Derp Squad Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umano Underground Slums

+13
Best Girl
EternalDollie
Megumin~min
Nova Major
NoelKusanagi
Cipher
Rosalia Izanami
ZanKisaragi
BluishOver
Rawkobo
Lightning King
Xateramusa
Dementuo
17 posters

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

Umano Underground Slums - Page 32 Empty Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by NovaRaizer Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Darren raised his hands as a sign he wouldn't touch her after his hand was smacked away. He wanted to help her but he knew she would never let him touch her. He wasn't even going to try any more than the initial showing that he wanted to assist her. Hearing her doubt herself made him frown. What reason did she have for thinking that way? She must really have not known what she had done.

"You did a lot more than you know," he said to her lightly as he looked down at the base from their vantage point. "Not only did you give them hope with your amazing battle, but you had enough strength to crack the skull of a Reaper. Haruka wouldn't have been able to finish it, no one would have been able to, if you hadn't done that." He hadn't seen what had happened with his own eyes, but it was the talk of the base for the time he was around. He took a look at his hand for a moment, then gave a sigh. Her talk of the Reverse energy made him wonder if he could do anything, or if he should tell her.

"Noel... there's something I gotta get off my chest..." he said as he looked down at his own feet. "I've probably changed a lot, huh... Growing up doesn't really cover it. The Seeds, the origin of the Reverse energy given form... That was what Malice was made of. He had 3 in total... and when he was defeated... only one left. I still have two inside of me. That's why... I don't have a Reality Bangle. I don't need it. You are worried about your Reverse energy and here I am... not even sure if I'm human anymore..."
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:57 am

"What?" Bashiro, not comatose from being piss-drunk, responded to Aoi's innate inquires about... Aoi things. Blue Dragon? Cyan? No picture of Cyan? Dead people talking? Nope, the brawler had pretty much no real answers for any of that mess. Jessie didn't either, but still whacked his brother over asking about Cyan's looks. He can't stop being shallow for three seconds, even when a girl is asking him about something serious and distressing. The white haired boy apologized for this idiot, and the eyepatched thug even apologized about it too, then suggested seeing one of the nearby doctors. Though... Aoi didn't expect much from them.

The air seemed charged with panic as the Chosen Sword quickly arrived at base.

"Status report, now!" Yukino shouted, stopping in front of several soldiers who were monitoring areas and Reaper signals.

"C-Commander..." One of them was sweating bullets, the other one was cringing and so fearful-looking in his expression, one would think he actually was hit with a bullet. Exculpate took a look at the monitors, and her eyes began to bulge out of her head. "There's... three- four Reaper signals coming from Shop Handsome...!"

"Wh-"

"And we picked up a fifth... It... might be Sovereign."

Yukino was in awe but also completely perplexed. Wasn't Shop Handsome their HQ according to Sophie?! What point was there in just demolishing it? Harbinger hid in plain view, but it's not like the Resistance could go there without serious repercussions, seeing as the armored titan was invincible, and it'd be a futile siege. So why? Why five Reapers?! No, no no no, panicking and not moving is exactly what the horrorterrors want out of them. "Tell everyone this is a critical emergency! Get every last soldier possible moving, and get every last civilian you can away from Shop Handsome! We can't let the Reapers do as they please, even if they're beginning to swarm!" The commander shouted, and alarms blared with the highest level of threat possible.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

https://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:38 am

At that moment, Darren's head pulsed. He placed his hand onto his head due to the pain as Sin Buster appeared. Its true that Noel was there but it seemed there was something more important.

"Reapers are attacking. It is more than ever before! We have to go now before it causes harm!"

"What'd you say?!" Darren said before he jumped to his feet. It only made sense that they would strike now. Humanity just got a huge victory. That wasn't something that Sovereign wanted, not even mentioning Tomato Head herself. "Where are they this time?!"

"The location is Shop Handsome."

"There, of all places?! Guess it makes sense they'd jump ship. Since I've around and they captured a Drone for a while, they'd definitely switch bases by now. Guess we're cleaning up after em."

Sin Buster lowered his hand. Darren turned to Noel, taking a sigh as he grabbed her hand. "Kick my butt for this when the world's in one piece, but this is the fastest way there!" he said to her as he pulled her onto Sin Buster's hand.

Before there was time for objections, the Metalborg began to fly, heading for the direction of Shop Handsome. "Guess its time for me to do what I do best... fighting the bad guys. Funny, I wanted to be a hero, but I guess I'm more of a weapon then anything."

With that Darren flew off on Sin Buster, holding onto Noel as she went with him.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm

The Super Dimensional Robo stopped at the Resistance Base. He set everyone down gently just outside of the Medical area. Darren jumped down to the ground, looking to the floor as he felt the emptiness of this place. Hana had improved Umao to the point that people came back here and Yukino made this place into the Resistance HQ. They were both gone now. Looking up, it was plain to see that people who heard the news were already worried. How do you put a positive spin onto this?

"Its not over, you know..." Daikaiser said to Darren, sensing his concerns.

"If it is for them, what can I do? Can I really fight for people who won't fight back?"

"Maybe they need some convincing..."

"Maybe... Later, when others arrive. Besides, I'm not the voice of humanity. A human should really be doing that."

"Since when aren't you human?"

Darren placed his hand onto his chest at that question. "Since a Seed warped my body and gave me these powers... I don't even need a Reality Bangle to fight these monsters. How can I be human when my body almost destroyed..."

He was stopped by Kaizard, shrunken down to his Grade 2 state, punching him in the face. "Is THIS the Vanguard I came back to? I don't think so! What would big blue say if he saw you like this? Human or not on the outside, you've got a heart and soul no different from everyone else! Start using it!"

Darren placed his hand on his cheek, the place he was punched. Being smacked in the face with a metal fist should have caused a lot more damage than it actually did. Another sign that he was more durable than a human. He let out a small sigh and closed his eyes. "You're right... If Yuki or Daiyusha saw this, I'd probably get my butt kicked. Kaiser... we're gonna kill some invincible Reapers."

NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Mon May 02, 2016 4:39 pm

The Kaiser walked into the slums, one of his eyes having a near black iris and the other glowing eerily. He looked around at the resistance members that had gathered at the headquarters, most of them in despair. Their leader was gone. Hope had appeared before them only to be immediately erased. Infuriated, the Kaiser leaped onto the top of a nearby building.

"Everyone!" the Kaiser shouted at the Resistance. "Are you content with sitting around like this!? Are you content with letting what just happened be in vain, letting these monsters win!?" No one seemed to react to him. "You mongrels dare insult your leader by just giving up without her!? Even if she's gone, she still left us all with something. She showed us that the enemy isn't invincible! She gave us a chance! If you won't take this gift, then leave the Resistance. Flee. Flee like the coward you are. I, Cero Kirguis, the Kaiser of Vanguard, will take the reigns where Yukino left them! I will lead the fight against the Reapers if none of you can dare to take on such burdens yourself!"

The Kaiser was infuriated by the thugs below him. As he kept shouting, he felt his own body deteriorating. He had been pushed too far beyond and was continuing to tap into a power beyond what was beyond his limits just to speak. Cero wasn't going to let humanity give in. Even if no one else was willing to fight with him, he would defy until his last breath. Even if just the act strained him to the point of death. Nothing was in vain. They had been given time. They had seen an invincible enemy harmed. They had a chance. Even if hope was lost, Cero would find a way to become humanity's new Vanguard in Yukino's place. For his own pride, and for his rival.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Those masses of soldiers that returned to Umano were ones without answers. Except... Bashiro. Unlike these nameless grunts, he had a large number of things he wanted to scream and shout. He wanted the blood of alien gods who stole away his family, and he also wanted to apologize to God over and over for being a worthless pile of garbage his entire life. The sleazebag regretted everything about his lifestyle, if only because karma stole away his brother. HQ was quieter than ever before, some sobbing, some distressed whispering. What were they going to do? Humanity just lost one of the bravest and loudest leaders it ever had. If that woman who commanded them wanted to give up at some point, but kept fighting anyway, what the hell did some of them even have left?!

Bashiro heard a number of them considering quitting, thinking of joining Cero's training program just to get the skills to live. Not only that, but he was just as loud as Yukino. Maybe not as compassionate, maybe he wouldn't learn all of their names, but he's still better than anyone else. Better than a world where they have to fend for themselves instead of listening to someone.

Spineless grunts. Cero was right. They're all insulting the Chosen Sword's death. All they knew how to do was follow a loud voice.

"Ey... Bashiro." One of the thugs approached the brawler, who was very clearly not in the mood. "You uh... w-want some drinks?"

Is he serious?

Bashiro took a moment to process the utter stupidity of that offer, then grinned. Oh, he grinned like a complete idiot, and started giggling. That chuckling turned into booming laughter, then mad cackling, as if he lost his mind entirely. He gripped his head with one of his hands, laughing maniacally. The other sleazebags were... frightened by this. They knew Jessie was gone, but they were still offering to try and... help. Help the only way they really knew how, and Bashiro didn't give a shit. "You think... I want a drink, after watching my only family and boss lady get totaled from existence? Y'know, because I love drinking my entire life away since I got nothing else?" The brawler's tone was still giddy, but the unadulterated rage was seething very, very clearly. Those fools nodded to say "yes", then Bashiro slammed his fist into the wall, putting a hole in it, and kicked a metal chair. "I DON'T WANT ANY DAMN DRINKS!" He roared, turning his back to the thugs. Forget home, he didn't want a home that Jessie wasn't there for. Just get out of the Slums, it's pointless being here.

"B-Bashy...?" Aoi quietly called to the departing thug, her tears still dripping from her eyes. She had been crying out of fear and regret the whole way back. Bashiro wanted to make her feel better, but had no patience for it.

"Not now, sweet-pea."

"Where are you going....?"

"Who gives a shit?"

"... I-I'm... I'm sorry... It's my fault... If I was paying more attention to my surroundings, Jessie wouldn't have-" Aoi was struggling, stammering through her words before she shrieked as Bashiro aggressively grabbed her by her shoulders, squeezing them.

"Don't you ever say it was your fault!" Bashiro yelled at her, scaring her even more. He didn't want to do that, but he was so mad, he couldn't hold anything in. Anything that wasn't tears, anyway. He had yet to start crying, and honestly, he didn't want to. He didn't want to be a stream of waterworks. The desire to find an answer to "what do we do now?" was strong, but only to not disappoint his brother. He sighed, annoyed and apologetic, and let her go, walking past her. "Listen to me", he turned around, walking backward. "The only people at fault here are those Reaper assholes, and me for letting Jessie into crazy shit like this. Not yours. Got it?"

Bashiro was gone, and Aoi didn't know to go after him or not.

He regretted ever coming into Yukino's stupid war. Or, at least, he regretted letting Jessie come into it.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon May 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Darren turned to Cero and heard his words. He didn't really have right or reason to lead the Resistance, not that Darren thought himself better for the role. If anything, someone like Haruka would be best served leading them now. That said, he was technically not a part of the Resistance to begin with. He had done things on his own all of this time and it probably wouldn't change now. He cooperated with the Resistance because Yukino and his friends were there. Things like this, he didn't have a reason to get involved.

"You really gonna let things end like this?"

Darren closed his eyes at the thought. He could do something, he could walk away now and seclude himself. He could leave them in Cero's hands, or anyone else who wanted the job. It wasn't like Darren wanted to lead anyone. He wasn't even human.

He shook his head before taking a step forward. The Super Dimensional Robo held him up to the sky. He wanted everyone to hear what he had to say. "The battle that was started is not over! A strength beyond what we have was shown to us by my big sis, and that strength broke through the armor of their Leader! It made her bleed! I understand that you are afraid, worried that the one who leads you is gone! No one should have to tell you to fight and live! This is a battle for our futures! For us, for our families... For Vanguard! If you humans don't want to fight, then someone who isn't human can finish it for you, but if you want a future that Yukino can return to, then pick yourselves up and let's find it!"

He took a breath after that. He wasn't trying to be a leader, but everyone needed to perk up. A power beyond human limitations, the power to Stride. He would have to find the one who had that power, that Time Man who gave it to Yukino. That would be for later. For now, he needed the others to prepare to fight with him, otherwise he would have to battle alone. Anyone who wanted to run was free to do it, but Darren, atop his giant fighting robot, would defend their futures.

He soon came down to the Earth, giving a sigh as his eyes were purple as if it was permanent.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King Mon May 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Fubuki had gone with Aoi into Umano, though reluctantly. She stood by as she watched the eye-patched, who she now knew was named Bashiro, shout at Aoi. Her gaze turned towards the two people who tried to be motivational speakers. Neither of them really made her feel any semblance of "motivated." Fubuki hugged Aoi, feeling guilt herself. She had watched the person she hated most in the world vanish from it, she should've been happy. Ecstatic. This had been what she had wanted for so long. Yet she just felt empty. Cyan had been avenged, Yukino was gone, Haruka would suffer, but no sense of joy or accomplishment came from it.

"I'm. . . Going too, OK?" Fubuki said, and started walking after Bashiro.

Cero looked towards Darren. The man had just repeated him, only really adding in the stereotypical bonds crap. Whoever this was didn't seem to want to take over as leader, but he had the right idea. The less people that gave in, the more likely others would rise up as well. The Kaiser thought the "someone who isn't human" was in reference to himself, completely unaware of Darren's situation.

One final call was given to the attended resistance: "Those that will follow under my banner, assemble at the training facility!" And with that, Cero left the slums to await the decision of the people.
Lightning King
Lightning King

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 pm

Aoi felt Fubuki's hug, but it felt cold, too cold. Like she was stuck in ice - a human popsicle. Aoi decided that she might play Kagero or another heat-inducing clan in the future, as her body yearned for warmth and solace. It wasn't that she was turning the Ripples away, she just... she just wanted everyone's warm smiles to come back. The entire world around the gumball felt like a frozen tundra, and time stood still, capturing everyone with their despair-riddled faces. Faces that looked so familiar... she didn't want to look anymore.

Fubuki left. Not only that, but a number of soldiers were leaving with Cero after hearing the Kaiser and Darren speak. They didn't know about continuing the fight or finding their own reasons to keep going, but at least some one would lead them. No one should have to tell them to fight and live, but having someone to do that was relieving. Someone courageous and brave like the heroes - like Yukino and Blaster Blade. Titans and braves like those... Those grunts were just normal humans, no talents for war or superpowers... So hearing voices of reason...

They naturally followed it blindly.

Aoi departed too, but not to join anyone. Instead, she hugged her arms, trying to stow away the cold, frigid earth.
Best Girl
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon May 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Darren sighed as he watched everyone go. He took a moment to look down at his deck. He wondered what he should do. It needed to be ready to fight Reapers if it came down to that. He looked up, seeing the girl from the tournament and the battles. Aoi, was it? She seemed sad in her own way.

"I guess saving the day starts with cheering up one girl."

Darren shook his head to the comment, walking up to Aoi as he tried to call out to her. "Hey, Aqua Girl!" he called out, but wondered if he should actually follow. Shaking his head, he decided to follow after her.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Noel was there, leaning against a wall silently listening in to everything. This fight against the Reapers went downhill really quick. Yukino is gone... I never thought her off all people would get deleted... idiot! Why?! Everything seemed dark from here on. Without a leader, without someone to guide them all to find the light within the darkness that the Reapers are unleashing, what can everyone do? The entire base seemed lost and those who fought the Reapers are mixed feeling sadness and anger due to how powerless they all have become.

"Unless we find ourselves a new leader... everyone's will to fight will be gone..." Noel said quietly to herself. Their small victories against Hydra and Chimera plus others that were managed to get beaten mean nothing now. Yukino is gone and if everyone gives up hope, then the Reapers will win by a landslide. She looked up and stared at the sky, "If only Salome was here... she would know what to do..."
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/beautifulcecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer Mon May 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Raiden gave a sigh from his seated position on the ground. Of course he had seen and heard everything. While he was resigned to his fate of deletion, he was never actually knocked unconscious. Everyone seemed to be splitting off. If this continued, the strong force that opposed the Reapers would be weakened bits, easily picked off. The bonds Yukino created were breaking.

"If Salome were here..." Raiden said as he placed a hand on the back of his neck, stretching his neck out a bit. "... she would lead her allies into the battle and make sure they were protected. Isn't that right, Noel?" His voice had as much despair and woe as anyone. He was desperate to see these people stand again.
NovaRaizer
NovaRaizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon May 02, 2016 8:09 pm

"Sorry Jessie. I couldn't avenge you properly...". With those words, the young man fell from the sky after being knocked down by the Reaper 'Legion'. The last thing he remembered from that fight, besides pushing the twin Reapers for a good portion of their battle, was being caught in the air by a large mechanical bird. He fainted from exhaustion not too long after that.

When he woke up, he was back in the slums. Again, he was bandaged and patched up thanks to the efforts of the few remaining doctors in the place. He quickly left the infirmary, looking for Hikari or Haruka or Bashiro or Okuri or someone who could fill him in He only found of the worst scenes he's ever seen - The whole resistance in silence, weeping, whispering... Defeated. The place wasn't full of life before, but certainly the air was different. Everybody lost someone in the past few battles with the invaders. He thought he was lucky to not have any of his relatives with him... But the feeling of losing a close friend, like Jessie, was something difficult to deal with. Thinking about how should Bashiro feel only made him feel worse. Carlos loved his siblings more than anything in the world. The thought of losing them...

He ran quickly among the soldiers, asking for Hikari. He needed to do something, and Hikari seemed like the kind of person that always knew what to do in situation like that. Then the bad news began to arrive. First, he found out that the blue-haried girl, who turn out was named Sophie, escaped roughly during the time he was celebrating at the Train Station with his friends, killing everyone left at the slums during that time. He practically saved her when Okuri tried to summarily execute her. It was his fault that she killed mercilessly soldiers again. However, the worst news was that... The commander, Hikari, was dead. She fought bravely against the powerful Reapers nicknamed 'Twin Towers', but in the end she was deleted. "... No" He thought. "... Not her. Not like this". The thought of Haruka made him feel even worse than before. The whole world was falling apart around him and he couldn't do anything to help anybody. He was useless again...

No...

No!

NO!!!

This was not the time nor place to stand still and do nothing. Hikari could've fallen, but they, the resistance, were still there. That was enough proof that whatever she, facing those invincible monsters, succeeded in doing whatever she was trying to do. Hope is the last thing you lose. Chronojet Dragon trusted him with Detonics Stinger Dragon for a reason. He devised a plan, but he needed help. None of the soldiers seemed to be in conditions to stand, much less fight. Summoning his Avatar Recklessness Dragon, he prepared himself to hop on his back and exit the slums. At times like this, subtlety is not needed. He needed to go fast, and what's faster that a big Thunder Dragon? "Let's go Recklessness!" He said to his Unit. "It's a matter of time before the Reapers attack again".

But, before leaving, he noticed two people that looked in pretty good conditions to keep fighting. He recognized one of them as the heroine who along with her Jewel Knights gave one hell of a beating to the Reaper 'Chimera' during the Chronicle's Eve tournament. The other... Was a new one. But any help was enough. "Hey! Hey you two!" He tried to approach her, along with Recklessness Dragon. "Hey! You're... Noel, right? I'm Carlos! Nice to meet you two!".

"This may sound a little bit rude, but I need your help".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Mon May 02, 2016 8:14 pm

"You are most probably right... but she isn't here to do that. I don't have enough experience to do something like that..." Noel replied back turning back to see that it was Raiden. His voice sounded like someone who is starting to already embrace his death, much like everyone else that has been giving up in the base. I just wish I knew how to do something right now... dammit! Noel really felt useless. Without Salome's counsel, she feels lost in these kinds of situations. Even though she is the Jewel Knight vanguard, the Deputy Leader of Jewel Knights knew more about leadership than anyone in the troop. "It's kinda sad, me being a so-called Beacon of Light and I don't know the first thing to guiding anyone! That's actually infuriating!" Noel said in a laugh that hid her own desperation.

She then heard a voice, it was one of the more mentally-intact members of the Resistance. He calls himself Carlos, Noel had seen him around. "Yeah.. that's me, do you need something? Then again... it seems like everyone here needs some help honestly..." What does he need? Whatever it was, hopefully it can keep negative thoughts away in the meantime.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon May 02, 2016 8:34 pm

"Ok, I need you to..." Carlos proceeded to explain, but a small bump from Recklessness Dragon interrupted him. "Oh yeah. This is Recklessness Dragon. A Thunder Dragon and my Avatar, who also happens to think that strength is simple and beautiful at the same time. Turns out he likes to be introduced".

"Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes!" He continued. "This may sound cryptic as hell, but I need you because... Well, we're going hunting. Or at least that's the plan".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelKusanagi Mon May 02, 2016 9:00 pm

The entire gloomy atmosphere was instantly forgotten for a moment due to the strange request. Noel stared and blinked, processing what Carlos was asking. "Umm, what. Hunting? Hunting for what exactly? Gonna need more detail here... because I'm clueless at what we need to do or you want me to do at least..."

Hunting? Really? Is this really a good time for some sort of scavenger hunt? Yeah it can distract the mind from the negative but this is something really over the top on keeping yourself distracted. Her phone then vibrated, a text message from Seifer. "Give me a second, need to reply to this..." Noel excused herself briefly so she can reply to the message.

"Yeah... Darren took me back to the base. Things aren't really looking good here. Word spread instantly that we lost Yukino and now everyone here are beginning to lose all hope. It's really depressing to watch and no one knows what to do! Where are you?!" Sent.
NoelKusanagi
NoelKusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 pm

There would be a long pause, obviously hesitant.

'I'm at the Espoir Mansion. Haruka brought me and Rosalia there after I, passed out I guess.'
Cipher
Cipher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Mon May 02, 2016 11:03 pm

"Thanks for asking!" He said cheerfully to Noel. "We're going hunting- Please, don't look at your phone. Forget it, you're already doing it". After waiting for Noel to finish texting, Carlos resumed his explanation. "Note to self - Buy a new phone. Ok, done? Awesome. As I was saying, we're going hunting Drones!". He them proceeded to explain what the term 'drone' meant this time. "... Drones! Not the male bee without a stinger, or the unmanned vehicle, or any of the movies with that name. I'm referring to the humans that are helping the Reapers either by choice or by force. Also, I recently found out we call them like that".

"I think that, if we manage to find and convince the ones that are being forced to help those monster, we'll win valuable allies and enough information to not only locate but exterminate the remaining Reapers. I refuse to believe that things like 'invincible Reapers' exist, so there must be a way to defeat them and those Drones are our only hope to find their weakness". He then walked towards Recklessness Dragon, ready to leave the slums. "Also, given that nearly all the past attacks were done in this country and within our reach, it's very likely that all our targets are located inside this city and its surroundings. Unless they can teleport, hop between dimensions or something like that. So... What do you say?" He finished, extending his arm. "I don't want to wait for them to attack again. If we can do something, we have the obligation to do it and prevent more senseless sacrifices".
Nova Major
Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 am

Ugh.. I never thought that walk would be so long. But we are finally back Neo said

Neo, Haruto and Jellal made it back to the base and he led his friends to the Medical Ward so everyone can get checked up on. Neo layed Haruto down on a bed and told the doctors

Please do a checkup on Haruto please

Yes sir The doctor replied

Neo then turned to Jellal

You should get your arm checked out. I can tell you are in some pain

Neo himself was going to get checked out but not till later. He wanted to make sure his friends were attended to first.
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 3:46 am

"Eh it's only a scratch. I've lived through worse." He said while facing the other direction. "I haven't been in a hospital in a very long time, I think..." Jellal said to himself recalling former memories. "That's right, a close friend of mine got hurt and he left me his deck when I came here to see him, Shadow Paladins. Speaking of..." Jellal reached into his back pocket to grab a certain rectangular object. He opened up the deck box to see his cards still there. "Thank goodness!" It was almost ironic for him to enter a hospital again with the same cards he left with.

"I'm gonna find a snack, you want anything?" Jellal said to Neo while stuffing his cards back into his pocket and double checking his wallet.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 3:50 am

Uh some chips and a soda is fine. Neo said giving Jellal the money to get the food.

In the meantime Neo was watching the doctors tend to Haruto and couldnt stop thinking of Yukino. It was hard to believe that she was actually gone. But there was no doubt.. Neo now had another reason to fight on against these monsters. For Yukino! Because honestly if it wasnt for her.. Neo wouldnt be standing here.. heck he probably would have been on the evil side if anything..
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 am

Jellal left and and ventured into the hospital to find the cafeteria. It had been a very long time since he stepped foot into a hospital. Thinking back on it, made Jellal frustrated and sad because he had failed to protect a friend one too many times.

"This really sucks..." he said to himself. "This sucks! I should've been more useful to everyone but I was missing and to top it off I lost my memories!" More than anything in the world, Jellal hated letting people down and the feeling the failure was a feeling he loathed from the very core of his being.

"If only things were different, if only I was better and stronger. Then..." he stopped and dropped his wallet on the ground. Those very words triggered something: how he felt and how he obtained his original Shadow Paladin in the first place. Jellal recalling this memory was like staring into a movie, seeing a younger version of him repeating those same lines while standing beside his injured friend laying lifeless on the hospital bed. He also remembered looking at the cards that his friend pointed at, and saw Phantom Blaster Dragon in the front, a face that still to this day sends chills down his spine.

"That's right..." he said softly while watching his younger self clutch onto the cards, bearing the responsibility. "That's when I picked up Shadow Paladins. But why am I remembering this now?" The flashback stopped and Jellal looked around to see that he hadn't moved from his spot. He looked down and saw his wallet opened with a picture of himself and another individual standing beside him. He grabbed his wallet and continued down the hallway.

Arriving at the cafeteria, Jellal looked around for any chips that might appeal to Neo. "He seems like a spicy kind of guy, I'll get him Spicy Nacho." He went over and collected a small pack of cookies and a small bag of candy. He approached the cashier, but ran back to the drink stand since he forgot to grab some drinks for Neo and himself. Haruto would probably want something too..." Jellal said while piling up the checkout station with nothing but snacks. He returned with 2 more bags of chips, a small bag of fruit snacks, and yet another drink. Yeah that's about it, hopefully... I think? Yeah." He looked up at the cashier once more with his hand in the wallet pulling out the money from both him and Neo. "Yeah this is everything. Thank you!" he said politely while grabbing his two bags of snacks.

Walking back down the hallway, Jellal started to question why he would remember such a memory. Coincidence? Not very likely. "I'm not going to hesitate anymore. I have to do whatever I can to end this, regardless of whatever it takes." he said with viciousness in his voice. This seemed like the right and sound decision that anyone in his shoes would do but. "But..." Jellal was reminded of the time he had this mentality and how isolated he became, eventually becoming an enemy, wielding the devastating power of Phantom Blaster Overlord. "I should do what I can, but I should be careful at the same time." After all, it was Yukino who stopped him and helped him forge a new path. "I have people I can depend on and vice versa this time around, instead of doing everything on my own. I have to stand up again and fight along side them."

He returned to the waiting area. Jellal slowly lifted up each bag. "Yo! I..uh... went a little overboard like usually but... at least we won't be hungry right?" he said with a soft smile. He handed Neo his snacks and proceeded to take a seat.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 4:32 am

Yeah.. Overboard is the right now haha Neo said as he opened his chips and drink.

Thanks

Neo ate some of his chips and took a sip of his drink and took out his Brawler deck. Neo hadnt one a single important cardfight since coming back and it frustrated him alot. He tried to relax because he knew he was tired and restless so he put his deck away and layed down in a bed.

Jellal, we have to step up our game more then ever.. We cant let anyone down.. Neo said trying to stay awake.
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi Tue May 03, 2016 4:39 am

"You don't have to tell me that." Jellal said while finishing gulping down his second drink. "I've been out of the loop for way too long and seeing everything that transpired..." Frustrated, he crushed the empty grape soda bottle in the palm of his hand. "I really don't have much of a choice."

He remembered the battlefield, everything he felt from pain to emotions and even fear mixed with thrill from fighting the Reapers. He realized what he had with him, wasn't enough. He needed to find his own strength. "Hmmm..." he turned looked over at Neo while reaching into the bag to grab his gummy snacks.

"May I ask something? Well if you know the answer that is." he said to Neo.
ZanKisaragi
ZanKisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster Tue May 03, 2016 4:41 am

Neo noticed Jellal's anger when he crushed the soda can..

Guess I wasnt the only one who was frustrated..

Then when Jellal asked if he could ask Neo something

Sure. What is it?
NeoBuster
NeoBuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next