Espoir Mansion

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by Cipher on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 pm

The contents of the letter read as follows:

Karin,

I'm sorry I didn't have the ability to say this to your face, but I didn't have the strength to keep her from being deleted. You'll understand, given I left a card with this letter. With her strength, during the era of Reverse, I managed to gain power and confidence, something I lost far to easily at such simple losses. When you first showed up with the Resistance, I noticed how in awe you were I had Nouvelle and it made me proud for some reason. But like I usually do, I messed it up somehow and lost Kagero. After you all saved me from my stupidity as well, yes you included even if you were a Drone at the time... I got my flames back, only to lose Nouvelle once again to Harbinger. After my fight with you with Kagero against Kagero, I thought maybe I wasn't strong enough. I don't know, maybe I still do, but the matter stands that I chose to keep fighting after each loss. This isn't giving up a clan or a card that came to me. It's passing on a flame to who I believe is it's rightful owner. Take good care of her yeah? If anyone can get her back, it's you.
Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Satoshi's fingers still tingled from their handshake. There was a familiar warmth in Karin's hand, one that reminded him of a few years back, meeting and befriending Haruka. There was no doubt in his mind that she was a Kagero player, whether in his stead or another's. She was right that it was fairly similar, but even then...at least, for the most part, they weren't somehow at each other's throats over nothing. If anything, he had the itch to talk to her and find out what had been going on.

But, alas, she had to make a move on to what was likely another clash between the Resistance and the Reapers. Tell Haruka to check in? That sounded like a reasonable idea, so that the two of them could finally take some action as members of the original Triad.

Yet, a thought instantly put him back instantly into meditative reflection.

What's the point? You're just going to lose more denizens of Cray if you bother trying...
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Haruka would have worn an expression of deathly dissonance if it weren't for the fact his own heart wouldn't jump start with surprise fast enough. He took the moment, to catch himself. Standing up straight, Haruka looked at Yukino's mother, Miss Espoir. His mouth trembled fiercely, as he nearly slammed the whole weight of his body into the wall. He sniffled raggedly into the air, trying to keep air flowing through his body. His eyes waned with life as he opened his mouth finally, explaining the situation.

"Yukino was deleted... Yes... But there is... so, so much more."

His fist collided with the wallpaper, leaving a trail of dirt and blood against his as his breath finally caught up with his lungs. He spoke, his desire to fix the broken past now concluding, and the understanding that his own world was catching up with reality turned and turned and turned as the wheels of his psyche caught fire.

"She was brought back, I can't say I understand how... But she isn't herself. She is called "Nemesis", or so she says. Look, I don't have the time to explain details, and I can't spare you the sorrow right now because the one's out there on the field need it. I just..."

Haruka was close to nearly ripping his hair out. The rush of the heart was finally showing through, but he felt the presence of the world slowly closing in. There was so much more than needed to be done, but at this moment Haruka had to give condolences. The pressure to push and shove and fight was overwhelming his exhaustion and subtle emotions.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:53 pm

"... Hope." Mother Espoir finally stated after a few moments of silence. The parents stood quietly, listening to Haruka, and still not speaking when he stopped until then. Father Espoir... kept his stoic expression. It was all he knew how to keep his distress and pain under control. He had to work and help do something - anything at every single point of a day possible. If he was sad, he kept his composure and tried to fix it. ... If his daughters were both just... gone, he'd never be able to fix that. He didn't know if he should've let everything out when news of Yukino's erasure reached or if he should keep himself under wraps just to help his wife cope. But his wife said something that didn't make sense after their would-have-been son-in-law spoke.

"Hope?" Father Espoir questioned, confused.

"She's alive... She's... alive. She's in the hands of... the most atrocious evil, but she's alive... So take her back. Figure out how to take her back, please!!" Mother Espoir was taken aback by the revelation, and slowly, but surely, began to break down into hysteric tears again. The doctor rushed over to Haruka, paying more mind to his ability and will to do something than the pain of what just happened to his hand when it collided with the wall. She grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him desperately. "If she can be taken back, then Hana too...! Oh, please! Hana too!" His shoulders were clutched onto tightly by the crying maiden, begging the Gods of two worlds to return the Queen and Princess home where they belonged. Father Espoir watched... visibly miserable by her mood. However, he was able to keep a grip on himself, because that first word she spoke that was their namesake was right.

"Espoir" - "Hope".

"... Interesting", Father Espoir finally opened his mouth again with a rather ill-fitting word choice for the mood. "Honey, I might have a solution. And you, Haruka. How much do you think you can still fight?" The lion got down to business, but really, his heart was lighting up. There's still a spark left that can turn everything around and mend the heavy wound of the past. He needed to trust the boy with a task of the utmost, critical importance.

... No.

He wanted to trust him with it.

"Dear...?" Mother Espoir didn't understand what he was going to get at, and looked toward him while still holding onto Haruka.
Best Girl
Administrator

View user profile http://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:19 pm

As his body was taken into Miss Espoir's hand, where he expected a moment of tender care, he was shocked to be given a violent shake. Perhaps not so much violent, but rather incredibly desperate. Something she was searching for, her daughters' lives, she thought maybe Haruka was capable of bringing back. Her pleas were not upon deaf ears, but rather within the simplest terms of the word, impossible... Or at least, that was how Haruka recognized it. In fact, even survival felt impossible now that the key to humanity's survival had been taken and used against them.

"...I... how--"

Before he could finish his phrase, he heard the head of the house finally speak up. Not just an exclamation or minor word of cause, but an actual suggestion. First, was the inquiry of Haruka's ability to fight. How was he? Completely unable, likely to collapse given the slightest breeze, and perhaps facing bodily dysfunction.

"I'm fine, sir. Fine to carry on, anyways."

His eyes were bloodshot, his clothes torn and covered in dirt, mulch, blood, sweat and the tears of the beseech'd. His heart was on his sleeve, bruised and broken and blue. The lion of a father seemed anxious, but prepared. Determination like an ember, sparking the pilot light. Haruka blinked, realizing his body was still in the grasp of his once-was-to-be mother-in-law, he nodded to her, assuring it was alright to let go, and that he could do what needed to be done. He just needed to hear this plan first to support that claim.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Mother Espoir didn't let go of Haruka, despite how he motioned it was okay to. In fact, as Father Espoir began to speak, she hugged the boy, still looking at her husband. She clutched the navy boy close, warmly as if trying to keep hold to him in fear of him vanishing too. Seifer and Haruka... they weren't truly blood to the Espoirs, but to her, they were family nonetheless. Meanwhile, Father Espoir knew Haruka was realistically unable to keep going like this. Unlike his fiancée, he wasn't built to run like he was. He didn't train himself to near-without end like Yukino did. Of course he was going to be run ragged if Yukino herself was already exhausted by the war, lasting as long as she did. Despite this, he felt it was best to leave this in his hands. His heart and soul would pull him through if absolutely nothing else.

"Go get that USB." Father Espoir told his wife, surprising her.

"Huh? What is that going to-"

"I don't know Harbinger as much as Yukino did, but I know this. The evil likes toying with people, so she likely let this 'Nemesis' have hints and bits of memories. Things she herself can't put together. It's to taunt you guys. She's taunting you with memories Yukino herself can't put together anymore. So, the solution is give her the straight line of her memories."

"How does the USB help that?!"

"I'm going to go on a wild limb that if the ruler of Link Joker revived her sworn enemy, it'd be as a doll - a servant. Who's lower than the Reapers in the clan?"

"... Star... vaders...!" Mother Espoir finally got the gist of everything Father Espoir was trying to put out, and rushed off.

"You, come with me." Father Espoir motioned Haruka into his obvious, and reached for the ceiling. Nobody else could get up there without a ladder, but this man was so outrageously tall, he could reach it without stretching. A compartment in the ceiling opened as he pressed his finger on a well-blended in button. Within it was a beautiful, sparkling, luxurious chest of the colorings of Royal Paladin. It was opened, and within it was a deck case with the Insignia of the King. Just like Alfred's. Taking it out, the lion emperor turned to his son-in-law. "What I'm about to give you is the remaining symbol of the Old Days. This deck is the deck of King Ezer, Alfred's father. This will confuse her. Use it." The man kept it short and sweet, but his tone was stern and serious. This was a matter of the old king, past royalty, Haruka would be taking a lineage in his hands. ... He better not lose it. He reached out to give the deck to him.

Mother Espoir dashed back in with a USB with a tag reading "Little Light Babies" written on it. She approached Haruka, realizing the tag... might get in the way. But she didn't want to take it off. She wanted it labelled... But it's a pointless sentiment right now. Better to sacrifice that if she can have her daughters back. She reached out to give him the USB. "Throw this into her, anywhere, insert it somewhere, I don't know how it'll work. Just... please..."

"You're the only one who can do it, son." Father Espoir told Haruka, with proof of his acceptance and blessing.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 pm

In the face of adversity, one must steel their heart to the ends of the Earth. Haruka had no heart to steel so fondly, but he had the hearts of others beating in its place. Not that his was particularly absent, but simply weakened. Right now, he had all of which he needed to do so. The belief of this mother, this woman who he fondly remembered as Yukino and Hana's mother, was now embracing him dearly like

like a mother.

Haruka's eyed bridled on the edge of tears, but he didn't know why. Where was this sentiment rising from? Where did the heat in his throat cheeks come from? His face felt warm, like the blood was rushing fluently. His fingers began to tremble as he was handed the deck and USB. His mouth was agape, looking at both Miss Espoir and Father Espoir. The heads of this house, of companies and regulations and leaders of organizations and tied to Cray with a royal heritage on their back... was now calling this outcast, a misfit of a boy from a world that came crashing and burning under the weight of the blood which he spilled in the name of the Dragon Empire once... they called him

their son.

Haruka stopped shaking, stepping forward at first. He wanted to embrace them, he wanted to call them his parents. He wanted to tell them he'll be back with their daughter, and he wanted to tell them the world will be saved. He wanted to tell them humanity would be restored within a moment's notice, and that he would do it no matter what because this is the first time he's felt the weight of expectations from parents. The first time he could remember since his own falsified childhood feeling the warmth that they could have over him. This heat washed over Haruka, rejuvenating him even the slightest bit.

He opened his mouth, his hands now grasping the keys to saving everyone. Or rather, saving the one person who can save everyone else. He would be the Forerunner to Humanity, his feet as fleet as Hermes.

"Thank you. Allow me to bring back your legacy. I won't return until I have her in my arms. That's a promise."

With that, Haruka turned his back now to these people. His

parents.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:42 am

Satoshi felt as though his lingering was starting to bear a burden on Butler-san, even as the latter insisted otherwise. He sat his mug down and rose, preparing to leave. But, just as he was...

"Master Haruka is present. He might wish to speak to you, Master Satoshi."

The Guardian halted. Haruka being here...left him with mixed feelings. On the one hand, it was likely inevitable, for in Yukino's stead, he, her husband-to-be, was now the leader of the Resistance, so it was only sensible for him to report to the Espoirs as a side headquarters from the one in Umano. But on the other...

It had been so long since they had spoken or worked together. Since the tournament, Satoshi and Mizumi had stayed far from the affairs of the Resistance to attempt to break ground elsewhere against the Reapers, but to no avail. To come back with nothing...to come back a failure...it was hard to say that he felt like he could still be by a best friend's side with that kind of approach.

This self-reflection compelled him to lean against the banister of the manor, as if fate was provoking him to wait for Haruka to appear...
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:45 pm

Within the few moments of gratification that Haruka was allowed, his body now once more pushing itself to its limit as he exited the staircase and took a left into the kitchen for a brief moment of relaxation, until his presence was met with one of what he might assume to be a phantom in his old friend's clothing. Haruka halted, his eyes fixated on him for a moment, his shoulders once worn and slumped, now priced up and statuesque, in an attempt to convey the masquerade of his exhaustion more cleanly.

He opened his mouth at the man, blinking. What kind of words was he going to say? Was he going to go about the day like nothing happened? No, of course not. Because there was no phantom here. Satoshi was here, and of the last few times they managed to catch each other, was perhaps a cold day in this Hell they call Earth. He trained his eyes on him, then Butler-san, who promptly began to exit the room as the icy presence of Haruka began to radiate. Of course this was a trait he adapted from his beloved, but it became far more excessive in the emotional nature of the commander.

"... Satoshi."

Haruka placed a hand on the counter, the index finger fidgeting into a non-rhythmic tapping against the granite. Each tap bound by pressure, but only audible to Haruka himself. He adjusted his collar semi-frequently, allowing the awkward stillness to progress as he finally took a couple of steps forward. The leather of his boots clacked gracefully against the linoleum floor, though only until he stopped and found his gaze upon the last of the two-parts of the Triad. One was a death-machine, in the most literal sense of the phrase, whilst the lover of her is now a shell of his former self. Satoshi might have the most vitality of the three, and that says a lot given the position they're in.

"Can I help you with something?"

His professional persona now replacing his original hesitance, Haruka gulped a small bit, cracking out the kinks in his neck and rolling the stiffness in his shoulders away.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Can I help you with something?...

Something in Satoshi's blood started to boil a little at that. Despite trying to stay calm, it was starting to build up again. It, of course, being the thought that his own existence was dwindling down into worthlessness, even amongst his best of friends. The professionalism would normally have been something he would've taken in stride, but at this moment, it was possibly one of the worst things that could've been said to him.

"You could start by telling me where my friends have gone." He looked towards the door of the manor. "Because last I checked, we don't have to stay so straight-suited around each other. Or is it because we've been separated so long that we aren't necessarily friends?"

Something had definitely snapped, because that was probably the last possible thing Satoshi should've thought, let alone said aloud. But all the bad memories were just flooding in, all at once, as though it were a trigger phrase.

Losing Yukino briefly to the darkness of Shadow Paladin in the past...

Being separated from the Triad while the other two were engaging in a relationship, mocked by Neu every step of the way...

Losing Seph, even for just a moment...

Becoming a Reverse Agent and hurting those of the Resistance he had come to be acquainted with, not being there for Tsubasa's final hour...

Watching unit after unit, erased from existence...

A man could be tough, and take it all for what it was, but at some point, something was going to come out, and for the Guardian of Cray, that time was now.

His head returned from looking at the door to Haruka's face, his eyes looking daggers for possibly the first time in his life. His anger and frustration, bottled up and nurtured by his inner darkness, had finally come to form and broken through the restraints of meditation.

Yet, this was crucial, for if there was anyone who could perhaps knock it back down, Satoshi was staring right at him.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 pm

From the shadows of which Haruka emerged, what he saw was not what he heard. The words that caught wind to his ears were of contempt and ruthless retribution, not friendly greeting. Though, with the own way he greeted his compatriot, should he have expected such a thing? Perhaps not, though twas the backlash which was dealt in a blow to him that sent the ebb and flow of the tides off their course. The still of the hallway lights were dim, but enough for any servant within the area to lay witness to the next scene. The white-haired commander stood, shocked and appalled, his restlessness overcoming his rationality. He gripped the gloves in his pocket for a moment, pulling them out steadily and equipping one to the right hand. Though, stopping just before allowing the blank fabric to blanket over the left, as Haruka looked up to the boiling over Guardian of Cray.

"Huh..."

Haruka nodded, chuckling for a moment, before the daggers in Satoshi's eyes became a bullseye for Haruka's own knuckles. The ferocity that embellished Haruka's fists was so broad that the horizon itself felt envy pour over its very existence. The sea and the Earth and the stars and Heaven must have come to a joint agreement to send them their last little bit of energy to one human, and it was being expended for this very moment. The white-haired commander's shoulders relaxed, as the overcoming blast of eminent exhibitionist violence was displayed.

Every emotion that coursed through his veins was running rampant now into this left hand, as if the souls of every unit that wasn't deleted was giving Haruka enough strength to send a message. This message was destructive and deliberate, but this message was necessary, and it was righteous. Self-righteous? Perhaps. But it was a necessary righteousness, because even if Satoshi and Haruka never saw each other again for as long as they lived, Haruka would never accept these words coming out of his mouth to anybody but himself and only under these circumstances, and is the only reason this punch did not quite literally obliterate Satoshi's skull altogether.

As his knuckles collided with the flesh of the Guardian of Cray, the feeling of clenched bone lodging into several crevices began to create miniature slash marks from the angle of bone in the knuckles of the commander. One right next to the left eye, another under the eye, a direct impact the cheek, and a large bruise would likely emerge right by the left eyebrow as well. This punch, dare one to describe it with words, might have been compared equivalently to the eruption of Mt. Pompeii. Not a gush of flowing lava, but a quite literal explosion of dust and debris that suffocated and destroyed the city within moments. This strike, this punch, from one fellow to another, was not a growing and waxing attack waiting to push forth, but rather an instantaneous explosion of welled up emotional disposition, waiting to set forth to Satoshi's very being.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:41 am

It was like a thousand things happened at once. Satoshi realized what he had said at the same time Haruka's fist collided with his face. A foolish, idiotic thought that should've been kept to himself, but broke through his lips regardless.

And with the fist came...many flashbacks.

Meeting Yukino and Haruka for the first time...bonding with them over simultaneous failure to make it to the national championship...

Yukino punching Satoshi hard enough to knock him out by accident in her excitement over Hana's victory at nationals...

The three of them working together to fight off threat after threat, uniting time and time again...how the hell could he have just let that be forgotten, at a time like this, where unity was key? Even if Yukino wasn't there...Haruka was. He was.

All of them were. He had memories of Darren, Tsubasa, Noel, Seifer and Rose...even Cero, an archrival if anything, was a positive memory. They were all standing together against a common enemy, united in purpose.

He remembered Mizumi, her love for him and his for her...how he longed to let her see this world in better shape than it was...

And most recently, he remembered his brother from another timeline, his trust having been placed in the Guardian of Cray...

The punch itself hurt like a truck. Despite being a rather well-built young man, being caught by surprise wasn't beneficial to Satoshi's taking a hit. The knuckles' strength and force behind them had him spiraling to the floor, blood gushing from his nose and a bruise forming on his cheek. Normal folks would be sobbing in pain from this sort of blow.

But Satoshi's tears that began to form...they reflected a different sort of pain than those of a fist. They were the tears of emotional distress, a realization brought at the hands of one who had basically become humanity's newest leader, more than likely against his will. Everything he had been holding back, the anger, the sadness...it had burst out, only to be followed by a blow of reality.

All they had to do, to save everything...was stick together and cut this distance shit out. Now was the time to make things right, which had been avoided for far too long.

Even as the tears dripped, Satoshi grunted and pushed himself up on his hands...and began to chuckle a little.

"I deserved that." He looked up at Haruka again, the daggers gone and replaced with warm, watery hazels. Wasn't a bad answer, either, to get him back in focus. "So, tell me, Haruka...is that what we're going to do to them to get everyone back, or is there more?..."

Satoshi wiped a tear off along with some of the blood coming from his nose. He'd probably be fine, that hit just took him by surprise and definitely would still ache a bit. "Because if there's more, you know you just have to tell me and I'll do it."
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:38 pm

With a connective blow, Satoshi was sent reeling out bleeding. The white-haired commander shook his fist, feeling the pain of the collision backlash to himself as well. No true damage to the hand, other than some cuts and likely a bruise to form within due time. Haruka ran the right hand through his hair, watching as his compatriot completely came to.

Satoshi, bleeding and tearing up, was now back to his senses, the commander had deemed. Glaring down at him for a moment, Haruka shut his eyes briefly, revealing sincerity behind them when his irises were revealed. He leaned down, sending out a hand to the remaining third of the Triad, the one who had not been deleted and re-enacted as an enemy.

"Plenty of 'em, yeah. I'll throw every last weapon on Cray I can at them, and if and when they don't work, I'll put every force I've got left behind a good swing. Be weary, that was only my left, Satoshi."

Haruka grinned a sinister yet sincere grin, waiting for his friend to take hold of his hand. His eyes darted to the door for a moment, remembering that there were things that had to get done. He looked to Satoshi, speaking as he was lifting his friend from the ground via pull.

"We have work to take care of, and we need to do it now.... We will definitely talk more, soon. For now, let's depart."

The Triad sought restoration, whether or not it was going to a be a lovely reunion depended entirely on the remaining foundation of humanity.
Jello

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:38 am

Satoshi gripped Haruka's hand and pulled himself up, then hugged him tight, only for just a moment, reflecting on the first time the Triad came together. They did have work to do, just like back then...but this time, it wasn't simply to become stronger, do better, whatever it meant to become some of the best Vanguard players in the world.

No, this time...

"Let's get her back." Satoshi turned with Haruka, his coat fluttering a little as he swung around. "Just tell me what the plan is on the way over, and we'll make it happen."
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 am

Espoir Manor, a place Darren hadn't been to since the Reverse. Even then, he didn't really meet anyone who lived there. Still, he remembered where it was, or at least Dailander did. The living car stopped at the front of the estate before it vanished. All that was left was a barely standing Darren Shurensei and the passed out Yukino Espoir.

He slowly walked to the front door, step by step. His energy, his stamina... all were spent. Battling against not one but three of the strongest enemies to recently appear would do that to anyone. That wasn't to say Darren contributed the most, but he was beaten and battered. To move this much was mostly from the power of the Seed enhancing his human endurance, strength, and stamina.

He finally reached the front door, but he could not knock. He had Yukino's mostly metallic body in his arms. To worn out to think, he used his head... literally. His head banged on the door multiple times before he let himself lean onto the door itself. His legs gave way and he sank to his knees as his eyes slowly began to close. He didn't pass out, but he was too tired to move.
NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am

Beatrice had been finishing up dusting the furniture when she heard the banging on the door. "Have they return?" She immediately rush off to the door, unlocking it and slowly opening it only to see the almost passed out Darren and the metallic Yukino. "Oh dear..." She clapped her hands, two Battle Sisters appearing and helping up Darren as the maid herself lifted Yukino up bridal style. "This is gonna be a common thing I'm guessing." She left the door open for anyone else who was following as she carried Yukino to a room to lay her on a bed while the Battle Sisters laid Darren on a couch to rest on.
EternalDollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:03 am

Darren didn't fight against the aid of the Battle Sisters. His eyes opened to see Beatrice. "Oh, you were at the tournament..." he said in a weak tone. It had been so long but he did still remember she was there. It meant they could skip introductions at the very least. So, Yuki's gonna be okay, right?" he asked, worrying more about her than about himself.
NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:33 am

Beatrice merely nodded before walking off with Yukino. "Worry about yourself first. I will make sure she is alright. I've already prepared everything in her room for her return." And with that she gently carried Yukino to her room, placing her on the bed and began to check her conditions. Meanwhile the Battle Sisters disappeared as soon as they dropped Darren on the couch, one being called to Beatrice's side as an assistance in case Yukino needed treatment of any sort. Assuming she could understand how this new body of Yukino worked.
EternalDollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 am

Darren plopped onto the couch, hoping that Yukino was alright but he was in no condition to help at all. He needed some time to recover. He let out a small sigh as he said, "Guessing this isn't like my house... Someone is probably here..." Knowing this, initial instinct would be to leave quickly. Initial instinct was not Darren's strong suit. Even if he had such an idea, mobility was gone at this point.

"He's dead..."
"He's dead..."
NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:43 am

After this critical battle with the Resistance's former leader turned puppet, Seifer had initially watched Darren leave with Yukino before opting to return here himself. Before he left the battleground, he had informed Resistance medics of Lua's position, then promptly disappeared from the area.

Stopping short of the door, the brunette glanced up at the mansion his eye half shut. What was he really afraid of anymore? Glancing back over his shoulder for a moment, maybe trying to decide if he should just... walk away from it all, a thought went through his mind. Could he really walk away? All he had left in this world was right here. Most of it anyway. Pulling his phone out to message his other sister, Noel, he sighed upon seeing the shattered casing. The phone was destroyed from the previous battles, something he shouldn't of been really surprised about. Placing his free hand on the door knob, he twisted it, the soft click echoing softly as he pushed the door open.

The brunette took in the entry hall, almost feeling alien to him like the first time he'd come here after being adopted. Quietly shutting the door behind him, he placed the broken phone on a nearby table before looking around, walking slowly through. Maybe it was just his misery that prevented it initially, but things began to fall into place in his mind. After the previous war with Link Joker, after losing Rosalia countless times... Even being disowned by his own flesh and blood, he had a home here now. Why? Why did they allow this no name to live here? To be a part of this prestigious family? He knew Yukino had something to do with it, he knew but why did she push for his adoption? Did she pity him?

Happening upon Darren snapped his thoughts back into this moment instead of the past. He seemed fine, just collapsed on the couch. Shrugging to himself, he made his way upstairs and toward the room given to him, realizing he'd just left the door cracked, he shouldered it open as he reached up for the eye patch. As he pulled it off, placing it on a bedside table, he turned toward the bathroom door and made his way inside... stopping to take in his appearance. Cuts and bruises were along his face and arms, his clothes tattered and torn... And his eye, grayed and clouded over as the usual he'd come to accept. Sighing to himself, he lifted the shirt up and over his head, dropping it to the floor nearby, noticing how different his figure looked to the years prior. He was well toned, albeit still pale, and thin. There was still the massive scar along his chest from being stabbed by Blaster Dark... And then a much smaller scar at the lower part of his torso from the battle with a Reaper.

Hesitating for a moment to observe the scars, he turned his head away from them, choosing to not think to much on it as he removed the remaining clothes, dropping them with the shirt and turning on the hot and cold water in equal parts. When it was to his liking, he stepped in closing the sliding door behind him and rest his forehead against the wall... letting the water wash over him. He was tired, and the creeping thoughts of what his life would of been like had he not come here began to trickle in through the back of his mind. Shutting his eyes, he let out a deep sigh, letting the water run over him to try and drown out his thoughts.
Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:33 pm

The directive was clear as soon as she had regained her memories: Yukino was to be brought home by the Resistance, under the supervision of the Triad.

Darren had been given the privilege of taking the body, as the one most fit to carry her, but Satoshi and Haruka were not far behind. Satoshi had made the decision to move quickest, more for the sake of explaining to Father Espoir who the hell this kid was with his daughter.

For the first time, in a long time, he felt decisive. Of course, he was also still merged with Seph, his eyes still a split two colors. The gold had faded in favor of his hazel iris, but his spirit's green still maintained its presence in his other. That was because, if it wasn't for Seph keeping him going right now...he'd be flat out exhausted.

As he stepped forward to the living quarters he had become so familiar with back long ago, he noticed Darren, flopped on the couch. Poor kid. He did everything in his power to help someone he hardly knew as intimately. What a hero.

Satoshi seated himself in an armchair and passed a quick text to Mizumi:

Hey. We need you...I need you. Can you come to this address?

He pegged the address to the mansion, then sent it off. If there was anyone who could possibly help with conditions like this, it was most certainly her. Mind you, he'd have to clear it by Father Espoir first.

Man, he was not looking forward to the talk.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:55 pm

His eyes opened, his breathing changing from shallow to normal, skin felt a bit pruned. Had he fallen asleep standing up? Moving slightly, he felt his legs tremble a little, then the pain set in. They'd cramped up, which answered his question. Sighing, he switched the water off before stepping out grabbing a towel from the rack nearby. Expending the towel, he tossed it with the rest of the laundry that needed to be washed before grabbing a loose fitting white shirt and a pair of black military styled pants and boots, pulling them on before stretching just enough to feel the pull of his muscles. Everything hurt, like little pin pricks all over his body. Seems he exerted a bit more in the last fight, or it could of been the burst of energy putting more strain on his body. Either way, turning off the lights in his room, he finally shut the door behind him as he walked out, moving down the hall toward the entry way, forgetting the eye patch on the bedside table.

Before he made it all the way, he noticed Satoshi had shown up now. That was to be expected since there was a lot to talk about. Giving a small wave, the brunette moved to grab his phone, looking at the broken casing for a moment before pocketing it with a sigh. He'd have to get a new one while he was out. Out where? He didn't know, he just... left.
Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Darren had some time to rest. He was sleeping at this point, on the couch he had been left on. He was only barely aware of the things around him. There was movement around him back and forth but he hadn't actually been disturbed directly. With all that had happened, he needed the rest. His minor wounds from the battles already seemed to be healing. The seed within him assisted with that when it had energy to do so. He was probably going to need that coming soon.
NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Father Espoir kept his stoicism about him after Haruka and Satoshi left, not getting between the boys and their little scuffle of Haruka socking the latter one. He had the utmost faith in his son, and still couldn't help but be worried for his safety and his wife's barely glued together heart. He unintentionally stared into space, hearing reminiscent noises of the two little girls running around screaming and giggling over nothing, as the mother came in and stepped on a toy while barefoot. Loudly would she curse and swear in front of the kids, and then she'd break into a nervous sweat while giving a shaky explanation or excuse for what she just said without destroying their innocence. ... Nostalgia took over his mind for a long time, left with an empty feeling that neither of those tiny bundles of joy were home. He knew Yukino was more suited to lead humanity into a massive war for their lives, even more so than him for her generation. And yet... perhaps he should've made her stay home with all the business decisions he was making for the war, while he fought. ... It's too late to regret that decision or question the outcome anyway. So, with a depressed sigh, the lion continued traversing his hallway until seeing... "What-" The man questioned, seeing... a maid he had never seen before take a cyborg into Yukino's room. Was that Yukino?!

Father Espoir decided he would check on her a second, as she seemed unconscious. First, where were the other members of the Triad? He walked into the foyer to see... Satoshi and some blue haired boy in his house that was a stranger too. "What the hell?" Was his inquiry as to why these random people were in his house uninvited. Alright, whatever, he's going to snap someone's neck after this for their intrusions. His daughter was more important, and Mother Espoir's maternal instincts had her run into the snow queen's room and pushed the stranger maid out of her baby's room, demanding everyone stay away from her child, and slamming the door. "... Oh boy." The husband groaned, annoyed, and gained entry since he was the girl's dad.

[HELLO WORLD]

Nemesis' eyes flickered to life, a plethora of coding running across those yellow irises as all of her systems booted in a state of recovery. The android lifted herself up, only to see a bluenette sitting next to her bed, cheeks wet with streams of tears. ... Nemesis recognized her, "Mother?" the Chosen Sword of Void called to. Mother Espoir gave a cry of joy, hugging her returned kin, squeezing tightly. Though, the feeling was... odd, feeling a heavy layer of warmth. Not because there was a large amount of it, but because of the odd contrast from her cold body. Yukino knew she was a snowflake, but this was an abnormal sensation as far as she knew. Looking up, she saw her father staring down, rather... surprised.

"Y-Yukino...! Yuki... Yukinoooo..." Mother Espoir sobbed.

"This... is gonna be rough." Father Espoir stated without welcoming his daughter back.

"What is?" Nemesis questioned.

This was rather hard to break to her, since she didn't seem to know the difference. So... Father Espoir showed her a mirror, and it all came flooding back. The super weapon: "Nemesis" re-purposed by the Reapers to become an empty sword and the trump card of the Star-vaders... The absolute powerhouse she was in rending and tearing apart all adversity to the Death God... Her yellow eyes, her black body suit, her long, black boots... Her eyes grew wider and wider, as if her mind was shattering again. Surely... that was... a nightmare, yes? It didn't happen. Yukino continued trying to rationalize it as a dream until she unintentionally moved a detached blade. Even worse, she mentally called out for "Ahmes", only to hear "Ace" holler wildly. "Y-Yukino." Mother Espoir tried to calm her down, seeing the shock grow more and more until the utter horror of Yukino's body sunk in. The nightmare of everything she had done in Harbinger's - her sworn enemy's name was real.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

... She's not taking it well.

After a little while, Father Espoir stepped out of the room, sighing dejectedly while his wife tried to calm the changed queen down.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:17 pm

A mix of slams and screams awoke Darren from his sleep. He jumped up and looked around, suddenly remembering where he was. "Yuki's place... wait, is it still the Reverse?!" He wasn't all there, thinking the events up to now had been a bad dream. If only it were the case. He went to his deck and looked at the units. True Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser and Dimensional Robo Daibazooka were signs that everything was real.

He stood up as he wondered what was happening. Then his mind snapped into the situation. "That's right! Yuki!" he said as he was about to go to where her scream came from but that seemed... bad. Caution to the wind, he went anyway. He stopped when he saw a large older man in front of the doorway. "Guessing big sis Yuki is in there," he said to the mysterious man. He had no idea who he was talking to since the last person he spoke with was a maid.
NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top