Umano Underground Slums

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Cipher on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:19 am

"Well, everyone's cut out for it. We're supposed to be a team. But..." he waved back. He wasn't going to try and force someone to do something they didn't want to do... Joining something like this was a pretty big thing... Especially with everything that's happened recently. He heard the shouting... More like... The echoes of a shout. Oh boy. If Seifer was a betting man, that was Yukino. What had happened? "And Carlos I've been... On edge... For a while. Rosalia being freaked out didn't help the situation either." he explained to the one that had called him a wolf pretty much.
Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalia Izanami on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:37 am

Rosalia scratched the back of her head. It wasn't her fault that she freaked out that day in the park... She was always a nervous child around strangers, and after having just arrived back in reality that day, everything was an emotional rollercoaster. But it wasn't that bad now... save for a small flinch at the distant shout. Yukino-oneesan... She glanced back at Bashiro and Jessie, feeling a little bad when Jessie was whacked. "I-it's okay, really. I can see why you'd be confused... I'm not actually related, obviously, to Yukino, but I really look up to her as a sister... Though, I do think Seifer is right, in that everyone can be cut out for fighting the monster squid thing..."

She glanced at Carlos and nodded slightly, pulling out one of the cards from her pink deck case. "Yeah, we were both there, and we both fought the thing... I didn't do so great, and it looks like one of my cards was just... Deleted..." The card, formerly Ripis Magus, was now completely grayed out, as if it never existed to begin with. But only one of her Ripis Magus cards were changed as such, which gave the brunette a little hope in that they could still fix everything. "But it... was also the first time I was using this deck at all, and I picked a big ugly monster to test it out against. Probably not the smartest idea, ha... But next time, I'll do better... I've never been much help in the past against these invaders... I was always too scared to do anything... So now, I'm gonna try anyways to help out however I can, even if I'm terrified of what will happen..."
Rosalia Izanami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 am

"I know, I know" He answered to Seifer. "Shouting its not the best way to approach someone, and I'm sorry about that. But hey, now we're in this mess this together and all that. So, if you need something or if your feeling on edge again, you can count on me for anything" Said Carlos, letting out his true nature. Then, Rosalia showed the grayed Vanguard card that used to be Ripis Magus. That... Wasn't normal.

"Woah... Those monsters can do that to cards. I suppose its a bad time to be a collector" He said to Rosalia. "Oh. Next time, if you want, I can help you test your new decks. You don't have to wait for the next tentacle monster to appear" He added, jokingly. "And the next time an Eraser comes, we'll kick his sorry existence back to where it came from. Right?".
Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:31 pm

"Testing a new deck against a big ass monster? Yeah, not exactly the best choice, sweetheart. Don't worry though. Like Carlos here, Jessie and I can help test out stuff too." Bashiro offered, his choice of nicknames probably treading on thin ice.

"He and I play Brawlers. We also play Ancient Dragons and Shura Stealth Dragons." Jessie added on, revealing the three decks of the Hakaisha brothers.

"I'm more worried about kicking Kizoku's best bar back into existence over kicking a Reaper's existence."

He just wants a good drink man.

And a good date.

And probably a nap.
Best Girl
Administrator

View user profile http://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:41 pm

"Well, we're probably going to need you for the next time they show up." Seifer spoke up again shutting his eyes for a moment sighing. His ribs were broken, and while he really didn't want to sit on the sidelines, he had to. The next one might just end up killing him. "If it really matters, I'll pay for you drinks as well." he still had money from when he was living alone with Rosalia so... All of these expenses were indeed coming out of his own pocket, and not the Espoir funds. "I've gotta go talk to Nee-San though. ...I'll be right back." he addressed the whole group before moving off in the direction that the yelling had come from. HOPEFULLY, she was still there.
Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:14 pm

"Huh. He left" Said Carlos after Seifer left. "So... Any of you want to cardfight or something? You know, to blow off some steam" Continued, holding his deckcase for them to see. "Or... Do you want to go somewhere else? Because I'm ok with that too" He remembered Jessie's big brother mentioning a bar. Maybe that was a better idea.
Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:43 am

Xat walked back to the others. "I'll call if i find anything, and Raiden's theory may be correct." was all she said before walking away and giveing rose, and cipher a wave
Xateramusa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

"Bro, you're back!" Jessie exclaimed happily along with several others upon Bashiro walking back into Headquarters. The eyepatched ruffian was rather irritated seeing this.

"Oh, so what, you assholes wanna treat me with respect now?" He laughed and insulted the people who mocked him, and got him in trouble days before. The brawler was genuinely annoyed with how their personalities pulled a 180 just because he participated in direct confrontations with the Reapers. ... Yet, he couldn't stay mad. He loved it when people praised him and showered him in attention, treating him like a star. Now if only these were all girls, and he had a sister instead of a brother...

"Jessie". Had to be a girl's name. Just play with his heart more, why don't you?

"How was the boss lady and friends?"

"Fucked up, dude. That thing - Sovereign - wrecked more than just the city. Think our brave chika's met her match."

"Huh?"

"... Just keep this between you and me, but she ain't lookin' too good after the army got its ass kicked. As a general, she can't let people see that, or everyone's fighting spirit starts to drop, see."

"... How do you know that, bro?"

"I'm a grown-up", Bashiro joked, messing up Jessie's hair by running his hand through it and shaking the younger boy's head. "Adults have to look confident in front of kids, or kids grow up scared of what their parents couldn't handle. Simple fact in life."

"What? You soundin' wise for once?" One man inquired, having heard the conversation.

"You jokers keep laughin' at me but I'm not a complete dumbass."

Bashiro was already used to dealing with thugs, and soldiers weren't all too different, interestingly enough. They were brutes with rules and discipline, basically. Guys handling huge rifles here wanted to beat up the Deletors the same way the slums' dogs want to knock each other out over money. It was relatively easy to get used to being part of the Resistance, even though the oaf of a man didn't actually officially join this little movement.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:03 am

Wandering again, the farmboy with deep pockets made his way through the Umano Slums. He was looking for a lead on a recent experience of his, the Reaper energy emanating from Raiden's cards. It was uncanny how much it had resembled the power he had at his disposal while under the influence of Nebula Lord, but there was something more to it than that. Because again, it was clear to him that the conversion of that energy inside him had expelled Void's influence.

So how was it possible that this Reaper energy converted it back?

Coming to the slums for a lead mainly came from his memories of eliminating a seed here, Sakuya. It was when he last used the Regalia gun for something significant. He stood at the area where he shot her, staring at the ground. Something...he needed some kind of lead. This power he felt...it shouldn't exist, and he, among others, needed to do something about it.

Looking up for a moment from the spot, Satoshi noticed a group of people standing around outside a building. While he knew about the thugs in the slums and didn't tend to mind them, it was a bit strange to see such a large group hanging out near a crime scene. Even if they likely knew nothing about the crime scene.

Hopefully his stare wouldn't attract any attention.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:21 am

Bashiro and the guys wound up spending their time just hanging around. They weren't entirely lazy, as they helped out with the Resistance movement. Jessie, especially, was keenly focused on making a difference. Little man was good people, the other brutes said. The older brother playfully punched him in the arm as a sign of respect and pride. They all came back with drinks, and toasted them off with a number of stressed out soldiers that really needed it. The eyepatched Brawler specifically was becoming a good friend, with his little brother an amazing asset and a model citizen. Bashiro was neither of those things, but he was just a guy who knew how to chill and sympathize with life's woes.

Until he started asking about wives, that is.

He leaned back against the wall, Jessie sitting down nearby, and another goon sitting down in a beach chair. They were all laughing about how Bashiro got slugged a few times not minding his own business concerning marriages. He didn't look like he got hit, surprisingly enough.

"Ah?" A thug noticed the farmboy, looking over the others around. "Watchu starin' at man?" He asked a bit aggressively, feeling uncomfortable with the stare himself.

"Holy shit, I knew it." Bashiro spoke up.

"What?"

"You only notice when a guy is staring right at you. I knew you were g-"

The goon got up and smashed a bottle over Bashiro's head.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:29 am

Well, that went...unexpected. One of the goons hit another goon over the head with a bottle. Looks like they were drinking.

...Come to think of it, drinking with these thugs might be helpful to get some kind of information, if anything. Considering the business types who he typically drank with got piss drunk and sometimes a little violent, how bad could this possibly go.

"Sorry about that," Satoshi said, walking over. "I was mostly lookin' for something from a long time ago. Found it, now I'm parched. Mind if I drink with you guys a bit?"
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:39 am

Bashiro was too busy laughing his ass off to really wince in pain over the bottle swing. Jessie was laughing too, kicking about while holding his stomach. For once, the eyepatched thug wasn't the laughingstock of the group! "Haha, hot damn! Yeah sure, you can drink with us man! Don't worry about it! Thanks for helpin' us confirm this dirtbag's secret!" Another goon, chuckling like a madman spoke up to express his gratitude. He grabbed one of the many filled bottles of alcohol they had nearby, and offered Satoshi one. The guy who was being mocked growled in frustration, and started yelling, but nobody really paid him any mind.

"Here, bro, you okay?" Jessie asked Bashiro, handing him a rag and a bandage.

"Dude, after that, no pain matters. I've been saying this asshole was gay for years, and it's finally worth it to make him slip."

"I'm not gay you asshole!"

"Hey man, shout and glare at me all you want, but if you're not a chick, I don't want that shit."

The guy started punching at Bashiro, and Bashiro was just playfully blocking them with open palms.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 am

Satoshi took the bottle in his left, spun his gun out of its holster with his right, popped open the cap, and then replaced it so he could swig the bottle. He had become mildly interested in tricky gunplay in his free time recently, since the gun couldn't go off unless it was in his left hand and he willed it to. So he had all of the opportunities to improve at it.

The alcohol was a bit heavier than he was expecting. Sure, he had a bit of a tolerance established from these VIP parties fame provided, but he could still tell when beer was strong. It almost felt like these guys were trying to drink their problems away, even though they all seemed rather happy.

On the other hand, it still tasted pretty good. He had a seat near them, continuing to drink. The same thug that had taken a hit to the face from a bottle and stayed laughing was now getting punched at by the guy he had called gay, and he was easily blocking his violent outburst, almost as if this particular thug wasn't bothered at all by physical strikes. Curious.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:02 am

"So, eh, what's your name man? How's life treatin' ya?" One of the goonies tried to make conversation while Bashiro defused the situation with his other buddy. Jessie kept his eyes on Satoshi's gun. It wasn't like firearm sightings were unusual for the slums here, yet, he couldn't help but be a bit cautious because it was around. When shots ring out, despite how rough Umano Slums looks, it was truly tragic for everyone around unless it was a turf war. Even then, nobody was happy afterward.

"Where the hell did all the girls go, man? None of them swing by that much anymore." Bashiro spoke, taking a seat next to Jessie.

"Ever since those Resistance guys came back, husbands and boyfriends want the women and children to get some distance." Jessie replied.

"Fuck, man. I don't want a militia sausage-fest."

"Could go hit up a bar."

"I got no cash."

"When has that stopped you?"

"When the girl asks me to pay and she isn't piss-drunk yet."
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:09 am

"Satoshi." He decided against sharing his full name, if only to make it difficult to find him later if something went wrong and they somehow blamed him. "Life's...okay, I suppose. Kind of hard considerin' the news lately, y'know?" He took another gulp, shaking his head a little after. "Can't help but feel bad for all my friends and what they're goin' through regarding these...monsters that got mentioned."

He bit his lip a bit, fiddling with the bottle with his hands. "So I'm tryin' to find ways to help them."
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:21 am

"Man, this monster shit is messin' up business. My kid can't even go to school, my old lady won't let him. Too dangerous. Damn shame when kids can't get an education because of it." That same goon father spoke in response to Satoshi mentioning the Reapers. The others couldn't help but feel down too, as nothing was sadder than one of their sweet and innocent children - the foundation of the future - not being able to have a clean, peaceful uprising. Then again, they could just become Jessie and drop out to pursue the gang life while not actually being all that brutal.

"Good on you for helping out your friends man. Times are rough, and people are already gonna break after seeing Hoshiko go to complete shit", Bashiro took his turn to speak. He should know, he was there to see Sovereign completely obliterate a full sector of the city - of the state. It was genuinely a good thing when they could, at the very least, do what they could to help out other people that can't stand up on their own. Taking a swig altogether, the thugs just looked toward the streets of this bad neighborhood with a solemn gloom. This place wasn't as bad as it'd be all over with those creatures, and that unsettled them greatly.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:32 am

The eyepatched man who had been howling in laughter before had decided to speak up, mentioning the Hoshiko incident. The one Satoshi probably should've been around for, considering his negligence the first time around. It filled him with a bit of guilt. Finishing the bottle, he set it down, scratching the back of his head.

"I can only wonder what one of my friends is going through right now. She had nightmares about these things. Living nightmares...nobody wants those." And it wasn't something the world needed, when the world needed to grow.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:40 am

"She?" A number of the thugs asked.

"One of your friends had nightmares about those things? Jesus Christ, I can't even imagine..." Bashiro began to sweat at the very thought.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 am

"Yeah, she. She's been getting a bunch of people together, tryin' to fight these things." The drink was making his lips a bit looser than expected, but Satoshi almost didn't mind. Maybe these guys knew Yugure somehow due to the incidents.

"A few of us have been tryin' to take the burden off of her by finding ways to deal with it that don't put her in harm's way, but that's probably not gonna stop her, y'know?"
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:46 am

"Is she cute?" was Bashiro's first question made with a grin.

"... Wait, boss lady?" Jessie inquired.
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:49 am

"She's pretty cute. I've known her for a while now. She used to be a bit more stuck-up, but she's lightened up a bit. At least, kind of."

Boss lady...so maybe they did know her.
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:22 am

"Are you serious? It's the boss lady? Be sure, Jessie, because she'll kick my ass thanks to what you assholes told that Karin chick. He says she's cute, but I wanna save my face if I can."

"Well, I think it's her. She's the one recruiting and the one who gave everybody those bracelets. Plus, you side she looked pretty stressed out."

"Yeah and I told you not to say that last part", Bashiro responded, content with the information, but bashing Jessie in the head for letting something slip. Grown ups get stressed by growing problems, but have to be brave for the younger folk or lower ranked warriors. A few of the guys chuckled, some nervously over hearing that. Though, considering the situation, anyone would be stressed out, right? It wasn't breaking her, hopefully. "Welp, that's not an option anymore. I have to be on my best behavior, or I'm getting another dropkick. That damn chick even said she'd get on me for hitting on people!"

"So are you going to try and get her number when you see her again?"

"Probably", Bashiro answered. Despite what he just said about his fears and how Karin would likely destroy him if the commander doesn't, he'll still try. "She's not dating anyone, right?"

"Just give it up man, there's gonna be roadblock after roadblock." One of the goons suggested.

"I'll never give up", Bashiro said, as if he were a hero.

"She has a boyfriend you will."

"... Man, he'll probably kick my ass too."
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:36 am

Satoshi shrugged. "Her boyfriend's a bit of a nice guy, one of my best friends. He's...not in great shape from the attack on Kizoku that happened a while back, but y'know. We'll all manage, somehow." He extended a hand to Bashiro.

"From the sound of it, you and I have a few mutual acquaintances, Yugure and Karin. Who are you exactly?"
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:54 am

"Not in great shape... huh."

"Don't." Jessie glared.

"I wasn't going to! Man, she has a boyfriend there goes that out." Bashiro ran his hand through his hair, confirming he isn't total human trash. He'd at least wait until the condition worsened or not! ... Okay, he really wouldn't. The guys laughed at his misfortune, of course, and Bashiro reached out to take Satoshi's hand with a firm grip to shake it.

"I'm Bashiro Hakaisha. One of the chuckleheads of Umano who wants a drink. A hot piece of ass would be nice too, this stuff isn't for me."
Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawkobo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:01 am

This Bashiro had a nice handshake for a thug. It reminded him of the first time he shook hands with Smokey. Strong grip, but almost a homely feel to it. "Charmed," he said. He looked over the rest of the group, including the thuggish father who had given him a drink earlier. "Glad to meet all of you, really. Lately I've been goin' from place to place alone, so it's not often I get to chat with new people."

He cracked open another bottle with the pistol and offered it to Bashiro. "So from the sounds of things, people out here are just about as worried as people around the city?"
Rawkobo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top