Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espoir Mansion

+7
Dementuo
Rosalia Izanami
Rawkobo
Jello
BluishOver
Cipher
Best Girl
11 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Espoir Mansion Empty Espoir Mansion

Post by Best Girl Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Espoir Mansion YK7qYfG
An unnecessarily large and incredibly extravagant mansion.

Field Status
The residence of the "Espoir" family.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Espoir Mansion Empty Re: Espoir Mansion

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:45 pm

It had felt like years since Yugure was last home. The Espoir Manor seemed pretty busy, interestingly enough. It was likely that, while she used the Training Facility for Headquarters, Father Espoir used this place for a personal base of operations. Going inside, the servants seemed deathly worried and concerned for their mistress. This was odd. She doesn't get a lot of sleep or watch her health as much as she should, yes. However, that was nothing to cause such... horrified glances. They look as if the commander was a ghost - like she was a dead woman walking. Ugh, there was no time to deal with everyone being secretive with their background whispers.

"Where is father?" The soldier inquired. Employees stated that Mr. Espoir was in Hana's room. Before heading to see him, a request to repair one of her commander jackets was made. A butler took it and bowed, bidding her good day. Yugure dismissed all of the mindless gawkers, telling them to get back to work. They scattered about rather quickly, almost scared of her. Entering the room of the princess, Father Espoir was found sitting on the bed of his youngest daughter, staring at a picture of her. The Chosen Sword called out to get his attention; "Father?"

"Ah... Yukino."

He didn't sound too well.

"Is something the matter? War effort not going well?"

"No, it's going fine. Better than ever even. With the chaos of those damn Strides on Cray, the Star-vaders backed off some. Link Joker's slipping up, so we're finding openings."

"So what's wrong?"

"Have you heard anything from Hana?"

... No, she hadn't. Yugure barely heard anything from Hana ever since coming back from Hawaii. The woman was sure she was still around before those time travelers showed up. This would be before Event Horizon, which was a couple days back. "Why?"

"... Nobody's heard from her since then, or even seen her."

Yugure... was internally starting to panic. This war and everything that happened was already bad enough, especially piled on with what needed to be done with Haruka. To hear the Princess had disappeared...

"No, no no no..." She quickly set herself in denial. "Couldn't she just be hiding? Maybe being an idol is more taxing than originally believed. Hasn't she been communicating with the council of Cray-"

"Nobody on Cray has seen her. Yukino, she's been an idol long enough to know if the job is too pressuring or not. She isn't in hiding."

"Then where the hell is she?!"

"I don't know."

"She... She has to be..."

The commander's shock left her walking backward, back to the door. Leaning back on it, she slid down, practically curling up into a ball once sitting. Breaking out into a cold sweat, a hand held her head. A dizzying migraine was overcoming, distorting vision. Father Espoir gave a sigh, standing up, and walking in front of the girl.

"We're still looking, but not even your mother knows. Nobody can find her in Japan, in America, and people are still looking around in every continent on Earth. Just..."

He wasn't really sure what else to say. The man felt as bad as she did right now, and only put up a strong front because he's used to having one. Another depressing sigh, handing his eldest daughter the picture of Hana. Giving a hopeful nod, he had her move out of the way so he could leave the room. That notion was likely just blind faith, and it's something she wished she had herself. This nightmare only got worse. Yugure asked the entire Sanctuary if they had seen Hana, but they said the same thing. They hadn't seen her.

For what felt like an eternity, the emotionally ripped apart general leaned back on the door, sitting in quiet. Yugure questioned how human she even was, as tears didn't really come out. She hadn't cried in a long time, and felt as if she couldn't. Despair swallowed up her life, and yet, she was out of tears. Shaky, unsteady breaths were the only noises left in the room. Distraction... Distraction... Try not to think about it... They'll find her... The soldier took out her cellphone, cycling through reports. Anything that could take a load off... One message came from Seifer. He wanted to talk about something important that seemed troubling. Ugh, could she even handle someone else's emotional distress right now?

"What is this about?" Was all she sent. Showing weakness just made her a bad leader, and needed to show she was still open to her comrades.

It was just hard to make that clearer than a blunt, straightforward message.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 pm

There would be almost fifteen minutes before another message was sent, from the same recipient as the previous message.

'There's this feeling I can't shake. Something's horribly wrong. People's faces. There are people I remember. But I can't see their faces, remember their names.' the text was straightforward about how Seifer felt, but a few moments after that one another came up as well.

'It's probably just me being paranoid. I mean I woke back up here after passing out in Hawaii with no memories of how I got back. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.'
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:31 pm

"Do you remember anyone about those people that would be significant? I was wondering where you had gone after the business in Hawaii. We can talk more about this at the Espoir Manor."

Yugure was getting rather concerned... and decided to take a shot in the dark. Something might of happened similar to Hana's disappearance.

She sent a follow-up text: "How is Rosalia?"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:40 pm

She wouldn't get a text back immediately, probably a good five minutes this time. He was probably on his way, but soon enough a text arrived that probably didn't make much sense.

'Who?' that's all that it said. Given who she was speaking to, this would definitely come as a surprise. Though another followed soon after. 'Well I'm right outside.'
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:03 pm

As she thought, something happened.

Yugure beat on the back of her door, telling nearby servants to bring her any reports on missing people in the last week, and to lead Seifer to her workshop.

The woman grunted as she forced herself to stand. Nothing she can do but get to work herself. Crying doesn't solve anything for the war, much less does it help win one. Further bottling herself up, she opened the door, traveling to said work room.

Ezel wasn't happy with how she was going about this. Ahmes even less so.

Alfred, however, was understanding. Even if this wasn't healthy, he understood the burden of being the leader.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:13 pm

It more or less wasn't a surprise when the staff lead Seifer to the workshop. The air he gave off though was definitely leagues different from how he seemed over text as he entered the workshop. Normally, he'd be talkative, or smiling. This time his face was taut, grim. His eyes normally vibrant crimson eyes, a painful reminder of extreme events, were now lackluster, hollow. He didn't seem like his usual self, far more serious than the male had seemed before. Someone could be used as a comparison, but let's not get into that. In any case, the male stood in the room, watching the ivory haired woman as the staff slinked back, shutting the door behind them. He uttered not a single word, since Yukino called him here he was going to wait for her to address him first.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Yugure made it into her crafting room, and immediately threw her Reality Bangle forward. It bounced on a table and miraculously flew high enough to land on the next one over. For such a precious device, she treated it rather poorly. Walking over to a shelf for handfuls of screws, bolts, among other things for installation instead of power tools themselves, she turned around once the door opened. Staff had brought in Seifer. Giving a bow, they quickly left to give them privacy.

"... So you don't remember who Rosalia is, among others."

A pause was made before speaking. There was two ways to do this. Break it to him who vanished from his memory, or avoid it after confirming it he doesn't remember. As honest as Yugure was, the latter may be best seeing his current state. Nobody should have to feel as bad as her right now.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:50 pm

"That's right." his answer was simple, sweet and to the point. He didn't remember, and it bothered him. While he felt bad relying on her for everything, she was one of the only people he felt he could turn to with this. That he could trust regarding this. Actually to be completely honest, after coming back from Hawaii, there was this growing... What was it? What emotion was it and why was it so clouded? Why couldn't anything be simple for the brunette. Sighing the thoughts away, he glanced down at the device on his wrist. "Ever since I woke up back in town, I've felt like something was wrong. Something's missing. People who are... or were... important."

A pause as he raised his gaze to the woman who he considered a sister. "...Since... they showed up as well, I've felt even worse. Even with the resistance, my friends, you, Haruka... I feel like I've lost the will to actually fight back. Like I on a personal level don't have something to protect." while what he said was indeed selfish beyond reasoning, everyone has their own singular motivation. And he was telling, confiding and confessing to someone, he didn't have it anymore. The fact he even mentioned it at all should be viewed as the highest level of trust, from one person to another... Not just a subordinate to their commander.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:25 pm

That confirmed it. Rosalisa had gone missing... just like Hana. The entire reason Seifer joined this fight and trusted Yugure while she was still recruiting... was now gone. He didn't even remember what his motive was - what he was protecting. No... this man had no personal drive because of this.

"Do you want to remember?"

Her honest nature probably couldn't hide the truth from him for long if it proved to hinder him. He could keep coming back to her on the same matter. At the same time, if he didn't want to know, she wouldn't say anything about it. He could move on from this, find a new drive, and go on that way. Yet... it was his right to recall what was truly important, if he so desired.

Yugure leaned forward, laying her torso over a table, and resting her arms on it while interlocking her fingers.

Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:31 pm

The question actually brought hesitation to his mind. Did he REALLY want to recall? The images themselves were painful enough. The fact he couldn't remember tore into him like a knife. He was plagued by it and yet, what would the result be, learning of what he lost and knowing he could never get it back? For a moment, the man's composure wavered, almost seeming like a scared and lost child. That quickly vanished however as his features hardened again. "It's probably to late to turn back anyway. You seem to have the answer, and I'd be fooling myself if I said I didn't want to know." with this answer, he resolved himself to whatever torture lay ahead. There were others that went through far worse right?
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:55 am

A deep breath was let loose, preparing herself for any upcoming hysterics.

"We're still confirming everything, but a number of people have disappeared. This is including my sister. There's a number of missing cases, and it seems some families don't even remember their children have vanished. As for you... among friends, your beloved named Rosalia has vanished. She was... your girlfriend who rarely left your side. She lived with you, and considered me an elder sister as you do.

Your entire reason... for having agreed to fight this war with me... was to protect her."

Yugure was visibly pained while telling him this. It was hard enough to swallow the fact that her own sister had been spirited away. Now, she had to break news like that to another, and she herself had no idea how to even begin consoling. Honestly, the woman may never know how to do it. A distressed expression came over her face, a hand running through and to the back of her hair. This failure of a big sister always tried to earn Hana's favor and admiration back, only to realize it'd never happen. Now, there wasn't even hope of it as long as the Princess was gone.

For Seifer, she couldn't imagine what it'd been like to know something like this happened to Haruka. She was already having a hard time with him being right in HQ as it is.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 am

Seifer listened quietly, staring dead at Yukino with an unwavering gaze, even as she broke the news. Actually, quite surprisingly, there wasn't really a reaction at first aside from him pulling out his phone and scrolling through it. It'd be easy to tell what he was doing, all things considered. He was carefully looking through his contacts for names he didn't recognize, and he saw the first one. "Hana. Your sister. And then..." he scrolled even further and sure enough... There was her name, adorned with a cute little text heart next to it. The male quietly bit the edge of his lip. There were no tears, though he was likewise, visibly pained. There was no outburst, no hysterical crying. Shutting the phone without clearing any contacts, a somewhat good sign, he put it away, raising his gaze up at the woman before him. Behind his eyes was... Nothing. Devoid of life or emotion. Probably an incredibly hard thing to see, especially now, and if you knew who these eyes belonged to.

"...Part of me wants to scream. Curse your name... No, not just yours. Everything. The desire..." the male glanced down at his left hand, now raised to his waist. The hand was outstretched, only to be clenched into a fist a moment later. "The desire to just erase everything from existence just keeps growing now. My chest feels tight, and almost everything feels weightless. ...I even in fact feel like I could just make everything void. I feel like it's something I deserve. To eradicate all life. All things. And yet..." his hand lowered, his gaze returning to the female before him. "What would that solve? Selfish satisfaction? ...A futile attempt at getting her back?" the male averted his gaze, now looking at the ceiling. "It just feels so empty. It's tight... My chest, and yet it feels like there's nothing there. The world has no meaning to me. ...And yet, what right do I have to complain? I, probably the luckiest person between me and you. Haruka. Everyone in the resistance. What right do I have to whine in the middle of a war? ...When everyone has lost something? Someone? ...I'm not the only one affected by this." Seifer grew silent as he continued to stare at the ceiling, just sitting there, staring.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:39 am

"... Everyone has the born right to complain", Yugure began to respond to the devoid, yet murderous statements. "Even if someone next to you has lost someone, you are entitled to feel humane suffering caused by loss."

Not like she followed that advice.

"I know what it's like to want to kick and scream, to lash out at the world. But you yourself just noted how causing devastation in turn upon the Earth... wouldn't bring her back."

A reality they both had to and did accept. A cruel reality that no amount of fury or sorrow, no amount of begging nor pleading, would bring them back. That didn't mean give up, however. It simply meant they were going to have to fight to return their treasures regardless.

"If the world has no meaning, how would you feel if you only needed your memories to have meaning?"

There was something concerning with how he said he could make everything void, but it was best not to pry for now. Instead, try to soothe the void in his heart that formed.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 am

There was silence. A long, deafening silence. It wasn't until a few minutes had passed that Seifer spoke again. "There is truth in what you say, and yet... Memories are a powerful, deadly thing to carry. They can kill you, other those around you." looking back at the woman he considered his elder sister, there was something behind his eyes this time. Maybe a small, spark of life? Hope? "I won't deny that I enjoy the memories... And while I won't forget her, dwelling on the memories would only kill me in the long run." he shut his eyes, remembering bits and pieces of his past that were erased, happy memories. "...You're highly intelligent. And a wonderful person." finally a smile. "You lost someone as well, and yet, here you are... Trying to console me. I'm selfish... But..." he gave a light sigh shaking his head. "...You're not like that other version of you. ...You're someone to look up to, admire. Whether you see it or not, it's the truth." the male turned towards the door, stopping just before opening it. With his back to her he looked up at the ceiling again.

"This might sound out of place. ...And probably unfair, to you and others. However..." he shut his eyes letting out a breath. "I'm leaving the resistance. ...I'm going to go after the intruders on my own." he could of left right then, and probably should of after saying that, but part of him felt he needed to listen to what she said in response.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 am

Yugure couldn't help but agree with the idea of memories being dangerous to someone's life - especially their own. It's because of her own memories she had nearly died two years ago. Still, she was alive, and the woman believed he would be too. They definitely weren't the same in shouldering any kind of burden born of the past, but faith would still hold true within the woman he considered family. Before the soldier could add additional input on the matter, he complimented her.

It was a bit surprising for him to say Yugure and Queen Yukino weren't alike. Though, unable to deny they were the same person, it was nice to hear that she was over her revolting counterpart in some way.

Putting a small smile on her face, he had one on his too. She was happy he found some peace of mind. It was his declaration to leave the resistance that removed that expression.

"... Those people have mastered the power of transcendence, and are here to and can cause us serious harm. Don't do anything reckless in trying to handle them all by yourself."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:34 am

"I thought about that yeah." He actually turned around, holding up his left hand, which had the bangle snapped snugly to his wrist, his forefinger held up. "However, I was one card away from beating my first opponent, without stride. Whether she underestimated me or not has yet to be seen. There's another issue however that lead to me making this choice. ..." turning back around fully, it was about time to actually confront the possibility. "I'm worried about why I have no memory after you beating Satoshi in Hawaii, and then waking up near HQ. Before the gap in my memory, just after you beat Nebula Lord, my head started to hurt by just being there. ...My whole body felt... Numb. I wandered out and... Somewhere, and lost consciousness. After that, my memory blacks out, and I woke up near HQ. ...As far as I'm aware, none of you brought me back."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 am

"Don't get cocky because of one game."

Yugure recalled how the game between him and Dalis was beyond close. It was true that Seifer, with Nouvelle, had already gotten a taste of transcendence. Using a Grade Four, he'd be more natural at using it than most others. ... Even though he fainted after using a G Unit anyway. Regardless, even with any kind of inborn talent like that, it wasn't a risk the woman was willing to personally take.

Then he brought up the main blank in his memory: where he went after the battle with Nebula Lord.

"We couldn't find you until we got back to Japan... Do you have any sort of idea what could've happened? ... Or an explanation as to why you feel you could make everything... void?"

Yugure brought up what he said earlier, guessing at a connection. She had a bad feeling about this and most of her bad feelings usually went back to the Star-vaders before anyone else. The mention of "void" just raised more of her suspicions.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:50 am

The male shook his head before opening his phone again, hoping to find some sort of possible clue. He went through everything, contacts, texts, even calls. That's when he noticed something odd. "There's a call here to Haruka, says it was disconnected. Time is... zero minutes four seconds. An attempted call that failed due to a connection error probably. I doubt he has it, but the date and time are listed as a few hours prior to when I woke up here." he closed the phone again, looking at Yukino again. He had somewhat of a guess himself then, and it was likely she had the same guess but... "It's possible, what I felt.. ... Is it possible Nebula Lord didn't die in your fight?"
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:08 am

Was it possible?

"There's no way he could have lived after what I did to him."

Yugure completely tore the Star-vader commander to shreds. A fit of anger finally bursting forth from the tight jar of emotions she kept closed... Nebula Lord was slashed to pieces, a gigantic shell of a dead Cyber Dragon. The corpse had been taken in by the United Sanctuary to research, they were sure the general was deceased. Even so, that left doubt in the hearts of herself and Alfred. They have seen more than the impossible before, they practically lived it. Confirming he was dead... wouldn't ease their consciences.

"A phone call to Haruka... and you ask me of Nebula Lord... Do you think you may have been trying to contact Sera?" The woman inquired, wanting to find the truth. If he was "possessed" by the ghost of the commander in any way, it would be natural to immediately contact a leader. Something to further investigate when going to check on her beloved again.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:23 am

Crossing one arm across his chest and cupping his chin with the other, Seifer's face turned thoughtful. "It's possible. All things considered... Until this war is over, I'm still one of the Generals, as much disgust as that brings to even me." it was true. Now that he thought about it, the unit that was initially his reverse hadn't been killed, though it seemed to of just... disappeared. "I have no memory of the time between Hawaii and coming back to Japan. That in itself is worrisome. There's also the fact that my Reverse knows that Haruka is Sera's host. No matter how I look at it, I can't validate any reasoning for it past trying to contact Sera. But there's also..." he hesitated. "I haven't exhibited any signs of the reverse, but, is there a possibility they can create sleeper agents?" he idea sounded far fetched, especially considering by all rights, Nebula Lord was the one called into question, and he was considered dead.

"As much as I want to go, as much as I feel like I need to go and fight the invaders now, part of me feels like I need to be contained now. The thought just kept growing."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:15 pm

"Don't do anything reckless like fight against the time travelers on your own. The war is going to end soon", the woman assured that this nightmare was almost over. Honestly, it was more hopeful than anything, but Yugure had enough anger and hate to pursue the invaders down to the deepest corners of dark space to ensure they're eradicated. If he was a general, even with his hate, he wouldn't have to fight for the enemy if he didn't want to... All they had to do was end the war.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 pm

The female's words struck a definite chord with him. But if the war was going to end soon, why does he feel like something's wrong. Something feels really wrong. He wouldn't press the issue though. However... "Eventually they'll have to be fought. At this rate we're doing nothing but hiding. That's a moot point though, they'd be able to find us at any time I'm sure." he shut his eyes, cupping his chin again. "If anything, I'd like to test the full potential of our stride against theirs. But that's dangerous as well. They already know we have the potential and ability to do so. ...I won't go without you telling me to either, and no that's not just because you're the resistance leader. You're my sister, even if we're not related by blood."
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Good, better even that he listens to her because of spiritual siblingship. She let out a sigh of relief, knowing full well that they're basically hiding at this point, yes. They need to go on the offensive, and it needed to be soon. Her biggest problem was that the disaster of people disappearing and these time travelers appear, they still don't have an overall solution to Link Joker in the middle of it. Ezel was practically the Sanctuary's only counter, even if he went about to teach others the ability of Unlock.

Yugure felt like nobody truly had the war-ending answer to the Star-vaders yet...

The commander wasn't sure of what to say next, lost in thought because of this.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 pm

The brunette noticed it, the lost in thought look. He wasn't to sure on what she was thinking, since there were now two fronts they had to fight on. "Nee-san, don't over think it. You're not alone in this. And while it's hypocritical for me to say, all things considered, don't try to do things on your own. ...You have us. You can lean on us for support to. ...We'll all get through this together. Okay?" he gave another smile before turning, and giving a light wave. "I'm going to head back to HQ. ...Try to get some rest alright? As much pressure as you put on yourself, you need it. Don't forget either, you can lean on me, us... Everyone." the way he spoke, he was voicing this with full confidence that he knew what he was talking about. Giving another gentle wave he walked out of the room, bowing to the staff as he left.
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next