Umano Underground Slums

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Umano Underground Slums

Post by Lightning King on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 am

"I hope that infinite energy of yours doesn't burn out your body..."  Fubuki muttered under her breath, accepting at attempting to convince the gumball to rest was a waste of energy.  Instead, they needed to focus on other things.  Like the message that they had just received on their reality bangles about the coming meeting and the reveal of Harbinger's weakness.  Just knowing this meant the final battle was almost upon them.

"Come on, we should get ready."
-----------------------
Meanwhile, Cero, who had flown here, now stood silently atop one of the buildings. He had no desire to reveal his presence, for once. Kind of a shock, really.

Lightning King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 am

Xat walked away from the others taking aoi's word that she will be fine, and walked down the halls and saw Haruto walking around and Riko next to him. "Haruto, Riko." She called to them and ran over to them with a soft smile glad to see them.

Riko saw and waved to her before turning back to haruto. "I;ll see you later." he said and left down to the lobby to see what the meeting was about.

Xateramusa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Carlos rushed to the headquarters as fast as he could, pedaling with, as they say, all his might. As soon as he got to a known area from which he could walk without getting lost, he parked the stolen, I mean, discarded bicycle and continued his way on foot. When he found some familiar uniformed figures of the Resistance members gathered outside of the base entrance, he ran in their direction without thinking.

Upon reaching them, he shouted as loud as his throat could let him to inform them of his recent doubts. "Hey, guys!!! ... Did you know that Cero Kirugis can fly!? I mean, what the hell is going on with that guy!? I know he punches giant squids and all that, but is he even a human!? I think I even saw him on top of a building a few minutes!!". Before he could hear a satisfactory answer, he caught sight of a canine silhouette on among the multitude of freedom fighters. "Wait, Okuri! It's me, Carlos!".

"I'm glad to see you standing normally, my friend" He approached the spirit, passing through the various soldiers. "Did I miss something apart from the topics addressed in the message I suppose we all here received?" He then asked his friend.

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Karin slid all the pages on Legion's file back into their folder, flipping it shut and setting it on the table beside her. She'd read enough to have a rough plan thought up, and glancing outside would tell her that time was up. "All the pieces have arrived... Or enough of them, at least." She mumbled to herself, pulling herself up out of her chair. A twinge of regret at not being able to sit down a while longer ran through her mind, but she shrugged it off. She stepped outside of the building, staring out at the crowd that had amassed. Most of whoever was still standing in the Resistance was present and accounted for. It was relieving to see her call was answered so readily, though she had made specific mention of the discovery of Harbinger's weakness for that very reason.

Drawing her blade, she pointed it to the sky, and a beam of light shot from it to attract the attention of all present. She then pressed the blade's tip to the ground in front of her, placing both hands on the tip of the handle. With a voice loud enough for everyone to hear, she began to speak.

"My name is Karin Ouriel. Only a day ago, I stood against you as your enemy. Today, I stand with you, in front of you, as an ally. Only recently, by the combined efforts of humanity's finest, I was spared from the Reaper's clutches, and am my own self again. Furthermore, as many of you know, the reaper drone known as Nemesis is no longer a threat to us, and Yukino has been pulled from the enemy's grasp as well.

But even in light of this, Yukino is no longer able to assume her original role of Commander, and Haruka even less so- His fight is finished, and will not be joining us in the coming battles. In their stead, I have taken up the mantle as Commander, and will be leading you for the time being.

...Many of you may think to mistrust me, and fear I may betray you a second time. I can offer you no proof of my sincerity, except give you my words. I fought by your side against the drones of the Reapers. I risked my life to save Yukino's life. And now, I will continue to risk my life for all of yours. I have sworn to lead all of Humanity through this war and to our future, and I will do my very best to uphold that vow. Whether or not you choose to believe me, whatever you may think of me, you may decide after the war is over, and after Harbinger is dead.
"

She paused, taking in a deep breath.

"...Which brings me to why I've called you all here. Harbinger's weakness has been discovered.

Harbinger's armor remains invincible, impenetrable, but a way to harm her- and kill her- has come to light. A link, between her and the other of the Twin Towers, Sovereign, exists. Should one of them experience pain, then the other will share in it. If one of them were to be killed, then the other would fall with them. In short, if Sovereign is killed, Harbinger will also die.
"

Karin paused again, allowing her audience to take in this new information. This, coupled with the news of Yukino's coming return, was the brightest ray of hope the Resistance had gotten in quite some time. Doubtless, many of the people here would be excited to hear that the invincible titan that threatened all existence was indeed killable.

"There are but three obstacles left for us to overcome. The Twin Towers, Harbinger and Sovereign, make up two of them. The third is the other Reaper we have yet to kill, Legion. In short time, I fully intend to lead the assault against Legion, and then further lead us into our final battle with the Twin Towers themselves.

With all this said, I leave you, all of humanity, to prepare for the coming battles.
"

Her speech said, Karin turned away from the crowd and left, going back into the central building, leaving the crowd to digest everything they had just learned.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EternalDollie on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:12 pm

As Beatrice listened on their new Commander's speech, she was already placing some more relaxing tea for Karin to enjoy as she returned. She had some questions of her own, but she kept them to herself to continue her duty as a maid of the resistance.

EternalDollie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Darren listened to the words that Karin said. Most were things he already knew. At the same time, he remembered there were more than that. There were one... not two drones he didn't sense that day. They were still active. Tomato Head probably kept them as the last line of defense. It was probably worth mentioning that to Karin. Then again... he remembered one of them had the power of all the Reverse units... even Daiyusha. As a former Reverse fighter and currently a Seeded fighter, he felt that was a fight he should be the one to finish.

With that said, they had... something of a plan. A powerful enough force could harm Sovereign. It had already been seen. They just needed a big enough blow to knock the big guy down and out for good. Darren wanted to be the one to deliver that, but he knew one person didn't have that kind of power. It would take many.

He gave a small sign and started to walk forward. He went towards the central building, but not inside. Karin deserved her rest and Darren had no idea what he should do next. He had more control of his power output but he was a long way from mastery. Maybe that was something to work on. He still wanted to stay out of sight though... even though people forgave Karin enough to allow her to lead, he didn't know if anyone trusted a maverick like him to be off on his own. Didn't help that he found a way to be the first into trouble.

NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:24 pm

Upon reaching the gathering assembly outside the main building Seifer had excused himself to join Karin at the front. He went so far as to bow which took Okuri back. How long had it been since a human had been so formal and respectful with him? As the man left he pondered on the response from earlier. Seifer too seemed convinced that Nemesis was now in fact Yukino herself. This idea still troubled the spirit. Somehow they'd gotten her heart to take control again but he still wanted to believe the android was never truly their former leader.

Before he could think too much more thoroughly on the matter he heard a familiar voice yelling something about the human named Cero. At first Okuri's ears perked up at the sound, then his tails started wagging more energetically as he recognized the speaker, and finally he turned his head to see Carlos approaching and calling his name. It was a great relief that Carlos was alright and with a short high pitched whine he trotted towards Carlos eager to greet his friend. Upon reaching his side Okuri rubbed his head up against the man's side, a very clear sign of affection.

"I could say the same to you. I'd feared Nemesis had harmed you." he said in response to the man being happy to see Okuri standing on his own. "I think you're about as caught up as the rest of us." he said responding to Carlos' pondering if he'd missed anything. Okuri stood very close by Carlos' side as they waited for Karin's message. It wasn't a very long wait and she soon stepped out to address the crowd. The spirit did his best to make a mental note of her first name having never really learned it before. She explained her situation and how she had been a drone but had been saved. And then more troubling words. Nemesis was 'herself' again and Haruka was too fatigued to continue serving as the Resistance leader.

But most importantly of all came the weakness. The key to defeating Harbinger. If one were to hurt Sovereign Harbinger would feel it as well. And as Sovereign was not invincible killing him meant killing Harbinger. And Bashiro had already shown them all before his untimely deletion that, while likely difficult, hurting Sovereign was not an impossibility. Their next goal was to assault Legion then focus on the Twin Towers. It seemed possible now. The unwinnable war had an end in sight.

"We might just make it through this yet." he remarked to Carlos with an energy in his voice that hadn't been there in some time. He then took to looking around the area to observe the various reactions to the news. People were fascinating the different ways they handled the same information.

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:54 am

Seifer listened as Karin spoke, understanding what the plan was from the mansion. However, hearing it a second time... as a speech to the whole of the human resistance against the plague of the eldritch abominations, it felt as if victory were truly a reality. Wishful thinking aside, the brunette watched as Karin left, leaving everyone to process the speech and Yukino's return. Turning away from the crowd, he went off on his own... not far away, but just out of sight. Summoning Mordred's blade in his right hand, he breathed out slowly as he gripped the handle... feeling the weight of the weapon that was as long as he was tall.

Readying the blade before him, he breathed out slowly before swinging in several quick, wide arcs. It had been quite some time since he actually practiced, the last time being when Yukino actually forged the blade for him. The thought of the past caused him to misstep, sliding and twisting his ankle as he hit the dirt full force while the blade clanged just out of reach. Gritting his teeth, with his right eye shut from the pain of his ankle and full dead weight slamming into the ground, he tried to hoist himself up only managing to get onto one knee.

"It's because of her I can fight... It's because of her I have any strength at all. ...Can I really not do anything without her?" the distress began seeping back in, but he quickly shook his head, struggling to his feet... limping over to the dropped blade and lifting it once more. There wasn't any time to let himself think on his limits as he put himself back to work, swinging the blade around in a manner akin to shadow boxing to help him practice as he had no sparring partner. He slipped... nearly falling again, but managed to catch himself just in time using the blade as a crutch now as it stabbed into the ground. Sweat dripped onto the dirt below, his breath ragged and him panting. He had said he would take her place as a sword, even if he wasn't Chosen. ...What did it mean to be chosen? Why did he always have to struggle for his achievements, when others were just handed victory after victory... what made others better than him?

Standing fully again after this break, he returned the blade to the nether it comes from, leaning back against a nearby wall and sliding down it... staring at the sky. Why did he still fight? What was his purpose? Shaking his head again he sighed. Enough with the depressing thoughts, he was determined to fight even with no real goal so there was no reason to think on it.. But with the quiet moment he had to himself, his eyes grew heavy, his breathing slowed... and he was off into the first peaceful sleep he'd had in a very long time.

Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Carlos finally met with Okuri, who received the young man with warming welcoming gesture typical from normal canines. Or at least the ones he knew. Coming from his friend, it wasn't just a compliment but a sincere honor for the Narukami user. "So no updates in the last minutes, eh?" He said the spirit. "We'll have to wait for the new manager to come out an- Oh, there she is".

To summarize, when the new appointed leader of the Resistance addressed their members about her background, the fate of the two previous leaders and what would be their next plan of action, the speech she had just made was received with mixed feelings. Even though Carlos was happy knowing that Hikari was back on her senses, and Karin referring to the people that helped free her of the Reapers as 'humanity's finest' managed to make him giggle a little ("Hehe, she said 'humanity's finest'. I'm part of 'humanity's finest'"), her and Haruka's absence from the coming battles was worrying. "I hope he is okay. The past few days must have been rough for him" He thought.

To some soldiers, the news about the supposed weakness of Harbinger would be a dream come true. But to Carlos, it was just addressing something inevitable - The demise of Harbinger's host, Tomozo. It may sound ironical, but the young freedom fighter was absolutely prepared to hurt and even kill the invaders. It was the realization of almost forgotten childhood dream of a lot of kids - Defend the planet from evil forces and what not. But having heard the story of Fuki and Koga changed his perception of the supposed Reaper leader. "Their sister may be still inside her, somewhere..." He muttered.

It was easy for him to point a flaw in a seemingly perfect plan but without another solution, he was just prolonging the inevitable. "Okuri..." He spoke. "I... I don't think I can do this". He voiced his concerns with his friend. "You heard Fuki, you heard her story. A giant murdering squid doesn't just learn to care about others like that. Their sister must be still in there. I'm okay with going for Legion and whatever the hell comes next. But when we eventually face those two... I'm not sure I could bring myself to follow that plan".

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

After hearing the speech Karin had said in front of the entire resistence, Neo watched as she walked away. He knew how she felt when she meationed "fighting against us". Almost everyone has been through that at one point or another. But hearing that Yukino was finally able to return was news that everyone needs to hear. We needed some type of good news around here for once.

Everyone knew what needed to be done but for now everyone also needed to rest up. Everyone was so tired that they went to go rest for the short amount of time they had to do so.

As for Neo..

"Now that the annoucement is over, time to find Haruto. I hope he is ok.."

NeoBuster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Carlos seemed troubled over something which was odd considering the news. It should have inspired confidence yet it seemed to only bring Okuri's friend conflict. He said something about their sister and the spirit began to piece together what he was worried about. He then detailed his concerns about fighting Harbinger. Fuki and Koga had shared the Reaper was also in some small part their older sister and they and Carlos seemed convinced she was still in there somewhere. Not wanting to hurt the girls further it made since the man wouldn't want to take their sister from them. But that in turn would mean losing all of existence if they didn't do it. While Okuri wanted to be understanding it was difficult. To him the fact that Harbinger had to die was clear and unarguable. She had taken too many lives and wished to take the life and existence of everything.

"I know you don't want to hurt the girls but you have to understand what will happen if we don't take down Harbinger. Whatever influence this Tomozo has isn't great enough to stop the Reaper from seeking the destruction of all of creation. And I doubt there's anything we could do to separate the two of them at this point." he began. It was important to get the gravity of the situation across. It might not do much to help his friend feel any better about it but at least see enough reason to agree with the plans as outlined.

"Harbinger will make this a matter of either she dies or all of us do. Sparing her will do nothing but let her attempt it all again. The girls..." he said pausing a moment. "They'll have to move on. We all will." he concluded. It probably wouldn't help much. "Regardless if you still feel this way when the time comes no one will make you fight her."

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Arriving at Headquarters for the final front against the Reapers that would be coming soon, the ex-commander "Nemesis" appeared with Satoshi, emitting a threatening, violent aura. Not one that showcased hostility to man, no... those who bore witness to the android entering saw a familiar rage. It was... refreshing and cleared away a few doubts, because they knew... they knew the unbridled fury Yukino Espoir had in store for the Deletors. The appearance of a changed body disturbed them, and at the same time, feeling the queen's imperial wrath ready to launch out like a furious dragon breathing fire wildly to smite the adversity still remaining.

Aoi, the precious gumball, saw a "comrade" and paused in fear, unable to swallow since hatred that filled the air... for an enemy... and the self.

"C-Command... no, not commander..." One of the grunts tried to call out, and Nemesis ignored them.

"We're here", the super weapon confirmed.

Best Girl
Administrator

View user profile http://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:13 pm

While letting Carlos think Okuri continued looking around the area. He felt something different and yet familiar. Searching around for the feeling his eyes settled on the approaching Nemesis while she was yet a ways off from the main building. As she approached it became more and more clear it was her and yet she felt like the old Yukino. His concerns were now unavoidable in his mind. It hadn't merely been a robot meant to mock her, this was Hikari. Her heart had clearly been in there despite the change in appearance and Harbinger's control of her mind. And even though he knew she hadn't been in control of herself Okuri couldn't help but feel a certain rage building the longer he looked at the approaching woman. Despite the clear feeling he did all he could to deny this was actually her. No one attacked, no one even really moved. Did they really trust this? No one was particularly saying anything or rushing off to her side. And rightfully so, this weapon was not to be trusted or embraced as a friend. Even if he was the only one to feel as he did Okuri had to confront her. He left Carlos' side and began slowly walking toward the former commander. A deep low growl was audible to all he passed by on the way.

Soon he arrived right in front of her, the growling only building as he approached. "Nemesis!" he barked at her. There was to be no happiness at seeing her herself again, only anger and frustration. "How dare you come here... how dare you show your face after the things you've done!" he yelled at the woman. "What sort of game do you think you're playing with us? How long until you kill someone else and run back to your master's side?" he continued. He was ready to attack and looking on from Cray, his allies in Great Nature were becoming mildly concerned though were slightly understanding. Okuri would give the woman a chance to say something but was already set in his mind that there was nothing she could say that would satisfy this anger building in him at the sight of her.

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Seifer's eyes opened, his gaze still looking toward the sky. How long had he been asleep? Trying to stand only resulted in him feeling stiff, though he managed to use the wall to support himself. Stretching to try and loosen his stiff joints, he turned to go inside one of the buildings when something caught his eye. Seemed a few grunts were in awe about something but... what? As he turned the corner that was blocking his view, he saw what it was... his sister had returned, and he could suddenly feel... what was that? Fear in the air? And then there was Okuri barking and angry. He didn't blame him

Pushing to the front of the grunts, he placed his hand on Okuri's back to try and calm him. Probably wouldn't work, but he understood the wolf's anger. "You're sure you wanna do this?" he asked, turning his gaze onto his sister. It was a simple question, and while he wanted to fight by her side again, no matter what form she took... there were obviously others who wished otherwise.

Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Darren closed his eyes as he felt the energies around him. He could tell that Yukino had arrived. Even though she referred to herself as the super weapon Nemesis last they spoke, he was happy she was nearby. The disarray of the resistance bothered him. If this is how they were in the fact of an ally so many fought to bring back, he didn't need to be here. Even though it was just the spirit dog who felt this way, it made him remember his own sins. His body, as Malice, put that same spirit to a near dead state.

Darren raised his hand into the air. Daidragon appeared in front of him. Without a word, Darren stepped onto the Dimensional Robo. If he was to fight by the side of others, he didn't have to be in the same company as them right now. Not until he was more confident in the control he had over his powers.

He flew up, giving a wave to Yukino from the air as he prepared to depart. A final look at everything before him as he said, "They'll be fine... and if something else happens, I can better sense it if I'm on my own..."

NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:17 pm

"Whoa whoa, hold on! The ex-commander isn't the puppet of Harbinger anymore!" One of the grunts spoke up in response to Okuri's rage.

"How the hell do we know that? We got told by an ex-drone she's back, but for all we know, they could all be in cahoots!" Another grunt shouted in response.

"Dude, what?! We can trust the new commander, she fought the drones with us!"

"All staged!"

Joy, Okuri's outburst gave those with doubts and suspicions the courage to start voicing their concerns and distrust. Humanity was desperate for leadership, and yet, they could only choke down their doubt for so long. A drone wanted to lead them and their first commander had been turned into a machine of death forged by the Grim Reaper. They were so close, so, so close. They learned Harbinger's weakness, and so many Reapers are dead. Legion, Sovereign, and Harbinger were the remaining three, and they wanted to believe in Karin, Yukino, and others so badly. And yet, it was hard solely because they were so far into the war. Victory could be in their grasp, but that could just be a ploy. Nemesis felt similar doubt in knowledge of Sovereign's trump card, which they didn't even know about. ... The Chosen Sword of Void gazed about the unsettled masses, especially the Okuri who called her out. Nothing could really be said to explain herself, as even she was disgusted with this body. Beyond her mind, she was still a tool crafted by the tyrannical Outer Gods. In that case... "This is... no game. I'm here to kill - as what a hollow sword is made for. However, the master that holds this blade is humanity, not Harbinger. I'm here to kill those abhorrent atrocities that ruined my life and turned me into this disgusting creature. ... But I won't run from what I did under the Reapers. ... However, I have a promise to keep, and a thirst to tear Harbinger apart, so if you want to destroy me, fine. I'll atone, but after I've fulfilled my promise and thirst."

The air the ex-commander emitted was violent... and sorrowful. She didn't believe her body could be restored and knew her sins couldn't be washed away. Her failure to defeat Habringer and ending up like such is a scar that cannot be healed. As such... if she planned to fight for humanity, she'd have to swallow down her remorse for the means to an end. The super weapon retorted to the spirit of the earth with acceptance for execution. Yukino wanted to die if she was stuck like this as it is. However, the one who hated Link Joker more than any being to exist throughout the universe and every timeline did not want to offer up her corpse to the furious Okuri until those scum were eradicated.

"W-Wait... Guys, don't fight..." Aoi tried to speak up, but felt suffocated by the pressure. The child of potential was drowning in the sea of hatred created by Nemesis and Okuri. She once spoke hatred and its kind will not build the future, and she believed in that. That didn't mean trying to break apart such strong animosity would be any easier whenever she saw it...

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaRaizer on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Like a stack of dominoes, one fell and it knocked the rest over. Darren already foresaw this as a possibility. As he was still in the air he made a declaration before his departure. This display was a clear sign that he needed to go.

"If all of you can't trust former enemies, then do what you want!" he called down from the sky. "I'm also one of those former enemies... If you don't want to fight with us, then we'll just kill all of the Reapers for you! We'll fight and die to make sure you can sit in your homes safely and enjoy your lives! That is what we chose! We don't need anyone who isn't willing to fight!"

With that, Daidragon departed. He didn't mention what he was, but the Resistance members that heard him during the grand battle would know. He didn't care any longer. It wouldn't change what he had to do.

NovaRaizer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Karin perked up at the arrival of that unmistakable animosity; Yukino had finally arrived. "A little late... Guess it's a Triad thing." Karin mused to herself, standing up from her seat. At the very least, Yukino's delay had given Karin an opportunity for some much-needed rest. She left the building once more to go greet her friend and former commander. Only...

...Okuri was already looking ready to rip Yukino's throat out, and the rest of the Resistance was beginning to question whether or not either Yukino or Karin herself were trustworthy, them both being ex-drones. Even with Yukino voicing her own intentions, in much the same way Karin did- Accepting that humanity could judge them, but only after the war had ended- Everyone was still uneasy and unsure, the conflict of trust still present. But, they didn't have time for this. They had to pull together and stay together, or they'd most certainly lose. Either they would offer concrete proof of their intentions, or... Humanity would need the chance to judge them now.

If that was to be the only way...

Karin stepped forward towards Yukino, her sword out at her side. She moved past Okuri, holding her sword in front of him to keep him at bay. She now spoke loudly, as she had done when she gave her speech, addressing all of Humanity once again.

"Humanity, all of the Resistance, your concerns, your misgivings and distrust is heard. Understandably, many of you still refuse to accept that Yukino and myself are truly back on your side. In which case..."

Karin flipped her sword around in her hand, now holding it by the end of the blade, the handle sticking outward. She turned to the entire crowd slowly, holding the sword out.

"If any of you feel strongly enough to challenge our intentions, and believe with all your heart that either of us remain slaves to the Reapers' will, then step forward. I will offer you this chance only once, and only right now. I will not deny you your deserved judgement.

If you believe you can win this war alone, then take my sword and kill me where I stand.
"

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:58 pm

"Silence." Nemesis growled and hissed with the utmost animosity; the word of the violent ex-commander shut everyone up, and stopped those number of grunts that actually considered taking Karin's sword. They had started muttering after Darren spoke, and became more confused after Karin spoke. The fact that Karin would offer them the chance to execute her now rattled them, and successfully confirmed the faith of several already believing was well placed. However, for those who couldn't believe after being mentally drained and torn by a ceaseless war, they were freaking out, pausing in disbelief, or ready to jump at the chance to kill two of the strongest drones. Yet... "I'm not speaking as Yukino Epsoir, so feel free to throw your cares into the wind. I personally believe you're all idiots and focusing on the wrong point. We're nearing the end of this nightmare, as surely your new commander has informed you the Mother Harlot can be slain? If so, all that matters is said harlot dies a thousand deaths over. So long as we maul the devil who put us in this position, judgment and execution can come afterward."

Nemesis will deal with Okuri on a personal level, but not the sheep who feel they must follow a Shepard, only to doubt and even nearly take the offer to kill their newest Shepard. All she cared about was fulfilling her role and saving these hapless soldiers by giving her sworn enemy a gory, gruesome death. Even so, she made it clear she isn't speaking for her past position that belongs to Karin, nor was she agreeing with Darren's notion of the named heroes for those without the will to go home while they fight and die themselves.

No, the Chosen Sword of Void demanded a win.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Karin paused at Yukino's words. She was right, more or less, that the most important thing was that Harbinger could be killed- And needed to be killed soon. Shutting her eyes, she flipped her sword back around to its handle and slid it into its sheath, stepping back. At the very least, things seemed under control now. Even if she was no longer the commander she once was, the force her authoritative tone brought had clearly not diminished. "...By all means, then. When you're finished, meet me inside, Nemesis." Karin told the hollow sword. It made Karin's stomach practically do a flip to refer to her friend as such, but she felt to respect her own decision to act as Nemesis despite that. Just as Yukino would have done, if "Nemesis" was going to offer herself up as a tool of war, Karin would put such a tool to use.

Not to mention half of her plans had hinged on Yukino's decision to fight anyway.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Okuri held his held down trying to grapple with his own feelings with what was going on. People continued to speak around him. Seifer came and placed a hand on his back asking him if he was sure. The crowds of the slums started voicing their doubts about Nemesis and Karin alike. Each sensation only aggravated the spirit further But then Nemesis herself spoke. How similar her words were to their first meeting. She did not attempt to run from her actions as their tool but claimed to be humanity's blade now. And then there was her promise. A promise she had to fulfill. The Reapers had to die then she would offer herself up.

But that wasn't enough for Okuri. He continued staring down and growling.

To quell the crowds of people Karin made a dramatic stand. Should any doubt her intentions strongly enough and if they felt they could win the war without her or Nemesis they could run her through with her own sword. A bold statement, and the others would no doubt not take the offer. Grand stands such as that always impressed humans.

But that wasn't enough for the spirit who could think or feel nothing but anger anymore.

Nemesis next spoke to silence the crowds. They were focused on the wrong point she claimed. The point was Harbinger wasn't as invincible as they thought. Punishments could be handed out after. This seemed to suffice Karin who left the scene and the crowds as well who dared not question the android before them.

But even all this was not enough.

"Win without you..." he said through clenched teeth. "Focused on the wrong point.. A promise?" he continued. Something strange was happening. The sash about Okuri's neck was shining with a gentle light. Those sensitive enough would be able to detect the faintest tremors in the earth. "We were winning fine without both of you... We were winning just fine with both of you as our enemies..." he said and the tremors began to grow. The earth itself began creaking as they did so. "I didn't want any of this... all I want..." he said as he finally raised is head.

"I want Jessie and Bashiro back!" he yelled and the sound resounded throughout the slums. A large wave passed through the earth itself. Everyone could see it like an ocean wave but traveling through the ground passing by them all, knocking the unstable off of their feet. But immediately following an imperceptible wave of energy passed through the entirety of the slums. It passed through every person there, it felt as it were a wave of raw aggression and anger. Those weaker among the group were nearly passed out while the stronger would feel noticeably disturbed and shaken. The force of these things knocked those close to Okuri away from him. The light from his sash was bright and almost blinding now. It was his turn to speak.

"Nemesis! No one needed you to come back to life! We were going to win this fine without you! The memory and the hope that Yukino gave us when she died was enough! We were making our own miracles! Her promise died with her!" he started. It was surprising to hear him use Yukino as he'd always called her Hikari as she'd asked him to. "Why are you the only one who's special?! Where are the others we've lost! Your life is not any more important than them! You're called the Chosen Sword but your life means nothing more than any other human's!"

"When I met Yukino I knew her heart to be strong and good. I knew if anyone her heart would never yield. The Yukino I met would never do the things you've done no matter the power holding her!" he began again. As his voice intensified the Earth shook with it, never sending another wave but the same waves of aggression seemed to keep firing off. "But you... If you want me to believe Yukino's heart was inside you all of this time... then I severely misjudged her! You who nearly took mine and hundreds of others lives! YOU who tried to kill the man Yukino loved and desired to marry!..." he paused briefly and was trembling now.

"YOU THE MONSTER WHO DELETED BASHIRO!!" He shouted out to the heavens and the Earth shook violently again. "The Reapers will die without you! We will carry on! But the Earth and I cannot tolerate your existence anymore! A heartless machine that knows only how to kill has no right to exist! You will pervert Yukino's memory no longer!" he concluded. Without warning his units materialized looking greatly alarmed at their vanguard's state of mind but regardless they would fight with him. They opened fire on the former commander, launching several explosive projectiles her way. Okuri charged in with them.

"Draw your blades and die monster!"

Last edited by Doggy on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Nemesis closed her eyes, listening to Okuri's howling rage as calmly as she could. She could have spoken up to laugh at the notion that they were "winning fine" and they would win this war fine without her. Though, she refrained, choking down her arrogant mirror's voice, and recalling that she didn't believe this was winnable with people broken up and apart... divided as Harbinger alluded to long ago. However, her composure fell the instant waves and blasts of power shot from Okuri, knocking down grunts and nearing launching others off their feet. The woman herself responded with simply holding her ground, taking a stance of bracing herself when the slight tremor was detected ahead of time with her heightened senses as a Star-vader. Okuri wanted the Hakaisha Brothers... Now it made some sense. Yukino knew Okuri and Jessie had bonded some, but had no clue of him and Bashiro... and the memory of her erasing the brawler from existence was still crisp - fresh in the mind like everything else she had done.

"A heartless machine that knows only how to kill has no right to exist!" He said.

"... That's right... I am a sword with no heart."

Nemesis was resolute in staying alive long enough to be wed to Haruka and see Harbinger wail in the utmost pain thought imaginable. So, all that could be done is allow Okuri to vent - not let him do away with her just yet. So, the violent, berserking hero's shadow was conjured behind her in Void, forming to be the insane "Ace" - Blaster Joker. Blaster Blade who had been Reversed was not screaming or shouting in his usual madness, but instead, snarling maliciously toward that which would harm his partner.

Photon groaned, realizing he was stuck here.

Aoi had been nearly blown off her feet, but the snow of her imagination was piled up high enough to keep her in place. This image was incredibly strong for snow to be felt at all. The gumball needed to stop this fight, and could only try to figure out what to say to the two as they commenced.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Carlos thought very carefully about the problems posed by the sudden discovery of a weakness among the strongest of the Reapers. He understood what Okuri said, and he recognized that his friend was 100% right about it. It didn't matter if Tomozo had influence over Harbinger's personality, it was too small to change anything and sparing the squid wasn't in his plans either. Giving up on finding another solution seemed like the most logical choice given the short time they had on their hands. But again, just giving up the possibility of saving the soul of red-haired vessel was... Well, lets just say it was during times like this that he missed the sudden boost in confidence that Dragonic Kaiser Crimson gave him a while ago.

Immersed in his thoughts, he didn't notice when Okuri abandoned his side to confront a newcomer to the base - The previous commander of the Resistance turned robot, Hikari... Or whatever the hell she was called. At that point, she had like four valid names. The noise made by the crown discussing their doubts about the loyalty to humanity by their new leader and cyborg soldier made thinking difficult. "Ugh, do they have to talk so loud?" He muttered, looking away from the spectacle ready to unfold. "I mean, you are right beside me and still you're silent as a..." He then addressed his friend, noticing that he was on the other side of the place and ready to fight not-Nemesis. "...Tomb. Shit" He finished. He then rushed to where the crown was gathering, unable to feel the subtle tremors caused by his friend. "Oh, not again!".

The waves of furious energy unleashed by Okuri along with that blinding light emanating from him were powerful enough to knock various members of the Resistance, Carlos included. Thanks to them, he was able to not only feel but understand the rage that his friend was holding. The beautiful words spoken by the spirit about Yukino ("Oh, that's the other name. I nearly forgot") made the following revelation about the death of their friend Bashiro more difficult to handle. The circumstances of his demise were unknown to the young man until now, so that new bit of information was shocking to say the least. His response was just logical... But still, it wasn't time for a civil war among the ranks. Those things never end well.

After all the tremors and energy blasts and what not, the young cardfighter tried to approach his friend once again but realized it was too late - Okuri and not-Nemesis were already fighting. "Okuri! Stop this now! This is stupid and you know it!" He shouted, but it was clear the spirit wasn't listening and had no intentions to stop the duel. "What the hell is Karin doing!? Why isn't she putting an end to this!?" He thought, looking for the leader. For now, the only thing he could do was watch and hope that no one got hurt.

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:09 pm

In his rage Okuri launched an assault with a very unsure Great Nature. As much as they wanted to help him this was frightening and unlike anything they'd seen in him before. Carlos called out to him to stop but it didn't matter. Before him was Nemesis. She still used Link Joker. She still used Blaster Joker. She still locked units. She wasn't anything different. And yet she claimed to be Yukino. Claimed to be feeling any sense of pain for the thing's she'd done. How far was Harbinger's toy willing to go to act this part?

The Tester legion arrived but even they had their doubts about the fight. And in time it became apparent that Okuri would not be winning. The two yelled at each other over the things they'd lost the things they wanted back. Nemesis spoke of a sister, a story Okuri knew nothing about and at the moment frankly cared nothing about. If she was really their ally she would revive their fallen friends as she had so eagerly done for the Reapers. And yet her powers "didn't work that way". And why should they? But what good was she for anything if she couldn't undo the damage she'd caused.

The legions clashed and the Sword of Void and Ace were too strong for the Foxes. Okuri had lost the fight but it still wasn't enough. This couldn't satisfy him. Nemesis still lived. He was somewhat hurt from the fight but it was clear Yukino hadn't been trying to hurt him terribly. Now he had Nemesis' pity and his anger burned all the brighter. He got once more to his feet. His units turned back to face him to try and dissuade him from his cause but it meant nothing to him. All that mattered was Nemesis lying dead at his feet.

"It's not over... I'll die before I let you walk away from here!!" He yelled out as he charged the woman with all the strength his recently recovered body could muster. He lunged forward ready to bite out her neck and his teeth found a mark...

But it wasn't at all what he had intended. This was a shoulder. But it wasn't Nemesis'...

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Nemesis and Ace responded to Okuri's assault in kind to allow him to vent and then calm down. Interestingly, Link Joker was still in her hands... but that was to be expected if her body was the same. She can't even hear the Paladins anymore, and Photon is staying by her for a reason he isn't explaining with a wicked grin teasing at the true motive. Regardless, the Berserk Emotion Star-vaders defended themselves, Nemesis intentionally calling them by their true names: "Wingal", "Marron", and "Gallatin". However, she still referred to her partner as "Ace"... feeling a bit selfish, but knowing Ahmes allowed it. They were both still monsters who have been completely changed in body and soul by the God of Death, so just as she prefers being referred to as a weapon, he too prefers being referred to as his insane persona. Truly, from the very beginning, Ahmes couldn't stay away from her side. Great Nature was entirely unsure about following their vanguard as the duel commenced, while the Star-vaders didn't have any particular emotion to show in response other than violent growling. As far as they were concerned, their comrade was being attacked, so the hints of Royal Paladin kicked into mind with anger in the mix, resulting in furious self-defense.

Nemesis willingly took a beating from a massive amount of triggers, watching Okuri rip a Critical Trigger the majority of his turns, and still defending thanks to the massive help of Black Hole Lock and Dimension Link Sever. Despite Yukino hating Link Joker with all her heart, she was forced to stand with it, and did so with surprising skill. ... And absolutely refused that disgusting power of erasure. Nemesis allowed herself to reply to Okuri's anger with her own fury, noting that she wasn't happy with anything she's done nor content with being a cyberoid. He wanted his friends back, she wanted her sister back and wanted Haruka to have never been dragged into this war.

In the final instant of Okuri's last Twin Drive, the Foxes... held back, it seemed like. A Critical Trigger or even just a single Trigger was the end of the game, yet... Okuri didn't hit anything. Nemesis survived by the skin of her teeth, and slashed at her foes in order to simply get them away from her instead of causing harm.

"I won't end", she growled. "Not until I see Harbinger's death!" Nemesis vowed, grabbing one of her detached blades, poised to stop Okuri's assault even if it meant injuring him. ... And she didn't strike when the wind blew, a blur moving at the speed of light stepping in front of her.

"Augh!!" Aoi, the child of potential had rushed in front of the super weapon Nemesis, and took the wrath and sorrow of the spirit of the earth Okuri... as a bite into her shoulder. She winced in pain, clearly hurt on top of feeling her other wound burn from such excessive movement. Her eyes were clenched shut, her teeth gritting harshly from the jolting shock of teeth having dug through the skin, blood beginning to stream from it. Others were... shocked, especially the android to say the least. Aoi slowly opened her eyes, grinning through the agony. "That's... enough Okuri... It's alright now." The gumball spoke softly and quietly, in attempt to calm the currently feral entity. "It hurts... knowing Jessie and Bashiro aren't here... That a lot of people aren't here... But... She hurts too."

"You...?" Nemesis didn't quite understand, watching as Aoi hugged the spirit's body, wrapping her arms around his fluffy stature, and even beginning to pet him while lowering herself down with him.

"We all... hurt."

"... Who are you?"

"We met once awhile ago... I'm not surprised you don't remember me... So, let me speak. My name is... Aoi. Not Aoi Undyne, and I'm not my former self: Cyan Aoi, the Seed who attacked Gotem City with Admiral Maelstrom."

"That... was you?"

"I come from a timeline where Master Jellal freed Aqua Force and Aqua Force won at everything that plagued the world. Schwarzschild Dragon was defeated as was the false Messiah... Star-vaders were repelled, or so we thought until they appeared with Deletors. Everything began to crumble apart, and I, who played Tetra Drive Dragon helped in the efforts to stop them. ... I failed, Master Jellal was deleted, and I inherited Maelstrom. Even then, in my recklessness, I lost not my life but the potential to ever reach Glory. Because of that... I was Reversed, sort of. But that Gear Dragon: Chronojet Dragon gave me a chance to save my dying world, because the Reapers had ravaged everything beyond recovery. Earth... Cray... all of civilization had no hope of living much longer.

So I came to the main timeline to drain it of its time.

And I couldn't hurt anybody. I tried with Satoshi, Raiden, even Fubuki, but I couldn't hurt a single person to save any of my own people. I even let myself die knowing I was messing up the flow of time here.

So when I saw Glendios destroying this world... I stepped in to fight and help save a time that isn't my own."

"... For what purpose? You didn't know anyone here, and the Resistance was ready to kill you distortions on sight. Why would you help us?!"

"... I was reincarnated with a second chance to live, made friends, cried without end, and remembered the horror of what happened to those around me. I don't want the same thing to happen to other people. I never want it, no matter what, even if it meant betraying all my own friends and families in my own time.

Chronos told me I would disappear, and I'm scared.

I'm so, so scared.

I don't want to disappear or die.

... But what I'm more afraid of... is not doing anything when I can help everyone else."

Nemesis found herself practically choking, searching for words to respond to this... this... what was she? This child gave a quick summary that tells her life and existence, her failure against the Reapers, her doomed timeline... and how she still couldn't attack people on purpose to save her people. This is... nothing like Yukino's mirror: Queen Yukino. This isn't like any of them to her knowledge... A distortion willingly chose death for the sake of her enemies - obstacles in the way of her own world prospering again. And even now, she remembered her world, and is still fighting not to save her timeline, not for herself or her own life, but simply for someone else.

... This person trusted Nemesis and Karin, this person also pet and spoke to Okuri like a mother speaking to their lost, crying child. That was more than enough evidence that the people who used to be in the God of Death's clutches were trustworthy. This girl, no... "... You... hero." Nemesis breathed, only watching the gumball. That's all she was - that's all people could think Aoi was.

This soul was a true hero.

Last edited by Best Girl on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top