Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari)

2 posters

Go down

The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari) Empty The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari)

Post by TrueLily Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm

It had been a day since the Zoo event had ended. Hikari had walked Rin home after the event, and it seemed like she would be fine now that she was there, but Hikari couldn't help but worry about her. The whole event had left her a mess, and Hikari regretted not being able to do more for her. It wasn't until later that day that she received the two paintings she asked the old man in the park for. An awesome looking Victor for herself, and an Altmile that she had made for Rin, as thanks for helping her complete that quest. This would be just the thing to cheer Rin up. The next day, she sent Rin a text.

-to: Rin-

(*^▽^)/
Hey Rin!
I'm heading over to your place, I've got something I wanna give you.
You're gonna love it, trust me!
o(^▽^)o
See you soon~
(^_−)~☆

Without waiting for Rin to reply, and disregarding the fact that she had not yet been given permission to come over, Hikari made her way to her friend's house with the Altmile painting. Hikari hadn't actually seen the inside of Rin's house yet. After walking her home, she left Rin to herself, so this would be the first time Hikari had the chance to see what it was like inside. She was pretty excited to find out. Finally coming up to the house, Hikari excitedly knocked on the door and waited for a reply.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari) Empty Re: The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari)

Post by Lightning King Tue May 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Rin was a little confused when she heard her phone buzz with a text message, very much not used to being texted by anyone besides her own family. With a quizzical expression, she opened up her phone to see what the message was, assuming it was just her sister asking about something.

"E-eh?" Rin's face went from quizzical to blank as she processed the text she just read.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHH!?" Her response when she finished processing the message could be heard throughout the house. It was a good thing Hikari wasn't planning on waiting for a response, as Rin dropped her phone and immediately ran to start preparing for a guest. Cleaning her room was not going to be possible in however long it took but the necessary basics of hygiene that she hadn't done yet were.

"GUESTGUESTGUESTGUESTGUEST," she chanted as she ran to prepare, the word confusing her family even more than Rin's behavior did.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari) Empty Re: The Lair of the NEET (Rin and Hikari)

Post by TrueLily Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Unfortunately for Rin and her family, Hikari had a bad habit of being impatient. She had knocked, so that meant it was okay for her to come in now, right? Besides, Rin knew she was coming, so her coming in wouldn't be unexpected. Armed with one-hundred percent confidence that it was okay for her to enter another person's home uninvited, Hikari swung open the door to her friend's house and stepped inside.

"I'm here!" she called in, acting as if she were walking in to a familiar hang out, or her own home, rather than a house that she'd never been inside, "You home, Rin?" As Hikari looked around and took in her surroundings, a sudden realization dawned on her. That's right. Teenage girls don't live alone. Rin had a family. That Hikari had never met before. And she had just loudly barged into their home. Oh no.

No, no, this was fine. She could recover from this. In times like this, Hikari had to live by her life's code, "Never show fear." Pretending that everything was okay and that what she had just done was a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to do, she continued in to the house. Yes. This was fine.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Alas, poor Rin had underestimated Hikari's energy and speed.  As Hikari walked through the door, she would hear the loud EHing of a panicking Rin along with a brief flash of her running down a hallway followed by the slam of a door.  Continuing into the house, if she looked around, Hikari would see the three other members of Rin's family staring blankly at her before double multiple double takes, looking between each other and then back to Hikari, unable to process what they were witnessing.

The buzz of what must have been a phone receiving a text snapped the family out of it, Rin's little sister pulling out her phone to look at it.  She made a similar "EEEHH?" to one that would come from her older sister, and ran past Hikari saying, "Yo, bye! Gonna be late!  Take care of my sis, she needs it!"

The expression on Rin's mother's face finally died down.  "Ah, you must be the guest Rin mentioned!  Did you know she's never had a friend over in all 16 years I've been raising her?"  It was hard to tell whether Rin's mother was saying that to be rude to her daughter, make Hikari feel special, or both.  "Oh, but nevermind that.  What's your name?  Is there anything I can get you?  Tea?  A snack?  I think Rin might be a little bit longer still."
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Thu May 10, 2018 12:52 am

As Hikari heard Rin's trademark EHing and her blurry shape moving in the background, it occurred to her that she may not have given Rin enough time to prepare. She just assumed she'd be ready to receive a guest at any time. Maybe that was a bad thing to assume. Oops. She'd just have to roll with it. Rin's family seemed surprised to see her, which shouldn't have been a surprise to Hikari. She also wasn't that surprised to see that apparently Rin's EH ran in the family, as her sister - Hikari couldn't tell if she was younger, older, or a twin - ran out past her and told her to take care of Rin. Well, that was technically Hikari's plan, but it was weird to hear from someone else. Still, she raised a hand to her as she passed.

Then she turned to who appeared to be her friend's mom. This was going to be the hard part. She was hoping she could have strolled past Rin's family without being questioned, but it appeared that would not be an option. Had Rin really never had a friend over even once? Hikari had suspected that she wasn't very popular, but it was honestly kinda sad to hear that Hikari was the first guest she'd ever had. What about her birthday parties? This just wouldn't do. Hikari would have to pull the weight of a dozen friends, to make up for lost time. In any case, Hikari would have to navigate this situation with. She'd have to use something she was unfamiliar with. Manners.

Hikari bowed her head lightly to Rin's mother, "That's right, I'm a friend of Rin's. My name is Hikari Sugimoto, it's nice to meet you," she said, doing the best impression of all the lessons she'd been given on introducing herself. She thought for a moment, "Some green tea sounds great, actually," she said, "Er, if you have any. Any tea is fine, actually," she tried to correct herself, trying to remember she was an uninvited guest.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Sat May 12, 2018 12:15 am

"Of course!  I was already making some, so it won't be long," Rin's mother said before leading Hikari to a place she could sit down while she waited for Rin to be ready.  Several minutes later, Rin's mother brought out the cup of tea for Hikari, setting it down in front of her guest.  "Well, I think Rin will still be a bit, so..."  As if on cue, the door slammed open, cutting the mother off mid-sentence.  Rin emerged from her room, and anxiously tiptoed towards the living room, giving a lovely gap of awkward silence before she peeked her head out.

"U-uh, h-hi, Hikari..." she said rather flustered.  "H-how's it going?"
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Sat May 12, 2018 12:51 am

Hikari took a sip of the tea she'd been given. Suddenly, she winced in pain. She had forgotten to wait for it to cool down. Oops. Pretending that she hadn't just scalded her tongue, she looked at her friend's mom, "This is delicious, thanks!" Then she turned to see Rin enter the room and talk to her. She set the teacup down and raised a hand to her, "Yo, Rin!" she called back, "It's going good for me, but what about you?" she asked, a slight tone of concern tinting the question, "You feeling okay after yesterday?" Rin seemed a bit off somehow, but she wasn't the complete mess she had been yesterday. Hikari hoped that meant she was feeling better. If not, she hoped that the picture she had with her would be enough to cheer her up. She didn't want to show it just yet though. It had to be a surprise.

"Oh hey, if you want, we can hang out in your room, and I can show you that thing I mentioned," Hikari suggested, being far too forward for someone who came over uninvited. It didn't occur to Hikari that Rin's room might not be in a presentable state. Part of her just thought it was a natural place to hang out at a friend's house, and another part of her was curious as to what Rin's room looked like. Hikari took another sip of the tea.

Fuck.

It was still too hot.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Sun May 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Rin's mother smiled at the compliment to her tea, buying Hikari's lie. Satisfied that she had successfully welcomed the guest after Rin herself appeared, the mother chose to take her leave of the situation.

"Oh, it's, been, uhh... well, uhhh... F-f-fine! Yeah... Fine! I'm great!" Rin said, still rather flustered. "Yesterday's just... Water under the bridge!"

"M-my room?" Rin's face went from flustered to worried to sweating profusely. Hikari wanted to see her room. Her room. That which held of her most personal belongings and the truth of her as a person. Though, for Rin, she was less concerned about the privacy of it and more about how Hikari was going to react to it. "O-oh, y-yeah... s-s-sure! My room! T-t-there's no problem with that!! N-nope!" Rin retreated back from the hall towards her room. "It's, uhh... just... over here..."

Rin put her hand on the handle of the door to her room, and braced herself mentally before opening it wide for Hikari to witness the pure NEET-ness contained within.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Sun May 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Hikari somehow doubted Rin's declaration that she was fine. Hikari had a lot of experience pretending that she was okay when she wasn't. The only difference was, she was a lot better at it than Rin. Still, it seemed like Rin wanted Hikari to believe she was fine, and didn't really want to talk about it, so Hikari chose to act like she believed her, at least for now. Pressing her might just make it worse. So instead, she just chose to follow Rin to her room. Hikari could not possibly have been prepared for what happened once Rin threw her door open.

For a moment, Hikari was speechless. She wasn't even sure what she was looking at. It was all a little overwhelming. It seemed like there wasn't even an inch of open space inside the room. Vanguard figurines and plushies, posters of cute Vanguard girls... Wait, was that a shrine to Altmile? Oh dear. Well, at least Hikari had made the right choice with the picture she brought. "Wow your room is f-" Hikari caught herself, "full of interesting stuff," she commented, looking around. Hikari had underestimated just how much of a nerd her friend truly was. Though she had to admit some of the stuff in her room was cool. She could see herself putting up some of those posters, and... Wait. Were those...? They were!

Hikari rushed over to one of Rin's shelves, "Are these all Starpla?!" Hikari asked, sudden excitement exploding into her voice as she examined all the Star Gate figurines, "Dude, I only have, like, three of these things!" As much as she wanted to reach out and touch them, she knew that that was a cardinal sin, one which the Starpla collector community had determined that the only suitable punishment for was death. "You've got so many!" Hikari said, wishing her meager collection compared even a tiny bit to Rin's enormous series, "That's so cool!" Yes, if there was one thing that Hikari had absolutely no shame in geeking out about, it was giant robots. Her own geeky explosion made her completely forget how cluttered and nerdy Rin's room actually was.

After a minute of admiring the robot figures, Hikari shook off her infatuation, and remembered what she wanted to do. She grinned at Rin, now understanding the extent of her infatuation with Altmile, "Oh yeah, I thought you might like this," she said, pulling out the painting, "But now I KNOW you're gonna totally love it!" She unraveled the painting, revealing a beautifully done piece of art depicting Altmile in all his ab-bearing glory. The old man had done a stunning job of it, and had paid an almost questionable amount of attention to the detail on Altmile's abs. "Ta-da~" Hikari said with a flourish, "Pretty sweet, right? I had it made for you after our first fight at Star Gate. Whaddya think?"
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm

"Heheheh," Rin let go of her nerves with a laugh as Hikari seemed genuinely excited about something and didn't react with any immediately apparent disgust.  "I built them all myself!" she boasted about her Starpla.  All of them had been expertly painted and panel-lined to ensure ultimate accuracy to the card art, only using the stickers where absolutely necessary and even those had been meticulously applied.  Rin took the rare chance to bask in what little ego she had before Hikari caught her attention again as she pulled out the painting.

"W-woah..."  For a moment, stars could almost be seen in Rin's eyes as she looked at the painting of Altmile.  Gently, she took the painting of Altmile from Hikari's hands and placed it into her shrine.  As soon as Rin was sure it was safe, her energy took a 180, whipping around and giving Hikari a very, very tight hug.  

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  I'm," she sniffled a bit, "I'm so happyyy!"  Rin had been incredibly worried and nervous about how Hikari was going to respond to Rin's home and her room when she first received the text, but those doubts had been washed away.  Rin now had no doubt in her mind that Hikari was her friend.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Hikari was positively elated to see how happy the painting had made Rin. It had had the exact effect she had been hoping. On the other hand, she could hardly breathe as her oxygen supply was being cut off by Rin's hug. She didn't actually mind that much, though, at least not at first. It was nice. And Rin's cute reaction was endearing enough to make Hikari temporarily ignore the pain. She would have hugged Rin back, if her arms weren't pinned at her sides by Rin's iron grip. "I'm really happy you like it so much," Hikari choked out, grinning despite the slight pain she was experiencing, "but, uh, you're kinda crushing me here."

Once free from Rin's Finishing Hold, Hikari said, "Well hey, I've got nowhere else to be today, so we can hang out for as long as you want," she took another look around her friend's room, "I'm kinda interested in learning more about all this cool stuff you've got," she suggested. "Oh! We could also prepare for the Magallanica event together," Hikari paused suddenly, "Er, that is, if you want to go."
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Wed May 16, 2018 5:31 pm

"Eep!" Rin let out a noise as she let go of Hikari.  "Uhh, sorry!  I didn't realize I could even do that!"  However, that death grip would soon be the least of Hikari's problems.  After being released, she made the one mistake no soul ever should, potentially sealing herself to a fate worse than death.

"I'm kinda interested in learning more about all this cool stuff you've got."

Rin didn't even hear the rest of what Hikari said. The gears in her head had already begun to turn, and the expression on her face could only be described as the face of true evil. She started on a spiel of information, bombarding Hikari with an incredibly dense amount of pure otaku information starting with all of her Starpla, and moving from there in what seemed to be a perfectly planned out manner, as if she had been waiting for years for the chance to do this. If left unchecked, she would go on for several hours, and share enough information to fill up a small laptop's hard drive or at least overload the average person's mind.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 pm

At first, everything was fine. Rin started to go into great detail about all her Starpla, something that Hikari was very keen on listening to. She nodded along, listening intently to everything Rin was saying. It went on for a while, and Rin was talking pretty fast, so it was a lot to take in, but Hikari didn't mind. After that though, Rin shifted without missing a beat to the rest of the stuff in her room, barely giving Hikari any time to recover and process the information she'd been fed. Still, Hikari didn't mind. Seeing Rin get so excited about her stuff was cute, and she was happy that her friend was enjoying herself. At least, that's how it was at first.

After the first hour passed, Hikari was just starting to feel a bit of information overload. As she nodded along, she could already feel the information she'd given less than an hour prior being forced out of her brain to make room. She was pretty confident she'd learned more in her time in Rin's room than she had on even the most productive of school days. Granted, she was learning about useless nerd stuff, not important skills, but still. Still, Hikari couldn't bring herself to interrupt Rin. Not when she was enjoying herself this much.

It was when two hours had passed that Hikari started to worry. Her neck was getting tired from nodding so much, and she was utterly baffled at how Rin still had air left in her lungs. Was she breathing? It didn't seem like she had time to between all those words. At this point, it was hard to process the information anymore. She vaguely understood that Rin was motioning to various plushies, posters, and figurines, but it was hard for Hikari to keep track of what she was talking about by this point. It was all just a big jumble of hyper-active exospeak. She almost wanted to speak up, but it felt like there was never an opportunity. Rin just never. Stopped. Talking.

EVER.

By the time the third hour had passed, Hikari was starting to get a little tired. Even though all she was doing was listening, it was starting to get to her. It was almost like school. Just having to absorb all this information was positively exhausting. At this point, Hikari had taken the liberty of sitting down on Rin's bed, instead of standing up and following her to look at whatever she was talking about. Her brain was starting to go on serious overload. Things started to blend together even more, and there were times when Hikari got confused, as Rin seamlessly transitioned from talking about one thing to another, and Hikari didn't notice. She simply tried to pretend she understood what Rin was trying to say, and acted like the situation made perfect, normal sense.

By the time the fourth hour had rolled around, Hikari was completely exhausted. Her brain, for fear of its own safety, had nearly turned itself off to save itself from Rin's never-ending stream of words. Even sitting upright was too much at this point. Hikari had slunk down onto the floor, and laid her head on Rin's mattress. It was hard to tell if she was even paying attention to Rin anymore. Every so often, she would offer a halfhearted "Uh-huh," or "I see," or "Wow, really?" She kept her eyes barely open, forcing herself to perk up any time Rin glanced her way, to give the illusion she was fully engaged, and also forced herself to stifle any yawns that tried to escape from her throat.

The fifth hour was weird. Maybe it was because Hikari had gotten a tiny bit of rest during the fourth hour, or maybe she just entered the mystical state where you become so tired that you don't even notice it any more. Either way, Hikari suddenly no longer felt tired at all. She was incredibly full of both energy and interest, and engaged Rin at every turn, vigorously nodding along with all of Rin's explanations, and asking her questions about all the things that interested her. Actually, it was interesting to a surprising extent.

That was, until the sixth hour. Suddenly and without warning, the burst of energy Hikari had gained from nowhere was gone. Barely making an attempt to hide it from Rin, she collapsed onto the bed, sprawled out on her back, without even lifting up her head. She still tried to act like she was engaged, but at this point, the words no longer made sense to her. Her brain was completely fried. Her friend's words entered her ears, but her brain was unable to process them, only recognizing that noise was indeed being made by Rin. She was trying desperately hard to pay attention, but there was no hope. This was an enemy Hikari could not defeat.

When suddenly... it stopped. No more noise was coming from Rin's mouth. Had she asked Hikari a question, and was waiting for a response? No, that wasn't the atmosphere. It seemed as though... Rin had finally finished. After six long hours, Rin had finally finished describing every last thing in her room. With newfound hope, Hikari experienced a resurgence of energy once more. Like the Nova Grappler player she was, she Stood from Rest one final time, "Wow Rin, that's really awesome," she said, using everything within her power to keep her sheer exhaustion out of her voice, "And I love seeing that passion!" That part was actually true. If there was something Hikari understood, it was passion, and it was clear Rin had that in spades. Hikari couldn't fault her for that. Even if it was over something silly like nerdy collectors items, Hikari always respected passion. "Maybe I should take some design notes from you," Hikari mused, "I could always use more Starpla, and putting up some posters of cute girls wouldn't hurt... Oh, and I've always wanted to try cosplaying, too!" Finally, the moment of adrenaline she experienced upon realizing Rin had finished wore off, and she collapsed suddenly once more, landing with her butt on the floor. Laughing sheepishly, Hikari admitted, "Eheheh... Sorry, I guess I'm just a little... tired..."
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Mon May 21, 2018 7:21 pm

During her six hour explanation, Rin had somehow managed to remain completely and utterly oblivious to Hikari's draining enthusiasm. Now that it was over, Rin finally noticed her friend's condition, and more baffling to her, the time. When she did, she released her signature "EH" sound, before turning back to Hikari to answer her questions.

"W-well, uh, my mom is probably making supper right now so we can all about my costume design tips over dinner! You are staying for dinner, right? I mean it's, like, really late and you're still here..." Rin had already forgotten she'd intricately described the processes she used to create her cosplay outfits at some point in the six hours. "Oh, and when you have a cosplay of your own, we can go to conventions together! I've never had someone to cosplay a duo with before! And then we can buy new things for your room! Like starpla! And I can show you all my secret Starpla building techniques!" Even after six hours, it seemed Rin's enthusiasm hadn't died in the slightest.

Soon after, there was a knock on the door. It was Rin's mother, "Dinner's ready! And if you aren't out in under three minutes, I'm coming in there to drag you both out!"

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEH!? W-well, I guess we better get going..."

It was a good thing Rin had finished her explanation before dinner was ready.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Mon May 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Hikari chuckled as she picked herself up from the ground, "Yeah, I'll stay for dinner," Hikari nodded, [color=#6600FF]"And we can totally figure out all the details while we're eating." Hikari didn't have the heart to tell Rin she'd already been thoroughly lectured on costume design. Besides that, it seemed pretty advanced to Hikari, and Rin's costumes were awesome, so maybe hearing the tips again wouldn't hurt. "To be honest, I'll probably need your help actually putting a costume together. At least my first time," Hikari admitted, "You're costumes are so awesome, anything I put together would totally drag you down if we showed up anywhere together," Hikari kept her voice light and jokey, but it was true that she felt she would need Rin's help for something like this. The idea of cosplaying and going to a convention together sounded super fun, so she would have to give it her all and not embarrass Rin. Though, in the end, it was rather easy to embarrass Rin, whether you tried to or not.

When Rin's mom called the two to dinner, Hikari bounded excitedly for the door. "Alright, dinner time!" she cheered, "Let's go eat!" As she walked out of Rin's room and to the dinner table, she asked Rin "So, cosplaying a duo, huh? Did you have anyone in mind?" Hikari's mind raced with possibilities, "Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark? Or two halves of a Legion pair? We gotta figure out what my first costume is gonna be!"
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down