - Page 18 Empty Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:31 am

Father Espoir held his forehead in frustration hearing muffled screaming and shouting from Yukino's room, his daughter clearly beyond distraught. His wife was inside trying to calm her down, to what was obviously no avail from the sound of it. At least he didn't hear anything breaking... At least his daughter was home... Just... not in the best situation. The lion called for a servant, but several were arriving already, one giving him a towel to do away with his nervous sweat formed from how to even talk Yukino down or help her. It appears they were called by the mistress already, and they were allowed entry into the room. Meanwhile, the Lord Espoir turned to the blue haired runt he saw earlier... and he said "big sis Yuki".

"Who the hell are you?" The irritated gent snarled, not in his best mood.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Darren's eyes were wide with a sense of fear and confusion. Clearly he was more than a butler. The threat of death almost made his aura flare out of defense for his life, but he held it back. Seed power going off here would probably be the single worst thing. He gave a small gulp and placed his hand on the back of his head.

"You're not happy... I understand that," he said to the man. Small talk wasn't a good idea. "I'm Darren, Darren Shurensei. Hana was one of my first friends when I got here and Yuki is an important person to me too. I kinda helped with the fighting to bring her back and I was sort of the one to carry her back here." He had a feeling he was going to die soon.

"If its at all possible, it might be better if I spoke to him..." the Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha stated. Darren blinked and said, "You can talk to him?" Daiyusha materialized in the room, a smaller version that actually could fit. "Hana was the princess of the Planet Cray. Yukino is the Chosen Sword protector. This is their father, so of course I am able to speak with him... if he allows it."

Last edited by NovaRaizer on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 pm

The screaming had roused Darren almost immediately and had him run off. That likely wasn't going to go well if Mr. Espoir was present, knowing his protectiveness of his daughter. Satoshi pushed himself up from the armchair, wincing a little from the fact that he had to stand again and couldn't just sink into that comfortable chair for a half-century.

Normally, a woman screaming in a house was a reason to come running, but combining his tiredness and the fact that he was simply used to this kind of stress these days, having practiced meditation and calming exercises for that exact purpose, the Guardian of Cray felt it was only appropriate to move at a steady, confident pace to the source of the screams. In front of it stood, as expected, Darren and Daiyusha, who were trying to talk themselves out of getting pounded into the ground by the man whose daughter had just been saved, Mr. Espoir. Daiyusha was taking steps to protect Darren by coming out, but it would likely only hold so much weight.

Satoshi stepped next to the two of them, eyes both gleaming their split colors as they gazed up at the lion of the manor. "I can vouch for them. Darren speaks the truth." He crossed his arms. "He went to school with Hana and became close friends with her before everything that happened. It was almost as if she too wanted her own Triad." A light smirk at that one, nothing was really comparable. It quickly returned to a slight frown.

"Yukino isn't taking it well, eh? That's not all surprising, considering everything she's been through. Hopefully, something can be done. Haruka is en route with a mutual friend of ours who the two of us can also vouch for, Karin. I've also been in contact with someone close to me who...might be able to help, but she has to get back to me first." He shook his head. "We've all been through a lot, so it may benefit to take some time just for...everything to sink in."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Karin stopped short of the manor, taking a few moments to catch her breath. She had been running a lot today- First from the park to the manor, then to the city to face off against Solis, then to face Cero, then to fight with Nemesis, and now she had run all the way back to the manor again.

What a day.

She took slow, hesitant steps up to the manor's front door, aware of the few figures who had gathered outside- Satoshi, Darren, and... A man Karin had never seen before. He had a presence about him that put Karin on edge. In fact, Karin recognized it as something similar to what she had felt when she had been mere seconds from death.

So this was Yukino's father.

She vaguely recalled being warned of him before, and about how protective he was of his daughter. "You've faced death and lived once, Karin... You can do it again..." Taking a deep breath, she approached the manor's doorway, and looked to make eye contact with the imposing man right away.

"Um, hello. My name is Karin Ouriel, one of Yukino's friends. Are you her father...?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Beatrice had been prepared for many things with Yukino's return. Getting suddenly tossed out so suddenly had not been one of them. Nevertheless, Beatrice knew Yukino's family had it under control now. She really couldn't do anything else anyways. So instead she quickly and silently returned to where she heard the group talking to Father Espoir was, placing herself on Haruka's right flank and stood like the obedient and attentive maid that she was.
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:39 pm

"Hana's friend? Yukino's important to you too? ... Dunno what the hell this is but if you're friends with my girls then-" Father Espoir stopped speaking once he realized what Darren had said. He was a bit discombobulated from his mechanical daughter freaking out in the room behind him, but he was positive those words escaped from the boy's lips. "I was sort of the one to carry her back here." Darren told him. "... You had your hands on my daughter?" The lion growled, furious, angry, violent, and wild. Oh shit, he done did it now. The primal instincts of daddy wolf kicked in tenfold with all that's happened throughout the war. A golden aura blazed about his towering stature, like hellfire threatening to incinerate the ignorant fool before him as Heaven and Earth trembled in terror. For once, it was not out of fear of the Outer Gods, but instead, out of fear of an angry daddy clenching his fists as the mansion quaked with his unbridled fury. Pictures fell from the walls, vases and glass quite literally exploded from the pressure of power flooding into the residence, as if shaken by the gigantic lion's paw slamming down onto the act in an act of displaying might.

Papa was not amused.

He didn't even bother listening to Daiyusha. He could hear the Dimensional Robo leader, but he chose not to care, as all that mattered was this total stranger had dared to put his hands on one of his little lights. ... Did he touch Hana too?! Bonus points leading to Darren's death. Even the shouting in Yukino's room stopped, the ladies feeling the overwhelming presence of the pissed off Lord Espoir. Luckily for everyone, Satoshi came in just in time to inform him it's all fine and he can vouch for them. Them being Darren and the arriving Karin. "Hmm..." He growled with echoing rage, contemplating this. On one hand, Darren touched his daughter, even if it was to carry her home, which was absolutely unforgivable. On the other hand, a member of the Triad - one of Yukino's three closest besides Haruka and Ezel says he's a good noodle. Satoshi wouldn't let the snowflake be violated... he hopes. Father Espoir hadn't seen the Guardian in awhile... "Hm..." He continued thinking as his madness subsided, accepting his word of the matter. Before the lion emperor could answer Karin, Mother Espoir came out of the room, and several servants ran off in fear. Whether it was because of Yukino's hysterical mood or the Lord's anger, only they knew as they fled like mice.

"Well, um... Oh. Satoshi, and the rest of you must be her friends." Mother Espoir spoke, a bit disorientated, but utilizing the universal prowess of a parent's institution to judge them all her daughter's companions. ... Unless they were all here to be killed by her husband and weren't Yukino's friends. In that case, she's not getting a mop. "Uh... Well... You all want to see her, I can imagine... She's a bit... delicate in the mind at the moment. But... dear, she doesn't want to see us... Thinking she doesn't deserve to and isn't supposed to."

"Excuse me?"

"I told her we'd give her a little bit of space. She needs us - her parents - but she's more devastated than you and I have ever seen."

"... If any of you make it worse and I hear shouting, whoever caused it is dead. I extend that promise to you too, Satoshi."

Fine. The couple left the queen's door for the heroes to enter. When they would, a grieving Nemesis would be spotted, sitting on her old bed, staring at the ground with slightly widened eyes full of shock and misery.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Darren had the fear of death in his heart. The fierce father was worse than any Reaper. He gave a sigh of relief when the Espoir finally calmed down. Even Daiyusha left when he realized Darren was beyond salvation. He was going to speak to the woman who left the room, must have been the lady of the house, but he had a feeling anything he said not would make things worse.

"Good decision."

When they were given clearance, Darren walked into the room slowly. He saw the grieving girl in the robot body as he gave a frown. They weren't that different, both altered by the fighting and war. Best not to bring it up, though. She was bad enough as it was.

"Welcome back..." was the first thing he said. "I know that your new look is... different... but you are you again... A lot of people missed you..."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Satoshi's hand raised itself to gesture to the others, as Mr. Espoir took his leave with his wife. He wanted to question why Karin was here without Haruka, but there was a good chance Haruka wasn't exactly able to ride back. As he had said to the lion, all of them had been through a lot. So, if anything, Haruka would be here soon and Karin was just ahead of schedule.

"Be gentle. Too much excitement could start something, and you do not want the lion, or the lioness, coming in to protect their cub right now. It isn't the time for that." He stepped through the doorway, observing before him a distraught shell of a woman he knew well.

Satoshi had never actually been in Yukino's room before. It was rather grandiose, showing how much the Espoirs doted on their children. The fact that Haruka of all people got to sleep here, too...lucky him. Even the private space in Hawaii couldn't really compare to the amount of care put into this one particular room.

At one time, the farmboy would've hugged her tight, trying to convince her things would be alright. But it was obvious, very obvious, that they weren't. So instead, he seated himself on the end of the bed, a slight distance from her so she could have her space, but still have his presence. Hopefully, Darren and Karin would realize that this is what they had to do to avoid potential conflict.

The Guardian pondered how to begin saying anything, if at all, to the broken Chosen Sword. What really was there to say? She had been a weapon for the other side, the side that disgusted her every time a syllable was voiced of their name. Even if she was back, she was still there, in her altered body, constantly being given a painful reminder as to who she had been, even for just a brief segment of her existence.

All that could come to mind was one phrase: "I'm here."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Before Karin would even receive a response, Yukino's mother had already stepped in and granted her and the rest of the group entry to see Yukino. That was... convenient. She went ahead of the rest of the group, stepping in front of Yukino and kneeling down so her eyes were level with Yukino's own.

Right now, out of all the people in the world, she was probably the only one who truly understood how Yukino felt.

"Yukino..."

She took a deep breath and looked into Yukino's eyes directly.

"...I can understand how it feels. To have been made to help the very thing we fought against, to face down our friends with every intent to kill them, to put all our power into bringing an end to all existence... I know how much that hurts. I know how much it makes you feel sick, and how much it feels like you just want to die."

She had been there too. She had been on Harbinger's side when Nemesis was made, she had been thrown into the tight grip of a Reaper overlord, and had felt the suffocating clutch that forced her every movement and bent her to their will. She had broken free of those shackles and came out of it alive... But scars and memories and fragments of pain and sorrow were leftover. Karin just simply hadn't had the time to process it all yet. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"It hurts and it's disgusting and we're so full of despair right now...

But, Yukino... We made it. We went through hell itself and came out the other side alive. We survived. That... That's what's important. We made it. We-
"

Karin had to catch herself from sniffling, her tears flowing more freely now.

"We're alive. We've been given a second chance to do things right this time. We can keep fighting now."

Karin held a hand up towards Yukino, her palm open and upwards. A tiny flame sparked to life- Nothing more than an ember, barely able to sustain itself. A tiny, warm ember, not even hot enough to cause a burn. She held it out towards Yukino, as if to offer her a hand and to provide a small warmth all at once.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Yukino wanted to respond to her friends entering, conflicted between being glad people are here and wanting to scream at them telling them to get away from the freak of nature. The woman tried to speak, only for nothing to come out but a strained, quiet wheeze. An empty sensation took over her mind and body like the Void coursing through her veins. Here lied not the proud queen that led humanity, but a Star-vader that was lucky to have its own mind. The USB had been taken out of her, along with her body having undergone repairs and a number of her injuries faded. She was cursed with a body that automatically healed her from the inside like a machine. A disgusting, revolting machine that slaughtered in the name of the Death God. When Satoshi sat down on her bed, she only slightly but visibly perked up, ready to shout... and then gave up on doing so. Nothing would come out of mouth anyway. A lot of people missed her, Darren says? Who would miss a complete failure who lost to her sworn enemy and then turned into a puppet?! No, that's asinine, of course people missed her regardless. Of course these people coming to her cared about her... they're the reason why she didn't violently send her own detached blades through her heart.

If she even still had one. She didn't feel one beating.

"I..." Nemesis finally got a... letter out. A single letter after strained silence, the desperation and despair clear as day in her tone. The Chosen Sword wished nothing but death upon herself at the moment, and this is made even worse by her body's condition. What her mother told her about it... The android forced herself to choke out more: "I... am... a prisoner of war. ... I have... some memory of everything that happened."

Yukino then spoke with a more resolute voice, mainly in response to Karin, not taking her offered hand: "Do not... treat me like a human being. I'm nothing close to one." She hissed depressingly, wanting only to be seen as the monster she actual is, accepting no warmth from the flame. Her own mother's warmth felt unnatural to her steel-cold body, and her comrade: Karin's fire as she spoke from the heart of knowing everything she was experiencing... Yukino had been through too much to accept her "change" like Darren and couldn't see the light of being here and alive now like Karin.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Karin withdrew her hand, the ember fading as she did, and stood up, wiping the tears from her eyes. Yukino's words echoed in her mind.

"Do not treat me like a human being. I'm nothing close to one."

Karin looked down at Yukino. From this sort of angle, she looked nothing like the strong and confident commander of humanity she knew. Just like how Karin looked when she had succumbed to the seed inside her, on the very brink of death. And so Karin reached back into her mind, and her heart, back to when she had been the way Yukino was now: Down in the deepest pit of despair, wishing for nothing but her own death to come and save her from this wretched life. Karin shut her eyes for a moment, knelt back down to face Yukino, and opened her eyes once more.

Instead of two brilliant orange eyes staring into Yukino's yellow ones, one of Karin's eyes was black and yellow, as it had been back then.

"Not human..."

She pulled her blade from its sheath and leaned it against the bedside.

"Of course..."

A flash of fire, and Karin's armor appeared on her body, save for the helmet, leaving her face exposed, and her eyes clearly visible.

"You aren't human... And neither am I."

She stood up again, staring down at Yukino, a sad expression across her face.

"In fact, I'd say I'm less human than you are. I'm not even sure what I've become at this point. Part of me lives, part of me died. Part of me is wide awake, with all the strength of the Overlord I know I am. Part of me is sleeping soundly, turned pitch-black by Sovereign's tainted seed. Part of me wishes for Humanity's success, and part of me wants the end to just get here already. Most of me is an Overlord. The rest of me..."

She looked to the ground for only a moment, speaking her next words as she did.

"...Is a Reaper."

She turned to look back up and blinked, her eye returning to its natural color.

"And I'm going to have to live with that for my entire life. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop fighting, to stop moving forward. I'm going to fight for Humanity's sake again, even knowing that a Reaper still sleeps somewhere inside me."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Darren frowned at what she said. It was so similar to himself before that he felt as though he was looking in a mirror. He took a step towards her, only one step. He didn't want to get too close. It was so difficult to see her like this, but at the same time, it was something he needed to see. It was a reminder of what he was before. Looking from this end, he must have been a sad case.

"Yuki, I could say the same, you know..." he spoke in response to her not feeling human. "No one here sees you that way... You said that to me before, right?" He smiled to her as an attempt at reassurance. "You don't have to go through it alone, though. Your remorse shows that you are no less human than I am."

He knew her feeling, so he offered no hand, no warmth... just the company to know that people are here for her. It was more than he had time to receive with all of the battling.

Seeing Karin after that, Darren let his eyes flash purple as his Seed powers activated. "There's a lot of 'non-humans' in our little club at his point," he said to her. "The only thing we can really do is use what we have to make sure the people who can't fight can be at peace. We'll all have a lot to answer for when its done, but we at least have to get there, all together."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Nemesis gazed upon the two who had also been affected by Link Joker. Karin, who doesn't even know her own species at the moment being a mix between an Overlord and a Reaper, while Darren is a transformed Seed. The two of them explained that they're fine, carrying on with their lives through their changes, despite how they'll live with them forever. ... Were they mocking her? Pitying her like a lost sheep? She just said don't treat her as if she's human, implying she should be treated as a prisoner and a monster. "Stop... I don't WANT TO HEAR ANY OF THAT!" Yukino shouted, her detached blades rising accidentally in response to their wielder's elevating anger. "You two can move forward and answer for things as you please! Me? I got turned into my single worst nightmare that destroyed everything I love before my eyes once, then watched them drown everything despair in THIS timeline afterwards! Do you think I give a damn about my remorse or fighting?! Long ago, I wanted to be an empty sword without a heart who was a tool, and now, I AM. I can't even feel my own heart beating, if there's one in this chest! Harbinger ruined my life and turned me into this monstrosity! My mother doesn't even know if there's a way to turn me back, if a way exists!" The android screeched and hollered through a strained voice, reminding them of her doomed timeline where she met both the Star-vaders and the Deletors, and could do nothing to stop their rampage. So, "Yugure" was forced to escape, knowing everyone in that time had been killed - nay - erased from existence. This Singularity Point saw Harbinger's face - her human form - the traitor once in that time... and since there, not a single entity on Earth or Cray has despised Link Joker more than the Chosen Sword. But now... Now she had been turned into one of the very freaks she so violently wanted to mangle and sunder apart with her bare hands. The fact that she could wave those detached swords around at will was proof, and even worse... "I can't even hear the voices of anyone on Cray except Ahm- ... Ace's."

The other monster: Blaster Joker didn't even remember who he was. He was just loyal to Nemesis.

Nemesis wanted to do nothing but burst into tears again, just over the sheer fact that she'll never be able to revert from this nightmare. She'll never have the body of "Yukino Espoir", but instead be a hardened shell stuffed to the brim with Void. Her head hung low again, gritting her teeth and holding the tears back, and her weapons dropped to the floor lifelessly. No... she's not "strong", for the God of Death had successfully broken her. All she had was everything Harbinger gave her: her dream of being an empty sword.

"... Just... stop... Don't bother consoling me."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Darren looked down as he knew she was right. They all hurt the ones they cared about but the effect it had on Yukino specifically was more than they could truly understand. He did get that well enough. Hearing her say that she couldn't hear the voices of Cray anymore was sadder still.

"I... understand..." he said to her. His usual upbeat and positive nature couldn't really help in a situation like this. "Well... maybe the Akashic Records can get your body back... After this is all over, the Time Dragon could... maybe..." He had no idea if that was an answer. He also realized that if it was, someone else probably would have thought of it by now.

"But, whatever you are, you're still Yuki..." he muttered.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Karin picked up her sword and slid it back into its sheath, her armor fading into flames. She stepped back, leaning against the wall, folding her arms. These were Yukino's true feelings- The culmination of her past mistakes coming back to hit her in full force. She had become what she used to wish for, and what she now loathed. And she wasn't even sure if there was a way to change her back to normal.

Back to normal...?

"...There's a way. There's a way to change you back... And to save everyone we've lost."

Of course. Why hadn't she considered it before? It had been staring her in the face this entire time, and she hadn't realized it until now. It was what had made "Nemesis" a reality in the first place, what had started Karin on her ruinous path, and the same object who's very existence had ultimately led to the deletion of Chronos.

"The Akashic Record. It can restore anything that's been deleted- or anyone. It was how Nemesis came to be in the first place. How Sharyu was brought to this time... But the same can hold true for us. Harbinger has access to it, somehow, and I'm sure that gear dragon also knows how to get to it. If we can get to it, we can pull everyone who's been deleted back into this world. And chances are, Yukino, you can become your true self again."

A glimmer of hope, if only that.

"And with Nemesis no longer a threat to humanity, Sovereign and Harbinger are the only two things standing in the way of it. If we overcome them, we can set everything right. Everything."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Darren smiled to hear that his thought was correct. It was a bit of hope, as well as something to fight for. They really did have a way to bring back everyone and everything this war took from them. "See Yuki, there is a way!" He was happy to hear the news, but the Dimensional Robos had heard something else.

"If she remembers everything, there might be some information you guys can get to end this a lot sooner," Daikaiser said out loud.

Darren gave a small pout and said, "She just got home. Is it really time for 20 questions?"

"For the sake of actually ending the war, yes."

Darren crossed his arms with a small pout. He was enjoying the time with Yukino and the others, even if the circumstances were... not ideal. Still, Karin Yukino and Darren combined had knowledge and information about the enemy. Together they could, in theory, talk out a way to finish the battle.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:28 pm

"... Ridiculous. I was given knowledge of the Akashic Record, and I still don't know how it works. Harbinger has access to it, which already puts us in a terrible position. On top of that, Chronojet won't move because Harbinger will kill him on sight. If we remove Harbinger and Sovereign... I'm not putting my money on it. As clever as Harbinger thinks she is, Sovereign talked about having a Trump Card, and she said he wouldn't tell even her what it is. This brings me back to my original point: do not console me, I don't want it. I don't believe my body can be restored and... it's what I wanted anyway. I failed to stop my sworn enemy, and my punishment for losing is rewarding me with what I always wished to be.

I wish I had jumped off that construction beam."

Oh boy. Nemesis is definitely a broken Yukino turned even into a defeatist. Humanity's proud ex-commander had been shriveled up into a hollow shell with nothingness, the empty feeling of her insides burning now that she had actual feelings. She would rather not even be Yukino Espoir or believe in anything as to where she could be restored. What a fool her mirror Yugure was, who yearned to have no emotion in order to serve... Maybe it isn't so bad, seeing as she'll be a tool for humanity if she fights now. Hope was dead, but at least she found solace somewhere, if nothing else.

"... I said... I am a prisoner of war... I remember several things about my time as Nemesis, like you do surely, Karin. There's an important point about Harbinger and Sovereign that needs to be addressed that..."

Nemesis choked back even mentioning it, not just because it reminded her of what she had been, but also because...

"... Sovereign willingly told me himself, while he told no other of the Reaper Drones."

---------------------------------

Father Espoir had heard Yukino shout and it took mom frantically calming him down to make sure he didn't storm up there nad fill the manor with three new corpses. But then, she diverted attention to something else: "Who is that new maid?"

"... Oh yeah, I meant to ask her that myself..."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:40 pm

"Then I won't console you further."

She pushed herself up off the wall, standing up straight again. This time, she turned to each of the people in the room with her in turn.

"But I would put my money on offing the last two Reapers. I'm... Almost positive I've figured out Harbinger's weakness, and I can take a pretty good guess at what this 'Trump card' of Sovereign's is."

She recalled her time as a Drone- The last few moments of it, anyway, before she had gone off to face her death. Fading from the battle as Sovereign took a distinctly painful blow to the face, appearing in the Reaper HQ she could no longer remember the location of, and seeing Harbinger writhing in unnatural pain, bleeding from a wound that should have closed. She hadn't considered any of it at the time, being too preoccupied with her own imminent death, but now she was piecing it together.

"Sovereign's 'Trump card'... Is likely a Stride. Solis was capable of it, and I can only assume the other drones were as well. It'd stand to reason that Sovereign, too, would have found a way to do so. And even then, it's not like there's some rule that prevents the Reapers from doing it."

A Transcended Reaper. The thought sent a chill down Karin's spine, even if she assumed it to be true.

"And Harbinger's weakness... She's tied to Sovereign. The last time I saw him, Bashiro had punched a hole through his skull. Only seconds later, I find myself face to face with a bleeding Harbinger howling in pain. It doesn't make any sense, unless Harbinger could feel Sovereign's pain the same way I did when I was under his control- And that would mean they're lifelinked, as I was."

Just a theory, perhaps, but Karin thought it the most likely answer. It was little wonder the Twin Towers were strongest together, where they could support one another and compensate for their weaknesses at once- Harbinger taking blows for Sovereign, Sovereign dealing blows for Harbinger. An impenetrable shield paired with an all-powerful sword.

"...Those two things, and... What is it, then, that Sovereign told you, Yukino?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Darren crossed his arms, still wishing that he could help her defeatist attitude. At the absolute least, she was willing to talk about what happened. That was a start. A bit of possibility within her pit of despair. Daikaiser was satisfied about the situation as well. This was the kind of information humanity needed.

"Something only you know, huh?" he said as he thought about it. "We can talk about the big book another time... but are you sure he didn't set you up for a trap? Seems kinda weird he'd trust you that much, but the big guy is pretty ego heavy. Probably didn't think you'd ever be freed."

Hearing everything that Karin said, he slammed his fist into his hand and said, "If he has a Stride, we'll just knock it back down. I did it to Solis and we can only do better than that! As for Tomato Head... I kinda can see it. The big guy can be hurt so we can take him down to take her down. We've seen it can be done."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:25 pm

After concluding his business in Umano, Seifer returned... only to feel the power radiating from the house. "Who pissed Dad off now...?" he sighed to himself, opening the door and entering... making sure to shut it behind him before ascending the stairs. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where exactly the others were, considering the event that had recently concluded with Yukino. Striding down the hall, he stopped just outside of Yukino's room, shutting his eyes for a moment... knocking twice before entering, noting that at least Karin and Darren were in the room with Yukino. It seemed they were having a conversation, and he opted to let them finish before saying anything... standing off to the side.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:51 pm

"Cease your confidence, lest we fall victim to exactly what Chronos warned us of. The Ace would be entirely different from a Transcended Reaper." Nemesis gritted her teeth and snarled angrily at Darren's notion of knocking down Stride if Sovereign has it in store. They already have enough issue with the Twin Towers as it is, and if they have a G Unit at their disposal... Getting Harbinger away from the Akashic Record is the last of their worries. After listening to Darren and Karin, with Satoshi listening well, hopefully, Yukino spoke to relay only what she knew and what she thought of it as the enemy of the Outer Gods. "Karin, I can confirm it. Sovereign told me that he and Harbinger as linked in a way as to where the gigantic Vanguard of Destruction himself is that shedevil's weakness. The pain he feels, she will feel. If he experiences the sweetness of gratuitous death, so will she." The malice and hatred in Yukino held toward Link Joker still held true as her voice grew to an incredibly livid hiss, reveling in the thought of Harbinger screeching in pain and agony, and Sovereign doing the same. Her eyes narrowed, her fists clenched, and the Void within her boiled like blood. Truly, the imperial wrath of the queen was still very much alive, even if she suffered from crippling depression.

If Harbinger wasn't invincible, Yukino would have mauled her on sight.

"... To answer your question though Darren... I'm actually entirely sure it's a trap. Harbinger likes to think she's clever, but she's very arrogant. We're all stupid humans to her, and I can't say she isn't entitled to her ego considering what she's gotten away with. But Sovereign is careful. He wanted to kill us all from the beginning, but went with Harbinger's 'game'. He's smarter than her. Think about it like this: If his Trump Card was a Transcended Reaper, what's the point of keeping that from Harbinger?

... The mastermind of what's left is Sovereign, not Harbinger. The very fact that he was willing to expose this weakness without a lie is enough. He's not stupid enough as to not suspect everyone taking me back with this information either.

... And yet... There is no other answer to Harbinger..."

Nemesis' rage subsided, especially as her "brother" entered. She looked away, shying from her kin. Like her parents, she didn't think she deserved to even be around him. As far as she's concerned, Yukino is dead.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm

"That's exactly why his trump card is a Stride." Karin spoke up, nodding to Yukino's confirmation of Harbinger's weakness. At least one truth was known and agreed upon now.

"Why keep something like that from Harbinger? Because Harbinger would insist on holding it back, taking it and making it another part of her "Game". If Sovereign's as smart as you say, then he'd know not to do that. He would realize that Humanity is still a very real threat, and that there's a chance they might lose.

If he told Harbinger what it was... She'd probably get even more overconfident than she already is, and that would be a problem for Sovereign.
"

Karin closed her eyes to ponder the situation for a moment, and the new information that had just come to light. Could it really be so simple? Transcendence on a Reaper being the ultimate weapon and a lifelink being the key to victory?

"...But maybe you're right. That alone might not be reason enough. There could be something more, something we haven't considered... Hmm. In any case, we'll have to be wary of what such a Stride might be capable of. Now, another matter..."

She brought a hand to her chin, looking over at Yukino.

"...Yukino. Haruka... Is done, I'm pretty sure. He's reached his limit and doesn't have a deck to continue fighting with. And you don't seem like you want to take up your role as commander right now. So..." Karin gulped. This would be a risky play. "...Please allow me to take command in your stead, for the time being. I want to lead the fight against Harbinger and Sovereign, and even if you won't fight by our side, I still think it's possible to win this war."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:08 pm

"That doesn't make any sense. Harbinger would intentionally hold back the Trump Card, but Sovereign himself has yet to play it already, and the war has been going on for this long. Something that the Reaper overlord doesn't know... A calculation beyond even that banshee's foresight..." Nemesis's anger and anxiety took over her depression, realizing that humanity has reached the point to where they threaten the Deletors. Yet... the Daunting Deletor has a plan in store even the traitorous mastermind behind everything in the entire era save the early civil war. Perhaps Karin's point is correct and does make sense. Maybe Harbinger would get far too overconfident for her own good. ... But in that case, she couldn't understand why she would be told Harbinger's weakness at all in that case.

... Maybe it was all pointless to think about.

Harbinger outsmarted them long enough for everyone's lives to go to Hell or complete erasure. If Sovereign's smarter than that, what can they do?

The super weapon's furious expression returned to its sorrowful state, and grew worse over hearing of Haruka. Considering he had to deal with her on the enemy side and probably held up the Resistance, she can only imagine the torment he went through. How sorry she could be about it didn't mean a thing. She told him she'd come back during the Nightmare without End, and failed to uphold it.

... She didn't deserve him either.

She doesn't deserve anything but to just be a sword, if even that.

"... I don't care who commands the Resistance anymore. Do what you want."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:25 pm

"So then, what if I chose to do it?" Seifer finally spoke up after remaining quiet during the discussion. He had come in on the tail end of the discussion, but it looked like it was about the weakness of Harbinger and Sovereign having this trump card. "I'm not half as good as any of you, so I can only imagine it would just all go to shit rather quickly." he paused glancing at Karin for a moment. She'd probably make a better one than him, but he couldn't just... stay quiet anymore.

"You can wallow here in your own despair however long you want. I can't say that I don't want to do the same. I've lost Rosalia again, so all I really have left is you, mom dad and Noel. That's... really it. So maybe it'd be better that you stay here and keep to yourself... let those here take care of you while we fight. You've done enough fighting to last all of our lifetimes or more." he turned slightly, crossing his arms and sighing. "I'm not going to sugar coat it, or lie to you. This world has gone to shit, and we may not even have a chance at life anymore. I don't even know why I keep getting up whenever I'm knocked down. Maybe it's to see the end results of my efforts." he looked at Yukino out of the corner of his good eye, keeping his blind eye away from her.

"I don't have a future anymore, so I'm no better than a sword anyways. So just stay here and wait for us, while I take your place as their sword. No matter what happened, you're still my sister and I love you dearly, as does everyone else. I've told you before you can lean on me for support but you took things upon yourself, and this is what happened. This is the result." he turned to leave, placing a hand on the door frame... stopping and not looking back. "And because I know you, you don't get to decide if you're worthy of us or not. That's our choice." he didn't pity her, he couldn't. He loved his adopted sister as if she was his own flesh and blood, but this was reality. His own misery had taken it's toll on his cheer, and seeing her like this... it only reminded him of himself. ...Maybe that's how she felt when he wanted to disappear.

Leaving the room, he quietly shut the door before going down the hall. One more stop to make he supposed. Stopping before the door leading to the room that held the massive presence of the house... He knocked twice on Lord Espoir's office door. "Dad it's..." he swallowed once, getting nervous. Father Espoir was always a rather intimidating figure, and he could only imagine what Yukino's condition could of possibly done to him. "It's Seifer, may I come in?"
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:28 pm

"Perhaps it doesn't make sense... There's a key fact we don't know yet, most likely. Otherwise, honestly, I have no clue what Sovereign's plan is, but that still isn't going to stop me from trying to fight them anyway."

Then came the answer. Yukino... Didn't care. Karin supposed that was to be expected, given her current mental state. Works. "Then I'll lead Humanity through this."

She motioned to Satoshi, moving towards the door. She gave a glance to Darren, too. "Take all the time you want. I'm going back to Umano... Please meet me there with the rest of the Resistance when you're done here. I'll need every hand I can get."

She stepped through the doorway to leave, but stopped halfway through. She turned her head back to give a final look at Yukino, her expression solemn. "And, Yukino...

...You returned the favor after all. We're even now.
"

With her final words said, she departed, giving Seifer the same request to meet her at Umano before leaving the manor and beginning her trek back to Umano, and the Resistance HQ.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next