Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espoir Mansion

+7
Dementuo
Rosalia Izanami
Rawkobo
Jello
BluishOver
Cipher
Best Girl
11 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Espoir Mansion - Page 7 Empty Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by Jello Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:16 pm

This was just... awkward on so many different levels. Haruka simply picked up the pot, after putting on mittens to keep his hands from burning at the metal rim.

"So, uh, ready to eat everyone? Oh, Karin, hey! We're just about to eat. You're welcome to eat too, you know? Just as long as you don't intend to stay the night as well..."

Father Espoir might merk someone.

Satoshi's spit take would have completely ruined the cloth for the dinner table if it wasn't already a dark brown color to begin with. Maybe coffee spills, or spit takes, were common enough to warrant the color they chose. No use thinking about it now.

"Yes, Seifer, erm... Proposed last night at the jewelry store. There are better ways of asking for marriage than that but, in his defense I sort of accidentally pressured the guy."

Haruka shrugged, releasing a small chuckle as he went to collect bowls for the meal.

"Hmm, Karin, could you come in the kitchen for a moment? I need assistance passing out utensils and the like, help me out here, sis?"

Sis. That's... not exactly what she is by blood terms, but close enough on the friendship scale. She's probably been the closest thing to a relative Haruka has had by those means, besides maybe Haruto who literally snuck in through a damn facility window to visit Haruka while he was imprisoned. Best. Brother. Ever.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Rosalia managed to officially get herself lost in the mansion, at least for a good bit. But she tried not to panic; singing to herself helped some while she traversed the halls, though she was praying to any and every god above that she didn't run into Father Espoir. That was one scary, and veeeeery tall man. Eventually she started to smell food, figuring that was the kitchen, and nearby kitchens are usually a dining hall of some sort? Probably the best area to look for her companions.

Following her nose, and eventually the sound of others talking, it didn't take the female long to find where the others were at. Namely, Seifer. Come to think of it, Satoshi probably last saw Rosalia with her usual red hair, but ever since she arrived back from the rift, her hair was a pretty brunette color. It was still taking some getting used to...

Great time to interrupt the conversation though! On her finger was in fact an engagement ring: a sparkly purple sapphire set in white gold. The female trotted right on over to her fiancé's side, placing a light kiss on his cheek. "Found you~ I didn't see you in the room when I woke up, but I think I got a bit lost on my way down here..." she admitted, scratching the back of her head with an embarrassed grin. But she relaxed soon enough, turning her gaze to Satoshi. "H-hello Satoshi. B-been a while huh... How've you been?" Rosalia asked casually, not having noticed anything unusual because, well, she was currently clinging to Seifer. Again. Plus, she was tilting her head at the other girl, having never met Karin before.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:27 pm

There she was, the light of his life. Seifer smiled as the brunette walked in, returning the kiss on the cheek to her forehead before taking another drink of his coffee. "You're finally awake. Sorry, I really needed my morning coffee. I would of woken you, but yeah. You just looked so peaceful. ...You're here safe though, so I don't think getting lost mattered much. Seems the tour worked out in the end." he gave a smile before looking up at Karin. "This is Rosalia, my fiance. Rose, this is Karin. A friend." he took another drink of his coffee, finishing off the last bit before setting the empty mug behind him. He was about to move away from the counter before noticing the... is that a firearm? "Satoshi, uh... Bud... Why do you have that?" he asked, staring directly at the weapon, drawing attention to it. Oh boy.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Sis. Haruka thought of Karin as a sister. That made Karin quite happy. And truth be told, Karin felt a similar bond of adoptive family towards Haruka, and it was a good feeling to know it was shared between them. She was about to respond to Haruka too, and happily agree to go help him, but then Seifer pointed out something that the other person had. Karin turned to look at what had been so strange, and then she saw it. What looked like a gun attached to the man's leg.

In a blur of black and blue, Karin was suddenly right in front of Satoshi, a hand slapped down on the gun to hold it in place.

"Yes, please tell me, why do you have this?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Well, initially, it went unnoticed, but just as he thought he would be fine after wiping up the spill, all of a sudden there was a hand pinning the gun to his leg, making sure he couldn't grab it, from this girl supposedly called Karin.

What to say...he could easily find a number of ways to lie about it, but none of them were satisfactory, let alone quelled his overwhelming need to slap himself for considering fibbing to people again. He may as well prove he wasn't a threat, and that the gun was---

Actually, that was a thought. He gave a slight half-smile. "It's part of my job and part of why I'm here. And if you think that's a bit too cryptic..." He nodded to Karin's hand. "Try takin' a shot with it, darlin', and maybe you'll see what I mean."
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Well, this was the second sleazy asshole she had to deal with today. It wasn't exactly new to her, but it didn't do anything good for her mood. She had been so happy just a few moments ago, and now this guy was sassing her, a gun strapped to his leg, and wasn't even providing a decent answer as to why he had it. Karin pondered her options for a bit. She could dropkick him. Dropkicks were good, after all, and usually worked for getting better results. At least, that was so in Karin's experience.

Nah. It just wasn't worth it.

Grabbing the gun out of the holster and flipping it around, she stepped back from the man and held the gun behind her, far out of the man's reach. "Since you're welcome inside the manor, you obviously have a reason to be here, or at the very least there's no reason for you to not be here. That much I can tell. But-" Karin looked at the gun in her hand momentarily, before looking back at the man. "I'm not completely trusting a complete stranger with something like this. At least not in this house." She tucked the gun into one of her pockets, making sure the trigger was in no danger of being accidentally pulled. "Until there's a good enough reason for you to have this, I'll be hanging onto it. Otherwise, you can have it back when you leave. Understood?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Rosalia blinked twice before realizing what the heck they were talking about. She jumped from how fast Karin had moved, and was half hiding behind Seifer by this point, obviously worried about what was going to happen next. "P-please don't fight, especially not in the mansion... We're supposed to be friends, right?..." she asked quietly, being the pacifist of the group apparently. Eh, she just mostly hated guns.

But, as Rosalia continued to hide behind the blonde, clinging to the back of his shirt, it was a lot like when they were at the park the other day. She started shaking, pressing her forehead against his back, a killer pain shooting through her skull. It was more than just being scared, but it wasn't quite like a panic attack either. Whatever it was, she wasn't letting go of Seifer any time soon.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:04 pm

"Hun..." when Rosalia started panicking, the male turned around to hold her against his front, rocking slowly. How did this all go so wrong so fast? Caressing the back of the brunette's head, Seifer glanced over his shoulder at the group before gently taking her hand and leading her out. "I'll trust you to handle this however you want Karin. Just try not to kill him yeah? I'm sure there's a good reason for him having the gun." with that, he led Rosalia outside, to get some fresh air... away from the tension.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:06 pm

This whole ordeal got out of hand fast. Guns. Karin stealing stuff from said gun-owner. Haruka breathed in, shaking a bit. Not out of fear, but rather anger. Food was ready and people were being hooligans in the house he tried so hard to keep straight and clean and make food for people-

"Everyone."

Haruka stood there, staring out the window, holding a spatula under hot water.

"Please. Sit down and get ready to eat. I'll only ask once. If you refuse to cooperate, I'll have to ask you to leave the dining area." He spoke, dignified yet properly.

However.

He was seething with an unknown rage. Perhaps because he didn't want the work he put into making others happy, go to such a simple waste because people couldn't act civilized and deal with a manner properly. The gun was one thing, but a lot of this only felt like foolishness or unnecessary conflict.

Haruka was angry. He was really angry. And he was ready to start bonking people with a hot, metal spatula. Run or sit, your choice.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Nope, not happening.

Satoshi grabbed Karin's arm before she could pocket the gun. "I can't let you do that." It was almost too much of a reaction, like he was actually going to do something with it. He sighed again. No choice but to actually explain this time.

"...Like I said, this is part of the reason I came here. I needed to talk to our resident blacksmith---" he jerked his head in the direction of the hallway where Yugure may or may not have actually been "---about Cray-associated weaponry. The past three months I've been...having to deal with coming into possession of this."

He showed her his mark. "This is the only hand, on any account, that can use that gun, and it's only when I will it to. I have no reason, whatsoever, to harm anyone here, and as the designated Peacekeeper for Cray, it'd be more in my place to protect all of you with it." He swallowed. "So I can't let you have it like that. For one, that's not very smart gun safety at all. For another...it's basically a precious artifact to me that I can't see in the hands of someone else, even if it's harmless within them."

That was, as far as he was concerned, just about the whole truth. There were some things to clarify, like the significance of the mark, but everything else was the case. Sure, it may sound a bit farfetched, but that was the catch; it's just crazy enough to make sense.

Haruka's anger made him a bit more nervous, but he really needed the gun on his leg at all times.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Karin blinked. That certainly wasn't a reaction she had been expecting, not at all. She jerked her arm away from him, having relinquished the gun, and stepped back again. Folding her arms, she shook her head. "Alright, alright. If it's about something so important, I'll let it go. Though I'll still keep my eye on you until I know for sure you're totally trustworthy."

Turning back to Haruka, Karin bowed her head now, her arms snapping to her sides. "...Sorry about that, Haruka. I didn't mean to get so heated so quickly. I think we're, at least for now, all cleared up though."
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Rosalia didn't argue with being led outside. She went with Seifer quietly, only to wrap her arms around his torso once away from the group. Her eyes were shut tightly, taking deep breaths to try and calm her nerves. "S-s-sorry..." she apologized quietly, feeling a bit bad about how she reacted already. But she couldn't help it! Actually, the brunette herself wasn't sure as to why she panicked so quickly. Perhaps it was some lingering affect the rift had on her? Maybe she just hasn't quite recovered from all that had happened yet. "I-i'm sorry..." she repeated, resting her head against his chest.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 pm

"Hey, don't worry about it... Just take your time and get back used to everything okay? We'll take it all slowly." he spoke softly, stroking the brunette's hair. She certainly was far more skittish than before but... It could be fixed in time. Smiling, the blonde kissed his fiance's forehead gently, humming softly to her for a few moments before just hugging her tightly. He'd have to apologize to Haruka for all of this, as had he not said anything... Maybe none of this would of happened. After a few moments had passed with them being outside, Seifer kissed the top of Rosalia's head again before holding her away from him just a bit.

"Let's go back inside. Haruka made some food, so let's go eat. Alright? And be sure to thank him. Pretty sure he's been slaving over it for a while." he gave her a soft smile, gently pulling her along behind him... Just far enough away that if something happened, she could hide off some where, or he would just double back and spirit her away again. Walking back inside, Seifer could feel the tension in the air. Looking at Haruka apologetically, he frowned. "Sorry about that... It was my fault, I shouldn't of said anything. ...Thanks for making food for everyone."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Rosalia only nodded slowly, taking a few moments to relax and just breathe. Fresh air seemed to do the trick, though she was a little bit nervous still when they were heading back inside. The lingering tension in the air didn't help, but she did her best not to freak out again. She squeezed Seifer's hand some as they took a seat, hoping Haruka wasn't too mad at everyone in the room. "I-it smells good, Haruka~" the brunette said out of the blue, trying to move the conversation into a positive direction. Of course, her mouth started to feel dry, but she didn't want to be a bother as per usual and ask Haruka for something, so she glanced at Seifer instead. "W-where are the cups, o-or something? I-i don't really like coffee... I was just gonna get some water..."
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:54 pm

"Just... Sit." Haruka picked up the pot, whipping the bangs of his hair out of his face and moved the pot over the sink for a moment before placing it in the center of the table.

He brought the bowls and utensils too.

"Okay... Now that everyone is less rowdy, please, fill yourselves up. If anyone needs me, you know where to find me."

Haruka rapidly placed spoons, forks and knives at everyone's sitting spot. He then ran into the kitchen once more, bringing out a set of large ceramic plates and a large silver platter, covered by a silver casing. Upon placing it on the table and revealing its contents, it was found to be turkey.

A large, delicious, tender turkey.

"Right. Know where to find me. And Rose, the cups are in the back. I'll bring some out in just a moment."

He exited a few feet to the left, entering the kitchen. He placed a hand on his face, shaking his head.

"Ungrateful sometimes..."

"Cheer up, captain. I'm sure Kitchen Sailor would love your cooking! You have to try his special Friday Curry!"

"...Haha.... hahahaha...!" Haruka started laughing at Savas' comment, enjoying the company of his own units. They made him laugh and smile more than Overlord did, and they weren't as cryptic as Revonn. True avatars to the end.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:56 pm

"It's fine."

Satoshi had already sat down, once again lost in thought, drinking coffee. Did he really look that suspicious? Sure, he should've contacted someone about his new...was it an asset or a burden?...ahead of time. But it was also his property, as far as he was concerned. He was a tad bit frustrated now, because it was as if now, simply because of one slight thing, he almost felt unwelcome in this house. None of these people really belonged here in the first place. Not that he did, either.

The person that did belong here didn't even seem to be around at this point. She had been talking to Karin when he came in, and was nowhere to be seen since. Probably for the better. There were far too many non-servants in this house since the past.

His lack of emotional control through tiredness was showing through the coffee. His marked hand started to clench a bit. His visit was starting to be all the more purposeless.
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Seifer glanced at the ground and sighed shaking his head before taking some of the food and eating slowly. Things seemed to just continually get stressful. And some people probably wondered why he acted depressed, or stressed out. Finishing the food he'd taken fro himself... Which was prepared masterfully, good job Haruka... Seifer placed the empty bowl down and turned on his heel walking out. He needed to go somewhere himself... Needed to get a breath of fresh air. "Thank you Haruka. It was great. I'm looking forward to you cooking more often." he called back to Haruka, who may or may not of heard him. But nonetheless, the male left. He looked... Sad, and irritated. Bothered. He just needed to go... somewhere.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm

He heard Seifer's comment on the food. That was at least enough to crack a small grin on his face, as he slid up from the wall. He stared out the window of the kitchen, listening to the silence of outside. It was strange, normally there would be more going on.

Where is Yukino? He yelled for her to come get dinner, didn't he? He flipped open his cell phone, letting it take a few moments to turn on after he shut it off earlier in the evening. He was going to give her a piece of his mind-

One message from Yukinoms<3

"C-Captain that's-"

Attention, soldier.

Savas saluted.

"Every able body at Kizoku? Ehh... That can't be good. What do you make of it guys?"

"Maybe we finally get to strut our stuff, huh?"

"For the formation!"

Haruka sighed, walking out into the dining area with his phone in hand looking at the remaining guests. Seifer departed, apparently.

"Alright guys. Check your phones. No use sitting around waiting for the late call, we gotta get to Kizoku ASAP."

Haruka was already buttoning up his coat and taking off his apron at the same time. He had his deck in the coat pocket as usual.

"No time to waste."
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:30 pm

Satoshi's phone buzzed. Looking over it, it was a message from Yugure calling anyone who was able to fight to Kizoku for some reason. Likely something serious. He went to get up, but a word settled in his head.

"Able."

Was he actually able? He'd been up all night, and even this coffee wouldn't hold him up that long. Perhaps it was actually better for the Peacekeeper to let someone contact him if the situation got serious. In which case...

He called over to Haruka as he was leaving. "Oy. I'm assuming you got this too. If you're going over there, do me a favor. I have a feeling you guys'll actually be fine, but in case they're not fine...you have my number." He scratched his head a bit. "There's something I've been meaning to try, but I need to build up some energy first. So...yeah." He shrugged and gave a smile that would likely remind Haruka of his own sheepish grin. "Good luck, I guess?"
Rawkobo
Rawkobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Karin was about to sit down at Haruka's request, but then...

"Everyone with an able body to fight, I need you at Kizoku!"

That was the text she received from Hikari herself. This hadn't happened since the Link Joker invasion. Something big must be going down. Karin immediately rushed for the door, only speaking a few words of "Trouble's going down, gotta run!" before zooming off, out of the manor and off to Kizoku.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Rosalia felt a warmth of embarrassment bloom in her cheeks, realizing Haruka overheard her. What? It was clear that he has done a lot already for them, so she didn't want to put any more work on his hands. But, she had to admit that the food was delicious! It was probably the best she's had in quite some time, smiling as she cleaned her bowl quickly, before getting a quick drink. Sadly, she noticed Seifer take his leave, a frown appearing on her lips with a silent sigh. She gave a quick wave to Satoshi, then a slight dip of her head to Haruka. "T-thank you very much for the food, Haruka!~ I-i'm gonna go see what Seifer is up to..." And with that, she was out the door almost as quickly as her fiance. She wasn't about to let him out of her sight for an instant, though she did try to fast-walk through the mansion, rather than running.
Rosalia Izanami
Rosalia Izanami

Back to top Go down

Post by BluishOver Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Standing in the middle of a training room within the mansion was a young boy surrounded by the room's darkness, one would say he was meditating but he was merely staring at his cards. He was wearing a black jacket and blue jeans, deck in hand sitting on the floor he continued to look through his cards.

He could hear the sounds of people coming from the upper levels and from some areas within the mansion, but he chose to simply ignore them, he found a soothing calmness come over him as he stared at his Percival and Aglovale pairs.

After a while a message arrived on his phone, since not many have his number he had to assume it was urgent, it was from Yukino.

".....This is dangerous....but they would not back down from it." he said, tucking his phone and deck into their seperate pockets and began to make his way out of the mansion, without allowing anyone to see him. "Guess training is not gonna happen today, such a shame."
BluishOver
BluishOver

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:23 pm

The stressed out and exhausted Hikari returned home, immediately to nagging about getting some rest. Servants of Espoir were pushed aside, there was no time to sleep. If humanity doesn't locate Chronos before the next Reaper attack, they're dead anyway. She'll sleep then. Heavy breathing, shaky hissing, little puffs of steam coming from the mouth... Yukino found herself looking at her father in the hallway. His expression was stern and stoic, as usual, the kind of poker face the commander of humanity dreamed of being able to keep. One that was cool and collected all the time, calculating, taking everything into account over some coffee. The general here was visibly irritated and at a boiling point. An enemy could read her like an open book now, and that was one of the most awful possible things that could happen.

"Good timing," Father Espoir began. "I wanted you to try something for me. Don't worry, it's not relaxing or anything, it's about your powers."

The snow queen looked at him with half-shut eyes, clearly annoyed. It wasn't his fault, and in fact, she enjoyed the thought of more work. It was the possible failure that aggravated the mind - another one to add to the pile. "Alright", was spoken, accepting the task. The white jacket was taken away by employees, along with her boots to get her in a more comfortable state. Her head felt heavy, her whole body did. It was kind of a numb feeling, like she was sick. She probably is sick, but would probably deflect requests to get a check-up with the usual "waste of time" argument.

Father Espoir had enough of it, honestly. His daughter was at her breaking point, and he decided to finally do what he could to push her over the edge. For her to finally find some release.

They stood in the workshop - Hikari's workshop now. A simple teacup was placed down.

"Try duplicating this."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

Yukino grinned, as this was something she couldn't possibly screw up. A magical craftswoman who could recreate the strongest armaments like Blaster Blade or the Armor of the Genuine King would find this to be child's play. Cracking her knuckles, her Legion-blade pupils activated, a glowing blueprint of the object's structure appearing in the air. Hikari began tracing it with her finger... or would have. There was... some difficulty she couldn't describe. It felt like gravity pushing away at her fingertip, the entire foundation of the mere cup could barely be pieced together. Lifting up a second hand, the Meister tried to create it using both hands, yet the gravity grew stronger. "Aaaargh!" She growled, gritting her teeth as the strain became heavier. Finally, the cup was replicated, its new twin sitting upon the table.

Seconds later the replica fell apart into pieces.

"What... the hell?!" The Meister screamed, perplexed by the inability to make a single cup. She tried again, failed. Again, broke. Again, shattered.

"So you really can't make anything beyond weapons and armor. That's all I needed to check", Father Espoir spoke, turning his back, putting a hand in pocket.

"Why the hell can't I make a simple cup?!"

"It was a miracle you made that boy a watch awhile back. Your power is still too weak, it isn't decisive yet."

"Even this odd power I was born with can't help stop the indestructible Reapers?!"

"If all you can do is make swords, but can't make a teacup, I'd wager there's a problem. So probably."

She could duplicate the Armor of the Genuine King, and it still isn't enough?! She can't make household objects, and that means her power isn't strong enough?! Alone, this issue wouldn't really affect her. But what she needed was yet another failure piled on by her father of all people. The cruelty of fatherhood wasn't without regret, of course, but he was better at holding it in. He was better at getting over something and fixing it. The queen was still young and ignorant, stupid and reckless. Now was the high of her life where she could and was expected to screw up.

And she has to learn how to swallow it, but not drown in it.

Hikari stood quietly, staring at the broken remnants of the mishaps. Her mind slipped further into depression, visualizing them all as multiple failures throughout her short lifespan. Hearing taunting and whining voices, her fist immediately crashed down to break the pieces of cups into even smaller fragments. The hand was now bleeding with shards impaled into it. Yet, the pain of it wasn't acknowledged. Everything still felt numb and heavy. Yukino gripped her head, hearing disappointed and pleading tones. Why didn't she save them? Please save them. You're the hero, save us. Do something. Whatever you do is supposed to work, so why isn't it?

Walking out of the room, she began... looking for her bedroom. Where was it, again? Always, always it felt like ages since she was last here, and she never remembered where her own room was. Workshop was bed. Don't ask an employee, they'll just pester with worry. Don't ask anyone, they'll just pester with worry. Don't show weakness, it drops morale. Don't cry, the adversary finds your Achilles Heel that way and holds it over you. These rules of a soldier were recited in mind, don't be human, basically. Yet, the feeling of being human was amazing. It gave you personal drive - motive. The sorrow and anguish you feel makes you want to strike back, to take back what's yours, to scream and shout in triumph afterward. ... The sorrow and anguish part was just too great to pass over, unfortunately.

If she's a sword, she doesn't have to feel, but won't go past limits because of the power of emotions.

If she's human, the endless rain of failures, along with the possibility of making things even worse with feelings by dropping morale or showing a weak-point destroy her.

"Geez, Yukinee."

Yukino's eyes shot open, staring forward at an illusion. A snarky, irritated presence that was tired of the Chosen Sword specifically. She had been for a long time, and watching her ever since the civil war ended has been one stupid problem after another.

"I told you working to fix your screw ups is good. But you just keep screwing up, and one person can only mess up so many times before it all goes to hell because of them."

"Useless Yukinee, and I'm always in the shadow of a failure. As an idol, I wanted to make people happy - even you. How do you think I feel when I can't do that, and my role model can't help me out of it, the one who fights for people to be happy?"

Hikari slammed her fist into the wall, causing the illusion to disperse. Breathing heavily and sweating, the girl looked at what she hit. It wasn't a wall - it was a door. Was this her bedroom? Resolve weakening, she opened it... and it wasn't her room. It... was Hana's bedroom. The abode of the young princess, clean and tidy just as she left it, furnished with pink carpeting and paint, posters of other songstresses and vanguard related images. And a picture of herself with her big sister just to rub salt in the wound. A big sister who was set to be a hero, a hero who would fall apart the first time she fell. A hero who resulted in the loss of Bermuda Triangle because she was a fool, and then spit on the sacrifice by converting to Shadow Paladin.

A hero who lost hope after seeing acceptance of failure meant nothing, as it resulted in losing Royal and Shadow anyway. A hero who wouldn't find the heart to master new allies, a hero who felt like she was drowning forever because she couldn't succeed - she couldn't win. The misery of a loser - a sore loser even. One loser who couldn't achieve some stupid destiny, and caused other people to suffer due to her shortcomings afterward as a regular human being. A pile of trash who nearly killed herself over it all.

And it didn't stop getting worse.

Running away only resulted in having a timeline mangled apart by an unknown enemy. Courageously coming back did little. Her boyfriend was gripped tightly by the devil's maw, her sister had been taken by the Void willingly, and then the Rift unwillingly. Her friends became infected, they stumbled about looking for their own answers while she stood and made hollow promises. They found what they were looking for, she only found success in bleeding out and attempting to sacrifice the self.

How cathartic it felt to murder the mirror of herself. They made up in misery, and wanted to kill the other out of jealousy and disgust.

Now, here they are, the invincible enemy she came back to try and stop.

And they're... invincible.

There is no miracle to be had.

"We will make a way", Yugure Espoir would preach. A lie, it was. There was no way to make, they didn't have the power. They never would. They genuinely never can have it, anymore. Transcendence is gone forever. Yunos is practically out of reach, Ezel is in the hands of evil that she helped create, Ahmes is destined to fall into the hands of the enemy. Hikari is supposed to be one who figured out a way around all of this - she always promised there was a way. She promised people like Darren they'd be safe, she promised people like Haruka she'd protect them and always drag them back home. She said she'd be the sister Hana always wanted.

Exculpate the Broken closed the door, torturing herself by remaining inside the princess' chambers. She slumped, leaning back on the door, and sliding down. A distant, lost gaze was given to the floor. Humanity's path to victory was a black blotch in her line of sight. Even if... even if she couldn't be happy ever, that was okay. That... was not okay. It wouldn't be okay, but it would be okay. It'll be okay... if everyone else is. If everyone else is alive, safe, and happy. The Chosen Sword traveled through time to that end - to see everyone's lasting smiles. ... And now, she was faced the reality that maybe she just can't do it.

More like definitely.

Those greyed out Royal Paladins were proof she couldn't do it. "Not yet", she wanted to believe. "Not yet", she had to believe. Even if she didn't really, everyone else might. Everyone else could. Everyone else does. They believe they can fight an impossible enemy. She despaired because the impossible enemy won once before already.

Stop rationalizing.

Just stop thinking.

Just cry.

There's no one here to see you.

Finally, Yukino hugged her knees, burying their face in them, and began sobbing. Sobbing turned into wailing in only a few short moments. Tears streamed down like waterfalls, tears that had been held back for two long years, and continued to build even when a few were let out. She's just a scared girl who's down on her luck in a card game, she's horrified by the Reapers, she was terrified of Star-vaders. Scared of losing again, scared of losing everything again. Scared of Hana being upset again, scared of Haruka being separated from her again, is still scared of losing Ahmes, scared of what she'll mess up next. At the very least, if she would have to hold her head up the next day, wearing the same mask as always, it won't hurt as much.

It won't hurt as much because the sickening gravity of waterworks held back finally burst forth.

Hikari trembled and sniffled, listening to the voices just this once. Giving them full mind as to let everything out now. Her teeth were clenched tight, and she was practically clinging to her own legs. The woman was curled up into a ball, and fell over to the side, lying down while crying.

--------------------------------------------

Father Espoir left a number of water bottles in front of the door, and departed from the hall.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 pm

The blonde, crimson eyed male made his way back to the mansion... the ripped tail of his jacket trailing behind him. Moving his way inside the mansion, he gave a slight sigh. Was he really about to go through with this? Chances are he'd make enemies of the people he cared about, and was doing this for? That and... He had to convince his adoptive father that he was right. That this was the correct thing to do. ...He'd already come this far, no need to try and turn back now. "Take me to Father." he addressed one of the staff, who was taken aback by his sudden appearance, seemingly out of no where, though obliged... Leading the blonde to wherever Father Espoir currently was... Then leaving after a look from Seifer. After they left, the blonde just stared at Father Espoir, waiting to have his mere existence be acknowledged.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Father Espoir didn't appreciate any kids in his study, that even included Yukino and Hana. Only reason Yukino got in here more often was because she started taking after him more than their mother. So seeing Seifer be brought in because they need to talk wasn't exactly the highlight of his day. Then again, it might be the fact that his daughter is busy crying her eyes out.

"What is it?" The lion spoke up, not looking away from his book, addressing his adoptive son.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next