Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cider and Cicada [Mizumi & Chris]

2 posters

Go down

Cider and Cicada [Mizumi & Chris] Empty Cider and Cicada [Mizumi & Chris]

Post by Jello Sun May 06, 2018 3:30 pm

The day was nice enough in itself to travel without a coat or anything, but Mizumi adorned a cute zip-up with floral designs at the trim and base, becoming warm shades of red as it went higher up into a pitch black hood design. Instead of a small handbag like normal, she kept her deck and phone in the pockets of her hoodie and traveled into dangerous territory. After the event and fumbling the ball and attaining only preliminary cards from the event, she felt somewhat defeated about her loss. More than defeated, her motivation to fight was dwindling a little. Nothing to beat herself up over, but it was the kind of feeling you got not from losing, but seeing others succeed in your place.

She paced along the sidewalk of the main city, entering the building with less than a vengeance but more than a wounded pride on her sleeve. She pedaled in, but didn't really think the plan through or anything. In fact she got here, slid her hood off, and almost immediately slid back out the door due to anxiety. Preserving her mental state was something of a battle in of itself, let alone slinking through an official Cardfight!! Vanguard facility like this. Her face was riddled in nervousness as she made her way around the large botanical facility and darted off towards a vending machine in the corner.

A small transaction later and she was the proud owner of a 24 oz. can of apple cider. She sipped it gingerly a couple of times, trying to regain her composure. The building seemed relatively empty, but knowing how she handled herself she was the likeliest of prey for any predators in the vicinity.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Cider and Cicada [Mizumi & Chris] Empty Re: Cider and Cicada [Mizumi & Chris]

Post by Best Girl Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm

And unfortunately for Mizumi, the apex of predators was hanging around the building, once again entertaining children along with some of the no-name fighters coming back from the event. Chrisaline had no issue with humiliating grown men in front of their siblings as they were trying to show off. It was unfortunate for them seeing as Killer Queen easily destroyed their spirits. "You're a scary lady." One of the kids noted, numerous older players seemingly exhausted by the mind games of Megacolony's Darkface. The intimidating mutant gave everyone options in which they were forced to pick the lesser of various evils, only to fall in traps regardless. It was a mostly bad time.

"My, what a rude brat. I'm not scary." Chris spoke to the youth in her usual haughty voice. "I can show you fear if you'd like, however..." Varess was busy and Rikuto was usually gone, meaning she had freedom to get a little wild if she wanted. She definitely wasn't above instilling terror in the young minds of Japan either. Though, the presence of a unique individual piqued her curiosity, putting the mass of fodder to the side as she felt the resonance between her Void-empowered abilities and the modified existence of another.

The girl near the vending machine was a reborn seed. "Huhu... Interesting. Out of my way, scrubs." Chrisaline insulted, pushing one of the men down with her hand and leaving the table, having them watch her strut away. Honestly, it was incredibly infuriating to see the minx carry herself about with an attractive sway of the hips, leaving her victims confused, aroused, or even more angry. Back in uniform, her long aqua hair flowed majestically through the wind, stopping at the skirt made shorter than it actually looked due to her wonderfully shaped thighs. Those watching her front would feel the same from her ample mounds threatening to burst through her buttoned brown jacket, adorned with a cute orange tie.

"Hello there." The voluptuous demoness had slithered her way toward Mizumi, wearing a smile mixed as a friendly maliciousness. Someone was about to get bullied.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun May 06, 2018 6:19 pm

An instant of fear spiked in Mizumi's heart, hearing the sound of a voice so close to her ear as the one that formed from seemingly... nowhere? Granted, Mizumi had her eyes locked on the vending machine after getting her drink she hardly noticed if anyone had been approaching the first place.

With a shrill yelp and a spin on the heel, Mizumi piped up with eyes wide open like saucers from a nearby fast-food joint. Some of the cider from the can flushed out the top and plopped onto the sleeve of her hoodie and her hand. She groaned a bit in the defeat, using the wet sleeve to wipe the cider off her hands before it got all sticky but would probably still need to be washed later.

What stood in front of her now was likely the incarnate of evil that she was hoping to avoid coming here. It could have been any other authority of the building that approached her maybe out of sympathy or kindness or a friendly chat but what appeared was instead Chrisaline. Mizumi backed up a step, her shoulder blades just barely tapping the front of the vending machine. This made her jump a little too, albeit far less than when Chris introduced herself.

"W-what, well... Uh, hi!" Mizumi tried to come up with a proper response but it came out as a jumble of words spilling from her mouth almost like the cider from the can. She blinked a couple times, glancing down at Chris' breasts, then back to her face in some kind of mortal horror.

How does she not have back problems!?

"Sorry, am I in the way? I'm in the way aren't I! I am, so, sooo, sorry about that. I just, it was a bit warm out so I wanted to get something to drink and I just, erm... Yeah, so..." Mizumi sidestepped while trying to get this sentence out but by the time she was finally explaining herself, her voice had reduced itself to nothing but a semi-audible whisper to herself.

She looked from the corners of her eyes at Chris again, taking in a better look at her form. It was intimidating and frightening, but not in the sense that she was above her in the food chain. She must have been the apex, the alpha meeting the beta. Or like, Beta 2.0. A lower form of beta. Mizumi's left leg shook a bit, somewhat restless as she sipped her cider again.

"So, you... work here? Oh, sorry! I, uh, we never introduced ourselves. I am Mizumi, it's a... a pleasure? A pleasure!"

She corrected herself from the original inquisitive tone nearly immediately for fear of provoking some kind of wrath.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun May 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Chris had gotten the exact reaction she desired from the frightened mouse, seeing her fumble about with her drink and the sudden twirl, along with backing up to the vending machine... Her fetish for sadism reveled in the majesty of anyone in fearful awe of her presence. The vile mistress giggled, watching her eyes widened and even the quick glance, hearing her stammer in the face of Killer Queen. This chance simply could not be passed up to stroke her own ego and converse with one of the timeline-jumping spirits that led a double life in essence. It is because of this, the clan leader's grin widened as Mizumi was going to step aside, prompting the demoness to slam her open palm onto the machine behind her prey, hoping to get another scare out of her with the sudden banging noise.

"What a cute mouse you are..." She purred, "So adorable... I could eat you right up." One could imagine a snake tongue slithering out of her mouth in a flailing, threatening hiss. This was emphasized by Chrisaline licking her lips as she keep the reincarnated seed in her sights. She leaned forward a little, sizing up the beta before her, then backing up a little after a few moments and taking her hand off the machine. "Indeed, I do work here. My name is Chrisaline Egao and you may call me Chris, but I didn't know you were going under a new name. Although, I suppose like that grating Aoi Undyne, some of you changed identities almost entirely."

It was vague hinting - almost teasing - at how she knew about the seeds. Despite not being around during their appearance, she was the hostess of the Jester, creator of the almighty doomsday weapon that poisoned these individuals with its defeat. Glendios... That Cyber Golem fueled by Reverse left a scar within those souls that her piercing green gaze could recognize.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 pm

As expected, just the noise of Chris slamming her weight against the machine with her palm sent a short shriek out of Mizumi's lips, only kept enclosed by a cupped hand over her mouth immediately after. She blinked, her face somewhat flushing with red at first.

"M-mouse?" She moved her hand from her mouth, her lips quivering a bit as the daunting existence of a woman moved in closer on her prey. Her eyes blinked as he back slammed hard against the machine, hair jostling just around her shoulders and jawline. Small beads of sweat started to form on her forehead and just at the edge of her neck and collarbone.

The nervousness became clouded and mixed with kinds of torment and despair as just one jab, one comment, regarding her own existence came into question. Chris mentioned Aoi, and her identity. Mizumi barely recognized what she was talking about but it clicked after a small moment or worry washed over her mind. Her eyes peered at the corners, fearing making any eye contact with the demon at her heels. He feet were cemented to the tile while the small can of cider shook in her fingertips, falling to the ground and splashing solemnly against the tile. At most a couple onlookers glanced over, fearing what kind of situation was being undertaken as contrived as it looked.

"I... I don't know what you're talking about Miss Egao-- Err, Chris." Her eyes kept averted, backing her entire weight up against the vending machine, breathing heavy. "I'm sorry if I offended you or something, but I don't have any problems with you so..." Her voice trailed off once more. She was an insect in a large web, captured by the terrifying woman.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Some of those onlookers saw Chris and Mizumi talking, and they couldn't see the terror in the latter's expression while assuming the former had her usual smug grin. Thanks to this and how close they were, people were getting the wrong idea...

The evil woman contained her excitement well, giddy with the struck nerve that brought the mousy girl to sweat and drop her drink. "Ah, you do know what I'm talking about." That reaction told her enough. "What a brave soul you are, trying to put it all behind you and live your new life. It's easy, since no one else knows of your story or the things you've done..." Gradually becoming a whisper, she ever so slowly breathed. "But I remember~" Of course, despite being the hostess of the jester, she didn't know everything about Mizumi - only knowing that she used to be a mute... young lad.

"Would you like me to replace your drink? I can't help but feel bad, seeing that you're a little clumsy." That witch pretended as if every wasted bit of the apple cider wasn't due to her terrifying the girl half to death. Ignoring the apology, she slipped money into the large appliance, then lightly tapped a button while keeping her eyes locked on the seed. "Let's chat a little." Killer Queen beckoned, motioning toward a bench so they could sit down and... well, not relax, that's for sure. Besides, sitting meant it'd take an extra second or two to get up if Mizumi decided to try escaping her web.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sun May 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Mizumi slinked further into herself, slowly shutting up and trying to avoid any contact with Chris at all. Even just touching her skin might be deadly, the anxious girl thought to herself. As Chris hit the vending button and another can of cider fell into the slot, Mizumi nodded in response to the idea of chatting at the bench. Her eyes had glanced over to it, made very brief eye contact with Chris and then nodded again.

She plucked the can from the vending machine with her fingertips, slinking out of the web that Chris created and daintily trekked over to the bench, setting her weight on the bench as the frame creaked ever so slightly. Mizumi wasn't particularly heavy but just the unsettling feeling she got from Chris caused her to shift her weight ever so slightly to one side if Chris decided to join her there.

Mizumi throat felt tightly shut, as if she were reverting back to the way she used to be. The girl had shaken her confidence and it seemed that she all too quickly stole her voice as well. Mizumi clutched the pocket of her hoodie where her deck was, sipping her cider with a lot less vigor than she had earlier today when she walked in.

"Ok... Let's chat..." Her eyes on her shaking knees, the heel of her flats tapping against the tile anxiously.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun May 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Chrisaline watched her new toy take the drink and waltz toward the bench, almost seeming unsteady to the snake's eye. Others - employees mainly - wanted to know what was going on, as her wicked smile and the look on Mizumi's face when they got a little closer to the scene showed potential issues. However, the clan leader waved them off, shoo'ing them with her hand as if to convey she's still behaving. All she's doing is talking to the little mouse, spooked her a little but nothing major. They haven't even played a game, so she can't have done any damage with her powers. Besides, lord only knows what little miss cabbage would have to say about her "abusing" Void, causing Link Joker to have an even worse name.

Not that she cared.

Approaching the mousy lass caught in the spider's web, Chris took her seat nearby, promptly lifting a leg atop one another - crossing them and letting her silky thighs mesh comfortably. Of course, she took note of Mizumi leaning to the opposite side of the bench ever so slightly, and let the girl have her space. After all, Mizumi had been startled more than enough for the demoness to have made a very strong impression. "So, seed," the conversation continued with exactly what would likely make this even more uncomfortable. While speaking, Killer Queen's hand rested upon her leg while the other gently grasped her own wrist. "What have you been up to in your new life? What brings you to the Zoo Branch? Tell me some of what goes on for you."

As innocent as those questions were, how she started her dialogue was an unsettling means that would not fade so easily. Her smile signified the pleasure she took in Mizumi's squirming.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Mizumi felt the creeping doom lingering over her shoulders and in her chest, like a lead weight was compressing over her and making it harder to breathe. It was difficult to locate the words in her foggy head to say to Chris, whether it was because she was angry at what Chris had said or because she didn't want to face this part of her past, not here, right now, it made her throat close up and her brain shut off partly. It took her longer than normal to come up with a half-decent response.

"My name is Mizumi. I can't really remember why I'm here."

In essence, she was trying to retain her identity. Her new identity, the one that Amatsuki let her have. She wished the past away but that was part of the deal; memory of her previous life would never escape her thoughts because it was the life she had at one point lived. Maybe not in this body, or with this name, but with these feelings and this spirit. She gripped the fringe of her dress-skirt, looking down at her lap as she sat the cider can on the ground next to her feet.

"I think I wanted to see the building again after the event, or something..." She trailed off a bit, her eyes focusing in and out on reality. She shook her head, trying to ward off the incoming headache from thinking too much in this kind of heat. She looked up at Chris, eyes of crystalline searching for any semblance of courtesy, but all that was present was malevolence. Shame on her for looking at the best of people.

"What do you want from me, anyway? A fight? Picking on me can't possibly be that fun, can it?" Mizumi's voice was quiet but framed. She spent a lot of time thinking of what she was wanted to say before she said it, as to not give away how nervous she was by having her words waver.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

There were long, meaningful pauses between all of Mizumi's dialogue that were generously given to her by the devil in a skirt that listened calmly. The pressure must have been immense, as Chrisaline's presence was enough to topple giants with fear. Yet, with words twisted by the charming voice of a malefic witch, this was one of many ways for her to fuel her sadistic pleasures. A successful means, at that. Once the mouse had finished, the demon woman took a moment to think of her response, letting her eyes meet the girl's once again, knowing she found exactly what she wished wasn't there: evil.

"Little lost lamb..." Chris taunted the aimless wandering, creating an image in her own mind that portrayed many mall-goers pointlessly roaming about only to come out with nothing or meaningless things they would forget in days. Mizumi was one of those stray children with a nervousness only a youth looking for their mother could share. No thanks to the snake at the bench, naturally. "... Picking on you is this fun, actually." The bully answered with a smile, chuckling haughtily. "A fight could be nice, but only if you want it. I'm not overly interested in a game, seeing as I've already gotten quite the rise from you."

Indeed, through her strongest combo in Darkface, one was left in despair and misery in her wake. However, she didn't even touch the girl - let alone fight her - and got what she wanted. Instead... "I am merely curious. These losers that continuously approach me only to fall bore me, and your type interests me... Where would you like to go, what would you like to see? Where do you think you're going if you can't come to terms with who you were?" It was a guessing prod that Mizumi wasn't entirely over her previous existence, and Chris picked at it. Seeing the reaction she got, whether it be an accurate strike or simply the girl's timidity being exploited, it was obvious enough it bothered her. This brought the minx to keep pressing buttons, playing off of Mizumi not remembering why she was here or not sure on what she wanted to do here.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon May 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Normally, under any less astute circumstances, Mizumi would never become like this. So weak and yet so spiteful of the person in front of her for their words. She never judged people on what they said, but what they did, because she knew that if she was judged solely on her words alone then people would never know what she had really been like in her past. Her actions spoke for her more often than not, and it became this way because she never had words to speak in her past.

"Where am I going? I--"

There was a moment of silence, and strained anger building in her chest. The weight on her shoulders falling off as heat warmed her face. She drew her posture up, furrowing her brows as the flush on her face started to drawl into her regular complexion. She stared back at Chris, whose words were so evil that maybe it didn't even matter what her actions were like. Mizumi could not fathom what kind of person was so sadistically inclined to talk to her that way, alongside private knowledge about her life being prodded into. The only reason she hadn't stormed out of the building was out of fear for making a fool of herself in front of the rest of the Zoo Branch as the timid girl who can't take a joke. But Chris had crossed a very fair line about pressing somebody's buttons this time. Mizumi drew her case from the pocket of her hoodie, now holding it up.

"It doesn't matter, okay? Who I am now is who I really am, and who I was before isn't any of your business, Chrisaline. I'll prove that to you here and now."

Her eyes were fierce yet still scared. She was afraid to challenge Chris, to put her own pride on the line for the sake of a sick joke. But it wasn't the words that were hurting her, not alone. It was that there was more truth to them than Mizumi would like to hear. She didn't really know herself. She crossed a threshold that is inexplicably alien and even if Chris understood her, even if she was right about those things, Mizumi wanted to fight to prove her wrong because she was capable enough.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Chrisaline was having a blast watching her toy suddenly become enraged, having struck a nerve as desired. Her grin grew with a satisfied chuckle as Mizumi stood up, properly challenging the demoness to a game instead of timidly mentioning it. The drive in her eyes would make interesting to break, or perhaps more, as she was genuinely interested in the progress of a seed that pushed their second selves aside. Yet, the sadist could still see the terror in her prey's eyes, which prompted the predator to stand up as well, towering over the mouse with a haunting stare. "What a brave girl."

Taking the deck case attached to a strap at her hip, it was a silent gesture of acceptance. "However, child..." The woman began to sneer whilst moving to the fight table. "Who are you proving this to? Me, or yourself?" Killer Queen didn't seem to care who she was beyond the fact that she's a reincarnated seed - it was merely something to pick at. That's how the witch could gauge she was prodding at the right things, speaking the right words to tip Mizumi over the edge and bring about some growth in character... or some waning confidence just to be knocked down again.

Were it to be the latter, Chrisaline would truly be a disciple of the Jester's mantra.

"Let's play, little lamb."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Tue May 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Mizumi peered up through the roof of her vision, just barely looking at Chris before the fight began. What she said, about who she was fighting for, started to pierce her just a bit. Her anger was taking the best of her judgement without consolation. The battle commenced and began with a fierce trade of blows from the rear-guards, healing coming out on both sides without fail. Mizumi came out baring tooth and nail at Chris, settling on an offensive strategy and putting her in her place.

What she didn't know was that she had made fatal mistakes along the way that Chris was able to abuse from start to finish. It was like Mizumi's grasp on her deck was slowly fading and all of her tactics crumbled among bad calls. Trigger power put to the wrong units, alongside forgetting that her ace stride's effect wasn't end-all-be-all and forfeiting it's usage in favor of trying to simply obliterate her with critical triggers. None of which showed in a single drive check all game. Her throat started to close a bit.

And then, everything fell apart all at once.

Chris performed a Break Ride, stunning all of Mizumi's remaining rear-guards, alongside her Vanguard for a devastating push of advantage. To add insult to injury, she attempted to push Mizumi's face in the dirt with the same tactic she used against Seth during the Zoo Branch event. In an attempt to rekindle what little bit of pride she had, Mizumi flew down a Flag Breaker and perfect guarded the attack. There was no way she was going to let Chris have the satisfaction of tormenting her that way, not that low. It only got worse after that though.

Even as Mizumi avoided taking the brunt of that assault, there was no new Grade 3 in sight and she desperately needed one, because not only could she not attack with her current Vanguard this turn, but if she didn't ride a new one then even if she had strode it would have all been meaningless. In a vain attempt to look for the last copy of Scharrot Vampir in her deck, she started soul charging and drawing through cards until she thinned it down to the last four. She'd completely forgotten what she'd done until it was too late, leaving her with nothing left in the pile to count on. She soul charged two more, leaving it at the last two. No sign of Scharrot Vampir.

Chris snickered and jeered at Mizumi, pulling her heartstrings and plucking them as she pleased. The duress was nigh unbearable, until the point where Mizumi had all but given in. She looked up at the triumphant Chris who strode once more, attacking at her Vanguard directly. Even with the perfect guards in her hand, it made no difference. This game had ended long before it started. She checked the last two damage:

Scharrot was the final one to lay face-up in the damage zone, as well as the last card in the deck. Her eyes widened in a desperate horror, feeling abandonment in her chest swell and cascade. Chris made an offer, a deal, so to speak. Mizumi bit her lower lip, quaking a bit in her flats. She hung her head, fringes and bangs covering her face red with anger and sadness.

"Okay. Deal."

Her voice was a whimper, reduced to nearly nothing as she had been in a previous life.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Chrisaline - as a competitive player - could understand that she had gotten under Mizumi's skin, letting the sickeningly sweet taunts dig into the lass like nails scratching at a chalk board. However, she was all too familiar with these kinds of feelings in either seeing it or experiencing it, and she learned how to play off of her opponent's upset. To put it simply: Mizumi was on tilt. "Tilt" is an emotional state of mind players of any sort of game or people in an activity in which repetition of actions or strategies, or even simply trying in applying effort to something over and over does not work, resulting in understandable upset. Though, because of this state, people suffering from it play much worse and are more liable to make mistakes.

That's why it wasn't hard to feel the entire game was in the palm of her hand.

Dark Irregulars - being the home clan of Mizumi's original self - were expected. However, Chris raised a brow in seeing the Generation Break deck of the clan, seeing that she was moving on with the times... or perhaps pushing down her past some more? The haughty woman kept her smirk on throughout the fight, almost feeling like Varess except hers was a lot more condescending. In all honesty, it was a somewhat difficult matchup for Darkface - Megacolony in general really. Thanks to being Vanguard-centric and Darkface's boons coming a turn later, it was very easy to get blown up by Gilles de Rais.

And yet... Chris was very easily winning the game. She risked her Break Ride, opting to not get her draw power from Darkface and only from Sweet Cocktail instead, trying to face down the G Persona Blast of the demon-vampire clan with her own strongest combo. But it is here when Mizumi began to make several mistakes. She applied a damage trigger to her vanguard, making it a sixteen thousand defense...while the lone Machining Armor Beetle couldn't hit anyway, as it had no booster. This allowed Chris to hit Killing Dollmaster, who still wasn't guarded and this ended up hindering the amazingly strong guard restrict Stride from amassing fifteen soul. Then, Mizumi didn't see the technicality that Gilles could still gain a Critical, even without fifteen soul. However, Mizumi saw no Critical Triggers anyway... even so...

... The hostess of the Jester grinned, seeing an opportunity to guide the lost lamb.

As she explained numerous misplays Mizumi made, Chris unleashed her strongest combo after surviving and attempted to kill the game the same way Stun Beetle did against Seth... Unfortunately, something just as bad - if not worse - happened for Mizumi. Stun Beetle had been successfully stopped, but one of the multiple bombs of the combination had be set off, leaving the girl without a new grade three to ride with, potentially not being able to Stride either. And even worse on top of that all, the rampant soul charging left her without a deck to fight back with. Chris noted the deck looked even thinner than the tiny mouse.

The demoness' joy was breaking people with her persona - with her Vanguard - and she had done that and more to Mizumi.

Alas, Chrisaline is not an illogical being who solely desires the pain of others. No... "As a competitive player, I yearn for a challenge... Those mighty enough to defy me, only to be knocked down so I may grind my heel into them as they look upon me in fear.

I wish to be strong.
I wish to be feared.
I wish to my acknowledged.

That is why, building you up - as much as it doesn't seem to fit my character - is perfect. I can help you become strong enough to face your past instead of running from it... to make you strong enough to challenge me who steps all over you, so that I may have the chance to break it again. It is a good deal, yes? You get your chance to trounce me as much as I get what I want." To break a man, you give his heart 'hope' then you destroy it. The mantra of the evil clown loathed even amongst his own clan were words she lived by. Her guilty pleasure. "Huhuhu~" With six damage at Mizumi's side - the final damage being the final card in her deck: Scharhrot Vampir... The evil woman collected her own cards, reorganizing them and returning them to her case. Then, she approached the crestfallen prey, feeling the victory of a hunter that could only be felt standing at the apex. Breaking people, instilling fear, she was the queen and her very footsteps resounding make the ears of the masses perk up. Even so... a queen knows how to care. Smiling, Chrisaline draped an arm over Mizumi's shoulder. "Little rabbit, worry not. You're so cute... I can't help but want to help you, and that's what I'll do. I promise."
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Wed May 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Mizumi was like a small mouse, trying her best to outrun the cat. The prey and the predator. The beta and the alpha. She stared back with her anxious pools of blue. There was a strange sensation running in her body, something that spelled disaster and... strangely? Comfort. She felt a kind of creeping cold sensation, accepting the help of someone as vile as Chris and just purely mean as it were. Why did she say yes again? Was it her ability? Was it her knowledge? Maybe it was, and most likely is, her dominance. Her display is one thing, but the way she is so in control of herself is perhaps the part of Mizumi longs for in herself. She is only a ghost of who she used to be, yet to fully flesh out, and Chris contained a key element to doing that.

She peered up at Chris at her side now, an arm over her shoulder pulling her in a little. A few breaths in and out and Mizumi nodded, turning her head away and collecting her things off the bench. She pulled the cider up to her lips and sipped, but it was far more bitter than before. She gulped the rest of it down anyways, knowing Chris had paid for it and didn't want to invoke any more beatings today.

"I can find you here usually, yeah? Do I need your number or something to let you know when I'm coming? I don't want to show up... you know, like, uninvited or something."

She awkwardly scuffled through her sweatshirt, pulling out her cell phone and showing it to Chris with a page displayed for a name and number to be inserted. In essence, Mizumi had asked a girl for her number. The first time she'd been able to do that with a voice of her own, and with a completely different reason in mind than her previous self would've done it.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu May 10, 2018 12:15 am

Chris released Mizumi, taking her shoulder away and watching her new pet gather her possessions. Now, she had another layer of insurance to show she was behaving: she picked up her own understudy! Surely, the clan leader must be getting her act together if someone willingly comes under her wing... Unless she bullied them there, but her sickeningly sweet tone with Varess' smooth-talking would prevent people from digging into it. The evil witch would not go back on her word, of course, but Mizumi was as useful of a student as she was fodder.

This should keep the association off her and Varess for awhile.

Giggling quietly, plans within plans were already forming. It wasn't just this either, as with bringing up the reincarnated Seed as a worthy adversary, her power would increase through experience of battle. With that experience, she would grow, evolve, and be able to kill the illogical children of hope that infuriated her so at the event.

"Hm?" So caught up in scheming, Chrisaline had been lost in her own thoughts before hearing the little mouse squeak. "Ah... And here I thought I was going to have to ask for your number first. Yes, I can be found here usually. Show up whenever you'd like, I can take time out of my busy schedule for you, no need to call. However, it never hurts to cover the 'just in case'." Conjuring up her cell phone, Killer Queen went through the process of exchanging phone numbers, adding to the list someone who wasn't one of the Yamatas or a previous Reaper Drone. ... Something Gastor is probably going to poke at, to be honest.

"You're free to scuttle away now, if you wish." She said that as if Mizumi needed her permission...
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 am

After the short clicking of digits and a settled contact information, Mizumi took her new mentor's advice, giving a subtle nod as she tossed the empty can of cider into the trash and trotted off and outside the Zoo building. The tapping of flats echoed gently in the hall as she turned away from Chris and set out into the city afternoon again. After their discussion and fight, an hour or two had passed and it was only just breaking the early evening light. She sighed, feeling the tightness in her chest ease up a little.

Whatever she came to this place in search of was clearly not here. But she did find something else that was both terrifying and yet, oddly cathartic. The beating in her chest slowed down to a normal rate and the anxiety in her mind softened to a low hum instead of a constant ringing like before. She pulled the sleeves of her hoodie up a bit, feeling the little bit of sunshine over the horizon wear on her skin a little as she set out into the city. At worst, she left with wounded pride.

At best, she walked away with her new worst enemy. And better yet, they were on the same side... for now.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down