Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espoir Mansion

+7
Dementuo
Rosalia Izanami
Rawkobo
Jello
BluishOver
Cipher
Best Girl
11 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Espoir Mansion - Page 13 Empty Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by Jello Mon May 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Haruka felt the atmosphere dampen further and further. Metaphorical downpour was cast over Haruka's head as the sound was become harder and harder to hear. The Father of the household finally escaped his own office and made his debut on the scene in the living room. He already felt guilty for bringing his sorry self to the Espoir house, somewhere he really had no business being now.

He raised his head, if out of respect alone for the man. His life was... theoretically ripped to shambles as it is. There was nothing Haruka could say or do to compare this tragedy and its not like it really meant a damn anyways. These people in this room and people across the world were grieving the losses of Jessie and Yukino today.

His heart hurt. He loved her so much that it hurt, and now it still does.

It hurt. Haruka's eyes widened if only... a small, microscopic level. His lips parted, letting fresh oxygen flow.

"It hurts." He whispered. Haruka stood up, the exhaustion having taken over his senses and being mostly controlled by the will to do what he had to for the rest of the night before giving his consciousness away to wherever he stood at the time of completion.

He raised his hand to his chest, where his heart was. It hurts. The numbness was fading and it was replaced by a thick coat of agony. Of pain. Haruka looked at his supposed Father-in-Law. He stared him in the eye like the one time he'd ever be able to.

"It hurts, doesn't it?"

His eyes slowly drifted to Rose and Seifer. Apparently Seifer had his own plans, wanting to get up and find who survived. Seifer wanted to believe Yukino was still around, yet his own body failed him. Haruka shared that wish as desperately as Seifer did, however. Haruka's own body began to spread with an aching sensation. A welcomed pain.

Haruka was only trembling because his body couldn't physically sustain anything else, but if was becoming clear he was starting to feel again and that was the closest thing to progress he had made.

The shrill sound of screams and Reaper's war cries' filled Haruka's head for a brief flash, but he immediately dismissed the thought. If he could gain control of his body for a brief moment, maybe they could at least find the smallest light of solace tonight before the pitch black revelation sets in. That it's all over.

Haruka doesn't want to believe it's all over.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon May 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Rosalia nearly jumped out of her skin when Seifer insisted on getting up again. Or, well, at least he attempted to. The pinkette sighed to herself, already having to put the male back on the couch once. Now she had to do it again? To make matters worse, Father Espoir walked in... This was a man she had not seen in a long time, and assumed that he would remember her. Hopefully... The guilt of being a future female Espoir sat like a dagger in her heart, lowering her gaze as she knelt by her fiancé's side.

"He was stabbed in the abdomen during the most recent battle against the Reapers... Though I could take care of the injury, he lost a lot of blood, so his body and immune system are currently weak," the medic explained, seeing as no one else was going to answer Father Espoir's question. Would he even listen to her? Perhaps. She felt like she didn't belong though, and so she was going to speak only when she saw necessary. It looked like she was the only one thinking rationally anyways. Haruka was lost in a sea of despair, and Seifer was weakened to the point he was trying to run with nothing to stand on.

So she wiped her eyes one last time, wincing slightly as it stung before helping the male up to his feet again. No, she wasn't going to help him out of the house. He was going right back to the couch. "Seifer needs to rest, as I'm sure most of us do. We lost the battle and now we have to prepare for what awaits us..." It was a loss, right? Sure, they defeated two Reapers, but when Legion, Harbinger, and Sovereign were still around, Hydra and Chimera seemed like nothing. They lost the area that Shop Handsome was in, as well as Jessie and Yukino... There was no victory this day, save for the one thought that perhaps... perhaps there would be a way to truly win this war. Yukino showed us that Harbinger isn't invincible... Now, we just have to figure out how we can do that ourselves...
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Father Espoir began making his way downstairs, approaching his son, eventual daughter-in-law, and... the boy he finally accepted before this catastrophic loss. Lovely, the last of his kin beyond his wife that wasn't even blood was heavily injured. What next, his wife goes too? Despite such a horrendous thought crossing mind, he did what he could to keep a stern expression. Seeing these brats in shambles... He coped by showing an unfaltering face, maybe to instill these kids with some faith again. If he didn't look like he gave up, maybe they'd be inspired. At least, Rosalia seemed to be, as the blow Yukino made gave her some light, even if a small one.

"For Christ's sake", the man groaned, annoyed with Seifer's denial while trying to force himself up and about while seriously wounded from the inside. "Boy, lay your ass down." Father Espoir hissed with concern, telling his son to sit the hell down and recover before he keels over.

That stoicism could only hold itself up for so long, as Haruka knew the obvious. The marine general asked: "It hurts, doesn't it?"

... Father Espoir gave a deep sigh, maintaining his composure as a challenge, but the sorrow in his voice that he let out embarrassed him. The very words he was going to speak would always remind the father that he couldn't hide it all, it would slip out, and it would only make it all worse.

"Now... I've lost both of them."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon May 02, 2016 6:17 pm

His adoptive father appeared, something he didn't want happening for a while, especially now... with the circumstances as they were but... Here it was. And being instructed to lay down, he did so... with Rosalia's help once more. His energy had all but left him at this point, and there was no use trying to struggle anymore. He accepted it once more, his own weakness... and submitted, Father Espoir's word being the law. He was always an obedient son, even adopted at such a late age, and it helped that he could tell his father wasn't in the greatest shape after losing Yukino, and Hana previously.

...The thought of it only pushed more of his failures back onto his shoulders, his breathing suddenly irregular, though in the face of the situation he quickly tried to bring it back under to control. A moderate success. When Haruka spoke, he felt a spike in his chest. It did indeed hurt but... What stung the most, was when Father Espoir spoke: "Now... I've lost both of them." it weighed even more on Seifer's own heart. He'd tried recently to bring Hana back, and failed... Almost dying for it...

"D-Dad..." Seifer spoke softly, watching the two men speak. He didn't know what he could say or do. In fact, nothing at all. Rosalia was right... He needed to recover. Otherwise he'd just end up dying on everyone again.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 02, 2016 6:46 pm

His legs moved like a child's, uncoordinated and resembling something of learning. Haruka was relearning a lot in the current moments. He walked forward, if only to reach the Father of the house, and look up to meet his gaze. Haruka had no pleas or sorrows or sins to confess. He had no baggage to give the man and ultimately Haruka really had nothing left for this man.

Just as this man had nothing left for him.

He looked to Seifer, who seemed equally as pained. Rosalia was showing that she at least retained what small glimmer of hope Yukino left for everybody. That Harbinger, as invincible as everyone thought she was, can be damaged. If only by some miracle fluke that may never strike again... they know it wasn't an illusion. The war can be won. Without Yukino, that statement is significantly less believable and even Haruka recognized that notion.

He understood that what glimmer of hope they had been given simply vanished into the night, and there was... well, no absolute way to get it back. If Yukino was the strongest, last hope the Resistance had in this war, what was there to say a chance of winning now?

Haruka's body began responding. His back straightened. His eyes opened.

"We both know there aren't words to fix this..."

He backed up an inch or two, looking back to Rosalia and Seifer. One was too injured to even feasibly move. The other was his crutch and couldn't afford to do a whole lot else right now, seeing the critical condition he was in.

He soaked in the misery that everyone right now was wallowing in. It was some sick, twisted source of courage that Haruka fed on if only for a moment to climb out of his own pit of despair. He blinked. The black goop that coated his vision began... lightly clearing, at best.

He had no real courage left in his body. He had no wisdom or intelligence or the faintest idea of where to go from here if he was going to be honest here. But there was a tugging feeling in his chest. The sound of Yukino's final moments, being evaporated by a Reaper, Harbinger no less, replayed at high speed in his memory over the course of seconds.

He wanted to be angry. He wanted to scream! Haruka wanted to wail and cry and sob and punch the walls and fight every last person on Earth if only to find Yukino sitting on that beach in Magallanica like they promised because that's the only future he could envision.

He just... wanted.

He turned to face out the window. No way he'd be able to speak while everyone was looking at him.

"Yukino and Hana Espoir are no longer with us. This is... an unmistakable fact."

He placed a hand on the glass, his breath fogging up the window pane.

"The war we are fighting right now is... bleak. It was so very bleak. And now it is pitch black, like a midnight sky without stars."

When did Haruka become a poet?

"Our stars are falling down, one by one at the hands of Reapers. I... don't know about you, but every moment longer they're gone... Jessie, Tsubasa, Hana, Yukino.. Realizing how much loss we've faced. It tears a little piece of me away."

His fingernail tapped the glass. He stared at his reflection.

"Our last star fell tonight. This war... a war we originally had no business being in. Yukino's War. She... felt grief for us fighting with her. These soldiers. They have families. They have lives. Just as we do."

He looked closer. Past the reflection, into a garden outside. Large white roses being rained upon.

"This is our war now. With... or without stars. I don't know who left will fight with us. Without Yukino... without a real commander to aid us, I can't say for certain our chances of success are even slim to nothing. Maybe this is futile and pointless and what we saw tonight was a once in a lifetime miracle but if..."

He stared quietly.

"Just maybe if..."

He placed a hand on the heart that hurt. It still hurt. But it was beating.

"Just maybe we can savor that falling, that shooting star, and bring about a miracle of our own. I'm talking out of my ass here, and it's all a wish I can't make come true on my own no matter how hard I think I can. But I can't... I can't imagine a future without her here."

He turned around to face the three in the room. His brother, his sister, his father, his friends, his guardians, and his comrades.

"If I can't have a future with her, then I want others to have a future for themselves... Whether there is hope or not, if the chance isn't 0%, then what do we have to lose? We're all going down anyways,"

His expression became that of innocent bravery.

"Right?"
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon May 02, 2016 7:07 pm

To see Seifer so weak... To see Haruka so lost... To hear Father Espoir sound so... was there a word for it?...

Just what was there for everyone now? They lost Hana, and now they lost Yukino. This war that was never theirs to begin with has fallen upon their shoulders, and what were they to do? Yukino managed a single blow on Harbinger through the use of Stride, and it cost the queen her life. She was gone for good... right?...

The pinkette pondered that thought for just a moment. Somehow, she had returned from Deletion, so was there a way to save Yukino too? She wasn't sure about the others... Hana had been gone for so long. Tsubasa was truly dead. Jessie was Deleted as well... Was there hope for at least some of their comrades to return?

That would be selfish though. Haruka was right; the soldiers that remained had families, and there was no way to get back those who had already given up their lives on the battlefield. But, the Aqua Force Commander had another point: if the chance isn't zero percent, then what did they have to lose? Their lives? They were already going to lose that if they couldn't stand up now against what was to come. Harbinger's game had yet to end.

"Right," Rosalia mused, a tiny smile forming on her lips as she met Haruka's gaze. It wasn't that she was happy. She was far from that, given their current situation, but wallowing in sadness forever just wasn't going to work. "We can't stop now... Sure, we have to recover, but once we do, we'll be twice as good as we were before..."

Another tear fell down her cheek though she didn't bother to wipe it away as she looked first to Seifer, then to Father Espoir. Her gaze shifted then to the window Haruka stood by. "Oneesama would be kicking our butts right now if she saw us this low... S-so... We have to pull through this all, or at least try..."

For a moment, she remembered the light she would always see ever since she returned...

"We have a future worth fighting for... If we're going to go down, we might as well bring as much down as we can with us..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Father Espoir breathed quietly, folding his arms as his would-be son-in-law seemed to be trying to find words and figuring out how to advance. Literally, the man watched Haruka look as if he was trying to learn how to walk again. He gazed down to him, and knew he was right immediately. Words aren't going to fix anything for anybody right now. So he watched Haruka turn, remembering his daughter talk about this thing with him back in their younger days. How he'd always look up or somewhere instead of directly to someone's face. Yukino and Hana are both gone. As much as no one wanted to believe it, that was just a fact. The future's looking bleak and once again the storm is set to rise. People are going to keep dying at this rate, in a war his daughter didn't even want others in. Unfolding his arms, he began walking over to his adopted son to check on him as Haruka spoke, reaching down with a hand, holding it over him.

Physically, he'll take some time to recover. Emotionally? Father Espoir wasn't sure if he'd be any better than anyone else right now. Just to show him some form of care, he set that hand on the boy's head, ruffling his hair. "I'm glad you're still here", he mouthed silently.

This was a war they're all going to fight in, and at the very least, he still had a member of his family, his wife on the way, and two others here. Rosalia and Haruka.

Father Espoir loved these damn kids and didn't want a future without them either. Yet, they could still have a future.

That's good enough.

He patted Rose on the head too, then approached Haruka.

"Don't gotta be stars anyway", the dad added, placing a firm grip on his shoulder. "Just be winners. Winners in however much you put yourselves into."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 pm

When the hand was placed on his head, he shut his eyes, feeling the ruffling. The brunette was probably almost as tall as Father Espoir at this point and while he was twenty-one years old himself he didn't care. The feeling that gave him was priceless... His own father never did that kind of thing, even when he was young... This was a new experience, and while he was still depressed about losing his older sister, he was happy at least. He wasn't sure exactly how his adoptive father actually felt about him at all but now? He just smiled, resting there on the couch with his fiance, listening to his brother and father speak.

"Haruka, whatever you do, I've got your back. ...Once I can get up off mine." he made a joke about his condition, but he meant it. He'd follow Haruka. That being said...

'Noel nee-chan did you make it out okay? I'm sorry I can't come see you in person, I've... Got an issue here. Please be okay.' the brunette wrote up a text to someone he needed to talk to and check up on himself, hitting send on it's way to his little sister.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 pm

Haruka nodded.

They didn't need to be stars. They just had to be the winners. That was it. Haruka's stomach still kept turning at the thought of his one reason for fighting suddenly vanishing, but even if he didn't have a reason to fight, he had no reason to stop either. This was his life now.

The voice of his injured brother reached his ears. He was... going to have his back. Haruka straightened up, a sort of stiffness overcoming his face. That bravery from a moment ago was taking its sweet time blossoming, but he felt it begin to flow through his numb veins. The warmth ran in his arms and fingers again.

His sister even said that Yukino would totally kick their butts if she were here right now and saw the way they were acting. No way would she let her actions be in vain. Haruka nodded, adjusting the collar of his uniform. He fixed the hem of his jacket and re-ordered himself. He was bedraggled and depressed, experiencing every mortifying emotion all at once. But even so...

Even with every single odd against them, Haruka felt that small glimmer of hope resurface. The thin slice that was Exculpate's glow.

Solace.

"Well, that settles it then... We're going to win. It's been decided."

Haruka turned around, wearing Yukino's commanding facade. A stoic expression, gritting his jaw with broad shoulders.

"We'll return to the slums with any and all forces we can rally... We must win. For every fallen star from our sky. For the sake of humanity. If not for ourselves, for any and every other person out there who can't fight for themselves..."

His heart ached tremendously just speaking. But he would do everything in his power not to waver in front of his loved ones. They gave him support and courage, and no matter how much he hated every moment of his life right now, he would finish the job that his lover left him.

He nodded to Mister Espoir.

"We will win."

This absurdly confident nature was unlike Haruka, and probably stemmed from the amount of vigor he wanted to stimulate in his depressed comrades. If he couldn't start with his own siblings-in-law, there was no way he would convince soldiers and thugs to fight behind him as well. It was a shot in the dark.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Mon May 02, 2016 9:23 pm

The pinkette shut her eyes when she felt a hand on her head. We don't have to be stars; just winners. That's right... Glancing up at her future father-in-law, it made her feel all the better about being part of the Espoirs. There would still be guilt for the fact that she couldn't do anything to help save Hana and Yukino, but she wouldn't stop at anything to continue pushing forward. Father Espoir believed in them. Seifer believed. Haruka believed.... so she would too.

Rosalia nodded to Haruka, offering a soft smile. The Aqua Force Commander was going to take charge, the King filling in during the Queen's absence. If they wanted a future, they couldn't just sit around and cry all day. They had to fight for what they wanted. "We'll stand by your side, Haruka-oniisan~" Yes, she started to give him a nickname, just as she had done with Yukino. Might as well since he was part of the family just as much as she was. "I-i might need some time to rest myself, bu-ut I'll do what I can when you need me." The female had made a promise to Yukino the day she discovered her affinity for healing: to not do anything stupid. Well, considering the war they were in, would anything be considered stupid? Probably. So instead, she made a new promise.

From this day forth, she would devote herself to mastering her art of healing, and do everything in her power to never let another loved one pass... At the thought, the light returned behind her eyes, a clearer vision of the angels that she has come to call allies and friends. However, a shock of pain ravaged her mind, both hands now holding her head. Instinctively, she also curled up into a ball by the couch, sitting on the floor again. The pain was probably a side effect from expending so much energy at once on the battlefield, though it didn't last for too long. Just made her feel overly exhausted again. "I-i'll be.. alright.. Just... tired..."

It looked like she would be out of commission just as Seifer was, at least for a short while. Perhaps after a nice long rest, a meal, and a much needed shower, the pinkette would feel a lot better. First things first: nap time. Rosalia glanced up at her brother-in-law, father-in-law, and finally her beloved. She smiled once, then shut her eyes as she laid her head next to his. The medic was out in two seconds flat.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 pm

"You brats get some rest. Seifer, if you try to move, I'll make you get some rest", Father Espoir spoke to his kids, even threatening that damn boy who inherited his sister's stubbornness. He can't be stubborn if he's knocked unconscious for his health, now can he? He was pleased to see Haruka taking up a mantle as best as he could. He may not be able to make it into the Espoir family tree by marriage, but in spirit, that boy was his own, because Yukino would've wanted it that way. His demand to rest was more toward Seifer and Rosalia.

"Haruka", the man spoke to the Marine General. "I'll be getting you some info and reports I'd normally get to Yukino if you're up for it. Soldier statuses, new equipment, all that. Don't worry about the details if you want to see it. Just skim the stuff." He offered to give him what he needed to hold up the Resistance if he's returning to the Slums soon. Father Espoir turned to leave all of them here to themselves, and then stopped.

"Oh, and tell that damn kid Neo to stop hiding in the training room for whatever reason."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon May 02, 2016 10:13 pm

The threat wasn't necessary, but he understood the worry. "Alright Dad. I won't leave the Mansion until I'm better. But once I am better, I'll be at Haruka's side, so I can't promise I won't be bed ridden again." a light joke again about his condition. He was trying to feel better but... Rosalia went to sleep at his side so that was some wonderful comfort, leaning his head against the pinkette's. He was more tired than he though, falling asleep just as quick as his fiance. Before he passed out though, he heard mention of... Neo was here?
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 02, 2016 10:45 pm

Haruka gave a light nod, feeling the exhaustion on his shoulders. The evening was folding to a close as Seifer himself took immediate rest precautions, after noting he would be taking Haruka's side as soon as he got better. Haruka gave a light smile, knowing every soldier at his side was a valuable and powerful asset. The Aqua Force couldn't win a whole war on their own. Every clan and every nation would need to be at his side in this...

"I'll take a look at the files as soon as possible, but first let me get the guys in the basement. They're goofbalss, but they're also filled with the vigor to fight and they're stubborn. Maybe persistent is the better word, but stubborn is more fitting... Haruto and Neo are strong allies, and Jellal with persistence even after his disappearance proves invaluable strength."

Haruka sang the praises of the idiots in the basement right now. Neo probably brought the injured or unconscious guys down there for safety's sake, and didn't want to bother the main staff or Father Espoir with any troubles. Probably better that way.

"I'll take care of them... Thank you again, Fathe---"

Haruka coughed into his fist, fixing his posture.

"Sir."

He started his way towards the basement, looking to get those beaten boys into good shape as quickly as possible.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 pm

You can do it.. Make us proud

Ah! -deep breathe- Oh.. only a dream.. Neo said

Neo had awoken and was still in the training room. It had appeared he passed out from being so tired. He notied Haruto and Jellal were still passed out as well. Neo stretched and put his deck away which was spread across the floor. He wasnt sure if he should go upstairs or just stay in the training room for the night until Haruto or Jellal woke up. So he just decided to stay put and watch over Haruto and Jellal while several thoughts went through his head.

What was that dream..
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 pm

Haruka traversed into the basement training facility with a few members of staff greeting Haruka along the way with a mug of coffee and a tray with drinks for the boys downstairs. They were going to be more than scarred at the event happening, a drink and some solace would be the best Haruka could muster for them.

Venturing into the cold training room, he threw the thermostat up a few degrees and pulled a large box from the corner of the room into the center where the boys were, noticing Neo had awoken before the rest.

"Evening, Neo... or maybe it's morning. It's late. Coffee? Tea?"

Haruka had cups of both with him, and a mug specifically for himself. Something to help calm the nerves of the soldiers around. He wore a calm but strong mask on his face. He would have to... tend to the heartache of others now. As if his own at the moment wasn't tearing his psychological health a new one right now, the others would have pleas of their own.

He wanted to help, but he didn't want to repeat upstairs again... He would listen, and explain the situation as best as he could. The future of the Resistance was hanging in the balance, the faster it could be rallied together, the faster the war could be fought at its prime for the Resistance.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie Mon May 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Beatrice had isolated herself once she had arrived at the mansion, to recover and mourn tearfully for those lost in the last battle. But it wasn't for long. She was a maid. Beatrice couldn't let herself break apart like this. She had to fulfill her duty. For Jelly, Jessie and the commander. Once she had enough energy, she worked on her duty on checking on the Resistance's condition, helping in any way she could as well as assisting in maintaining Yukino's place clean and organized, even going so far as cooking for the Resistance her self invented recipes. She had to be strong for everyone so she could serve them to the fullest. A maid had no time for their own personal emotions.
EternalDollie
EternalDollie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Mon May 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Oh Haruka your here? Neo said with surprise

Neo and Haruka hadnt really talked since Neo came back to the scene, but with Yukino gone he was sure Haruka wasnt in the best of moods.. no one was to be honest.

Uh ill take some coffee if you dont mind. These 2 are still passed out but should be waking up soon so a round of coffee would be nice. Neo said
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Tue May 03, 2016 12:16 am

The events of yesterday were a complete blurr to Haruto, after he charged at Chimera he felt a slight sense of exhaustion come over him as he was immediately put down by one of the Reapers in his weakened state. It was more than likely mental exhaustion rather than physical but it gave the Reapers an opening to knock him out for sure, thankfully Neo was there and brought him to the safety of the mansion.

Little did he know about the events that took place during that time...

"...W-where am I?" he asked, as he opened his eyes and began to get up.

"..Neo, I must have blacked out or gotten knocked out, did we win? where is everyone? where is Yukino?" he asked, he had so many questions on his mind considering the situation and where he was after properly waking up.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 12:29 am

Haruka sat there, carefully handing cups of tea and coffee to Haruto and Neo respectively. He grabbed his own mug, motioning for Haruto to keep it down. Neo too would need to stay quiet. Haruka's face suggested he was... tired. He was 9,000 other completely terrible emotions bound together in a bundle of shit.

But he sipped his coffee instead, placed the mug on the ground next to his little box, and stared at Neo and Haruto. His eyes were ice cold. As if the emotions flaring in the living room had been frozen over and kept locked away. He looked at each, sighing lightly and shaking his head.

"Before either of you freak out, listen to me and listen closely. Yukino Espoir was deleted by Harbinger as of the last 24 hours. Due to her absence, I've taken it upon myself to fulfill her position as the commanding officer of the Resistance. We'll be gathering at the slums for briefing soon. Take a moment to gather yourselves, if you haven't already. If you have any questions, ask them now..."

Haruka shut his eyes, not wanting to see the expressions on his comrades face just yet. He wanted to savor one last gulp of coffee before returning his stare to them. This was... not fun news for anybody. But it was concise and appropriate. There wasn't time for fun and games anymore. Only deciding this war swiftly, and cautiously. Haruka would need to contact the remaining sequence of the Triad soon as well...
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 am

Neo had heard Haruka talk about Yukinos deletion and heard that he was now the leader.

Yeah I.. saw what happened from a rooftop when it happened. Then short after I carried Haruto and Jellal here to safety because I didnt really know where else to bring them. I am sorry for what happened Haruka.. Neo said

Neo knew the pain that Haruka was going through.. losing a loved one close to you. He already had known the events that took place but.. he then shifted to Haruto and wasnt sure how he would react to this news..
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 am

Haruka's demeanor or condition definitely confused Haruto or rather made him feel worried..usually this kind of behavior was expressed when something bad happened.....He heard the news.....

"......................................You....can't be serious." was his first initial reaction as he lowered his head down towards the ground, a terrified stare filling his gaze.

"First Tsubasa now Yukino..." he said lightly...

The feeling of a shot of electricity arriving in one's self was definitely what Haruto felt when he heard Haruka say that, especially with how harsh or focused he was trying to be. Haruto knew Haruka..maybe not to the extent that everyone else did but he listened and he understood this person, eventually becoming a friend and like a brother to him. More than that...he knew because looking back up to Haruka he could see himself, just when he started trying to not show his emotions.

"....Haruka...I get it....I too tried to deny, I tried to ignore it and...I tried to act tough for his sake....even now I still can't accept nor can I contain the rage..the sadness....the pain that I feel with every passing moment of my life ever since that day...ever since that night....but I get it....I know you wish to live up to her legacy, you wish to make up for what is lost, you wish she was back, you wish to give us hope and the strength that she gave to us and to yourself...but trust me, it's not at all easy......" he said, as he now looked up to him, his eyes meeting his as he continued to cry.

"..Ever since that night...I lost myself...I slowly began to lose my ability to remain who I am...to remain the same person you met back then...but he kept me alive he kept helping me believe in a chance at a better life, a happier one with my family....yet it happened again...I lost him too and believe me I was ready to end myself right then and there.......but.......my new family would not let me...they took everything I have and are still taking, understanding me, standing by my side, listening, helping and..guiding, which is what Yukino has done to us all, she may not have had the intention, idea or plan that she might make us all grow the way we have..but she did...she filled the void in us with her blade and above all with who she was." he said softly, still in tears as he spoke.

Haruto was technically hiding some of his emotions about how he felt, he was crying and dying inside over the loss of Yukino, but he could not show it fully...he did not know how, he had been tormented too many times to know how to let go.

"Don't make the same mistake I did and am probably still doing, you still have your family in us....i'm not gonna lie after Tsubasa died the closest person I had to a brother was you...so let me help you, if I can help shoulder the pain you feel then let me, because trust me...the pain I feel suffocates me until this day, but I still manage to stay alive...because of everyone here...don't hide from us Haruka, we're the last individuals you should be hiding from." he said, moving up to him and giving him a light hug.

Haruto was in pieces at this point, he wanted to be shouldered himself but he also wanted to help and all this while a storm of emotions was happening inside of him, without him knowing how to properly release or show it.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 am

"How could...I have..." the words echoed out of his mouth while unconscious. Jellal was leaning against a wall, knocked out from his previous battle. His hair was messy, a rough mixture of both blonde and black pointing from all directions like branches. His face was scratched up, sweaty, and covered with dust spots. He could hear a few voices but was unable to fully understand what was going on. All he could think about was his defeat by Chimera and how he let them all down.

"Rrgh..." He regained consciousness, feeling nothing but pain all over his body: physically and emotionally. He slowly opened his eyes, unaware of where he was.

"Where am I? And how did I get...her- Agh?" A sharp jolted pain caused him to clench his arm as much as he can while he tried to stay awake for as long as he could.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 03, 2016 2:06 am

Haruka wasn't having it. He kicked a small mug of coffee to Jellal from it's base, so it slid smoothly over to the pained boy. Haruka as a person was so irreversibly in shambles right now, even the words of Haruto were only barely reaching past his mask and into his heart.

But he refused.

"Haruto... I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you that everything is alright and that we can fix it, but there are some things that cannot be fixed once they've been broken."

What was Haruka getting at? A heart? A dream?

"... I want to tell all three of you something, so let me make myself perfectly clear."

Haruka stood up, kicking the box half-out of anger, half to clear the way back up the stairs for his exit. He stared into the souls of each of the three soldiers here. Not to bring pain, but to make them understand the pain of the situation he is going through right now. His eyes were filled with the fears and guilt and terror of losing the one person you love most. That emotion, was unnamed.

A blend, the imperfect concoction of every good thing in your life disappearing right before you.

"Haruto, Neo... Jellal. My future has been taken from me, forcibly. I'm never going to see the shores of Magallanica with Yukino Espoir, and I'm never going to understand why. I'm not going to get an answer. The Reapers aren't that kind, I'm sure you all know..."

He turned around, approaching the steel staircase back to the main floor.

"When you've all settled... find me at Umano. I'll be gathering everyone via Reality Bangle."

Before he made it up the stairs, he turned to three once more. His face perfectly calmed and stoic. As if he was made for this job. Like he inherited it from someone...

"If my future is gone... the least I can do is forge a future for somebody else. If at least one person on Earth makes it to a world where Reapers are absent from their life, for good..."

Haruka bit his lip lightly. He didn't finish that statement. He simply clasped his hand to the cold steel arm rail, and re-ascended to the Espoir Mansion, making a brief stop to say thank you to the staff, and exiting promptly to Umano.

No time to waste.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 2:16 am

Neo took Haruka's words to heart. He knew Haruka was masking his emotions. He was willing to not only lead everyone in the war with Yukino gone, but help shape the future of others. Neo could see Haruka as a leader already.

You got it Captain. We will be there when needed!

Neo knew Haruto and Jellal werent in the best of shapes..

So.. you guys wanna head over to the Slums now to get some rest or you have other places to go too? Neo asked Haruto and Jellal

NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Tue May 03, 2016 2:29 am

Haruka chose to continue hiding, which was only fair, such a time was hard for someone to find acceptance or give out emotion...if anything just knowing that soon the chance will come gave Haruto some hope.....but it did not change Yukino's death nor did it change his sorrow.

".....I.....I don't-" the boy immediately collapsed to the ground unconscious.

The damage to his body might be gradually healing...but the damage to his spirit was beginning to become too much for him to handle...hopefully some rest will do.
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next