"Call my Name"

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Call my Name"

Post by Doggy on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:38 am

It was Sun God vs a spirit of the Earth. The two never gave each other their names. Those were unnecessary details. Okuri stood with Carlos and the Resistance at his back. The Overlord needed to be stopped. But more than that Okuri needed to put rest the beliefs of this man. His old way of thought. The battle erupted. Both were battered from the recent battles. Both had beliefs they wouldn't go back on. There was only force to convince the other. His body was barely holding up as it was. But there was no time to question or hesitate.

Okuri dove into battle.

Solis was quick to state he would save everyone while Okuri felt determined to fight for all of his friends and all the humans of Earth. The Sun God quickly retired Telescope Rabbit with fire from Gatling Claw Dragon. Both shouted at each other as the battle proceeded. Solis quickly checked a critical but Broadcast Rabbit appeared to help soften the blow. Okuri swarmed the field with Researcher Fox, Lamp Camel and Sleepy Tapir as he had against Fuki and deliver quick blows.

In time the Overlord from before, Sharyu, appeared on the Vanguard circle to battle. Solis attempted to destroy Tapir as he could not be retired but Okuri held fast in defending his friend. That was what this was all about. Protecting friends. Before he had believed mankind to be prone to the same errors of the past. Generation after generation repeated the mistakes of their fathers. But what he had failed to notice was the change each new generation sought to make. And in some cases greater suffering may well have come to them for it. But they were trying to be different. The people of the resistance weren't fighting merely to maintain their own lives. They wanted a future for everyone. Despite everything telling them not to they held on to that hope.

And that was precious.

That was worth protecting.

And try as he might Solis wouldn't be allowed to take that away from people without a fight. Okuri could feel it inside. It didn't matter how many of his friends died in this war of if he died. They were fighting for this cause. So long as a single one of them held onto it he would fight til the end no matter the pain or threat to his own life. As the Sun God returned attacks with his Overlord Okuri's body felt ready to fall apart. It was too battered to beaten, too broken. And yet it kept moving. Even though they were deleted Okuri knew this is what the Hakaisha brothers would have wanted of him. To keep fighting.

The Fox legion appeared once more, they themselves tired beyond belief from the many battles. But so long as their vanguard stood they would stand with him. They and all the allied forces of Great Nature. Rearguards continued to show for Okuri as well as triggers. He had survived a brutal attack from the Sharyu legion and now stood. Solis was at four damage. This had to be the end.

"I can still fight..." he began through heavy breathing. He looked around to the members of the Resistance still fighting by his side. And then to Carlos, the friend who had helped him stand when he thought he couldn't anymore. "Not until you've been defeated. Not until you can't hurt them anymore!" He yelled as he began his turn. As he readied his attacks Solis commented on the difference between their fights.

"Your words stayed in my mind since our last fight. I knew them as my own. Yet... since meeting them, since fighting with them... I reject my old thoughts! I'll never stop fighting to protect them! I won't let you or anyone take them from me!" he called in defiance of the fate the Reapers intended to deal the planet. More rearguards assembled and it came to the legion attack. Okuri summoned every last bit of his strength and charged with the Fox Legion toward the Overlord and Solis. The drive revealed the winning critical, this was the end. The Foxes launched powerful explosives at the Ace standing over Solis and the trio together rammed into the god of the sun with everything they had. Okuri let out a howl and the Foxes joined in the yell as they dealt the final damage!

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:00 am

The Emperor sent his Wrath to deal with the interruption before him, the husk that had defeated him again and again. With this new power... This time he'd defeat her. Despite the terrifying power that the Emperor held, she... Mocked him. Again and again. Refused to acknowledge his power, the path he was carving. The anger and rage he felt pushed him to use his power early, far earlier than he should have.

"I..." The Emperor paused, his "strength" seeming to wane. "Will..." He created an opening, forcing himself to take Karin's final blow head on like he took on Darren's. Silently, the Emperor seemed to fall from the sky... But that quickly changed. His power flared up, rising again to even greater heights than before.

"DESTROY YOU FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!" The lock on Fubuki was broken, the barrier separating the Emperor's foes from Nemesis and the others shattered. All of the Emperor's energy was now exploding, out of control. His rage had awakened even further power from the Void he held. Now, his very presence seemed to crush the buildings around him. One thing, however, was very odd: A blue orb was ejected from the Emperor and was now resting on the ground below him which appeared to be... Locked? Yet otherwise, it was untainted by any of the Void's energy despite how much of it was held in the Emperor's body

Amid the raining destruction was one orb that was vastly different from the rest; almost completely untainted by the void bar what looked like the red rings of Lock around it. Its purpose was unknown. All it did after being released from the Emperor was stick to the ground, emitting a bright blue glow amid the carnage of black and red.

The Emperor's rage was directed at Karin, and three massive balls of void were formed by this being of apocalyptic power.

"This is the price you pay for insubordination," he said as he launched all three of them at Karin. He had even completely forgotten about the mongrels that he had last fired void at. Without even waiting to see the results, the Emperor turned towards the people on the other side of where the barrier had been.

"Bow," was all he said as his aura exploded again, obliterating the tops of buildings.

Threshold Increased: ??? (Fighting him is useless, you have to find another way!)

---------------------------

Then she saw it, the blue orb that came from this "Emperor." It gave off an... oddly familiar aura but she wasn't really sure what it was. During her brief moments of respite to observe the orb, the realized there was no other blasts being fired near it. Her brain ran through explanation after explanation as to why it was there, what it was. She couldn't figure out what it was, but... she definitely could tell it was important.

Exhausted from the lock, Fubuki took cover for a brief rest to catch her breath. The Emperor's power was terrifying and it grew by the second, Nemesis had infinite stamina, what the hell else was going to go wrong!?

Lightning King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:06 am

...And then Cero powered up. Again. Shit.

Was everyone she fought going to pull this stunt?

Spreading her wings and pulling away from Cero, Karin put a considerable distance between the two of them, weaving around the void orbs with care not to even so much as graze them. She couldn't afford to take a hit of that magnitude.

In fact, she couldn't afford to keep fighting Cero like this either. With an even larger well of power than he had before, Karin would only have slim chances of actually overpowering him further... She'd done all she could here, and she still needed to give support to the fight against Nemesis.

With her characteristic speed, Karin took off towards where she felt Nemesis' energy, blazing through the sky.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:14 am

And so, like many of the other Reaper Drones, the strongest God of the Sun Solis fought valiantly without hesitation or remorse against Okuri, the Spirit who thought in the likeness of himself in a time before. It was funny how the kindred spirits met only once in battle, only to see each other again and realize they took mirroring paths. Akin to Seeds - similarly to Yukino Espoir who was humbled by defeat and Queen Yukino who emitted raw arrogance from endless victory... these two would have taken the path of the other if a different step had been taken. Kagero and Great Nature clashed one more time, bidding farewell to the legendary ancient sun warrior who fought for the people, by the people, and beyond the people. Solis was utterly exhausted, even as far as his demigod prowess drove him. He was fueled by pure ambition - the unbridled desire to save everyone from calamity after calamity. It wasn't just him either. Those of Purgatory - "Perdition" howled, the very soul of his former comrade leading as "Sharyu". He could barely retire, it was hard to keep up since Okuri took the momentum faster than him, and he still hissed and breathed in defiance. The Ace roared, attacking Okuri and the militia in a line with his Vanguard- nay, his partner. Sublime, heavenly, ultimate, undeniable in existence - the Overlord made known his will for battling the greatest duels of his ending life for the end of consciousness. Never would Dracokids despair, nor would Cray tremble in terror of the Overlord's godly might instead of courageously warring alongside him and speaking to him like a friend - like Solis did.

... Courageously...? ... Ha. The Overlord chuckled to himself, caught in a bit of nostalgia. To this day, even in Transcendence, that man affected even him, imparting such a trait in his burning heart. What a thrill, seeking his ambition and the heat of blood boiling war born from a rivalry with a little, squishy human being. "Very well! May we duel until we cannot any longer!" The Flame Dragon Emperor roared in drake tongue to his nation, whom all followed behind the Crimson God.

"Your visage has improved immensely." Solis commended Okuri. While the Sun God didn't speak it in their fight, his trademark came to mind. "Let us fight like warriors."

Solis understood everything, and realized his words would not be able to sway anyone. Every last member of the Resistance was fighting because they believed in a future, even with pain, willing to suffer, cry, wail, and wallow in agony until they earned their reprieve. He hated the idea so, as the people's suffering wounded him like no other. What was wrong with not having to fear for the future anymore? ... No, the answer to that question... no longer mattered. He still disagreed with everyone to the very end, but recalled his status as a Helioknight. He acts for the people, however, if the collective wills of the power have a greater idea for their prosperity than his, he had to submit. ... It was his duty - his responsibility - his creed - his decision. ... So... I will be a Knight.

Solis and Overlord were defeated by Great Nature, and with the combined efforts of those who battled them, the Sun God could no longer maintain Stride, the Ace vanishing within the annals of time. As the Spirit of the Earth and Great Nature charged, Overlord roared. But... Ace was gone, and Great was too injured, so-- It was Sharyu. The past summoned forth, the flame dragon resurrected by the Akashic Record howled, throwing itself at the attack instead of letting the Vanguard take damage. For an instant, an image of Karin protecting Solis flashed in mind. She said... she's taking him to the future with her. She got over her despair, and marched beyond the past. But... why? He was the enemy, even if he was trying to help people. This Overlord of another time... wanting to protect instead of mindlessly destroy in Harbinger's name was surrounded by two blue orbs orbiting the body, lightning and fire coming together as a spark of flaming hope. Grabbing onto them, thrusting the spheres forward and becoming engulfed by the energy, the corpse of a distorted Flame Dragon was cast away. In a flash, it took a new, serpent-like form gripping at the spheres with the power flaring about wildly, its image ancient, like its time from the past to the present. This created a wall of solar power to stop Okuri's charge, and the cost was the life of this new being, who wailed as it disappeared – dying in time.

Solis came down to the Earth without crashing down on it, a somber feeling overtaking-- “I... can't do it.” He muttered. “I cannot... change the hearts of man.”

“... So... you too, Solis?” A voice called out to the sun warrior. The redhead turned to see his ally in nihilism: Kachidoki, wounded, but still breathing. The Resistance thought to shoot them both, but... neither of them were focused on humanity at the moment, and the honorable warriors... did deserve a moment, if they were fighting to them in the first place, in their own way.

“Kachidoki... My friend.”

“I tried... very hard on one soul. To convince them of a future like a flickering lightbulb, constantly going out, and constantly, miraculously regaining power. I failed... I failed on that one person.”

“... I failed to change anyone's mind in the end as well, my brother in arms.”

“I'm sorry.”

“What for? We acted out of the will of our duty. To save people. Do you... regret anything of it?”

“Regret? … No... no. Of course not.”

“... Then, let us honorably concede. This is my decree, humanity: I surrender to your future, and I will not obstruct you from your war against the Gods of Salvation. Listen well! Solis Guren'ou will act as a Knight, putting the proven wills of the people before himself! He shall never fight in this war again, and neither will my comrade: Kachidoki!” Solis proclaimed, accepting defeat as he approached his fellow, lending a soldier to help the wounded samurai, despite his own injuries. “Come on... We'll find someplace quiet to watch the end of this era unfold.” He offered, and Kachidoki nodded. … Nobody wanted to stop either of them, watching the Singularity Point and the Samurai walk away in the rainy battlefield, departing from this bloodbath forevermore.

--------------------------------------------------

Now if only things were going so well with Nemesis. While hope seemed to spring up at other points, it was the complete opposite against the ex-commander. No... something was horribly wrong. Cero was a problem, but they had some sort of hope and relief that he could be eventually defeated. With Nemesis, the situation was quickly growing to completely hopeless. Ever since those starry eyes appeared, she's been an unstoppable train, countering every tactic, predicting every strategy, evading many assaults, and exploiting many weakpoints. Anything that light reflected off of gave the super weapon vision, allowing her to scan and identify movements, make educated guesses at plays, and more. Aoi went from cheerful to panicky as she was one of the main victims of this monster's rampage, the spirit of Maelstrom being left in the open as Ace struck at it, inflicting damage to Aoi. The child of potential sputtered, spewing blood and feeling as if she was being stabbed in the stomach by the attack.

“A-Augh...!” She cried out painfully, wincing with two streams of blood formed at her mouth. Nemesis was accelerating, and dashed past the gumball, cutting at her with the detached swords. “Aaaah!!” Was shrieked, Aoi falling to the ground with a gash opened at her side.

“Unknown power proving highly effective, noting to report another time.” The android spoke to herself, and took a sweep of her blades to let loose a wave of Void at the advancing Overlord the Cross, already having seen her movements.

Solis had been defeated, the most despair-inducing rendezvous between the Sun God and the Twisted Exculpate successfully prevented thanks to the efforts of many and more. However, Cero is powering up, and Nemesis has no weaknesses...!!

Best Girl
Administrator

View user profile http://derpnexus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:33 am

Karin felt a flash of heat, faint and faraway, like a whisper. A sound not like a roar, but a cry, one that originated from one of her most hated enemies. Only this time... It reverberated with a sound not unlike the piece of her that slept deep within, the sound of the other Karin. Even with the great distance between them, the link between Sharyu and Karin lingered, if only as a thread- One that had just been severed. She felt Sharyu's fall within her.

But she would determine her feelings about that later.

Unsheathing her golden blade, it shined with the white light that had felled Sovereign's double, the fragment of holy power that Yukino had imparted unto her. "Not a chance!" she roared, slashing through the wave of void. Karin pulled her other sword from its sheath and shot a beam of light into the air, calling the shade of the past- Overlord The End- to her side. She'd waste no time with Nemesis, and there was only one option for fighting such a foe. "I'd hoped not to do this so soon, but..."

The Overlord reached deep into her own soul, to her very core, where the raging flame that existed as her heart resided. Gripping it, she drew her strength from her own life essence, just as the Overlord of the past- her shade, The End- had done. She would only have so much time with this power before she could no longer sustain it, but Karin was willing to take whatever risks necessary- short of death. "I don't know how much time I can buy you, Haruka, but you better show up quickly..."

With her choice made, she let out a roar and an enormous burst of strength followed it, her entire body becoming engulfed in flames. With The End at her side, the twin Overlords charged at Nemesis, ready to clash swords.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:45 am

"AOI!!!" Jellal strode through everything to get to his injured disciple after Nemesis had attacked her and left her wincing in pain. "Aoi.... Nemesis...." was all that he could think of as he pushed aside literally anyone or anything that got in his way. He finally managed to appear by her side and grabbed her hand and held it tightly in the palm of his own.

"Aoi..." He said in a soft tone of voice. He wanted to scream but knew that would cause even more pain. "Aoi... please... speak to me..."

"PLEASE!" he pleaded as his indigo eyes started to flood and pour down like tiny streams.

ZanKisaragi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Amidst the chaos, more power seemed to erupt from Cero and Nemesis. This was just... growing more and more ridiculous. What was this, some kind of anime? Tearing his mind from the sarcastic thoughts of the reality of the situation, Seifer turned his head in time to see Aoi become impaled by one of the detached blades, with Jellal moving to her side. Would she be alright? He couldn't tell from where he stood, but his mind grew somewhat hazy, his thoughts spinning as Karin brought out even more power just to hold off Nemesis. Falling to his knees, the brunette didn't even heed the voice of the self proclaimed Emperor, rather he was just losing the will to fight. There had been to many casualties throughout this war, too many people lost to the Reapers and their transformed friends and allies. Far too many people he couldn't protect, the weight of guilt starting to pile up again on his mind.
Drifting in the abyss of his mind again, there was no light just the dark... The voices of those he'd lost, those he'd failed. "What good am I? What's my worth compared to anyone else...?" his voiced echoed softly, slowly accepting the cold embrace of worthlessness again. He couldn't even get through to one of the last people left that mattered to him, she being a puppet of the Reapers again. Was he really this weak?... What was it that he was lacking compared to the others? Hell, even his sister by blood was revered as one of the beacons of light. He was just some no name living in the shadow of Yukino Espoir, and everyone else. No one really gave a shit about him unless he was in their way...

"That's right." his voice echoed again... wait, no? Turning his head slightly, it seemed he was looking into a mirror, his face staring back at him. "No one gives a shit about us. We don't matter, and the only time someone helps us? It's to make them feel better: to ease their guilt so that they can just keep on abusing how we feel." the reflection spoke softly, without anger... as if trying to soothe a crying child. He felt something cold and hard against his back now, a platform? Standing up, he looked around, remembering this place from when he had taken over Umano to just... disappear.

Turning his attention back to his reflection, he was met with the look of despair. His reflection was anguished, hurting. "Everyone just walks over our feelings because the only thing that matters is what they want. They're all selfish pieces of shit, these people we call our friends... allies, family." looking down, Seifer shut his eye halfway. He couldn't really... deny this reflection. It's how he felt, holding in all of his own pain while others expected people to pay attention to their feelings. "It's not fair..." he clenched his fist as the mirror stared on. "I'm garbage and it shows. I matter less than anyone else. Only the people who've succeeded matter, and no matter how much I struggle I can't be one of them. And it pisses me off!" he shouted, lashing out at the mirror before him... shattering it like glass much to the reflection's surprise. "I hate you! Why couldn't I of been something different?! Why couldn't I of been better?!" he lashed out like a child at himself, his self loathing coming to a head. This endless cycle of slowly getting better, only to regress into wanting to just... disappear, was wearing on him even more than the feeling of loss. Falling to his knees, he began sobbing, the tears streaming down his face and dropping to the platform he was kneeling on. Succumbing to his despair, he collapsed onto his side... the darkness that was waiting at the edges of the platform slowly creeping upon his frame, the reflection appearing again and grinning softly.

As the darkness began to cloud his vision, his thoughts drifted to a lost love... a soft light touching down against his cheek, the encroaching darkness and specter disappearing in a flash of white light. There was a feeling of warmth now against his face, as he turned his clouded gaze upwards to see the silhouette of a girl... her hand against his cheek. "I must look really pathetic like this..." he spoke softly, his voice hoarse from crying. "No silly, you're human just like everyone else. You deserve to be happy, and you can show your pain just like everyone else. You showed it to me after all... the voice that came from the girl was neither sad, nor happy... just comforting as she gently stroked his cheek. Shutting his eye, Seifer sighed. "But I couldn't save you, or anyone. I'm just too w-..." she placed a finger on his lips to make him be quiet. "Nope, enough of that. You're too hard on yourself, you always have been. So relax okay? You may of lost some, but there are still people depending on you. So get up, for me okay?" her voiced echoed softly as the light began to pour into Seifer's body.
Outside, where Seifer had fallen to his knees, what seemed to be a pair of angelic wings of aetheric energy enveloped the brunette, a column of darkness exploding up from where he was into the sky. The sheer force of it caused gusts of wind but didn't cause any mass destruction... power didn't have to. You could just feel it in the air as the pillar subsided, Seifer standing up now. In his right hand was an ephemeral blade laced with chains and glowing softly with an aura of darkness... Excess energy seemed to be expended for a moment in a pair of vibrant purple wings and feathers, the wind blowing the eyepatch off of his face. "Enough!" he shouted, hopefully drawing attention or distracting but... It was clear it wasn't much of a fake show of strength.

Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Nemesis synchronized with her Avatar: Blaster Joker, and the Chosen Sword of Void alongside the Sword of Madness thundered forth to collide with the twin Overlords: The Cross and The End. They became a priority, the detached blades all gathering for the duel with Kagero, the woman taking up two in both hands. Their charge started as running, then they picked up with an explosive dash that tore the wind asunder, moving like a bullet at their targets. Ace poured his movements into keeping The End's assaults away from his partner, hollering angrily as a battlecry and lunging at the shade of the past with the dimmed Sword of Courage, Void lightning crackling about the blade as the rivals would meet in battle once again, only tragically so like the Liberator and the Rebirth met.

Meanwhile, the Twisted Exculpate took advantage of the fact that she would properly wield a group of swords all at once over her foe's lesser number of steel, along with the fact that she could move them with telepathy. In her left hand, she would swing her two swords at the Cross in an attempt to slash at her. With the right, they would prepare for a reactive attack, either countering if knocked off balance, or aiming to combo if the left hand's connected. To further a lock in movement, the fifth detached blade moved by itself above the super weapon, darting toward Karin.

Aoi gripped at her bleeding side, mustering her resolve to at least sit up. She was glad she was so optimistic and cheery, since now was the time for the fruits of her determination to keep her conscious. Medics rushed over after Jellal approached the gumball, and she gazed toward her mentor like a wounded baby animal. "M-Master..." She gasped in pain, and the gust of wind from Seifer's burst of energy didn't help settle her, but nothing in this environment would do that. "S-Seifer..." She called out to, leaning toward Jellal and clenching her eyes shit, tightening her entire body to cry out from the agony of the gash in her side. Another cough of blood, and another, and another as she fell backward.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:32 pm

The Twin Overlords began their struggle with the fallen hero and the Void Ace, each of them taking eachother on in a pair of one-on-ones, the Ace drawing The End away from Karin herself. Trying to regroup could only end poorly- It would leave an opening for whomever they stopped focusing during their brief period of time spent convening, and any such opening would surely mean death. So, the two Overlords would have to fight their battles separately. The End clashed with its former rival, the corrupted Blaster Blade, just as Rebirth had crossed blades with the Liberator in the past.

Karin, however, was faced with the one-woman-army herself, staring down a void-empowered Yukino wielding nearly three times as many blades as she did. It was a clear numbers disadvantage, meaning Karin could only rely on her reflexes and her speed... And that was already seeming to provide only a slim advantage. Nemesis attacked relentlessly right from the start, aiming at Karin from three sides- She only had two swords to parry her with. So, Karin did what she did best.

The flames cloaking her body extended and burst outwards, while Karin herself slipped backwards, flipping her own blade to hold it backhanded. This wouldn't dodge the attack entirely, but it would provide the little time she needed. Holding up the old Overlord's sword to defend with, she slid back across the ground, her cloak of fire returning in an instant.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:48 pm

"RAAAAAAHHHHH!!" Blaster Joker howled mindlessly, Photon having taken a step back to watch the swordsman of light driven by unsupervised madness, beginning to move extremely fast while aiming for powerful, precise strikes to match blows with his forgotten rival like they would each time they met in war. That "light" couldn't recall anything, only screaming over confusion of feelings it didn't understand, literally going berserk to smash apart anything in sight. A pitiable existence, and one he couldn't even lament over. His attacks became frantic and wild...

Nemesis felt her attack connect, but was attacked by the bursting cloak of flames, causing the android to reel back in surprise and preventing her second attack, along with the fire knocking away the fifth blade. She wasn't even sure if her twin blades hit Karin or clanged against Overlord's sword that Karin used to defend... for an instant. Utilizing the power of her starry eyes, she could see the strike did indeed clash with the old Overlord's sword, but Nemesis used the information to her advantage, immediately springing through the flames as they returned to Karin and enduring the heat to slash forth with her right hand's swords.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:01 pm

"Come on, Yukino! Show me what a Hero like you can do!"

Karin shouted out the former savior's name, and twirled her body around on the spot. Bringing her backhanded blade around, she caught Nemesis' attack and yanked it off to the side. Pulling her left hand back, she swung with her other sword, aiming to strike down on Nemesis' back. Karin did her best to hold this stance, attempting to keep one of the superweapon's arms disabled while she swung at her with her free hand, constantly darting her eyes around to watch for the remaining stray blades.

The End deflected and blocked the Joker's wild swings with his lava sabers, holding his twin pistols at his sides and firing off rounds here and there, trying to get any sort of damage in on the corrupted Blaster. His sporadic and unpredictable movements made aiming difficult, and melee combat even more so, but at the same time, the flow of anger that surged through the Ace made his own movements easy enough to read, absolutely no grace masking them. The two former rivals danced their flurry of blades, sparks and droplets of the molten swords flying in every direction.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:17 pm

"I do not know anyone by that name!! My name is Neme-" Before Nemesis could finish angrily retorting with her quirk as usual, her attack was deflected by Karin's other sword, causing the android to spin from the violent motion, and be struck by the first blade from behind. Eldritch hissing and roaring came from the super weapon's mouth, wincing in pain from this counter. Then, she emitted the sound of a machine's activation, a flash of her starry eyes as the swords from one hand shot off with telepathy, they and the fifth from earlier all darting at Karin from three directions. Then, Nemesis releases a small burst of Void from her body, proceeding to jam the blades she kept into the earth, and dragging them up to cut at her foe again, along with elevating her power to bring up rubble with the movement AND raise rubble from the ground at a bursting speed to attack.

This wasn't all she'd use to attack either.

The Twisted Exculpate poured so much force into her swing that nothingness was released from it as well, bombarding a nearby structure of the Card Capital district with a slice that tore it off, causing it to fall in their direction.

Blaster Joker blinked and darted about randomly with no rhyme or reason as The End fired bullets from the giant pistols at him, screaming excessively as he managed to exchange melee blows every now and then while backing off. Strikes of lightning and streaks of fire exploded from the rivals, painting the warring grounds with their white-hot clash. Ace was taking damage, and like Nemesis, he tanked through it. However, he did grow angrier and louder with each blow landed on himself, and every few would cause him to go even madder, speeding up and slashing around the Flame Dragon erratically.

Aoi found herself crying in more pain from the shockwaves of the two-versus-two, the earth shaking from the bout, unsettling her and her wounds further.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cipher on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:13 pm

After the initial burst of power, the wings of energy remained outstretched, so there was obviously no control over any of it. However, at the pained cries of Aoi, Seifer's head turned, gritting his teeth. All of this was not helping, but what could he do? 'Don't think, act.' He mentally told himself before raising his hand, summoning both Loving Healer and Healing Revenger, one being on loan for now. Without waiting for a command from the brunette, both healers made their way to Aoi's side, attempting to heal her and while it was slow... they would stay there to help.

Seifer however... He turned his attention to Cero since Karin seemed to be okay fighting Nemesis... For now anyway. Readying the blade which had transformed, he breathed out slowly. Was he really about to do this? ...Why the hell not. There were people here to protect, and that's what he chose to do... no matter what.

Cipher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZanKisaragi on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Jellal continued to hold onto Aoi's hand as Seifer's Healing Revenger were helping his disciple recover. "Thank goodness..." he said to himself. The healing was minor but effective enough to keep Aoi steady.

"Thank you Seifer." he said to his fellow Revenger as he watched Seifer prepare for another fight. Just then Blaster Dark appeared.

"As much as you want to fight, I think it'd be best you stay by Aoi's side." He said cautiously.

"But Nemesis... did this to A-"

"I know. But Nemesis is Yukino. Charging after her for revenge is counterproductive." This coming from the one who is part of the Revengers, the irony is strong with this one. "Stay by Aoi and watch over her, since you also are able to call upon Healing Revengers as well." Jellal took a look at his deck and remembered that. "Aoi can't defend herself, so it'd be up to y- no, it'd be up to us, to watch over her and protect her." As usual, Blaster Dark was right.

"Alright." Jellal said smiling while watching over Aoi. "Stay with me and don't you dare give up! That's an order, Aoi!"

ZanKisaragi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggy on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 pm

The charge of the Fox Legion and their vanguard was halting unexpectedly by Sharyu of all things. Solis, the Great and the Ace were all unable to defend themselves but Sharyu stood fast before them. It took on a strange new serpentine form and stopped the trio in their tracks. But it shortly faded out of existence. It was a one time defense. Enough to spare Solis his life. Okuri would have gone further to ensure the sun God was felled but he no longer had the strength. He nearly fell but the two foxes on either side of him took hold of him, an arm around his back and one holding his chest each. All three were battered and tired beyond belief.

But as it turned out Solis was done. Solis and another drone Kachidoki swore they would no longer interfere with this battle. Tester was about as ready to believe it as he was ready to believe Kagero or Link Joker would be sending him a reimbursement for the equipment that had been damaged through the fight. But for Okuri it was enough. He knew the caliber of man that stood before him and knew that as he said so he would do. A peaceful smile came to his face as the two departed. The conflict with the man was over. Nemesis and another threat loomed in the distance but at the least they no longer needed fear the reunion of the Sun God and the machine overflowing with void energy.

It was just now the full weight of his exhaustion began to hit the spirit. His legs barely functioned and the support of the Foxes was essential to his moving. With their help he made his way back to Carlos' side amidst cheers from the nearby resistance members who though happy were realizing it was too early to celebrate so long as Nemesis stood against them. Reaching Carlos' side Okuri thanked his companions and looked to his friend.

"Thank you for supporting me Carlos. I'd still be wallowing in misery at the base if not for your help. This victory is as much yours as mine." he said with a smile. His strength was failing him and the Foxes were the last to fade back to Cray of his units. Without their support Okuri stood in place for a moment. He stood shaking and quivering and breathing heavily. And then at once he collapsed forward onto the ground. He continued breathing heavily with a soft whimper. It was time to rest yet consciousness remained. He wouldn't be able to do much past watch the rest of the conflict at this point. But it was enough. His soul felt some measure of peace from the conflict with the Sun God.

"One day... I'll show you you were wrong... And then you can be happy with the rest of us..." he said under his breath to Solis who had long since departed.

Last edited by Doggy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Doggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Karin actually managed to land a blow on the corrupted supersoldier, only for her to retaliate with three times as much force. An attack that came from all directions, and one that Karin had no way of avoiding completely. With less than a second to make her choice on how to react, she lunged forward and rolled over Nemesis. With a foot to her back, Karin kicked off of her foe like a springboard, putting a sizable gap in distance between the two and escaping the range of the bombardment of attacks. But she did not escape entirely unharmed.

Some of the rubble impacted against her armor, and she felt the pain in a leg and and her left arm. Two of the blades had found their mark, leaving a noticeable gash on Karin's side, and her right cheek. The shockwave itself had taken its toll too, and the flames that enveloped the Overlord dimmed, ever so slightly.

"Hah... Now that's what I'd expect from you, Yukino!"

The End wasn't faring much better, either. The more enraged and wild his opponent became, the more The End began to notice that they were trading blows, yes, but Blaster Joker was beginning to win out on those trades. Every blow the Overlord landed, the Ace would find openings for two. Every shot fired from his pistols was either dodged, or only impacted for minimal damage. He was losing ground, too, unable to keep up with the Ace's incredible speeds. It was a war of attrition he couldn't win, and he knew it. But then, winning wasn't the goal to begin with. Both the Overlords knew their plan was, at least somewhat, working. Whatever time they could buy for the rest of the Resistance was precious, and provided Haruka that much more time to show up.

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:26 pm

When Okuri said that their next step was most likely hell, Carlos thought it was a joke. "Heh, I didn't knew you could mantain a sense of humor in situations like this". He then saw him motioning and taking off along with his Great Nature Units to the nearest giant enemy - A strangely altered and, of course, gigantic version of the popular and legendary Kagero Unit, Dragonic Overlord. "... Now that's a bigger problem". While still down over recent events, he followed him accompanied by his Thunder Dragons and other members of the Resistence. Once he was closer to the site where the giant Unit was wrecking havoc, he noticed that the controller of such creature was none other than the fire-covered Solis, and that his friend was currently fighting it with. Preparing his Bangle, he planned to act if something were to happen.

As the battle between the spirit and the Drone continued, it was becoming clear that the fight was something personal for Okuri. The confrontation put the beliefs of both warriors on the line, with the main conflict being trying to convince their opponent that they were wrong. The great power of the Kagero Clan was slowly becoming to much for the spirit to handle with his Units alone. He thought about intruding the battle but, after looking at the members of the Resistance behind him, the spirit surprised all the spectators of the fight after he managed to muster all the power he could to inflict enough damage to the Drone and the powerful Flame Dragon in order to win the duel once and for all. Being totally honest, Okuri looked so cool doing it that Carlos was nearly caught fanboying over it by the other soldiers.

After Solis fell to the ground, the Drone was soon joined by a familiar face in Carlos' memory - The honorable Drone, Kachidoki. "K-Kachidoki! You're here!" The young man said surprised, looking at the current injuries the warrior sustained. He couldn't remember the last time he saw the samurai, although he recalled that he sent him flying through an empty building. Crazy times. Both Drones exchanged words about not being able to 'change people's mind' before declaring their intention to leave the war and, for once, believe in the future the Resistance was fighting for. Allowed by the armed soldiers surrounding them, the Drones left the warzone looking for a quiet place to watch the end of the conflict, or so they said. No one said a word. Not even Carlos, who wanted to talk to the Drones and thank them for leaving the fight in such good terms. "No. I think they deserve some peace now" He thought, letting them leave the place.

Carlos looked at his friend proudly after thinking about what just happened while the rest of the soldiers abandoned their silence and cheered the victorious fighter. His friend, now at his limit and paying the toll of his untreated injuries, managed to slowly reach his side and thank him for his support and acknowledge that this victory was also his before finally collapsing on the floor. Those kind words re-ignited a little spark inside the young man, who wasted no time to let his friend know. "No way, Okuri. You did something I thought was completely impossible for a long time" He said to his friend, sitting right next to him while placing his hand on his head again. Bad habits never die. He recognized that the friendly spirit, through his fighting, managed to do the very thing the Narukami user couldn't do in any of his previous attempts - Change a Drone. He kept talking to his friend even though he was unsure if Okuri was still conscious. "You my friend managed to change the mind, the heart of a Drone. For better or worse, you reminded him why he shouldn't fight on that side of this stupid conflict. Thank you for that, but I can't allow the credit to go to anyone else but you".

"Let me tell you something. After... The mood whiplash that was fighting Fuki and Koga, a little ray of hope, like what happened with Karin in the park, was the only thing I needed to lift my spirits again. And I'm pretty sure it did. Thank you again, my friend. You're without a doubt the best" He said while sporting a big smile. "Also... You looked so cool when you gave that decisive blow to Dragonic Overlord!" He then continued, finally letting out his excitement over such an awesome fight. "Man, that was totally awesome! You really know how to give an 'anime' feeling to all these fights!".

"Now, I think its best for you to take a quick nap. You've done enough for today my friend" He then got up and motioned the nearby soldiers to take care of the resting Okuri. "Please, look after him. Take him back to the base if you deem it necessary". Summoning his Avatar, Recklessness Dragon, Carlos prepared to pay a visit to the rest of the enemy forces. "Next stop - Crazy brainwashed ex-boss android who will absolutely and without a doubt kill me on sight".

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoBuster on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:10 am

Watching The Emperor attempting to hurt the innocent people was where the line was drawn. Neo knew that Cero couldnt control himself. Neo had been in that spot a few times before.. the time when he followed Neu and when he was reversed.

Neo looked down at his new deck, filled with a Passionate Lightning.

"If there is something that could bring Cero back, its the Dragon he gave up on.."

"Fight me Cero!" Instead of hurting the innocent and my friends, Why dont you fight me right here, right now?!" Neo Screamed out!

NeoBuster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:18 am

The Emperor stared down at Seifer.  Karin had survived, but she was going to kill herself against Nemesis so there was no point yet in wasting energy on her.  His Right and Wrath moved, Wrath towards Seifer while the Right positioned itself to face Neo as the Emperor descended to the ground, the orb between him and the others.

"Fine then. If you both desire to fight, I shall crush you both here and now. However..." The Emperor glared at Neo, the other person that once held Vermillion. "I won't fight the innocent. Those that accept my power... My Right... My Wrath... Shall be spared. Rebels, however..." The aura of the Kaiser erupted, sending out a wave of Void towards his challengers. "Shall be persecuted with extreme prejudice."

-----

Fubuki, meanwhile, sat in her little safe spot.  She was exhausted, too exhausted to move.  When she saw Nemesis injure Aoi, all she could do was reach out weakly...  Despite how much she wanted to move, her legs just wouldn't respond.  All of her energy had been used just making it to this spot, so the only thing she could do was stare into the sky, fearing for what would happen...  If she would lose a friend right in front of her eyes again...  Because of the same person too, if Aoi died here.

Lightning King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xateramusa on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 am

Xat quickly look to the 2 that were fighting and was suprised at seeing Nemises. "Yukino come back this is not what you truly want." She yellled to her as she quickly ran over ot her but stop when she saw aoi injured and walked over to her and began to ice her wounds some so she would not die of blood loss.

Xateramusa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Nemesis, though a monster of infinite stamina, was actually slowing down from the looks of things, not reacting fast enough to Karin leap over her and then leaping further off of her. Her body was heating up, having overclocked her systems for a prolonged amount of time and overheating. However, the stubbornness of her former self made that drawback irrelevant, bearing through the pain and turning to see the fleeing foe. Some of the collapsing rubble hit, as did the blades. Nemesis noticed, however, that she was in the area where the debris would fall. So, upon hearing "Yukino" again, she became enraged, calling back her detached swords and rending apart the debris with godlike speed and precision born from the Transcendence of Exculpate the Blaster, literally blasting the power output of her applications to do so, growling furiously as the sliced apart structure missed her.

Then, before she could even respond to Karin, Xat called out to her as well. Again, as "Yukino".

"My name... is Nemesis!!" The super weapon cried out, With Karin having gotten some distance and Xat being the most recent voice that pissed her off, Nemesis decided to aim for the latter, charging up and condescending Void, the ground about her trembling. Then, all five detached blades swung in an arc, releasing a blast of nothingness at Xat and the Resistance nearby. Aoi and others were terrified by the coming destructive energy... and humanity stepped up its game. Several nameless grunts and generals dashed forth with courage, slamming large shields down into the Earth, and others throwing out a number of Quintet Walls to get as many hands as possible. They had to stop it. They had to stop the commander. Even those useless sleazebags from the Umano Slums put their weigh in, pressing against the shields to brace for the attack. Within moments, the Void struck every shield obstructing it, and everyone was holding strong against it. The Resistance shouted barbarically, holding their ground with determination thought to be superhuman.

"Stop the boss!!" They screamed.

"Stop Yukino Espoir!!" They furthered on, and as they addressed the quirk, the android roared empowering the wave from the distance.

"I don't know anyone named 'Yukino Espoir'!!" For an instant, and only a blink... the former Snow Queen's image took over the appearance of Nemesis, leaving those witnessing in awe. ... All of those defenders were knocked away and off their feet, but they held out successfully, the Void dispersing. The android, clearly not finished by covered in damages from the battle and burns from her own system howled angrily into the sky, matching the blind anger as her Avatar: Blaster Joker, who was faring about just as well against Overlord the End. While he had the advantage, he was only growing more frustrated and insane, stopping occasionally to just scream and shout at nothing - not even the Flame Dragon. He would even swing his sword in the air for no reason. However, with one attack, like his partner, the image of his former self flashed true while striking at Dragonic Overlord. After that single hit, if it hit or missed, Blaster Joker warped over to Nemesis, and the duo was now poised to attack both Overlords at once...!!

"H-Hey..." Aoi's wincing tone urged those around her and helping her, "Fubuki... over there... please... help her." The gumball pleaded, and several medics agreed to it with vanguard units helping the prodigy's condition. They rushed over to Fubuki's safe point with several of the defenders who got their shields back, attempting to help her condition and safeguard her as well. Humanity's gears were spinning furiously, all of them determined to not have anymore deaths today, and get back what they lost.

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:32 pm

The End soared to The Cross' side with all haste, the two standing side by side, bracing themselves for them incoming strike from both Nemesis and the Ace at once. Separated, they'd managed to hold their own, though both of them had already sustained damage and wouldn't be able to continue their fight for much longer. Karin knew she'd have to bail out soon... But she could last just a little longer. She sheathed the old sword and held her own in both hands, and it shined brightly with the fragment of holy light Karin held. Even that would run out soon, so Karin would make these precious few moments count. They had to.

With her partner at her side, the two Overlords stood together, ready to match whatever Nemesis and Blaster Joker were about to throw at them. "Come on then, Yukino!"

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:54 am

Nemesis lifted her hands with palms facing each other at her torso and Blaster Joker raised his sword straight into the sky behind her. "ERASURE Generation!" Was called out and the duo began supercharging themselves with a staggering about of Void, the ferocity of the mighty power tearing apart at the earth below them. Gritting her teeth angrily, it was clear the super weapon was going as far as to further harm herself in order to deal the killing blow if at all possible. This monster was mindlessly devoted to the God of Death like how her original self was mindlessly devoted to humanity. Howling furiously and another shockwave emitting from the two to further crush the terrain underneath, a sphere of nothingness formed in-between her hands and began to shape into Blaster Joker's blade of lost courage, pointing toward the twin Overlords. Snarling angry gibberish, Ace lowered his sword to the energy, merging the two.

"I don't know anyone named 'Yukino'!!" Nemesis roared with another flash of the previous Snow Queen. The Void was fired out, extending like the same energy spear that erased Lambros and Thavas blasting at the Overlords and threatening to even Delete them if they didn't do something about it!!

Best Girl
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dementuo on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 am

The End took a step behind The Cross, and The Cross raised her sword high. The light imbued within it flared up, taking on the form of a fiery aura surrounding the blade, glowing brightly. Her own aura- and the fire that enveloped her- rose in response, blazing in tandem with the golden blade. This would be the moment that had to go her way, where she had to succeed. To push forward and secure a future, or be deleted with everything else.

To face one's own limits, and surpass them.

To stand back up, each and every time, and overcome these impossible odds.

Wasn't that what it meant to live?

The spear of Void that had been hurled toward the twin Overlords drew closer, and as it approached, Karin brought her sword down. Contact was made, and in a flash, followed by an enormous burst of fire and light, the void spear was split down the middle. The light burned around it, breaking it apart before it could make contact with the Overlords themselves, and within moments, it had dissipated entirely. The light faded with it, completely expended- But that didn't matter. Karin had repelled Nemesis' most deadly attack and avoided being deleted. Just as humanity had done so many times before her, despite the weight of the world being thrown against her, she'd survive. She would continue to live.

...But at the same time, Karin realized the situation she was in. With her energy expended, The End could no longer maintain his presence, and faded from view. Karin herself had put everything she had left into stopping Nemesis' attack, and the flame that surrounded her vanished completely. She was at her limit, and trying to continue the fight would be suicide.

Gathering up her last bits of strength, she shed her armor in one more fiery explosion, using it as cover as she dashed away. Karin took up a position hiding behind a building a good distance away from the battle, just barely close enough so that Karin could keep an eye on what was happening. She breathed heavily, completely worn out from the endless fighting.

"Alright, Haruka... That's... about all I can do. I bought you some time... The rest is up to you."

Dementuo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning King on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:36 pm

The battle against Seifer and Neo began, Shadow Paladin against Shadow Paladin and Narukami against Narukami. Raging Form Dragon Rebirth clashed against Blaster Dark Revenger in a battle of determination and ambition. Although Seifer was unable to ride Grade 3, he still fought against the Emperor. In the end though, it was futile and Seifer was defeated at the hands of the Emperor.

The other half of the battle was Descendant Rebirth against a ghost from the Emperor's past: Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion "THE BLOOD." The mere presence of this unit infuriated the Emperor, and when it appeared on the battlefield, the orb shone brighter. This unit brought back memories for the Emperor... Memories of when he was known as "The King." Neo claimed to be using it to bring back the old Cero, to 'free' the Emperor from this false power. The Emperor, however, claimed it wasn't a false power. This was now his power, he had conquered it. In response to this aggravation, the Right of the Emperor aimed to strike the final blow and return the phantom of the past before it back where it belonged. When Neo attempted to defend against this, double critical triggers appeared to end the battle.

The Emperor continues standing, as hope of defeating him reduces further and further. He stared at the rebels, Seifer barely standing.

"Do you understand now? The absolute power that I have obtained?"

Lightning King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top