Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang) Empty Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang)

Post by Best Girl Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:20 am

After completing Hana's extremely difficult quest, despite not filling it to its fullest, she promised Aoi and Sakuya all the FICA they could earn from it. Excited, Aoi burst through the doors of Card Capital 2, happily rushing in toward one of the screen hubs as the others followed in. Hana was almost immediately bombarded by adoring fans of her work or getting to talk to the other members of her group, but she quickly shushed them by putting a finger to her smiling lips. "No autographs today, no requests, I'm here to relax." Isabella crushed the hopes of several who wanted to swarm her like they would any celebratory, but knowing her truth and reading in trivia books at how she was skilled in using a knife for combat... It did not seem wise to test the Espoir's patience.

Aoi sure didn't care though.

"Hana-san, Hana-san!!"

"I know, I know. A hyper one, aren't you?" Hana spoke her observation out loud as Aoi beamed. It was refreshing to see such earnest, childlike behavior. Almost made her feel like a big sister, and kind of let the feeling of being an adult in comparison sink in. Aoi watched closely as the diva closed her quest, transferring the awarded FICA to the two foreign country champions.

"Yes! See Jessie?! No problems!"

"I mean, you still lost, even faster than Sakuya I'm going to add."

"Don't rub it in!"

"You still did good. I'm glad you were right, meeting Hana-san has been a treat."

Meanwhile, Hana was still internally gushing over the honorific.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang) Empty Re: Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang)

Post by Dementuo Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Sakuya giggled along with the other girls, putting her hands together. "Come now, we all had a wonderful time together, and is that not the most important thing?" Sakuya chimed in, recalling Hana's words from earlier about the different ways she and her sister used the game. "I would love to fight both of you again sometime soon! Ah, and I would love a chance to fight with you as well some day, Jessie." She put her hand up to the Tachikaze player, shooting him a warm smile.

"Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself... Aoi, Hana, I'd love to hear what the two of you have been doing the past while. Having been away from home for so long, I'm still not quite used to all the changes that have occurred in my absence..." The girl gave an embarrassed laugh, putting a hand behind her head.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang) Empty Re: Usual Hangout Spot Selected (Hana and the Gang)

Post by Nova Major Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 pm

The pair of siblings walked through the door of the store, each one holding a burger and a soda in their hands. While Carlos looked like he was having the time of his life eating what must've been a gift from the gods to his mouth, the young girl didn't appear to be enjoying it as much as his brother. Not only the food, but the whole idea of being in a card shop. 'You see, brother' She spoke. 'While I appreaciate you taking me to eat burgers instead of something more traditional of this country, I just can't understand how a card shop could be a place of interest for any tourist'. Suddenly, the older brother felt so insulted by her comment that he stopped eating. 'I know you're a fan of card games and all, but shouldn't we be going somewhere else? I won't get a clear image of this country like this'.

'Victoria, this isn't just any card shop. It's Card Capital! 2' He said, thinking that saying the name out loud, emphasis on the number, was enough to convey how important that place was. It didn't work. '... I still don't understand. And shouldn't we finish our meals outside?' She said, minding how clean the floor was. 'That's very incosiderate from your part'. Hearing this, the young man devoured his meal like there was no tomorrow. 'Better?' He said after swallowing and taking a sip of his soda. '... Yes' Said the girl, looking how to cover her face from such embarrassment. In the end, she resorted to put the rest of her burger in her bag.

'Victoria, you're right. I basically could've chosen like any card shop on the area for you' The young man started explaining to his sister, noting that she wasn't very thrilled to hear what he said. 'But I figured that this shop could be perfect for you to get you started'. That confused the girl. Get started? On what? 'What do you mean, brother?' She asked, fearing his next response. Her brother just walked to the cashier and took some sort of strange device to her. 'This is your FICA, Vic. Welcome to the world of Vanguard' He said with a smile, handing her the device.

Victoria just stared the FICA, with a expression of surprise in her face. 'Oh, I see. You're so happy you can't even say anything' Carlos mentioned. 'That's a good start. I wanted to do this today so could have tomorrow to take on quest and stuff. It's going to be so much fun!'. For the young girl, it wasn't going to be any fun. Obviously she heard about the whole Vanguard movement going on in Japan. She only came there just because her mother asked her to stay with his brother for a few weeks. She already planned what to do during her stay: Visit some tourist attractions, eat lots of new and exotic foods, maybe study a little for the coming exams. But now it was all ruined. She looked at her brother right in the eyes, wanting to tell him no... But she couldn't. The look on his eyes was one of complete joy. She was imagining just how much that must mean to him. She couldn't just go and break that illusion apart.

'Wow. I just don't know what to say brother, apart from 'stop calling me Vic'' She said, feigning surprise. In the end, she resorted to just grab the device and stuff it in her pocket. It was a gift from her dear brother after all. In a way, he put all his heart into it. Victoria then smiled and proceeded to thank his brother. 'Thank you, brother. I really appreci-'.

'Wait a minute, isn't that Aoi? And isn't that Jessie?'
Said Carlos, interrupted her sister as he looked through the customers to the other side of the store. 'Oh my, they are! Hey! Aoi! Jessie! Over here guys!' He then called at them, waving. Taking her sister from the hand, he proceded to go where his friends were. 'W-Where are we going!?' Victoria asked, trying to free her hand. 'We're going to meet some of my friends! You'll love them, sis. One of them is even a national champion!'. The girl was mildly surprised about that, but she then remembered where they were.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 pm

"I wouldn't mind getting a chance to fight Oracle Think Tank, though I'm not sure I'd be much challenge." Jessie responded to Sakuya, rubbing the back of his head in a bashful manner.

"I've been up to a lot of things! Like training! And... more training! And- wow maybe I didn't do a lot these years." Aoi had to take a moment to ponder what she had been up to before and after the Messiah Scramble. It was a bit of a blur to her, and it showed considering she hadn't grown up any in personality. Still the same, lovable, hyperactive Vanguard idiot. Tilting her head, she pondered on the thought while Hana loading up the FICA points to Sakuya's device as well. They had been cleared for quite a fair bit from this quest, which probably didn't matter since knowing Aoi at least, she was going to try and tackle every event. Though, the gang turned at hearing Carlos' voice, which Aoi waved to excitedly. "Carlos!! Person I don't know! Hello hello! Ni hao!"

"Hey Carlos! It's been awhile!" The brunette welcomed his old friend as he and the new girl approached. Though, admittedly, he was a little more curious about the Espoir sister who watched quietly. Thankfully, Aoi ran right over to Carlos.

"Who's this, who's this?" Aoi inquired.

Meanwhile, Jessie approached Hana, who stared at him curiously. "Yes...?" Hana spoke, watching Jessie lean against the wall next to her to start the conversation.

"Could you tell me a little of what Bermuda Triangle is exactly? Aoi would probably toast me, but I figure you or Sakuya would be nicer about it. I've never actually seen it before."

"Oh... hahaha, so that's why you were so wide-eyed all the time. It's nothing to be ashamed of, Bermuda Triangle is more popular as eyecandy than a competitive deck, unfortunately. It means they'll always have the element of surprise - hardened veterans don't care to pay attention to it, and it's had a bit of a history making little impact. When they made bigger impacts, it didn't last very long."

"So what do they do? And what are they?"

"Bermuda Triangle is a clan composed purely of mermaids. No knights, no dragons, or anything else you'd expect. Purely mermaids. They have a lot of different decks with various focuses, ranging from ultra aggressive to wall defense. There's at least four decks out there, with one of them having Limit Break and Legion bosses."

"For a clan that's under the radar, that sounds pretty diverse."

"It does, doesn't it?"

Hana and Jessie shared a more calm conversation as the legendary Japanese champion taught the young lad about the unknown. Seeing Bermuda Triangle's prowess firsthand isn't the only thing that made him surprised, but he felt he could go into how intimated he feels around the girls later. For now, the diva was helping him feel a little better about himself, and so was Carlos' presence once the whole group gets talking more.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:18 am

Carlos was overjoyed to see his friends at the shop, and even more at the thought of finally introducing his sister to them. Victoria, wasn't so thrilled at the idea, as she's been with practically everything until now.  The young manAoi and Jessie were talking with 2 more people: The world class fighter Hana Espoir and the korean champion Sakuya Fagan. Yes, Carlos managed to researched quite a bit about the profesional scene of Vanguard after failing to recognize Aoi the first time he met her. The chinese champion waved at him with her usual energy and approached him quite instantly, while Jessie just welcome him like usual and then proceded to talk with Hana.

As Aoi inquiered about his sister, Carlos saw the opportunity to introduce them to each other. 'Oh, she's my little sister Victoria' He said, pushing her towards the lovable champion. 'Sis, she's Aoi Undyne' He said placing his hand in her shoulders. 'China's Vanguard champion and one of the first friends I made when I came to Japan for the first time. Isn't it cool that I got to meet a world-class fighter just like that?'. Victoria wasn't as surprised as she let out, but Carlos didn't appear to notice it. 'She even saved my life once' He added. While his little sister thought he was exagerating, the young man was recalling quite vividly the precise moment where Aoi pushed out of the way of an enemy attack during the Reaper Invasion.

'Come on, don't be shy Vic. Say hello to Aoi'. Giving Aoi a quick look, Victoria resorted to shake the girl's hand. 'As my brother said before, my name is Victoria. It's such a pleasure to meet you'. Carlos briefly left Victoria and Aoi in order to greet the other girls. 'Miss Hana, miss Sakuya, it's nice to meet you' He said. 'I've hear so much about you both, but finally meeting you in person is frankly out of this world'.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 pm

"Hey there!" Aoi greeted the young Victoria, who seemed the littlest bit overwhelmed or disinterested, but the gumball didn't pick up on that in the slightest. After listening to Carlos' introductions, Aoi took the girl's hand and shook it with an unnecessary abundance of enthusiasm. "So, what clan do you play? What's your favorite card? Have you played in tournaments? Do you want candy?" And thus came the happy barrage of excited questioning, offering the young lass one of her medicine gumballs that she had an infinite supply of.

In the meantime, the others spoke with Carlos while Victoria was going to be consumed by the omnipresent hyperactivity that is Aoi Undyne. "It's good to meet you." Hana returned his greetings, "I felt the same when I met Aoi and Sakuya here. Quite a few interesting people and players have appeared in my absence... Though, I think your sister may not be too into it." Hana felt the need to point out her observation of the girl's lack of enthusiasm. Though, that might be because who Victoria is talking to.

"You sure leaving her with Aoi of all people is a good idea?" Jessie asked, jokingly squinting his eyes with a crooked grin.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 pm

"A-Ahhh... Ahaha..." Sakuya put her hands up and leaned back, feeling a little overwhelmed herself. Two new people had just shown up, the boy named Carlos showering Aoi with praise while Aoi showered the boy's sister, Victoria, with questions. "Y-Yes, miss Victoria does look a tad intimidated by our bouncy little gumball..." She nodded in agreement with Jessie's comment, the Korean Champion next reaching a hand over towards Aoi. "Aoi-chaaan..." Sakuya cooed to her friend.

She pinched the overexcited girl's ear and tugged her away from Victoria in a swift motion, Sakuya still maintaining her calm smile. "Give our new friend a little space, dear. Please remember to contain yourself just a touch." She let go of Aoi's ear when she finished speaking, placing her hands in her lap. With Victoria hopefully granted the reprieve she clearly needed, the shrine maiden gave her a reassuring grin that radiated a comforting aura. "Please forgive her, miss Victoria, she's simply a well of energy. Let's begin from the top, shall we? Do you have a favorite card or clan?" Sakuya repeated Aoi's question with a much more composed tone, trying to ease the poor girl back into the conversation.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:44 pm

While a visibly unconfortable Victoria saw herself showered by a barrage of questions coming from Aoi, Hana greeted Carlos with the same kindness that he used before. The young fighter had some vague memories of her participating in the Messiah Scramble, but he didn't have the opportunity to talk to her even once by one reason or another. However, the joy of meeting such a legend was shortlived as the champion mentioned to him that maybe Victoria wasn't into Vanguard. This surprised him. He didn't, or maybe couldn't, notice anything wrong with her sister attitude. 'You think so?' He asked the champion. 'Maybe it looks like this because she's just getting started on the game. For example, I thought the game was stupid when I first got into it. Now look at me'.

When Jessie joked that leaving Victoria with Aoi even for a few seconds was a bad idea, the older brother turned his head to check on his sister. Of course, the younger sibling saw herself unable to answer any of those questions. She couldn't understand the last one before a new one came out. The korean champion, Sakuya, agreed with Jessie's comment, so she reached out to Aoi to tug her away by the ear from the poor confused girl. Ouch.

'Thank you miss...' She muttered with a slight sigh of relief. Apologizing on behalf of the chinese champion, Sakuya proceede to list the first question: Her favorite card or clan. Now, that was a problem. 'Eh, I'm sorry. I'm new in the game, so I don't have a favorite card or... Clan. did you say?' She replied with a confused look on her face. She didn't understand how the game worked and in what kind of context they used the term 'clan'.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:21 pm

"That is fair, interest in Vanguard may not be there initially. Next thing you know, it's a core part of your daily routine." The idol spoke softly, flaunting her wisdom and experience, keeping a charming smile as she watched the chinese champion's barrage go on until divine intervention - almost literally.

"Ow! Ow!" Aoi cried as Sakuya grabbed her by the ear, pulling her back some from Victoria. The gumball looked as if someone had kicked her puppy, nursing her ear while whining. "But I was being polite!" She justified her overwhelming pep. Besides, spending even ten minutes with her made it very obvious someone broke her excitement knob, stuck in maximum nearly all the time. Her friends chuckled and giggled while she pouted, lifting her arms up in a carefree manner and dramatically falling backward to sit on a chair. The dumb lass made noises of cute upset, but it was nothing to worry about. Hana pat her on the shoulder.

"Your sister is completely new to the game? Shocking, I thought Vanguard was all over the place by now." Jessie noted by the way Victoria answered Sakuya's more calm questioning.

"Think of it this way, you can learn of Bermuda Triangle around the same time as her." Hana whispered, taking a shot at Jessie's ignorance. He almost choked, not at all prepared for the deep cutting shade.

"H-Hey!" He hissed. "It's not like it was entirely foreign to me! They kind of remind me of my deck of Ancient Dragons actually."

"Tachikaze...?"

"Yeah, the deck balances offense and defense, kind of like yours. Though in a different way for more attacks and pressure. I was actually hoping to get a game in against you to see how the strategies measure up."

"Aha, you seemed so nervous before, but..." Hana smiled, turning to the rest of the group. "I hope you don't mind us playing while you all talk."

"Hold on, that's cheating!" Aoi said, jumping up to her feet. "I was gonna ask Hana-san for round two!"

"You just fought her! Get round two later!" Jessie yelled at the gumball.

"But best of three!!"

"Now now, Aoi. I can fight you again later, as he said."

"Blaaaah, I guess it's fine. I get to see Hana-san play some more." Aoi conceded as the two fighters went to a table, preparing.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:26 am

Carlos chuckled a little at Aoi's reaction to being pulled by the ear by Sakuya, while Victoria just stared in disbelief. 'How can my brother hold this girl in so high regard?' She thought, with enough reasons to think that. 'I can't even imagine her playing a children card game at world level. But I don't really know about card games, so what can I say'. Even though Hana agreed with him, the young man couldn't get rid of the thought of her sister just not liking the game. 'That can't be true, she accepted the FICA thing after all!' He thought, refusing to acknowledge that possibility.

Jessie was surprised to see that Victoria was new to Vanguard given the reach the game has nowadays. It was here when Hana comented that now both him and Victoria could learn about Bermuda Triangle at the same time. Of course, the young boy didn't expect that information to get out. 'Oh my' Said Carlos giggling. 'I didn't knew you were into those kind of things, my dear Jessie. But hey, I won't judge you. You're my friend and I'll accept you just the way you are'. It became hilarious when Jessie tried to explain that he was interested in the clan because how similar it looket to him to Tachikaze. Victoria was obviously confused at the strange names being dropped in the conversation. 'Bermuda Triangle? Tachikaze? I'm sorry but what does an urban legend and cutting wind have to do with any of this?' She asked seriously.

'No no, sis' Carlos tried to explain, laughing a little at her confusion. 'Those are the names of some clans of Vanguard'. That didn't help one little bit. The older brother stopped when he noticed that both Hana and Jessie were preparing for a cardfight. Aoi wasn't thrilled about this, as she declared that she wanted to fight Hana again. 'Oh, are you going to have a match? Perfect!' Carlos stated. 'Come closer, sis. What better way to start your way into Vanguard than by watching a champion?'. Even though Victoria wasn't interested in the slightlest on both the match and the game, she resorted to spectate to make her brother happy.

'I may be asking a lot, but could you explain the basics of the game while you fight?' Carlos asked Hana. 'I could teach her myself, but being taught by a great players sounds way better'. Again, Victoria couldn't care less, but she made sure to appear a little bit interested in learning about the game. Even the kind korean champion was interested in teaching her, so that was the least she could do at the moment.

Last edited by Nova Major on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:33 am

"Ah, you must be quite new indeed, if you're unfamiliar with clans as a whole. Well, here- Sit with me, and I can walk you through it all while Jessie and Hana-san here have their fight." Sakuya scooted up next to Victoria, leaning in to watch the fight between Bermuda Triangle and Tachikaze that was about to unfold. She made sure to focus her mind this time as well, not wanting to get lost in the image of Hana's fight while she was explaining the game to a newcomer. "Hana-san is right, though. I believe that anyone can discover a love for Vanguard. All they need is the proper trigger... Perhaps watching others having fun with the game might spark it in you, miss Victoria?" The shrine maiden smiled at the other girl, gesturing to Jessie and Hana. "I'll be sure to explain everything that I can, just make sure you listen closely! Now, let's watch this thing unfold, yes?"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:41 am

“Whoa, whoa, WHOA, HOLD ON!” Jessie reacted with comedic yelling at Carlos' words. “Dude, no! That's not what I'm interested in about Bermuda Triangle! Do I look like my brother to you?!” He didn't even have to think about throwing his brother under the bus – he just did it naturally. Bermuda Triangle probably has some perky, curvy blonde bimbo that would be right up Bashiro's alley, probably someone like Riviere. Hana burst into a fit of laughter, seeing how jumpy the brunette was at the accusation.

“Haha, sure, sure! We can get her introduced into the game.” The Espoir continued giggling, happy to bring Victoria's attention to the game through a casual fight. Even better with Sakuya explaining so they could focus. As their decks were placed on the table, they nodded to one another.

“Stand up, Vanguard!”
“Stand up, Vanguard!”

Hana vs Jessie began, and the difference made itself clear in seconds. Unlike Aoi and Sakuya, the brunette was clearly inexperienced, despite partaking in the Reaper Invasion. The idol watched him silently fumble a bit in his combo attacks, playing aggressively to take advantage of Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite. It was still pretty interesting for her to see an outdated deck played well enough to pass, as she didn't have too many chances to breathe. However, the fact that she still did have a few moments to breathe told her he can't keep piling on pressure. It very much doesn't help that Tachikaze has an underdeveloped G Zone, but Super Ancient Dragon, Pearly Titan was a decent first stride, making a big vanguard very quickly while tapping out one of the opponent's units. Alas, his clumsy division of offense and defense made Pearly Titan's big number more for show than anything, and she easily clocked him out with Twinkle Star Happiness, Pacifica.

In short, Jessie was very quickly floored. Not exactly the best way to get Victoria's attention.

"Ack..." Jessie winced, feeling very thoroughly defeated. Even worse since he put on a mediocre show, he felt. Not only did Sakuya and Aoi last longer, but Hana didn't spend nearly as much time analyzing him or his plays, nor did she spend too long thinking on plays. It was one thing to play on instinct, it was another to already have a full turn planned that didn't change at all from the opponent's strategy. "Damn, that bad, huh?"

"You are using a bit of a... dated deck. Legion isn't very popular unless it's a strong one." Hana responded, trying not to lay into him about his varying misplays or the like. While Hana didn't know much about Legion due to her... absence, she knew enough on it and the fact that it was a deck from the Break Ride era. "Spinodriver, Tyrannolegend, Tyrannoquake... they all paint the picture of strong combinations, but it's definitely back in the past where people didn't draw so many cards - mainly Perfect Guards."

"Well... this deck is important to me, so I don't want to just up and drop it."

"Could I know why...?"

"The deck is about my brother and I. We're a strong duo - we were an invincible duo when we were flying years back in the war." Jessie began to explain, going through the painful memories of the past to remember the moments when his legs were noted for their destructive kicking power alongside Bashiro's god-gifted fists. "We both played legions and he gave me this deck. I was represented by his Bigbang Slash Dragon and my Tyrannobite, while he was Bigbang Knuckole Dragon and Tyrannoquake. I don't wanna exactly live off of my brother's coattails, but I don't want to just discard his spirit altogether either." He continued on, staring at his Legion cards as he noticed Hana close her eyes. The diva listened intensely, heeding his words filled with heart - love for his brother. After a few moments of pondering and hearing him out, the navy blue eyes opened, casting their gaze upon the young man.

"That's very sweet that your feelings have been integrated into Vanguard." Hana spoke kindly. "However..." As she gathered up her deck, she stopped to bring a finger to her lip, her nail lightly grazing as she took a thought-provoked pose. "I feel... if you hold on too tightly to the idea of keeping your brother's spirit in your deck, it may impact your Vanguard negatively."

"Huh?"

"You may lose out on standing out as an individual."

"That's-" Jessie would've like to retort, since it is a bit of a sensitive subject. Other people held stuff like that in their playing, right? So what was the issue? ... Then, as he thought on it, the worry was a fair judgment and something worth pondering more on. The brunette was almost always around his brother in the war, and the one time he stood out, he was deleted to save Aoi. The other time, he lost to Sophie. Did he believe in himself as much as he thought he did, or did he believe in his brother's presence? "Huh..."

"Think a little more on it. That was a fun game, by the way." Hana added.

"I know what it's like for it to be kind of hard, Jessie." Aoi chimed in, her energy calmed from watching the game. Admittedly, Jessie's fight sucked, but she wasn't gonna say that to make him feel worse. "Considering breaking away from an icon, I mean. I have Maelstrom..."

"Speaking of, I thought you won China's Nationals with Ripples, usually." Hana noted, wanting to hear why Aoi's deck changed.

"I still have them. Militiades is my best friend, and Genovious is a cool dad kind of guy, but... Maelstrom is special to me too, in a way that I want to make it my own. But I haven't heard his voice, and I don't have his crossrides anymore..." Aoi spoke with surprising melancholy, staring at her break ride in hand. It was an avatar of inheritance and succession - one that came to connect with her beyond simply being the pupil of its original owner from another timeline. That connection is what made them stand out, but the blue storm dragon has gone silent for quite a long time, not even speaking in the Messiah Scramble.

"... You two are promising. I'm sure you'll find something out.” Hana encouraged the lost lambs, giving them hope through word and faith of the Princess of Cray. “The rest of you will as well, I have no doubt in my mind. The new generation this time around is a lot more chipper than my times, even the veterans are smiling here, and I'm glad. You ought to pay close attention to what the future could bring, Victoria, because this is only a small glimpse of Vanguard's essence.”
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:47 am

The zooms were good as Tamotsu made good time to Card Capital 2. It was always the first place he checked on his way home as it was often where he found the gang chilling out these days. Sure enough they were there, which was nice because while he could have ran a while longer it would have been tiring to try and track them down from there. But now the time of zooms was over. Now was the time of stealth. For he saw his boy Jessie but he was cardfighting and didn't want to interrupt.

Like the good boy he usually is, Tamotsu waited, just out of eyesight of the guests inside, and tried to gather what was going on with his boy. From the faces he could see it didn't seem like it was going well. But then the fight was over and the two were talking. But what was this? Jessie looked... sad. That was unacceptable. His boy was not going to be sad on his watch. Now it was the time of zooms again.

A gush of wind would be felt by the other guests of the store as a blue fur ball zipped past on a beeline to the Tachikaze player. "Jessieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" the excited call came that mixed in with a howl and other happy dog noises. The boy would be met with a tackle immediately followed by a barrage of licking and nuzzling.

"I got off work Jessie! You shoulda seen how many people were there today! It was craaaazy!" he managed to get out in the middle of his eccentric greeting. You'd think all the kids would have worn him out. But no energy always had a way of becoming infinite energy when it came to his family.

The Great Nature Clan Leader everyone.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:57 am

"Whoa, hey, hey!" Jessie had little time to react as the family pet suddenly jumped at him, knocking him to the ground as the pupper attacked the brunette with energy only Aoi could share. Someone had a good time at the Zoo branch, clearly. Hana looked over concerned while Aoi jumped up.

"Fuwatan!!" Aoi called for happily.

"Aaaaw, he's so cute! And... he's also the talking dog from the Messiah Scramble, ah." Hana went from excited to very curious. Initially, when she saw the canine was capable of speech, she... wasn't surprised actually? The Princess of Cray had held council with most of the planet's iconic units back in the day, and seeing how many things stirred from Vanguard, it was actually one of the least shocking things of her life. Unfortunately, that made her realize so many wild fever dreams had occurred in her life, she was positive a mid-life crisis would be on its way, despite her career. "Aaahhh..." Hana sighed wearily. "Well, um, who's this?"

"This is Tamotsu," Jessie introduced, still on the floor with him. "He's the family pet and the Great Nature Clan Lead-"

"His name is Fuwatan! It means fluffy~" Aoi interrupted and corrected her friend, who gave her a look of annoyance.

"It's Tamotsu."
"Fuwatan."
"Ta-mo-tsu."
"Fu-wa-tan."
"Tamotsu!"
"Fuwatan!"
"Tamotsu!!"
"FLUFFY!!"

The two squabble like children for a little bit before butting heads, arguing over the dog's name. Hana, being the responsible adult, pushes them away from one another. However, the two immediately turn to the pet as the idol does so.

"What's your name?!" They asked aggressively.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 am

A gumball and a fluffball is a recipe for too much energy in a single building, and the girl's cries only served to further excite the pup. At this point one could imagine him taking off into the air with how his tail was wagging about. Jessie was gonna have to fight to get to his feet again with all this going on. The girl that spoke seemed familiar. Something about the Messiah Scramble so he'd probably seen her somewhere. The brain wasn't exactly processing as usual at the moment though.

Now came the young dog's crisis. Both his name from Jessie and his name from Aoi had been used to introduce him. And now they were bickering as they often did as to which one was really his name. Each call brought a mix of happiness and sadness as he didn't want to side with either but also wanted to side with both. Eventually Hana split the two up but then they both turned and asked the dog what he felt his name was.

He looked at Jessie.

"It's Tamo-" he started but then looked at Aoi.

"Fuw-" he started again but then he looked at Jessie.

A few more attempts for both names occurred but he never fully committed to one or the other. He couldn't do it. The dog curled up behind Hana while whimpering, not wanting the two to fight over it anymore. There would be no answer either way. Maybe this girl could save him. She seemed nice. Smelled like she had a dog herself so that was a good sign.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:28 am

Sakuya's face lit up with wonder when she noticed the blue wolf leap onto the scene. It touched something vaguely familiar in the back of her mind, inciting memories of a name barely on the tip of her tongue. She recalled a brief interaction she had with... a man? No, it had indeed been a wolf just like this one, with the exact same clean coat of fur- Though it had been white, instead of blue. She'd shared a short conversation with the pup about the tangled history of the country's gods, and made a promise to visit the shrine Sakuya tended one day. Unfortunately, due to a number of extraneous circumstances, that promise had never been fulfilled.

But now, all those memories were flooding back into her mind, and the wolf's name sprung up from them like a geyser.

"Okuri? Could it truly be you?"

The shrine maiden approached the whimpering pup with gentle, deliberate steps, kneeling down next to him. She held her hand up, slowly bringing it to the wolf's head. She gave him a few tender pats at first, and then began to pet him, her fingers gliding across his soft fur. "My, it seems I'm not the only one who's grown... Do you remember me, Okuri? I promised to take you to see my shrine one day." The girl smiled down at the pup as she continued the petting session, her face illuminated by the sudden and unexpected reunion.
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 am

'Hohoho. Throwing your brother under the bus, I see' Commented Carlos after hearing Jessie response. It was just playful teasing, but the young man decided to drop it no matter how fun it was as it was clear that he needed concentration to fight against a world-class cardfighter like Hana. With the support of both Sakuya and her, the young man felt safe knowing that she had professional players teaching her the basics. Once the fight between Jessie and Hana begun... Well...

Despite his best efforts, Jessie lost in what appeared to be an uneven match. Some would go as far to call it a curb-stomp battle. Even Victoria noted how clear it felt that the balance was tilted to Hana's side during the whole match, knowing way to well that luck was also an important part of any card game. Carlos was reminded of the first time he fought Aoi and how fast he lost. He is still pretty sure that Aoi was holding back during that time. He could relate to how bad he must've been feeling at the moment. And, even though she didn't want to, Victoria also learned a few basics about Vanguard: How the clan system worked, the function of Grades in the cards and the basic structure of a turn, to name a few. The one thing she couldn't understand was... Why they were taking the game so seriously. To her, it wasn't different to any card game like Poker or Uno, the only difference is that this one had illustrations of scantaly clad mermaids and improbable mechanical dinosaurs.

The younger sibling saw herself even more confused as Hana gave some advice to Jessie about his deck. The brunette explained the bond with his brother and why that deck meant a lot for him. Carlos related to his sentiment quite quickly, also sharing an emotional bond with his cards coming from his late friend Arturo. Victoria, however, was puzzled about the 'war' he mentioned, among many other things the Jessie said. While everything Hana said was really deep and emotional, and some of those teachings could be applied in real life, the fact that all of this came up during a card game related conversation didn't sit well with Victoria. It was the moment Aoi spoke when Carlos and Victoria just lost the hang of the conversation.

Carlos undestood quite easily Aoi's situation with Maelstrom. He was going through the same with Recklessness Dragon. In the end, Hana finished her thoughts with encouraging words to Aoi and Jessie, big hopes for all the generations of fighters present, and a little advice to Victoria - That fight was only a small glimpse of what Vanguard really was, so she must be prepared for that the future could hold. Suffice to say, she didn't understand what she really meant with that comment. 'This is just a game... Why does everyone act like its similar to curing cancer?' She said in her mind. For a moment, she questioned the sanity of everyone around her.

Before any of the siblings could say anything, a dog came out of nowhere and tackled Jessie to the ground. This dog was licking and nuzzling him, and also... Talking? 'It can't be. It's...!' Carlos tried to say, but he was interrupted by basically everyone fawning over the canine. Jassie did the honors and introduced him to the gang - Great Nature Clan Leader, Tamotsu Hakaisha, but Carlos knows him better as Okuri. Like Aoi, Okuri helped him a lot during the Reaper Invastion, and he held the dog in high regard because of that. Obviously, his introduction led to a fight between Jessie and Aoi about what his real name was. The young man knew pretty well how horrible Aoi's naming sense could be.

That placed Tamotsu in a tough situation, not knowing which side to take. However, he was quickly saved by Sakuya, who surprisingly knew him from his time as Okuri. Carlos couldn't help but laugh at the scene. 'You just got saved by miss Sakuya, Tamotsu. You better be grateful to her and answer about those 'shrines'' He said jokingly to his friend, walking towards him in order to join the petting. The reunion was beautiful and all, but they were forgetting something. 'Long time no see, old friend. How're things going at Zoo?'.

'Brother... Why is that wolf talking?' Said Victoria, visibly frightened at the sight of a, well, talking wolf.

Last edited by Nova Major on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:14 am

Aoi and Jessie looked at the poor dog with such intensity, the tense air could be cut with a knife. They didn't mean to scare or intimidate him, they just had aggressive love for the pet, and he didn't even belong to Aoi. The serious gazes dropped when he ran over to Hana for rescuing, however, which brought them both to step to the sides trying to see where he was going. The idol laughed, crouching down and petting Tamotsu, or Fuwatan, or whatever he wanted to be called. "I was right, you guys are very lively." What a rowdy bunch that only kept surprising her with their energy and characters. It was nothing like the people she met back in the day, who became more dreary over time. Hana felt like a kid again, surrounded by other kids who were all up to daily antics having a good time. "I have a dog too, you know?" The diva added, continuing to gently ruffle fur until Sakuya approached, monolouging about the name 'Okuri'.

"Probably not as fluffy as fuwa-"
"Tamotsu."
"Would you shut up?! It's fluffy!"
"He's fluffy but that isn't his name!"

"You guys are gonna spook him." Hana interjected.

"Ah." The kids stopped, seeing that was probably why he ran over to Hana. They watched Sakuya speak to the canine spirit, and Aoi wanted to do the name correcting shenanigans again, but stopped in seeing that his original name and likely his original form... both had a significant impact on her that brought them to not interrupt. Jessie was confused and definitely had numerous questions, but allowed them their moment. They would allow Carlos his moment with him as well, and there was plenty of explaining to do to Victoria about a talking dog...

In the meanwhile, the shopkeep had turned on one of the television screens, not knowing what all the kids were up to aside from their shouting, which seems to have stopped. "There's an announcement everyone should see." He said, which got numerous heads turned. Hana and Jessie sat down in chairs while Aoi stared, still standing.

"Hello, wonderful people!" That's right, on the scene is your boy: Daisuke Oshiro, the prime minister of Japan. Like a news reporter of sorts, he sits at a desk with the blonde commentator who is at nearly, if not, every single competitive Vanguard event. Behind them, another screen with a spinning red V for the game's trademark. "Are you having fun with the opening of the new era?! I sure am! Quests are already going up faster than we can approve, and they're being completed just as quickly! If you're not seeing enough quests, they're probably not even loaded in yet! Hahaha, we apologize for technical difficulties! But, that aside! It would be boring if we left it all to quests - you all need ways to challenge yourselves to the LIMIT! You aspiring clan leaders in the making - branch directors in the making - perhaps even Grand Sanctuary seats in the making!! Behold, the lineup of each nation's starting events! We're looking to have multiple in several waves that will bring you all up to face the strongest and gain experience to become legends! Behoooooooold!!"

Zoo Branch Event
"Cardfight in Wonderland"

Explore nature in several climates, expose those disrupting the native land and leave your mark!

Magallanica Branch Event
"Search for the Black Scimitar"

Race to find the magical sword that reigned over the seven seas, completing the map to fortune!

Dark Zone Branch Event
"Paper Faces on Parade"

Participate in a gala hosted by demons, only to be sabotaged by the masquerade of a masked gentleman!

Dragon Empire Branch Event
"Path of War"

Team up in an effort to take down the territorial reign of dragons, including names of the strongest!

Star Gate Branch Event
"Mr. Invincible's Wild Ride"

A legendary name returns to Star Gate?! Test yourself against the re-affirmed might of a hero!

United Sanctuary Branch Event
"Road to the Chosen Sword"

Climb your way to the top, dueling against the elite black knights until reaching the queen at the apex!

"All events should commence in that order over the course of the upcoming days! Do you have what it takes to make it to the second wave?! I sure hope so! Until then, we shall meet at the last stage - the twelfth before a special announcement! See you soon, New Generation!"

The announcement is finished.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Hana's touch was something of a comfort as Jessie and Aoi bickered about what Tamotsu's name was. She confirmed his suspicion about having a dog. The nose always knows after all. But then there was this girl approaching him. She wouldn't stop using the name for the old him which had the pup slightly upset. But then she hadn't been around to find out a different name and how was anyone supposed to learn it amidst the name wars. He was trying to remember the person in front of him. The memory was there somewhere among the pieces of his old lives that he'd refused to put back together over the years. He'd long since stopped the effort of sorting them out since encountering rather painful memories surrounding Jessie and Aoi in the war.

But there was something. Something floating around. An older version of him talking with a girl who professed to believe in gods, and his challenging of whether they existed or cared if they did. She seemed different now but this was likely that girl as the promise she mentioned was present in that memory as well.

"Saku...ya?" he said tilting his head at the side as he put forth the name the memory seemed to hold. Carlos approached and quickly confirmed the name he had come up with which made him feel good he'd remembered it right. Though Carlos was with a new person. New person, new smell, new everything. He'd get to her in a bit as she seemed a tad scared.

"Zoo's great! Lotsa kids with a lot of energy. And uh... I think a lot of fighters signed up? I dunno, I didn't handle any of that really. Oh and the animals in the nature preserve are crazy and stuff. You guys'll get to see some of em soon at th-" he said about to go into the Branch Event as the shopkeeper called for their attention. It was the Branch Event announcement which listed Zoo's as being first.

"That first one!" he said excitedly. "You'll get to explore Zoo really well if you go to that." he said. The dog seemed to have calmed from the argument earlier in the wake of new people and announcements. Hopefully things would stay peaceful. He might have to take drastic action otherwise.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:27 pm

"So I... have a question about him." Hana spoke up after the announcement, referring to Tamotsu which got the attention of his owner.

"If it's about why he can talk, that's a long story-" Jessie was cut off.

"No... not that. From all of the things I've seen in my time, that's probably the least surprising thing." Hana said, bragging a little that she's been through plenty in her days of being a hero. Previously Cray's Vanguard before her disappearance, she was able to hold her head up high in claiming the supernatural was part of her everyday life. So, waving that off, she chuckled a little as she proceeded: "I wanted to know... how exactly did a talking dog become a clan leader?"

"... Uh." Jessie paused, a little unsure about the details himself.

Meanwhile, Aoi was screaming about events. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa! These names are cool! These events sound cool! But I promised I'd help out Magallanica, so I might not be able to participate like everyone else! Gaaaaah!! But I get a chance to fight strong players while going on adventures!!"
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 pm

'Which wolf? Come on, Vic' Said Carlos to his frightened sister, still seeing his old friend as a normal dog. 'Tamotsu is no wolf. He's a good friend of mine. Come over here and pet him. He actually likes that'. Victoria understandably refused to approach that strange creature. 'I-I refuse! That wolf isn't an hologram or an animatronic! How can you act like a giant talking blue wolf it's something normal!?' She said, now starting to feel terrified.

Tamotsu proceeded to explain how things were going at the Zoo Branch. Turns out they really have a petting zoo of sorts. Lucky bastards. DE only has heat and a bunch of crazy people running it. The best people in the world to him, but whatever. However, the canine's explanation was cutshort by a sudden announcement on the shop's screens. This drew the attention of a lot of people on the shop, including Victoria. After all, it was really strange to see none other than the prime minister of Japan anouncing something related to a card game. The commercial was simply about the coming events to be held at the Branches, with the canine showing excitement that the first event was to be held at his branch.

Hana spoke after the announcement, showing interest in knowing how Tamotsu became a Clan Leader instead of how he could, you know, talk. Reading the context of the conversation, Victoria understood that a Clan Leader should be how they call the best user of a clan in the game. But declaring someone the best in a game where luck acts like an integral part of it confused Victoria even more. It wasn't logical. 'E-Excuse me, miss Hana' She stepped up. 'I know that hearing the story of how an animal became a 'cardfighter' can be quite interesting. But I'm more interested in knowing how that... Wolf can talk' Victoria said to the champion, inquiring on the story of the canine.

Carlos, however, was just staring at the screens even after the commercial ended, ignoring everything around him. He knew he screwed up big this time. He totally forgot about his work nearly all day. 'I'm a dead man...' He said. 'I'm a dead, unemployed man...'.
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Sakuya kept on petting the wolf, relishing the sensation of touching his fur. She was glad he remembered her, but just from observing his few interactions with the others here, it became obvious just how much he'd changed since their first meeting. Back then, he'd come off as being a bit bitter about the world, especially when he'd challenged Sakuya's faith in the gods. Now, he seemed to be in much higher spirits, exhibiting a great deal more positive energy than before. She first thought he'd simply changed a lot in the past five years, but Sakuya realized that this might have been his true personality all along, and it had simply been covered up by the weight of the war.

Realizing she was likely overindulging herself in petting Tamotsu, Sakuya stood back up and brushed herself off. "It's wonderful to see you again, ah... Tamotsu is your name now, from what I gathered? Perhaps we can make good on our promise in the near future, and I can show you around the shrine." She re-established her long-overdue offer, showing the wolf her signature warm smile.

But it was at that point that Sakuya heard the recent broadcast, sounding off the upcoming events that would be taking place, with the Zoo branch's first event starting it all off. "Oh, perhaps that will have to wait after all... I wouldn't want to miss one of these events, especially if my friends are planning on joining too." Sakuya glanced over at Aoi and Hana as she spoke, catching Aoi's overly-loud comments about how she might not have the opportunity to get into each event. "Don't worry, Aoi, we'll attend as many as we can together. If you end up not being able to go to one, then I'll fight twice as hard in your place!"
Dementuo
Dementuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 pm

It felt like there was a lot going on. People were processing the events announcement, Sakuya wanted to go somewhere at some point, Carlos' friend seemed to really be panicking about his existence in general, and Hana as it turns out her name was wanted to know how he became a clan leader. What to respond to first? Tamotsu's tail picked back up some of its intensity from earlier as he circled around Hana and sat his rear end down near Jessie. He nodded subtly at Sakuya's question concerning his name, making sure Aoi wasn't watching for fear of igniting another session of the name war again.

With that settled, it was probably worth disarming Vic's concerns next. That's what Carlos had called her anyway, he wasn't sure if that was her full name or not but it didn't really matter. "I can talk cuz a long time ago a different me listened to humans a bunch and figured out how to do it. So now I do it!" he said while panting. A true beacon of innocence, at least given the present company. "That probably doesn't make sense." he said as he wrinkled his face some while trying to think of something. But nothing was gonna come of it. Speaking had been second nature for him for so long it was difficult to remember the process of learning language. That and those memories were still in pieces in his mind. Bit difficult to pick up and put together on the spot.

"As for how I got the clan leader position," the dog started while turning to Hana, "I could ask the same of you Miss Bermuda Triangle clan leader." he said with a sly expression on his face. If Hana was indeed the name they'd used this had to be Hana Espoir who he'd heard was a clan leader over in Magallanica. "But anyway, someone from the association came up to me one day and was like..." he said then trailed off. Something else caught his attention.

"Oh right, I need stuff! Jessie I need to get stuff for the event on the way home! Don't forget, we gotta go to the store." he said, passing the burden of remembering off to his boy. He was likely to get caught up in something else and forget. Like how just here he'd completely forgotten he was explaining how he got his position. There seemed to be little anyone could do to get him back on that topic as he began tapping at the floor with his front paws while sitting up thinking about what he needed. Clearly someone was involved with the first event and was a touch too eager to get ready for it.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:10 pm

"FUWATAN!" Aoi shouted from across the room to Sakuya, correcting her.

"What did... you do?" Jessie looked at Carlos, seeing him sweat like he was in for the dropkick of the century. It must've been quite something, maybe even more ridiculous than the one Karin did at Isle Jigen. Honestly? The brunette was nervously sweating for him, highly concerned from his words... because Bashiro sometimes does the same thing when people are angry about drink money.

Kids aside, Hana looked toward Victoria, hearing her curiosity and realizing this must've been quite the... introduction to a colorful cast of strange people. Though, the princess smiled, trying to ease up the mood a little. "Is it so strange he can talk? I've been teaching mine how to. She's getting good at the trick, you know!" The bluenette tried to justify Tamotsu's speech, talking about a fun action that is one of many in any dog's arsenal. Though, she laughed a few moments afterward. "I'm kidding," she spoke in jest. "My dog can't be as articulate as their pet here, haha... But I assume it's a long story." From the way Sakuya addressed the wolf spirit, it was most likely some sort of lengthy history that led it to know the shrine maiden and integrate as part of a young boy's family. But, she was a lot more interested in what the association thought of the matter, and Tamotsu's responses were about what she expected. Complicated reason for talking, and then he shot the question of 'how are you a clan leader' to her. It was a fair return, considering how long she had been gone from the Vanguard scene for... unique circumstances. "Well, you see-" Hana was cut off by hearing Aoi run back over to them and Tamotsu talking to Jessie.

"Huh?" Jessie looked to his pet, confused. "What do you need from the store?"

Meanwhile, Aoi turned to Sakuya upon hearing her energetic cheer. If Aoi couldn't participate in one event, Sakuya would play twice as hard to make up for her spot. "Sakuyaaaa!!" She clutched her fists, holding them up and shaking, like a kid on a sugar rush. "I'm counting on you at the Magallanica event! And as for the rest of you, we need to get ready and meet up at the Zoo branch when the event starts!"

"You are way too into this. What the heck does Zoo's description even mean?" Jessie squinted his eyes, the more realistic skeptic half of Aoi's blind optimistic one.

"Who cares?! Gotta win 'em all, we'll figure out when we get there!" Aoi retorted.

"My generation doesn't get a lot out of it," Hana began, chuckling. "But it does sound fun to simply keep hanging around you guys. I'll look into it too, if I can make room in my schedule. I have to be there anyway..."

"Why this, Hana-san?" Aoi inquired, tilting her head.

"The group I perform with is going to be there for promotion's sake."

"Group you perform with?"

"I'm an idol-"

"YOU'RE AN IDOL?!"

"Are you an idiot?" Jessie asked, mocking her as he knew the answer was obvious.

"No bully!" Aoi hissed at him.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:21 pm

"Stuuuuuuuuuufffffffffffffffff" Tamotsu said in reply to his boy's questions, turning it into a howl in the process. As it happened, Jessie's curiosity as to the details of the event was the perfect tie in to the stuff he needed.

"I can tell you all about it! Well not all all but more than the ad said. Zoo's got a huge nature preserve out behind the building and it's got a bunch of different habitats for different kinds of animals and plants and all that. And you guys will have to run around and find the branch staff to fight! But the trick is we'll all be dressed up like animals!." he said as if this was dramatic and worth a pause.

"So you can mess around with the staff or come and find me and the other clan and branch leaders for the real deal. It's like being an explorer but with cardfights!" he said while getting more excited as he went. "Oh and there's like, something about being able to maybe fight Rikuto too. Dunno exactly how that works out but it's there." he said, not giving the opportunity to fight the leader of the Branch nearly as much weight as the staff dressing up as animals.

"So I need stuuuufffff to dress up, Jessie." he said while whimpering a bit. He had it all planned out in his head how he was gonna do it.
Doggy
Doggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next